Print Page | Close Window

Elmo a Pedo?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=350761
Printed Date: Sep 19 2018 at 10:37pm

Topic: Elmo a Pedo?
Posted By: Tbaby
Subject: Elmo a Pedo?
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 10:22am
Kevin Clash has been doing Elmo for 28 years and is credited for making it famous.  He's 52.  Kevin says the relationship was consenual between him and a 16 y/o (TMZ).  Consenual?  hmmmm....even if true, the man was still underage.  Kevin's going to be fired and sued.

The puppeteer who provides the voice of Elmo is on a leave of absence from Sesame Street after denying he had an inappropriate relationship with a teenage boy.

Sesame Street Workshop says it found the allegation against Kevin Clash "unsubstantiated," and granted him leave as he takes "actions to protect his reputation."

In June, the workshop heard from a 23-year-old man who claimed that he had "a relationship" with Clash beginning when he was 16 years old, the workshop said in a written statement.

The statement did not use the word "sexual."

"We took the allegation very seriously and took immediate action. We met with the accuser twice and had repeated communications with him. We met with Kevin, who denied the accusation. We also conducted a thorough investigation and found the allegation of underage conduct to be unsubstantiated. Although this was a personal relationship unrelated to the workplace, our investigation did reveal that Kevin exercised poor judgment and violated company policy regarding internet usage and he was disciplined," the Sesame Street Workshop statement said.

"Kevin insists that the allegation of underage conduct is false and defamatory and he is taking actions to protect his reputation. We have granted him a leave of absence to do so.

"Elmo is bigger than any one person and will continue to be an integral part of Sesame Street to engage, educate and inspire children around the world, as it has for 40 years."

CNN could not reach Clash immediately for a response.  TMZ reported that Clash said his relationship with the accuser "was between two consenting adults and I am deeply saddened that he is trying to make it into something it was not."

Last year, Clash spoke to CNN about the magic of Elmo, a "mirror image" for kids.

Voice of Elmo on leave after denying underage conduct with teen

-------------
Everyone has a role in life. We all can't be CEO's somebody gotta take the orders at Mickey D's & the KFC's -Jewelsync

Replies:
Posted By: IslandSuga
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 10:24am
*face palm*

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 10:25am
i heard about this on the radio this morning.  if i had known he was black i would have cared more

-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B

Posted By: Prazol60
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 10:26am
I hope they kill off that annoying ass puppet. Can't stand his voice 

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 10:29am
when i first saw him on Oprah my first thought was hes going to get taken down.

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 10:41am

I hope the allegations are false .

-------------
God will never let you down.
Avi.. Bobby Brown and brother Tommy after singing at MY DAD Funeral. RIP..

Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 10:42am
Ugh...

Posted By: keelolo1
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 10:54am
Smmfh

Posted By: Flowing-Ice
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 10:57am
nooooo. wow. 

-------------
And Jean Paul Gaultier and a Hermes bag and four inch tips made of ostrich ;Sharp enough to slit your wrists her lips spread gossip ;Won't say sorry when she offends

Posted By: CLCNY20
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:14am
aaand boom goes the dynamite...

-------------

Posted By: Jr1127
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:28am
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

when i first saw him on Oprah my first thought was hes going to get taken down.
What made you think that?

Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:30am
Once again another man with a long career of accomplishments gets caught up in an inappropriate relationship...

And the internet always seems to be involved...

-------------
Everyone has a role in life. We all can't be CEO's somebody gotta take the orders at Mickey D's & the KFC's -Jewelsync

Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:47am
*wall slide*

-------------
Laws are not written to protect children and women. They are written to protect MEN. - TokyoRose (truncated unfortunately)

Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:48am
Also the term pedophile is incorrect.

-------------
Laws are not written to protect children and women. They are written to protect MEN. - TokyoRose (truncated unfortunately)

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 12:05pm
Noooooooooooooooooooooo Shocked

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 12:20pm
and romney starts his strategic fight back against big bird

-------------
I just can't stand the negro british midget. He brings out the worst in me.....

I sometimes think AfroK is gay and either doesn't know it or won't admit to it..

Posted By: Lilaca
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 12:21pm
he's blackimage

i hope it's a lie

-------------

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 12:22pm
wow

-------------

PEACE

Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

made for a good thread title tho

Technically not he isn't, but that doesn't excuse a older 40's man allegedly getting snuggly w/ a 16 y/o

-------------

Posted By: Veemack
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 1:00pm
He said he had a relationship with him as an adult not a 16 year old. The accuser is 23 years old now, why is this just coming out? I do not believe he was underage, he is trying to destroy the puppeteer or get money. 

-------------
I am a happy positive God fearing sister, this is why I can show my face. Freely I speak irl, so I do not need to get on the net to vent. I love positivity. Don't be mad nor confused about that.

Posted By: laceyfront
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 1:09pm
Smh even if it aint true his life will never be the same.

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 2:41pm
@Lacey. U sure right. Allegations are enough to ruin your career and life.

-------------
Chris and Koochie split! - Mrshairdo

Sometimes when sh*t happens...you say fucc - Cyndi Lauper

let's look death in the face and say "whatever man". -Hurley.

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 2:49pm
So..he reported it to the man's job 7 years later?!

Sounds fishy to me...like that bitter ex you don't want anymore so they try to hit you where it hurts.

Time will tell though. Either way, this won't end well.

Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 2:50pm
i wonder if he cooned. 

-------------

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 3:01pm
Not Elmo.Dead

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR

Posted By: starflower7
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 3:07pm
It doesn't sound to me like he's denying it.

-------------
"I give to the needy...and not the greedy!"

"Mm hm that's right!"

Posted By: Addicted19034
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

I hope the allegations are false .

Dnt hold you breaff

Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 3:15pm
Punani will be the end of these niccas

Young punani
Old punani
Under aged punani
White punani

It never ends well

Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by Addicted19034 Addicted19034 wrote:

Punani will be the end of these niccas

Young punani
Old punani
Under aged punani
White punani

It never ends well

He was messing with a boy though. But either way.

-------------

"Mm hm that's right!"

Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 3:25pm
Fine punani and the occasional sausage stick

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 3:30pm
Bussy.

Posted By: tasty0619
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 3:35pm
Boogina.

-------------
Visit my accessory store to view my handmade designs!! www.etsy.com/shop/modishness

Posted By: goodm3
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by Lilaca Lilaca wrote:

i wonder if he cooned. 

how many black women are checking for dude that makes puppets? I doubt he was in the popular crowd in high school. 

Posted By: Miss SDY
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 3:49pm
Even if this is not true, he will not walk away untouched.. Allegations are enough to ruin a person..
I don't know what else to say but SMDH...

-------------
http://daisypath.com" rel="nofollow">

NL----[SL]----APL----BSB----BSL

Closing in on APL!!!

Posted By: Ladybird0724
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by laceyfront laceyfront wrote:

Smh even if it aint true his life will never be the same.

basically.

watch this leave of absence turn into something permanent.

side note: I was shocked as hell when I found out he was black. LOL

-------------
It is said it takes seven years
to grow completely new skin cells.
To think, this year I will grow
into a body you never will
have touched.
— Brett Elizabeth Jenkins

Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by goodm3 goodm3 wrote:

Originally posted by Lilaca Lilaca wrote:

i wonder if he cooned. 

how many black women are checking for dude that makes puppets? I doubt he was in the popular crowd in high school. 
LOLmoney hun, money

-------------

Posted By: Jr1127
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 4:12pm
That documentary about him was really good. I hope it not true him seem like a nice guy.
I feel sorry for his daugther.

Posted By: miana79
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 5:41pm
why he black doeConfused

Posted By: purple.chuckz
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 7:39pm

Somebody posted this on their Facebook page:

I told them that today was not a good day for Elmo.

They got all bitchy with me. I clicked the unfriend button. 

-------------
Women are not the problem. they are the solution.

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 8:34pm
WOW..............Way to take advantage of the kids Unhappy

-------------
yo

Posted By: Allure.
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by CLCNY20 CLCNY20 wrote:

aaand boom goes the dynamite...

-------------

Posted By: Harmonii
Date Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

Ugh...

Just what I said

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 4:53pm
Breaking News . Sick
http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oGkku8zqJQs3oA1c5XNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTE1b3FkZDZvBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA3NrMQR2dGlkA1ZJUDE3Ml8yMTI-/SIG=1350aospo/EXP=1352875836/**http%3a//www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012/11/13/elmo-puppeteer-accused-recants.html" rel="nofollow - http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oGkku8zqJQs3oA1c5XNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTE1b3FkZDZvBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA3NrMQR2dGlkA1ZJUDE3Ml8yMTI-/SIG=1350aospo/EXP=1352875836/**http%3a//www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012/11/13/elmo-puppeteer-accused-recants.html

-------------

Posted By: BrownQtee
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by Veemack Veemack wrote:

He said he had a relationship with him as an adult not a 16 year old. The accuser is 23 years old now, why is this just coming out? I do not believe he was underage, he is trying to destroy the puppeteer or get money. 

This. I don't see what other motivation there could be.

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 4:58pm

Breaking News . Sick
http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oGkku8zqJQs3oA1c5XNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTE1b3FkZDZvBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA3NrMQR2dGlkA1ZJUDE3Ml8yMTI-/SIG=1350aospo/EXP=1352875836/**http%3a//www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012/11/13/elmo-puppeteer-accused-recants.html" rel="nofollow - http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oGkku8zqJQs3oA1c5XNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTE1b3FkZDZvBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA3NrMQR2dGlkA1ZJUDE3Ml8yMTI-/SIG=1350aospo/EXP=1352875836/**http%3a//www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012/11/13/elmo-puppeteer-accused-recants.html

Elmo puppeteer accuser recants sex story

The Associated Press

Posted: Nov 13, 2012 5:41 PM ET

Last Updated: Nov 13, 2012 5:52 PM ET

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012/11/13/elmo-puppeteer-accused-recants.html#socialcomments" rel="nofollow - -
  Sesame Street puppeteer Kevin Clash took a leave of absence from the popular children's show following allegations he had a relationship with a 16-year-old boy. On Tuesday, his accuser recanted his story. (Victoria Will/Associated Press)

The man who accused Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash of having sex with him when he was a teen now says it isn't so.

The man is now saying his sexual relationship with Clash was adult and consensual.

In response to the statement Tuesday afternoon, Clash issued a statement of his own, saying he is "relieved that this painful allegation has been put to rest."

The man, who has not identified himself, released his statement through the Harrisburg, Pa., law firm of Andreozzi & Associates.

On Monday, Sesame Workshop said Clash had taken a leave of absence from Sesame Street after allegations came to light that he had had a relationship with a 16-year-old. Clash denied the charges from the man, who is now in his early 20s.

Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 4:59pm
Thanks Tatee ^^^

-------------

Posted By: tasty0619
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 5:23pm
I was just about to ask if the story about him recanting was posted.

It's sad though, because ppl will still have the accusation in their minds.

-------------
Visit my accessory store to view my handmade designs!! www.etsy.com/shop/modishness

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 5:24pm
Mr. Elmo better sue ol boy for lying.

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR

Posted By: r0ck_starr
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 5:27pm
I'm still tripping off the fact that homeboy is gay. I saw the documentary on him. I thought he was married with a daughter? 

Posted By: foxyroy19
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 6:12pm
He has been divorced since 2003.  I remember watching an interview when he was still married and I thought he was odd and when I saw his wife I thought well...ain't he gay?  2012 he confirms what I thought back in 2000.  sigh

-------------
Taking names...keeping notes!

Posted By: Bunnyahh
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 6:41pm
I wonder how many parents will stop their kids from watching sesame street now?  As many that stopped watching Teletubbies

-------------
Hi BHM!! Lovely day I'm having. How about you?

Posted By: Sinnamon_Mami
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 7:07pm
Smh, it's like finding out Santa doesn't exist.. I thought so highly of him, I didn't know he was gay. Ole boy was a bitter b8ch and unfortunately Elmo will lose a lot of coins behind this scandal.

-------------

Posted By: iSMILE13
Date Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 7:19pm
Why did he settle? Why did the accuser recant his story?

Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 8:12am

Breaking News . Sick

Elmo puppeteer accuser recants sex story

Thanks for posting the update.

Great that he recanted, but the damage is done.  Who's going to watch Elmo without thinking about this from now on?

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 8:42am
No adult but kids don't care. Those that are bothered by him being gay most likely don't like the show anyway. They have been accused in the past of being too liberal which made no sense. 

Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 10:32am
the damage is already done. its not fair that a person can just make a statement like this, recant it and still remain anonymous.  he should be outed just like he did Kevin Clash.

Posted By: teendiva
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 10:49am
what's the point of recanting? Either you want everyone to know Elmo's a pedo, or you don't.

-------------
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else, is the greatest accomplishment.
-My dude Emerson

Posted By: teendiva
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 10:51am
Originally posted by foxyroy19 foxyroy19 wrote:

He has been divorced since 2003.  I remember watching an interview when he was still married and I thought he was odd and when I saw his wife I thought well...ain't he gay?  2012 he confirms what I thought back in 2000.  sigh

Oh wow...yeah I'd be more surprised if he wasn't gay.

-------------
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else, is the greatest accomplishment.
-My dude Emerson

Posted By: Faithfully2002
Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 11:33am
Oh my…

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 12:13pm

the damage is already done. its not fair that a person can just make a statement like this, recant it and still remain anonymous.  he should be outed just like he did Kevin Clash.

'Elmo' accuser who recanted underage sex accusation against puppeteer Kevin Clash has troubled past

Aspiring model Sheldon Stephens was identified by The Smoking Gun as the person who nearly destroyed 'Sesame Street' muppeteer Kevin Clash’s career by claiming he had a relationship with the 52-year-old when he was just 16. Clash said they were consenting adults.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/elmo-accuser-recanted-troubled-article-1.1202365#commentpostform" rel="nofollow - Comments (19) Shown is a mugshot of Sheldon Stephens when he was incarcerated in Dauphin County, PA on an armed robbery charge. Stephens claimed he had a sexual encounter with Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clarke when he was a minor, but later admitted they were both consenting adults at the time of their relationship.

Mugshot of Sheldon Stephens when he was incarcerated in Dauphin County, Pa.

The man who tickled Elmo has had a troubled past.

Aspiring model Sheldon Stephens was identified by The Smoking Gun as the person who nearly destroyed “Sesame Street” muppeteer http://www.nydailynews.com/topics/Kevin+Clash" rel="nofollow - Kevin Clash ’s career by claiming he had a relationship with the 52-year-old when he was just 16. Clash said they were consenting adults.

On Tuesday, Stephens recanted the underage accusation. The ordeal wasn’t the first time Stephens, a self-described “rare breed,” got in over his head, according to the site.

The 24-year-old was arrested in the Harrisburg, Pa., airport in 2009 on charges of receiving stolen property, The Smoking Gun reported. At the time, he was sporting a white gold necklace and ring a Los Angeles music manager said Stephens robbed from him. Stephens told cops the $250,000 in jewelry was a gift.

The case was eventually dismissed.

ELMO15N_1_WEB

MOLLY RILEY/REUTERS

'Sesame Street' character Elmo and Kevin Clash pose for photographers before the 2011 Kennedy Center Honors in Washington, D.C.

http://landing.newsinc.com/shared/video.html?vcid=23887151&freewheel=90051&sitesection=nydailynews" rel="nofollow - Watch the video report here

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/elmo-accuser-recanted-troubled-article-1.1202365#ixzz2CJflSCUu" rel="nofollow - http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/elmo-accuser-recanted-troubled-article-1.1202365#ixzz2CJflSCUu

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 12:16pm

"ELMO" Accuser REVEALED--He's An "Aspiring Model" WITH A RAP SHEET With ARMED ROBBERY, BAD CHECKS & RECKLESS DRIVING

Nov 15 | by  http://theybf.com/users/ybf-0" rel="nofollow - _YBF

Photobucket

The 24-year-old aspiring model who supposedly accused (we never heard te accusations from his own mouth or quotes) then "recanted" the allegations of underage sex with "Elmo" puppeteer Kevin Clash has been revealed.  And so has his murky past.  It includes armed robbery, writing hot checks and reckless driving. Oh...and his mom is accused of trying to murder her husband! Meet Sheldon Stephens inside.....

Photobucket

The young man who  http://theybf.com/2012/11/12/brothaz-with-problems-elmo-creator-kevin-clash-involved-in-alleged-underage-sex-scandal" rel="nofollow - accused Kevin Clash of underage sex  (before he recanted) has been revealed as Sheldon Stephens, a 24-year-old aspiring model/actor from Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.  On his Facebook page, he says of himself, “I like to consider myself a rare breed. I'm very spontaneous and random…I'm determined and goal oriented. My destiny is laid on a solid gold brick pathway....... MY FUTURE IS BRIGHT and never will it dim.”

Though it has not been revealed how Sheldon even met 52-year-old Kevin (back when he was only 16), what has been revealed is a scandalous past full of run-ins with the lat since 2009.  He was first arrested for writing hot checks in Harrisburg (but he later settled his debt), then he pleaded guilt to reckless driving. 

And most shockingly, he was arrested for robbing his old boss, music manager Darian Pollard, for $250K in jewelry at knifepoint! As far as that case goes,  Darian didn't file charges and told The Smoking Gun that he doesn't remember being robbed.  SMH.

But trouble in Sheldon's life didn't stop there as his mother, Felicia Stephens, was charged with attempted murder after she allegedly stabbed her husband with a pair of scissors...repeatedly. All of this went down in March and now she is facing a felony aggravated assault rap and is due in court December 19. SMH. (Interesting that the time of his mother facing these charges overlaps with the time Sheldon was negotiating with Seaseme Street about the supposed "allegations.  Was someone trying to make money for legal fees?)

http://theybf.com/2012/11/13/on-second-thought-elmo-accuser-recants-underage-sex-allegations" rel="nofollow - And we told you previously  that there was speculation (by TMZ) that a six-figure settlement was on the table between Kevin and Sheldon.  And now that report is looking VERY suspect (most likely the site was trying to cover their asses)...and probably NEVER happened. TSG said, 

"Shortly after the statement’s release, TMZ scrambled to publish a story (citing “sources close to the situation”) claiming that attorneys for Clash and the accuser were, right then, purportedly “discussing a financial settlement and 6-figures were on the table.” At that point, however, Stephens was no longer being represented by Andreozzi & Associates, the Harrisburg law firm, and had no other legal representation. The issuance of the statement was done as a courtesy by Stephens’s former counsel, who noted that, “He will have no further comment on the matter.”

We all know timing is everything....maybe Sheldon was trying to think of quick ways to make money for his mom's legal defense...which we're sure must be MAJOR.  We're thinking if your mom is accused of murder in March, you wouldn't spend  the summer going back and forth with legal counsel at Sesame Workshop unless you thought you'd get something out of it for the future.  That time COULD have been spent comforting your mother and helping prep her case.  SMH.

Whatever his reasons were...he did confirm he had a consenual relationship with Mr. Clash and not before the age of 18.  But Kevin now has a damaged reputation. 

We'll keep you posted on this.

Here are a few of Sheldon's modeling shots....

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket    

-------------

Posted By: hauteshellbi
Date Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 12:26pm
He looks like an ant

-------------
Men fake a relationship to get a nut, Women fake a nut to get a relationship- himayn10ence

Date Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 12:36pm
LOL Yes he does!
THat dude is so funny looking ....this the best you can do? I mean Kevin is a good looking man but this guy is just strange looking

Date Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 12:47pm
maybe Kevin will stay in his own age group now

I never liked may/december romances

-------------

Posted By: FarraFace
Date Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 12:50pm
Deezy?

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 2:34pm
He looks like the type to rely on the fact that he's "exotical" to get him thru life.

Posted By: BrownQtee
Date Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 2:36pm
The man who tickled elmo, though? Really? LOLLOL

Posted By: lanae
Date Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 2:39pm
Can't believe that voice is from a big ol black man

-------------
"It's not what you're called but what you answer to that will define who you are."

Posted By: OrriannaRose
Date Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 2:46pm
He recanted?

LOLLOLLOL

-------------

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 6:17am
Originally posted by Tbaby Tbaby wrote:

Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

made for a good thread title tho

Technically not he isn't, but that doesn't excuse a older 40's man allegedly getting snuggly w/ a 16 y/o

I am not understanding the point of technicalities when it comes to statutory rape or rape of anyone over 13.  I am sure that terminology changes everything. Yea we know, we found out on the internet just like you.
It's just like when black people pull out webster because it proves everyone can be racist

-------------
God forgive me for my brash delivery
But I remember vividly what these streets did to me

Posted By: Mamacita
Date Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 6:58am
lol oriannarose i like the gif in ur sig LOL

-------------
A donde el corazón se inclina, el pie camina.
HL: APL
HG: BSBL
HT: 2C,3A

Body: Weight Trainin, Increase in Cal intake, Balance Diet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qs3Hq4Za51k

Posted By: OrriannaRose
Date Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 6:59am
Originally posted by Mamacita Mamacita wrote:

lol oriannarose i like the gif in ur sig LOL
Approve Thanks.

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 11:12am
Update:
I can't for some reason cut and paste--but TMZ is reporting that Kevin paid Sheldon Stevens 125K to recant the story and drop the suit. 

The settlement requires Stevens to only say that the relationship was consensual, and that Stevens "repeatedly insisted he didn't want to sign", crying during the negotiations.

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 11:43am
Originally posted by Tbaby Tbaby wrote:

Update:
I can't for some reason cut and paste--but TMZ is reporting that Kevin paid Sheldon Stevens 125K to recant the story and drop the suit. 

The settlement requires Stevens to only say that the relationship was consensual, and that Stevens "repeatedly insisted he didn't want to sign", crying during the negotiations.

why wouldnt he just go to the police? what the hell is he crying for?

Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Nov 15 | by  http://theybf.com/users/ybf-0" rel="nofollow - _YBF

And most shockingly, he was arrested for robbing his old boss, music manager Darian Pollard, for $250K in jewelry at knifepoint! As far as that case goes,  Darian didn't file charges and told The Smoking Gun that he doesn't remember being robbed.  SMH.

Sounds to me like the young man has been getting raped for years Confused 

Posted By: LilMissSunshine
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 3:11pm
Why is he now just going to the police? How does someone not remember being robbed at knifepoint? This is messy.

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 3:13pm
a guy like that with 125k is going to be on skid row in a year.  wtf is up with everyone's attack on the great American institution known as Sesame Street!!  he has sullied something pure and will pay in karma.

Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 3:14pm
How do they know he was crying during any negotiations? This is all so stupid. Letting someone buy your silence yeah I bet that just broke him to pieces.

-------------

"Mm hm that's right!"

Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 3:17pm

Sooo you think he was lying?

-------------

"Mm hm that's right!"

Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 3:23pm
KEVIN CLASH (VOICE OF ELMO)
Pays Accuser 6 Figures ...
Demanded Public Retraction of Underage Sex Claim
EXCLUSIVE
1116-elmo-kevin-clash-sheldon-stephensKevin Clash -- the voice of Elmo -- agreed to pay his accuser $125,000, with one string attached -- that the accuser recant his story that Clash had sex with him when he was a minor ... TMZ has learned. 

TMZ broke the story ... Sheldon Stephens alleged he was only 16 when Clash began a sexual affair with him. Clash has acknowledged an affair, but insists it started when Stephens -- now 23 -- was an adult.

Multiple sources tell TMZ ... hours before Stephens recanted his underage sex allegation, a settlement was struck between the two parties.  Under the terms of the settlement, Clash agreed to pay Stephens 125k.  But the settlement then provides the following:

"Stephens agrees that immediately upon execution of this Agreement, his counsel, Andreozzi & Associates, P.C., shall release the [following] statement ... 'He [Stephens] wants it to be known that his sexual relationship with Mr. Clash was an adult consensual relationship.'" 

The settlement document goes on to say if Stephens is asked by anyone about his relationship with Clash, he must only repeat the statement [above] in the settlement that recants his story.

We've learned although Stephens signed the document, he continues to insist Clash had sex with him when he was a minor and was pressured into signing the settlement.

One source privy to the negotiations tells TMZ ... Stephens was crying during final negotiations and repeatedly insisted he didn't want to sign.

We contacted Clash's lawyer, but he had no comment.

Read more:  http://www.tmz.com/2012/11/17/kevin-clash-settlement-elmo-underage-sex-claim-sheldon-stephens/#ixzz2CW8vhBBW" rel="nofollow - http://www.tmz.com/2012/11/17/kevin-clash-settlement-elmo-underage-sex-claim-sheldon-stephens/#ixzz2CW8vhBBW

-------------

Posted By: FarraFace
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by LilMissSunshine LilMissSunshine wrote:

Why is he now just going to the police? How does someone not remember being robbed at knifepoint? This is messy.

Pictures or iPhone video of said someone engaging in illicit activites tend to induce amnesia.

Imjussayin...

-------------

Posted By: nala52808
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 3:28pm
Honestly, if anybody should be labeled a pedo on dat show, its Mr.Noodle. Something's not right wit dat dude.

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by starflower7 starflower7 wrote:

of course he is lying.  funny that he chose the age 16 as opposed to 17!  17 is probably consenting in whatever state they're in.

Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 3:36pm
i don't believe him bc they said Sesame Street did their own investigation and concluded his claims were baseless.  Sesame Street aint neva lied to me all my life..../shrugs/

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 3:54pm
Why did dude pay him off? Geek

Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 3:59pm

i said that when it had just came out that he recanted and yes i thought he was lying then but now im not  sure.  do you pay off someone lying on you and ruining you reputation?  idk and i guess it doesnt matter.

Posted By: Sinnamon_Mami
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 4:14pm
Poor guy.. I wouldn't want to sign it either, 125 is play money for Elmo..He probably needed the money bad

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 4:20pm

i said that when it had just came out that he recanted and yes i thought he was lying then but now im not  sure.  do you pay off someone lying on you and ruining you reputation?  idk and i guess it doesnt matter.

You pay them off to get the scandal off the news as soon as possible whether you are guilty or not...damage control.  Kevin's got a rep in the puppet industry that is geared toward kids. 

Or pay them off because you are guilty and want to make amends without a trial where you might end up paying even more, plus increased legal fees the longer it drags on.

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 7:00pm
For his lawyers to push him to accept that petty amount, they must not have had much faith he could get more. Not necessarily saying he's lying, but maybe they didn't feel confident he had enough evidence or credibility to take it any further.

Posted By: solo
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 7:12pm
#TeamElmo

-------------
- solo

Posted By: Im_oh_so_hott
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 8:20pm
What is up with people attacking Sesame Street ?

-------------
BSS?! that's like the dirtiest thing you can say in BHM. Why are you thinking of going Bootleg? - BaileyAlexandria

Posted By: foxyroy19
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 10:09pm
This young man must not have had proper representation.

-------------
Taking names...keeping notes!

Posted By: purple.chuckz
Date Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 9:30am
Only $125K? Come on now, Sheldon. 
Why is Clash dating someone barely legal to begin with? 

-------------
Women are not the problem. they are the solution.

Print Page | Close Window