Print Page | Close Window

How to convince your mum to take out braids?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Hair Care
Forum Name: Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
Forum Description: Discussions on Weaves / Extensions (for Newbies)
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=350190
Printed Date: Jul 20 2018 at 12:31am

Topic: How to convince your mum to take out braids?
Posted By: reneex
Subject: How to convince your mum to take out braids?
Date Posted: Oct 29 2012 at 11:04am
My braids make me look awful and make me feel bad. I prefer how I look with weave. My mum is very strict and won't let me get a weave installed until January. So I've got two months of living every second feeling like crap. How to convince her?

Oh and my mum is the only person who takes out my braids. I don't know how to. She pays for me getting a weave done also.

Replies:
Posted By: Nadiesca
Date Posted: Oct 29 2012 at 11:27am
instead of taking your braids out,you can style them.....back in the days i use to make a few big braids and dip them in boiling water,and i got some wavy braids...i received a lot of compliments...you should try it

Date Posted: Oct 29 2012 at 12:06pm
They are wavy. Don't worry about it. I realised it is all about the face and not the hair. I always focus on the hair but it doesn't solve anything. No one else answer please x

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Oct 29 2012 at 12:09pm
I think you are too young to be on BHM . Please talk to a adult regarding your self esteem .

-------------
God will never let you down.
Avi.. Bobby Brown and brother Tommy after singing at MY DAD Funeral. RIP..

Posted By: mspatty
Date Posted: Oct 29 2012 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

I think you are too young to be on BHM . Please talk to a adult regarding your self esteem .

really?her dob in her profile says
Date of Birth:27 Aug 1990

Posted By: aussieBlush
Date Posted: Oct 29 2012 at 8:20pm
I think I look funny in braids and I haven't had them in since high school which was 4 years ago lol
I'd say keep them in till December or something save up money to get your own weave done that way you mom might be swayed

-------------
Happiness and love is all we really need but looking good feels nice too

Posted By: nattramn
Date Posted: Oct 31 2012 at 6:57am
If you want them out that badly, I honestly suggest to do some research on how to take them out. Youtube is a VAST place with TONS of videos of howto's and tutorials, so i'd start there if I were you.

Then after they're out, just deep condition your hair, blow dry and flat iron it. There's no way your mom is going to listen to strangers on the internet about how and what to do about her own daughters hair. 

You might as well use this an an opportunity and let this inspire and drive you to know how to care and style your own hair.
Good luck dear <3

Posted By: OneLove1987
Date Posted: Oct 31 2012 at 3:56pm
Weird post...youre 22...your mom shouldnt be telling you what to do with your hair. Break away!

Posted By: choc_lover
Date Posted: Oct 31 2012 at 5:47pm
^^ well in her previous posts she said she was 16. I don't know what to believe anymore. I don't know how to post links but just click on "find members' posts" and you'll see them all.
Reneex if you're 16, I'll tell you what I said in one of your posts. Talk to your mum. If she still insists on keeping the braids then find a way to make them work. And be thankful for what you do have. You have a hair dilemma at 16, a lot of other 16 year olds have issues you can't even imagine.
And if you're older but you're making these posts just to mess with people then you need prayers.

-------------

Posted By: OneLove1987
Date Posted: Nov 01 2012 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by choc_lover choc_lover wrote:

^^ well in her previous posts she said she was 16. I don't know what to believe anymore. I don't know how to post links but just click on "find members' posts" and you'll see them all.
Reneex if you're 16, I'll tell you what I said in one of your posts. Talk to your mum. If she still insists on keeping the braids then find a way to make them work. And be thankful for what you do have. You have a hair dilemma at 16, a lot of other 16 year olds have issues you can't even imagine.
And if you're older but you're making these posts just to mess with people then you need prayers.

Agreed. At 16 youre fine baby girl. I just took my braids out and im 25..i loved them. I kept them in a super high bun and got several compliments. Long weave is not everything..be different!

Posted By: aussieBlush
Date Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by OneLove1987 OneLove1987 wrote:

Originally posted by choc_lover choc_lover wrote:

Agreed. At 16 youre fine baby girl. I just took my braids out and im 25..i loved them. I kept them in a super high bun and got several compliments. Long weave is not everything..be different

This^^^^^^

-------------
Happiness and love is all we really need but looking good feels nice too

Date Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by mspatty mspatty wrote:

Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

really?her dob in her profile says <table cellSpacing="1" cellPadding="2" width="100%">
<t>
<tr><td>Date of Birth:</td><td>27 Aug 1990</td></tr>
</t>
</table>

I'm 16 when I made this account I didn't put my real year. I picked at random.

Date Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by OneLove1987 OneLove1987 wrote:

Weird post...youre 22...your mom shouldnt be telling you what to do with your hair. Break away!

I'm 16. I picked the year at random when signing up

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 12:34pm
I saw 12 yrs . Good luck .

-------------
God will never let you down.
Avi.. Bobby Brown and brother Tommy after singing at MY DAD Funeral. RIP..

Posted By: hairfanatic501
Date Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 6:08pm
Try to style them differently and if you still don't like them be honest with her and tell her what you told us "...that you don't like them and they make you feel bad." I'm sure your mum wants you to feel good about yourself. 

Posted By: SassyShani
Date Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 6:26pm
16 still seem to be too to be told how to style your hair...ynless she paid for it then she has some say. Go on yyoutube & get creative. Braids are not for everyone

-------------
Natural 2/2011-transitioning
BC 12/31/2011-NL
APL 1/1/2013
Goal BSL 6/2013

http://public.fotki.com/shanisosassy/

Print Page | Close Window