Print Page | Close Window

At what age will you panic

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=350871
Printed Date: Sep 25 2018 at 3:59pm

Topic: At what age will you panic
Posted By: used2braid
Subject: At what age will you panic
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 9:50am
Alright ladies, lets be completely real here.

Aside from the reassurance that "God will provide" at what age will you go "oh shoot, I gotta get on that!" if you're not married or in a serious relationship.

If you're already married, at what age did you think you were going to get married and what age did you end up getting married?

For my own personal self, I think by age 30 I don't got a serious something-something going on...Thumbs Down

Replies:
Posted By: babyk94
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 9:53am
Good question I don't really know maybe like 32 I want to have a lot of kids so I think I would rather start earlier

Posted By: RoxieDream
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 9:53am
Panic? Idk about all of that ....

Maybe 35

-------------
<< Swerve >>

Posted By: tasty0619
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 9:54am
Umm...i'd say around 30, and that's mainly for child-rearing purposes.

-------------
Visit my accessory store to view my handmade designs!! www.etsy.com/shop/modishness

Posted By: keepgrowing
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 9:55am
I think I will shot myself if I'm not engaged by 28....or I'll just join eharmony 

-------------
You can't just walk in with a huge banana and expect everything to be peaches.

If you no know me brotha, I no like wahala.

Posted By: SeducTress
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 9:56am
Society has my expectations all fcuked up.

I hope to get my life somewhere in my mid 30's

Honestly though....I'm more afraid of getting married than the guys I've dated.

Once they start discussing marriage and kids I get uber nervous. 

Someone might have to trap the kid Cry

ETA: Knock on wood because I would be beyond livid lol

Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 9:58am
SamoneStern Smile

And that's all imma say. lmaoLOL

Stern Smile

Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 9:58am
maybe if im a doctor and im not in a relationship

but im currently in a relationship and i am not yet a doctor...so i need to get on that

Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 10:00am
Originally posted by keepgrowing keepgrowing wrote:

I think I will shot myself if I'm not engaged by 28....or I'll just join eharmony 
LOL

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 10:04am
Approve Absolutely

Lmao @ work with me.

Sounds like good work thus far.

Stern Smile

Posted By: princesshoneybee
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 10:10am

Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 10:12am
Panicking now. I'm 30.

Posted By: princesshoneybee
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 10:13am
Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

Panicking now. I'm 30.

If your talking about finding a mate, take it easy your black Cool Our 30 is a white peoples 23.

Posted By: hauteshellbi
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 10:15am
25 I refuse to pay for IVF or any other fertility treatments

-------------
Men fake a relationship to get a nut, Women fake a nut to get a relationship- himayn10ence

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 10:17am
I got hitched at 24 but my friends are in serious panic mode and they are 31-33. I think at 28 your eyes should be on the prize and at 31 you sould be picking out colors and arrangements.

-------------
Russell hired me to police those who STAR these non-sensical threads!!!He said I should feel free to point them out!!

Posted By: nekamarie83
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 10:18am
I was JUST talking about this with someone here. Honestly, there is no panic. Why? Because I expected my life NOW to be different-- married and kids by 30. Didn't happen. Would I like a relationship? Yes. However, it doesn't look likely.

I'll live. I'll be ok. My only real hang up is the idea that now my mom misses out on being a grandparent. She says she's aight though.

-------------
For Bebe88: "Ooooh-- short answer yes with an if, long answer no with a but…" - Rev Lovejoy

Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 10:18am
Originally posted by princesshoneybee princesshoneybee wrote:

Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

Panicking now. I'm 30.

If your talking about finding a mate, take it easy your black Cool Our 30 is a white peoples 23.

Lmao

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 10:21am
i always thought i should get married by like 27. 
and i always wanted kids since like 18.. 

but with my goals, i will be really busy and (hopefully) focused on school until im about 32.. so if im not in a serious relationship thats ok. 
kids, i will be a little confused.. i dont wanna take a year or two away from my goals by having a child. But if i do, i think about things like, will i have enough time to spend with them being in rigorous courses full time and needing to study all the time..?
But at the same time i dont wanna wait until im like 32 to have kids.. 

idk what ill do... 
ill never panic though. whats meant to be will be. 

Posted By: iSMILE13
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 10:22am
I had my life all planned out. Married at 24 and 1st baby at 26. Well, the saying goes " if you want to make God laugh, tell him your plan"

Right now I am content. No man in sight and I am ok with that. I can honestly say that I am not in a good place right now to have a boyfriend. I need to get myself together 1st and figure out what exactly what I want to do.

Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 10:29am
How are you now?!

If you don't mind me askinnnngGeek

-------------

Posted By: purpulicious01
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 10:41am
Originally posted by used2braid used2braid wrote:

Alright ladies, lets be completely real here.

Aside from the reassurance that "God will provide" at what age will you go "oh shoot, I gotta get on that!" if you're not married or in a serious relationship.

If you're already married, at what age did you think you were going to get married and what age did you end up getting married?

For my own personal self, I think by age 30 I don't got a serious something-something going on...Thumbs Down

tbh, there is no age limit

I started to get serious about marriage in my early 20s because that was the ideal age for me to marry ( which is "young" according to today's standards).  But if I reach my 30s and am not married, I wouldn't start to panic.

I've learn to let things run their natural course and be content. Muslims/we have a well known saying in our faith "We plan, but God is the best of all planners." If I'm not married by the age I 'plan' to be married, then I would exercise patience and understand that there is a reason for everything.  Meanwhile, I would use that time to concentrate, improve, and focus on myself;  finish goals and spend time doing the things that I will not have time to do once I get married and start raising a family.

So to answer the OP, there is really no age limit

-------------

Posted By: Junior Jr
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 10:45am
i never really gave it much thought

jr.

-------------

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 10:47am
Panic may be the wrong word but by 35 is whn I want to be married and have my fam underway.

-------------
Never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant

Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 10:52am
Originally posted by used2braid used2braid wrote:

How are you now?!

If you don't mind me askinnnngGeek

Is this for me? If so, in not where I want to be in my career...I'm not where I want to be financially....I haven't decided if I'm moving back to my hometown....I haven't decided where I want to go to grad school (hometown or GA). I have to figure all of this out within the next year

Posted By: smaison
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 11:03am
I have no interest in kids whatsoever.
Not sure about marriage either.
In a great relationship right now, if it ended, would not be the end of the world.
Don't wanna be alone though.
But no panic, I'm great and I haven't been single since kindergarten.

-------------
"I don't give a flying pretzel in skittle rainbow hell"

Posted By: Prazol60
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 11:05am
Thought I would get married at 25
Actual age: 26

Posted By: Yardgirl
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 11:08am
I'm 29.9 LOL

By the time I'm 32, I'd like to be planning my wedding. I'm cool with having my first child at 33/34.

If I'm 31 and single, I'll start to panic 

-------------

Posted By: Bunnyahh
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 11:16am
repost.

I did this same thread long ago.
maybe not the exact same, but quite similar.

From what I've gathered in that thread, most of bhm will remain unmarried because they refuse to change their intolerable ways or compromise their list like Chili

-------------
Hi BHM!! Lovely day I'm having. How about you?

Posted By: miana79
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 11:21am
I already got part of the package but want 1 more child to complete things...this has to happen before I turn 33 or I will panic.

Posted By: Harmonii
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 11:23am
Well I'm 34..I panicked around age 28 now I've come to grips and decided if its meant to be it will happen. Sometimes I do panic a little bit, but not like when I was in my 20's.

Posted By: pinkextra
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 11:26am

Anything under age 60! Scratch that.... Ain't no limit!

This Black don't crack, (plus I don't want kids anyway! Wink)

-------------
"I think my mother is a Coon. **not literally, but from what I see you guys say about "coons", she acts very similar."        -   Kimmy90

Posted By: Miss SDY
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 11:40am
Well, I just ended a relationship 1.5 months ago and miscarried my first pregnancy a few months prior so if I'm not headed down the isle by 31 then I'm going to be in panic mode. I prefer to head down the isle before heading to the delivery suite to deliver my first child though..

I need to figure out what I'm going to do with myself first, which needs to happen within the next couple of weeks. I need some of my personal goals accomplished before the rest comes though.

-------------
http://daisypath.com" rel="nofollow">

NL----[SL]----APL----BSB----BSL

Closing in on APL!!!

Posted By: lovelife
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 12:01pm
i think i'll start to panic if i'm not engaged @ 29. 

-------------
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

repost.

From what I've gathered in that thread, most of bhm will remain unmarried because they refuse to change their intolerable ways or compromise their list like Chili
You kinda have a valid point.

When I got married I only had 3 things on my list.
1. Goes to church
2. Way taller than me
3. Dark skindedededed

He was already handsome so I didn't put that on my list. So I told myself everything else we can work on and I've been married feels like forever...Cos I aint gonna say how long before the calculators start popping out to find out my age.

-------------
Russell hired me to police those who STAR these non-sensical threads!!!He said I should feel free to point them out!!

Posted By: MissinCali
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 12:09pm
35Confused

-------------

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 12:10pm
i more so worry about career than kids tbh

-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 12:12pm

Posted By: gabi03
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 12:12pm
I wouldn't panic at any age. I'm not looking to get married and I don't want children. All I would want is a partner and I have no problem taking care of my own life until we find each other.

Posted By: BeatriceBean
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 12:14pm
I would urge any woman not to panic, because that's when your thinking and vision get cloudy. And the decisions get stranger and more illogical with each passing day

-------------
Life is good!

Posted By: Limalady
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 12:17pm
I worry more about my career than getting married.

Posted By: Hello! Tsuki
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 12:17pm
Thirty-summin' maybe......idk. I know I don't want to get married or have kids in my early or mid twenties. 20-26 for me is my time to have fun and just be young and fabulous

Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by BeatriceBean BeatriceBean wrote:

I would urge any woman not to panic, because that's when your thinking and vision get cloudy. And the decisions get stranger and more illogical with each passing day

omg i think this is me. i'm losing it. tell me why i drove 30 min just to go study at the local law school library. there were nothing but black women and white people in there though Cry I'm not thinking straight.

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 12:33pm
The guys I am talking to right now, I am so uninterested in them. I loatttthhhe going on dates. Maybe a few years ago they would have been my type to date, but now i just think "i wonder how long this will last" so why waste my time. I'm doomed.

ETA: And I know it is me cause these guys are really good men. It's like I want to get involved, but I don't want to. I don't get excited anymore. I'm just jaded.

-------------

Posted By: pinkextra
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

ConfusedConfused

I thought you were at least in your 30s!   But you do type like a youngsta sooo....

Carry on!  

No Shade! Wink

-------------
"I think my mother is a Coon. **not literally, but from what I see you guys say about "coons", she acts very similar."        -   Kimmy90

Posted By: tropical-punch
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 12:42pm

Posted By: lovelife
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 12:48pm
Pinkextra are you serious?

-------------
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Immie89
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 1:03pm
26/27 simply because I would like to have kids when I'm young and able to keep up with them.

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 2:03pm

pearls have been dropped.  ladies, please notate...

-------------
you say i need some time to meditate...naaaaah b*tch i'm fly! i need time to levitate... ~yeezy

dacoldesteva

Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 2:07pm

I just wanna curl up under u and let u brush my lace wig for this right hereShift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.LOL

Feels really good to be reminded of this....can't even lie.

Posted By: sistagal
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 2:08pm
I think the worry has started for me. But I have been trying to embrace single like so I don't panic as such & start settling for anything. So as much as I would want to be in a relationship & heading towards marriage etc, I want a healthy relationship & successful marriage more. So if the right one is not yet here (or I am not yet the right person for him) I will not fret. 

Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 2:12pm

I need to print this out.

Posted By: Miss SDY
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 2:24pm

You always give such great advice. I really appreciate advice and info from you and a several other ladies on here.

-------------
http://daisypath.com" rel="nofollow">

NL----[SL]----APL----BSB----BSL

Closing in on APL!!!

Posted By: purpulicious01
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 2:36pm

Quoting for emphasis

I've witnessed many women, out of desperateness, become involved in unhealthy relationship(s) with no good men, just for the sake of being in a relationship.

-------------

Posted By: sistagal
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by purpulicious01 purpulicious01 wrote:

Quoting for emphasis

I've witnessed many women, out of desperateness, become involved in unhealthy relationship(s) with no good men, just for the sake of being in a relationship.

This is why I have to learn to like my own company & not be impatient with the wait. Desperation is not good at all

Posted By: Anah
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 2:55pm
I'm leaving it to destiny

-------------
#CHOGH

Posted By: bg
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 3:07pm
Wow.

i don't know if this thread is funny or depressing...

-------------
“Turn your face toward the sun and the shadows will fall behind you.” ~Maori Proverb~

Posted By: Marzgreen
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 5:06pm
27-29 

Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by tropical-punch tropical-punch wrote:

TP are u srs  about starting a family that late?Confused

-------------

Posted By: khivey
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 5:43pm

I'm not mad at that and at times I think this will be me as far as kids go because I really am enjoying life and having fun. There is so much in this world to see and do! When I think about having a family...something else pops up that  I want to do. Also, after living in Europe and being around others my age and older who are in relationships or single but have no kids and are enjoying traveling or their careers etc...you don't have the pressures. I'm ready but I'm not ready ready yet

-------------
Hair Type:3c/4a
Hair Length:SBL
“The approval of others often forms an essential part of our capacity to think we are right.”

Posted By: Nijjah25
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 5:51pm
I am 28 and I am not tripping...

I am more focused on my retirement than anything.

-------------
BIG NOSE .... BIG LIPS....
BUDDA BUP BUP BUHHHHH IM LOVING IT

Posted By: ImThatDiva
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 5:52pm
well I'm engaged now and I'm 22 do I guess panicking would be about getting pregnant too late

-------------
Mrs.ImThatModdlessDiva
TWERKIN' MY WAY DOWNTOWN
CARS DRIVE PAST
DRIVERS CRASH AND I'M LOWDOWN
-Midna

Posted By: babyk94
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 5:56pm

repost.

LMFAOOOO SmileSmileSmile bunnyahh never disappoints with her posts

Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 6:15pm
Chili had a million things on her list and she's pretty but she aint no spring chicken. Loosen up on the requirements list.

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Chili had a million things on her list and she's pretty but she aint no spring chicken. Loosen up on the requirements list.
umm hellooooo!!!
That was my thread.  My OP asked At What Age Will You Relax Your List?

99.9% of bhm said they aint changing or compromising on sh*t.  When in reality nobody's perfect & there will always be flaws in your mate.  But let them keep waiting on Mr Right while they pass up mr good enough cuz he is 2 inches too short & 5lbs over weight

@ babykWink

-------------

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by bg bg wrote:

Wow.

i don't know if this thread is funny or depressing...
A little of both.Dead

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR

Posted By: NailtechDC
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 6:36pm
depressing...because I'm at that age were everyone calls it quits.  I kind of feel like I didn't even really try now it's too late for me.   My career, love life, nothing has worked out for me.  

Posted By: kkscottdale
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by NailtechDC NailtechDC wrote:

depressing...because I'm at that age were everyone calls it quits.  I kind of feel like I didn't even really try now it's too late for me.   My career, love life, nothing has worked out for me.  

Hug

Posted By: Flowing-Ice
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 6:43pm
panic? 26. 
stop thinking about it? 30. 

-------------
And Jean Paul Gaultier and a Hermes bag and four inch tips made of ostrich ;Sharp enough to slit your wrists her lips spread gossip ;Won't say sorry when she offends

Posted By: pinkdiemond
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 7:48pm
pink was here

-------------
Janice 3:16 For Janice so loved the world she gave her only begotten hair that whoever believes in Her shall not perish but have everlasting virginity

Posted By: Meme0887
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 8:50pm
Never

When it happens it happens

I've never been much of a planner

-------------

Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 8:51pm
maaan, im 19, some days i think it would be nice to get married and maybe have kids, but i really dont like relationship responsibility...and i like to be able to up and go...so a constant companion would be great but idk about a commitment... but if I do decide to go that route married by 27 kids by 30. I only want like 2 anyways...

-------------
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/28mflg8.gif%5b/IMG]

Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 8:53pm
I feel like I should be panicking now.. but I'm not at all.. but I probably need to be

Posted By: ThatGurlD
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 8:57pm
I honestly thought I would be a career woman and having my first kid at 30.  LOL

For me it was more about the man than the age.  I'd rather marry an amazing man too young (like I did) than marry a jerk because I panicked.  

If I were single right now I think I'd be okay with that.  The type of guy I would be interested in in my 30s is completely different than my 20s.  It's the guy my husband has grown into.  I have some good friends who are in their 30s and single and fine with it.  Probably because they been there done that though.  

I do have a couple of friends also in their 30s who have never married.  They have the most exciting lives imo.

-------------
Valleys only exist between mountains. Stay down til you come up.

Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by pinkextra pinkextra wrote:

ConfusedConfused

I thought you were at least in your 30s!   But you do type like a youngsta sooo....

Carry on!  

No Shade! Wink

You sayin' I look old?
Ouch

Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

I feel like I should be panicking now.. but I'm not at all.. but I probably need to be

You're losing eggs as we speak.

Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 9:09pm
LOL When I saw your name as last post i smiled. I knew you were coming for me

It's cool though, you apparently look 35

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 9:10pm

Originally posted by pinkextra pinkextra wrote:

ConfusedConfused

Carry on!  

No Shade! Wink

You sayin' I look old?
Ouch

and that you're immature

-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B

Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 9:12pm
Cry

Posted By: Cream1970
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 9:25pm
I'm 42 and I'm not panicking bout ish.
Been married before, had two kids, 5 yrs apart , one son, one daughter and my daughter just turned 16

I would like to get remarried but it ain't pressing.

Got my own ish, all in my name, not one of those women that need to get married to get  a house, nice vehicle, etc.

-------------

Posted By: PurrPoZe
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 9:27pm
23 & the only thing I'm panicking about is my independence...maybe 30?

-------------
cool

Posted By: BoutThatLife
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 9:54pm
I would like to be married by my mid 30s I think

-------------
I AM THE AUTHOR OF MY OWN SCRIPT AND I PLAY BY MY RULES.

POSITIVITY + LOVE AND ALL GOOD THINGS SURROUND ME

Posted By: niecy
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

Been married before, had two kids, 5 yrs apart , one son, one daughter and my daughter just turned 16

Got my own ish, all in my name, not one of those women that need to get married to get  a house, nice vehicle, etc.

That's you in your siggy and avi? If so you's a youthful looking behind 42 year old! Go 'head girl!

Posted By: niecy
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 10:11pm
To answer the question I'm HOPING that I'm married or atleast engaged by the time I hit 30. If not then it's whatever.

Posted By: Cream1970
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by niecy niecy wrote:

Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

That's you in your siggy and avi? If so you's a youthful looking behind 42 year old! Go 'head girl!

That's me! thank you.

-------------

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 10:24pm
The thought of marriage makes me feel claustrophobic and I'm pretty sure I don't want kids, so this is a panic free zone.

Posted By: tropical-punch
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 11:02pm

TP are u srs  about starting a family that late?Confused
that's when I would start to worry.

Posted By: Gumdrop92
Date Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 11:15am

-------------
"A miracle is another name for hard work," -Kang Tae Joon 아름다운 그대에게
SL to BSL in 2012

Posted By: EasterBell
Date Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 11:18am
Panick is slowing approach as I get closer to 30

Date Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 11:22am

Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

umm hellooooo!!!
That was my thread.  My OP asked At What Age Will You Relax Your List?

99.9% of bhm said they aint changing or compromising on sh*t.  When in reality nobody's perfect & there will always be flaws in your mate.  But let them keep waiting on Mr Right while they pass up mr good enough cuz he is 2 inches too short & 5lbs over weight

@ babykWink

I'm mean if i'm going to be faking orgasms for the rest of my life I have to find the person attractive. just sayin

And men don't compromise. you think they are worried? My male cousins are in their 30s and males and they will turn down a woman on every little thing yet they both want to get married. 

If I don't find what I want I'll stay single. I see too many unhappy marriages around me to get into one. Settling is not an option. My list isn't that stringent anyways. 

-------------

Posted By: Afrocentchic
Date Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 11:33am
I don't know if I am panicking as much as I am aware that brothers are out here wasting my time.
I'm afraid of marriage as well though. As much as I would like to be married, I'm terrified of it.

-------------
For Black women as well as Black men, it is axiomatic that if we do not define ourselves for ourselves, we will be defined by others --for their use and to our detriment. - Audre Lord

Posted By: Hello! Tsuki
Date Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 11:42am
My list:

Kind
funny
cute and taller than me
18-25
in college or recently graduated
ambitious and successful/on the path toward success

yup. :]

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 12:23pm
I'll only panic when I lose my ambition to do better. Otherwise, things always seem to fall into place not always when i want it to but usually when i can appreciate it more.

-------------

Posted By: Gumdrop92
Date Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 12:45pm
I'm also afraid of marriage...I'm afraid I'll disappoint someone that loves me and not live up to their expectations.
That's why I'm not rushing to get married. But I'm still going to freak out around 35

-------------
"A miracle is another name for hard work," -Kang Tae Joon 아름다운 그대에게
SL to BSL in 2012

Posted By: goodm3
Date Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 3:52pm
I won't i'll panic until i'm 35.

Right now, i don't plan to have kids until im 36/37.

marriage is on the roadmap in the next 2 years...but even if we got married tomorrow......i still would wait on the kiddos.

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 4:51pm
25. Gave up. Don't see the point in panicking

Posted By: HeyBeautiful18
Date Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 4:55pm
I would say 30

-------------
#TeamTN
#CHOGH

Posted By: yaya24
Date Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 5:35pm
I'm 28 now..
By 32 if I'm not a Mrs.. I'll lose it.
j/k LOL

I am working on my personal/professional goals, so that keeps me busy.. so when it happens it happens.
Every now and then I get anxious though.

I haven't thought about kids much. I love them, but I need that first step out of the way before I even think about the babes.

-------------
iRep ♥ Naija
TexLAXED 1.25.13'
SL starting alllll the way over. Watch me work.
APL 2013

<

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 8:24pm

I don't think I want to have a child until I'm 30 so I am giving myself plenty of leeway.

as far as marriage...i flip flop very often between the idea of keeping it as life partner and actual marriage so there is no age for me.

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 8:29pm
marriage isn't a goal and it has never been.

-------------
God forgive me for my brash delivery
But I remember vividly what these streets did to me

Posted By: zolloh
Date Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 8:34pm
My panic hit at 28..and like indigestion, it went away

Print Page | Close Window