Print Page | Close Window

Fans Call for Boycott of New Denzel Movie-SPOILERS

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=350505
Printed Date: Dec 16 2018 at 4:29am

Topic: Fans Call for Boycott of New Denzel Movie-SPOILERS
Posted By: PurplePhase
Subject: Fans Call for Boycott of New Denzel Movie-SPOILERS
Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:01pm
My GF sent me this today. She saw the movie this weekend ( a huge Denzel fan/stan/foolLOL). She texted me from the parking lot right after the movie and basically said a lot f what the boycotters are saying. She was not happy. I guess she wasn't the only one. Did anyone see it? I doubt I will, but I don't see many movies anyway.

=================================================

Some Fans Calling for Boycott of New Denzel Washington Movie

November 4, 2012

When I went to see the new film “Flight,” featuring Denzel Washington, I got almost exactly what I expected:  An extraordinary performance by one of the greatest actors of all time.  Denzel commands both screen and stage unlike any other, and it wasn’t until I saw him up close on Broadway that I was able to see the power of his talent.  ”Flight” was a great movie, and it deserves all the buzz that it’s been receiving.

But while I did get what I was hoping to see, I also saw some things I didn’t expect:  Denzel as a drunken, arrogant, irresponsible, wife-beating, lying dope fiend, not exactly fitting of the well-crafted public image Denzel has built over the last 20 years.  Black women love Denzel for all the intangibles that I could never put my finger on, but their adoration for this man is something that the rest of us know to be all too real (yes, I’m a bit jealous).   Much of this affection started when Denzel’s character took a fierce on-screen beating from his slave master in the film, “Glory,” making him the magical figure that he has become today.

It seems that others are taking Denzel’s latest role a bit more seriously by calling for an all-out Boycott of the film.  Citing a list of reasons that the film is not worthy of a first or second look, they say that people should simply stay home and see Denzel’s next creative venture.   I have no idea who generated the poster (below), but it’s certainly creating a great deal of https://www.facebook.com/TheBlackBlueDog" rel="nofollow - buzz on our Facebook page. 

http://www.blackbluedog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/denzel1.jpg" rel="nofollow">denzel

With that being said, this film was difficult for anyone to watch.   Sitting in the middle of the black female mecca of Atlanta, Denzel “Dream Boat” Washington falls in love with the kind of “marginal” white woman who fills the nightmares of every black woman who’s grown tired of seeing themselves passed over for the blonde-head, blue-eyed woman who never went to college.   The film reminds black women of the trifling brothers who consider black women as viable mates for the night, but inadequate to become wives and mothers.  I literally cringed when I watched the film, because I could hear the reactions in the audience, many of them black women, who grew to hate the man they were seeing on screen.  Oh yeah, black women are the most religious demographic in all of America, and Denzel’s character refuses to even pray:  Most of us know at least one black woman who won’t date a man who doesn’t go to church (at least not in public).

Sure, Denzel was just playing a character in a movie.  Yes, it was all make-believe.  But here’s the deal:  Much of the love that drives so many black women to see every movie that Denzel Washington makes is sustained by these make-believe images.   The love they gained for Denzel after seeing him in “Glory” and “Malcolm X” was also built from the land of make-believe and the reality is that many fans don’t differentiate between what actors do on-screen and who they are off of it.  It’s tough to create real admiration and real currency from fictional images and then expect those affected to suddenly understand that it was all fake from the very beginning.

I enjoyed the film and thought it was an outstanding performance.  But then again, I’ve never fawned over Denzel like my female friends.  But for those women who have real love for Denzel based on what he does in Hollywood, this film could set him back just a bit.

-------------

PEACE

Replies:
Posted By: Bunnyahh
Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:04pm
lol @ sold his soul to satan

-------------
Hi BHM!! Lovely day I'm having. How about you?

Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:05pm
was that in the movie? lol

-------------

PEACE

Posted By: **Sk!TtLeS B**
Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:06pm
...I see that article didnt mention Training DayStern Smile

-------------
Im making a political statement every time I make my ass clap - Ru Paul

Posted By: iGotSunshine
Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:07pm
Man I'm pissed.
This was full of spoilers and I planned on seeing it tonight

Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:07pm
well he used drugs & bedded non-blk hoes in X & Training Day & STILL got Oscar noms (even won one)  so  I smell another Oscar nom....

-------------

Posted By: Afrocentchic
Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:08pm

Meh, my objection would be that Denzel continues to get acclaim for roles where he plays out the sterotypical black brute. The writer is correct in that his skill set is greater than the roles he has been given and offered.

This is not about black women having their hearts broken because their favorite actor is acting like a demon. It's about better oppurtunities and more varities of stories and genere's of movies (or a lack there of) for people of color.

-------------
For Black women as well as Black men, it is axiomatic that if we do not define ourselves for ourselves, we will be defined by others --for their use and to our detriment. - Audre Lord

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:09pm
I was looking for it.....I knew i'd see it.....folks want to boycott cause his character falls in love with a white skripper.  With all the bullsh*t out here....Denzel's character being an asshole is something folks can overlook. Folks accepted training day but not this?   LOL

-------------
Chris and Koochie split! - Mrshairdo

Sometimes when sh*t happens...you say fucc - Cyndi Lauper

let's look death in the face and say "whatever man". -Hurley.

Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by iGotSunshine iGotSunshine wrote:

Man I'm pissed.

sorry. I meant to put SPOILER in the title even tho I didn't know if there were any since I only know 2 things about this movie (one is that he plays a pilot; guess the 2ndLOL)

-------------

PEACE

Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:10pm
lmao @ ppl that can't separate acting from real life.  this reminds me of ur last thread PH about the gay actors.  smh, my ppl , my ppl..... it's just a ROLE!!!LOL

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:11pm
folks want to boycott cause he flew a 747 upside down?LOLLOL

-------------

Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

I was looking for it.....I knew i'd see it.....folks want to boycott cause his character falls in love with a white skripper.  With all the bullsh*t out here....Denzel's character being an asshole is something folks can overlook. Folks accepted training day but not this?   LOL

My GF said she had to pull out the John Q dvd after seeing Flight so she could fall in love with her man again.LOL

-------------

PEACE

Posted By: Alias_Avi
I haven't read the article yet

but just by going off of that picture http://atrl.net/forums/images/smilies/images/smilies/ahh.gif

Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:12pm
well D did say that Pauletta didn't speak to him for 3 days after seeing it so I'm sure he expected his lady fans to be a bit upset too. lol

-------------

PEACE

Posted By: iGotSunshine
Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

Originally posted by iGotSunshine iGotSunshine wrote:

Man I'm pissed.

sorry. I meant to put SPOILER in the title even tho I didn't know if there were any since I only know 2 things about this movie (one is that he plays a pilot; guess the 2ndLOL)

u know i'll never be mad at my boo for too long Tongue

Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by Afrocentchic Afrocentchic wrote:

Meh, my objection would be that Denzel continues to get acclaim for roles where he plays out the sterotypical black brute. The writer is correct in that his skill set is greater than the roles he has been given and offered.

This is not about black women having their hearts broken because their favorite actor is acting like a demon. It's about better oppurtunities and more varities of stories and genere's of movies (or a lack there of) for people of color.

Clap

-------------

PEACE

Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:15pm

Remember He Got Game??  He fell for a white prostitute!!LOL Is a yt hooker worse than a yt skrippa???  Is this really cause for outrage??  1st squirrel nuts, 2nd octopus dinners, 3rd swirling in movies..LOLLOLLOL

Stop focusing on the bullsh*t & put energy towards the election tomorrow.  We need ppl fighting the good fight

-------------

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:16pm
He can get me drunk any Day of the week . Boycott lil wayne LOL .

-------------
God will never let you down.
Avi.. Bobby Brown and brother Tommy after singing at MY DAD Funeral. RIP..

Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:17pm
http://atrl.net/forums/images/smilies/images/smilies/ahh.gif  @ this paragraph

I mean, i didn't care for his 'love interests' in the movie but is this paragraph forreal? It is not that srs! It's a waaay different role than another other movie Denzel has played in but it's still just another role

I saw it in an ALL Black audience, mostly Black female audience. I did hear a couple of "Ooo's" with some of the interracial scenes but they weren't trippin

Sh*t they clapped at the end of the movie. They even laughed at some of the 'Christian nut' references

But the storyline is so much deeper than what's at the surface and they knew that

With that being said, this film was difficult for anyone to watch.   Sitting in the middle of the black female mecca of Atlanta, Denzel “Dream Boat” Washington falls in love with the kind of “marginal” white woman who fills the nightmares of every black woman who’s grown tired of seeing themselves passed over for the blonde-head, blue-eyed woman who never went to college.   The film reminds black women of the trifling brothers who consider black women as viable mates for the night, but inadequate to become wives and mothers.  I literally cringed when I watched the film, because I could hear the reactions in the audience, many of them black women, who grew to hate the man they were seeing on screen.  Oh yeah, black women are the most religious demographic in all of America, and Denzel’s character refuses to even pray:  Most of us know at least one black woman who won’t date a man who doesn’t go to church (at least not in public).

Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:17pm
Never saw He got Game.  I just don't check for Denzel like that.  Maybe that's why I'm not really caring.LOL

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:18pm

I'm also confused as to why black women and their choice in faith is called into question, or rather a possible factor as to why they dislike the film.  I'm sure there were other women besides black women there. I'm also sure some of them were not Christian and had an objection to what they saw while the author of was there.

-------------
For Black women as well as Black men, it is axiomatic that if we do not define ourselves for ourselves, we will be defined by others --for their use and to our detriment. - Audre Lord

Posted By: Tbaby
Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:19pm
I purposely didn't read any posts in this thread b/c I don't wanna read spoiler info--but there is NO WAY I'm boycotting Denzel!!  Not happening.Big smile

-------------
Everyone has a role in life. We all can't be CEO's somebody gotta take the orders at Mickey D's & the KFC's -Jewelsync

Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Tbaby Tbaby wrote:

I purposely didn't read any posts in this thread b/c I don't wanna read spoiler info--but there is NO WAY I'm boycotting Denzel!!  Not happening.Big smile
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY!!! ::huggs::

-------------

Posted By: linmars
Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:20pm
the movie was very good.
ppl are really reaching......again

Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:22pm
I'm sayin! LOL

folks want to boycott cause he flew a 747 upside down?LOLLOL

Posted By: Faithfully2002
Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:25pm
They need to stop. smh

-------------

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
i'll be seeing it...

-------------
you say i need some time to meditate...naaaaah b*tch i'm fly! i need time to levitate... ~yeezy

dacoldesteva

Clap
You know what tho, nobody can put it on Denzel.  He doesn't cast the films, he simply accepts the job & shows up for work.  I can't be upset with him cuz he plays a villian, He played the antagonist in this, American Gangster,  Training Day, etc... But he ALSO played the protagonist in Hurricane, the Great Debaters, John Q,  Antoine Fisher, Inside Man & the Preachers Wife just t name a few.  Lets not forget that he's willing to bend over backwards for his ppl & will do a Spike Lee film in a minute.  He STILL visits & donates to the Boys & Girls Club of Mount Vernon from which he used to frequent as a child.  He is not a sell out, HE IS AN ACTOR WHO IS VERY ACCOMPLISHED IN HIS CRAFT!

-------------

Posted By: lumii18
Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:26pm
i've never been into Denzel so im indifferent.

Posted By: Prazol60
Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:26pm
He is one of the few black actors that can get roles that would normally be filled with white actors. I see everything that was posted in the OP also being played by a white actor. I don't see a problem with it. It isn't like he is in white face with a straight nose. 

Posted By: Limalady
Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:27pm
The movie was good. Denzel was great. I saw it, and I'd see it again. And what? Stern Smile

Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:27pm
I was annoyed with the whole "she's so beautiful".. "isn't she beautiful!" lines in regards to that White chick who....

i already said Im not comfortable calling anyone ugly sooo... Stern Smile

Just amazes me how much White female beauty is so casually uplifted on screen

Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:29pm
I agree. The drug addict White chick wasn't cute, but Denzel was lonely and his ex-wife was Black. It wasn't that bad. He was an alcoholic, coke-head, but a lot of pilots are and so are a lot of truck-drivers. 

Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

Clap
You know what tho, nobody can put it on Denzel.  He doesn't cast the films, he simply accepts the job & shows up for work.  I can't be upset with him cuz he plays a villian, He played the antagonist in this, American Gangster,  Training Day, etc... But he ALSO played the protagonist in Hurricane, the Great Debaters, John Q,  Antoine Fisher, Inside Man & the Preachers Wife just t name a few.  Lets not forget that he's willing to bend over backwards for his ppl & will do a Spike Lee film in a minute.  He STILL visits & donates to the Boys & Girls Club of Mount Vernon from which he used to frequent as a child.  He is not a sell out, HE IS AN ACTOR WHO IS VERY ACCOMPLISHED IN HIS CRAFT!

Great point sis. I don't think anyone is attacking his personal character as much as they are attacking the industry. However, a boycott of the film would hurt his pockets as well. 

Which is where the question must be asked to what end can we hold the industry accountable when  we want more from the media for people of color?

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

I agree. The drug addict White chick wasn't cute, but Denzel was lonely and his ex-wife was Black. It wasn't that bad. He was an alcoholic, coke-head, but a lot of pilots are and so are a lot of truck-drivers. 
ShockedConfusedShockedConfusedShockedConfusedShockedConfused
I don't believe it.  I think they random test for that at airlines

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:32pm
Yea, i didn't get that "he's a bad BLACK man" trope

His race wasn't even highlighted in the movie. It was almost a "colorblind" role... as bout as colorblind as a role can get for a Black man in Hollywood... almost

Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

I was annoyed with the whole "she's so beautiful".. "isn't she beautiful!" lines in regards to that White chick who....

i already said Im not comfortable calling anyone ugly sooo... Stern Smile

Just amazes me how much White female beauty is so casually uplifted on screen
Magic yt vags are to be defended and revered 5-ever. This also goes back to Jim Crow as well, which is really what I feel those that are dissapointed with the film are upset about.

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:36pm

Which is where the question must be asked to what end can we hold the industry accountable when we want more from the media for people of color?

well, idk cuz I think we should play ALL roles, not just happy go lucky peaceful ones.  It's not fair to demand that blacks be put in a favorable light only & say let some  other color play the bad guy.  Let them know that we can handle whatever they throw our way & STILL play the hell out of that role

-------------

Posted By: Addicted19034
Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:36pm
I wanted to see this but now im scared.

Lmfao he show shows ass? Literally?

Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:37pm
LOL Yes he does... i was frightened cuz it caught me off guard lol

Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:38pm

LOL Yes he does... i was frightened cuz it caught me off guard lol

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww do not want!

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:39pm
was it unattractive?

-------------

PEACE

Posted By: James Avery
Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:41pm

denzel is the man. what do they mean "boycott" his new movie? pshhh....i'm going to see that movie and support denzel. he did his thang in Malcom X and Training Day.

denzel can do no wrong in my eyes. the brotha is an inspiration and has done so much for blacks in hollywood its crazy. why is he being boycotted anyway?

*goes to look*

wife beater..thats okay.

alcoholic/drug fiend...no biggie.

flies plane upside down....o    k.

goes to prison...what's new?

falls in love with White woman-*does not read rest*

OH HELL NAW!!! I WILL NOT SUPPORT ANYMORE OF DENZEL'S FILMS

WHY CAN'T HE EVER GET A BLACK LOVE INTEREST?! MALCOM X, HE HAD A WHITE GIRL BEFORE HIS WIFE. TRAINING DAY LATINO. AMERICAN GANGSTA LATINO. THIS MOVIE BACK TO WHITE!!!

-------------
God bless

Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:42pm
^^joking right?

-------------

PEACE

Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:44pm
Old man booty? Hell yes it was! LOLCry

was it unattractive?

Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:45pm

Old man booty? Hell yes it was! LOLCry

was it unattractive?
Unacceptable son. Now that is worthy of a boycott

-------------

Posted By: solena
Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:46pm
Yea I think I'll pass on this I'll catch it online or on Netflix in the future

Posted By: James Avery
Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:47pm

^^joking right?
yea. it was the general reaction black men get who interact with white women professionally or romantically.

after reading the thread it looks like denzel gets a pass.

-------------
God bless

Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:47pm

I agree. The drug addict White chick wasn't cute, but Denzel was lonely and his ex-wife was Black. It wasn't that bad. He was an alcoholic, coke-head, but a lot of pilots are and so are a lot of truck-drivers. 
 ShockedConfusedShockedConfusedShockedConfusedShockedConfused
I don't believe it.  I think they random test for that at airlines

http://www.cnn.com/2012/02/16/travel/suspected-drunk-pilot/index.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.cnn.com/2012/02/16/travel/suspected-drunk-pilot/index.html

http://www.madcowprod.com/07152010.htm" rel="nofollow - http://www.madcowprod.com/07152010.htm

Pilot in Aaliyah Plane crash:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,624392,00.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,624392,00.html

Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:49pm
My DH said He didn't like it either, didn't care for His Xwife being black and the downgrade to the Yt chick...

Posted By: hauteshellbi
Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by James Avery James Avery wrote:

denzel !!

That smiley cracks me up every time

-------------
Men fake a relationship to get a nut, Women fake a nut to get a relationship- himayn10ence

Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:54pm
I love Denzel

I've never seen a bad Denzel movie

I wish more black actors in Hollywood had it like him

Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

My DH said He didn't like it either, didn't care for His Xwife being black and the downgrade to the Yt chick...

I didn't view the ex-wife's character as being a "downgrade" to the White chick. I mean, his ex-wife was stable, the White chick overdosed, did PICS, and was a mess. His ex-wife wasn't a downgrade in anyway. Denzel was a mess, so they needed to pair his character with someone messy.

Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:55pm
I really wanna ask a spoiler now..ugh but I will probably see it so I will just wait

Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:59pm
His ex-wife was played by Garcelle Beauvais. She is the perfect woman to play the ex-wife of a pilot. She plays the classy yet cold character well.

Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 2:01pm

I didn't view the ex-wife's character as being a "downgrade" to the White chick. I mean, his ex-wife was stable, the White chick overdosed, did PICS, and was a mess. His ex-wife wasn't a downgrade in anyway. Denzel was a mess, so they needed to pair his character with someone messy.
she's saying that the yt ho was a downgrade.  not the exwife

-------------

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 2:02pm
so aint none of this about his real lifeErmm

Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 2:03pm
as for those stories, the 1st one was alcohol not drugs, the 2nd was transporting not using, & the 3rd was a private pilot, not an airline passenger pilot

-------------

Posted By: Wildfire
Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 2:05pm
LMGDAO @ "flies the Boeing 747 upside down" . Stupid boycott reason #14403

*continues to lub me some Denzel*
Embarrassed

Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 2:06pm

as for those stories, the 1st one was alcohol not drugs, the 2nd was transporting not using, & the 3rd was a private pilot, not an airline passenger pilot

Yeah, I read somewhere that many airline pilots (like truck drivers) use a variety of uppers to stay awake, since they have difficult schedules and long hours. I don't think they all do it. I'm not trying to worry you. Hug

Posted By: Wildfire
Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by Addicted19034 Addicted19034 wrote:

I love Denzel
I wish more black actors in Hollywood had it like him

tis all
OP, tell your GF she craay

Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 2:07pm

she's saying that the yt ho was a downgrade.  not the exwife

Oh, I misread it. Thanks. Smile

Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 2:14pm

Yeah, I read somewhere that many airline pilots (like truck drivers) use a variety of uppers to stay awake, since they have difficult schedules and long hours. I don't think they all do it. I'm not trying to worry you. Hug
I know about the drivers, they aren't regulated by a major company.  I will continue to fly worry freeHug

-------------

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 2:15pm
It is not that serious. I'd rather boycott Nina.

-------------

Posted By: Ladycoils
Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 7:41pm
Its a movie- the characters are not real. Get over it! Part of being a great actor is being able to convincely play a range of different characters.

-------------
To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are.

Posted By: noneyons
Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 7:53pm

I know about the drivers, they aren't regulated by a major company.  I will continue to fly worry freeHug

Pilots are randomly drug tested. Happens all the time. Like literally they'll be pulled off a plane after landing and given a cup to pee in with no prior warning. Nothing to worry about except for the fact that some of them are just plain loco in general. 

Anyway, the boycott is stupid. Denzel is the bestest. 

-------------
As a species,human beings define their reality through suffering and misery. The perfect world was a dream that your primitive cerebrum kept trying to wake up from.
-Agent Smith

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 7:54pm
even if we did boycott his white fans will still watch it

-------------
I just can't stand the negro british midget. He brings out the worst in me.....

I sometimes think AfroK is gay and either doesn't know it or won't admit to it..

Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 7:56pm
What does flying he plane upside down have to do with anything?

Isn't that a necessary part of the plot?

Posted By: Starrygurl
Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by Addicted19034 Addicted19034 wrote:

What does flying he plane upside down have to do with anything?

Isn't that a necessary part of the plot?

I know right, haven't seen it only the preview. But someone told me they like the movie.

Posted By: nekamarie83
Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by **Sk!TtLeS B** **Sk!TtLeS B** wrote:

...I see that article didnt mention Training DayStern Smile
Exactly!!

-------------
For Bebe88: "Ooooh-- short answer yes with an if, long answer no with a but…" - Rev Lovejoy

Posted By: SeducTress
Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 8:00pm
Blk folks I am not amused Angry

Posted By: f8dagrate
Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 8:23pm
the movie was kinda meh for me ,my fav character was the cancer patient though he was funnyLOL...

i just loved that Denzel was treated beyond fair like a privileged white man..

-------------
Women, midwest, WO-MEN. I know you're stunted in height but I didn't know that your shortcomings extended to your brain function - ImThatDiva

Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 9:17pm
LOL, that article is ridiculous. He's an actor. He's supposed to try and find new roles to challenge himself. He has played plenty of solid, righteous characters before

Posted By: nycdiva357
Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

LOL, that article is ridiculous. He's an actor. He's supposed to try and find new roles to challenge himself. He has played plenty of solid, righteous characters before

this is enough for me

-------------
He follows what I'm saying.. I aint gotta twitter shyt.

Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 9:26pm
He's one of the few black actors out there who gets his pick of roles, hell he may very well be the only one. You'd think it would be viewed as a good thing for him to be able to be this diverse in Hollywood. He's been in a lot of movies. He's just doing what most actors hope to be able to do, branch out. People complain that black actors don't get to play a diversity of roles. Here's one who can. That should be a good thing.

On another note, I never thought I'd see the day where he would lose all that scrumptious fineness of his, but he has gotten noticeably older

Posted By: Aerie
Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 9:29pm
Oh cry me a river. 
He can act in whatever he wants to, that's the beauty of his career. 

If he was white no one would be saying jack, but because he's black he can't choose a role he's interested in? Actors thrive on growth and challenge, good actors take on varieties of roles. 
There's a reason why he's so great, and Jennifer Aniston for example, is pretty much an acting joke. 

He's a risk taker, she isn't. 

Posted By: SensitiveSwag
Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 10:03pm
sounds like a GOAT flick, will watch.

-swag Cool

-------------

Posted By: PeacefulOne
Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 11:03pm

I will see it tomorrow.  And pay full ticket price.  GTFO with a boycott of Denzel.  Aint gonna happen.

(Why do I feel like Robin Harris in Do the Right Thing?  "You need to boycott that barber who fukked up your head!")

Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 11:15pm
LOL

-------------

PEACE

Posted By: r0ck_starr
Date Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 1:32am
The movie was good, I liked it. The beginning was heart stopping though. There were A LOT of stereotypes though, but what Hollywood actor hasnt sold their soul?

Posted By: mrshairdo
Date Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 1:38am
mannnnn training day was awesome, he was great in it!

ionno bout this ish tho

-------------
Y'all should be calling white ppl "Mizungus". Get into the movement!!

Posted By: sbrooke
Date Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 2:49am
I enjoyed the movie.
I love me some Denzel!
And there's always going to be stereotypes so....... People need to quit. If I were a celeb I can't even sit outside in front of my porch without people saying "you're perpetuating a black stereotype stop it you're making us look bad!" ? People need to stop with that, some people take things overboard, I find no reason to boycott this.
People can't ever win with some.....

-------------
Fly brown mamacita.

Print Page | Close Window