Forum Name: Weaves / Extensions
Forum Description: Discussions on Weaves
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=349717
Printed Date: Oct 17 2018 at 1:05pm

Topic: U-Part Specs
Posted By: MissLuxurious
Subject: U-Part Specs
Date Posted: Oct 17 2012 at 10:59am
Anyone care to share their specs on U-Part wigs that they've ordered? And possibly include pics?
I am looking to purchase a U-Part wig today / tomorrow, and I'd like some ideas on what to order. More specifically I'd like specifications on the size opening requested for the least amount of leave out hair in the part area.

Thanks!

-------------
Waistlength and loving it! Certified Shoe Addict!!!

Replies:
Posted By: MsTiki
Date Posted: Oct 17 2012 at 11:30am
I don't have a clue... I am so happy that you asked because I tried to order one but couldn't because I didn't know how Ouch....  I sure hope that someone can helpS out with answers.... PLEASEWink

-------------
Peace and Blessings,
Tiki

Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Oct 17 2012 at 11:51am
When I ordered my upart, the vendor told me that he could only do a 3x4 inch gap for the leave out.  The other specs I gave were the normal measurements for a wig since my head is between a medium and a large. 

Posted By: MsTiki
Date Posted: Oct 17 2012 at 8:15pm
Thank you for answering NaturalChick!

-------------
Peace and Blessings,
Tiki

Date Posted: Oct 17 2012 at 8:53pm
Thanks! 3*4 does seem awfully large though... I suppose I'll use a ruler and measure the space for what I would usually use as leave out for a we've. I'm guessing 2* 4 should work... Although the vendor suggested 1*3...

-------------
Waistlength and loving it! Certified Shoe Addict!!!

Posted By: Dreamin_Still
Date Posted: Oct 18 2012 at 10:42am

Hey. 

When I ordered my unit, I chose a left of center part 1” by 2”. It makes for an extremely small amount of leave out and part. I’ll attach pictures of my unit on my Mannequin and of the unit on myself. Stern Smile

A mini collage: Two texture shots; a pic focusing on the "U" on the Mannequin and a pic focusing on the "U" just slapped on my head. LOL

I hope this is helpful to you.

Date Posted: Oct 18 2012 at 10:47am
Originally posted by MissLuxurious MissLuxurious wrote:

Thanks! 3*4 does seem awfully large though... I suppose I'll use a ruler and measure the space for what I would usually use as leave out for a we've. I'm guessing 2* 4 should work... Although the vendor suggested 1*3...

It is large. I wanted a smaller u but the vendor said he couldn't go any smaller for some reason. Im going to ask him again when I get my next upart.

Date Posted: Oct 18 2012 at 10:53am
Thanks Ladies!

Those pictures are extremely helpful, thanks Dreamin_Still.

I asked for a 2" * 3.5", now I'm wondering if that's too big!!! Confused

Posted By: bklyngurl
Date Posted: Oct 19 2012 at 1:19pm

Dreamin_Still omgggg!

that hair is gorge!  PM SENT :) lol

Posted By: Gods Child
Date Posted: Oct 19 2012 at 1:36pm
I wanted very little leave out, so this was my order:

Virgin Chinese Remy U-part wig,Coarse Yaki, color #1, 1" x 1", full machine made just covering stretch lace on the weft,with adjustable straps at back,combs at back,front and side,M cap size.

Now I make my own.

Posted By: afrikan gal
Date Posted: Oct 19 2012 at 9:47pm
got a u-part from Roman and there was no part, kinna looked like a halfwig, 

Date Posted: Oct 20 2012 at 4:55am
Originally posted by afrikan gal afrikan gal wrote:

got a u-part from Roman and there was no part, kinna looked like a halfwig, 

Really? What size gap did you order?

Posted By: afrikan gal
Date Posted: Oct 22 2012 at 9:33am
18" 3/4 wig made of Mongolian virgin hair, natural hair color,kinky straight hair texture,arrange 16"/18" length hair,M cap size,full machine weft made,adjustable straps at nape,covering stretch lace at weft,
he provided the specs actually, the cap was snug at first cause i have dense hair, but once i did some flat cornrows it fit good. love love it everyone thinks is may hair, looks great. going to order the closure for it and some kc half wig too.

mine has no gap for some reason lol, i actually prefer it this way, so i can use the elastic method for the closure when it gets here. hth

Date Posted: Oct 22 2012 at 11:05am

18" 3/4 wig made of Mongolian virgin hair, natural hair color,kinky straight hair texture,arrange 16"/18" length hair,M cap size,full machine weft made,adjustable straps at nape,covering stretch lace at weft,
he provided the specs actually, the cap was snug at first cause i have dense hair, but once i did some flat cornrows it fit good. love love it everyone thinks is may hair, looks great. going to order the closure for it and some kc half wig too.

mine has no gap for some reason lol, i actually prefer it this way, so i can use the elastic method for the closure when it gets here. hth

That's odd lol.  I wonder if his Mongolian feels anything like his Malaysian.  I might give the Mongolian a try for my next order.

Posted By: bklyngurl
Date Posted: Oct 22 2012 at 1:29pm
i want to know what specs you ladies are using if you are going to use a closure with the upart wig.

any help?

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Oct 25 2012 at 9:09pm
Hey babes I ordered 2 wigs for a friend of mine. 12 inch kinky straight and 1 italian yaki. extra large cap with 1x3 u-part opening with 4 combs. here goes. Sorry for the huge pics.

-------------
Russell hired me to police those who STAR these non-sensical threads!!!He said I should feel free to point them out!!

Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 12:57pm
Hi Ladies!!!

I just received my unit and am very pleased!!! I'll post pics when I get a chance, hopefully this evening.

I plan to get it colored on Wednesday as well, so I will post pics of the color as well!!! Big smile

Posted By: CamiK
Date Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 1:27pm
Hurry and post please!!

-------------
Last thing I wanna do is hurt you, but its still on my list..

Posted By: _belle
Date Posted: Sep 28 2013 at 1:58am
I am not sure it has been mentioned but the specs listed below are for a 3/4 wig, like a three fourths wig, as is more hair than a half wig but less hair than a full wig. It doesnt have a part because its not a u part wig with 3x4 part... I am hella late but I am doing u part cap size research and this post came up lol.

Posted By: rsgamers
Date Posted: Sep 28 2013 at 4:40am
When I ordered my upart, the seller told American state that he might solely do a 3x4 in. gap for http://www.fifacoins2buy.com/ the skip. the opposite specs I gave were the conventional measurements for http://www.diablo4shop.com/ a wig since my head is between a medium and an outsized.

Print Page | Close Window