Forum Name: Pressing
Forum Description: Discussion on Pressing Hair
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=350362
Printed Date: Dec 16 2017 at 8:07am

Topic: BONE STRAIGHT NATURAL! Chasing with 2 brush clamp
Posted By: GoatGoatEtc.
Subject: BONE STRAIGHT NATURAL! Chasing with 2 brush clamp
Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 2:23am
I am dumb struck! Pinch Chick found this awesome invention at CVS. She's using a chasing Brush that auto clamps on your sections and holds them in place! My arms get tired, this is heaven sent! I can't wait to try!

Replies:
Posted By: mslaydii
Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 10:31am
wooow! this is just so helpfulClap i just ordered me one of those cuz i haven't seen them in stores over hereApprove
thanks a lot for this post

Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 9:36pm
I just got in and one of my CVS' had one! They're such a popular item; I had trouble finding one all day! I can not wait to use mine! I detangled today!

The brush is called the Nexxus Heat Effexx Sleek N Style (Brush). It was marked as $15-$16 something but I generated a 20% off coupon with my CVS card.

Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 9:47pm
The key words/ things that sold me: Tourmaline, Ions, Ceramics, Nano Silver, and Boar bristles.

So the back of the packaging reads:

Nexxus Effexx is a fusion of the newest technologies. This fusion of Tourmaline, Negative Ions, Ceramics and Nano Silver was professionally engineered and customized to meet all your hair styling needs.

Nexxus Heat Effexx was created to provide you with the right brushes for optimal thermal styling. These are the ideal styling tools for achieving your perfect style using heat. Our brushes use the newest  technologies to heat up faster and stay hot longer for the best thermal styling results.

*Tourmaline eliminates frizz and seals the cuticle, locking in moisture.
*Ions tighten cuticle layer and seal in natural oils.
*Ceramics evenly distribute and hold heat longer so hair dries faster, minimizing damage.
*Nano Silver helps eliminate hair pollutants that make hair dry, brittle, frizzy, and eventually break.

Use to blow dry hair straight. Dryer warms thermal plates on inside of brush, allowing for faster drying time. Boar bristles grip hair, smooth cuticle and distribute hair's natural oils for vibrant shine.

Posted By: yaya24
Date Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 4:06am
I'm checking my local CVS stores ASAP.

its no longer online at cvs.com Unhappy

-------------
iRep ♥ Naija
TexLAXED 1.25.13'
SL starting alllll the way over. Watch me work.
APL 2013

<

Posted By: luvmybiga$$fro
Date Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 7:23pm
Thank you for this threadClap! I live in CVS and I need this brush in my life!!

-------------
Happy 9th Nappiversay to Me and Cleo!

Posted By: soarlikecruz
Date Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 11:01pm
I wouldn't mind giving this a try

Date Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 2:20am
I had to go to 3 local CVS stores... but I found it! I'm not scheduled to flat iron for another 2 weeks. My blow dry technique is solid.. but my flat iron job needs work.

I will post my review when I do.

When the cashier rung it up, she said "whoa hun thats a pricey brush"
I agreed and let her know that if I'm not blown away, its coming back.
lol

-------------
iRep ♥ Naija
TexLAXED 1.25.13'
APL 2013

<

Posted By: fashion11
Date Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 2:13pm
Thanks for posting this! I went to two CVS stores before I found it. It was $15.99 I think.

I normally use the tension method to blow dry but my roots rarely stretch as much as the rest of my hair. Saturday is my usual wash day so I tried the brush out yesterday after washing & DC (for 10 mins, I didn't feel like sitting with a wet head). I did not flat iron, just put in some Bantu Knots.

This brush definitely gave me a smoother finish & my roots were much more stretched. It was probably my best blow dry job. One thing I noticed is that smaller sections are better for my curlier sections. I can use larger sections with my front which is more wavy. Also, using larger sections with curly hair caused tugging, which is not good. I learned my lesson after that first section. Detangled hair also makes the brush glide down the hair easier.

All in all, I love this brush!! It is pricey but from what I've seen these type of brushes are between $12-$20 so I don't think it's overly priced. You could probably get something similar on eBay or amazon cheaper.

Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by fashion11 fashion11 wrote:

Thanks for posting this! I went to two CVS stores before I found it. It was $15.99 I think.

I normally use the tension method to blow dry but my roots rarely stretch as much as the rest of my hair. Saturday is my usual wash day so I tried the brush out yesterday after washing & DC (for 10 mins, I didn't feel like sitting with a wet head). I did not flat iron, just put in some Bantu Knots.

This brush definitely gave me a smoother finish & my roots were much more stretched. It was probably my best blow dry job. One thing I noticed is that smaller sections are better for my curlier sections. I can use larger sections with my front which is more wavy. Also, using larger sections with curly hair caused tugging, which is not good. I learned my lesson after that first section. Detangled hair also makes the brush glide down the hair easier.

All in all, I love this brush!! It is pricey but from what I've seen these type of brushes are between $12-$20 so I don't think it's overly priced. You could probably get something similar on eBay or amazon cheaper.
Thanks for posting about your results! For sure you were correct about detangling and doing small sections! I have to do this for blowouts and straightening all the time. I have a really tight curl pattern in some places. And the chick in the vid seemed to have a looser pattern, idk, and I forget if she said she washed and detangled or what.

I still haven't tried mine yet! I've been too busy this weekend but you're giving me even more good feelings about this brush!

Posted By: Belladva
Date Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 3:58pm
Today is my flat iron day and I just went out to purchase the brush. I will let you guys know my results.

Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 5:30pm
Not trying to poo poo on this item but how is it any different than the one currently sold in Sally's (well the last time I saw it, I found something similar on their website).  S/N: I bought a Goody version of this brush and it was an unmitigated disaster.  I will however lay half of the blame on myself due to lack of knowledge on how to properly use it and how to prep my hair for it and the other half on Goody.  But it was only a dollar so no biggie.

-------------
Laws are not written to protect children and women. They are written to protect MEN. - TokyoRose (truncated unfortunately)

Date Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

Not trying to poo poo on this item but how is it any different than the one currently sold in Sally's

I just checked Sally's website and the brush is still there for about 8.00. I've never seen or read any reviews on it. Do you have any reviews to share? There are many blowdry/straightening brushes.. I am interested in picture / video reviews.

-------------
iRep ♥ Naija
TexLAXED 1.25.13'
APL 2013

<

Posted By: Belladva
Date Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 8:14pm
Ok.  I officially love this brush. This is the best flat iron job that I have done to date. My hair tends to me a bit fuzzy after I flat iron it with a comb. This is the 1st time my hair and ends are completely straight. Definately a keeper!!!Clap

Posted By: Nigerian_princess
Date Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 8:30pm
I got something just like this from Aliexpress last year for about 4 bucks. I wish I could link to the seller but the store is defunct :(

-------------
follow me on Instagram @ Ijeomamama
watch me @ www.youtube.com/pajamagirl123

Date Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 1:07am
Oh I don't doubt there are other clamp brushes out there ladies but do they work to the degree of this one? Do they have all the features? I jumped at this brush for the Tourmaline, Ions, Ceramics, Boar Bristles, and Nano Silver. It just sounded like the full package in efficiency. 

Date Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 11:55am
I saw the $8 brush at Sallys after I bought the $17 brush from CVS (it always works out that way for me ). I tried to open the package to feel the bristles because if they contain more nylon material I don't think I would like it. Unfortunately I couldn't get the thing open, so if anyone gets it please let us know how the bristles are. The Nexxus brush is pretty soft it's not like another boar brush I have but it's still pretty good. I honestly think the softer the bristles the better, especially for natural hair.

I actually saw a couple of these at Ulta if you guys wanna go there. The Ulta brushes ran around $17.

Posted By: brwn_sugar25
Date Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 7:59pm
I purchased this brush today because I suck at blowing my hair out. The only thing is my brush doesn't have a button that clamps the brush in place. Has anyone else had this issue?

Date Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by brwn_sugar25 brwn_sugar25 wrote:

I purchased this brush today because I suck at blowing my hair out. The only thing is my brush doesn't have a button that clamps the brush in place. Has anyone else had this issue?

The brush I got has the clamp, I got it from CVS. Sally's & Ulta carry similar brushes & they had the clamp as well.

Posted By: brwn_sugar25
Date Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 9:22pm
I got mine from CVS and it didn't have one. I am going to go back and see if I can exchange it. Thanks for the help.

Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by yaya24 yaya24 wrote:

Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

Not trying to poo poo on this item but how is it any different than the one currently sold in Sally's

I just checked Sally's website and the brush is still there for about 8.00. I've never seen or read any reviews on it. Do you have any reviews to share? There are many blowdry/straightening brushes.. I am interested in picture / video reviews.

Unfortunately no due to my bad experience with my Goody brush.  But I was just wondering if anyone here used it.

-------------
Laws are not written to protect children and women. They are written to protect MEN. - TokyoRose (truncated unfortunately)

Posted By: misscovergirl90
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 1:49am
i definitely i am going to look for this brush or one like, i flat ironed my natural hair today for the first time and it was so hard getting my comb through once my hair started to dry...

Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 2:52am
Originally posted by misscovergirl90 misscovergirl90 wrote:

i definitely i am going to look for this brush or one like, i flat ironed my natural hair today for the first time and it was so hard getting my comb through once my hair started to dry...
Oh regardless of getting this brush, you're going to get that result. Are you blowing out your hair like she did in the video before you flat iron? Or air-drying detangled twists before you flat iron? So far those have been key to success.

Detangling your sections is also very KEY! Whether using heat or not.

Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 3:52am
^Thanks for contributing nothing to this spammer  Spammy post removed

Posted By: misscovergirl90
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 10:34am
Originally posted by GoatGoatEtc. GoatGoatEtc. wrote:

Oh regardless of getting this brush, you're going to get that result. Are you blowing out your hair like she did in the video before you flat iron? Or air-drying detangled twists before you flat iron? So far those have been key to success.

yes i did detangle, i am going to dry the air drying method before i blowdry next time (thanks) and not be in such a hurry as i was this time. I am going to get a really good trim too, i think that could be a problem as well.

Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 2:58pm

yes i did detangle, i am going to dry the air drying method before i blowdry next time (thanks) and not be in such a hurry as i was this time. I am going to get a really good trim too, i think that could be a problem as well.
That sounds good.

When I have to flat iron (or just blow out) I usually it  in sections. I keep a water bottle near by and dampen my sections a little, apply serums and junk, comb it through, then go to work.

Date Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 2:19pm
got my brush in the mail today, will try it tomorrow can't wait!

Posted By: solena
Date Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 12:12am
hmm i use the same method except with a regular brush and my hair gets bone straight but i may invest in this brush thingy to see if it cuts down on time.

Date Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 7:48am
Whoa, there's a lot of views of this thing. Didn't know I was posting anything significant. Tongue

Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 6:50pm
Used it and OMG this thing works like a charm, how could i have ever lived without thisLOL

Date Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by mslaydii mslaydii wrote:

Used it and OMG this thing works like a charm, how could i have ever lived without thisLOL
Omg! Clap I'm so glad this is working for peeps! I ran out of time and had to wet my hair for an event. Can you please post pics?

Posted By: MISS CR
Date Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 12:28pm
I've been using this on my daughter's hair for a while now. Not the exact brand but still great. Got if from my BSS.  For relaxed hair and blow dry it almost eliminates the need to flat iron afterwards. I can actually get a nice bend without flat ironing.  I love this tool.

Date Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 4:20pm
I'm about to use the brush to flat iron..

Pics will follow

-------------
iRep ♥ Naija
TexLAXED 1.25.13'
APL 2013

<

Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 12:24am
I ended up putting it into a bun after flat ironing. I need a trim.

After wash:

After Flat iron:

-------------
iRep ♥ Naija
TexLAXED 1.25.13'
APL 2013

<

Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 12:32am
Pros:
  • Easy to use
  • Faster flat iron time
  • VERY sleek results
  • Ends are not fuzzy or "stuck" together

Cons:
  • I cannot use the clamp on the brush. The tension when using it is a bit much and seems like it will cause breakage.. So I have to manually apply pressure to keep the brush closed

Overall the brush was a win. Thumbs Up The ends of my hair when flat ironing is usually a fail, but with this brush, my ends where not an issue.  It took me about 1.5 hours to blowdry and flat iron my hair. I'm usually against brushes of any kind (Cathy Howse recommendation to leave them alone)..So I'm anxious to see if my hair will not rebel against me for using this tool.

I'm not sure yet about any breakage.. I'll report my hairs condition during the week.

-------------
iRep ♥ Naija
TexLAXED 1.25.13'
APL 2013

<

Posted By: breBR3bre
Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 6:47pm
YaYa your hair came out beautiful! I just got a new flat iron so I'm going to try to find this brush to even though I can already straighten my hair well and I'm sure I don't need it but I want it lol

Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 8:16pm

Pros:
  • Easy to use
  • Faster flat iron time
  • VERY sleek results
  • Ends are not fuzzy or "stuck" together

Cons:
  • I cannot use the clamp on the brush. The tension when using it is a bit much and seems like it will cause breakage.. So I have to manually apply pressure to keep the brush closed

Overall the brush was a win. Thumbs Up The ends of my hair when flat ironing is usually a fail, but with this brush, my ends where not an issue.  It took me about 1.5 hours to blowdry and flat iron my hair. I'm usually against brushes of any kind (Cathy Howse recommendation to leave them alone)..So I'm anxious to see if my hair will not rebel against me for using this tool.

I'm not sure yet about any breakage.. I'll report my hairs condition during the week.

Your hair came out great! I agree with everything you said, I def can't use the clamp unless I use small sections. I was thinking of trying the brush on air dried hair. I would air dry in braids or twists & then use the brush for a more sleek blow out. I'm thinking stretched hair may work better with the brush than my natural curl.

I want to try it now but my hair is in mini twists for a few weeks.

Date Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 10:29pm
Wonderful results Yaya! Thank you so much for posting! Believing is seeing!Clap

The shine is crazy!

Date Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 8:42am
Thanks yall!
I noticed that when I flat iron, my hair shines soo much.

I used my FHI runway to flat iron. It goes up to 450 degrees.

Temps I used: 350 for the back (my looser areas)
410 for the front, sides and crown.

-------------
iRep ♥ Naija
TexLAXED 1.25.13'
APL 2013

<

Date Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 11:24pm

Thanks yall!
I noticed that when I flat iron, my hair shines soo much.

I used my FHI runway to flat iron. It goes up to 450 degrees.

Temps I used: 350 for the back (my looser areas)
410 for the front, sides and crown.
Ok, that's a tip I'll have to take away! I never use different temps so now I may see additional benefits. Thanks!

Date Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 8:51pm
Son-OF-A-*****! Anyone been in CVS lately? If you went by the Nexxus section like I did out of curiosity, you saw all the tools including the clamp brush were 50% off!!! I bought another one of these for travel (or in the case the first one breaks) today!

The brush is now $7.64!! Hurry!

Oh for anyone with extreme eczema like me, so extreme you need a steroid cream, the Sebamed lotion, face cream, soap bars, and body wash are BOGO FREE till 11/24! The lotion is working like my steroid cream! It's blowing me away! Costco is offering the lotion in a 2 pack with two 1 liter=33.8 ounces bottles (together 67.6 ounces) for $69.99. With the CVS sale I've only spent $51.96 before tax and now have 2.79 liters=94.5 ounces worth of the lotion!

Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 11:04pm
wow i hope its still on sale tomorrow

Posted By: HappyFeet
Date Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 12:52pm
< id="_npwlo" ="applicationpwlo" height="0">OMG I hope its still on sale!!!!!

Posted By: AriesBabe09
Date Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 6:54pm
I need this in my life! Thanks for posting OP

Posted By: GoldenCherry
Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 10:57pm
After reading this thread I realized the brush may be what I needed. I was planning on getting a straightening comb to do the comb chase method but I think this will result in a smoother flat iron. I looked online for the brush at CVS and couldnt find it but I did go to sally's and get their beautique brand one and it has a button on the end. Hopefully I can put it to use soon.

-------------
http://www.etsy.com/shop/CharityCrochets

Date Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 12:16am
For you ladies that have tried this clamp or tong brush out, how's your hair feeling? Noticed a difference? Smile

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 12:20am
My hair is doing just fine.
I made it a week before I had to wash (I workout and like a clean scalp).

This brush is def a keeper.
I went back and got another one (at the sale price).

I will use it again in the next 3-4 months when I flat iron again.

Thanks again for posting about this Big smile

-------------
iRep ♥ Naija
TexLAXED 1.25.13'
APL 2013

<

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 9:46pm
Hmm I'm not sure what to make of this, so I was in a CVS and out of curiosity scanned the brush tongs by Nexxus and they said they were on clearance for $8 something. Confused

If something is on sale the scanner will identify it as a sale right? And vice versa with clearance?

Posted By: kathytwa
Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 7:19pm
I went to two CVS they both had them , but one store had 50% the other regular , of course I got the one 50%. I will see I can't flat iron at all,  I hope it works 

Posted By: Napp
Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 8:24pm
wow i had a similar brush like this and it ripped my hair out! is this type of brush supposed to be special or something?

when i used to flat iron my natural hair i would use a soft boar bristle brush to chase with and that got my hair very straight and was only a fraction of the price.

I do like using a brush attachment when blowdrying. its gets the blowdried hair very straight so that the flat iron doesnt have to do much work.

-------------
Bougier than a can of Fancy Feast

Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by Napp Napp wrote:

wow i had a similar brush like this and it ripped my hair out! is this type of brush supposed to be special or something?

when i used to flat iron my natural hair i would use a soft boar bristle brush to chase with and that got my hair very straight and was only a fraction of the price.

I do like using a brush attachment when blowdrying. its gets the blowdried hair very straight so that the flat iron doesnt have to do much work.

It's special in that you have two things clamping down at once rather than hoping your hair is being held at full tension with that backward stroke-pull with a single boar-brush. More hairs are grabbed at once but also given the same if not equal tension for a better straightening. I'd like to think it works that way. When I have chased with just a comb the results were so-so, then with a thin boar hair brush a little better. The boar hair was pulling my strands taunt when the comb was doing whatever it felt like doing because it's already a smooth, slippery, plastic surface for my hair to slide through. I'd like to think that two boar hairs pulling taunt is better than one. If that makes sense.

When you hair was ripping out were the fibers of the brush plastic-y and was your hair fully detangled? Ouch

Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by kathytwa kathytwa wrote:

I went to two CVS they both had them , but one store had 50% the other regular , of course I got the one 50%. I will see I can't flat iron at all,  I hope it works 
Oh I guess it just varies from one store to the next. I know I'll be gifting this to a friend in transition while it's a tad more affordable. Embarrassed

Posted By: Napp
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 11:50am

It's special in that you have two things clamping down at once rather than hoping your hair is being held at full tension with that backward stroke-pull with a single boar-brush. More hairs are grabbed at once but also given the same if not equal tension for a better straightening. I'd like to think it works that way. When I have chased with just a comb the results were so-so, then with a thin boar hair brush a little better. The boar hair was pulling my strands taunt when the comb was doing whatever it felt like doing because it's already a smooth, slippery, plastic surface for my hair to slide through. I'd like to think that two boar hairs pulling taunt is better than one. If that makes sense.

When you hair was ripping out were the fibers of the brush plastic-y and was your hair fully detangled? Ouch

yes my hair was detangled. i remember another menmer had recomended it but i cannot remeber what brush it ws. it has stiff bristles. My hair gets straight enough with the regular brush so i'll just stick with that.

-------------
Bougier than a can of Fancy Feast

Date Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 12:58am

yes my hair was detangled. i remember another menmer had recomended it but i cannot remeber what brush it ws. it has stiff bristles. My hair gets straight enough with the regular brush so i'll just stick with that.
Whatever works.

Date Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 4:16pm
Finally I get some alone time with this brush. Again I didn't get time to finish but this thing is a keeper!

I deep conditioned my hair for 3 days, rinsed and detangled, made twists, put my leave in on them, and retwist and let my hair dry.

Then on about 4-5 twists I started using the Nexxus brush tongs.

I would brush and comb out my pieces a little more because I noticed leaving the brush tong to do the brush for my twists was not as easy as my denman and comb. Brush out my twists from tip to root. Then notice the brush tongs are stopping at my tips because they aren't uniform. This is remedied but chasing my tips first and then following through with the entire piece after.

I realize my passes with the tongs are this way because I did not BLOW OUT. Pinch

The twists I chased were crazy straight, shiny, and my tips did not feel dry! Now I'm doubly excited because my trimming is gonna be a breeze since my hair is so uniform!

Variables in this trial: The amount of product in my hair and blowing out.

Posted By: thebombdotkom
Date Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 4:27pm
I NEED THIS.

-------------
Starting Length: Neck
Current Length: Longest layer @ WL
Short Term/2013 Goal: Full Waist Length
Ultimate Goal: Full Hip Length

Date Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 4:54pm
Afterthoughts: Blowing Out or drying your hair stretched would be awesome and help speed the process and eliminate steps. Then I wish Nexxus would make this brush skinnier in width of the paddle. My hair is only beginning to touch the bottom of my chin in the front and my collar bone at my nape.

Posted By: leelee82
Date Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 5:40pm
The brush is on sale this week at CVS. I just got it for $7.99

Date Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 12:54am
Ok so it's been a week since I've pressed and my hair is still ultra soft. Kittens <3 Maybe my steam flatiron was also responsible in this.

Date Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 9:10pm
My results early this morning. I re-ironed and chased with the tongs. Then went on a not so cold walk and sweat it out into what now looks like a blowout. lol

Posted By: chynapop
Date Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 1:16pm
Thanks for sharing your experiences and pics. I need to try this brush.

-------------
http://www.earbuz.net
Take your outfit from 0 to 10!

Posted By: sexy
Date Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 7:40pm
I can' t find it near me...sad face

Posted By: SweetEscape
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 11:14am
I have the sally's brand of this brush. My flat irons look 10x better than they did when I was just using the comb method. My only problem now is getting my hair to not poof throughout the day

Posted By: momentoindigo
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 12:06pm
i went to cvs today :( The nexxus section had been ransacked. Nothing but a round brush. There were 50% coupons hanging on the rungs but I'm not sure what for or if they even carried the brush because I couldn't tell what items had hanging there before from the abbreviated stock codes/titles. :S

Sorry I'm random. I had been following the thread and drooling ever since watching the video. I need a tool like this so bad, using a regular comb gets my hair all snagged and my comb all burnt up lol. MY sister has this WRETCHED "steaming flat iron" that has tiny little teeth on it that pulls out ALL of your hair. It's supposed to a combination positive thing to comb and straighten at the same time. You just get a bald head and cross your fingers it leaves u some strands... hence why I need this Nexxus tool in my life lol.

-------------
www.urbaneccentrik.com

Posted By: babycakebabe
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 4:22pm
I usually blow dry with a huge ceramic round brush, then use the round brush to hold my hair taut when flat ironing. I have seen this brush at cvs, but I had been waiting for my next sally's 20% off coupon to come to buy the denman version of the clamp brush. if they still have that nexus on clearance at cvs, i may just get it tonight b/c i plan to do a year in length check flat iron tomorrow..

Date Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by momentoindigo momentoindigo wrote:

i went to cvs today :( The nexxus section had been ransacked. Nothing but a round brush. There were 50% coupons hanging on the rungs but I'm not sure what for or if they even carried the brush because I couldn't tell what items had hanging there before from the abbreviated stock codes/titles. :S

Sorry I'm random. I had been following the thread and drooling ever since watching the video. I need a tool like this so bad, using a regular comb gets my hair all snagged and my comb all burnt up lol. MY sister has this WRETCHED "steaming flat iron" that has tiny little teeth on it that pulls out ALL of your hair. It's supposed to a combination positive thing to comb and straighten at the same time. You just get a bald head and cross your fingers it leaves u some strands... hence why I need this Nexxus tool in my life lol.

I think it's likely the comb tong was 50 off. It's title is different from the other combs for sure.

And true, it's supposed to work that way. However like all things, the straighter the hair the better it works. I bought the Babyliss Steam Flat Iron and in the DVD they provided I think they demo on a black girl. However she's done a blowout, so they cheated. lol I did however use my steam flat iron with this with and without the teeth retracted. I brushed out my sections with a boar hair or the tongs and chased and got the results I posted on here.

Date Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by SweetEscape SweetEscape wrote:

I have the sally's brand of this brush. My flat irons look 10x better than they did when I was just using the comb method. My only problem now is getting my hair to not poof throughout the day
Me too. :/ Maybe I need humidity proofing products.

Date Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 11:22am
i just ordered a denman brand one from amazon. i wanted the chi one but it was a little more expensive and i wasn't about that life at the moment. unfortunately the flat iron my sister has with the teeth do not retract and the teeth are soooo tiny and sharp they are almost like needles. they practically split your hair shaft. devil machine is what it is. 

ill post my results as soon as mine comes in and i used it. blowout results then flat iron.

-------------
www.urbaneccentrik.com

Posted By: Scarletphoenix
Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 10:26am
You ladies always find the best things! I am on a no heat regi. right now but I am definitely going to get this...you know to have in my beauty stash for next year lol 

Posted By: thebombdotkom
Date Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 2:42am
I went to 4 CVS's looking for this brush and finally found it. It's 50% off right now, ladies! So, I got it for $8 and some change. I tried it yesterday after I took my weave down and it gave me the straightest flat iron I've ever had in my life. I even got my nape hairs bone straight LOL

-------------
Starting Length: Neck
Current Length: Longest layer @ WL
Short Term/2013 Goal: Full Waist Length
Ultimate Goal: Full Hip Length

Date Posted: Jan 20 2013 at 6:13pm
i picked this brush up over the christmas break and it was marked clearance for 7 and change after tax so that may be why some of you ladies are having trouble finding it. the first time i used it my hair would not straighten but thats because i had been using water and glycerin to moisturize that week so i washed air dried, then tried again results are posted in the thread below. overall i give it a 7 out of 10 because i did experience some snagging on tiny stretched sections so i would pass with a comb before passing with this brush. ive gotten better results using my regular brush so i wouldnt consider this a must have unless you have a hard time holding both the brush and flat iron at the same time.

http://forum2.blackhairmedia.com/hair-at-the-start-of-2013_topic352817_page3.html" rel="nofollow - http://forum2.blackhairmedia.com/hair-at-the-start-of-2013_topic352817_page3.html

Date Posted: Jan 20 2013 at 6:46pm
mine came in the mail a week ago and my flat iron was shipped a few days ago so hopefully i will have something to show as far as results in the next week.

-------------
www.urbaneccentrik.com

Date Posted: Jan 20 2013 at 10:36pm
@solena, since you airdried instead of blew it out using the brush, i feel like it probably was less effective. i thought that was part of the efficiency of the design though. blow out tool + straightening enhancer, in that order.

-------------
www.urbaneccentrik.com

Date Posted: Jan 21 2013 at 10:11am
Possibly but I'm used to air drying and flat ironing with a regular brush and my hair gets bone straight with two passes at the most. With this I had to pass with the comb then slowly pass two to three times with this brush.I'll continue to use it trying different techniques and products before I toss it aside.

Posted By: modelbusiness82
Date Posted: Jan 21 2013 at 9:14pm
I've tried brushes like the video suggested in the past and it wasn't a good idea for my natural 4a/4b hair. @_@ Even after stretching my hair by blow drying first.

I actually just bought a chasing comb which I used to do a length check today and had pretty great results. Normally I don't use heat, but I stretched while blowdrying my hair in sections and then was able to easily (more or less as for some reason my crown ALWAYS has invisible tangles in it that aren't there in the rest of my head) flatiron with the chasing comb.

When I do use brushes, I usually use the paddle brushes that have a lot of space between the bristles. I have one from Conair and a couple from John Freida that work wonders for me. When I use brushes with boar bristles, it actually ends up snagging more hair.

-------------
digital entertainment marketer -
BASM Blog: www.bigapplestyle.com

Date Posted: Jan 21 2013 at 10:41pm
The one I got is softer than boar bristles so hopefully that won't be an issue. Its sort of directly between the texture of a soft brush and a hard brush.

-------------
www.urbaneccentrik.com

Date Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 12:31pm

its the silkiest press i've ever gotten technically. it made my blow out so much better that i really didn't need to use it for pressing too. but if ur ends are split, the brush will snag a bit. 

i did use new pressing products as well a brand new flat iron too. but i will definitely attribute most of my success to the blow out using this tool. ur hair can't be too wet though or u will have to make several passes to blow it straight. i guess my hair isn't as porous as i thought. had to wait for it to get about 60% dry before i would get it dry in one pass.

-------------
www.urbaneccentrik.com

Posted By: Shardd:)
Date Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 2:04pm
oh WOW your hair is gorge! can't wait to purchase this!

Posted By: Shardd:)
Date Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 2:10pm
so how do you use this?  do you still have to blow our your hair? (video isnt working)

Date Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 3:23pm
Thanks. You basically clamp it over a section of hair at the base and use the blow dryer to press against the vents/slats in the brush while you pull the brush towards your ends slowly. looks as though she's made her video private.

It just depends on your texture I guess. I used it to blow out. It definitely helped in me not having to get as close to my roots with the flat iron when i flat ironed after i blew out. It looks like my hair is straight growing out of my head which has never happened before. i always had waves at my roots.

My hair is pretty fine so once i blew it out using the clamp brush so i found i didnt need to use it to press. i touched up using it for my raggity ends some but other than that, if ur hair isn't super thick or super coarse im sure one or the other instead of both, using it to press AND blow out, would work.

-------------
www.urbaneccentrik.com

Posted By: LaurenNicole
Date Posted: Aug 23 2013 at 7:40pm
dang! the video isn't there anymore. Is it just a brush that clamps like a flat iron?

Date Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 11:08am
yep

Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Jul 13 2015 at 11:57pm
bump! is anyone still using this brush?

the video is gone and i wanted some visual

for the ones who have used it, is it the brush used with a blow dryer? should the hair be wet or dry?

Print Page | Close Window