Print Page | Close Window

How would you respond?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=350803
Printed Date: Oct 22 2018 at 5:42pm

Topic: How would you respond?
Posted By: Gkisses
Subject: How would you respond?
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:04pm
Hello ladies...

Theres some drama going down with a segment of my fam on FB and Im looking for input on how you would handle the situation.

Dets in short:

Donna drops her daughter off at her grandmothers (ur mother) house for the weekend.
Before you pick her up today ur mother tells u she cut her hair.
ur daughters hair is like this if not a lil longer and probably around the same age as girl in the pic

Your daughter hates her hair and hates when u do it...you love it and keep it up very well.
When she goes to her grandmothers house she tells you mom she hates it
Your mother cuts off 8inches.
Your daughter isnt phased by it and seems happy.

Donna stance:  shes pissed off and basically says "she shouldnt have cut her hair without even telling me first "
The grandmother stance: Her daughter is happy and its just hair... "ur daughters hair not urs... its not that serious"..

GMom was a hairdresser back in the day and says she knew what she was doing ..Donna feels its looks a mess and would most likely result in more hair being cut to fix it.

How would yall respond to this?

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:05pm
well the reactions on a hair board will be a lil different

-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B

Posted By: Flowing-Ice
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:07pm
i'd be angry for a little. 
but... thats my mommy. 

-------------
And Jean Paul Gaultier and a Hermes bag and four inch tips made of ostrich ;Sharp enough to slit your wrists her lips spread gossip ;Won't say sorry when she offends

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:09pm
I would have a problem with ANYBODY doing anything to my child without my permission... even my mother

But the mother of the lil girl should've listened to her daughter

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:09pm
Glosses this is a hair board we love and need every inch!!!!

-------------
Russell hired me to police those who STAR these non-sensical threads!!!He said I should feel free to point them out!!

Posted By: yaya24
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:10pm
I would let her (my mom) know I was not happy with her decision and then set my expectations for how to handle MY daughter in the future....  and then I'd charge it to the game.

I'm one of those "its just hair" types... and if my daughter was happy then why would I stay mad at mom?

-------------
iRep ♥ Naija
TexLAXED 1.25.13'
SL starting alllll the way over. Watch me work.
APL 2013

<

Posted By: ImThatDiva
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:11pm
i would have said "exactly, MY daughters hair. NOT your daughter. I make the decisions for her, not you.Situations such as this require you to acquire my permission before you do anything." and I'd probably tell her that if the next time a situation like this were to arise and she did this again, I'd refrain from bringing her over.

If my mother was alive, she wouldn't do anything like that though...

-------------
Mrs.ImThatModdlessDiva
TWERKIN' MY WAY DOWNTOWN
CARS DRIVE PAST
DRIVERS CRASH AND I'M LOWDOWN
-Midna

Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:12pm
LOL...lol I know.... she is heated tho...lol ...outside of the little girls dad our male cousins dont see the big deal. I think whats making her the most upset is her mom doesnt feel she did anything wrong

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:12pm
and it's not about the hair, it's about her making a decision that wasn't hers to make

-------------
Mrs.ImThatModdlessDiva
TWERKIN' MY WAY DOWNTOWN
CARS DRIVE PAST
-Midna

Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by ImThatDiva ImThatDiva wrote:

and it's not about the hair, it's about her making a decision that wasn't hers to make

this. grandparents have to know their boundaries as well. while i am sure as a grandma she just wanted to make her grandbaby happy...she was infringing on her daughters authority and is showing the grandchild that you can run to grandma when you do not get what you want.

-------------

Posted By: dejee
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:14pm
I'd be mad that I wasnt consulted and on top of that if I'm the one that has to maintain said haircut lawd we fightin'

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:16pm
People overstepping parents decisions about their children (when their welfare isn't in jeopardy) is the most irritating thing!

Posted By: Anah
I mean what can be done? The hairs already cut. I don't really know how I would act in the situation but whether I was mad or not, I would have to make it abundantly clear that her father and I are the primary decision makers when it comes to my daughters well being and appearance. 

All drastic changes, medical care to be had etc... must be cleared with me us first. DUH!! Mama was out of line and crazy as hell but there is no use crying over cut hair LOL especially if the child is not negatively affected by the change

-------------
#CHOGH

Posted By: starflower7
I really can't say. My mom would never do that. She's a hair snob. That can't have been g-ma's first sign of crazy, though, and what little girl doesn't want long hair?

-------------
"I give to the needy...and not the greedy!"

"Mm hm that's right!"

Posted By: nycdiva357
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

this. grandparents have to know their boundaries as well. while i am sure as a grandma she just wanted to make her grandbaby happy...she was infringing on her daughters authority and is showing the grandchild that you can run to grandma when you do not get what you want.

-------------
He follows what I'm saying.. I aint gotta twitter shyt.

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:18pm
and this is why i really dont trust ppl with my kids.. doin stuff without my permission...i dont care if its just hair. i didnt say you could cut it. and most kids i know dont like getting their hair combed anyways. ...(the lady on youtube...smh) my mother n law learned the hard way...i dont care if you want to buy them a sucker you ask me first.Angry

-------------

Posted By: laceyfront
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:21pm
Her mom is overstepping boundries like a mutha fvka! She doesnt think she did anything wrong? Whats next? My child would not be going over there anymore without me because thats some bull. The rules in my house are very different from the rules we grew up with, my mom understands this and respects me as a woman and a parent. Therfore we don't have these type of situations popping up.

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:26pm
IA with the others who said grandma overstepped her grand-mama boundaries.

At least the little girl is happy? That's all I got.Smile

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR

Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:30pm
She is .... but i dont know if she realizes that shes still gonna have to get her hair done. 

-------------

Posted By: Miss SDY
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by nycdiva357 nycdiva357 wrote:

-------------
http://daisypath.com" rel="nofollow">

NL----[SL]----APL----BSB----BSL

Closing in on APL!!!

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

She is .... but i dont know if she realizes that shes still gonna have to get her hair done. 
DeadLOL

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR

Posted By: BeatriceBean
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 8:25am

Children will be "happy" if you let them eat candy all day and hand-paint the walls. If it was so important that the girl's hair be cut, then the grandmother could have waited to ask her daughter or to let her daughter supervise.

There are times to step in and blow the whistle as a grandparent, but this was not one of those times. Gma was wrong.

ETA: I'd feel differently if the child had lice or her hair was starting to loc though.

-------------
Life is good!

Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 8:28am
little girl got an afro now ?

Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 8:30am

This

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 8:37am
grandma was out of line.

Posted By: HeyBeautiful18
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 8:41am
that is the mothers choice what to do with the daughters hair, not the grandmother ...

id be mad too

-------------
#TeamTN
#CHOGH

Posted By: Bunnyahh
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 8:44am
WELLLLLLL.........

If the kid is happy & not hurt in the process then fine by me.  I also don't like it when my kids ask mommy for things I feel I should get them OR I feel they shouldn't have.  But mom is mommy & she loves her grandbabies to pieces.  so its meh

-------------
Hi BHM!! Lovely day I'm having. How about you?

Posted By: Afrocentchic
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 8:50am

that

-------------
For Black women as well as Black men, it is axiomatic that if we do not define ourselves for ourselves, we will be defined by others --for their use and to our detriment. - Audre Lord

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 8:55am

Not a big deal would be made.

My mother has a huge input on my nephew's life.
ANd when he stays for a week or two My mom makes it known that she will not be policed bc she wouldnt do him harm because shes his grandmother.

no one complains we know the deal.

-------------
Never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant

Posted By: Prazol60
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 9:02am
I would be angry, it is not her place to tell her what to do with her childs hair as long as it is neat. 

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 9:04am
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Not a big deal would be made.

My mother has a huge input on my nephew's life.
ANd when he stays for a week or two My mom makes it known that she will not be policed bc she wouldnt do him harm because shes his grandmother.

no one complains we know the deal.

yup, like I said above, nobody was hurt.  The kid is happy.  What I find ironic is all these ppl in here talking about decisions to make & consent, rights, blah blah are some of the SAME ONES who will take away anothers right to choose, then purposely hurt someone without their consent.  just go ahead & do wtf u want with no regards to anothers feelings.  But lets just say what they said in the other thread.... "they'll get over it"Sleepy

and I don't want any fuctards to quote me with some "its not the same bullsh*t"Big smile

-------------

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 9:27am
Yeah I don't play that......but my mom knows better......

-------------
When I read some of the post on BHM.

Posted By: smaison
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 9:30am
Nah son, don't do shyt to my daughter without my permission, idgaf who u are.

-------------
"I don't give a flying pretzel in skittle rainbow hell"

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 9:34am
I bet if she slapped relaxer on that kids head ya'll would be pissed tho.......

-------------
When I read some of the post on BHM.

Posted By: khivey
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 9:52am
Out of pocket

-------------
Hair Type:3c/4a
Hair Length:SBL
“The approval of others often forms an essential part of our capacity to think we are right.”

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 9:53am
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

i was just thinking this.

Posted By: Serwa
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 9:54am

I don't see the big deal.

-------------
"The truth has a greater power than a hundred lies." -Howard Zinn

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 9:58am
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

i was just thinking this.
I was thinking it too & as a relaxed lady, I wouldn't be upset if she was of age.  No toddler sh*t.  But my mom, sis & neice are natural & my dh BEEN saying for yrs b4 she was even born that no kid of his will be permed.  soooooooo..........Embarrassedas of now we're good.  Lemme see how much more I can tolerate the knots. 

Cry I never told Nike while she was here that I had a recurring dream about me giving my daughter to her cuz I can't do natural hair stylesOuchCry

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 10:01am
My mother knows her daughters.
She knows what we like she knows what we stand for she knows.
She's our mother.

The relaxer thing wouldnt even come into play.

My lil sis did the big chop and My mom didn't even know anything about it.. My mothers aunt took her to get it done without my mothers permission .
No big deal.

All that bitchin doesn't happen with us

-------------
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant

Posted By: iSMILE13
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 10:06am
I had to check my parents a few weeks ago. I made the mistake of not speaking up when they previously overstepped their boundaries. You need to talk to her about the bigger issue which is not the hair cut.

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 10:09am
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

People overstepping parents decisions about their children (when their welfare isn't in jeopardy) is the most irritating thing!

THIS!! I wanted to make a thread about an incident with my fam. It got real ugly....

Posted By: mzmee
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 10:12am

ALL OF THIS

-------------
Everything I'm not makes me everything I am.

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 10:20am
well tough sh*t!! If yall had adequate childcare and didn't pawn ya kids off on aunty or grandma, these issues would not arise.  the daycare is payed to treat your child a certain way.  family doesn't have to follow your rules.  if granny wants to shave her head, give whoopings, let her eat candy, run naked in the rain while saying the alphabet backwards, then so be it!!

don't have kids you can't afford to raise or bury

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 10:24am
Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

well tough sh*t!! If yall had adequate childcare and didn't pawn ya kids off on aunty or grandma, these issues would not arise.  the daycare is payed to treat your child a certain way.  family doesn't have to follow your rules.  if granny wants to shave her head, give whoopings, let her eat candy, run naked in the rain while saying the alphabet backwards, then so be it!!

What does this have to do with anything?

Many grandparents ask if their grandchildren can come stay for the weekend, it has nothing to do with daycare  for all we know Confused

-------------
Life is good!

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 10:26am

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 10:27am
Don't understand how the daycare aspect comes into play .

Grand kids visit their grandparents all the time.
Doesn't mean the parents are irresponsible wtf Bunny?

-------------
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 10:28am
Originally posted by BeatriceBean BeatriceBean wrote:

Many grandparents ask if their grandchildren can come stay for the weekend, it has nothing to do with daycare  for all we know Confused
you relinquish all rights when you CHOOSE to let them visit family.  There are no contracts to sign or rules to follow imo.  If you don't like it, keep them home or have granny come visit you.

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 10:30am
Originally posted by iSMILE13 iSMILE13 wrote:

LOL
tell me why ur really mad ismile, what did they do to you that made you wanna make a thread?

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 10:31am
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Don't understand how the daycare aspect comes into play .

Grand kids visit their grandparents all the time.
Doesn't mean the parents are irresponsible wtf Bunny?
never said anything about irresponsible mi' ladyEmbarrassed

-------------

Posted By: mzmee
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 10:37am

To the underlined: You lost me...completely
To the bolded: When it comes to children, yes they do. My children not theirs
To the italicized: If granny wanna do that, she need to have her more of her own damn kids. LOL

-------------
Everything I'm not makes me everything I am.

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 10:37am

Originally posted by BeatriceBean BeatriceBean wrote:

you relinquish all rights when you CHOOSE to let them visit family.  There are no contracts to sign or rules to follow imo.  If you don't like it, keep them home or have granny come visit you.

Relinquish all rights? What? No you don't. Since when does trusting that your parents will respect your authority as a parent equate to relinquishing all your rights?

-------------
Life is good!

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 10:43am
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

little girl got an afro now ?

No not when str8 it brushes the top of her shoulders now , it was almost hitting the middle of her back before the cut.

Also she wasn't using her mom as a sitter it was just a weekend visit to spend time with her gma...lol

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 10:46am
mzmee & BB I luv yall both very much but I'll just be saying the same thing I already said.  Idk how ppl can be upset at a haircut, yet be nonchalant at mutilation. Why should the granny respect your rights, wants, wishes as mom when nobody respects the rights, wants, or wishes of the child??  At least the hair will grow back, did not hurt, bleed, or isn't a lifelong irreversible decision.

-------------

Posted By: Flowing-Ice
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 10:46am
Hair cutting isn't that big of a deal.
The kid probably hated that the mom spent so much time, and fussed over her hair so much.

And the grandma saw how sad the kid was, and cut it.
I can see being angry for a little. But after like 2 weeks, itd be fine.

-------------
And Jean Paul Gaultier and a Hermes bag and four inch tips made of ostrich ;Sharp enough to slit your wrists her lips spread gossip ;Won't say sorry when she offends

Posted By: Tbaby
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 12:28pm
IA that the grandmother overstepped her boundaries on the whole haircutting thing.  What really sounds crazy is that this has become a facebook drama?  You gotta be kidding meLOL

I'd be mad for a day or two...maybe a week at most.  But after that, there's no sense in holding grudges about it.

-------------
Everyone has a role in life. We all can't be CEO's somebody gotta take the orders at Mickey D's & the KFC's -Jewelsync

Posted By: keepgrowing
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:17pm
That's really messed up especially if the mother does invest time in doing her daughter's hair. 8 inches is too much. I would be so angry, but my mom knows how I am about hair to not even dare cut it. If it is the gma on the father's side, then she would have to be placed on supervised visits of my child until the child is old enough to know what is going on smh.

-------------
You can't just walk in with a huge banana and expect everything to be peaches.

If you no know me brotha, I no like wahala.

Posted By: tropical-punch
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by iSMILE13 iSMILE13 wrote:

Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

THIS!! I wanted to make a thread about an incident with my fam. It got real ugly....
you can still make the thread. Big smile

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:29pm
i never knew that when my nieces or nephews spend time with me, i should disregard how they are being raised and their parents desires.

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:40pm

i never knew that when my nieces or nephews spend time with me, i should disregard how they are being raised and their parents desires.

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by Tbaby Tbaby wrote:

IA that the grandmother overstepped her boundaries on the whole haircutting thing.  What really sounds crazy is that this has become a facebook drama?  You gotta be kidding meLOL

I'd be mad for a day or two...maybe a week at most.  But after that, there's no sense in holding grudges about it.

lol yeah it started with a stat that said "Omg my mom cut _____ hair like really wtf" then it just went from there...calmed down then when she found out how much  she went on a rant again about being disrespected and her mom jumped in then other sibs when and gave their pov then like on here folks showed up and was like *watching*LOL

Im waiting for her to post pics... because the girl hair was beautiful....she was just a tomboy...I sorta kinda think that was one of the few ways her mom felt made her "girly" if yanno what i mean.

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 2:27pm

Your doing the absolute most and look like a fool. Why are nyou so angry about how people would feel if they were in a similar situation Nothing in this here thread said you were wrong if you didn't feel that way. More people in here feel differently that you do so tough titties...

I don't know about your family, frankly i don't care, but in MY family, the grandparents babysit. When my sisters and I were young, my grandmothers were super offended when my parents sent my older sisters to daycare. Daycare, in my family, is only an option if the grandparents or other family can't watch the kids. My sister's mother-in-law and my father tell her all the time that they'll rotate days to babysit as it will be their pleasure to do so.

Moral of the story: People have different opinions. No use in popping blood vessels because people don't agree.

eta: Letting your parents babysit doesn't mean you are relinquish your rights to them. What kind of ass-backwards logic is that? Do you even know what it means to relinquish your parental rights?
Babysitting is watching someone's child for a period of time.
I mean damn, with your mode of thinking here, grandma and grandpa could bring little Lucus to get a tattoo and it's aok because 'you've relinquished your rights' because you asked them to babysit. FOHSleepy

-------------
Mrs.ImThatModdlessDiva
TWERKIN' MY WAY DOWNTOWN
CARS DRIVE PAST
-Midna

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 2:29pm
and no bunny, a PARENT choosing to circumcise THEIR son is different than someone who is NOT the child's parent or primary guardian deciding to do so.

-------------
Mrs.ImThatModdlessDiva
TWERKIN' MY WAY DOWNTOWN
CARS DRIVE PAST
-Midna

Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 2:33pm
I would be pissed.

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 2:34pm

[/QUOTE

Bit dramatic..

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 2:40pm

mzmee & BB I luv yall both very much but I'll just be saying the same thing I already said.  Idk how ppl can be upset at a haircut, yet be nonchalant at mutilation. Why should the granny respect your rights, wants, wishes as mom when nobody respects the rights, wants, or wishes of the child??  At least the hair will grow back, did not hurt, bleed, or isn't a lifelong irreversible decision.

If the grandmother wants to make the decisions for the baby, then she needs to lay down and and make another kid or she needs to adopt. GRANDparent=/=PARENT
The grandmother made a decision for a child that is not hers. What the parents decide to do with THEIR child is their choice.That's really all that needs to be comprehended here. Our going hard in the paint for two unrelated situations.

-------------
Mrs.ImThatModdlessDiva
TWERKIN' MY WAY DOWNTOWN
CARS DRIVE PAST
-Midna

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 2:41pm

Your doing the absolute most and look like a fool. Why are nyou so angry about how people would feel if they were in a similar situation Nothing in this here thread said you were wrong if you didn't feel that way. More people in here feel differently that you do so tough titties...

I don't know about your family, frankly i don't care, but in MY family, the grandparents babysit. When my sisters and I were young, my grandmothers were super offended when my parents sent my older sisters to daycare. Daycare, in my family, is only an option if the grandparents or other family can't watch the kids. My sister's mother-in-law and my father tell her all the time that they'll rotate days to babysit as it will be their pleasure to do so.

Moral of the story: People have different opinions. No use in popping blood vessels because people don't agree.

rofl @ your selective reading & comprehension skillsLOL  woo woo woo, it's ok.  I'm able to disagree & voice my opinion.  No need for namecalling. This angry tirade you threw in my direction is no use.   I am not angry, I was the one ok with the haircut DUH.  My parents babysit also.  My parents can do what they want with my kids when my kids are in their care

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 2:43pm
Circumcisions are reversible. Check your facts. There's a procedure to do so FYI.

-------------
Mrs.ImThatModdlessDiva
TWERKIN' MY WAY DOWNTOWN
CARS DRIVE PAST
-Midna

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 2:46pm

If the grandmother wants to make the decisions for the baby, then she needs to lay down and and make another kid or she needs to adopt. GRANDparent=/=PARENT
The grandmother made a decision for a child that is not hers. What the parents decide to do with THEIR child is their choice.That's really all that needs to be comprehended here. Our going hard in the paint for two unrelated situations.
the CHILD wanted it. It was HER decision.  Just like a mom makes a decision to chop up their baby instead of allowing the baby to grow & make that choice for themself.

mmm hhmm spare me your tunnel vision pov

-------------

Posted By: nimkola
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 2:47pm
What? I'd be mad! But then again children don't need all that hair, it gets in the way especially if she's a tomboy.

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 2:48pm

Circumcisions are reversible. Check your facts. There's a procedure to do so FYI.
yeah after surgery, much pain, anguish & thousands of dollars later.  sure worth the hasselSleepy

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 2:51pm
how many decisions do you allow your kids to make B?

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 2:53pm

rofl @ your selective reading & comprehension skillsLOL  woo woo woo, it's ok.  I'm able to disagree & voice my opinion.  No need for namecalling. This angry tirade you threw in my direction is no use.   I am not angry, I was the one ok with the haircut DUH.  My parents babysit also.  My parents can do what they want with my kids when my kids are in their care
Me responding to you equates to me being angry? Ah, I see. In my opinion, your answer was over dramatic and made you look foolish, so I said it. That's not name calling bunny, use your reading comprehension skills.
What, you can't afford adequate child care? Why are you pawning your kids off on your parents? I mean, that's really the only reason your parents are babysitting them according to what you previously stated."If yall had adequate childcare and didn't pawn ya kids off on aunty or grandma"[sic].
What rolls in your family simply doesn't roll in everyone's family hence why some here would be mad at the grandparent for taking it upon herself to make that decision. End of story, the sooner you allow that to sink in, the sooner you'll stop being angry.
I actually beginning to think that might have been an undercover trolling post.

-------------
Mrs.ImThatModdlessDiva
TWERKIN' MY WAY DOWNTOWN
CARS DRIVE PAST
-Midna

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 2:57pm

as many as I see fit that will have them grow into responsible, purposeful, wise adults

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 3:01pm
Diva, mi munyeca !!LOL . tiene tiempo mama?

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 3:01pm

the CHILD wanted it. It was HER decision.  Just like a mom makes a decision to chop up their baby instead of allowing the baby to grow & make that choice for themself.

If you child wants to have sex and do drugs you're going to let them? Same exact concept different situation.

Do you know what a parent is bunny? A parent is like a proxy. A parent makes the decisions for their kids until they are able to make it for themselves. Children are not capable of making most of the decisions in their lives.If they were, you wouldn't have to raise them.

When I was seven, I wanted to buy a pony and have it sleep in my room. My parents, being the good parents they were, decided against such a thing.

-------------
Mrs.ImThatModdlessDiva
TWERKIN' MY WAY DOWNTOWN
CARS DRIVE PAST
-Midna

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 3:02pm

as many as I see fit that will have them grow into responsible, purposeful, wise adults

good answer.  how does circumcision fall into that?  i can see the hair cutting falling into the three categories you named.  

actually-- i might be less upset if the child cut her hair herself bc she is taking autonomy into her own hands. my point still remains that the child is being taught a bad lesson by grandma acquiescing. and she is learning how to circumvent her parent's authority.

the mother might have had her reasons outside of vanity for grooming her child in a specific manner. just like with clothing or anything else.

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 3:03pm

Why are you making decisions for your child?It's their life, you shouldn't be deciding anything for them. Oh the hypocrisy.

-------------
Mrs.ImThatModdlessDiva
TWERKIN' MY WAY DOWNTOWN
CARS DRIVE PAST
-Midna

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

Diva, mi munyeca !!LOL . tiene tiempo mama?
Si mi amor Send me a pmLOL

-------------
Mrs.ImThatModdlessDiva
TWERKIN' MY WAY DOWNTOWN
CARS DRIVE PAST
-Midna

Posted By: goodm3
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 3:04pm
cutting 8inches of hair...

they probably wouldn't see me for Thanksgiving next week. 

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 3:10pm

yeah after surgery, much pain, anguish & thousands of dollars later.  sure worth the hasselSleepy
My so's cousin wasn't circumcised. He was mad at his parents for not doing it because now he had to do it as an adult. Most men don't care.
It's a flip of the coin bunny. There are plenty of men who get cut when their older, are you(s) going to blame their parents in that situation to for not being able to detect that their son would want it? Now that they're older they'll remember the pain and anguish that they'll have to go through. God forbid they get a morning erection post-op after they've spent those thousands of dollars.There are more men getting cut for aesthetics that man adding the sleeve.

-------------
Mrs.ImThatModdlessDiva
TWERKIN' MY WAY DOWNTOWN
CARS DRIVE PAST
-Midna

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 3:11pm

Me responding to you equates to me being angry? no it was the slander & namecalling
Ah, I see. In my opinion, your answer was over dramatic and made you look foolish, so I said it. if you don't like what I post simply skip over it.  No need for fighting & harsh words. wwjd?
 That's not name calling bunny,yes it is use your reading comprehension skills.
What, you can't afford adequate child care?yes I can
 Why are you pawning your kids off on your parents? I don't
 I mean, that's really the only reason your parents are babysitting them according to what you previously stated."If yall had adequate childcare and didn't pawn ya kids off on aunty or grandma"[sic].they do go to daycare AND visit family.  I won't trip over family thoTongue
What rolls in your family simply doesn't roll in everyone's family no sh*t, I am VERY much aware that we are all different.
 hence why some here would be mad at the grandparent for taking it upon herself to make that decision. Idk why they are mad.  It is just hypocritical to me that all of a sudden ppl wanna talk about boundaries, rights, permission, etc... and flip flop in another topic
 End of story, the sooner you allow that to sink in, the sooner you'll stop being angry.  
I actually beginning to think that might have been an undercover trolling post.  As I said a long time ago, the go to words that ppl on bhm use when others disagree with them are mad/angry, basic, & troll.
Good Day

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 3:16pm

If you child wants to have sex and do drugs you're going to let them? Same exact concept different situation.

Do you know what a parent is bunny? A parent is like a proxy. A parent makes the decisions for their kids until they are able to make it for themselves. Children are not capable of making most of the decisions in their lives.If they were, you wouldn't have to raise them.

When I was seven, I wanted to buy a pony and have it sleep in my room. My parents, being the good parents they were, decided against such a thing.

I'm gonna need you to not do this selective reading. Until then, we can not continue.  I have answered  the above with my previous post.  But alas, you are seeing only what you want to

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 3:19pm

good answer.  how does circumcision fall into that?  i can see the hair cutting falling into the three categories you named.  

actually-- i might be less upset if the child cut her hair herself bc she is taking autonomy into her own hands. my point still remains that the child is being taught a bad lesson by grandma acquiescing. and she is learning how to circumvent her parent's authority.

the mother might have had her reasons outside of vanity for grooming her child in a specific manner. just like with clothing or anything else.

If they want the haircut, they can have a haircut.  If I said no, & my mom gave it to them I won't be mad.  If he wants a circumcision he can have it when he can afford it.  If my mom gave him one, I would be mad

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 3:20pm
Lmao, bunny you're trolling...Slander and name calling, girl bye.
and this is a forum. It works by people responding to topics and others. If you don't want to be responded to,  Logout http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/log_off_user.asp?XID=4a2z2ecea9f2" rel="nofollow - Logout [Bunyahh]

-------------
Mrs.ImThatModdlessDiva
TWERKIN' MY WAY DOWNTOWN
CARS DRIVE PAST
-Midna

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 3:21pm

Why are you making decisions for your child?It's their life, you shouldn't be deciding anything for them. Oh the hypocrisy.
LOL you tried.  re-read the thread

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 3:24pm

My so's cousin wasn't circumcised. He was mad at his parents for not doing it because now he had to do it as an adult. Most men don't care.
It's a flip of the coin bunny. There are plenty of men who get cut when their older, are you(s) going to blame their parents in that situation to for not being able to detect that their son would want it? Now that they're older they'll remember the pain and anguish that they'll have to go through. God forbid they get a morning erection post-op after they've spent those thousands of dollars.There are more men getting cut for aesthetics that man adding the sleeve.
he didn't HAVE to do it as an adult he WANTED to do it.  Most men do care about their penis.

-------------

Posted By: Lilaca
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 3:32pm
we are not talking about any regular hair here, we are talking about black hair. She had no right, a child doesn't know nothing.

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 3:34pm

If he wants a circumcision he can have it when he can afford it.  If my mom gave him one, I would be mad
Well, you've relinquished your rights when he's in your parents care so they can do that if they want.I hope they do.Wink

-------------
Mrs.ImThatModdlessDiva
TWERKIN' MY WAY DOWNTOWN
CARS DRIVE PAST
-Midna

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 3:35pm

he didn't HAVE to do it as an adult he WANTED to do it.  Most men do care about their penis.
Yes, and men don't have to get reverse circumcisions, they want it. Most men DO NOT care if they were cut.

-------------
Mrs.ImThatModdlessDiva
TWERKIN' MY WAY DOWNTOWN
CARS DRIVE PAST
-Midna

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 3:37pm

Lmao, bunny you're trolling...Slander and name calling, girl bye.
and this is a forum. It works by people responding to topics and others. If you don't want to be responded to,  Logout http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/log_off_user.asp?XID=4a2z2ecea9f2" rel="nofollow - Logout [Bunyahh]
trolling by disagreeing??Sleepy yeah sure. You can respond but not insult.  Would you like if I did the same to you?

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 3:39pm

If he wants a circumcision he can have it when he can afford it.  If my mom gave him one, I would be mad
Well, you've relinquished your rights when he's in your parents care so they can do that if they want.I hope they do.Wink
ClapEXACTLYLamp

-------------

Print Page | Close Window