Print Page | Close Window

Dr Phil: Moms Who Hate Their Own Children

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=350636
Printed Date: Sep 21 2018 at 3:20pm

Topic: Dr Phil: Moms Who Hate Their Own Children
Posted By: PurplePhase
Subject: Dr Phil: Moms Who Hate Their Own Children
Date Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 1:20pm
anyone plan to watch this? seen it already?
Today's show.

Thursday 11/8: Moms Who Hate Their Own Children - Dr. Phil

-------------

PEACE

Replies:
Date Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 1:23pm

-------------

PEACE

Posted By: laceyfront
Date Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 1:24pm
The sad truth is she will get her daughter back if she is taken because of the horrible child protective system.

Date Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 1:25pm

this is the other mom:

I Cannot Stand My Autistic Daughter”

Karen admits that she feels resentment and anger toward her 14-year-old autistic daughter, Julia, and often thinks about running away. She says she feels extreme frustration and annoyance for Julia’s “weird” and “unruly” behavior and often yells and screams hurtful things at her. Karen says she would be less embarrassed if her daughter was mentally retarded and in a wheelchair, because then the public would be more understanding and not judge her for her daughter’s behavior.

-------------

PEACE

Date Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by laceyfront laceyfront wrote:

The sad truth is she will get her daughter back if she is taken because of the horrible child protective system.

that is sadCry

-------------

PEACE

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 1:40pm
When I saw the topic I was like

When I saw the first woman was black I was like

-------------

Posted By: BrownQtee
Date Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 1:43pm
I stopped watching Dr. Phil a long time ago. It seemed to me as if some of these people genuinely needed mental help, not Dr. Phil demeaning them on national TV.

Posted By: miana79
Date Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 1:46pm
wooooooow this is so sad - poor children

Posted By: bindy
Date Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 1:51pm
ugh.....what even sadder is that she is probably better of with her "crazy" mother that in foster care.....

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 2:33pm
i feel like thats more common than people care to admit.

Date Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 2:42pm
OMG she said she wishes her daughter would disappear and never return; she said she would be ok if she was never found. She Tells the little girl to run away.  She said if she had a gun she would kill them both.

They need to take that child.

-------------

PEACE

Posted By: csungrl09
Date Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

When I saw the first woman was black I was like

LMAO LOL

*im tryna hold in the laughter in the middle of class

-------------
Even with a low LSAT, i'm a hot commodity.

Posted By: RachelRegina
Date Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 3:37pm
@ tatee, yeah it is. And usually it's from the folks who didn't have planned pregnancies. I got a couple of friends who don't "want" their children, but they don't say it in those exact words.

Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 4:03pm
Im watching now

Posted By: petiteone29
Date Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

this. especially the ones with special needs kids. ive been around quite a few parents of special needs children. alot of them are very stessed and have resentment.

Posted By: Sinnamon_Mami
Date Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 6:35pm
Honestly, I think children are harder to raise now because we've become a society focused on "self". If these women had a support system (therapy, family, help, and possibly time to themselves: they probably wouldn't feel that way. I feel sorry for the women and children and hope Dr. Phil provides viable solutions for all parties, and the mothers watching and secretly wishing the same thing.

-------------

Posted By: Jr1127
Date Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 8:19pm

You think so!!

Posted By: OrriannaRose
Date Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

Stolen. Tongue

-------------

Posted By: smaison
Date Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 8:56pm

Yep

-------------
"I don't give a flying pretzel in skittle rainbow hell"

Posted By: DWeird
Date Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 9:06pm
That is really sad. Those poor children.

I really wish people would stop acting like it's a crime against society to never have children. Some people just shouldn't be parents. That needs to be okay.

-------------
Enter to win a trip for two to Fiji Ends 8/8/15 https://www.facebook.com/pages/Advanced-Water-Solutions/1000918369934558?sk=app_474477662635277&ref=page_internal

Posted By: soarlikecruz
Date Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 10:13pm
I don't get it, why even entertain the idea of having children if you can't love them? Why not put them up for adoption, you know how many couples there are that aren't able to conceive and there are ppl like this wishing the worst on their own children? Were the fathers on the show? People like this should have their ovaries cut out

Date Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

OMG she said she wishes her daughter would disappear and never return; and she would be ok . Tells the little girl to run away. They need to take that child.  She said if she had a gun she would kill them both.

I wanted to beat the sh*t out of this lady for suggesting her parenting style was the afrocentric way of raising children.

Posted By: Aerie
Date Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by soarlikecruz soarlikecruz wrote:

I don't get it, why even entertain the idea of having children if you can't love them? Why not put them up for adoption, you know how many couples there are that aren't able to conceive and there are ppl like this wishing the worst on their own children? Were the fathers on the show? People like this should have their ovaries cut out
Parenting isn't predictable. A lot of births aren't planned either. 

Chances are a lot of these moms did realise how they'd feel towards their kids, and by the time that they did, probably didn't see it as an option to put them up for adoption etc. 

Posted By: khivey
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 2:00am
At this point, the American government needs to charge a fee per child, not even a one child per family rule like China, but a fee per child period. That would cut down on a lot of y...I know many people will be pissed off, but if you don't have the money to pay the fee, then you probably don't have the money to provide for the child either. 

-------------
Hair Type:3c/4a
Hair Length:SBL
“The approval of others often forms an essential part of our capacity to think we are right.”

Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 6:49am
^But,  The black girl had "more than one degree" and I believe she said a good job. She bragged about giving her daughter what she wanted, (while doing irreparable damage to her self esteem)

I dont know what the white woman had, but she had a husband and didn't seem poor. It's not about money.

Theyre just sorry ass parents. The black girl is going to kill her daughter.

Posted By: starflower7
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 7:21am
It could all be so simple...condoms, people.

-------------
"I give to the needy...and not the greedy!"

"Mm hm that's right!"

Posted By: nikietc
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 7:39am
I think it's more than just being a naturally unfit parent. A lot of the problem is that parenthood is idealized and people don't know just what they're getting into.

Pregnancy is the riskiest thing many women will experience in their lives and both mother and child surviving pregnancy and labor healthy is a miracle in and of itself. There's no guarantee that anyone is going to have a 100% healthy child, and even if they do, you can't predict the child's personality.

I don't think any of these women set out to hate their children, but they really weren't ready like they thought they were. Just because you have money or a husband doesn't mean you should have kids.

-------------
-----
"Shoes are important things for a woman. Good shoes will take you to good places." ~Min Seo Hyun, Boys Over Flowers

Posted By: petiteone29
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 9:23am
Originally posted by khivey khivey wrote:

At this point, the American government needs to charge a fee per child, not even a one child per family rule like China, but a fee per child period. That would cut down on a lot of y...I know many people will be pissed off, but if you don't have the money to pay the fee, then you probably don't have the money to provide for the child either. 

[QUOTE=khivey]

being able to afford to care for a child doesnt make you a good parent. this isnt about money. they arent providing a healthy emotional environment for these children.

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 9:46am
Originally posted by khivey khivey wrote:

*sigh* why did i come in here...its too early for this mess...i have something to say to this^^but i guess i wont..smh.Ermm

anyways as a parent i understand the frustration...but are they seriously saying they hate their own kids?im not gonna watch the vid or catch the rerun. i cant imagine tellin my kids i hate them, or to run away...before it gets anywhere near that bad i send them to their grammys for the weekend. sometimes just a small break will do you some good. but to like for real hate your kids...man i dont know what to say...probably why im rambling now..its just crazy to me.

-------------

Posted By: RoxieDream
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 9:50am
Putting them up for adoption isn't the answer either .... a lot of the time that only sets kids up for even bigger failures because they never really adjust, can get abused even more, runaway, etc.

These moms needed to reach out for help a long time ago. And as many times as the black woman admitted, with a straight face, to wanting to kill her child, DCF should've immediately been alerted. She just needs to let the child live with her grandmother

-------------
<< Swerve >>

Posted By: Quiann00
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 10:03am
Originally posted by nikietc nikietc wrote:

I think it's more than just being a naturally unfit parent. A lot of the problem is that parenthood is idealized and people don't know just what they're getting into.

Pregnancy is the riskiest thing many women will experience in their lives and both mother and child surviving pregnancy and labor healthy is a miracle in and of itself. There's no guarantee that anyone is going to have a 100% healthy child, and even if they do, you can't predict the child's personality.

I don't think any of these women set out to hate their children, but they really weren't ready like they thought they were. Just because you have money or a husband doesn't mean you should have kids.

This is so true..

I have a special needs child and I love him so much...I'm obsessed with him.  He is my everything.
There are some frustrating times but nothing has never, ever gotten me to the point of being frustrated with him.  But I have a lot of patience when it comes to children.  Some of these mothers lack patience and in that case, adapting a prayer life may help.

-------------
"Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."-Eleanor Roosevelt

Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 10:10am
The first child was autistic

The black girl I think was a normal child. The mom was just crazy as hell. She didn't even want to read parenting books because they were "eurocentric"

-------------
<< Swerve >>

Posted By: Flowing-Ice
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 10:15am

... i don't agree. *shrug*

-------------
And Jean Paul Gaultier and a Hermes bag and four inch tips made of ostrich ;Sharp enough to slit your wrists her lips spread gossip ;Won't say sorry when she offends

Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 10:20am
Originally posted by Flowing-Ice Flowing-Ice wrote:

... i don't agree. *shrug*

right. I don't think it's really commonplace to feel this extreme. Your kids may anger & frustrate you, but to say you wish you had a gun to kill a 10 year old .... that's VERY extreme

-------------
<< Swerve >>

Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

OMG she said she wishes her daughter would disappear and never return; and she would be ok . Tells the little girl to run away. They need to take that child.  She said if she had a gun she would kill them both.

I wanted to beat the sh*t out of this lady for suggesting her parenting style was the afrocentric way of raising children.

it hurt my heart when she said 'it's different with a black child' referring to how you have to discipline children. I really felt for her daughter.

-------------

PEACE

Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 1:08pm

^But,  The black girl had "more than one degree" and I believe she said a good job. She bragged about giving her daughter what she wanted, (while doing irreparable damage to her self esteem)

I dont know what the white woman had, but she had a husband and didn't seem poor. It's not about money.

Theyre just sorry ass parents. The black girl is going to kill her daughter.

yes! She was saying how she buys the girl anything she wants (even mentioned shoes)Cry.

She said she didn't want the grandmom to take her because she would be teaching her values that she didn't agree with (or something like that). Wonder what that was about?

-------------

PEACE

Posted By: dayumash93
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 5:00pm
wrong thread LOL

Posted By: honeyb87
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 5:05pm
Makes me even more thankful to have the parents that I have already. I can't imagine growing up in such a toxic environment, knowing that the person who gave birth to me hates me....smh. I feel for those children. 

-------------
Going through a quarter life crisis. Judge me if you will. No fcks will be given though.

Don't call a b*tch a b*tch unless you like the b*tch

Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 5:08pm
Purp, yeah.. I figure any place is better than being with that bitch. Did you notice how when Dr. Phil asked who hurt her, she denied abuse but then ended with "I'm not about to go there with you"

I wonder did he know something and she was choosing not to disclose it on the show?

Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 5:12pm

Purp, yeah.. I figure any place is better than being with that bitch. Did you notice how when Dr. Phil asked who hurt her, she denied abuse but then ended with "I'm not about to go there with you"

I wonder did he know something and she was choosing not to disclose it on the show?

I caught that too. I surely hope the therapy Phil's providing helps her.. But my main concern immediately is the little girl.

-------------

PEACE

Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 5:15pm
Agreed. I don't give a f*** about the mother at this point. And it's sad to say, because I believe she has a mental illness or personality disorder, but i couldn't care less. She's a terrible mother and deserves NO MORE chances to change. The daughter needs to be removed. She should have BEEN taken away from her a long ass time ago.

Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 5:20pm
  LB, I just don't get how she didn't realize she could be doing irreparable damage to her child. She had the nerve to say "I don't hurt her, it's just verbal abuse."

And even after all the mean things MOm said she did to the little girl (who knows what she does that she didn't tell us about),  the little girl said "I like to spend time with my mom but I don't think she likes being with me." That  got meCry.

I've seen it before with abused kids tho; even after horrible abuse they still say "I love my mom/dad" and want to go back to the parents sometime.

-------------

PEACE

Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 5:39pm
Cry exactly. I've seen the same thing. The kids will get removed from the home because of abuse and all they can talk about is how they wish they could go back to their mom and dad. It hurts my soul

I was doing an exercise with this kid, and he had to name 3 wishes, and the only one he could think of was "I wish I could see my mom" Cry

He was living with his loving grandmother and had been removed from the trifling ass mama. This kind of stuff makes me sick. Something was seriously wrong with that mother on the show

Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 5:39pm
^^I knowCry

-------------

PEACE

Print Page | Close Window