Print Page | Close Window

CIA Director David Petraeus Resigns, Cites Affair

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=350678
Printed Date: Nov 18 2018 at 8:21am

Topic: CIA Director David Petraeus Resigns, Cites Affair
Posted By: PurplePhase
Subject: CIA Director David Petraeus Resigns, Cites Affair
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 2:34pm
care?

CIA Director David Petraeus resigns, cites extramarital affair

CIA Director David Petraeus resigned Friday, citing an extramarital affair and "extremely poor judgement."

In a letter released to the CIA work force on Friday afternoon, Petraeus disclosed the affair, and wrote: "Such behavior is unacceptable, both as a husband and as the leader of an organization such as ours."

President Obama "graciously accepted my resignation," he wrote. 

Petraeus was appointed CIA director in April 2011, replacing Leon Panetta, who moved to the Pentagon to become defense secretary.

Petraeus served as commander of the war in Afghanistan in 2010-2011. Because of that role, he was seen as  http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42778553/ns/politics-white_house/t/sources-petraeus-be-nominated-head-cia/" rel="nofollow - bringing a “customer’s eye” to the intelligence job . Before that, he served as commander of the U.S. Central Command and as the commanding general of U.S. forces in Iraq.

Multiple sources tell NBC News that Mike Morrell, the deputy CIA director and a longtime CIA officer, would likely be offered the job as acting director but with the understanding that he may be elevated to the job permanently at some point.

Here is the full text of Petraeus' letter:

HEADQUARTERS Central Intelligence Agency

9 November 2012
Yesterday afternoon, I went to the White House and asked the President to be allowed, for personal reasons, to resign from my position as D/CIA.  After being married for over 37 years, I showed extremely poor judgment by engaging in an extramarital affair.  Such behavior is unacceptable, both as a husband and as the leader of an organization such as ours.  This afternoon, the President graciously accepted my resignation.

As I depart Langley, I want you to know that it has been the greatest of privileges to have served with you, the officers of our Nation's Silent Service, a work force that is truly exceptional in every regard.  Indeed, you did extraordinary work on a host of critical missions during my time as director, and I am deeply grateful to you for that.

Teddy Roosevelt once observed that life's greatest gift is the opportunity to work hard at work worth doing.  I will always treasure my opportunity to have done that with you and I will always regret the circumstances that brought that work with you to an end.
Thank you for your extraordinary service to our country, and best wishes for continued success in the important endeavors that lie ahead for our country and our Agency.

With admiration and appreciation,
David H. Petraeus

=========================================

UPDATE:

Paula Broadwell, David Petraeus Biographer, Reportedly Woman Involved In CIA Director's Affair: Slate

Paula Broadwell, a Harvard researcher who co-wrote a biography of David Petraeus, is the woman with whom the retired four-star general had an affair, prompting his abrupt resignation on Friday as director of the CIA, according to Slate's Fred Kaplan.

Broadwell co-authored "All In: The Education of General David Petraeus," which was released in earlier this year. According to her website, she was embedded with the general in Afghanistan from July 2010 to July 2011 and was "afforded extensive access by General Petraeus, his mentors, his subordinates, and his longtime friends."

MSNBC's Richard Engel reported on Friday evening that the FBI is conducting an ongoing investigation into Broadwell to see whether she had improper access to Petraeus' emails and may have seen classified information. Engel added that it doesn't appear that any charges are going to be filed, and that Petraeus himself is not being investigated.

From the Associated Press:

Officials say revelations about the affair that led to Friday's resignation of CIA Director David Petraeus were discovered in the course of an FBI investigation.

The officials, briefed on what led to the CIA director's sudden resignation, spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to publicly discuss the matter.

It was unclear what the FBI was investigating or when it discovered the Petraeus affair.

Broadwell, like Petraeus, graduated from the United States Military Academy at West Point, according to a biography on her website.

Just last month, Broadwell wrote "General David Petraeus’s Rules for Living" for Newsweek/The Daily Beast.

The fifth of the 12 "Lessons on leadership" from the general is "We all will make mistakes." She wrote, "The key is to recognize them and admit them, to learn from them, and to take off the rear view mirrors -- drive on and avoid making them again."

Petraeus has been married to Holly Petraeus for 37 years. The couple became engaged while they were in college and have two children.

-------------

PEACE

Replies:
Posted By: danni7
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 2:37pm
Oooohhhhhh really. I wonder what's the real reason he quit

Posted By: FarraFace
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 2:38pm
Interesting...

ETA: Don't care ATM.

ETFA: If he quit cuz he got caught cheating and was about to be exposed, I'm glad he quit. Not because he's a heaux, but because he's careless/reckless. If you head of the CIA, I expect you to be able to creep covertly. If you can't, you are not fit for the job.

-------------

Posted By: Prazol60
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 2:38pm
Stupid reason to quit. As long as what he was doing wasn't illegal that was between him and his wife. 

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 2:39pm
Wow ... you'd think that the CIA director wouldve been more methodical 

but there may have been some cover up, abuse of power and what not that would make him unfit

Posted By: CamiK
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by danni7 danni7 wrote:

Didn't wanna serve under Obama?

-------------
Last thing I wanna do is hurt you, but its still on my list..

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 2:41pm
yikes

-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B

Posted By: BrownQtee
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 2:41pm
Wise choice. Doesn't matter if it has nothing to do with his job. When you are in such a high powered position, everything is fair game.

Posted By: Flowing-Ice
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 2:43pm
this sounds like a cover up. 

-------------
And Jean Paul Gaultier and a Hermes bag and four inch tips made of ostrich ;Sharp enough to slit your wrists her lips spread gossip ;Won't say sorry when she offends

Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 2:43pm
so close after the election ... interesting

Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by CamiK CamiK wrote:

Originally posted by danni7 danni7 wrote:

Didn't wanna serve under Obama?

like he has been doing?

wonder if he did anything to help mitt

Posted By: joileprincess
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 2:48pm
Did I miss the headlines about the mistress and whatever scandal?

Or is this preemptive?

What is this really about?

Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 2:51pm
I don't believe this one bit.

Posted By: Jess
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 2:51pm
Who did he check with?
I didn't know Langley was a real place.  I thought it was made up for Homeland.

-------------

Posted By: James Avery
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 2:55pm
he's going to try to get the sec of state or head of cia positions imho.

nvrmnd see he's already had that title.

-------------
God bless

Posted By: Claudie
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 2:56pm
Good riddance!  A snake under grass.

-------------
"A lie has speed, but truth has endurance." - Edgar J. Mohn

Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by FarraFace FarraFace wrote:

Interesting...

ETA: Don't care ATM.

ETFA: If he quit cuz he got caught cheating and was about to be exposed, I'm glad he quit. Not because he's a heaux, but because he's careless/reckless. If you head of the CIA, I expect you to be able to creep covertly. If you can't, you are not fit for the job.

exactly what I think he meant by 'extremely poor judgement'

-------------

PEACE

Posted By: SeducTress
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 3:11pm

Posted By: breezin
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 3:15pm
I don't think his so called affair had anything to do with him leaving, but let his cheatin ass go.  He was a former Bush puppet anyway.  BUH BYE!!!  

Posted By: exoticmami06
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 3:17pm

BS

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by breezin breezin wrote:

I don't think his so called affair had anything to do with him leaving, but let his cheatin ass go.  He was a former Bush puppet anyway.  BUH BYE!!!  

I concur !!  Benghazi did him in.

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 3:22pm
I'm mad he's embarrassing his wife with a lie tho. Now, she has to divorce him or else she looks pathetic lol.

-------------

PEACE

Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 3:25pm
His wife ain't goin no where. She prolly creepin her damn self. LOL

-------------

Posted By: freedom76
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 3:26pm
It is ILLEGAL to have an affair in the military, guys. It is against UCMJ. I believe it. We have no idea who is was having the affair with. That is what I want to know. Or his wife was like "you tell the truth or I will tell _____________*insert something extremely embarrassing* Good riddance.

-------------
I find women that encourage double standards on other women disgusting./femmefatale85

Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by freedom76 freedom76 wrote:

It is ILLEGAL to have an affair in the military, guys. It is against UCMJ. I believe it. We have no idea who is was having the affair with. That is what I want to know. Or his wife was like "you tell the truth or I will tell _____________*insert something extremely embarrassing* Good riddance.

That's what I thought. I wonder if she's/affair in the military too.

-------------

PEACE

Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 3:34pm
It's illegal?  Well, I'm relieved loyalty and your word/vow mean something ... eh eh!

Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

That's what I thought. I wonder if she's/affair in the military too.
Yup...probably some enlisted soldier....seen it happen too many times to count.

-------------
I find women that encourage double standards on other women disgusting./femmefatale85

Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by Jess Jess wrote:

Who did he check with?

Gurl.........Disapprove

-------------

Posted By: starflower7
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 3:39pm
When will these men learn?

-------------
"I give to the needy...and not the greedy!"

"Mm hm that's right!"

Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by starflower7 starflower7 wrote:

They never will.

-------------

Posted By: Harmonii
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by SeducTress SeducTress wrote:

<!-- bmi_SafeAddOnload(bmi_load,"bmi_orig_img",0);//-->

Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 3:56pm

His wife ain't goin no where. She prolly creepin her damn self. LOL

Hey Farra Big smile, I concur.  She is not going anywhere.

-------------

Posted By: cvzx
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by Flowing-Ice Flowing-Ice wrote:

this sounds like a cover up. 

Hmm, I wonder...

Posted By: tasty0619
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 6:17pm

Who did he check with?

LOLLOLLOL

really?!

-------------
Visit my accessory store to view my handmade designs!! www.etsy.com/shop/modishness

Posted By: tasty0619
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by SeducTress SeducTress wrote:

Lmao I pictured her talking all fast saying "You are going to go out there and tell them that you had an affair. Tell them that you regretfully resign from your position and we will be able to control the fallout."

-------------
Visit my accessory store to view my handmade designs!! www.etsy.com/shop/modishness

Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 6:42pm
The alleged other woman, Paula Broadwell:

I guess it's true, coochie has no face. Dead

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 6:50pm

Paula Broadwell, David Petraeus Biographer, Reportedly Woman Involved In CIA Director's Affair: Slate

http://www.paulabroadwell.com/#%21authors" rel="nofollow - Paula Broadwell , a Harvard researcher who co-wrote a biography of David Petraeus, is the woman with whom the retired four-star general had an affair, prompting his abrupt http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/09/david-petraeus-resigns-cia-director-affair_n_2103094.html" rel="nofollow - resignation on Friday as director of the CIA , according to http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2012/11/09/petraeus_resigns_over_affair_with_biographer.html" rel="nofollow - Slate's Fred Kaplan.

Broadwell co-authored "All In: The Education of General David Petraeus," which was released in earlier this year. According to her website, she was embedded with the general in Afghanistan from July 2010 to July 2011 and was "afforded extensive access by General Petraeus, his mentors, his subordinates, and his longtime friends."

MSNBC's Richard Engel reported on Friday evening that http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/11/09/15056607-petraeus-biographer-paula-broadwell-under-fbi-investigation-over-access-to-his-email-law-enforcement-officials-say" rel="nofollow - the FBI is conducting an ongoing investigation into Broadwell to see whether she had improper access to Petraeus' emails and may have seen classified information. Engel added that it doesn't appear that any charges are going to be filed, and that Petraeus himself is not being investigated.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/09/david-petraeus-fbi-investigation-affair-revelation_n_2104429.html?1352502414" rel="nofollow - From the Associated Press :

Officials say revelations about the affair that led to Friday's resignation of CIA Director David Petraeus were discovered in the course of an FBI investigation.

The officials, briefed on what led to the CIA director's sudden resignation, spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to publicly discuss the matter.

It was unclear what the FBI was investigating or when it discovered the Petraeus affair.

Broadwell, like Petraeus, graduated from the United States Military Academy at West Point, http://www.paulabroadwell.com/" rel="nofollow - according to a biography on her website .

Just last month, Broadwell wrote " http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2012/11/04/general-david-petraeus-s-rules-for-living.html" rel="nofollow - General David Petraeus’s Rules for Living " for Newsweek/The Daily Beast.

The fifth of the 12 "Lessons on leadership" from the general is "We all will make mistakes." She wrote, "The key is to recognize them and admit them, to learn from them, and to take off the rear view mirrors -- drive on and avoid making them again."

Petraeus has been http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/09/holly-petraeus-david-petraeus-wife_n_2103966.html" rel="nofollow - married to Holly Petraeus for 37 years. The couple became engaged while they were in college and have two children.

-------------

PEACE

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 7:02pm
How dumb of him. You had to resign the job you worked your whole career for some vagina? C'mon now.Dead

Po thang's career is about to take a hit now too. Plus she's married with kids too. I don't know what she was thinking either but hope they both thought it was worth it.

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR

Posted By: Junior Jr
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 7:18pm
so....a man who's at the top of our clandestine services can get found out for cheating?

my cousin was right, we're not safe at all

jr.

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 7:24pm

I should have checked for recent posts before I posted.
LOL

-------------

PEACE

Posted By: Addicted19034
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 7:40pm
She's not completely bad looking.

She's nothing special, but at least she's not looking like that dinosaur baby britt girl

Posted By: Addicted19034
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by freedom76 freedom76 wrote:

They never will.

Say it again sister

Posted By: purple.chuckz
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 7:43pm
Another sight said it looked like somebody was trying to hack into his computer. She got waaay too comfortable and blew their cover. 

The fr.icking irony of this  interview

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-january-25-2012/paula-broadwell" rel="nofollow - http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-january-25-2012/paula-broadwell

-------------
Women are not the problem. they are the solution.

Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by purple.chuckz purple.chuckz wrote:

Another sight said it looked like somebody was trying to hack into his computer. She got waaay too comfortable and blew their cover. 

The fr.icking irony of this  interview

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-january-25-2012/paula-broadwell" rel="nofollow - http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-january-25-2012/paula-broadwell

ironic indeed

-------------

PEACE

Posted By: Prtybrwneye_z
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 8:20pm
It will be interesting to see how all this unfolds cuz they are already saying that the White House likely knew about this before the election....and the pundits can't wait to start

Posted By: Tbaby
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 8:26pm

Interesting choice of words, lol

-------------
Everyone has a role in life. We all can't be CEO's somebody gotta take the orders at Mickey D's & the KFC's -Jewelsync

Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 8:35pm
Best place to hide your heaux is in plain site.

If only they hadn't gotten so comfortable....

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 8:50pm
OMGee
something was picked up on the govt email filtering system when they used phrase--'under the desk'. NSA thought it  was referring to something underhanded /spy stuff going on under the table so they started checking up on him. Turns out it was referring to them having sex under the desk.  That's how it came out. Wow!

-------------------------------

Petraeus, who had a distinguished military career, revealed no additional details. However, an FBI source says the investigation began when American intelligence mistook an email Petraeus had sent to his girlfriend as a reference to corruption. Petraeus was commander of U.S. Forces in Afghanistan from July 4, 2010 until July 18, 2011.

The investigation began last spring, but the FBI then pored over his emails when he was stationed in Afghanistan.

The woman who was having an affair with Petraeus is a journalist who had been writing about him.

Given his top secret clearance and the fact that Petraeus is married, the FBI continued to investigate and intercept Petraeus’ email exchanges with the woman. The emails include sexually explicit references to such items as sex under a desk.

Such a relationship is a breach of top secret security requirements and could have compromised Petraeus.

At some point after Petraeus was sworn in as CIA director on Sept. 6, 2011, the woman broke up with him. However, Petraeus continued to pursue her, sending her thousands of emails over the last several months, raising even more questions about his judgment.

Neither Petraeus nor the CIA’s Office of Public Affairs had any immediate comment.

FBI agents on the case expected that Petraeus would be asked to resign immediately rather than risk the possibility that he could be blackmailed to give intelligence secrets to foreign intelligence agencies or criminals. In addition, his pursuit of the woman could have distracted him as the CIA was giving Congress reports on the attack on the Benghazi consulate on Sept. 11.

The White House, with concurrence by the FBI and Justice Department, held off on asking for Petraeus’ resignation until after the election. His resignation occurred three days after the election, avoiding the possibility that Obama’s ill-fated appointment of Petraeus could become an issue in the election.

FBI agents on the case were aware that such a decision had been made to hold off on forcing him out until after the election and were outraged.

“The decision was made to delay the resignation apparently to avoid potential embarrassment to the president before the election,” an FBI source says. “To leave him in such a sensitive position where he was vulnerable to potential blackmail for months compromised our security and is inexcusable.”

Michael Kortan, the FBI’s assistant director for public affairs, said he had no comment.

Ronald Kessler is chief Washington correspondent of Newsmax.com. He is the New York Times bestselling author of books on the Secret Service, FBI, and CIA. http://www.newsmax.com/blogs/RonaldKessler/id-69" rel="nofollow - Read more reports from Ronald Kessler — Click Here http://www.newsmax.com/blogs/RonaldKessler/id-69" rel="nofollow - Now.

-------------

PEACE

Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 8:59pm
Wooooo LAWD general!

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 9:00pm
LOL
can't wait to see those thousands of emails

-------------

PEACE

Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 9:01pm
It never ceases to amaze me how men--rich or poor--presidents to priests--easily fall due to uncontrolled sexual desires.  Petraeus threw away a great military career and a promising government job down the toliet with playing footies.  They just never learn.

I don't think this coming out before the election would have cost Obama votes however, but it is embarrassing.

I chuckled about the thousands of emails too, Purp

-------------
Everyone has a role in life. We all can't be CEO's somebody gotta take the orders at Mickey D's & the KFC's -Jewelsync

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 4:55am
oh so now its a conspiracy?

lol

-------------
I just can't stand the negro british midget. He brings out the worst in me.....

I sometimes think AfroK is gay and either doesn't know it or won't admit to it..

Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 5:06am
I just find it incredibly ironic, americans and their prudish institutionalized attitudes towards sex. Dude is the HEAD OF THE CIA, which means he gets people KILLED on a regular basis, makes plans to drop drones on their houses and all sorts of shady, nasty stuff the CIA is involved in and yet the worse thing they could think of him doing is having a side piece??? Unless she was a spy or a subordinate / military, that is between him and his wife. What's that got to do with his ability to do his job (which is probably in great part to plot to maim, kil, destabilize other countries, supply arms to rebels and topple governements?) This is a family issue, between him and his wife, what's that got to do with anything else? 
It's like when they tried to get Clinton impeached for getting his dicc sucked in the oval office by Monica. Dude is a head of state, couldnt you try and get him on things that actually mattered? SMH

Posted By: starflower7
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 5:47am
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

I just find it incredibly ironic, americans and their prudish institutionalized attitudes towards sex. Dude is the HEAD OF THE CIA, which means he gets people KILLED on a regular basis, makes plans to drop drones on their houses and all sorts of shady, nasty stuff the CIA is involved in and yet the worse thing they could think of him doing is having a side piece??? Unless she was a spy or a subordinate / military, that is between him and his wife. What's that got to do with his ability to do his job (which is probably in great part to plot to maim, kil, destabilize other countries, supply arms to rebels and topple governements?) This is a family issue, between him and his wife, what's that got to do with anything else? 

Good point. People are hypocrites. 

Clinton shouldn't have been f*cking an intern in the Oval Office though. 

-------------
"I give to the needy...and not the greedy!"

"Mm hm that's right!"

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 6:08am

Good point. People are hypocrites. 

Clinton shouldn't have been f*cking an intern in the Oval Office though. 

True. She was an intern, therefore a subordinate on whom he could have been exerting undue influence. Still, seeing that she was an enthusiastic participant, it just seemed kinda overkill at the time, the whole proceedings they went through, wasting taxpayers' money. In the case of Petraeus, unless it's one of those forbidden "office" relationship, the only person who should be kicking his ass out the door is his wife, though

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 6:53am
Originally posted by tasty0619 tasty0619 wrote:

Who did he check with?

LOLLOLLOL

really?!
Yes! LOL.
Now I know, Langley is often used as a  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metonymy" rel="nofollow - metonym  for the CIA.LOLDead
I was thinking...what kind of name is Langley.

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 8:55am

It's like when they tried to get Clinton impeached for getting his dicc sucked in the oval office by Monica. Dude is a head of state, couldnt you try and get him on things that actually mattered? SMH

many jobs  have morality clauses 

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 8:59am

u seen his wife?

-------------

Posted By: sunshine321511
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 9:44am
These men fall for puzzy everytime.  Wiling to lose his entire career, embarass his family.  He will stil get his BIG PENSION and eventually he will wind up being a high paid contractor for some military company.  He'll be alright...

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 10:08am
Originally posted by sunshine321511 sunshine321511 wrote:

These men fall for puzzy everytime.  Wiling to lose his entire career, embarass his family.  He will stil get his BIG PENSION and eventually he will wind up being a high paid contractor for some military company.  He'll be alright...

IA.  Somebody will hire him in a heart beat.  Still must sting to have this affair/resignation be added to all his other accomplishments.

Its easy to be cynical and say his affair doesn't really impact his job performance.  And it might not.  But we should atleast expect that persons in power/leadership  show some type of ethical/moral behavior.  We shouldn't have persons of questionable ethics or serious character flaws making the big decisions.  Atleast I don't.

-------------

Posted By: pinkextra
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 11:33am

LOL @ the title of her book, All In

They were certainly getting it "All In" !!

ConfusedConfused at the wifey though......... 

Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

u seen his wife?

-------------
"I think my mother is a Coon. **not literally, but from what I see you guys say about "coons", she acts very similar."        -   Kimmy90

Posted By: Xamaycana
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 11:36am
It's more than an issue between him and his wife.  He is in a position where he holds state secrets, he put himself in a situation where he could be blackmailed.  He showed further indiscretion by pursuing the woman via e-mail after she broke up with him. Not only did he have an affair, he was very indiscreet. He showed extremely poor judgement.

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 11:52am
Originally posted by pinkextra pinkextra wrote:

LOL @ the title of her book, All In

They were certainly getting it "All In" !!

ConfusedConfused at the wifey though......... 

u seen his wife?

Ouch

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 12:03pm
 They are equally yoked. His wife was cute when she was younger. She was also the daughter of the Superintendent of West Point, so she was quite the catch. The general was hell goofy looking in his youth. Time has been kind to him and unkind to her. 

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 12:06pm
So what if his wife isn't doesn't have supermodel looks.  If  pretty looks bought you trust and commitment Halle wouldn't have to go thru so many men, lol! 

Wifey stood by him 37 years, thru multiple deployments, many household moves, raising 2 kids.  I'm not throwing stones at her.  Military life is hard on marriages.  Maybe they can get past this...maybe not.  I might in her position tell him to kick rocks.

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 12:06pm
Death @ the NY Post

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by Xamaycana Xamaycana wrote:

It's more than an issue between him and his wife.  He is in a position where he holds state secrets, he put himself in a situation where he could be blackmailed.  He showed further indiscretion by pursuing the woman via e-mail after she broke up with him. Not only did he have an affair, he was very indiscreet. He showed extremely poor judgement.

If he doesn't know not to run his mouth and leaks pillow confessions and she turns out to be a spy, sure. But was this the case? Which by the way, he shouldn't be doing even with his wife. But this whole business about morality is laughable considering the job he holds. There's nothing moral about being the head of the CIA. Some might see it's necessary, as all countries need to protect their interests on the world stage, but less face it, these dudes are involved in some grimy shyt, justified or not.
This whole hypocritical morality stance is very american. In plenty of european countries, an insipid story about a premarital affair would induce nothing more than a shrug.

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 12:13pm

They are equally yoked. His wife was cute when she was younger. She was also the daughter of the Superintendent of West Point, so she was quite the catch. The general was hell goofy looking in his youth. Time has been kind to him and unkind to her. 

This dude was beyond dorky, straight up ugly with his horse teeth. Her wife should have been the one running around back then. I guess he's trying to catch up for lost time or something

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 12:23pm

Death @ the NY Post

LOLLOL
Cry

-------------

Posted By: Junior Jr
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 12:24pm
damn, his wife looks like ben matlock

jr.

-------------

Posted By: Xamaycana
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 12:32pm

If he doesn't know not to run his mouth and leaks pillow confessions and she turns out to be a spy, sure. But was this the case? Which by the way, he shouldn't be doing even with his wife. But this whole business about morality is laughable considering the job he holds. There's nothing moral about being the head of the CIA. Some might see it's necessary, as all countries need to protect their interests on the world stage, but less face it, these dudes are involved in some grimy shyt, justified or not.
This whole hypocritical morality stance is very american. In plenty of european countries, an insipid story about a premarital affair would induce nothing more than a shrug.

I'm not concerned with morality in this issue.  My concern is discretion.  He put himself on a situation to be vulnerable.  He pursued the woman by e-mail after she dumped him.  I am sure the head of MI5 and other agencies have had affairs, we haven't heard about them because they haven't behaved like love-struck teens.  The other illicit things are a part of his job and cannot be used for blackmailing purposes.  A sloppily handled affair, on the other hand, can be used to blackmail.

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 12:39pm

I'm not concerned with morality in this issue.  My concern is discretion.  He put himself on a situation to be vulnerable.  He pursued the woman by e-mail after she dumped him.  I am sure the head of MI5 and other agencies have had affairs, we haven't heard about them because they haven't behaved like love-struck teens.  The other illicit things are a part of his job and cannot be used for blackmailing purposes.  A sloppily handled affair, on the other hand, can be used to blackmail.

I understand part of the point you're trying to make. She could have been a security leak if he went on and spilled sensitive information after that cigarette. But what is the difference between him and some high ranking MI5 official having an extramarital affair? Is it just the fact that he actually fell for her and tried to convince her to come back or just the mere fact that he was not discreet with his dirt? I'm thinking as long as he didn't put secrets out there that needed to stay locked in a vault, so what if he acts a like a love stricken, puzzy whipped fool? That's his personal life. But again, I do get the point that she may have reeled him in with intentions contrary to national security initiatives. I just don't think that's the case here. Seems more like they want to make it a morality thing.

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 12:45pm
I bought she was being investigated for trying to improperly access his email. Is she writing a sequel to her book? This time she should title it "Just the Tip."

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 12:54pm

I bought she was being investigated for trying to improperly access his email. Is she writing a sequel to her book? This time she should title it "Just the Tip."

That's what I read, too.  She was sending out weird emails to various folks and one of them hipped the FBI about her.  So they investigated her and stumbled on the affair.  Ooops!

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by Tbaby Tbaby wrote:

That's what I read, too.  She was sending out weird emails to various folks and one of them hipped the FBI about her.  So they investigated her and stumbled on the affair.  Ooops!

I see. That's a different situation, then. Trying to access his private e-mail that could also potentially contain sensitive information and blabbing around is bound to be a problem for anyone, let alone if you're the head of the CIA...

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 1:18pm

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 1:21pm

naww she wasn't cute.  they were both just not cute together.

-------------

Posted By: zolloh
Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 1:36pm

Speculation that it's her husband who wrote this dear abby type of letter to the NY Times Magazine last Summer:

Quote My wife is having an affair with a government executive. His role is to manage a project whose progress is seen worldwide as a demonstration of American leadership. (This might seem hyperbolic, but it is not an exaggeration.) I have met with him on several occasions, and he has been gracious. (I doubt if he is aware of my knowledge.) I have watched the affair intensify over the last year, and I have also benefited from his generosity. He is engaged in work that I am passionate about and is absolutely the right person for the job. I strongly feel that exposing the affair will create a major distraction that would adversely impact the success of an important effort. My issue: Should I acknowledge this affair and finally force closure? Should I suffer in silence for the next year or two for a project I feel must succeed? Should I be “true to my heart” and walk away from the entire miserable situation and put the episode behind me? NAME WITHHELD

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 1:40pm
Well damn! Shocked

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 1:43pm

The plot thickens...

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 2:39pm
Sigh, I dated a guy with a goofy horse teeth smile before.Embarrassed

Anywho, that letter makes this story even juicier. He knew all about her and the general since at least 2011? Smh.

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 2:43pm
if that was my wife, anything else would have been a major upgrade

she looks like its smells of fermented cornmeal and rotten onions

-------------

I sometimes think AfroK is gay and either doesn't know it or won't admit to it..

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 2:47pm
CC your hair looks great! I only see Avis on my phone

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 3:15pm
Afro, when the general isn't in his uniform with a hat covering his just for men dye job comb over, he wears his pants up midway to his nips. He ain't winning in the looks dept imo fwiw lol

Thanks Epitome! *pretends to shake naps in the wind*

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 3:42pm

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 3:55pm
I'm just sayin'.LOL

It sounds like Broadwell was getting mad and harassing his friends. Not a good look lol

Why David Petraeus’s Gmail account is a national security issue

The beginning of the end came for CIA Director David Petraeus when Paula Broadwell, a younger married woman with whom he was http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/david-petraeus-resigns-as-cia-director/2012/11/09/636d204e-2aa8-11e2-bab2-eda299503684_story.html?hpid=z1" rel="nofollow - having an affair , “or someone close to her had sought access to his email,” according to the Wall Street Journal’s http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324073504578109252422213868.html" rel="nofollow - description of an FBI probe. Associates of Petraeus had received “anonymous harassing emails” that were then traced to Broadwell, ABC’s Martha Raddatz http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2012/11/10/why-david-petraeuss-gmail-account-is-a-national-security-issue/267274529250889729" rel="nofollow - reported , suggesting she may have found their names or addresses in his e-mail.

The e-mail account was apparently Petraeus’s personal Gmail, not his official CIA e-mail, according to the Wall Street Journal. That’s a big deal: Some of the most powerful foreign spy agencies in the world would love to have an opening, however small, into the personal e-mail account of the man who runs the United States’ spy service. The information could have proved of enormous value to foreign hackers, who already maintain a near-constant effort to access sensitive U.S. data.

If Petraeus allowed his Gmail security to be compromised even slightly, by widening access, sharing passwords or logging in from multiple addresses, it would have brought foreign spy agencies that much closer to a treasure trove of information. As the Wall Street Journal hints, investigators were concerned about Petraeus’s Gmail access precisely because of the history of foreign attempts to access just such accounts:

Security officials are sensitive to misuse of personal email accounts—not only official accounts—because there have been multiple instances of foreign hackers targeting personal emails.

A personal e-mail account like Petraeus’s almost certainly would not have contained any high-level intelligence; he probably didn’t keep a list of secret drone-base coordinates on his Google docs account. But access to the account could have provided telling information on, for example, Petraeus’s travel schedule, his foreign contacts, even personal information about himself or other senior U.S. officials.

Private e-mail services like Google’s, though considered significantly more secure than most, still have susceptibilities to foreign intrusion. http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2011/11/hacked/308673/" rel="nofollow - And it happens . Technology writers have sometimes discussed what one writer called the “ http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2012/09/the-password-fallacy-why-our-security-system-is-broken-and-how-to-fix-it/262155/" rel="nofollow - password fallacy ,” the false sense of safety created by access systems such as Google’s that balance security against ease of use. Even with Google’s extra security features, the company must also avoid making security so onerous as to drive away customers, making it an easier target for foreign hackers even before Petraeus possibly started sharing access and thus diluting the account’s integrity. And, as a Wired magazine investigation http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2012/08/apple-amazon-mat-honan-hacking/all/" rel="nofollow - demonstrated  in August, personal e-mail accounts often allow hackers access to other personal accounts, worsening both the infiltration and the damage.

All of this might sound a little overly apprehensive – really, U.S. national security is compromised because the CIA director’s personal Gmail account might have been a little easier to hack? – until you start looking at the scale and sophistication of foreign attempts to infiltrate U.S. data sources. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/30/technology/hacking-in-asia-is-linked-to-chinese-ex-graduate-student.html?pagewanted=all" rel="nofollow - Chinese hacking efforts , perhaps the best-known but nowhere near the only threat to U.S. networks and computers, suggest the enormous scope and ferocious drive of foreign government hackers.

Some Americans who have access to sensitive information and who travel to China describe http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/11/technology/electronic-security-a-worry-in-an-age-of-digital-espionage.html?pagewanted=all" rel="nofollow - going to tremendous lengths to minimize government efforts to seize their data. Some copy and paste their passwords from USB thumb drives rather than type them out, for fear of key-logging software. They carry “loaner” laptops and cellphones and pull out cellphone batteries during sensitive meetings, worried that the microphone could be switched on remotely. The New York Times http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/11/technology/electronic-security-a-worry-in-an-age-of-digital-espionage.html?pagewanted=all" rel="nofollow - called such extreme measures, which also apply in other countries, “standard operating procedure for officials at American government agencies.”

Even still, the publicly reported incidents of successful Chinese hacking – such as a March intrusion that stole a $1 billion, 10-year research project http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/03/opinion/how-china-steals-our-secrets.html" rel="nofollow - overnight – suggest that the efforts might be near-continuous and the successes rampant. A 2010 Chinese infiltration of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce ended up funneling weeks of corporate data; even after the chamber thought it had reestablished security, it discovered that an office printer and a corporate apartment thermostat were still sending data – who knows what kind? – back to China. You have to wonder what a similar infiltration into the private e-mail account of the director of the Central Intelligence Agency might have turned up.

Of course, the CIA director is not the Chamber of Commerce, which may explain why the FBI’s counter-intelligence monitoring is so sensitive that just Broadwell’s access to his Gmail account triggered an investigation. But the fact that the FBI looked so hard and so carefully – and that Petraeus lost his directorship of the CIA over an intrusion that many of us might consider minor or even routine – underscores the potential risk to U.S. intelligence entailed in Petraeus’s, or Broadwell’s, alleged misuse of his personal account.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2012/11/10/why-david-petraeuss-gmail-account-is-a-national-security-issue/" rel="nofollow - http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2012/11/10/why-david-petraeuss-gmail-account-is-a-national-security-issue/

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 4:02pm

The  http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/david-petraeus-resigns-as-cia-director/2012/11/09/636d204e-2aa8-11e2-bab2-eda299503684_story.html" rel="nofollow - collapse of the dazzling career  of CIA Director David H. Petraeus was triggered when a woman with whom he was having an affair sent threatening e-mails to another woman close to him, according to three senior law enforcement officials with knowledge of the episode.

The recipient of the e-mails was so frightened that she went to the FBI for protection and help tracking down the sender, according to the officials. The FBI investigation traced the threats to Paula Broadwell, a former military officer and a Petraeus biographer, and uncovered explicit e-mails between Broadwell and Petraeus, the officials said.

Hmmm....they said that the general has a thing for CBS's Lara Logan.

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 4:08pm
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9yasrsO9j1rwnh6go2_250.gif" rel="nofollow">

Wasn't Lara caught with another married reporter a few years ago?Ouch

General was sloring around all over the world I see. I wonder how many women will come forward?

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 4:11pm
It's just hearsay, but Gawker posted:

We hear he had a particular fondness for CBS News' Lara Logan: He's rumored to have asked his public affairs officer in Iraq to keep a folder of photographs of her handy on his computer. According to a source familiar with Petraeus, the general was occasionally seen late at night at the public affairs desk, looking through the photos. (No I am not kidding.)

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 4:29pm
BHM, IIRC, after that football player was killed by his sidepiece, y'all was s'posed to write a guide to help these heauxs. What happened to that lil project? Cuz truly, it's low hanging fruit out here that need it. 

The title is the most important thing, so I'll start it off:

The Jump-Off Handbook: How to Recognize Your Lane and Stay In It.

Now, the rest of y'all get to work!

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 4:50pm
Now you know they read the jump off handbook ... It's been out since before Sarah and Hag.gar

Denial is discussed in the preface Confused.  The ones that didn't read the preface, kee kee through the handbook thinking they're the wife until scandal wakes them up.

It's not our fault Disapprove

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 4:53pm
/these ho's be acting up, and these niccas be lettin' 'em/

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 4:55pm
DeadLOL

Chap 3: Chances are Good You're Just One Player in the Starting Line Up

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 5:05pm

Oh and if you have something important to lose, lose the side piece

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 5:08pm
Chap 14-9a: Don't Screw Your Boss, That's Way Too Obvious Stupid

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Chap 14-9a: Don't Screw Your Boss, That's Way Too Obvious Stupid

Dead

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 5:31pm
19b-19(d)(1)(C)(9): How to Screw you boss and get a promotion.

19(e)-Know that there is no recession for Hos.  We always winning.

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 6:19pm

LOL Cry LOL

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 6:26pm

now that would require focus on something other than dack 

that is advanced work LOL

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 11:53pm
Pity needs to save that info for the sequel.LOL

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

Print Page | Close Window