Print Page | Close Window

Circumcision--how many of you had it done?..

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=350805
Printed Date: Oct 21 2018 at 3:04pm

Topic: Circumcision--how many of you had it done?..
Posted By: mcelweewife
Subject: Circumcision--how many of you had it done?..
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:10pm
for your sons?
I am pretty sure we are going to do it, but my doula sent me a vid that made me emotional;
http://www.circumcision.org/index.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.circumcision.org/index.html

I don't wanna see my son screaming in agony but I don't want him to go through life with an ugly penis.
I goggled uncircumcised penises and I am repulsed. I know there are health benefits to having it done and I assumed since God had the Israelites do it, it was for a good reason that went beyond the cosmetic.

How many of you have adult sons who are not circumcised? Do they resent it?
How about those of you with circumcised sons? Do they resent you for putting them through that as babies?

Please share your thoughts.

Replies:
Posted By: Flowing-Ice
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:11pm
lol. i need to go to bed.
i thought you were asking a board full of women how many of us are circumcised. 

-------------
And Jean Paul Gaultier and a Hermes bag and four inch tips made of ostrich ;Sharp enough to slit your wrists her lips spread gossip ;Won't say sorry when she offends

Posted By: nycdiva357
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:16pm
anteater penises are hideous.

i dont even wanna recall my encounters w/ one.

dont set him up!!!
his penis may end up being the penis that gives females nightmares in the future.

-------------
He follows what I'm saying.. I aint gotta twitter shyt.

Posted By: exoticmami06
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by mcelweewife mcelweewife wrote:

for your sons?
I am pretty sure we are going to do it, but my doula sent me a vid that made me emotional;
http://www.circumcision.org/index.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.circumcision.org/index.html

I don't wanna see my son screaming in agony but I don't want him to go through life with an ugly penis.
I goggled uncircumcised penises and I am repulsed. I know there are health benefits to having it done and I assumed since God had the Israelites do it, it was for a good reason that went beyond the cosmetic.

How about those of you with circumcised sons? Do they resent you for putting them through that as babies?

LOLCry

Personally, I'm going to wait until my baby is older and he can make his own decision as to whether he wants to or not. It seems so painful Cry

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by exoticmami06 exoticmami06 wrote:

for your sons?

LOLCry

Personally, I'm going to wait until my baby is older and he can make his own decision as to whether he wants to or not. It seems so painful Cry

I actually thought about doing this. But what MAN in his RIGHT mind would voluntarily do that?

Posted By: FarraFace
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:24pm
I had my son circ'd.

Newborns scream. For every damn thing.

That pain is felt no differently than hunger, wet diaper, too cold/hot.

It will heal and be forgotten in a few days. He still gone scream tho, about something.

-------------

Posted By: laceyfront
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by Flowing-Ice Flowing-Ice wrote:

lol. i need to go to bed.
i thought you were asking a board full of women how many of us are circumcised. 
  Yup I just came in here to say something snarky.......guess i'll leave

Posted By: ImThatDiva
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:29pm
If I have a boy or boys, they're getting cut...They'll be fine...

-------------
Mrs.ImThatModdlessDiva
TWERKIN' MY WAY DOWNTOWN
CARS DRIVE PAST
DRIVERS CRASH AND I'M LOWDOWN
-Midna

Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:30pm
get him cut...he'll be okay...if anything just ask for them not to do it with you there...

-------------
Mrs.ImThatModdlessDiva
TWERKIN' MY WAY DOWNTOWN
CARS DRIVE PAST
-Midna

Posted By: EPITOME
my first was not circumcised. tbh since it was my first encounter with a penis, i never knew until he told me. he was taught to clean his penisLOL

-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B

Posted By: PRnena
Uncircumsised dick was and still is the best dick I've ever/will ever have

-------------
I keep forgetting everyone on BHM is a 10 with a faithful man and nothing but designer in their closet.

11 months since BC- 1/24/12

( I use BHM on my phone guys)

Posted By: Midwest_Da_Gawd
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:31pm
*barges into thread swangin' circumcised penis* Cool

-------------
I'm fed up! *flips table*

Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:31pm
i dont understand all this ugly penis talk. u do know when it's hard....that it all looks the same right? skin pulls back. and sexually it's more to play with.

-------------

Posted By: Anah
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:34pm
I personally don't think aesthetics is a good enough reason to subject your son to that pain. 
There is tons of literature out there that debunks the whole "health benefit" reason to do it. So I guess there is no "good" reason to do except for aesthetics.

Some insurance companies don't even cover it anymore and as we all know what is aesthetically pleasing is in the eye of the beholder.

You mention the Israelite's, were they not of age when they made that decision? I believe it should be left up to the male who owns said penis.

Oh yeah... I have no kids. And I think its hailarious how this topic pops up every few months or soLOL

-------------
#CHOGH

Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

i dont understand all this ugly penis talk. u do know when it's hard....that it all looks the same right? skin pulls back. and sexually it's more to play with.

it does not mam.LOL

i prefer the look of an nicely cut wee wee.

-------------

Posted By: sweet_n_stuff04
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:39pm
My son is circumcised. I wasn't in the room to see it. I was asleep and they brought him in a said, "He got his circumcision this morning." He was asleep. It looked so painful Cry, but it healed in a little over a week.

-------------
(√-1) (2^3) (Σ ) (π)...and it was good!

Fact: If you eat something and nobody sees you eat it - it has no calories.

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:52pm
Ew uncircumcised peen. Yuck. I couldn't imagine giving head to it. Yuckooooooo.

-------------
yo

Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:53pm
*sighs for 20 seconds*
MDG, if you don't mind sharing, do you notice an odor? My brother when he was a baby would have the nastiest odor when I pulled the skin back to clean it and it was moist. Myself or my mom bathed him everyday and it NEEDED it by the time 24 hours had passed. My husband just smells sweaty in between showers, nothing like what my brother had going on.

I did read that half of all male babies born do not have this done to them.--and yes a lot of docs no longer do it. Yes the Israelites were adults, but baby boys had it done to them back then too. I am honestly not clear on why God advised this--I just assumed He had a good reason.

Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:59pm

*sighs for 20 seconds*
MDG, if you don't mind sharing, do you notice an odor? My brother when he was a baby would have the nastiest odor when I pulled the skin back to clean it and it was moist. Myself or my mom bathed him everyday and it NEEDED it by the time 24 hours had passed. My husband just smells sweaty in between showers, nothing like what my brother had going on.

I did read that half of all male babies born do not have this done to them.--and yes a lot of docs no longer do it. Yes the Israelites were adults, but baby boys had it done to them back then too. I am honestly not clear on why God advised this--I just assumed He had a good reason.

i never smelled anything with my ex. everyone sweats and can smell musty in between showers.  i once asked him and he said "my mother is a nurse. she taught me how to clean myself. it's not that hard."  he said you pull back the skin and clean.

i assume it's not different than cleaning your clitoral hood tbh.

idk anything about the bold.

-------------

Posted By: Eden.
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 12:01am
my mom chose not to do it to my bro, then when he was around 4 or so he had to get it circumcised because the opening of the foreskin was to lil and was making it difficult for him to pee. don't know if this is common tbh.

i hear a lot about the odor also.

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 12:04am
i remember when my bro had his done...i dont remember him being in a lot of pain. i just remember his underwear were bloody. ugh..

that being said. i would've had it done for my son but it was way too expensive...

-------------

Posted By: naturesgift
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 12:10am
I no longer think its a good idea! I dont have a son! but when I do I feel the choice should be up to him. SO NO I WONT CUT HIM! I think its a myth that its unclean... if you teach them how to clean it then it will stay clean!
The more I learn about FMG! which is the female version of circumision in other parts of the world the more, I believe cutting childrens privates is wrong...Ouch many of the beliefs surounding FMG include- myths such as women {being unclean} or {God demanding it} and the myths are just untrue leaving many women with a lifetime of pain and mutilation. Who is to say just because this is our tradition that male circumsion is not along the same lines what if them men are missing somethig because of it...

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 12:27am
It is just like a clitoris. When u pull back the skin its BRIGHT pink lol.

Yall needs to stop being prudes

I shall not be circumsising (sp?) My sons. But I hope to have girls

-------------
I keep forgetting everyone on BHM is a 10 with a faithful man and nothing but designer in their closet.

Posted By: ScorpioLuv
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 12:28am
I would circumcise my son. I wouldn't even date another uncut man. Many don't know how to clean themselves and smegma stinks. I shouldn't be able to smell when u have a hard on

-------------
Sons of bitches,smh

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 12:48am
Originally posted by ScorpioLuv ScorpioLuv wrote:

I would circumcise my son. I wouldn't even date another uncut man. Many don't know how to clean themselves and smegma stinks. I shouldn't be able to smell when u have a hard on

ewww...i aint eva smelled thatDead

maybe i should send my ex's mom a "thanks for teaching your son how to wash his d!ck" card

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 12:54am
What is smegma?
By the way I just messaged my brother's wife and she said she was scared when she 1st saw it, she admitted it was ugly and she said it didn't smell. She also said if their next child is a boy she wouldn't have it done. If my husband wasn't circumscribed I would feel more comfortable skipping it.

If I knew for a fact that Jesus is coming back before my child gets married I wouldn't have it done.
Judge me, but that's the truth. I don't want his wife to be repulsed by him.

I love my husband more than I can say, but if he was not circumcised there are a lot of things I would refuse to do and I will leave it at that. I don't want my son to go through that.

I am still talking to friends who have little boys and I am getting a pretty mixed response, which surprises me. I was not aware until recently how many people are opting out of having this done for their newborns. I will come back and let you all know what my final decision is when the time comes.
He is due in 5 weeks so I still have some time to pray about this and do more research. I didn't give it a 2nd thought until my doula sent me that darn link Disapprove

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:01am

Originally posted by ScorpioLuv ScorpioLuv wrote:

ewww...i aint eva smelled thatDead

maybe i should send my ex's mom a "thanks for teaching your son how to wash his d!ck" card

LOL

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:07am
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

I no longer think its a good idea! I dont have a son! but when I do I feel the choice should be up to him. SO NO I WONT CUT HIM! I think its a myth that its unclean... if you teach them how to clean it then it will stay clean!
The more I learn about FMG! which is the female version of circumision in other parts of the world the more, I believe cutting childrens privates is wrong...Ouch many of the beliefs surounding FMG include- myths such as women {being unclean} or {God demanding it} and the myths are just untrue leaving many women with a lifetime of pain and mutilation. Who is to say just because this is our tradition that male circumsion is not along the same lines what if them men are missing somethig because of it...
Are you comparing the two? Because they aren't in the same realms...

-------------
Mrs.ImThatModdlessDiva
TWERKIN' MY WAY DOWNTOWN
CARS DRIVE PAST
-Midna

Posted By: MizzAmirah
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:19am
My sons will be. I watched one done in nursing school. Poor baby. CryCry

ETA: I've unfortunately seen many uncirmcised penises (not by choice, but from work), and yeah, I'd rather have to deal with the cut ones....they're typically cleaner, and easier to put a foley in lol!

-------------

Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:20am
im a member of the pull back club

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:21am
I have touched a few.
They actually aren't that bad. 

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:24am
Never seen a dack from #teampullitback in person before.

I don't know if I would have it done or not. I'll think about it if the occasion comes up in the future.

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR

Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:25am

*sighs for 20 seconds*

What??? you have to pull back the baby's skin? I hadn't thought about that

#teamcircumsizethemall.

Posted By: starflower7
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:27am
You should get him circumcised. Not to be crude because we're talking about your baby but ummm let's just say he'll have more fun that way.

-------------
"I give to the needy...and not the greedy!"

"Mm hm that's right!"

Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:28am

What is smegma?
By the way I just messaged my brother's wife and she said she was scared when she 1st saw it, she admitted it was ugly and she said it didn't smell.

LOLCryDead what an uncomfortable sounding conversation...

Posted By: niecy
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:41am
If I do have a son I'd probably leave it up to his father to decide that. I sure wouldn't be watching while it happened though.

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:49am
the op is worded in an awkward way, im trying to figure out how a conversation with my mom would go about my sexual experience with regards to the state of my penis' present or absent foreskin

-------------
I just can't stand the negro british midget. He brings out the worst in me.....

I sometimes think AfroK is gay and either doesn't know it or won't admit to it..

Posted By: MizzAmirah
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:52am
Originally posted by niecy niecy wrote:

If I do have a son I'd probably leave it up to his father to decide that. I sure wouldn't be watching while it happened though.

Yeah, it's terrible to watch, I was pacifying the baby the whole time. I don't remember if they numbed it or not.
But I've seen something worse done to a baby (well for their own good anyway).

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:55am
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

What is smegma?
By the way I just messaged my brother's wife and she said she was scared when she 1st saw it, she admitted it was ugly and she said it didn't smell.

LOLCryDead what an uncomfortable sounding conversation...

I was afraid to go there, but I took the plunge. I can't dare ask my brother, it was weird enough asking his wife.Ouch

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:56am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

the op is worded in an awkward way, im trying to figure out how a conversation with my mom would go about my sexual experience with regards to the state of my penis' present or absent foreskin

I didn't think about this until I read the comments on youtube and heard about Ricki Lake doing a segment about this on her show. Apparently a lot of men who were circumcised are confronting their parents and are very angry it was done to them.

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:57am
Originally posted by starflower7 starflower7 wrote:

You should get him circumcised. Not to be crude because we're talking about your baby but ummm let's just say he'll have more fun that way.

Not really.
The extra skin makes for easier masturbation.

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:58am
Originally posted by niecy niecy wrote:

See my husband said if we do get get it  done he's not watching, but I think we should both be there at least holding his little hands. I don't wanna watch either, but we have to. If the doc screws up there will be no witnesses. I already know I will be crying with my son.

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 2:19am

I didn't think about this until I read the comments on youtube and heard about Ricki Lake doing a segment about this on her show. Apparently a lot of men who were circumcised are confronting their parents and are very angry it was done to them.
lol

those men are just being extra.

there is no sure way to determine who has or enjoys more sex as a result of circumcision its all subjective

just like theres no real reason for circumcision besides personal parental choice

-------------

I sometimes think AfroK is gay and either doesn't know it or won't admit to it..

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 2:20am
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Not really.

What I meant was...certain women are pickier about what they would be wiling to do with it...if you get my drift...

-------------

"Mm hm that's right!"

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 2:37am
you do remember we are talking about a baby here

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 2:38am

Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Not really.

What I meant was...certain women are pickier about what they would be wiling to do with it...if you get my drift...

It's not really that noticeably different. 

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 2:42am

you do remember we are talking about a baby here

Yeah I acknowledged that, thanks. 

-------------

"Mm hm that's right!"

Posted By: Honey sweet
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 3:12am
Op, get it done. Within a week the kid will be fine. 

-------------
Beautiful Onyinye

Posted By: danieb23
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 3:20am
My nephew was just circumcised (he's a month old but he
was a preemie in the hospital for 3 weeks) they used a numbing medication and it was quick.
He mostly hollered because he (like most babies) don't like people messing with his genitals.
He only fusses now when his diaper is changed and we have to change the gauze, but he cried during a diaper change before he was even circumsized. It's been a week and he's almost fully healed.

Many blessing to you, your family, and your bundle of joy!

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 3:54am

lol

those men are just being extra.

there is no sure way to determine who has or enjoys more sex as a result of circumcision its all subjective

just like theres no real reason for circumcision besides personal parental choice

This one line actually made me feel better.

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 3:55am
Originally posted by Honey sweet Honey sweet wrote:

Op, get it done. Within a week the kid will be fine. 

Thank you for replying, I am leaning toward it.

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 3:57am
Originally posted by danieb23 danieb23 wrote:

My nephew was just circumcised (he's a month old but he
was a preemie in the hospital for 3 weeks) they used a numbing medication and it was quick.
He mostly hollered because he (like most babies) don't like people messing with his genitals.
He only fusses now when his diaper is changed and we have to change the gauze, but he cried during a diaper change before he was even circumsized. It's been a week and he's almost fully healed.

Many blessing to you, your family, and your bundle of joy!

I keep reading that they don't use anything. I will insist that they do, thank you for the well wishes.Tongue
Congrats to YOU on your little nephew! I am glad that he is thriving <3

Posted By: Prazol60
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 5:41am
Didn't do it, it wasn't even an option given to us at the hospital. It is pretty much limited to religious groups around us. 

Posted By: Diane (35)
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 6:25am

Let to me find the circumcision health benefits or myths thread, i remember afro was very vocal in it, i may have replied.

Ive never seen a circumcised one. Jamaican men aint with the scissors near their or their sons peen lol

My friend's foreskin doesnt roll back completely and it pains him sometimes when he has sex but he refuses to go to the doctor.

Smegma that word gets me every time. Its that white film of dead skin and oil secretions that develop under the clitoral hood and the head of the penis. In Jamaica its called "buddy cheese" It just needs to be cleaned. If your dude isnt smelling right then have him shower. My gf with her super sensitive nose is notorious for showing dudes how to wash their peens. To this day her first bf is still grateful. LMAO

kill me at not doing certain things with your husband if he wasnt circumcised.

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/should-nonmedical-circumcision-be-banned-for-newb_topic321920.html?KW=circumcision" rel="nofollow - http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/should-nonmedical-circumcision-be-banned-for-newb_topic321920.html?KW=circumcision

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/why-would-yall-torture-like-thisquite-disturbing_topic319447_page1.html?KW=circumcision" rel="nofollow - http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/why-would-yall-torture-like-thisquite-disturbing_topic319447_page1.html?KW=circumcision

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/bible-inspires-mom-to-give-box-cutter-circumcision_topic319219_post8619666.html?KW=circumcision#8619666" rel="nofollow - http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/bible-inspires-mom-to-give-box-cutter-circumcision_topic319219_post8619666.html?KW=circumcision#8619666

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/kenyan-girls-boycott-fgm_topic307389_page2.html?KW=circumcision" rel="nofollow - http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/kenyan-girls-boycott-fgm_topic307389_page2.html?KW=circumcision

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 9:13am
i dont understand what you could possibly not do sexually bc there is skin there.  that's like a man saying he will not directly stimulate your clitoris during sex bc there is skin there. what? you weren't going to do it with out without skin. stop frontin'

-------------

Posted By: nimkola
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 9:25am
All trousersnakes look funny to me when they're soft. Foreskin ain't so bad.

Posted By: Bunnyahh
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 9:28am

because their parents took away their choice to be intact with a process that is an irreversible life long decision.  definitely not fair to the boy.  idk why sane ppl choose to do such cruel things like mutilating their kidsCryOuch

-------------
Hi BHM!! Lovely day I'm having. How about you?

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 10:10am
Originally posted by butta fly butta fly wrote:

I had my son circumcised. He does not resent me because he doesn't remember. He was only a day old. 
the only reason why its done as babies is cuz they can't fight/ speak up for themselves.  Try telling a 5 or 15 yr old that you want to cut up their penisErmm

-------------

Posted By: Flowing-Ice
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 10:30am
Honestly, I don't care. Uncircumcised doesn't look that bad. Unless he has a lot of foreskin.
But even then, he can get it done when he's old enough.

-------------
And Jean Paul Gaultier and a Hermes bag and four inch tips made of ostrich ;Sharp enough to slit your wrists her lips spread gossip ;Won't say sorry when she offends

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 10:33am
Don't see the point of circumsion if its not for religious reasons.
My sister and her husband left my nephews penis intact.

When I have kids I will do the same .

-------------
Never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:33pm

i dont understand what you could possibly not do sexually bc there is skin there.  that's like a man saying he will not directly stimulate your clitoris during sex bc there is skin there. what? you weren't going to do it with out without skin. stop frontin'

LOL you are a character! I am not frontin, I am so serious. The idea of pulling something back just grosses me OUT. (TMI alert; For me personally I am not into oral for myself).

Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:37pm
I did it for both of my sons.

Wasn't in the room for the procedure. It heals pretty quickly.

Posted By: dijah.love
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by FarraFace FarraFace wrote:

I had my son circ'd.

It will heal and be forgotten in a few days. He still gone scream tho, about something.

THIS

It would hurt so much more as they get older, too. If I had a son, he would get it done ASAP

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:38pm
^lol...again...maybe it is bc that is what i dealt with first...so i never really knew the difference and i will say it did not inhibit ME in anyway.  i saw it like a turtle coming out of its shell lol.  

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:41pm
Most island men aren't cut.

Sex is the same, imo.

They just need to make sure the roll back the skin real good and get it clean. Real good Stern Smile

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Eden. Eden. wrote:

my mom chose not to do it to my bro, then when he was around 4 or so he had to get it circumcised because the opening of the foreskin was to lil and was making it difficult for him to pee. don't know if this is common tbh.

i hear a lot about the odor also.

Same happend to my cousin. He was about 3 when he had it done.

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:42pm
child abusers.........

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 2:22pm

You no longer need to assume if you just do some research and refer back to the good book. We are no longer under old testament law (which circumcision falls under) since the death of Jesus. Our salvation and our covenant with God attained by faith, grace and holding to his teaching, not by a cut penis. 
I found a link on this very issue that may help you. I found that it was clear and to the pt.
  http://voices.yahoo.com/circumcision-bible-christian-parents-should-575491.html" rel="nofollow - http://voices.yahoo.com/circumcision-bible-christian-parents-should-575491.html

See my husband said if we do get get it  done he's not watching, but I think we should both be there at least holding his little hands. I don't wanna watch either, but we have to. If the doc screws up there will be no witnesses. I already know I will be crying with my son.
I would not be ok with taking that risk. 
As far as your brother, his penis prob was infected from the skin being pulled back too soon. When they are infants the foreskin is practically fused to the head, so by pulling, cuts and tears are being created, which are breeding grounds for bacteria and infection. 

Anyway as u can see. I'm pro #leavethepenisthewayitcameoutthewomb LOL

-------------
#CHOGH

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 2:26pm
yes to circumcision.

-------------

PEACE

Posted By: smaison
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 2:30pm
Man looka here, the best sex I have ever had was with an uncircumcised paynus. Its gotta special place in my heart.
But then again idk if it was because of that or if it was because he was carribean.

-------------
"I don't give a flying pretzel in skittle rainbow hell"

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by dijah.love dijah.love wrote:

Originally posted by FarraFace FarraFace wrote:

I had my son circ'd.

THIS It would hurt so much more as they get older, too. If I had a son, he would get it done ASAP

I'm no doc but I can venture a guess that hunger/wet diaper/too cold/hot "pain" or discomfort =/= forcibly retracted foreskin and cut with no anesthesia pain Confused

A good friend of mine had some of his foreskin removed when he was 16, I don't recall the reason. They used anesthesia of course. He said it was a bit tender afterwards but after 3 days he was back to normal.

-------------
#CHOGH

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by smaison smaison wrote:

Man looka here, the best sex I have ever had was with an uncircumcised paynus. Its gotta special place in my heart.
But then again idk if it was because of that or if it was because he was carribean.

We are >>>>> here <<<<<<

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 2:34pm
I'd be upset if my mom had my coochie lips cut off at birth.

Posted By: freedom76
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 2:40pm
I have had both...the best sex I ever had is circumcised. Now I prefer looking (and other things) with a circumcised one. But I can't say it "felt" differently.
I can say this...the loudest moaner was uncircumcised. And I wanted to bash in his skull.

-------------
I find women that encourage double standards on other women disgusting./femmefatale85

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 2:41pm
I think uncircumcised men are more sensitive. I swear they reach the peak a bit quicker

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

I think uncircumcised men are more sensitive. I swear they reach the peak a bit quicker

the skin moves around and stuff

-------------

Posted By: Lonisha87
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 2:45pm
I remember the thread on this like a year ago and some chick inboxes all this info on why circumcision is wrong. Not trying to deal with it again. But I gotta talk this over with my husband

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 2:46pm

the skin moves around and stuff

Yup thats what it's there for and because the penis is really an internal organ.

Posted By: freedom76
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 2:47pm

-------------
I find women that encourage double standards on other women disgusting./femmefatale85

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 2:50pm
LOL

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 2:55pm
is this one of those discussions you have before you get married? 

-------------

PEACE

Posted By: BeatriceBean
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 2:57pm
My son was circumcised. He hasn't come for my neck yet and I dare him to try.

He's 27.

-------------
Life is good!

Posted By: LushHair_Fein
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 3:06pm

Originally posted by exoticmami06 exoticmami06 wrote:

LOLCry

I actually thought about doing this. But what MAN in his RIGHT mind would voluntarily do that?

Actually in the past year, I know 4 men over the age of 30 who have had it done.  One for medical reasons, and the others were personal.  After being haunted by the uncircumcised throughout life, each were happy with their choice...  Wink

I say do it now, and save your son the headache...  They will do plenty of procedures that will make your baby cry during their first few days...  You will be more traumatize than the baby. 

-------------
Educate before speculate..............

Posted By: *Belle*Femme*
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 3:17pm
i know somebody who got it done in his 20's.

Ive never had he unfortunate encounter with an uncircumcised pee pee 

-------------
My mind explodes

Date Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 12:11am
So I decided to leave it up to my husband. He has not seen the video that shows 10 newborn boys having it done and has no interest in seeing it.
He decided since there are no health benefits to circumcision and it's not covered by our insurance, he feels no need to take our son through that and to spend 400 dollars on unnecessary surgery.
That makes sense to me. I am relieved to have come to a decision we can both live with, and I don't have to watch my son go through that!Tongue Thank you all for your advice and for sharing your thoughts! This is a really important and serious thing to consider.

As far as why we didn't discuss it prior to marriage, we did. We didn't think it was that big of a deal.
We were all set to do it until my doula told us she didn't do it to her son and why. I was still gonna do it with no qualms....until she sent that vid. I guess I just didn't think about what the procedure actually entailed and I didn't know there were no benefits to having it done...besides having an attractive penis.
Hopefully he meets a nice woman who loves him foreskin and all.Geek

Thank you all again! I will update once Hezzy aka my Hezziebear (Hezekiah) gets here!

Posted By: danni7
Date Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 12:18am
It's weird but I prefer looking at my SO's uncircumcised penis as opposed to a circumcised one....

Date Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 1:01am
Ok, so I just found out that Mario Lopez is not circumcised, nor would he want his son to be if he had one.
As ridiculous as it is, that made my night. I have a hard time believing him being uncircumcised has hindered him in ANY way. This gives me hope for my son!

Here is the link;
He mentioned it somewhere between the 5 and 6 minute mark;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqSml-0cmYI&feature=related" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqSml-0cmYI&feature=related

Date Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 1:35am
lmao

glad you made your decision.

-------------

Posted By: Tbaby
Date Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 8:15am
I didn't read the whole thread, just the last 2 pages.

I did have both boys circumcised at birth and never regretted it.  They were not circumcised in my presence however so I can't say if they reacted terribly then.  Afterwards they seemed happy lil campers parked on my breast, lol.

if you are happy with your decision then great.  I would caution that you shouldn't really factor the $400 cost into your reasoning so much.  After all $400 isn't worth your son's welfare over time, just sayin...

We didn't discuss it either before marriage.

-------------
Everyone has a role in life. We all can't be CEO's somebody gotta take the orders at Mickey D's & the KFC's -Jewelsync

Posted By: LushHair_Fein
Date Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 8:35am

mcelweewife,

Glad you and your husband are a peace with your decision...  That is all that matters... 

Well wishes you and your family...  Enjoy the arrival of Hezziebear...  Heart

-------------
Educate before speculate..............

Posted By: HeyBeautiful18
Date Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 8:41am
He wont even remember it

He'll be fine   Sleepy

-------------
#TeamTN
#CHOGH

Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 12:58am
Originally posted by LushHair_Fein LushHair_Fein wrote:

mcelweewife,

Glad you and your husband are a peace with your decision...  That is all that matters... 

Well wishes you and your family...  Enjoy the arrival of Hezziebear...  Heart

Thank youTongueHeart

Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 4:18am
he can always get it done later

hopefully no one will make him feel bad about it

-------------

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 7:41am
Originally posted by smaison smaison wrote:

This here, both of my uncicumcised have been from the islands, but idk if I am team uncut anymore.

-------------
God forgive me for my brash delivery
But I remember vividly what these streets did to me

Posted By: Allure.
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 12:34pm
I wouldn't get my son circumcised, I don't see a reason for it. It seems to be mostly cosmetic. The health risks they try and scare u with happen to anyone with bad personal hygiene.

-------------

Posted By: stardaqueenb23
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 12:39pm
I did it for my twins the day they were born. The doctor took them to a separate room to do it so I did not hear any painful screams, they were fine when they came back. Also it hurts way more if you wait until they are older it is best to do it when they are first born.

Posted By: stardaqueenb23
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 12:40pm
Uncut peens look to me. I could never feel comfortable handling them.

Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by stardaqueenb23 stardaqueenb23 wrote:

I did it for my twins the day they were born. The doctor took them to a separate room to do it so I did not hear any painful screams, they were fine when they came back. Also it hurts way more if you wait until they are older it is best to do it when they are first born.not at all
that way it wont hurt everWink

-------------

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 12:47pm
My nephew was so mad and irritable after it happened. I was sad because I could see the pain in his little infant face. You could definately see the change in him after it happened. I don't know what I'd do.

-------------
God forgive me for my brash delivery
But I remember vividly what these streets did to me

Posted By: FarraFace
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 1:54pm
Some of y'all...I swear.

Labor, in general, is painful to babies. What with all the squeezing of the skull plates and cord cutting, and that lil vaccum hose down the nose and throat. Getting circ'd is just one more shytty thing in the series of painful events called being born that.will.be.completely.forgotten.about.

Of course this is BHM, melodrama kitty central, so I'm sure most of y'all vivid remember all the traumas of being born and blame them for your inability to maintain friendships with women and/or romantic relationships with men. In fact, I can just about imagine the fight that ended your last relationship:

You: Yeah, I went through yo phone. So what! I di'nt find nothin.

Yo ex:

You: You mad? You wanna slap me?

Yo ex:

You: You do! I know you do! *starts throwin shyt at him* Just like that doctor did when I was 10 seconds old!

Yo ex: *leaves never to return, updates his FB status to single before he leaves the parking lot*

You, alone again: Men ain't shyt!

Later, that same evening:

You: *checks his FB and sees a comment from one of y'alls mutual female friends asking what happened* Already?! Uhm-hmm, I knew dat heaux was waitin in the cut to humiliate me! Just like my mama did when she let them do that c-section. Yeah, I was breach, but she ain't have to let them pull me out by my ankles and hold me upside down like that. Bytches ain't shyt!

Yes, I am that bored.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window