Print Page | Close Window

why dont they leave Lark Voorhies alone

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=350696
Printed Date: Aug 21 2018 at 3:43am

Topic: why dont they leave Lark Voorhies alone
Posted By: miana79
Subject: why dont they leave Lark Voorhies alone
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 12:48am

sickness is no jokeCry  sounds like she was trying to prevent herself from crying.

Replies:
Posted By: Lilaca
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 12:51am
she is still beautiful

couldn't they clean the windows after?

-------------

Posted By: bubblyboo
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 12:58am
So does she have a mental illness or not? I'm confused. She really is a beautiful girl. 

-------------
Cry me a river d*@kface you just got yourself another one!

Posted By: laceyfront
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 1:03am
ummm she acting kinda crazy tho

Posted By: starflower7
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 1:04am
Where is her mother?

-------------
"I give to the needy...and not the greedy!"

"Mm hm that's right!"

Posted By: Jr1127
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 1:04am
I did not understand what she was talking about!
Maia Campbell would be on  Iyanla Vanzant’s Fix My Life 

Posted By: miana79
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 1:08am
Originally posted by bubblyboo bubblyboo wrote:

So does she have a mental illness or not? I'm confused. She really is a beautiful girl. 

I heard that her mother wrote a article a few months back saying that she is bipolar. I never read or seen the article.

Posted By: babyk94
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 1:10am
I loved her on Saved by the Bell. I wish her the best

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 1:25am
Is she on meds or something? She sounds a little off...

Beautiful girl tho and I hope she gets thru whatever it is she's going thru.

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 1:46am
oh lisa turtleeeee Cry... i catch saved by the bell on the weekends sometimes..she cracked me up. shes still beautiful. oh what happened to you lisaaa??? Cry

-------------

Posted By: Prazol60
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 3:34am
If she is really going through this it would be great for her to be a spokeswoman for it. Mental illness is still a taboo with some black people. It is nothing to be ashamed about but so many people hide it and won't seek help. There is nothing wrong with needing help. I know several people who need or needed help. One of them self-medicates with cocaine. She gets clean then has to deal with her real problems and can't handle it then gets back on drugs again. It is a 20 year battle. 

Posted By: Faithfully2002
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 3:44am
Originally posted by babyk94 babyk94 wrote:

I loved her on Saved by the Bell. I wish her the best

-------------

Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 4:33am
They need to leave her the fucc alone. Instead they hound her and humilate her through the media even though they know she has a mental illness. She is not a zoo animal for folks to look at. At this stage in her life, she cannot be a spokesperson for mental illness because she obviously is not properly medicated or has something else going on. I have a good friend who's bipolar and when she is medicated, she is fully functional and smart as a whip. In this clip, she is incoherent, which makes me think that either she has the wrong meds, or something else is going on. In any case, they need to leave her the fucc alone, as mental illness is not something to be ostracized or laughed at.

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 4:37am
she is clearly going through it

but she chose to do the interview, her people should have intervened 
i don't think anyone is laughing at her 

Posted By: sistagal
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 4:40am
Originally posted by Lilaca Lilaca wrote:

she is still beautiful

couldn't they clean the windows after?

THIS

LOL

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 4:54am
That woman has not been in front of a camera to be interviewed in a very long time. She seems extremely nervous; or trying miserably to hold pain in.

Poor girl.

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 5:13am
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

she is clearly going through it

but she chose to do the interview, her people should have intervened 
i don't think anyone is laughing at her 

Yes they are. They are exploiting her. I remember the ET promo for this interview. It was "Does Lars have a mental illness?" They know she does. They just wanted to show her talking jibberish so they can show the world that she's nutty. As for her choosing the interview, again she is mentally ill. I do agree that her people should have intervened. Maybe she wouldn't listen. But let me put it to you like this: would you purposely set up someone who you know has PTSD or depression and set up a so called interview so that couch potatoes can be entertained watching ET? The press is getting more and more disgusting every day. Nothing is sacred any more. If she ends up killing herself, they'll be acting all concerned and filming the funeral in 3D. SMH 

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 5:15am
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

That woman has not been in front of a camera to be interviewed in a very long time. She seems extremely nervous; or trying miserably to hold pain in.

Poor girl.
And they never would have put her in front of the camera if it weren't to show the world how messed up she is. Saved by the Bell has been over and done with for a while now. They thought it would be fun to see her nutty on camera. Never mind that she has a mental illness that she can't help. If she had diabetes, folks would leave her alone

Posted By: Posh Ams
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 5:16am
Oh Lawd! Poor woman. This is so sad. I hope she gets the help she needs prrronto!

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 5:18am
You're a conspiracy theorist
And quite frankly, you sound like lark

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 5:23am

You're a conspiracy theorist

No I'm not! I'm telling it like it. And I'm sensitive to issues pertaining to mental illness.Black folks love to dismiss this issue. Do you really think that the interviewer didn't know that she would be incoherent, seeing that she has exhibited that behaviour numerous times before as of late? Did you see the interviewers' face? She made it a point to give her the rope to hang herself. Mental illness is misunderstood, trivialized and laughed at. If she had a physical ailment, they wouldn't feel so free to deride her. They know she's fragile, they just want ratings and they don't care what they do to get it. It's not like she killed someone or did something highly unethical. She's ill. And she's a washed out actress, so for them to put the focus on her at this here moment is highly suspect

Posted By: starflower7
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 5:26am
They are taking advantage of her imo. I wonder who else is. Apparently no one is looking out for her.

-------------
"I give to the needy...and not the greedy!"

"Mm hm that's right!"

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 5:26am
[QUOTE=SoutherNtellect]You're a conspiracy theorist
And quite frankly, you sound like lark[/QUOTE]

This bit is extra. So I'm aware of issues surrounding mental illness and don't like the exploitation of it by the entertainment media and that makes me incoherent? OK. Do you.

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 5:30am
what exactly was the point of the interview if it was to showcase how off she sounds?  they took advantage of her vulnerable state but i dont expect more from the media.

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 5:31am
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

what exactly was the point of the interview if it was to showcase how off she sounds?  they took advantage of her vulnerable state but i dont expect more from the media.

THANK YOU! But apparently, pointing out the obvious gets you the label of conspiracy theorist on BHM...

Posted By: Harmonii
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 7:24am
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 8:50am
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

[QUOTE=SoutherNtellect]You're a conspiracy theorist
And quite frankly, you sound like lark[/QUOTE]

This bit is extra. So I'm aware of issues surrounding mental illness and don't like the exploitation of it by the entertainment media and that makes me incoherent? OK. Do you.

so is Southern.  you both can be advocates/aware of something but simply don't agree.

tbh--i would say she was manipulated if she didn't know the topic of the interview. 

btw=---not watching the video

-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B

Posted By: petiteone29
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 9:02am
this made me sad. she seems like she is really trying hard to make sense and not sound "off". mental illness is no joke man. i hope she gets better.

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 9:27am
yea. she definitely seems like she is bi-polar. It's so sad

-------------
God forgive me for my brash delivery
But I remember vividly what these streets did to me

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 9:31am
jolie, your posts are going on longer than the 1 minute video. Your point about the media in general may be valid, but you can't be getting all that from the video in the OP. The malicious intent of this one interview just isn't there. The media may want to be nosey and find out what's going on from the horse's mouth, but that doesn't mean they're "laughing at" her or her condition. 

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 9:33am
She lives with her mother who feels meds will not help her . Her last husband left her with a daughter . SMH.

-------------
God will never let you down.
Avi.. Bobby Brown and brother Tommy after singing at MY DAD Funeral. RIP..

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 9:38am
what happened since this morning?

-------------

Posted By: petiteone29
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 9:54am
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

She lives with her mother who feels meds will not help her . Her last husband left her with a daughter . SMH.

i wonder if he left because of her illness. and i wonder how her daughter copes with her mom being sick. i hope they find some meds that work for her.

Posted By: browneyez4548
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 9:54am
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

Poor girl.

Seems like both Cry

-------------

Posted By: JamCaygirl
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 9:55am
she has a daughter?

I hope she gets the help she needs

-------------
Out of many, one people.....
Happy 50th JAMAICA!

Posted By: keepgrowing
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 10:09am
Why were they cleaning the window outside during the interview? That was so distracting. Dead Anyways good luck to her. Can't really tell from that clip whether she has stage fright or if there is really an underlying condition.

-------------
You can't just walk in with a huge banana and expect everything to be peaches.

If you no know me brotha, I no like wahala.

Posted By: yaya24
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 10:12am
Poor Lisa.
I hope she gets well (if she is sick).

-------------
iRep ♥ Naija
TexLAXED 1.25.13'
SL starting alllll the way over. Watch me work.
APL 2013

<

Posted By: Gia2009
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 10:28am
Hope she gets better, but I couldn't understand a thing she was trying to say. Poor thing, she is all screwed up!

-------------
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker" rel="nofollow][/URL]
   <a href="http://www.myfitnesspal.com" target="_b

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 2:06pm

jolie, your posts are going on longer than the 1 minute video. Your point about the media in general may be valid, but you can't be getting all that from the video in the OP. The malicious intent of this one interview just isn't there. The media may want to be nosey and find out what's going on from the horse's mouth, but that doesn't mean they're "laughing at" her or her condition. 

The reason I have this stance is that before I ever saw this thread on BHM, I was watching TV and caught an Entertainment Tonight advertisement and the hook was : "Is Lark mentally ill"? That in itself shows a lot about intent. And then I come on here and click on the video and I see this girl struggling to form a coherent sentence and the interviewer looking at her like she's the stupidest thing she ever saw when she KNEW before hand that she was mentally ill, because even BHM has known for a while. So it's not a stretch to think that they don't care about embarassing the mentally ill as long as it brings ratings. I just think it's low of them. 

Posted By: nycdiva357
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 2:24pm
you seem to have a problem w/ them saying Is lark mentally ill?

did you want them to say Lark is mentally ill.
b/c without proof-- and proof is not her mama and screech saying she is.
but yes w/o proof making such a statement is liable to cause problems for them.

she appears to be sick-- and needs to make better decisions or have a team behind her that helps her to make choices.

but if she's not listening to her mom--- who knows who she will listen to.
she is still an adult and has final say in what she does.

-------------
He follows what I'm saying.. I aint gotta twitter shyt.

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by nycdiva357 nycdiva357 wrote:

you seem to have a problem w/ them saying Is lark mentally ill?

did you want them to say Lark is mentally ill.
b/c without proof-- and proof is not her mama and screech saying she is.
but yes w/o proof making such a statement is liable to cause problems for them.

she appears to be sick-- and needs to make better decisions or have a team behind her that helps her to make choices.

but if she's not listening to her mom--- who knows who she will listen to.
she is still an adult and has final say in what she does.

I have a problem with them putting her on display like that and exploiting her for ratings, KNOWING that she is mentally ill. You don't see them interviewing folks with diabetes for the sole purpose of "exposing" the diabetic. They are being sleezy in my opinion. Yes she is an adult but not of sound mind at the moment. It's not something that she can help, it's a disease, just like cancer is a disease

Posted By: Missvw
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 3:04pm
That was awkward 

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 3:12pm
they dont know anything.
they think they know... but without proof-- its just them assuming like the rest of us.

she is an adult... and if she wanted an outlet to go on TV/ the media and say-- hey they are lying on me (whether its true or not)... i think she should be given that outlet.

does this interview help her case? obviously not. but if thats what she wants to do.. i dont see why she should be deprived of that.

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 3:17pm

they dont know anything.
they think they know... but without proof-- its just them assuming like the rest of us.

she is an adult... and if she wanted an outlet to go on TV/ the media and say-- hey they are lying on me (whether its true or not)... i think she should be given that outlet.

does this interview help her case? obviously not. but if thats what she wants to do.. i dont see why she should be deprived of that.

Riiiiiight. You don't have to be a mental health professional to figure out that she has issues. This is not the first incident of hers that the media picked up on. You really believe that they put her on camera so "she could tell her side of the story"? OK, then. It's your opinion. I just don't believe in fairytales 

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 3:23pm
no where did i say you need to be a medical professional.

but as a media outlet that is trying to save yourself from slander and libel cases.
you need PROOF before you make certain statements.

gossip mags.. and hearsay... and third party opinions do not serve as proof.

-------------

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 3:26pm
Yall would probably diagnose me as mentally ill too.
She just sounds like she doesn't know how to make good analogies. 

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 3:29pm

no where did i say you need to be a medical professional.

but as a media outlet that is trying to save yourself from slander and libel cases.
you need PROOF before you make certain statements.

gossip mags.. and hearsay... and third party opinions do not serve as proof.

But why do they need proof of anything, really? She's a washed up actress who hasn't played in anything in centuries. She's no longer relevant and she isn't promoting anything. I forgot she even existed until the mental health threads about her started popping up. In light of this, wouldn't it be fair to say that she's suddenly on their radar because she's mentally ill? They know what they are doing and they are being very cynical with it.

So anyway, just saw that lark did this interview as a response to the People magazine article her mom did

Posted By: afrokock
bhm has a love hate relationship with lark

-------------
I just can't stand the negro british midget. He brings out the worst in me.....

I sometimes think AfroK is gay and either doesn't know it or won't admit to it..

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 3:31pm
you need proof before you start diagnosing ppl based on hearsay to avoid lawsuits.

yeah southern. both her mom and screech have been speaking publicly about her alleged mental issues
and this was her response.

-------------

Posted By: FarraFace
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 3:45pm
That was almost as hard to watch as that vid of Anna Nicole taken a few days before she died.  Looking like a clown and obviously stoned drugged out of her mind. Sleepy

I hope Lark gets the help she need. Disapprove

And Screetch need to sit his dirty sanchez'in ass down somewhere. He just nasty for no damn reason. Lark ain't nasty, but if she was, at least she'd have an excuse.

And if you don't already know what that means, don't google it.

Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Yall would probably diagnose me as mentally ill too.
She just sounds like she doesn't know how to make good analogies. 

Ermm

-------------

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 5:18pm
LOLCry

-------------
God will never let you down.
Avi.. Bobby Brown and brother Tommy after singing at MY DAD Funeral. RIP..

Posted By: tropical-punch
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 10:39pm
Lark sounded like she didn't know what the hell she was talking about. 

Posted By: Az~Maverick
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 10:58pm
She wasn't making sense at all and she did not look well. I feel so sorry for her Disapprove

Posted By: mrshairdo
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 11:33pm
jolie is right, the media was trying to manipulate her, there was nothing innocent about that ish

-------------
Y'all should be calling white ppl "Mizungus". Get into the movement!!

Date Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 12:06am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

bhm has a love hate relationship with lark

i see neither just concern for onceLOL

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 12:13am
When has bhm loved lark?

Print Page | Close Window