Print Page | Close Window

My growth with sew ins

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Hair Care
Forum Name: Hair Growth
Forum Description: Hair Growth issues, solutions, and discussions.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=349468
Printed Date: Aug 20 2018 at 3:38am

Topic: My growth with sew ins
Posted By: chidiva79
Subject: My growth with sew ins
Date Posted: Oct 11 2012 at 9:30am
I added this in the weave section as I'm ALWAYS there..but thought I should share over here too!

Hi Ladies! I have been consistently wearing weaves since April of 2011. I usually wear my installs 8-12 weeks and will take a 2 week break in between installs. The reason why I started wearing weaves is because I wanted to grow out my relaxer and I didn't want to do the BIG CHOP. I typically trim about an inch off everything I remove an install. I swear by apogee deep conditioners as well as moisturizing my hair while I have my installs in. I have learned a lot about hair from this site and wanted to quickly share my growth results. Thanks!

October 2010...I had a short bob and I LOVED it. I had relaxer and I would consider my hair healthy. 

New Years Day 2011 - My hair was growing ok. 

March 2011. My last relaxer was Feb 27th 2011. Here is the last pictures I took before I started getting weaves

June 2011. I took my first sew in down. Again, I'm growing out my relaxer and my hair look uneven

December 2011. I'm about 10 months post relaxer

April 2012 I'm about 14 months post relaxer

July 2012 I'm retaining growth, hair is still extremely thick

October 11th, 2012
Before. I have about 3-4 inches of relaxer remaining. Everything else is natural which is about 90% of my hair LOL. In order from me to detangle properly, the key for me is 4 braids. (i wash/detangle/condition each braid separately)

After:

Replies:
Posted By: gorgeous92
Date Posted: Oct 11 2012 at 11:15am
Clap WOW! honestly your hair looks beautiful and healthy in every pic! thick and luscious. i wish my ends looked as thick as yours! ... question, i wanna start wearing sew ins or at least cornrowing my hair, was wondering exactly how you moisturize your hair when you have a sewin/ when your hair is in braids?  

Date Posted: Oct 11 2012 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by gorgeous92 gorgeous92 wrote:

Clap WOW! honestly your hair looks beautiful and healthy in every pic! thick and luscious. i wish my ends looked as thick as yours! ... question, i wanna start wearing sew ins or at least cornrowing my hair, was wondering exactly how you moisturize your hair when you have a sewin/ when your hair is in braids?  

I alternate between a moisturizer or protein leave in conditioner. I use a hair color bottle and make sure to put the conidtioner on my braids. I never use nets. Thanks!

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Oct 11 2012 at 3:51pm
nice jobClapClapClap

Posted By: catredtip
Date Posted: Oct 11 2012 at 4:24pm
looking great

Posted By: Miss SDY
Date Posted: Oct 11 2012 at 6:48pm
Oh wow!! Your hair is gorgeous!! Looking healthy in every picture! Which is why I want to go back to my sew ins! :-)

-------------
http://daisypath.com" rel="nofollow">

NL----[SL]----APL----BSB----BSL

Closing in on APL!!!

Date Posted: Oct 11 2012 at 7:17pm
Thanks ladies!

Posted By: un4getableview
Date Posted: Oct 11 2012 at 8:09pm
Clap HAIR LOOKS VERY HEALTHY!

-------------
Reflections of Our Radiance

Posted By: MsMiamiLady
Date Posted: Oct 12 2012 at 2:25pm
your hair looks so healthy ! i want to start going back to getting weaves but i don't know if i could leave them in for 2months like i use to when i was in high school 

Posted By: mskraizy
Date Posted: Oct 12 2012 at 6:34pm
Awesome growth!! Your hair looks so healthy and your ends are to die for! Congrats on your progress, it almost makes me want to venture into the side of sew-in weaves.

-------------
"We're all in the same game, just different levels...
Dealing with the same hell, just different devils..."

Check me out at
http://uncommitedcoils.wordpress.com

Posted By: WarriorGurl233
Date Posted: Oct 15 2012 at 1:09pm
great progress!! your hair is gorgeous! Clap so do you do full sew ins or do you leave hair out?

-------------

Date Posted: Oct 17 2012 at 12:58am
Thanks  so much ladies. I leave my edges and the typical horseshoe leave out. 

Posted By: luvmybiga$$fro
Date Posted: Oct 19 2012 at 7:25pm
ITA with all the ladies who said that your hair looks healthy in all of your pics!!! You did an awesome job managing your transitioning hair, properly taking care of your hair whilst in the sew in, and your retention is on point! Awesome job all around!! GL with your HHJ!!

-------------
Happy 9th Nappiversay to Me and Cleo!

Posted By: wanderlust87
Date Posted: Oct 19 2012 at 9:39pm
Your hair & bod are in excellent shapeClapClap   This thread will encourage many lurkers & newcomers.

Posted By: cutescorpio
Date Posted: Oct 19 2012 at 9:56pm
Beautiful hair! And awesome growthClap

-------------
FWM, you know I got it. Not on here much- email: daysnakia01@hotmail.com

Posted By: natalie2u
Date Posted: Oct 20 2012 at 12:19am
looks greatThumbs Up

Posted By: urstruly
Date Posted: Oct 20 2012 at 3:08pm

very pretty!

Date Posted: Oct 20 2012 at 8:56pm
Thanks ladies!!! Smile

Posted By: AmberColour
Date Posted: Oct 20 2012 at 10:02pm
"My hair was growing okay..."
Uhh you better recognize!
The last pic, I had to pick up my jaw cause you done had it dropped.
O_O
Beautiful hair too!

-------------

Posted By: cutetyra
Date Posted: Oct 21 2012 at 12:44am
Great job!!! Congrats

Posted By: Model.lynn
Date Posted: Oct 21 2012 at 1:19am
Amazing results. I have been wearing sew ins since i was 16 and im 23 now and my hair is not even shoulder length! I join this site b/c I've shaved my head once and did the "big chop" 3 times. I LITERALLY don't know what to do next. 2 questions.. do you leave a little of  your natural hair out when you have a sew in or do you do full sew ins? Also what products do you use cause I have the entire line of Aphogee but I was told dont use it very often b/c of the high protein content. Sorry this is so long but your results are AMAZING I figured you were doing something right. thnx  Tongue

Posted By: femmemuscleisback
Date Posted: Oct 21 2012 at 7:38pm
beautiful growth and retention.. the problem is.. i can't wear weaves.  my fine hair can't take the tension.. 

Model, weaves don't work for everyone. There are people like the OP who can have the best of both worlds.  

I wore weaves for over 15 years, and wound up with "traction alopecia" huge bald areas and ear-shoulder length hair in some places/patches.. After i joined this forum in 2005, and finally realized/accepted 5 years after that?  i can not wear them for growth.

In the last  1 1/2 to 2 years since 2010 - 2011, i learned how to wear wigs properly, and use them as a protective style.

But sew-ins definitely works for the OP, and looks great!! but they aren't for everyone.

Smile

-------------
I've always said: If you have to wear a uniform to work? it's usually a sh*&tty job.

Posted By: tvlady
Date Posted: Oct 25 2012 at 1:22am
You make we want to run and buy some hair like right this minute.  Your hair is beautiful and congrats on the results.  Sew-ins helped me go from NL to BSL on my relaxed hair, but I haven't worn one since I BC 7 months ago.  You certainly have me rethinking that. 

-------------
BC March 2012
http://public.fotki.com/tvlady/

Posted By: Fashionista922
Date Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 3:45pm
Wow!!! Amazing progress keep it up!

-------------
No relaxer since 8/2008 and loving it♥
*MBL natural* heat-trained*

Posted By: 902sexxi
Date Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 2:06am
Great progress!

Posted By: Lightangel
Date Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 9:45am

Congratulations Clap Thumbs Up

Beautiful hair, just the push I needed to go back to sew-ins and give my natural hair a break from constant manipulation. RHO afro kinky here I go!

Posted By: DOLLHOUSESTYLIN
Date Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 11:44pm
Beautiful Hair.

What happened to the old bhm. All yall talk about any more is finding someones vendor or complaining about hair. What happened to the art and creation of it?  No one speaks of new techniques or coloring or cutting or styling any more... And you wonder why chics all have the same hair style, just in different lengths. No body wants to do hair anymore, just sell it...

Posted By: Phattygyrl
Date Posted: May 18 2014 at 11:36am
Hence the reason I haven't been on in a while.

Posted By: LaLady
Date Posted: May 19 2014 at 3:48pm
DOLLHOUSESTYLIN Phattygyrl, right!!
I came back after a few months, and it's still all about who can get their hands on the cheapest "virgin" hair..
Miss the good ol' days :-(

Print Page | Close Window