Print Page | Close Window

Whats a decision youve made that...

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=350694
Printed Date: Nov 21 2018 at 4:30am

Topic: Whats a decision youve made that...
Posted By: PiiNkBaYZeBrA
Subject: Whats a decision youve made that...
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 11:05pm
What's a decision you've made in your life that was looked down upon or didn't make sense to other people that you did anyway for your own happiness? I'm going through something right now and really need to see I'm not the only one.
Post as many stories as you wantWink 
Love ya sistas!!Tongue 

-PiinkBay

Replies:
Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 11:07pm
Nah, boo. You tell us first Stern Smile

-------------
yo

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 11:08pm
I haven't really done anything silly.

Posted By: FarraFace
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 11:09pm
*placeholder*

-------------

Posted By: Midwest_Da_Gawd
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 11:11pm
Dropping out of college.

Best decision of my life.

-------------
I'm fed up! *flips table*

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by FarraFace FarraFace wrote:

*placeholder*
Indeed.

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR

Posted By: PurrPoZe
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by Midwest_Da_Gawd Midwest_Da_Gawd wrote:

Dropping out of college.

For a semester..I called my mother @ 3am crying...I just wanted to go home so much was going on that she didnt understand....I came back full force though

-------------
cool

Posted By: Junior Jr
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 11:20pm
fck school

jr.

-------------

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 11:24pm
shacking up

-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 11:26pm
You get out of school what you put into it Wink

As far as the OPQ.... Nada as of yet but living abroad will probably be the main thing

-------------

Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 11:33pm
Left the false idols and the black church. Stopped loving this wicked society by coming back to my true nationality by following all the laws, statutes and commandments by the Most High to the best of my ability.

My parents think I'm crazy, that I'm too militant, serious or I'm following a cultOuch. They look down on me because I don't celebrate holidays or participate in foolywang. But I can honestly say that I haven't truly lived until I got into this truth. My whole spirit has changed; carnal things doesn't bother or confound me anymore.

-------------

Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 11:43pm
tri-colored quick weaves

Posted By: babyk94
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 12:14am
Dating my ex! my whole family hated him

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 12:24am
LOL

Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

tri-colored quick weaves

Posted By: bk2la981
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 12:50am
I say follow your heart, except if youre being a homewrecker. A homewrecker is the worst thing anything can be aside from a child molester or rapist or a drunk driver. Ok, homewrecker is #4 then. Fyi, ive never been a homewrecker.

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 12:53am
Had a baby at 16. Wasn't planned, but I knew the toll it would take on my family and everyone who had such high hopes. Best decision of my life. Graduated college at 20 for starters and the rest is uphill from there.....
I don't promote having babies out of wedlock but hey, if it happens...

Posted By: laceyfront
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 1:07am
What you trickin or something?

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 1:15am
Actually, nix that follow your heart crap. Your heart will lead you wrong a lot of the time. Use your head!

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 4:01am
LMAO LOL Yall are a mess! No, I'm not selling my body! LOL OR being a homewrecker!
I'm deciding if I should move back to my hometown where I'm happy or stick it out in this new state I'm in. Problem is, I already came here once for a few months and was in a TERRIBLE living situation so I left. Now I'm back because I thought things would change but they didn't, I'm still unhappy. I'm 18 and need to start college soon so I have to make this choice now. The mature/logical side of me is saying "stick it out" because I already left once but the other side is crying because I miss home. My family is not in favor of me going back. I have a job here which I hate because of these stale faced and RUDE old white women. I'm on the fence about everything...
SORRY ITS LONG! Tongue

Posted By: iSMILE13
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 5:36am
Originally posted by bk2la981 bk2la981 wrote:

Had a baby at 16. Wasn't planned, but I knew the toll it would take on my family and everyone who had such high hopes. Best decision of my life. Graduated college at 20 for starters and the rest is uphill from there.....
I don't promote having babies out of wedlock but hey, if it happens...
my story is very similar

Posted By: petiteone29
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 10:23am
purposely gaining weight.

Posted By: HaitianLuv
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 10:34am
get a breast reduction. I haven't yet, but its on my 2013 to do list if all goes well.I dont know why my family is so against surgery, if though its not for aesthetics but for my well-being. I would think they would want me to do what makes me happy and healthy..... fuq them though, cause im the one suffering, so i say do whats best for you. Aint nobody going to deal with it except for you, so why worry about them?

-------------

Posted By: yaya24
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 10:38am
Working during college.
My parents wanted me to be a "broke" college student and depend on them.
LOL

I chose to work with a great company during college.
I am still with them. No regrets. 

-------------
iRep ♥ Naija
TexLAXED 1.25.13'
SL starting alllll the way over. Watch me work.
APL 2013

<

Posted By: keepgrowing
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 10:55am
Taking time off between school. Everyone in my family was against it. So happy I did it though. 

-------------
You can't just walk in with a huge banana and expect everything to be peaches.

If you no know me brotha, I no like wahala.

Posted By: Cali naps
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 10:58am
Changing schools and leaving home early. I also get a hard time for smoking but it has helped me in many ways.

-------------
"I'll give you an eighth of my mind, go smoke it, now tell all your friends how my thoughts are so potent"-Roach Gigz

Posted By: lovelife
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 11:07am
getting my lip pierced. for some reason, my aunts and grandma think it's for sucking dick Ermm now most of my cousins and my nieces have them and they still say the same thing to them Sleepy

-------------
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 11:29am
Originally posted by lovelife lovelife wrote:

getting my lip pierced. for some reason, my aunts and grandma think it's for sucking dick Ermm now most of my cousins and my nieces have them and they still say the same thing to them Sleepy
Thats different. I've only heard people say tongue piercings are for sucking.

-------------
"I'll give you an eighth of my mind, go smoke it, now tell all your friends how my thoughts are so potent"-Roach Gigz

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 11:30am
I also get a hard time for not trusting my parents/some of my family and keeping them at a distance.

-------------

Posted By: Prazol60
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 11:31am
Moved my broke ass to another country. Do what you want....people might not like it at first but that is usaly because they are scared. Once they see you are happy, they will be happy and support you. 

Posted By: lovelife
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 11:37am
Originally posted by Cali naps Cali naps wrote:

my family likes to make things up. they like to have a reason to talk ishhhh. apparently i dropped out of college even though i'm graduating next month Sleepy

-------------
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 11:38am
Originally posted by PiiNkBaYZeBrA PiiNkBaYZeBrA wrote:

LMAO LOL Yall are a mess! No, I'm not selling my body! LOL OR being a homewrecker!
I'm deciding if I should move back to my hometown where I'm happy or stick it out in this new state I'm in. Problem is, I already came here once for a few months and was in a TERRIBLE living situation so I left. Now I'm back because I thought things would change but they didn't, I'm still unhappy. I'm 18 and need to start college soon so I have to make this choice now. The mature/logical side of me is saying "stick it out" because I already left once but the other side is crying because I miss home. My family is not in favor of me going back. I have a job here which I hate because of these stale faced and RUDE old white women. I'm on the fence about everything...
SORRY ITS LONG! Tongue

HA long, wait to you are in college and this will be nothing.
You don't have to start college right now. Sometimes it is better to wait if you are unsure of stuff and not really settled. Next, we all have horrible people we have or had to work with. You might have this as a one off thing but I doubt it. Unless it is truly unbearable keep in mind that you are learning a lesson at a young age. Some people are 30 and always getting a new job because they don't like their co-workers. They stay making an entry level income. Missing your family is normal. For myself it took a good 1.5 years to get over being homesick and comparing Holland to the US. The first few month I was in 7th heaven then reality came crashing in. What you are feeling is totally normal. At 18, you can move back and forth. Do it, explore the world and gain new experiences. Whatever you decide I hope it works for you.

Posted By: _ConcreteRose_
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 11:39am
Becoming a Cowboys fanStern Smile

-------------
https://40.media.tumblr.com/5ba9e0be75128d9fefb41178032b37f9/tumblr_nm5ltoJrGx1skqlxjo1_540.jpg

Posted By: MinnyMiss16
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by Midwest_Da_Gawd Midwest_Da_Gawd wrote:

Dropping out of college.

What are you doing now? If thats not too personal of a question.

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 12:22pm

my family likes to make things up. they like to have a reason to talk ishhhh. apparently i dropped out of college even though i'm graduating next month Sleepy
Damn and congrats on graduating next month Smile

-------------

Posted By: sbrownie84
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 12:58pm

I also get a hard time for not trusting my parents/some of my family and keeping them at a distance.

PLUS ONE. I'm happier away from them. 

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 12:59pm
Left my job about 7 years to pursue my dream in another country with little to no money saved...oh well 

Posted By: BeatriceBean
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 1:03pm
I left a great job in lobbying to go back to teaching. I don't know if it was more out of guilt or for my happiness, but I left the job and I don't regret it.

And getting my Ph.D for NO reason other than wanting to be in school again.

-------------
Life is good!

Posted By: herwoman
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

Life must suck for you

-------------
Creator of For The People(FTP)

Go VT!

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 1:37pm
move to the projects

-------------
God forgive me for my brash delivery
But I remember vividly what these streets did to me

Posted By: Flowing-Ice
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 1:39pm
choosing not to go to a better uni to stay close to home. 

-------------
And Jean Paul Gaultier and a Hermes bag and four inch tips made of ostrich ;Sharp enough to slit your wrists her lips spread gossip ;Won't say sorry when she offends

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

move to the projects

wow...why?

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 8:30pm
So what should I say to the people who are going to look down on me for coming back AGAIN? Cry I have to start college in January btw

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 8:34pm
follow Christ.

lost lots of ppl in my life cause of that choice....and im glad theyre gone.Tongue

-------------

Posted By: Maple Syrup
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 8:57pm
Leaving my Graduate program

-------------
I don't like you human
You remind me of the things I hate in me
I don't like you human
Cause you show me how imperfect I can be
Human
You're so lonely lonely lonely
Human

-Human, Oh Land

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

Cry I swear.......we out here looking mighty bad (in my Miss Sophia vc)

-------------
When I read some of the post on BHM.

Posted By: keepgrowing
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 9:02pm

So what should I say to the people who are going to look down on me for coming back AGAIN? Cry I have to start college in January btw

moving because you are starting college in a different area is easier than just moving to a new place for a job or whatever the reason might be. college is fun; instant friends, things to do etc. But when u just up and move like work and so forth, it isn't as easy especially when you have no family or friends there. takes time to get used to a place.

-------------
You can't just walk in with a huge banana and expect everything to be peaches.

If you no know me brotha, I no like wahala.

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by keepgrowing keepgrowing wrote:

moving because you are starting college in a different area is easier than just moving to a new place for a job or whatever the reason might be. college is fun; instant friends, things to do etc. But when u just up and move like work and so forth, it isn't as easy especially when you have no family or friends there. takes time to get used to a place.

It's a community college though...

Date Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 4:00am
Tell them to kiss your black ass or you can just say you moved back to reevaluate your options in these tough economic times. 

Posted By: JGCwayZeBaby
Date Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 9:13am
I understand your situation... in the end you live with your decisions, the people that look down on them most likely don't have to. 
After my sophmore year of college I wasn't sure where I was going with my major so I enrolled in cosmetology school during the fall of what was supposed to be my junior year. Some people were happy for me and admired that I wasn't afraid to change my path. Some people looked down on me (like they don't come to me for hair advice & pay to get their hair done by others). I'll never understand it. I didn't leave to sit around and be a bum and there are limitless careers in the beauty industry...
I graduated cosmetology school in May and the time away from college help put things into perspective for me. I have clearer goals to work toward. I'm back at my university in January picking up where I left off, but now a licensed professional, and academically striving for more than I was before I went to cosmetology school. 

Posted By: SWEETBREAD
Date Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 9:13am

Originally posted by keepgrowing keepgrowing wrote:

It's a community college though...
U dont have to say anything to anyone...........u can change your mind as many times as you please.Set goals and stick to them,you dont want to be back and forth out of school.

Posted By: melly
Date Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 9:25am
dropping out of a fashion program from a well known school. the school is very popular but I didnt like the program , the school, and the teachers and the administration was so disorganized.   I felt like I didnt fit in with the school and people and I wasnt happy there.
   I dont regret leaving that program one bit even though that almost ten years ago. my mother was very dissapointed and she still talks about it and even though I've moved on, decided to pursue higher education a few years after that and eventually graduate and get my degree.

Posted By: melly
Date Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 9:29am
Originally posted by Maple Syrup Maple Syrup wrote:

Leaving my Graduate program

What were you studying?

Print Page | Close Window