Print Page | Close Window

Wealthy donors are angry at Republicans

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=350679
Printed Date: Jan 21 2018 at 7:29am

Topic: Wealthy donors are angry at Republicans
Posted By: zsazsa
Subject: Wealthy donors are angry at Republicans
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 3:06pm
LOL

Mitt Romney thanks wealthy donors as Republican strategists search for blame

Romney discusses the campaign failure with donors as fireworks are packed away and Republicans bicker about what went wrong

•  in Washington

• http://www.guardian.co.uk/" rel="nofollow - guardian.co.uk , 
  • http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/nov/08/romney-donors-republican-strategists-blame#start-of-comments" rel="nofollow -
    Mitt romney boston
    More brutal Republican critics blamed Mitt Romney for his own loss, describing him as bland, with no clear message Photograph: David Goldman/AP

Recriminations were flying in Republican circles on Thursday as  http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/mittromney" rel="nofollow - Mitt Romney  wound up his campaign, thanking donors and staff, after his defeat at the polls on Tuesday.

His Boston headquarters and field offices across the country were being cleared and an office in Washington where preparations had been under way to prepare for transition to the White House if he had won was ordered to be cleared by Friday.

The security detail that followed him around for months has been withdrawn and his codename Javelin has been de-activated.

The  http://www.boston.com/politicalintelligence/2012/11/08/mitt-romney-planned-boston-harbor-fireworks-show-that-was-scotched-election-loss/qmgtVKPq4zNnDyb9FbLWeJ/story.html" rel="nofollow - Boston Globe disclosed  that Romney had planned to celebrate a win over Obama on Tuesday night or early Wednesday morning with an eight-minute fireworks display over Boston harbour.

Instead, after Romney conceded, the fireworks were unloaded from barges and taken back to the organising company's store in New Hampshire.

In Boston, Romney met some of his wealthiest donors on Wednesday, both to thank them but also to offer an analysis of what had gone wrong.

Some of his staff as well as  http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/republicans" rel="nofollow - Republicans  outside his immediate campaign circle offered a range of explanations. One of the commonest was that Romney had lost vital campaign days last week because of hurricane Sandy.

More brutal Republican critics blamed the candidate, describing him as bland, with no clear message. Others said that the Romney organisation fell far short of the superior Obama one in identifying and getting out voters.

With the result in Florida still not declared, there is no final figure for the share of the popular vote. But it is unlikely to change significantly from Obama with Obama on 51% – down from 53% in 2008 – to Romney's 48%.

In spite of more than $1bn spent by Romney and his supporters and fighting an incumbent presiding over high unemployment, Romney only managed to improve by two percentage points on the 2008 Republican challenger John McCain.

An conservative commentator who enjoys a large following, Erick Erickson, founder of the conservative blog  http://www.redstate.com/" rel="nofollow - RedState , described Romney's approach to Latinos as atrocious.

"Frankly, the fastest-growing demographic in America isn't going to vote for a party that sounds like that party hates brown people," Erickson said.

One of the targets for conservative ire was George W Bush's former strategist,  http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/karl-rove" rel="nofollow - Karl Rove , co-founder of Crossroads, one of the biggest http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/super-pacs" rel="nofollow - Super Pacs  that raised hundreds of millions for the campaign, much of it from rich donors.

The Huffington Post  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/07/republican-reckoning-defeat_n_2090510.html" rel="nofollow - quoted a Republican saying : "The billionaire donors I hear are livid. There is some holy hell to pay. Karl Rove has a lot of explaining to do … I don't know how you tell your donors that we spent $390m and got nothing."

In the first sign of Republicans already looking beyond this election to 2016, senator Marco Rubio, already touted as the front-runner, announced he is to hold a meeting next week in Iowa, whose caucus normally marks the start of the nomination process.

Obama's senior adviser, David Axelrod, said the Republicans had "painted themselves out of the mainstream". He said: "The Republican party is going to have some soul-searching to do: whether they are going to represent the  http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/usa" rel="nofollow - United States  of America as it is and not based on some 50-year-old model."

He had found heartening that the super-PACs had not had much impact. "You can't buy the White House. You can't overwhelm Congress with this money," he said. In a swipe directly at the co-founder of the Crossroads super-PAC, Karl Rove, he said that if he had been one of the donors to Crossroads, he would be asking what happened. "They did not get much for their money."

Replies:
Posted By: *Belle*Femme*
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 3:07pm
Good shall always prevail over Evil. 
All praises be to Allah. 

-------------
My mind explodes

Posted By: breezin
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 3:10pm
LOL

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 3:13pm
can they write it off their taxes?

j/k

-------------

PEACE

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 3:15pm
I love it. Obama thanks and sheds tears for his donors and campaign team while Romney cuts their credit cards immediately and basically flips them off and tells them deuces.

-------------

Posted By: Butta Cookie
Somebody please post a Obama gif!

-------------
#TeamFitz-Scandal
#TeamTN-CEO

Posted By: BrownQtee
If he was so bland, why donate the money? Dumb as hell.

Posted By: **Sk!TtLeS B**
The  http://www.boston.com/politicalintelligence/2012/11/08/mitt-romney-planned-boston-harbor-fireworks-show-that-was-scotched-election-loss/qmgtVKPq4zNnDyb9FbLWeJ/story.html" rel="nofollow - Boston Globe disclosed  that Romney had planned to celebrate a win over Obama on Tuesday night or early Wednesday morning with an eight-minute fireworks display over Boston harbour.

ConfusedWhy are these people so stank, though? Let your supporters be ignant like that. Is a bit of class too much to ask for?

-------------
Im making a political statement every time I make my ass clap - Ru Paul

Posted By: Prazol60
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 3:17pm

Posted By: BeatriceBean
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 3:17pm

-------------
Life is good!

Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 3:20pm
LOL

Posted By: el_bandido
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 3:23pm
i woulda still did my fireworksStern Smile

-------------

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 3:24pm
commonest though LOL

they just werent thinking ... getting money from actual voters would gauge so many things that would actually lead to votes, how you are actually doing, etc

money from special interest groups will only get you money to push certain agendas which if it is counter to the voter's agenda ... well you get what they got

and they can quit with the how do we FOOL minorities into voting for us mess

Posted By: Flowing-Ice
how can you be so dumb? and keep backing someone you can see was losing in key states?
lol. well, good job. at least they were pumping money into the economy. 

-------------
And Jean Paul Gaultier and a Hermes bag and four inch tips made of ostrich ;Sharp enough to slit your wrists her lips spread gossip ;Won't say sorry when she offends

Posted By: PurplePhase
Originally posted by el_bandido el_bandido wrote:

i woulda still did my fireworksStern Smile

LOL

-------------

PEACE

Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 3:27pm
I've gotten into a few e-fights over this numbers thing

blacks numbers are dwindling while hispanic numbers are soaring

if we don't catch on to educational and economic advancement AND population growth ... we too will be left behind

a lot of the programs and anecdotes blacks seem to believe about not having children were put into place to prevent us from becoming the majority 

Posted By: FarraFace
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 3:28pm
A fool, his money, ya know? LOL

-------------

Posted By: bindy
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 3:30pm
"senator Marco Rubio, already touted as the front-runner, announced he is to hold a meeting next week in Iowa"LOL

Posted By: Butta Cookie
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 3:30pm
Awww poor Mitten's!

-------------
#TeamFitz-Scandal
#TeamTN-CEO

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 3:32pm
Oh well

-------------
yo

Posted By: bindy
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 3:34pm
The emperor has no clothes....

Posted By: Super22Star
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 3:49pm
Am I the only one that thinks Mitt kept a whooole lot of that campain money in his pocket??

-------------
~VivaLaJuicy~

Posted By: OrriannaRose
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by zsazsa zsazsa wrote:

"Frankly, the fastest-growing demographic in America isn't going to vote for a party that sounds like that party hates brown people," Erickson said.

In the first sign of Republicans already looking beyond this election to 2016, senator Marco Rubio, already touted as the front-runner, announced he is to hold a meeting next week in Iowa, whose caucus normally marks the start of the nomination process.

I can't wait to see how they try and package this Rubio fellow.

-------------

Posted By: OrriannaRose
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

if we don't catch on to educational and economic advancement AND population growth ... we too will be left behind

a lot of the programs and anecdotes blacks seem to believe about not having children were put into place to prevent us from becoming the majority 

-------------

Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 9:07pm
Damn he planned to rub it in if he would  have won huh? 

-------------
Laws are not written to protect children and women. They are written to protect MEN. - TokyoRose (truncated unfortunately)

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by Super22Star Super22Star wrote:

Am I the only one that thinks Mitt kept a whooole lot of that campain money in his pocket??
I agree. I hope they ask for proof. BIG DUMMIES .

-------------
God will never let you down.
Avi.. Bobby Brown and brother Tommy after singing at MY DAD Funeral. RIP..

Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 9:18pm

Id like to see some charges over the voting machine trickery

Posted By: Jr1127
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

I've gotten into a few e-fights over this numbers thing

What are you trying to that the majority would be hispanic?? Cause we don't have as many children as hispanic?

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 10:45pm
interesting--says Obama didn't need the black vote to win the first time..but he needed it this time

Election Data Dive

By CHARLES M. BLOW

Since this may be my last column about the 2012 elections, let’s have some fun. Allow me to arm you with  http://elections.nytimes.com/2012/results/president" rel="nofollow - a collection of facts and data about the election results  that you can use at your next cocktail party, during your next coffee break or during your next P.T.A. meeting.

First, a comment about the exit polls from which most of these data are drawn: They were conducted only in 30 states. And, unfortunately, the balance of states polled tilted heavily toward those won by President Obama. Of the 25 states Obama won, exit polls were conducted in all but three. Obama also won the District of Columbia, which had no exit polls. Of the 24 states Mitt Romney won, exit polls were conducted only in eight.

(Obama is leading in Florida, which would be a 26th state won by Obama and a state for which there are exit polls. However, The New York Times had not yet called the state at the time of publication.)

With those caveats, let’s dive in:

• My analysis of the 2008 election found that even if every black person in America had stayed home on Election Day, Obama would still have won the presidency. That’s because the white vote and Hispanic vote were strong enough to push him over the needed 270 votes to win the Electoral College.

This year is a different story. This year, his path to victory required a broader coalition.

Without the Democratic black vote joining with that of liberal whites and Hispanics on Tuesday, Obama would likely have lost half the states that he won. This fact may embolden those who say that the president should more directly address issues facing the African-American community.

• There may have been a backlash against voter suppression laws, bringing more minorities to the polls, not fewer. The share of Hispanic voters rose in many states won by Obama. That can be attributed both to the surging Hispanic population in the country and to the Obama campaign’s incredible get-out-the-vote operation. It is less clear why the black vote held steady or grew in many of those states. In Ohio, for example, blacks jumped from being 11 percent of the voters in 2008 to 15 percent this year. Threaten to steal something, and its owner’s grip grows tighter.

• Romney won nine of the 11 states that were once in the Confederacy.

• Romney also won eight of the 10 states with the lowest population density: Alaska, Wyoming, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Idaho, Nebraska and Utah. Obama won New Mexico and Nevada. (Hello. Hello. Hello. Is there an echo in here?)

• Romney’s biggest margin of victory came in Utah, home of the Mormon Church. Utah was one of three states in which Romney won every county. The other two were West Virginia and Oklahoma. Obama won every county in four states: Hawaii, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Vermont.

• This year was the first presidential election in which there were more Asian-American voters (11 percent) in California than African-American ones (8 percent). In 2008, 6 percent were Asian-American and 10 percent were African-American. In fact, there were more Asian-American voters than African-American voters in Washington and Oregon, the other two Pacific Coast states, this year, too.

• Among the states in which exit polls were conducted, Obama won the lowest percentage of the white vote in the state with the highest percentage of black voters. That state was the ever-reliable Mississippi, where Romney made his famous “I like grits” comment. Thirty-six percent of the voters in Mississippi are black. Obama won a mere 10 percent of the white vote there.

Conversely, Obama won one of his highest percentages of white voters in the state with the fewest minority voters: Maine. Ninety-five percent of Maine’s voters were white, and 57 percent of them voted for Obama. That ties with one other state for the highest percent of whites voting for Obama: Massachusetts, where 86 percent of the voters are white.

In fact, Obama won the white vote only in states with small minority voting populations. The others Obama won were Iowa (93 percent white), New Hampshire (93 percent white), Oregon (88 percent white), Connecticut (79 percent white) and Washington State (76 percent white).

This is quite a curious phenomenon.

• Obama won all four states that begin with “New” (New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico and New York), but he lost all five that begin with a direction (North Carolina, South Carolina, North Dakota, South Dakota and West Virginia). O.K., I threw that one in for fun.

Now, political junkies, go forth and spout facts!

-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B

Posted By: PurrPoZe
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 10:51pm
What went wrong? Whites are being out numbered & minorities are voting

-------------
cool

Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 10:54pm

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by FarraFace FarraFace wrote:

this is gold

-------------
cool

Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 10:59pm
I know right?!

-------------

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by FarraFace FarraFace wrote:

I am not surprised at all. Smile

*Snickers*

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR

Posted By: Junior Jr
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 11:05pm
i dont think the wealthy donors live in those red states

i saw a lot of hate on my tl this morning and i couldn't be mad at em. if u pull in that kinda $ daily, you'd be mad too

jr.

-------------

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 11:29pm
oh i tried to post this chart and failed massively lol
it also serves as a map of where i need to live Stern Smile

-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B

Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by Junior Jr Junior Jr wrote:

i dont think the wealthy donors live in those red states

i saw a lot of hate on my tl this morning and i couldn't be mad at em. if u pull in that kinda $ daily, you'd be mad too

jr.

right? you're fooling yourself if you believe that the red states citizens are the demons. 

-------------
And Jean Paul Gaultier and a Hermes bag and four inch tips made of ostrich ;Sharp enough to slit your wrists her lips spread gossip ;Won't say sorry when she offends

Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 11:56pm
The donors are just ppl who think like those red necks...only difference is they have money...dont see how they aren't the demons

-------------
cool

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 12:01am
Originally posted by PurrPoZe PurrPoZe wrote:

The donors are just ppl who think like those red necks...only difference is they have money...dont see how they aren't the demons

you think that the donors and the rednecks have things in common?
other than voting republican.

no... they don't. 

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 12:06am
the republican party relies on both .... their popular votes come from red states, their agenda and money come from wealthy donors

yes they are completely different demographics but neither of their ideologies benefit the majority of minorities

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 12:06am
Originally posted by Flowing-Ice Flowing-Ice wrote:

Originally posted by PurrPoZe PurrPoZe wrote:

you think that the donors and the rednecks have things in common?
other than voting republican.

no... they don't. 

So rich white men aren't racist? Learn something new everyday

-------------
cool

Print Page | Close Window