Print Page | Close Window

Anybody watching Catfish?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=350806
Printed Date: Nov 21 2017 at 11:37pm

Topic: Anybody watching Catfish?
Posted By: Midna
Subject: Anybody watching Catfish?
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:17pm
This show is a HOT MESS! So the show premiered tonight on MTV and I decided to watch it and I am blown away by what the hell went on in this episode.

Basically this lovely nursing student lady named Sunny,

Fell in love with this lovely man named RJ King.

According to Sunny, this guy is a writer for Chelsea Lately, a model, and is taking online classes to be an anesthesiologist.

According to her, he also has three sisters who unfortunately died in a car accident. RJ and Sunny have "been dating" for eight months. She is madly in love with him, they chat online for hours at a time, they discuss heavy stuff like getting married and making babies, and it is clear this woman is just smitten with the guy.

So the dudes who do the show want to help Sunny meet RJ and do a little research on RJ. They call Chelsea Lately to see if that was legit and nobody on the show ever heard of the dude! The online anesthesiology course thing was clearly bullsh*t, and they looked up RJ and according to his info, his three sisters are very much alive.

So they call RJ from another phone, and the voice that answers is the voice of what sounds like a young male in puberty still waiting for his voice to drop. They arrange a meeting and the two men take Sunny to finally meet the famed RJ!

Out of the house pops this:

An 18 year old fat woman named Andrea or something, I already forgot her name. Sunny is of course, shocked. The girl was being a total douche about it though and basically was not apologetic at all and even tried blaming Sunny herself merely for initiating the friendship. According to the girl, she began this account as a means of getting revenge on somebody else for sending her rude messages. Confused But she took it so far that she basically began a double life living as this guy online and was doing this fakelationship crap with lots of other women! She denied being gay and claimed she got no stimulation from this other than comfort. Dead

They later worked it out with the help of the show's two hosts.

This show is something. I will be tuning in next week. LOL Next week's episode features a black woman in love with a sexy black male. I wonder who will be behind the photo. Dead

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: dejee
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:19pm
Just finished watching. I saw the last 35 mins or so. As soon as I heard the voice on the phone I KNEW it was a chick. 

Posted By: Anah
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:23pm
ROTFL 
PUH-THET-ICK
Sleepy

-------------
#CHOGH

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:23pm
White drama? Meh

ETA: This sounds like a copycat of another story

Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

White drama? Meh

Next week a black stripper chick is on there. She meets a black dude online that says he's a stripper and they are "dating". She gets to see if he is who he really says he is on the show.

Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by Anah Anah wrote:

ROTFL 
PUH-THET-ICK
Sleepy

RIGHT?! Ooh jeeeeeebus!

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

White drama? Meh

ETA: This sounds like a copycat of another story

Girl, this is real life. People be crazy on the internet!
The reason why this Catfish show was made was because after the movie/documentary was such a huge hit, the man it was about got such a huge outpour of people messaging him about how they've gone through the same or similar events when it came to online love and friendships!

-------------

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:32pm
That white chick was stupid.
I'm mad she believed "dude" was takin' online classes to become a Dr.

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:38pm
Oooooooo @ Midna

Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

LOL

Her dumb azz screwed her sister over for this dude too

Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Right? As soon as I heard that, I was like

This nursing student cannot be that gullible!

-------------

Posted By: tasty0619
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:41pm
lmaooo yes! That sh*t was bananas. And in 2012 errrrrybody got a webcam so why we can't skype? No...just, just no.

The sh*t that really killed me was her saying they should still be friends after all of that.

-------------
Visit my accessory store to view my handmade designs!! www.etsy.com/shop/modishness

Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:42pm
Don't a lot of people on BHM have online relationships?

Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by femmefatale85 femmefatale85 wrote:

Don't a lot of people on BHM have online relationships?

I suppose, but I don't believe the show is meant to belittle those in online friendships and love, but tells the tale of people insecure enough to fake their online identity and trick others to boost their ego. Dead

-------------

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:46pm
Didn't watch the show but the movie was crazyyyyyyy! I would kill that white tramp if she deceived me like that. 

-------------
yo

Posted By: Limalady
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:48pm
Loved it! The girl turned out to be a lesbian though. She admitted that she was attracted to the girl.

Posted By: iGotSunshine
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:50pm
Lmaoooo. People that do this get what they deserve. I mean damn y'all couldn't Skype or FaceTime? sh*t send proof pics

Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

Loved it! The girl turned out to be a lesbian though. She admitted that she was attracted to the girl.

LAWWWWWWWWWWWWD

-------------

Posted By: Miss SDY
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

This show is a HOT MESS! So the show premiered tonight on MTV and I decided to watch it and I am blown away by what the hell went on in this episode.

According to Sunny, this guy is a writer for Chelsea Lately, a model, and is taking online classes to be an anesthesiologist.

-------------
http://daisypath.com" rel="nofollow">

NL----[SL]----APL----BSB----BSL

Closing in on APL!!!

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 12:45am
LMFAO....goddddddd I love this show. This sh*t is so weird. 

-------------
yo

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:50am
*stomps feet and claps hands rhythmically* THE SH*T IS BANANAS!! B-A-N-A-N-A-S!!

-------------
Chris and Koochie split! - Mrshairdo

Sometimes when sh*t happens...you say fucc - Cyndi Lauper

let's look death in the face and say "whatever man". -Hurley.

Posted By: **Sk!TtLeS B**
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:52am
.........why didnt they just skype, or facetime, or something?? Bitch got got, and it's only her fault. The other girl was fcked up for what she did, but the blonde girl cant blame anyone but herself. 

-------------
Im making a political statement every time I make my ass clap - Ru Paul

Posted By: JamCaygirl
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 6:21am
I turned it off after I heard "RJ's" voice.... how dumb would you need to be to hear that voice and think its a man?

-------------
Out of many, one people.....
Happy 50th JAMAICA!

Posted By: BoutThatLife
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 7:51am
This just goes to show how dumb people can be. I've chatted with men online, sent them fake pics and information and got shoes and jewelry sent to me. And they didn't even know my true identity!

-------------
I AM THE AUTHOR OF MY OWN SCRIPT AND I PLAY BY MY RULES.

POSITIVITY + LOVE AND ALL GOOD THINGS SURROUND ME

Posted By: keelolo1
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 8:10am
I cant wait for next weeks episode

Posted By: James Avery
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 8:40am
i'm gonna have to tune in next time its on. seems like a pretty funny show. wish it was around when i finally got to meet the bad azz yella.

-------------
God bless

Posted By: bindy
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 10:02am
RJ looks gay....

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 10:03am
I was dying last night.lol

I love this show already

-------------
Never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant

Posted By: DWeird
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 10:48am
I see how it can happen.  I'm not into webcam and I don't like sending pictures either really. If I meet someone online, oh well they're just gonna have to trust me until we meet in person.  To me the other details were more telling than that though. The funny thing was, it was like none of it even seemed strange to her. She is naive af. 

-------------
Enter to win a trip for two to Fiji Ends 8/8/15 https://www.facebook.com/pages/Advanced-Water-Solutions/1000918369934558?sk=app_474477662635277&ref=page_internal

Posted By: missdeeluxe
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 11:01am
I'm hooked lol.
My bet was on either lesbian or 10 year old boy as soon as they called "him" LOL

I'm surprised the girl pretending to be RJ agreed to meeting up with em.

Posted By: LilMissSunshine
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 11:47am
There is a movie called Catfish, that I think the show is based off. This guy gets some art work from an 8 year old girl. He is impressed. The girl has an older sister who he befriends on facebook, and they start a relationship. The story begins to unravel when the girl sends him audio clips of her singing, and he discovers it stolen from youtube. He questions girls about it. He goes to meet the girl, her mom, and the older sister, and discover that the mom has been making the payments, and the girl is real, but the older sister is fake.

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Oct 09 2013 at 1:46pm
http://www.alluc.to/tv-shows/watch-catfish-the-tv-show-2012-online/season-02/episode-15/511175.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.alluc.to/tv-shows/watch-catfish-the-tv-show-2012-online/season-02/episode-15/511175.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFFbIOA5g9I" rel="nofollow -

-

Print Page | Close Window