Print Page | Close Window

Not Guilty Verdict in Bowie State Murder Trial

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=350988
Printed Date: Nov 18 2017 at 6:32am

Topic: Not Guilty Verdict in Bowie State Murder Trial
Posted By: PurplePhase
Subject: Not Guilty Verdict in Bowie State Murder Trial
Date Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 10:08pm
remember this?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Alexis Simpson Not Guilty Of Killing Roommate Dominique Frazier In Bowie State Murder Trial

http://images.wjla.com/crime/dominique_frazier(1)_296.jpeg
Dominique Frazier

http://images.wjla.com/crime/alexis_simpson_296.jpeg

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2012/11/alexis-simpson-best-friend-of-victim-in-bowie-state-murder-trial-testifies--82094.html" rel="nofollow - Alexis Simpson

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2012/11/alexis-simpson-best-friend-of-victim-in-bowie-state-murder-trial-testifies--82094.html" rel="nofollow -

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2012/11/alexis-simpson-best-friend-of-victim-in-bowie-state-murder-trial-testifies--82094.html" rel="nofollow - Former Bowie State University student Alexis Simpson , 20, is a free woman. Simpson was found not guilty of seven charges brought against her related to the death of her roommate Dominique Frazier on Sept. 15, 2011, according to D.C.-area ABC affiliate WJLA.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/trafficandcommuting/opening-statements-in-bowie-state-roommate-murder-trial/2012/11/13/f5f5f9c2-2dbe-11e2-a99d-5c4203af7b7a_story.html" rel="nofollow - The Washington Post reports that the roommates traded insults and fought often. Both the prosecution and defense agreed that they routinely insulted each other, but Simpson's lawyers compelled jurors to agree that she acted quickly to defend her life when a fight over a loud iPod escalated quickly and became violent.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/49846205/" rel="nofollow - Simpson took the stand on Thursday morning , saying, “She (Dominique) slammed the door and hit me in my face with the door pretty hard … It caused my head to jerk. She opened her door and stepped out … She said 'What’s up?' and started to swing. She uppercut me while holding my hair,” MSNBC reports.

That's when Simpson retrieved her http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/trial-to-start-for-ex-bowie-state-student-accused-of-killing-roommate/2012/11/13/60a9d966-2d77-11e2-b631-2aad9d9c73ac_story.html" rel="nofollow - inhaler and a pocketknife from her room, according to the Post. She swung at Frazier and accidentally stabbed her in the neck with the knife.

“I laid down next to her and put my hand on her neck so blood wouldn’t come out," Simpson said. "I started to panic... There was foam coming out of her mouth… I didn’t know what to do,” says MSNBC.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/16/bowie-state-stabbing-alex_n_966924.html" rel="nofollow - Simpson was released in April on a $250,000 bond. A judge told her to stay at her mother's home.

-------------

PEACE

Replies:
Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 10:09pm
yup saw this on the news last night.  i was surprised

-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 10:10pm
Remember

Sigh

Date Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

yup saw this on the news last night.  i was surprised

I was shocked.

-------------

PEACE

Posted By: CamiK
Date Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 10:14pm
Wow,I remember...that was a speedy trial...

-------------
Last thing I wanna do is hurt you, but its still on my list..

Posted By: lumii18
Date Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 10:15pm
idk ow to feel about this.....the other girl is not here to tell her side...so...

-------------

Posted By: MizzAmirah
Date Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 10:16pm
What the hell?! She got NOTHING though?

-------------

Posted By: petiteone29
Date Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 10:16pm
they could have atleast got her for manslaughter. she knew what she was doing

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 10:17pm
Why they ain't show the other girls' senior pic?

Date Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

they could have atleast got her for manslaughter. she knew what she was doing

maybe they didn't give the jury that option.  i am surprised they went for intentional murder.  it seemed like manslaughter to me but maybe argued that she premeditated during the argument. 

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 10:18pm
those images weren't with the article(those wouldn't post). I  grabbed some  from an image search.

-------------

PEACE

Date Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 10:24pm
They need to be more careful with charging folks with 1st degree murder. 

Posted By: Faithfully2002
Date Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 10:33pm
Oh wow that's crazy.

-------------

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 11:22pm
This woman accidentally murdered a woman by intentionally bringing out a pocket knife?

When this case was new, I remember they said she stabbed her with a pair of scissors. That woman is guilty, period. I'm amazed she's going scott free!

-------------

Posted By: Quiann00
Date Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 11:44pm
The story that I remember hearing from witnesses last year was that they were fighting and roommates broke it up and pushed the girls in their respective rooms.  Ole girl came back with the scissors and stabbed her in the neck.  This sounds like a whole different case.

The last person standing tells the story I guess.

I think this is a matter of light-skinned vs. dark thoConfused

-------------
"Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."-Eleanor Roosevelt

Date Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 11:55pm
i think the victim was portrayed as a bully when it first happened. i wonder if that made the jurors feel sorry for the murderer.

and arent pocket knives folded? did it accidentally swing open when she accidentally stabbed her???

this story seems so different than the original one.

soo many things wrong here

Posted By: MizzAmirah
Date Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 11:59pm

i think the victim was portrayed as a bully when it first happened. i wonder if that made the jurors feel sorry for the murderer.

and arent pocket knives folded? did it accidentally swing open when she accidentally stabbed her???

This. And did they not pull her twitter also?i remember she called herself some type of killer our something.

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 12:04am
sounds like the bolded may have turned the case for the jury.

========================================
Article from Wednesday (day before verdict)

Witness: Deadly slashing during roommate fight could have been accident

From Keaira Johnson’s perspective, Alexis Simpson http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/bowie-state-student-accused-of-fatally-stabbing-roommate/2011/09/16/gIQAIMRfYK_story.html" rel="nofollow - instigated the confrontation that left her roommate at Bowie State University fatally wounded. But Johnson, who saw the deadly fight, acknowledged in court Wednesday that Simpson might not have intended to slash her roommate’s neck.

Defense attorneys say that Simpson was bullied by Frazier and her friends and retrieved and wielded the knife in self-defense.

Johnson, 21, a friend of Frazier’s, testified Wednesday that Simpson and Frazier began to argue after Simpson turned off an iPod playing in the suite and that Simpson soon began yelling outside the door to Frazier’s room.

Johnson testified that after Frazier retrieved a knife — not the weapon used in the slaying — she quickly moved to take it from her and stash it in a dresser drawer.

“I said, ‘You’re not going to do that,’ ” Johnson testified. “You’re not going to stab her.”

Soon after, Johnson testified, Simpson came into the room and began to fight Frazier, and the brawl spilled to the living room. Johnson said that after that fight paused, Simpson punched her and the two of them traded blows.

After the melee had appeared to end, Johnson testified, Simpson again went to Frazier’s room. She said that the women “started swinging at each other” and that Frazier “grabbed her neck and just stopped moving,” apparently having been slashed.

That account is in line with other witnesses’ and prosecutors’ theory of the case. But defense attorneys forced a key concession from Johnson when she acknowledged on cross-examination that Simpson might not have intended to slash Frazier.

“It looked like a mistake, right?” Christopher Griffiths, Simpson’s defense attorney, asked Johnson.

“I guess. Yeah,” Johnson said.

Defense attorneys on Wednesday began calling their own witnesses, first questioning two Bowie State juniors who said they witnessed incidents involving Simpson, Frazier and Frazier’s friends.

Elliott Styles and Unique Arnold testified that they saw some women glaring at Simpson in a cafeteria area at the university after an argument. Previous testimony indicated that those women were Frazier and her friends. Arnold said that about a week before the stabbing, Simpson told her that she intended to change dorm rooms.

Another defense witness, Janaye Ruffin, who lived across the hall from Frazier and Simpson, testified that after the slashing, Simpson seemed “scared” and “concerned.”

“She was breathing heavy,” Ruffin said. “She couldn’t even put words together to form sentences.”

Prosecutors concluded their portion of the case by calling a medical examiner, who testified that Frazier died of “multiple sharp force injuries,” including a cut to the jugular that could have proven fatal in seconds.

-------------

PEACE

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 12:04am
can't imagine what the victim's family must be going through

Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 12:06am
I agree Ricky

-------------

PEACE

Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 12:08am
So they both had knives?
No way that could have ended well.

Posted By: starflower7
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 12:09am
Light skin.

I'm not even sure if I'm kidding or not.

-------------
"I give to the needy...and not the greedy!"

"Mm hm that's right!"

Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 12:13am
Originally posted by starflower7 starflower7 wrote:

Light skin.

I agree with you.
Originally posted by Quiann00 Quiann00 wrote:

-------------
"Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."-Eleanor Roosevelt

Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 12:16am
does this happen at PWIs?

-------------

Posted By: starflower7

Light skin.

I agree with you.

Lol I didn't even see that in your post. This world is somethin else smh.

-------------
"I give to the needy...and not the greedy!"

"Mm hm that's right!"

Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

So they both had knives?
No way that could have ended well.

yes,  it does sound like one of them was going to harm the other that night.

-------------

PEACE

Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 12:19am
Originally posted by MizzAmirah MizzAmirah wrote:

This. And did they not pull her twitter also?i remember she called herself some type of killer our something.

really!? thats crazy. something isnt right with this case.

Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 12:19am
these bitches were 'bout that life.

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 12:20am

Virginia Tech pretty crazy

-------------

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 12:22am
I didn't hear about this case, i don't think but

Not Guilty =/= Innocent

Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 12:26am

Virginia Tech pretty crazy

yeah but that was like domestic violence right...i feel like that happens more often than women killing other women

i remember one incident happening at school...with this boy and girl who lived together...and they tried to say it was a domestic incident...which i guess it was...but they were friends who decided to live together bc they both did coke and got into a fight while high about their drugsWacko

-------------

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 12:26am

Usually it's domestic bf/gf violence at PWIs and alcohol problems from what I've seen.

Lawd the alcohol fueled situations.CryLOLCry

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 4:44am
Shocked im surprised she got off.

Posted By: bg
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 7:12am
That was a fast trial...i just saw on the news that it started...now its over

sad situation all around

-------------
“Turn your face toward the sun and the shadows will fall behind you.” ~Maori Proverb~

Posted By: pinkextra
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 8:32am

Light skin.

I agree with you.

+1

On a side note, it seems as though our (Black in general) lives are hardly taken seriously enough by others, which has often influenced how some of us even view the plight/fate of our own people!  

Had it been a Becky doe...... CNN/MSNBC/FAUX News, Sports Center, the Weather Channel, etc....  Some form of 'justice' would have been served in the end.

-------------
"I think my mother is a Coon. **not literally, but from what I see you guys say about "coons", she acts very similar."        -   Kimmy90

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 9:40am
dang

-------------
Chris and Koochie split! - Mrshairdo

Sometimes when sh*t happens...you say fucc - Cyndi Lauper

let's look death in the face and say "whatever man". -Hurley.

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 9:55am
wow i remember the original threads

wow!

-------------
I just can't stand the negro british midget. He brings out the worst in me.....

I sometimes think AfroK is gay and either doesn't know it or won't admit to it..

Posted By: Junior Jr
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 10:04am
I've only messed with one bsu chick. They're usually...different

jr.

-------------

Posted By: sunshine321511
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 10:38am
I was also surprised that she was found not guilty.  But I'm sure this is not over, I expect a civil suit from the family of the young lady who died, I expect if it is not already in the works, they will sue the school and if it was reported that the roommates did not get along and were not moved to other rooms, I expect a suit for negligance.

I also expect the girl who was found not guilty to sue the school for the same reason as mentioned above, that she was being bullied.

I have seen so many cases where people don't want to go to court, the goal is to get a settlement so I know this is not OVER, much more legal litigation is to follow.

Posted By: Tbaby
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 10:42am
I've had plenty of fights with roommates, but never physical ones...the girl should have gotten manslaughter atleast. 

I'm curious why they weren't ever moved to separate rooms after displaying a pattern of repeated violence towards each other.Confused

-------------
Everyone has a role in life. We all can't be CEO's somebody gotta take the orders at Mickey D's & the KFC's -Jewelsync

Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 10:56am
i dont think ls/ds has anything to do with this. that girl isnt really even light.

Posted By: teendiva
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 11:10am
What a fail.

-------------
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else, is the greatest accomplishment.
-My dude Emerson

Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 11:22am

i dont think ls/ds has anything to do with this. that girl isnt really even light.

i don't either.  i want to see the complete list of charges.  she might have just had a better attorney.  it doesn't even sound like the jury took that much time to deliberate.

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 11:39am

i don't either.  i want to see the complete list of charges.  she might have just had a better attorney.  it doesn't even sound like the jury took that much time to deliberate.

right. i was thinking maybe she just had a really good lawyer. and the fact that she seemed to be a victim of bullying probably already gained the sympathy of the jurors.

Posted By: uppitynegroid
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 12:04pm

these bitches were 'bout that life.

Evidently.

I agree with Tbaby that after multiple incidences the school should have separated them.  The school is partially to blame for letting things escalate to that point.  It seems like both of them were unstable though.

-------------
Omi te mi o ni san koja mi.

Posted By: uppitynegroid
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 12:06pm

-------------
Omi te mi o ni san koja mi.

Posted By: JasonWllms55
Date Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by Junior Jr Junior Jr wrote:

I've only messed with one bsu chick. They're usually...different

jr.

please elaborate. lol 

-------------
#BEDROOMBULLY

Posted By: Sinnamon_Mami
Date Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 3:44pm
I had a fight my freshman year in college and was immediately moved out of my room. I think this girl should've gotten 10-15 years for manslaughter..

-------------

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 3:50pm
this is the era of killing your roommate and getting away with it. coughamandaknoxcough

Print Page | Close Window