Print Page | Close Window

best workout shoes?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Exercise, Fitness, & Health
Forum Name: Exercise
Forum Description: Discussions on Exercise
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=346800
Printed Date: Aug 15 2018 at 5:16pm


Topic: best workout shoes?
Posted By: miana79
Subject: best workout shoes?
Date Posted: Sep 04 2012 at 8:44pm
 
 Hello,Wink
 
I am on my weight loss journey.  I am trying to drop some punds after a pregnancy. My gym membership will start as of Friday. However, I do recall last year when working out I did ALOT of cardio on the treadmill 5days a week. and I got alot of foot pain, I was working out in my Puma's and I know that right there may have been the problem.
 
What  workout shoes do you recommend?



Replies:
Posted By: rubynaturalprincess
Date Posted: Sep 04 2012 at 9:53pm
Hope I can help! 

   I started looking into the best kind of workout shoes for my self earlier this year and a associate at City Sports helped me identify my foot by watching the way I walk. Puma's wont cut it, especially if there is no support.

Here is a guide similar to that, to help you choose the right running shoe. Now I know your not just going to be running, but this can help you know your feet better. What you really need is a cross trainer if you decide to switch up your workouts. 

http://www.therunningadvisor.com/running_shoes.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.therunningadvisor.com/running_shoes.html


As far as brands, I have slightly wide feet and the best shoe that I have is by Ryka. Nike's are beautiful to look at but too slim for my foot and no where near enough support and cushion. 

I own two pairs of these, best workout sneaks for my feet, period. 
  http://www.famousfootwear.com/en-US/Product/76353-1023056/Ryka/Metplatinum_Iron/Womens+Assist+XT+2.aspx" rel="nofollow - http://www.famousfootwear.com/en-US/Product/76353-1023056/Ryka/Metplatinum_Iron/Womens+Assist+XT+2.aspx

Hope I helped Smile


-------------
Positive energy in, negative energy out


Posted By: rubynaturalprincess
Date Posted: Sep 04 2012 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by rubynaturalprincess rubynaturalprincess wrote:

Hope I can help! 

   I started looking into the best kind of workout shoes for my self earlier this year and a associate at City Sports helped me identify my foot by watching the way I walk. Puma's wont cut it, especially if there is no support.

Here is a guide similar to that, to help you choose the right running shoe. Now I know your not just going to be running, but this can help you know your feet better. What you really need is a cross trainer if you decide to switch up your workouts. 

http://www.therunningadvisor.com/running_shoes.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.therunningadvisor.com/running_shoes.html


As far as brands, I have slightly wide feet and the best shoe that I have is by Ryka. Nike's are beautiful to look at but too slim for my foot and no where near enough support and cushion. 

I own two pairs of these, best workout sneaks for my feet, period. 
  http://www.famousfootwear.com/en-US/Product/76353-1023056/Ryka/Metplatinum_Iron/Womens+Assist+XT+2.aspx" rel="nofollow - http://www.famousfootwear.com/en-US/Product/76353-1023056/Ryka/Metplatinum_Iron/Womens+Assist+XT+2.aspx

Hope I helped Smile

^^^^They may look clunky but they are soo light and I have alot of support and cushioning. now these may not be the shoes for you but one you figure out your feet, you'll know what to look for.


-------------
Positive energy in, negative energy out


Posted By: NattyDoll
Date Posted: Sep 05 2012 at 10:25am
I need new running shoes like crazy. My shoes are worn out and torn up, and since I'm running on pavement, the recoil of hitting the ground so hard without any padding in my shoes is really hurting my legs.


Posted By: rubynaturalprincess
Date Posted: Sep 05 2012 at 11:04am
Originally posted by NattyDoll NattyDoll wrote:

I need new running shoes like crazy. My shoes are worn out and torn up, and since I'm running on pavement, the recoil of hitting the ground so hard without any padding in my shoes is really hurting my legs.

   I would recommend getting two pairs of a running shoes that caters to your feet and alternate esp since you run on concrete. The guide above should help you. It may sound silly to buy two pairs but you'll save your shoes and your feet.  And there are brands that are not $$$ that are good for your feet (for ex. RYKA)  Also get some epsom salt and soak your feet twice a week and stretch for a good 30 min before and after a workout to prevent injury. 


-------------
Positive energy in, negative energy out


Posted By: miana79
Date Posted: Sep 05 2012 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by rubynaturalprincess rubynaturalprincess wrote:

Hope I can help! 

   I started looking into the best kind of workout shoes for my self earlier this year and a associate at City Sports helped me identify my foot by watching the way I walk. Puma's wont cut it, especially if there is no support.

Here is a guide similar to that, to help you choose the right running shoe. Now I know your not just going to be running, but this can help you know your feet better. What you really need is a cross trainer if you decide to switch up your workouts. 

http://www.therunningadvisor.com/running_shoes.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.therunningadvisor.com/running_shoes.html


As far as brands, I have slightly wide feet and the best shoe that I have is by Ryka. Nike's are beautiful to look at but too slim for my foot and no where near enough support and cushion. 

I own two pairs of these, best workout sneaks for my feet, period. 
  http://www.famousfootwear.com/en-US/Product/76353-1023056/Ryka/Metplatinum_Iron/Womens+Assist+XT+2.aspx" rel="nofollow - http://www.famousfootwear.com/en-US/Product/76353-1023056/Ryka/Metplatinum_Iron/Womens+Assist+XT+2.aspx

Hope I helped Smile

thank u sooo much, gonna check out the link now.


Posted By: NattyDoll
Date Posted: Sep 06 2012 at 11:03am
Originally posted by rubynaturalprincess rubynaturalprincess wrote:


   I would recommend getting two pairs of a running shoes that caters to your feet and alternate esp since you run on concrete. The guide above should help you. It may sound silly to buy two pairs but you'll save your shoes and your feet.  And there are brands that are not $$$ that are good for your feet (for ex. RYKA)  Also get some epsom salt and soak your feet twice a week and stretch for a good 30 min before and after a workout to prevent injury. 

Thank you very much! Unfortunately, I'm unemployed right now, so I will barely be able to afford one pair. But I'll only use those shoes for running, and I'll keep these worn-down ones for everyday wear and work. Hopefully I'll get a job before the new running shoes wear out, and then I'll buy two pairs. ;) I really should stretch some more before a workout, I know I've been neglectful in that aspect.

I really hurt my feet running today. I went a few miles through the adjoining neighborhood, and I think I hurt my feet so bad because I'm not used to the sidewalk there (I've walked through my neighborhood enough times to know where the cracks and bumps are). Probably gonna have to look for some shoes this weekend!


Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Sep 14 2012 at 8:52pm
It really depends on what kind of workout you are doing, for running I lve my adidas running shoes. I bought the men's ones, I swear they have more cushion and are more comfortable. I wear my reebok flex ones for my Bootcamp class, I wear my puma,s for taebo, and I just got some Nike revolutions from Macy's and they feel great.

Pumas usually don't offer any support so your feet feel all the shock of the cardio you are doing, Unless you have the ones that are not flat.

Hope that helps.

-------------
If you about to send me a pm about something I said don't, it is what it is. If you want to pm me about some half ass hair bidness you trying to start with your tax refund I will ignore you.


Posted By: KateRussell
Date Posted: May 26 2014 at 6:45am
I used to wear large joggers for walk.  


Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Oct 22 2014 at 1:37pm
You need to find the best workout shoes for you!
I discovered recently that I am forefoot striker, which means that when I run or say go up stairs, the first thing to hit the floor is my forefoot, which means that I need a shoe with cushion on the forefoot.

I am also a overpronator, which means that my foot rolls inward, so a shoe with midsole cushion would be nice.

I buy my shoes on shoebacca dot com, because they have great running shoes on sale, offer free shipping and don't charge sales tax, so I searched for shoes with midsole and forefoot cushion and found a few options.

This article has some info about underpronation and overpronation:

http://www.runnersworld.com/tag/pronation" rel="nofollow - http://www.runnersworld.com/tag/pronation

Another way to find if you are over or underpronator is to have someone standing behind you to see how your feet leans inward or outward you you are standing up.


Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Nov 30 2015 at 9:21pm
my feet have been hurting for a while, and i am guessing the running shoes that I have are not ideal for me. bumping this thread because a lot of people don't know how to pick shoes for themselves.


Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Dec 10 2015 at 12:20pm
I got a new pair of running shoes, and those are the best I ever had. I actually have them on right now, even though I am at home, because they are that comfortable. Any other running shoes and I would have taken them off by now.

It's new balance 993, they don't make it anymore so I got it at an outlet from MO that ships to other states. Those shoes have all the cushion I need and I think I will buy another 2 pairs before they completely run out of this model.


Posted By: spencer4hire
Date Posted: Dec 28 2015 at 11:43am
I highly recommend the Nike Flex Trainer   for those needing a wide or roomier toe bed. The are very light and super comfortable.

I found them at Ross for $35


Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Jan 24 2016 at 11:15pm
i do run, punk, you don't know shyt

stay in your lane hoe


Posted By: fanbrits johnson
Date Posted: Apr 12 2016 at 8:19am
Nike's recent sneekers are quite comfortable. Tried them last months when was trying to find shoes going with my   http://rg-leotard.com/leotards/designleotards - custom leotard and they look and fit perfectly well for my work outs. I'm more into athletic work outs but I'm sure they'll be great for trade mill as well


%5C"http://www.40-a.ru/catalog/2906/%5C" - \u043a\u0443\u043f\u0438\u0442\u044c \u043f\u043b\u0430\u043d\u0448\u0435\u0442 \u0432 \u043a\u0430\u043b\u0438\u043d\u0438\u043d\u0433\u0440\u0430\u0434\u0435"}" data-sheets-formula="=CONCATENATE(R[0]C[-6];R[0]C[-7];R[0]C[-5];R[0]C[-8];R[0]C[-4])"><a href="http://rg-leotard.com/leotards/Designleotards">custom leotard</a> http://www.40-a.ru/catalog/2906/ - \u043a\u0443\u043f\u0438\u0442\u044c \u043f\u043b\u0430\u043d\u0448\u0435\u0442 \u0432 \u043a\u0430\u043b\u0438\u043d\u0438\u043d\u0433\u0440\u0430\u0434\u0435"}" data-sheets-formula="=CONCATENATE(R[0]C[-4];R[0]C[-8];R[0]C[-3];R[0]C[-9];R[0]C[-2])">[url=http://rg-leotard.com/leotards/Designleotards]custom leotard[/url]



Print Page | Close Window