Print Page | Close Window

football player being harassed by family for $$$$

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=350371
Printed Date: Nov 19 2017 at 8:44am

Topic: football player being harassed by family for $$$$
Posted By: James Avery
Subject: football player being harassed by family for $$$$
Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 11:43am
Dallas Cowboy, Tyron Smith is being harassed by his family for money.

Family members have been pressuring http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/dal/dallas-cowboys" rel="nofollow - Dallas Cowboys offensive lineman http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13978/tyron-smith" rel="nofollow - Tyron Smith for money, sources told ESPNDallas.com.

According to a police report obtained by the Dallas Morning News, a 911 call was made after family members showed up at Smith's North Dallas home and proceeded to "harass and torment" him "in the pursuit of collecting financial gain."

It was just the latest in a series of attempts to get money from Smith, sources confirmed Thursday after the situation was first reported by the newspaper.

Smith declined comment after Wedneday's practice at the team's facilities in Valley Ranch.

According to sources, family members have continued to ask Smith for money even after he gave them a large sum after he was picked ninth overall in the 2011 NFL draft and signed to a four-year, $12.5 million contract by the Cowboys.

Smith filed a protective order during the summer against his mother, Frankie Pinkney, and stepfather, Roy Pinkney, sources said. Smith has three sisters and two brothers, who also are prohibited from making contact with Smith on behalf of his parents.

Multiple sources told the Morning News that Cowboys security had to remove one of Tyron Smith's family members from the team's practice facility during training camp in Oxnard, Calif., about two hours from Riverside, where Smith's parents own a cleaning business.

Smith grew up working in the cleaning business with his mother and stepfather. After he was drafted, he talked lovingly of them, and the Cowboys mentioned how well he was raised.

Smith is being represented by Dallas-based attorneys Royce West and John Schorsch, who said the player was forced to turn to authorities to handle the matter.

"Lesser means were tried and they weren't successful," Schorsch told the Morning News. "You can use your own imagination as to what it took for a guy that big and that imposing to be that worried."

Schorsch told ESPNDallas.com Thursday that Smith is "a good kid. This is hard on him. But he's handled this with dignity and grace, I'm proud of the manner in which he's handled it."

Joe Panos, Smith's agent, declined comment.

"I think every player and every coach, really around this league, have different things going on in their lives and you just have to come into work and do your job as best as you can," coach Jason Garrett said Thursday, adding that he didn't see the issue affecting Smith.

Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones said Thursday: "He's handling his business. It's personal but Tyron is a man and everybody has things they have to handle personally and I have a lot of confidence he'll handle it."

-------------
God bless

Replies:
Posted By: babelipsss
Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 11:49am

They all look bad with the airing of the dirty laundry in public.  I hope Mr. Smith handles his new riches better than most NFL players.  He might need his family to loan him some green if he winds up injured or bankrupt.

Posted By: bg
Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 11:52am
Greed.

They should be ashamed of themselves...

The fact that he had to get a restraining order speaks volumes as to the level of stalking and harassing.

smh

-------------
“Turn your face toward the sun and the shadows will fall behind you.” ~Maori Proverb~

Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 11:53am
Tyron is a good guy.

he was the youngest player in the league last year and i think his folks and other family members are taking advantage of him being so young to guilt him into helping him out.

-------------
God bless

Posted By: pinkextra
Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 11:53am

His mom along with Keyshia Cole's mom should get together and have a Frankie reunion! (pun intended) Dead

That's sad for dat brotha though.  Money will bring out the worst in people!

-------------
"I think my mother is a Coon. **not literally, but from what I see you guys say about "coons", she acts very similar."        -   Kimmy90

Posted By: SimplyPut
Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 12:04pm
SMH...imagine how real sh*t had to get to get a restraining order against yo momma

Posted By: Prazol60
Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 12:10pm
That is some embarrassing. How are you going to ask your kid for money? 

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 12:32pm
Poor guy. It must suck to have your own family come at you like a pack of vampires even after you have already given them plenty of blood!

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by Prazol60 Prazol60 wrote:

That is some embarrassing. How are you going to ask your kid for money? 

And to take it to the extent for your own child to feel threatened enough to get a restraining order against you.. chai!

I sympathize with this man!

-------------

Posted By: dee1672
Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by babelipsss babelipsss wrote:

They all look bad with the airing of the dirty laundry in public.  I hope Mr. Smith handles his new riches better than most NFL players.  He might need his family to loan him some green if he winds up injured or bankrupt.

Who all looks bad and what as aired?

Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 12:40pm
The entire family looks bad to include Mr. Smith.  He doesn't have to give his family a thin dime if he doesn't want to but he is sadly mistaken if he thinks that his family is the worst of his troubles.  He is only a year into a four-year contract.  There will be many, many vultures out there to take advantage of him financially.  New money usually doesn't last long especially with no support.  His family may be the lesser of an evil world.  Odds are he will need them in the future, but maybe he will beat the odds.  Time will tell.

Posted By: nycdiva357
Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 12:43pm
awww. i feel sorry for him.

-------------
He follows what I'm saying.. I aint gotta twitter shyt.

Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 12:47pm

The entire family looks bad to include Mr. Smith.  He doesn't have to give his family a thin dime if he doesn't want to but he is sadly mistaken if he thinks that his family is the worst of his troubles.  He is only a year into a four-year contract.  There will be many, many vultures out there to take advantage of him financially.  New money usually doesn't last long especially with no support.  His family may be the lesser of an evil world.  Odds are he will need them in the future, but maybe he will beat the odds.  Time will tell.
you saying Tyron looks bad too?

i think he knows the concerns of family members coming out of nowhere demanding cash but his own parents?! dude had to put a protective order against the folks. he got family members showing up to his practices trying to get money from him.

its at the point where he fears for his safety. i doubt he'll need them for anything in the future tbh.

-------------
God bless

Posted By: _ConcreteRose_
Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 12:48pm
Yeah, Im not seeing how he looks bad either. He already gave them a "large sum" of money. 

-------------
https://40.media.tumblr.com/5ba9e0be75128d9fefb41178032b37f9/tumblr_nm5ltoJrGx1skqlxjo1_540.jpg

Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 12:49pm

So he shouldn't have gone to the authorities? If so, is it because it's his family? If it was a stranger would he have been justified in seeking legal assistance. I'm trying to figure out what in the article indicates that he has handled the situation incorrectly. I'm not sure I understand this logic.

ETA: All I know about situation is what is in the article. According to the article, he was being criminally harassed. He has a right to pursue  action irrespective of the relationship with his harasser(s). No  one would dare tell a wife and victim of domestic violence that she should have never gone public, or to the police, or that she's wrong for airing their dirty laundry.

Whats the difference here?

Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 12:49pm

they are the worst of his troubles -- currently.

i can't imagine having to get a restraining order against my Mama over some bread.

he gave them money and they still aren't satisfied. they are the vultures of which you speak.

even if its the 'lesser' of two evils, its (they) are still evil

-------------
“Turn your face toward the sun and the shadows will fall behind you.” ~Maori Proverb~

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 12:51pm
People lose their minds when money is involved.

Showing up at his practice for money was so unnecessary. This is one of the main reasons I always say if I win the lotto (which I don't even play), I'm not telling a soul.

Posted By: goodm3
Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 12:52pm
i don't think Tyrone looks bad. Did anyone see ESPN's broke? A lot of them spent their money on leeching family members. 

The article said he already gave them a lump sum and im sure he probably bought his parents a house. I'm sure his entire family is asking for money left and right. 

How much is money is enough? 

Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 12:53pm
It looks bad when families fight in public.  Doesn't matter who is right or wrong.  People will raise eyebrows especially when it involves a son and his mother.  I feel sorry for the guy actually.  There are no winners.

Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 12:56pm

It looks bad when families fight in public.  Doesn't matter who is right or wrong.  People will raise eyebrows especially when it involves a son and his mother.  I feel sorry for the guy actually.  There are no winners.

I'm sorry, but I think this is that logic that keeps a lot of black families trapped in cycles (abuse, neglect, etc.)....for fear of airing the family's business.

Posted By: beebeexx
Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 1:02pm
I don't see the logic in giving broke non money-minded people large lump sums of cash anyway.
just a set up for failure for everyone involved.

though the article does say his parents had a business so who knows...

Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 1:06pm
he isn't fighting in public.

the local reporters are the ones that broke the story. at this juncture Tyron hasn't even spoken on the situation at hand.

-------------
God bless

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 1:07pm
is there more info on the relationship with his mom? Is she an addict or something? I would never not share what I had with my mom. 

-------------

PEACE

Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 1:13pm
it says his mother and father own a business in California, doesn't mention anythinga bout her being strung out.

the latest news is he is missing 1 million dollars and the mom is blaming this on his current girlfriend:

A lawyer representing Cowboys offensive tackle Tyron Smith says that the budding NFL star’s family has not only continually demanded money from his client but also has taken a substantial amount from the 21-year-old.

Dallas-based attorney John Schorsch said he will have a forensic accountant review Smith’s finances in an effort to find where more than $1 million has gone and likely will pursue legal action.

When reached by phone late Thursday, Frankie Pinkney, Smith’s mother, strongly denied that the family took any of Smith’s money without his authorization or harassed or threatened him in any way.

“I don’t know anything about any missing money,” Pinkney said. “The money that we did receive from Tyron was all accounted for and everything is in writing, and he’s authorized all of it.”

On Tuesday afternoon, Dallas police responded to a 911 call to Smith’s North Dallas home, where siblings showed up to “harass and torment” him “in the pursuit of collecting financial gain,” according to the police report.

Smith has three stepsisters and two stepbrothers. Two of the stepsisters, Tiari Dennis and Brittany Pinkney, were among at least three people who showed up at Smith’s home Saturday and Tuesday, Frankie Pinkney confirmed. The police report did not name the individuals.

It is the latest in a string of events over several months in which family members have tried to harass Smith for their financial benefit, according to Schorsch and Cowboys sources.

Frankie Pinkney denied any family demands for any money.

Early Thursday, Frankie Pinkney emailed a statement to The Dallas Morning News denying that the latest family interaction was financially motivated. She supported her daughters and said that her son has “hurt” and “betrayed” her. Pinkney also put the blame for the family’s fallout on Smith’s girlfriend, Leigh Costa.

Pinkney said that Costa, 26, wouldn’t let her daughters in the door.

“They had not seen nor talked to him in months due to a family disagreement, which by the way, was not about finances,” Pinkney said in the statement. “The family disagreement was about his girlfriend, who is five years older than Tyron, who is a big part of the confusion in our family right now.

“Leigh reported that my daughters were threatening her and they were demanding money. My daughters did not make any threats.”

Smith and Costa have dated for almost a year now. Smith bought his North Dallas home earlier this year, and Costa lives with him.

Nothing she’s saying is factual,” Costa said about Smith’s mother’s statement. “I didn’t do anything. I’m a drive-by victim to his family’s chaos.”

Added Schorsch, “His mom is effectively saying none of this is about money, and it’s Leigh’s fault. Leigh doesn’t have a restraining order on her. Leigh didn’t take any money. She didn’t do anything. Leigh is a third-party victim standing in the line of fire from these people, and it’s unfortunate.”

Over the summer, Smith filed a family safety protective order against his stepfather, Roy Pinkney, and his mother to keep them from having any contact with him or Costa. The protective order also prohibits contact from Smith’s parents through his siblings. Smith’s parents own a cleaning business in Riverside, Calif., near their home in Moreno Valley.

“In order to get a restraining order of that nature you have got to provide certain evidence of threatening violence, and obviously those were met,” Schorsch said. “The mom and/or the stepdad, the collective group of family, have threatened the physical well being of Tyron and the life of his girlfriend.”

Smith’s mother denied any threats were made by any family member.

“Oh, no. Trust me, there were no threats made whatsoever,” Pinkney said, “and this is all to protect his girlfriend, Leigh.”

Sources said Smith gave his family a substantial amount of money after signing a four-year, $12.5 million contract in July 2011 after he was drafted with the ninth overall pick out of the University of Southern California.

Frankie Pinkney declined to say how much money her son gave her.

“It was structured over a period of time. He’s agreed to give us a certain amount over a certain period of time throughout his contract,” Pinkney said.

“Ridiculous claim,” Schorsch said late Thursday night, “but very revealing of her inability to recognize the innate parasite mentality that is systemic around these young athletes. Obviously the enemy within the family is most dangerous to these young athletes.”

Around the time that Smith was drafted, he hired Florida-based Merrill Lynch financial adviser Rich DeLuca at the urging of his parents. Smith has since parted ways from DeLuca, who could not be reached for comment.

During the time that DeLuca and Smith’s parents helped manage Smith’s finances, sources said a substantial amount of money turned up missing.

“I’m not certain of the amount of money that’s gone,” Schorsch said. “I would suggest to you that the numbers are in the seven digits that need to be accounted for. I don’t know how much of that, if any, is a legitimate gift and how much of that is squeezed out of him or how much of that is flat out taken. And I know of the latter two categories it’s a bunch.

“I’m going to make sure all the money is justified and it’s not going to be pretty.”

The NFL Players Association is not currently investigating the Pinkneys or DeLuca, who has represented NFL players but is not currently registered with the NFLPA. Frankie Pinkney said DeLuca could do nothing without Tyron’s authorization.

In Frankie Pinkney’s 504-word statement, she acknowledged the rift the family faces.

Pinkney said she last saw her son June 16 when the Cowboys tackle worked a one-day youth football camp at his high school. Sources said there was a verbal altercation with family at that camp.

Pinkney said that meeting didn’t go well, saying her son was not ready to talk.

Pinkney said state Sen. Royce West flew out to California earlier in the summer to discuss Smith’s financial concerns. West also represents Smith.

“He was sort of like a mediator,” Pinkney said “His main goal was to bring the family back together.”

But that trip did not solve the family’s issues.

“I know most mothers would say their sons would never hurt them nor betray them for anyone,” Frankie Pinkney said in her statement. “I’m here to tell you that I thought the same thing, but it happened to me.”

Cowboys security is aware of Smith’s family situation and has an organizational structure in place to help Smith avoid incidents around the club, multiple sources said.

Smith declined to comment Wednesday when approached in the Cowboys’ locker room and didn’t make himself available for comment Thursday.

Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said Thursday that he doesn’t believe that Smith’s off-the-field situation has affected his play.

“I think every player and every coach, really around this league, they have different things going on in their lives and you just have to come into work and do your job as best you can,” Garrett said.

Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones said he has “a lot of confidence” that Smith “will handle it.”

Smith has tried to maintain his focus this week with the Cowboys (3-4) on the road Sunday against 7-0 Atlanta.

“I think he carries a great deal of weight on his shoulders, Schorsch said. “I think he carries a heavy heart.”

-------------
God bless

Posted By: SimplyPut
Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 1:19pm

So they aren't even his real sibs but they're demanding money...did he at least grow up with these heaux?

Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 1:22pm
ok. I see

-------------

PEACE

Posted By: Ladybug4u
Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 1:25pm
Sadly, I am  not surprised by this at all.  I have a family member who used to be in the NFL.  He retired more than 10 years ago and he still gets hounded.  Lucky for him, his mom was the one to tell him not to give his money away.  He barely goes to family events because they start blowing up his phone.  The people who he would gladly help, don't even ask. 

I used to not understand why he refused to come around the family until he really told me how much people harass.  It actually pisses me off because he misses be around family but he hates the drama it causes.  Its like people don't  realize that he hasnt worked and since he was 35 and he has to live off that money he has.

Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 1:26pm
Sounds like the trouble started when he got with his cougar girlfriend of a whole year.  She knows what she is doing.

Posted By: Anah
Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 1:33pm
The cougar

-------------
#CHOGH

Posted By: _ConcreteRose_
Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 1:34pm
Uh oh

-------------
https://40.media.tumblr.com/5ba9e0be75128d9fefb41178032b37f9/tumblr_nm5ltoJrGx1skqlxjo1_540.jpg

Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 1:34pm

"Around the time that Smith was drafted, he hired Florida-based Merrill Lynch financial adviser Rich DeLuca at the urging of his parents. Smith has since parted ways from DeLuca, who could not be reached for comment.

During the time that DeLuca and Smith’s parents helped manage Smith’s finances, sources said a substantial amount of money turned up missing.

“I’m not certain of the amount of money that’s gone,” Schorsch said. “I would suggest to you that the numbers are in the seven digits that need to be accounted for. I don’t know how much of that, if any, is a legitimate gift and how much of that is squeezed out of him or how much of that is flat out taken. And I know of the latter two categories it’s a bunch."

mind you, Ty was only 20 when he got drafted and he was the number 9 overall pick in the draft. his mom and stepdad saw this as an oppurtinity to take advantage of him being so young and naive. after he gave them a "large sum" they still stole over million dollars.

-------------
God bless

Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by Ladybug4u Ladybug4u wrote:

Sadly, I am  not surprised by this at all.  I have a family member who used to be in the NFL.  He retired more than 10 years ago and he still gets hounded.  Lucky for him, his mom was the one to tell him not to give his money away.  He barely goes to family events because they start blowing up his phone.  The people who he would gladly help, don't even ask. 

I used to not understand why he refused to come around the family until he really told me how much people harass.  It actually pisses me off because he misses be around family but he hates the drama it causes.  Its like people don't  realize that he hasnt worked and since he was 35 and he has to live off that money he has.

Damn that is sad. I can't image not being around my family but I know some of them would need something official to keep them off my back.

Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by Anah Anah wrote:

The cougar

^^this is what I saw when I said:

Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

ok. I see

-------------

PEACE

Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 1:38pm
So what?

Its his money and he can spend it all on his Snow Bunny if he wants to.

His family should not be stalking him at home and surely not at work.

He gave them money, they want more. They are not entitled TO sht.

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 1:39pm
I am not buying that she is five years older than him.  More like ten.

Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 1:41pm
Yeah her face is tight like over did it with the botox. 

Posted By: Anah
Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 1:42pm
She mingin 

IMHO

-------------
#CHOGH

Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 1:47pm
Oh my god, his momma's name is Frankie, too? Dead First Keyshia, now him?

I will never name my future daughter Frankie. That's a curse on her and her future kids!

-------------

Posted By: Az~Maverick
Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 1:53pm

The cougar

He better be careful. Get on her bad side and she'll take all plus half. Maybe this is the reason his family is so up in arms? I dunno.

Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 1:57pm

is there more info on the relationship with his mom? Is she an addict or something? I would never not share what I had with my mom. 

its probably easy for you to say this b/c you have? (had?) an awesome mom.

i know I do...and thats why-- i'd give my mom everything if I had to/could.

but we have to remember not everyone was blessed w/ a mom like this.
some people have leeches for family...and things change when you are dealt a different hand.

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 2:00pm
he looks older than her and he's only 21 imho.

-------------
God bless

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 2:03pm
he got game?

-------------
I just can't stand the negro british midget. He brings out the worst in me.....

I sometimes think AfroK is gay and either doesn't know it or won't admit to it..

Those are not the arms and neck of a 26 year old woman James.  Don't be fooled.

Originally posted by nycdiva357 nycdiva357 wrote:

its probably easy for you to say this b/c you have? (had?) an awesome mom.

i know I do...and thats why-- i'd give my mom everything if I had to/could.

but we have to remember not everyone was blessed w/ a mom like this.
some people have leeches for family...and things change when you are dealt a different hand.

oh Yeah I've heard some horror stories. That's whY I'm wondering what's going on behind the scenes with his mom. Usually the guys will definitely look after their mom.  I know a few who have most of their possessions in their mom's name.  

-------------

PEACE

Posted By: femmemichelle
Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 2:04pm
Lol I saw Leigh Costa and had to Google

All of a sudden...I...I don't feel so bad for him Stern Smile

Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 2:05pm
wow you got a restraining order against your mom, lmao. 

Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 2:06pm

Those are not the arms and neck of a 26 year old woman James.  Don't be fooled.
no offense to the white posters, but white women age badly. a 26 year old woman can look like she's in her mid 30's.

britney spears looks like she's closing in on 50 and she's only 31-32.

-------------
God bless

Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

you can't relate huh bunz LOL

-------------

PEACE

Matter fact, Leigh Costa. Let that man abandon his family and gon head get that ring and dump him. These boys gon learn one day.

Posted By: OoDles O
Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 2:08pm
Watching that episode of 30 for 30...Broke

One of the guys (I forget who it was) was like... " one thing about going bankrupt was that I dont have people asking me for money"

lol

Posted By: starflower7
Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 2:32pm

The cougar

From the moment I read the title I knew there would be a white woman involved. I betcha he don't mind spending money on her.

-------------
"I give to the needy...and not the greedy!"

"Mm hm that's right!"

Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by Az~Maverick Az~Maverick wrote:

The cougar

He better be careful. Get on her bad side and she'll take all plus half. Maybe this is the reason his family is so up in arms? I dunno.

I hope she takes everything. I hope she takes the mattress out from under his ass.

-------------

"Mm hm that's right!"

Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 2:37pm

lolsmh

-------------
God bless

Posted By: iGotSunshine
Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 2:39pm
Jtfo at the change of tide when y'all found out a white woman was involved. Oh bhm

Posted By: babyk94
Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 2:40pm
Honestly I hope he made the best to decision for himself.

Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by iGotSunshine iGotSunshine wrote:

Jtfo at the change of tide when y'all found out a white woman was involved. Oh bhm

I already knew. They are so predictable these days.

-------------

"Mm hm that's right!"

LMFAO... Tongue

Posted By: Sang Froid
He couldn't find a less ugly white woman?

Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 2:44pm
Star is such a hypocrite.
You can't suck on pig penis then complain about nigguhs lickin' on pig puss.

Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 2:47pm
Lawd

Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Dig deeper.

-------------

"Mm hm that's right!"

Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 2:51pm

Dead

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 2:55pm
No one understands what athletes deal with except other athletes.

If he gives them all this cash that they're asking for who's going to help him out when he goes broke?
No one. I would stay selfish. Oh well.

& Leigh has her own money

Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 2:57pm

lol and so? Nickas gon learn! When she takes half and runs off to marry Billy Bob, ole boy will be crawling back to his mama.

Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 2:57pm
pig puss tho?... thats nasty...lol

-------------

Posted By: Ladybird0724
Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 2:59pm
i feel really bad for him...family is supposed to support you and here it is that he can't even trust them. i hope he has really good friends.

i thought about that 30 for 30 and hope he don't end up like McCant

-------------
It is said it takes seven years
to grow completely new skin cells.
To think, this year I will grow
into a body you never will
have touched.
— Brett Elizabeth Jenkins

Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 3:00pm

Exactly.
I don't with black men who are disgusting enough to do that.

Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 3:01pm

Exactly.

They all do it (pretty much). They're just not gonna tell you if they know that's how you feel. 

-------------

"Mm hm that's right!"

Posted By: acaraway
Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 3:13pm
Wow I lost all sympathy for him for when I saw his girlfriend. I am a terrible person.Unhappy

Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

i feel really bad for him...family is supposed to support you and here it is that he can't even trust them. i hope he has really good friends.

i thought about that 30 for 30 and hope he don't end up like McCant
 Awwwwww Ladybird is nice lol Smile 

Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 3:49pm
so a brotha who's family steals over a million dollars and shows up at his place of employment and home with threats, get's no sympathy because his gal is white/latino?

well i'll be damned. didn't know the hate was that strong.LOLWink

-------------
God bless

Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by James Avery James Avery wrote:

so a brotha who's family steals over a million dollars and shows up at his place of employment and home with threats, get's no sympathy because his gal is white/latino?

Disapprove

you knew damn well the hate was that skrong

LOL

-------------

Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 3:58pm
Hmmm.....

It was all good before he got with that old ass yt lady..LOL

Is she preggo yet ? Stern Smile

Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by starflower7 starflower7 wrote:

Exactly.

They all do it (pretty much). They're just not gonna tell you if they know that's how you feel. 

No they all don't.

Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 4:06pm

lol
white womenz are el diablo.

white menz are fine though.. lol
they aint never did nothing to us coloredz so they get a pass.

duh

-------------

Posted By: sweet_n_stuff04
Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 4:07pm
I still feel bad...I know what it's like to be guilted into giving people money. I don't know why people think military=$$$$. I still get phone calls on the 1st and 15th. I don't mind helping out my mom because she would only ask me for money if she was in dire need, but I tell everyone else I can't help them.

Hell, at one point in my career, I qualified for food stamps...not ballin at all

-------------
(√-1) (2^3) (Σ ) (π)...and it was good!

Fact: If you eat something and nobody sees you eat it - it has no calories.

Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 7:01pm

So you're new around these parts? LOL

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 7:23pm
I hate his family for him.

Family will do you worse than strangers. Sad.

-------------
God forgive me for my brash delivery
But I remember vividly what these streets did to me

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 7:27pm
I'm dying at the dried up sympathy once the pic was posted.CryLOL

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR

Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 8:08pm

Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

you can't relate huh bunz LOL

Bunz with his own thieving-ass momma. LOL

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 8:12pm
welcome to the hood!!!!!!

/ t-pain

-------------

I sometimes think AfroK is gay and either doesn't know it or won't admit to it..

Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 8:22pm

-------------

Posted By: mrshairdo
Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 10:22pm

lol

-------------
Y'all should be calling white ppl "Mizungus". Get into the movement!!

Posted By: OrriannaRose
Date Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 12:13am
Originally posted by acaraway acaraway wrote:

Wow I lost all sympathy for him for when I saw his girlfriend. I am a terrible person.Unhappy
I didn't. How awful is it to not be able to have your Mom in your life over something so petty?

-------------

Posted By: Az~Maverick
Date Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 8:20am
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

I'm dying at the dried up sympathy once the pic was posted.CryLOL

Dried up like the Sahara desert LOLLOL

Posted By: khivey
Date Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 8:35am
Mo money mo problems

They weren't out there with him when he was training and conditioning every day. They are only entitled to what he wants to give. Some people feel they owe their parents for raising them and providing for them; therefore they are generous when they are in a position to be. Whatever this man's reasons are for not giving out his money is not up for debate. It is possible he planned on putting his money away for awhile to save and invest to set him up for life, then with a later paycheck he would divide up among the family. Now, he sees what is what and who is who. Fugg em..I'd cut them off too

-------------
Hair Type:3c/4a
Hair Length:SBL
“The approval of others often forms an essential part of our capacity to think we are right.”

Posted By: Faithfully2002
Date Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 11:31am
Originally posted by bg bg wrote:

Greed.

They should be ashamed of themselves...

The fact that he had to get a restraining order speaks volumes as to the level of stalking and harassing.

smh

-------------

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 11:47am
lol.....

-------------
yo

Posted By: sunshine321511
Date Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 3:54pm
I learned long ago, just because one is a family member does not mean that they love me or even like me.  FAMILY will use you 100000% times worst than any stranger.  Eventually, he might end up having to cut them out his life 1000%.

I'm feel sorry for him, that is why even just regular working people its best not to tell everyone your financial business.  People don't need to know your salary, your husbands salary, if you get a new promotion at work...some things its best to keep to yourself.

Date Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 3:58pm
My nephew's fiancee didn't like that his mom was joint owner of his house (to become their home). She said 'that will have to change once we get married.'

-------------

PEACE

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by khivey khivey wrote:

Mo money mo problems

They weren't out there with him when he was training and conditioning every day. They are only entitled to what he wants to give. Some people feel they owe their parents for raising them and providing for them; therefore they are generous when they are in a position to be. Whatever this man's reasons are for not giving out his money is not up for debate. It is possible he planned on putting his money away for awhile to save and invest to set him up for life, then with a later paycheck he would divide up among the family. Now, he sees what is what and who is who. Fugg em..I'd cut them off too

actually they probably were.  h
who the hell was paying for uniforms , shoes, leagues, practice, picking up from practice etc? him? at 5?
your parents typically are there when you were shooting at the gym bc w/o them you wouldn't have anything to shoot in the first damn place.

-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 4:23pm

No one understands what athletes deal with except other athletes.

If he gives them all this cash that they're asking for who's going to help him out when he goes broke?
No one. I would stay selfish. Oh well.

& Leigh has her own money

1. how do you know?

2. is it like his money? 

-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B

Date Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

who the hell was paying for uniforms , shoes, leagues, practice, picking up from practice etc? him? at 5?
your parents typically are there when you were shooting at the gym bc w/o them you wouldn't have anything to shoot in the first damn place.

I like this post

-------------

PEACE

Date Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 4:29pm
off topic, this Cosby joke used to crack me up- because it's so true. My BIL would be like 'yeah that's what I mean!' lol

But I thought athletes adored their moms.

-------------

PEACE

Posted By: Bunnyahh
Date Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 4:37pm

My nephew's fiancee didn't like that his mom was joint owner of his house (to become their home). She said 'that will have to change once we get married.'
I bet you it WON'T change.  He'd have to take out a whole new loan to do that

-------------
Hi BHM!! Lovely day I'm having. How about you?

Date Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 8:19pm

Originally posted by khivey khivey wrote:

Mo money mo problems

Parents are supposed to do things like that for their kids and expect nothing in return..simply put. The only thing parents should really expect is for their kids to make them proud not rich. It is his talent not theirs.

BTW by the tone of your post you sound like you're one of the family membersSleepy

-------------
“The approval of others often forms an essential part of our capacity to think we are right.”

Date Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 8:23pm

The coldest part is that it really doesn't. It was his and his mothers prior to the marriage should the marriage not last, then he keeps the house. I don't blame her for saying that though..I would say the same thing.

-------------

Posted By: Random Thoughts
Date Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 8:33pm

Posted By: bubblyboo
Date Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 8:39pm

I like this post

+2. Its almost like a wife who marries rich. You don't expect your hubby to just give his money to you since its HIS money/his talent but if you've been dating long enough to support his craft then it would be nice if you didn't have to ask. I'm quite sure his talent was supported with all the things named above. Its not a parent's job to do all of that. Its hard enough to make it as is. Those who do are star parents in my book. Going above and beyond what most parents do for the sake of their child's happiness. HOWEVER, they've been given money. They are just greedy. good for him for taking a stance.

-------------
Cry me a river d*@kface you just got yourself another one!

Date Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 8:44pm
plenty of ppl out there w/ talent...and shytty parents.
I can't feel bad for the parents.. when it seems like they are doing him wrong.

my mom asks me for nothing.
thats why i give her all.
she deserves it.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window