Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Hair Care
Forum Name: Weaves / Extensions
Forum Description: Discussions on Weaves
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=350437
Printed Date: Jun 24 2018 at 1:02am

Topic: Do you wrao your weave at night?
Posted By: princesshoneybee
Subject: Do you wrao your weave at night?
Date Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 8:25pm
What are the best methods for wrapping a weave without messing too much with the tracks?

Replies:
Posted By: Cream1970
Date Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 11:21pm
If the hair is sewn in, I don't see how wrapping it would do anything to the tracks. I only wear curly hair, so maybe someone else can chime in.

-------------

Posted By: hairgodess12
Date Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 11:30pm
I would think you could wrap it normal. What problems are you having?

Posted By: mspatty
Date Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 6:22am
i dont

Posted By: JazzyLei123
Date Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 7:04am
I wrap my hair because the low pony tail always leaves a bump. I usually wear a side bang so i pin curl that and then wrap my hair w a paddel brush but I don't brush hard enough to where I'm brushing my braids lol. Put a satin scarf on and my hair looks the same in the morning!

Posted By: Gods Child
Date Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 8:45am
It depends on the type of hair that I am wearing, but for the most part, I throw it in a low pony tail overnight. When I do wrap it, I wrap it the same way that I would wrap my own hair.

Posted By: Quiann00
Date Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 9:42am
I gather all the hair in a high ponytail then wrap it into a bun, pin it and throw my bonnet on.  I may wrap a silk scarf around the perimeter to lay down my edges. 

-------------
"Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."-Eleanor Roosevelt

Posted By: hairfanatic501
Date Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 4:53pm
You can wrap straight hair like you would wrap your own hair. Just use duck bills (clips) and a good brush to keep it from coming down. 

Posted By: Pretty_Thick_Me
Date Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 5:49pm
I dnt because it messes up my real hair. I jus wear a bonnet.

Posted By: loveyessie
Date Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 9:32pm
I don't wrap my hair at night I do two pigtail braids and put my cap on and call it a night.

Posted By: SelfMadeDiva12
Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 2:47am
Originally posted by loveyessie loveyessie wrote:

I don't wrap my hair at night I do two pigtail braids and put my cap on and call it a night.

The same, except I do 4 braids. I have tried to wrap it and it has always been an epic fail for me LOL

-------------
"Remember, not everyone will come into your life ready-made, but there's a difference between dusting off a diamond and fighting a battle you're never going to win."

Posted By: rredict
Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 8:12am

I am wearing curly hair. I just create 2 big twists and pin them up on top my head. I also wear a swear band around my head to make my lace closure lay flat in the front.

Posted By: kandegirl
Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 12:06pm
I have wrapped it and used long clips to hold the hair until I got it all wrapped up. Then put on a doo-rag. I don't do this often b/c I feel my leave out suffers from the friction of the weave hair rubbing against it. Or, I'll do a cross wrap in the back and put on a doo rag. This method still keeps my hair straight.  To do this,divide your hair down the middle, take one side and cross it over in the back and bring it around your head to the front and pin it down. Now tak the other side and cross it over the other side, going around the back of your head to the front and pin it down. and put a scarf or a doo-rag on. I have to do do rags b/c everything else will fall off! HTH

Posted By: MISS CR
Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by kandegirl kandegirl wrote:

I have wrapped it and used long clips to hold the hair until I got it all wrapped up. Then put on a doo-rag. I don't do this often b/c I feel my leave out suffers from the friction of the weave hair rubbing against it. Or, I'll do a cross wrap in the back and put on a doo rag. This method still keeps my hair straight.  To do this,divide your hair down the middle, take one side and cross it over in the back and bring it around your head to the front and pin it down. Now tak the other side and cross it over the other side, going around the back of your head to the front and pin it down. and put a scarf or a doo-rag on. I have to do do rags b/c everything else will fall off! HTH

^^ same here

Posted By: cutescorpio
Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by hairfanatic501 hairfanatic501 wrote:

You can wrap straight hair like you would wrap your own hair. Just use duck bills (clips) and a good brush to keep it from coming down. 
This. I don't use clips though, I use a long hair wrap and scarf to keep it secure.

Print Page | Close Window