Print Page | Close Window

Closure Pics what can I do

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Hair Care
Forum Name: Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
Forum Description: Discussions on Weaves / Extensions (for Newbies)
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=348656
Printed Date: Apr 22 2019 at 9:03pm

Topic: Closure Pics what can I do
Posted By: live2shop10
Subject: Closure Pics what can I do
Date Posted: Sep 22 2012 at 10:14am
Hey ladies so I got my 3o+ inches installed late last night and Im in love. The length is going to take some time to get use to but its gorgeous. I have three and a half bundles (two 31-32, a 23, and half of a 23 plus my 16 in closure). My stylist did an okay job I believe but Im just not in love with how the closure looks. I am going back to her today for her to style my hair ( we didnt start until 2am and didnt finish until after 5) she said she would fix anything I wasnt happy with. Im gonna post pics below, any advice or suggestions would be very helpful as this is my bday installation and i want it to look perfect. I think that my biggest problem is the black line at the top of the closure. She didnt cut the lace because she said I would have to use glue to hold it down and instead just flipped it under. My braid pattern is braided down with a center part in the middle so the closure could lay on my scalp. If she cuts the lace can she still sew it down even though there is no anchor braid at the top? Im sorry if this is confusing let me know if you need any clarification 

Replies:
Posted By: ms.blue
Date Posted: Sep 22 2012 at 3:45pm
Is the black line your braids?

-------------
Only real women can support/compliment another without feeling some type of insecurity--Jay H.

Posted By: solena
Date Posted: Sep 22 2012 at 4:43pm
It looks too far back like its sitting behind hair line with no hair left out. Maybe she can sew down the front with clear thread if you're not comfortable with adhesives.

Posted By: shoefreakbaby
Date Posted: Sep 22 2012 at 4:54pm
did you put fabric under 

Posted By: GOBLUE
Date Posted: Sep 22 2012 at 5:00pm
OP, your stylist may be able to sew it down securely by just sewing the back and sides. If done correctly th front will lay flat without being stitched. Like others have said pull it forward and put fabric (pantyhose, etc...) under neath so you braids don't show through. HTH.

Posted By: barnesrb
Date Posted: Sep 22 2012 at 5:11pm
i would deff go back it looks like a wig. try putting it behind your hair line at least with your edges left out.

Date Posted: Sep 24 2012 at 1:32pm
@ms blue no the black line is the thread from where she sewed the closure down in the front. She flipped the lace underneath and then sewed it down without cutting the lace. @solena unfortunately thats what I had to do (use lace glue :() @shoefreakbaby no i didnt put fabric underneath the closure I bleached the knots. 

So I ended up going back on Saturday and having her fix it.She cut the lace and applied it to in front of my hairline and then glued it down. But for some reason Im still not feeling it. Its a free style part closure but I have it in a center part. Idk if its the fact that I think my forehead is to big and my eyebrows are to thin thats affecting how I feel about the closure. Im contemplating just having her cut mini bangs on the sides of the closure. Basically keeping the center part but have her cut mini layers on the sides of the closure so it can frame my big forehead. Here are some pics, please let me know if im overreacting or is it really bad.

Posted By: shoefreakbaby
Date Posted: Sep 24 2012 at 1:38pm
its too far back

Date Posted: Sep 24 2012 at 1:43pm
@shoefreakbaby thats what i thought if I have her take it down and move it about half an inch to an inch up do you think it will look better? and by chance how long do I have to wait for the adhesive to loosen up so that I can take off the closure,

Posted By: callmeDEva
Date Posted: Sep 24 2012 at 7:03pm
You can loosen the adhesive yourself without having to wait. You could buy a product specifically for that or google/youtube some other ways.

IA the closure is too far back. Have her move it up. Good luck!

-------------
There's power in your rolling hills. - My Aunt Jill

Posted By: solicitfashion
Date Posted: Sep 25 2012 at 7:43am

Its too far back hun.  To figure out my placement I start my closure/lace wig  4 fingers from my eyebrows.  Hope that makes sense.  You need to apply infront of your hairline and like others have said put a stocking or spray on SH to make your part look really natural. HTH

Posted By: LushHair_Fein
Date Posted: Sep 25 2012 at 9:59am

Yeah, it still looks too far back. 

* Try adding fabric or a stocking to your closure for more parting options...

* Try the got2b glued method is your want to gel down your closure.  It can hold for days or it can be used daily for those who like to remove units/closures each night. It washes out with water and is less damaging compared to wig glue/adhesive.

-------------
Educate before speculate..............

Posted By: GA_Diva
Date Posted: Sep 27 2012 at 7:57pm
It's too far back

Posted By: MsLisa2006
Date Posted: Sep 28 2012 at 1:28pm
ms blue I LOVE YOUR AVATAR LOL!!!

-------------

Store: http://www.etsy.com/shop/LisaGheelz
Instagram: lisagheelz

Posted By: 510QUEEN
Date Posted: Sep 28 2012 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by solena solena wrote:

It looks too far back like its sitting behind hair line with no hair left out. Maybe she can sew down the front with clear thread if you're not comfortable with adhesives.

ALL OF THIS

-------------

Date Posted: Sep 30 2012 at 10:01am
Hey ladies thank you so much for all your suggestions. So I went back to my stylist on Friday and told her that I wasnt comfortable with how the hair came out and she asked me what my grievances where. Basically I told her that it was just to far back and the glue started to wear off and you can basically see my widows peak and my new growth at my hairline. Im going on vacation Thursday and I told her I did that I think we should take it down and do it again. So we are going to do that Wednesday. Ive been watching youtube tutorials and it seems that everyone leaves some of their edges or baby hair out which I did not do. If I keep the same braid pattern ( parted in the middle and braid going downward) but add an additional anchor braid in the front for her to sew the closure with invisible thread would it look more realistic? Im going to go to a fabric store and get some fabric for underneath the closure because for some reason my scalp looks orange it looks fine to me but my coworker called me out and asked me if it was a lace wig Dead 

If you have any additional suggestions please feel free to share I need all the help I can get

Posted By: OneLove1987
Date Posted: Sep 30 2012 at 1:34pm
sorry you're having a hard time with this, i know how you feel, i freakin hate closures. what's your braid pattern underneath? sorry if i missed this.

you can either put a fabric underneath or dye the lace with rit dye. from the pictures, you should move the closure up like a smidge in front of your hairline. and even though youre opposed to glue, you may have to use it in this case to get it flat. def look up the got2b glued method. saved my life with my closure! this way you can "glue" or "gel" the closure directly on your hair line without damage to your hair because its just a heavy duty gel. def look it up.

then show us your long hair!!!!

Print Page | Close Window