Print Page | Close Window

Would you go to HR on a friend

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=350811
Printed Date: Dec 12 2017 at 9:20am

Topic: Would you go to HR on a friend
Posted By: dawills2002
Subject: Would you go to HR on a friend
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 12:28am
I'm a work today and my friend was crying. I asked her what was up she said another coworker of ours reported her to HR. It was actually a guy that reported her. To make a long story short she had sex with this guy but nothing never came of it because she found out he had a girlfriend. She confronted him about the girlfriend and he lied about it. She stopped speaking to him and he stopped speaking to her. The only words they spoke after the fact were hi and that was when thet saw each other around work. She told him months ago that she is tired of the tension between them and if he had a problem with her then he should let her know. She said he had no problem and everything was cool. However he went to hr and told them she stares at him and makes him feel uncomfortable at work. He did not tell them about the sexual relationship they had. They called her down aned spoke with her about harrasment. She told them she does not stare at him or try to purposely make him uncomfortable. Now they are doing a investigation and she is scared she could lose her job. She didn't tell HR about their sexual relationship because she did not want hr to know her business like that. I feel he could have warned her before going to HR or spoke with her first. I honestly don't think she was doing anything that bad to were he would report her. But would you report a use to be friend to HR or would you go directly to that person? I feel he is being a coward and is reporting something but did not tell the other side of the story.

Replies:
Posted By: gabi03
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 12:31am
don't sh*t where you eat. 

Unless there is a violation of company policy to sleep with coworkers, she shouldn't be worrying. He seems bitter. 

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 12:34am
It seems kind of extreme that he went to HR out of the blue. Confused I don't know...

-------------
yo

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 12:34am
He's tryna get her fired.  He's uncomfortable with their past relationship and is tired of lookin' at her.  I'm not sure what i'd do but I prolly would at least let HR know of our past relationship.  U not gone get me fired that easy.  If I gotta go, u gotta go.

-------------
Chris and Koochie split! - Mrshairdo

Sometimes when sh*t happens...you say fucc - Cyndi Lauper

let's look death in the face and say "whatever man". -Hurley.

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 12:35am
/these niccas be actin up, and these ho's be lettin' em'/

dang--who would have thought this song would be applicable to so many situations? i might use it in class tomorrow

-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 12:35am
I don't know what to tell her. The situation is messed up but this could get serious because my job does not take harrasment lightly. My other friend told her to tell hr about their sexual relationship and it will change everything. But its her word against his and if she has no proof then she's screwed.

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 12:37am
she should tell hr that they both smanged

sh*t, if you are about to push me out im taking bodies with me gawddamnit!!

-------------
I just can't stand the negro british midget. He brings out the worst in me.....

I sometimes think AfroK is gay and either doesn't know it or won't admit to it..

Posted By: Lady ICE
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

He's tryna get her fired.  He's uncomfortable with their past relationship and is tired of lookin' at her.  I'm not sure what i'd do but I prolly would at least let HR know of our past relationship.  U not gone get me fired that easy.  If I gotta go, u gotta go.
this all day.

-------------

oh sh*t, its dawills, i forgot..

carry on!

-------------

I sometimes think AfroK is gay and either doesn't know it or won't admit to it..

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 12:40am
I feel he knew exactly what he was doing and he has an agenda. But he lied to her then stopped speaking to her. I guess maybe he was mad because he got busted lying about his main..typical man..smdh

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 12:43am
I just hope they don't call me down because I have had enough problems at work. I will just tell them I never saw her behave that way and keep it movin.. I would prefer to stay out of it..but she is a nice girl and I would hate to see her lose her job. I don't think it will go that far because its hearsay. She said she will sue for defamation if she has to.

Posted By: starflower7
I'm pretty confident he would need some type of proof or evidence or something to get her fired or anything. 

I know for a fact I would have made sure the gf would have found about me the day I found out about her. Because I'm spiteful like that. But I guess she can't prove it now. Oh well. 

-------------
"I give to the needy...and not the greedy!"

"Mm hm that's right!"

lol

-------------
yo

Posted By: niecy
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 12:44am
He didn't have to go that far. That's why you don't mix business with pleasure though. She probably should've left things at that after they did have sex instead of telling him she was tired of the tension between them. More than likely he wanted it to be sex and only sex and he probably felt like she was trying to make more out of it than need be. Still no excuse for him to take it as far as going to HR and potentially having her risk losing her job.

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 12:45am
She can't possibly be a crazy bytch. I would have left his life in shambles. LOL

-------------

"Mm hm that's right!"

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 12:56am
Originally posted by niecy niecy wrote:

He didn't have to go that far. That's why you don't mix business with pleasure though. She probably should've left things at that after they did have sex instead of telling him she was tired of the tension between them. More than likely he wanted it to be sex and only sex and he probably felt like she was trying to make more out of it than need be. Still no excuse for him to take it as far as going to HR and potentially having her risk losing her job.

I agree..you think you can trust someone but you can't. Its so strange too because we were all just standing around talking and laughing a couple weeks ago. He didn't see uncomfortable at all and he told all of us including her to come to where he sits to look at pictures of his new nephew. We were looking at the pictures and my friend didn't say much..all she said was the baby was the baby was cute and we all walked away. I thought it was strange that they still spoke considering how he played her. But she told me she ain't about to be bitter because she learned her lesson. Which is to never sleep with a man that you know nothing about. She even said she got played because she didn't truly think before she acted and she was moving past it. So if we were all just talking and laughing 2 weeks ago..why in the hell did he report her? I'm confused as hell by his actions.

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 12:58am
It's already been said, but dude is trying to get her fired! Tell her to play it cool and tell her to keep avoiding the bastard. No use in this crap friendship to continue in any way. No more hellos and whatnot!

Be strangers and don't even speak of each other!

-------------

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:00am
the correct title is: would you go to HR to get rid of the person u fvcked at work bc it is awkward and weird?

he is not her friend.  women need to know the difference and stop screwing people who are not their friends and do not care about them.

-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:04am
Also, maybe it's just me but I'm wondering if there is more to the story that she isn't telling you about that would've made him go to HR.

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:05am

Also, maybe it's just me but I'm wondering if there is more to the story that she isn't telling you about that would've made him go to HR.

Are you serious? Niccas ain't shyt, end of story.

I was wondering if OP was the woman he went to HR on. Geek She likes to dabble around at work, from what I can recall.

-------------

"Mm hm that's right!"

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:08am
I feel bad for her because her husband who was in the military went over to germany for 6 months and came back to the states talkin about he wants a divorce. He met some woman and left her ass. She has only been legally divorced for about 6 months. She then met this guy at work and he flirted with her like there was no tomorrow. I use to see him do it and she fell for it. Probably because she was vunerable or depressed. Now she has to go through this bs. Maybe on Friday I will take her out for a drink after work..poor thing

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:09am
Originally posted by dawills2002 dawills2002 wrote:

I feel bad for her because her husband who was in the military went over to germany for 6 months and came back to the states talkin about he wants a divorce. He met some woman and left her ass. She has only been legally divorced for about 6 months. She then met this guy at worked and he flirted with her like there was no tomorow. I use to see him do it and she feel for it. Probably because she was vunerable or depressed. Now she has to go through this bs. Maybe on Friday I will take her out for a drink after work..poor thing

Wow that's a shame. And she didn't even know he had a gf. 

-------------

"Mm hm that's right!"

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:11am
Originally posted by starflower7 starflower7 wrote:

I was wondering if OP was the woman he went to HR on. Geek She likes to dabble around at work, from what I can recall.

Like I said I was just wondering...Not like it ain't possible anyway.

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:11am
This is weird because if the situation was reversed and she went to HR. I would believe her completely. No question about it, but since this is a guy, I'm like why would he do something like that? He must be lying.

But I rarely hear stories about guys going to HR and complaining about a female coworkers so I'm like maybe he's telling the truth? Maybe she was staring at him and making him feel uncomfortable. I don't know.

-------------
yo

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:12am
How can he prove she's been staring at him, though? That just sounds so petty and stupid. 

-------------

"Mm hm that's right!"

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:14am
The same can be said about women who say men sexually harassed them. There is no proof, but it happens. 

-------------
yo

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:15am
Are you the friend?

You can tell us......we won't judge you.

-------------
When I read some of the post on BHM.

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:17am

sorry babe..I have had my share of problems but this ain't one of them. You should read the rest of my responses. I'm talking about a friend of mine at work who recently got divorced. I have never been married. Also if he would have pulled this mess on me I would of got to talking and turned the tables on his ass. Those of you who remember me dawills2002. Should know I'm crazy enough to get revenge and tell everything I know. By the time I was done I would have hr firing him for reporting false claims

Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:18am
go home roger

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:20am
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

The same can be said about women who say men sexually harassed them. There is no proof, but it happens. 

I know that but it's not like she even said anything to him. "She's staring at me." Really? Are we supposed to watch her eyes now to make sure she doesn't stare at you? This just sounds very ridiculous to me. 

-------------

"Mm hm that's right!"

lmao now I remember!! hahahaaa

-------------
yo

Bye Felicia.

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:23am

I know that but it's not like she even said anything to him. "She's staring at me." Really? Are we supposed to watch her eyes now to make sure she doesn't stare at you? This just sounds very ridiculous to me. 

You ever had a guy just stare at you with a certain look and you know he's thinking dirty sexual thoughts? Maybe that's what he saw LOL

-------------
yo

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:24am

You ever had a guy just stare at you with a certain look and you know he's thinking dirty sexual thoughts? Maybe that's what he saw LOL

No Ouch

-------------

"Mm hm that's right!"

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:36am

Its funny to me that my old topics are being reposted. This is a new situation with a new person who I have been friends with for a while. I tend to meet people at work because I'm always at work sometimes 7 days a week. This is my life and these are real situations I go through. I understand that some of you don't get me or what I go through but no one is perfect including any of you on bhm. Some of you talk like you have never made a mistake in your life or used bad judgement. To waste your time and search old posts is crazy to me. But what keeps the laughs coming..keep searching I'm quite sure you will find something else and repost it so that you can make out to be something I'm not..some of you call me silly but your just as silly as you claim I am.

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:38am
http://forum2.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=333458&PN=1&title=please-helpim-so-confused-and-angry" rel="nofollow - http://forum2.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=333458&PN=1&title=please-helpim-so-confused-and-angry

-------------

Posted By: sbrownie84
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:39am
oh no afro

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:40am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

http://forum2.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=333458&PN=1&title=please-helpim-so-confused-and-angry" rel="nofollow - http://forum2.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=333458&PN=1&title=please-helpim-so-confused-and-angry

LOL Damn Jeezy!

NVM I just read the link and it may be relevant, damn shame.

-------------

"Mm hm that's right!"

Posted By: sbrownie84
stalker

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:43am

NVM I just read the link and it may be relevant, damn shame.

Exactly why I will never get caught up in the rapture known as BHM by puttin' my bidness out

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:43am
Now I have to read that entire thread, eh well, I may as well wash my hair first.

-------------

"Mm hm that's right!"

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:44am

LOL Damn Jeezy!

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:44am

The past never dies on BHM. We are forced to relive it again and again

Exactly why I will never get caught up in the rapture known as BHM by puttin' my bidness out

I think that's what you meant to quote before the edit lol.

-------------

"Mm hm that's right!"

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:46am
I'm mad I'm sittin' here reading through this thread instead of taking my behind to bed like I'm supposed to

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:47am
I was in that thread caping and sh*t LOL hahahahaa

-------------
yo

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 3:15am

-------------

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 3:21am
snap.  I forgot about that.

-------------
Chris and Koochie split! - Mrshairdo

Sometimes when sh*t happens...you say fucc - Cyndi Lauper

let's look death in the face and say "whatever man". -Hurley.

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 3:29am

I'm sorry some of you feel that I am dumb and have no common sense. I can only tell so much of my life on bhm and sometimes based on what I write people have formed their own opinions of me. I just turned 28 years old last week and I'm still trying to figure things out. I have one real relationship that lasted 10 years. I have never dated anyone else and don't have much experience. I am still learning about men and what to look out for. So excuse me if I am not as smart as some of you.

I actually like this post of hers. People are so judgmental.

-------------

"Mm hm that's right!"

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 3:32am

I plan to move on and like I said I won't say anything else to the guy at my job about it. But I am dissapointed because I really like him and I would rather us be friends then nothing at all. It hurts my feelings that he is ignoring me because I thought we were better then that. But I know I have always been nice and a good friend to him. I look at it as his loss. But I do feel if you have a problem with someone you should tell them instead of ignoring them. I'm not a mind reader and would like the chance to say sorry if I offened him. At this point I don't know what I would be saying sorry for. I guess if he can't talk to me then I was never his friend anyway.

Awwww

CryCryCry

-------------

"Mm hm that's right!"

Posted By: Momeijheii
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 3:33am
Well damn. That didn't take long, did it?

-------------
Chubby chicken bringing the ruckus. It's tha killa called Momehjijijijijiji

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 3:34am
Messing around with people at your job is never a good idea.

Posted By: Harmonii
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 5:28am

she should tell hr that they both smanged

sh*t, if you are about to push me out im taking bodies with me gawddamnit!!

This..he wouldn't be messing with my livelihood

Posted By: khivey
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 6:16am
Yep, he wants to get her fired. Depending on whether or not he has a better relationship with some of the people in HR, he will definitely have an upper hand in the situation.

This one dude had told me that a chick from his job he used to mess with was causing unnecessary drama and doing little things because they didn't work out. So he confronted her and told her that she could either keep acting that way and get fired because he has a better relationship with HR than she does or she could grow up and be professional and still have her job. She changed her attitude up quick. He had no more issues with her.

So, either your friend is doing little things and he skipped the warning part or like someone else said..he is uncomfortable with the situation and is sick of looking at her.

She needs to let HR know all of the business and hopefully she has learned her lesson about messing with co-workers

-------------
Hair Type:3c/4a
Hair Length:SBL
“The approval of others often forms an essential part of our capacity to think we are right.”

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 6:25am
theyre not friends and he played by work rules.  she made the mistake of not talking to him afterward (at least keep it cordial) which probably led him to believe that she would report him, so he reported her first. classic move, she shouldve known better.

Posted By: JamCaygirl
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 6:29am
seriously, don't sh*t where you eat.... take care of your money

-------------
Out of many, one people.....
Happy 50th JAMAICA!

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 6:30am
U people are so silly..trying to find old posts and trying to make me out to be a liar. Yes I had a similar situation with a guy at my job but this is a different situation with 2 different people. And besides the guy I had a problem with doesn't even work at my job anymore. Smdh at some of you people. You can't even come on here and write about something without being accused of being a liiar. Why in the hell would I make this up. Any other situation I have ever had I told you all it was me. I'm not ashamed and gives no about telling you people things that have happened to me. Why would I start lying now?

Posted By: BoutThatLife
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 7:16am
Ol girl should start telling everything she knows.dig up old texts, print out Facebook messages. Say they had a sexual relationship, she ended it after finding out about his relationship and now he's out to get her

-------------
I AM THE AUTHOR OF MY OWN SCRIPT AND I PLAY BY MY RULES.

POSITIVITY + LOVE AND ALL GOOD THINGS SURROUND ME

Posted By: Afrocentchic
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 8:45am
Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

this all day.
Exactly and she doesn't have to go into great detail. She can simply say briefly engaged in a non business relationship that extended outside of the workplace. She should mention that she ended the relationship and there has been tension ever since. 

She may can provide texts or emails to support this info if she so chooses. (hopefully require them and hopefully they won't be company emails as that could add insult to injury.)

-------------
For Black women as well as Black men, it is axiomatic that if we do not define ourselves for ourselves, we will be defined by others --for their use and to our detriment. - Audre Lord

Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 9:19am
What exactly was he looking to gain by lying on her?

Posted By: BrownQtee
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 10:03am

Cry

Posted By: keelolo1
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 10:37am
She shouldve kept it G and let well enough alone. Who cares if there is tension if yall not bangin no more.

Posted By: Faithfully2002
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 11:05am
No, I wouldnt report an ex friend/fling to HR. He probally feels like she played him or something like that. This is one of the reasons why people shouldnt mix business with pleasure.

-------------

Posted By: Tbaby
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 12:16pm
da wills I always love reading your posts.  So entertaining!

Yep, "your friend" needs to go to HR with dirt on him.  If "she" is going down "she" needs to drag his rear down, too.
  Seriously tho, since when is staring considered harassment?  There's got to be more here going on...

IA w/ the others--never mix business with pleasure.

-------------
Everyone has a role in life. We all can't be CEO's somebody gotta take the orders at Mickey D's & the KFC's -Jewelsync

Posted By: freedom76
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 12:23pm
I would tell that we had a relationship prior to all of this (unless there are rules against fraternization). I would give HR the whole entire story. HR isn't allowed to spread your business. If they do, then I smell lawsuit. I would tell how she tried to ease the tension, and when. Then I would start taking notes on any interaction they have in the future. 

-------------
I find women that encourage double standards on other women disgusting./femmefatale85

Posted By: Spokenword
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 12:29pm
Either he is being spiteful and trying to get her fired or there is more to the story that you don't know. nevertheless, tell her that she might as well go ahead and give the full story of their past so that way HR can make some sort of connection. No need to keep it a secret when your job is on the line.

Posted By: goodm3
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by Afrocentchic Afrocentchic wrote:

Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

this all day.
Exactly and she doesn't have to go into great detail. She can simply say briefly engaged in a non business relationship that extended outside of the workplace. She should mention that she ended the relationship and there has been tension ever since. 

She may can provide texts or emails to support this info if she so chooses. (hopefully require them and hopefully they won't be company emails as that could add insult to injury.)

yup! and im sure some of those emails are via work email. 

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by freedom76 freedom76 wrote:

I would tell that we had a relationship prior to all of this (unless there are rules against fraternization). I would give HR the whole entire story. HR isn't allowed to spread your business. If they do, then I smell lawsuit. I would tell how she tried to ease the tension, and when. Then I would start taking notes on any interaction they have in the future. 

good advice

and someone needs to make a spin off about dating coworkers and adventures /drama that ensued.

-------------

PEACE

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

good advice

and someone needs to make a spin off about dating coworkers and adventures /drama that ensued.
you married yours

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:43pm

good advice

you married yours

I told you me and Purp was the same person....cause I did too.LOL

-------------
I find women that encourage double standards on other women disgusting./femmefatale85

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:44pm
That makes 3 of us.....LOL

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

LOL Bad, Bad girls!

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 2:05pm

you married yours

Boar-ring!
nobody wanna hear that mess. LOL

-------------

PEACE

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 2:08pm

you married yours

I told you me and Purp was the same person....cause I did too.LOL

Beer

-------------

PEACE

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Beer

but yeah, nobody got time for thatLOL. We only want to hear (believe) the scenarios where one party circulated nudes of the other at the weekly staff meeting.

Go.LOL

-------------

PEACE

Posted By: lexis83
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 2:27pm
Sandra, u married?! That I
didn't know.

Posted By: lexis83
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 2:29pm
I believe we've had that thread before though. It was funny and fairly recent too. Afro back me up on this please?

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by lexis83 lexis83 wrote:

I believe we've had that thread before though. It was funny and fairly recent too. Afro back me up on this please?
yes ..

and i

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 3:46pm
but you had a good experience too, right Afro?

-------------

PEACE

Print Page | Close Window