Print Page | Close Window

Dry Socket - Ever Had One?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=351135
Printed Date: Aug 22 2019 at 6:15am

Topic: Dry Socket - Ever Had One?
Posted By: Organic
Subject: Dry Socket - Ever Had One?
Date Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 3:52pm
This looks sooooo painful! Dude started crying. Have you ever had one or know someone who has?

Ignore the comment asking if he was an inmate Ermm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb4WcAXTa6o" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb4WcAXTa6o

-------------
Cut from full hip to full waist
Maxi Glide with coconut oil
Pin curls
VOILA!

Replies:
Posted By: Anah
Date Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 4:28pm
Haysoos help me!!! This is why I am so afraid to get my wisdoms out Cry but they say its better to do it sooner than laterDisapprove

-------------
#CHOGH

Posted By: niecy
Date Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 4:31pm
So glad I didn't have that issue when I got my wisdom teeth pulled.

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 4:48pm
He's a punk for crying. Man up sir! lol

I had 3 out of 4 wisdom teeth turn into dry sockets.Disapprove

I called a few days after the extractions complaining and they told me to not worry about it. I came in a week after and they were soooooo sorry! It was a free visit and they cleaned and packed the area, gave me a boatload of pain meds(A lot) and it was all good. I did miss days from school because I couldn't drive. This was the same dentist where I had a bad reaction to the Novocaine so you know I didn't go back to them.

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR

Posted By: Lonisha87
Date Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 4:56pm
Just got a tooth pulled last week and I've been so scared it would turn into that. It's healing right it seems though.

-------------

Posted By: starflower7
Date Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 5:01pm
Didn't click lol. At first I thought I didn't have any wisdom teeth but they started coming out about a year ago. I was hoping they would close my little gap (it's not an ugly gap but still) but they still haven't. It doesn't seem as if they've erupted all the way but I'ma leave em and see what happens.

My older brother's and my sister's teeth teeth are a lot more crowded than mine so they had to get theirs removed.

-------------
"I give to the needy...and not the greedy!"

"Mm hm that's right!"

Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 5:51pm
is it even necessary to get wisdom teeth pulled? i have more than enough room in my mouth and all 4 of my teeth have been in for almost 3 years...I figure my dentists just want to keep their pockets fat

-------------
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/28mflg8.gif%5b/IMG]

Posted By: fairyQueen092
Date Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 5:53pm
Why oh why did I click this thread ? I'm getting all 4 pulled out tomorrow

-------------
Bhm sucks. Lets see how long it will take to get siggys back -__-

Posted By: JGCwayZeBaby
Date Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 9:44pm
I was told that it's more common to get dry sockets on lower tooth extractions and if you're on birth control that you're more likely to get them. I had 3 wisdom teeth pulled and those healed fine. I had another lower tooth extracted and the way the dentist stitched it didn't allow it to heal properly so I had a partial dry socket on that one, which was painful... I ended up going in and getting the stitch removed (it was supposed to dissolve I guess), then got cleaned & packed. 
You really just have to leave them alone, that's the hard part because it's so gross to me... I just slept as much as possible because I was miserable not being able to eat solid food and drooling like a fool right after the procedure. Rinse gently with warm salt water while you heal since you shouldn't brush immediately. 

Posted By: oh_so_moody
Date Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 9:50pm
I got dry socket when I had one of mine pulled.

To date, it was the most painful experience I have EVER had in my natural life.

Understand that was the first and only dental work I'd ever had but I've had previous major surgeries that didn't equate to the dry socket pain.

TERRIBLE!

-------------
She hurt feelings, she break hearts
She stay quiet, she play smart
She take pride, in going out
Getting hollered at, and saying nah....

Posted By: petiteone29
Date Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 10:31pm
i had one a few years ago. man that was so painful i wanted to slap somebody!! its hard to explain the pain. it was a terrible throbbing pain. i used some gauze dipped in this oil that i cant remember the name of and packed it in there. that helped alot. i lost weight because i couldnt eat solid food for like 2 WEEKS.

Posted By: SeducTress
Date Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

i had one a few years ago. man that was so painful i wanted to slap somebody!! its hard to explain the pain. it was a terrible throbbing pain. i used some gauze dipped in this oil that i cant remember the name of and packed it in there. that helped alot. i lost weight because i couldnt eat solid food for like 2 WEEKS.

Tea tree oil?Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

I know because I had dry socket on my bottom wisdom and LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWD the pain...the pain is something out of this world and uniquely horrible.

I'd rather deliver Neyo's babies without epidural. 

Dry socket can bring a grown man to his knees i tell you. lol

I remember begging for a gun when I ran out of narcs.Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 12:22am
Originally posted by SeducTress SeducTress wrote:

Tea tree oil?Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

I know because I had dry socket on my bottom wisdom and LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWD the pain...the pain is something out of this world and uniquely horrible.

I remember begging for a gun when I ran out of narcs.Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

Heaven's gates. I've heard on more than one occasion that tooth pain is worse than child birth. My mother has also said this to be true LOL.

...and I am SO mad at you 'bout having Neyo's babehs naturally! NOOOoooooo!!!! LOL

-------------
Pin curls
VOILA!

Date Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 12:23am

Does it hurt when your mouth is closed, or only when it is open and air 'touches' it? My sister had a root canal performed, and the only thing that stopped the pain was drinking ice-cold water to numb the area, or keeping her mouth sealed shut Pinch.

-------------
Pin curls
VOILA!

Date Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 12:47am

Originally posted by Organic Organic wrote:

Does it hurt when your mouth is closed, or only when it is open and air 'touches' it? My sister had a root canal performed, and the only thing that stopped the pain was drinking ice-cold water to numb the area, or keeping her mouth sealed shut Pinch.

it hurt all the time but air hitting it made it worse. had me up crying at 3 in the morning. any extreme temperatures made it worse so i just consumed room temperature ensures the whole time.

the oil i used wasnt tea tree but it had a similar smell. i cant for the life of me remember what it was. it was really strong and spicy tasting.

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 12:51am
oregano oil

Date Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 12:55am
Originally posted by SeducTress SeducTress wrote:

<!-- bmi_SafeAddOnload(bmi_load,"bmi_orig_img",0);//-->

yes that pain is the worse. i didnt even know what a dry socket was before then!!

im trying to remember the name of that darn oil i used. i dont think it was tea tree oil though.

Date Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 12:59am
ah ha !! now i remember it was clove oil.

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 1:00am
Hug to errrybody who's had that kind of tooth pain

I had my wisdom teeth pulled in the hospital under anesthesia ... from so many people's stories, I don't know how I wouldve survived it otherwise

Posted By: nycdiva357
Date Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 1:17am
heavens no... why did i come into this thread?

i thought this was about ppl who couldn't cry...lol dont judge me.

i sure was in the hospital last month w/ a tooth ache...from hayle. 1/2 my face swollen that they had to let me expedite the emergency wait.

it was the devil.
and i still have to go back... im scared now. what if they take out this next tooth and i get this dry socket. if its as bad as yall are making it sound..sigh

-------------
He follows what I'm saying.. I aint gotta twitter shyt.

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 1:20am
Y'all had the wrong dentists. You needed one that was willing to pass out pain meds like they were aspirin.

They had me getting spaced out in the middle of my own sentences and everything.LOLDead

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR

Posted By: krisviola1
Date Posted: Oct 16 2013 at 2:17pm
Sigh I knew there would be a thread like this on BHM.  I had a dry socket that lasted a week before I finally went back to the doctor.  I thought it was supposed to hurt that bad. Ouch Taking vicodin like it's my best friend.

But they put some tissue with medicine on it in the socket and it hurt for a second, but by the time I got to the parking lot it felt 100%.  Now I'm eating lasagna like a boss.

Posted By: Omgitsdannie101
Date Posted: Oct 16 2013 at 3:11pm
i never had dry sockets but getting my wisdom teeth removed was still traumatizing...my dentist started pulling before i was fully asleep Cry

Posted By: oh_so_moody
Date Posted: Oct 16 2013 at 3:38pm
Clove oil is was they soak the gauze in.

I almost killed someone and it was Jan in Chi so that wind was killing my mouth.

Posted By: .hott.pink.
Date Posted: Oct 16 2013 at 3:40pm
I guess I'm just a mutant or something because I had two wisdom teeth pulled and neither of them hurt at ALL afterwards.  Hell, the second one, they only numbed my gums, yanked it, and then I went right to work afterwards.  There was literally no pain for me. 

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Oct 16 2013 at 4:13pm
I have four wisdom teeth that need to be extracted..

OH MY GOD, I MIGHT BE AN ATHEIST BUT I AM GOING TO PRAY THIS sh*t NEVER HAPPENS TO ME!!

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Oct 16 2013 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

is it even necessary to get wisdom teeth pulled? i have more than enough room in my mouth and all 4 of my teeth have been in for almost 3 years...I figure my dentists just want to keep their pockets fat

Like you said, it just depends on if you have the room
One of mine was problematic so we just had them all taken out

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Oct 16 2013 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by .hott.pink. .hott.pink. wrote:

I guess I'm just a mutant or something because I had two wisdom teeth pulled and neither of them hurt at ALL afterwards.  Hell, the second one, they only numbed my gums, yanked it, and then I went right to work afterwards.  There was literally no pain for me. 

I'm very sensitive to those meds. They always tell me oh we're just going to numb or sedate you, then I wake up like "it's over?"

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Oct 16 2013 at 4:26pm
I thought this thread was about dry eyeballs Stern Smile

Yea, I had all 4 wisdom teeth pulled within a few weeks of each other and I never encountered this problem

Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Oct 16 2013 at 4:33pm
i hate puss ass crackers comments on youtube/wshh/intanets

Posted By: joileprincess
Date Posted: Oct 16 2013 at 4:45pm
I had dry sockets and I wanted to die. Its a complication caused by the clot prematurely dislodging from the socket post extraction. Narcotics have limited value because its nerve and bone associated pain. The vicodin es, Tylenol 3, motrin didn't help much. I would sleep for a moment and then I would wake up to pain with the same intensity. I went to the ER which didn't help. My dentist disappeared without any forwarding instructions for her patients. No other dentist wanted to come behind her. Clove oil helped me the night before but irritated my mouth something serious.  I cried nonstop until it was packed which I had to have done every 3 days for about 10 days. 

I wouldn't wish that pain on my worst enemy. I legit wanted someone to put me out of my misery.

Posted By: mocherry
Date Posted: Oct 16 2013 at 9:02pm
Never heard of this and I have all 4 of my wisdom teeth. I have never even had a tooth pulled or a toothache! My dentist of the last 4 years keeps asking me if I wanted to remove them and of course I say NO because if I am not having pain, why should I pull them.

Print Page | Close Window