Print Page | Close Window

In the Spirit of Thanksgiving....

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=351006
Printed Date: Aug 20 2018 at 12:20am

Topic: In the Spirit of Thanksgiving....
Posted By: _ConcreteRose_
Subject: In the Spirit of Thanksgiving....
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 2:38pm
What are you thankful for?

I'm thankful for the great people (family, friends, even some acquaintances) I have in my life. Seriously wouldn't be able to deal with life without them.

I'm also thankful for google for just reminding me me how to spell acquaintance.

hbu?

-------------
https://40.media.tumblr.com/5ba9e0be75128d9fefb41178032b37f9/tumblr_nm5ltoJrGx1skqlxjo1_540.jpg

Replies:
Posted By: Meme0887
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 2:48pm
My parents...they're just awesome

That's about it lol

-------------

Posted By: FarraFace
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 2:48pm
*placeholder*

ETA: I'm thankful for a sound mind and strong constitution. For full use and control of all my limbs and faculties. For a healthy and happy child. A man who loves me and all my crazy.

Honestly though, I'm most thankful that I woke up this morning. All that other stuff is just gravy.

ETFA: IDK how I forgot, *slaps forehead* but this Thanksgiving I am especially thankful that my president and 1st family are steeeeel black!

-------------

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 2:49pm
i'm thankful for my mother who needs to retire yet works every single day, just in case my sister or I happen to hit a speed bump and need help.  i'm thankful for my health because it is always taken for granted.  i'm thankful for grants, student loans, scholarships, and every dime available for those who want to continue their education.  Ready for that check in January, yes Gawd hunty.

Posted By: sexibeach
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 2:55pm
i'm grateful for my family and love ones,all that i have and all I receive, being blessed in every way.. and that Mitt Romney is NOT the President. 

-------------

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 2:58pm
I'm thankful for my gram.
And I'm thankful that I'm not ugly

Posted By: nala52808
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 3:03pm
im thankful for all the godfearing people who keep me on the right path every single day. and im thankful for my mom, because she never gives up on me, even when i give up on myself.
 I am also thankful for the Weeknd, because his songs are awesome and make me happy when I am wasted or hornyWink.

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 3:09pm
being alive and able bodied with all my senses. that is the most important thing to me since so many don't have that.
family and friends

-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B

Posted By: acaraway
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 3:29pm
I'm thankful for my mother, brother, aunts, uncles, and cousins- who've all been going out of their way to help me and make me comfortable.

I'm thankful for my friends, for being comforts and distractions when I needed them.
I'm thankful that I'm alive, and I'm thankful for every moment of happiness I get in my life.
I'm thankful for the internet and computer games, and I'm thankful for my prof. extending the deadline of one of my essays.
I'm thankful all the experiences I've had and survived, and I hope everything stays great.

Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

being alive and able bodied with all my senses. that is the most important thing to me since so many don't have that.

Agreed. My friend looked at me crazy the other day when I made a toast to being able to see (eyesight, literally). sh*t is serious.

I am thankful for both mental and physical health. Being blessed with having the mother I do, my friends, sisters (even though they get on my nerves), the fact that I was able to get an education, and I pray often to thank Him for giving me my ability to understand things easily.

I'm thankful for everything I have (a working vehicle, an apt, etc)

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Agreed. My friend looked at me crazy the other day when I made a toast to being able to see (eyesight, literally). sh*t is serious.

I am thankful for both mental and physical health. Being blessed with having the mother I do, my friends, sisters (even though they get on my nerves), the fact that I was able to get an education, and I pray often to thank Him for giving me my ability to understand things easily.

I'm thankful for everything I have (a working vehicle, an apt, etc)

I had handicapped siblings. I can't take that ish for granted.  

-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 3:56pm
I'm thankful for the same things other posters are thankful for

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 4:03pm
I'm thankful for where I was born and to whom and when

I can't take for granted how much these things, that I had no control over, affect my quality of life

Posted By: smaison
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 7:13pm
my health, family, and resources.

-------------
"I don't give a flying pretzel in skittle rainbow hell"

Posted By: **Sk!TtLeS B**
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 7:15pm
Im thankful for my loving and dependable family members, and my friends that are truly down for the cause. 

Im thankful that I've finally figured out the difference between a good friend and a true friend. 

Im thankful for my health, and the health of my loved ones. 

-------------
Im making a political statement every time I make my ass clap - Ru Paul

Posted By: Ladybird0724
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 8:08pm
I'm thankful for my family.

I'm thankful for my husband. he's a good man.

I'm thankful for my son. He's not even here yet and I love him more than words can say. I am thankful for his health and the fact that he will be here soon.

I am thankful for my health...I am thankful for this everyday.

I am also thankful for salt and vinegar chips. and vernors.

-------------
It is said it takes seven years
to grow completely new skin cells.
To think, this year I will grow
into a body you never will
have touched.
— Brett Elizabeth Jenkins

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 8:11pm
I am thankful for Future's song, "turn on the lights"

-------------
God forgive me for my brash delivery
But I remember vividly what these streets did to me

Posted By: *Belle*Femme*
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 8:37pm
i am thankful for my invisalign

i am thankful for my sisters

And i am thankful for Allah giving me the opportunity to ball on these ni99as

-------------
My mind explodes

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 8:41pm
I am thankful to know God better, healthy children, a job with wonderful co-workers and my crazy, dysfunctional family!

Posted By: Brownsugar1
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 8:43pm
@ nitabug and ladybird

Im thankful for my life, my family and the cool people ive met over the yrs.

-------------

When there is no enemy within,
the enemies outside cannot hurt you.

Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 8:43pm
I am thankful that I didn't get pregnant this year.
I'm thankful that I have a nice home.
I'm thankful that my professors think I'm absolutely adorable and will let me get away with turning my papers in late.
I'm thankful that I am Nigerian.

Posted By: hauteshellbi
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 8:44pm
I'm thankful for my mom and the rest of my family

I'm thankful for my job I really do love what I do...wish I made more money but that's for a different thread

-------------
Men fake a relationship to get a nut, Women fake a nut to get a relationship- himayn10ence

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 8:45pm
ive got nothing this year

Posted By: pattigurlatl
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 9:11pm
I'm thankful that I am not like the average numskull and know that the real Thanksgiving is a celebration of racial genocide.

-------------
Harriet Tubman - I freed a thousands slaves. I would have freed more had they known they were slaves.

Michael Harriot - She wouldn't have freed any if she was worried about her hair.

Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by pattigurlatl pattigurlatl wrote:

I'm thankful that I am not like the average numskull and know that the real Thanksgiving is a celebration of racial genocide.

woah pattiStern Smile. you totally messed up the mood in here.

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 9:28pm
*doesn't feel so bad about my post now*

Posted By: 313chick
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 9:29pm
I'm thankful for my family, true friends, my education/maintaining my good grades, scholarship I was just awarded... and discovering God this year. He got me through so many things/decisions and in my lonely season I am still depending on him because I realized he's all I need. I wouldn't be strong and wise if it wasn't for him

-------------

Posted By: 313chick
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by nala52808 nala52808 wrote:

I'm thankful that my professors think I'm absolutely adorable and will let me get away with turning my papers in late.
yesHeartHeart

-------------

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

*doesn't feel so bad about my post now*
lmao

-------------
God forgive me for my brash delivery
But I remember vividly what these streets did to me

Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by 313chick 313chick wrote:

yesHeartHeart

Naija is da best!!!!Big smile

Posted By: pattigurlatl
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 9:46pm

Originally posted by pattigurlatl pattigurlatl wrote:

woah pattiStern Smile. you totally messed up the mood in here.
Be thankful to be aware. And know that you should be thankful every day for every blessing including the fact that several of America's ancestors died so that people today could celebrate this day without thought.

-------------
Harriet Tubman - I freed a thousands slaves. I would have freed more had they known they were slaves.

Michael Harriot - She wouldn't have freed any if she was worried about her hair.

Posted By: laceyfront
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 11:25pm
Pinned Image

Posted By: Mixer
Date Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 11:29am
I don't like to mention this much because not a lot of families have it like this but I am thankful for the fact that there have been so few deaths in my family. Less then 10 who were close to me have passed. During a Thanksgiving, one of my relatives mentioned that she was thankful for the same thing confirming that even outside of family members I haven't met or weren't close to, not that many of them have passed.Smile

-------------
The CHOGH crew...

President honeybee10

oh_so_moody

afrokock

Mixer

colemrlch

ummmok

niecy

313chick

AffirmativeBunny

Anah