Print Page | Close Window

SERIOUS HELP! Sick of my natural hair! HELP!!!

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Hair Care
Forum Name: Hair Growth (Newbies)
Forum Description: Hair Growth issues, solutions, and discussions (for Newbies)
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=346708
Printed Date: Sep 19 2020 at 4:03pm

Topic: SERIOUS HELP! Sick of my natural hair! HELP!!!
Posted By: BrownnShuga
Subject: SERIOUS HELP! Sick of my natural hair! HELP!!!
Date Posted: Sep 03 2012 at 1:10pm
Hey Guys, I'm a not so wonderful hair situation at the moment.

July 2011, I decided that the relaxer I was doing would be my last in a long time, or my last one EVER. I begun to dislike how thin my hair was after relaxing it & I also started to get those 'Invisible Ends' whenever I combed my hair out.

So until this day (3rd Sept 2012) I have not touched relaxer ONCE! I'm so happy!!. I've done this through full weaves, tree braids & right now I have crotchet and weave at the back.

Howeverrrrrr, My natural hair is a nightmare to deal with, I don't even think there's a 'type' its just too thick and tough to deal with. I can't take it anymore. I'm trying to grow out the relaxed hair WITHOUT the big chop. Parting the hair for cornrows hurts like mad, luckily my mum does my hair because I'm almost crying it killsEmbarrassed

So I started this to know what should I do?? I was thinking to texturize it just so its more manageable because I haven't worn my hair out for the past 14 months. I miss the freedom and I'd love to join a hair challenge at some point where I can wash my hair regularly.

So please please PLEASEEEE help me out, I'm so stuck right now, Very tempted to relax it but I feel like I've come so far. And I know you can all help me out in some way. I'd appreciate anything. I live in London, so any products that you may suggest I might not have access to.

Replies:
Posted By: breBR3bre
Date Posted: Sep 03 2012 at 3:41pm
Hey hun there are alot of things you can do if you don't want to go back to the relaxers.
If parting your hair is that much of pain it could be that it isn't properly detangled, try a good detangling. Detangling is best when done with a very thick conditioner. For detangling I love the Creme of Nature Detangling Shampoo, even before the conditioner my hair is very easy to comb through. Remember to detangle in sections with a wide tooth comb.

If you want to wear your hair out more there are alot of styles you can do while letting your relaxer grow out. You can do twist outs, braid outs, bantu knot outs, etc. Search YouTube for "transitioning styles".

If you want to wear your hair out and straight you can also try heat training. A lot of people will tell you to stay away from heat styling at all costs, but there is nothing wrong with it if it is done with the proper products, and is done in moderation like once or twice a month, even weekly if you can do it without damaging your hair.

A short description of heat training: http://madamenoire.com/112628/is-heat-trained-hair-for-you/" rel="nofollow - http://madamenoire.com/112628/is-heat-trained-hair-for-you/ 

Hope I helped someBig smile

Date Posted: Sep 03 2012 at 5:21pm
Thank you for that, I will be looking for that shampoo in the shops & I've never heard of heat training! Something new so thank you again! :)

Posted By: Veemack
Date Posted: Sep 03 2012 at 5:49pm
Hello, there are lots of things you can do with your hair. So much great information already posted on this site and many other forums. I hear these stories all the time. To learn your natural hair it takes more than just techniques and products, we have to change our mindset also. If you truly miss the versatility of relaxed hair, then I say go with your plan to texlax or fully relax your hair. Texlax, which is underprocessing your hair, takes more care than fully relaxed hair. So choose wisely. Think about what your ultimate goal is for your hair on the long term. Once you get a clear goal, focus only on your goal. And doing those things which will get you closer to your goal. It will not be smooth sailing, but you will be happy once you reach your goal and maintain your hair. Blessings!!!!!!!!!

-------------
I am a happy positive God fearing sister, this is why I can show my face. Freely I speak irl, so I do not need to get on the net to vent. I love positivity. Don't be mad nor confused about that.

Date Posted: Sep 04 2012 at 3:25am
Thanks Veemack so is 'texlaxing' hair basically using relaxer but leaving it on for only a few minutes? And if I was to do this or texturize it, do you think I could still reach hair length goals? I mean will lightly chemically treating the hair hinder my hair growth? At the moment, I'm thinking bra-strap length possibly by the end of 2013.

Date Posted: Sep 04 2012 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by BrownnShuga BrownnShuga wrote:

Thanks Veemack so is 'texlaxing' hair basically using relaxer but leaving it on for only a few minutes? And if I was to do this or texturize it, do you think I could still reach hair length goals? I mean will lightly chemically treating the hair hinder my hair growth? At the moment, I'm thinking bra-strap length possibly by the end of 2013.
Right you leave the relaxer on for a shorter period of time, in hopes that your natural curl pattern will only relax a little and not straight. If you choose this route, it takes lots more care, and can get tricky. Yes it is still possible to achieve your hair goals. As long as you are willing to put in work with your hair. Since you seem frustrated by your hair right now, I do not recommend it. If you choose this route I recommend looking up KISS the creator of that forum she texlaxes her hair. And she transitioned from relaxed to texlaxed. You may see some useful information amongst her articles. I recommend: protein treatments, keep hair moisturized, limit your heat (heat is the main thing to make your hair break when it is relaxed) Opt for rollersets, and updos. Limit your hair braiding, this breaks relaxed hair after a time. Wearing your hair in buns is a good way to help retain your length. These things are a start. Mostly paying close attention to your hair after you put the chemicals in it, to see what your hair needs.

-------------
I am a happy positive God fearing sister, this is why I can show my face. Freely I speak irl, so I do not need to get on the net to vent. I love positivity. Don't be mad nor confused about that.

Posted By: Swift
Date Posted: Sep 04 2012 at 7:11pm
I have hair the coils into itself.  I learned early in the game to keep my hair stretched and to not let it shrink...ever!  I wash my hair in braids and let it dry in those braids.  I moisurize and seal in those braids as well. I also like banding my hair to stretch it out.  I love it better than when I blow it out with the blowdryer.

Have you checked out the Natural Section or the archives? 

I also had to start retraining my mind.  I began looking through the Natural Hair Inspiration thread and hanging out in places where natural hair pictures were posted.  That helped me to see the versatility of natural hair and I also began to aspire to recreate some of the styles. 

GL w/whatever you decide.  I have never transition and only lasted 2 months when I tried to do it.

-------------
BC: 10-Jun-09, 0" Ceasar
Ayurveda * Low cones/sulfates * Low Manipulation
LTG: Big poofy hair
Trying to KISS
http://public.fotki.com/MzSwift/

Date Posted: Sep 05 2012 at 7:13am
Hey Veemack, I'm confused, wouldn't you recommend texlaxing/texurizing my hair if I do find it hard to work with? Maybe you mistyped, i'm not sure. Also where can I find 'Kiss'? as i'm so intrigued into her transitioning. 
Also I do find it very hard to stay away from braiding because being a student, its so much more manageable to have a full weave/twists/braids as they are like 'get-up n go' hairstyles and also very protective which keeps me away from heat. Most of my hair is natural as I have been gradually trimming off the relaxed ends. Thank you by the way!!!!Tongue

Date Posted: Sep 05 2012 at 7:23am
Hey Swift,
Such a good idea that braid your hair as you wash! I will be trying that when I wash my hair next. and yes I have had a look at the natural section, they just would let me post the new thread there for some reason.

Also, what is 'banding'? and I had a look at that thread, really great. Thank you. What did you do when you said you only lasted 2 months to transition?

And your hair is LOVELY!!!! Whatever you're doing, keep it up!!!

Date Posted: Sep 05 2012 at 1:34pm

Hey Veemack, I'm confused, wouldn't you recommend texlaxing/texurizing my hair if I do find it hard to work with? Maybe you mistyped, i'm not sure. Also where can I find 'Kiss'? as i'm so intrigued into her transitioning. 
Also I do find it very hard to stay away from braiding because being a student, its so much more manageable to have a full weave/twists/braids as they are like 'get-up n go' hairstyles and also very protective which keeps me away from heat. Most of my hair is natural as I have been gradually trimming off the relaxed ends. Thank you by the way!!!!Tongue
That is one of the problems with getting your hair texlaxed, is that people do it to make their hair more manageable, but then end of regretting it and experiencing hair loss. I recommended not to do it,because it requires extra care and attention that you may be to aggravated to give right now. Since you said you were frustrated....And I yes I understand about the braids. so I recommend getting a good protein treatment to protect your hair. And keeping it braided or weaved up. But taking it down every 10 weeks and making sure while it is braided that you are washing it weekly and taking care of your scalp. Braids are the easiest for college students in my opinion. But do not get to slack with them. Braid your hair up to take your mind off of it,right now. Think hard before you add more chemicals, because that is permanent. Never do things out of frustration, because sometimes we do not make the best choices when we are at our wits end. Get a protein treatment, coat your hair with shea butter and braid it up. Keep your scalp oiled and wash weekly. Think about the chemicals before you proceed.

-------------

Date Posted: Sep 08 2012 at 3:14pm
Hello, this lady texlaxes her hair and she has a hair forum and youtube page. I think you should take some time and listen to a lot of her videos.

-------------

Date Posted: Sep 08 2012 at 3:17pm
Her name is Tracey and her youtube page is KISSseventyseven

-------------

Posted By: littlebabybug
Date Posted: Sep 08 2012 at 9:30pm
hi there! i know how you feel. it can be a pain trying to figure things out. but i second both what veemack and the first responder said. in the past when my roots were nearly impossible to get through to part, it was ALWAYS because i hadn't taken the time to properly detangle my hair. now my hair is EASY to manage and handle and i almost NEVER have issues, because i stay on top of my detangling. so make sure that from the time you get through washing your hair, you immediately detangle and set it. don't give your hair the chance to get outta control. my hair is always in some kind of defined curly state because it keeps my strands aligned and therefore unable to tangle up. or i reset it into chunky twists. this reduces the time i have to spend on it and gives me the freedom to wash my hair as often as i wish without having to dread detangling afterward. our hair takes a lot of planning, but once you get familiar with it it becomes second nature and you start to not see it as awful at all. it all has to do with a unique approach. i wash my hair as frequently as every 2-3 days and i rarely get breakage or anything, especially since my last cut. i would recommend a book called Tightly Curly, as it helped me bunches with not seeing my hair as a total albatross. 
good luck! let us know how it all worked out. i'd hate for you to put a chemical in it,simply because, as veemack said, relaxers and texlaxes require SOOO much more work in order for you to keep your hair healthy. give natural another shot, and see how it works out. i have few products to recommend simply because the only product i use is conditioner. and for me, almost any conditioner goes. so long as it aids in your detangling process, it's all you need, especially if you follow the tightly curly or the naturallycurly method. whichever one. 

-------------
4 inches to BSB!
**SL reached June 2013**
Check out my blog at http://thegrowthexperience.blogspot.com

Posted By: Sugar.Bits
Date Posted: Sep 08 2012 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by breBR3bre breBR3bre wrote:

If you want to wear your hair out and straight you can also try heat training. A lot of people will tell you to stay away from heat styling at all costs, but there is nothing wrong with it if it is done with the proper products, and is done in moderation like once or twice a month, even weekly if you can do it without damaging your hair.

A short description of heat training: http://madamenoire.com/112628/is-heat-trained-hair-for-you/ - http://madamenoire.com/112628/is-heat-trained-hair-for-you/ 

Hope I helped someBig smile

I'm a bit late, but I want to tell you the heat training is not something you want to do. "Heat training" is when one intentionally damages their hair so that it stays straight. This is not good and can ultimate lead to breakage.

I'm not trying to scare you away from heat or anything since I do get blow outs from time to time, but please don't this... you don't need to damage your hair just to get it straight. 

Posted By: Saniyah5
Date Posted: Sep 08 2012 at 11:54pm
I think you just need a good detangler.... when i was transitioning i used just for me 2-1 (the best) its much better when you cut it off tho but i know how hard it is to do the big chop lol (i cried) also you can do a honey and EVOO deep conditioner that helps 

Date Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 6:28pm
Hey ladies, apologies for not replying or keeping in contact for so long, I've started a new year in college, so there's lots of work, and I just moved into a new home which took up alot of my time, I also got a part-time job, which has taken up even more of my free time!!

Being so busy it makes me wonder how I could even be taking care of my hair as much as you ladies do!! Some here have big families, working everyday and STILL manage to take time out for their hair.

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas
< ="RDVideo" ="application/x-rn-downloaderpepperflashvideoshim-plugin" ="" width="300" height="0" -offsetleft="2" -offsettop="130">
< id="_npwlo" ="applicationpwlo" height="0">

Date Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 6:59pm
I'd just like to th
< ="RDVideo" ="application/x-rn-downloaderpepperflashvideoshim-plugin" ="" width="300" height="0" -offsetleft="105" -offsettop="15">
ank you allll for the really helpful replies, and all so fast, I have tried to take all of your help and try and apply it to myself i.e having it in braids whilst washing (@Swift) even though half
< ="RDVideo" ="application/x-rn-downloaderpepperflashvideoshim-plugin" ="" width="300" height="0" -offsetleft="25" -offsettop="47">
way through, those braids had undone themselves lol, maybe I should have done them smaller.

Also using natural oils (@Saniyah5) very helpful, I'm trying to use natural hair oils only - such as olive oil/coconut oil.

Also @Veemack thanks for suggesting KISS, and all the really helpful and encouraging info I have subscribed to her YouTube channel and once I am ready to start my hair journey properly, I will be signing up to her website.

BUTTTT now for what I've done with my hair for the past 3 (almost 4!) months, I'm quite dissapointed with myself and the plan slightly backfired on me :( 

Sept- Mid Oct - Crotchet, curly- water wave

Mid Oct- Late Nov - Crotchet, curly - water wave
When braiding after washing, hair was much more softer and less painful, not as bad as before!Big smile

Late Nov - Present - Straight weave with horseshoe leave outShocked

< ="RDVideo" ="application/x-rn-downloaderpepperflashvideoshim-plugin" ="" width="300" height="0" -offsetleft="2" -offsettop="470">

Date Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 7:30pm
Sooo, this is where it went a bit pear-shaped :(

I attempted to go for the texlax method, so I bought a kids relaxer, I found there are several ways of texlaxing (see below)

http://voices.yahoo.com/how-texlax-hair-simple-texlaxing-techniques-4823912. - http://voices.yahoo.com/how-texlax-hair-simple-texlaxing-techniques-4823912.html

I thought the idea of reducing time wouldn't be good because I have ALOT of hair which is very thick therefore the chemicals would have been in my hair for long anyway (hope that makes sense)

I bought soft and beautiful (I think) which also had a colour code shampoo which was really helpful, I never knew that existed lol.

Before applying the relaxer, I prepooed, (hope that's the right word) my hair with EVOO, I coated my hair from root to tip and left it overnight.

As said before I have a lot of hair which is very thick, we ran out of relaxer!!, My mum had to use it sparingly to make sure she got some everywhere

This obviously resulted in some areas to be more processed than others Angry But i should have known to buy two because after all its for a child lol Clap and I was not happy with the results it was like I had never relaxed it at all! yet the edges were very straight

So I did the weave, and since then I've been straightening the leave out (NOT GOOD!) soo now I have split ends!! #LessonLearnt

You can check out my hair on instagram
@Mz_ALC

Huge update guys thanks for reading if you got this far!!!
< ="RDVideo" ="application/x-rn-downloaderpepperflashvideoshim-plugin" ="" width="300" height="0" -offsetleft="2" -offsettop="2">

Date Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 7:32pm
< ="RDVideo" ="application/x-rn-downloaderpepperflashvideoshim-plugin" ="" width="0" height="0" -offsetleft="2" -offsettop="3">
Sooo, this is where it went a bit pear-shaped :(

I attempted to go for the texlax method, so I bought a kids relaxer, I found there are several ways of texlaxing (see below)

http://voices.yahoo.com/how-texlax-hair-simple-texlaxing-techniques-4823912. - http://voices.yahoo.com/how-texlax-hair-simple-texlaxing-techniques-4823912.html

I thought the idea of reducing time wouldn't be good because I have ALOT of hair which is very thick therefore the chemicals would have been in my hair for long anyway (hope that makes sense)

I bought soft and beautiful (I think) which also had a colour code shampoo which was really helpful, I never knew that existed lol.

Before applying the relaxer, I prepooed, (hope that's the right word) my hair with EVOO, I coated my hair from root to tip and left it overnight.

As said before I have a lot of hair which is very thick, we ran out of relaxer!!, My mum had to use it sparingly to make sure she got some everywhere

This obviously resulted in some areas to be more processed than others Angry But i should have known to buy two because after all its for a child lol Clap and I was not happy with the results it was like I had never relaxed it at all! yet the edges were very straight

So I did the weave, and since then I've been straightening the leave out (NOT GOOD!) soo now I have split ends!! #LessonLearnt

You can check out my hair on instagram
@Mz_ALC

Huge update guys thanks for reading if you got this far

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 7:49am
Shuga whats going on with your posts?

Date Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 9:20am
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

Shuga whats going on with your posts?

Oh wow i really dont know why its doing that!! I thought it would only show up like that on my laptop!

< ="RDVideo" ="application/x-rn-downloaderpepperflashvideoshim-plugin" ="" width="0" height="0" -offsetleft="0" -offsettop="0">

Date Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 9:26am
REPOSTING THE PREVIOUS POSTS FROM ABOVE

I'd just like to thank you allll for the really helpful replies, and all so fast, I have tried to take all of your help and try and apply it to myself i.e having it in braids whilst washing (@Swift) even though halfway they undid themselves, next time i will braid them smaller.

Using natural oils (@Saniyah5) very helpful, I'm trying to use natural hair oils only - such as olive oil/coconut oil.

Also @Veemack thanks for suggesting KISS, and all the really helpful and encouraging info I have subscribed to her YouTube channel and once I am ready to start my hair journey properly, I will be signing up to her website.

BUTTTT now for what I've done with my hair for the past 3 (almost 4!) months, I'm quite dissapointed with myself and the plan slightly backfired on me :( 

Sept- Mid Oct - Crotchet, curly- water wave

Mid Oct- Late Nov - Crotchet, curly - water wave
When braiding after washing, hair was much more softer and less painful, not as bad as before!Big smile

Late Nov - Present - Straight weave with horseshoe leave outShocked
< ="RDVideo" ="application/x-rn-downloaderpepperflashvideoshim-plugin" ="" width="300" height="0" -offsetleft="2" -offsettop="362">

Date Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 9:34am
REPOST BECAUSE PREVIOUS POST COULDNT BE SEEN
I attempted to go for the texlax method, so I bought a kids relaxer, I found there are several ways of texlaxing (see below) 
I thought the idea of reducing time wouldn't be good because I have ALOT of hair which is very thick therefore the chemicals would have been in my hair for long anyway (hope that makes sense) I bought soft and beautiful (I think) which also had a colour code shampoo which was really helpful, I never knew that existed lol. 
Before applying the relaxer, I prepooed, (hope that's the right word) my hair with EVOO, I coated my hair from root to tip and left it overnight.As said before I have a lot of hair which is very thick, we ran out of relaxer!!, My mum had to use it sparingly to make sure she got some everywhere
You can check out my hair on instagram@Mz_ALC 
Huge update guys thanks for reading if you got this far!!

X

Date Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 9:36am
< ="RDVideo" ="application/x-rn-downloaderpepperflashvideoshim-plugin" ="" width="627" height="16" -offsetleft="2" -offsettop="2">

REPOST BECAUSE PREVIOUS POST COULDNT BE SEEN

I thought the idea of reducing time wouldn't be good because I have ALOT of hair which is very thick therefore the chemicals would have been in my hair for long anyway (hope that makes sense) I bought soft and beautiful (I think) which also had a colour code shampoo which was really helpful, I never knew that existed lol. 

Before applying the relaxer, I prepooed, (hope that's the right word) my hair with EVOO, I coated my hair from root to tip and left it overnight.As said before I have a lot of hair which is very thick, we ran out of relaxer!!, My mum had to use it sparingly to make sure she got some everywhere

This obviously resulted in some areas to be more processed than others Confused But i should have known to buy two because after all its for a child lol Clapand I was not happy with the results it was like I had never relaxed it at all! yet the edges were very straight 

You can check out my hair on instagram@Mz_ALC 

Huge update guys thanks for reading if you got this far!!

Date Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 10:22am
You are welcome!
Sorry things did not turn out right for you, just keep your hair deep conditioned and if it starts to break at all get a protein treatment to strengthen your hair. So it did not take all the way? Under processing (texlaxing) can be very tricky, and can also damage your hair just as much as a full relaxer.....If you decide to continue with trying it again, go with your gut and purchase two kits if you choose the kiddy box. Then part your hair straight across from ear to ear. Let your mom apply the front and you do the back or vice versus. Just do half and half, front and back. Even if you do it yourself you can do the front one day and the back the next day. Many years ago this is how I would relax my hair when it was long, because it was just to much work and once a piece of hair with relaxer fell into my eye while relaxing. Not good! So I started doing half one day and half the next, but front half and back half so it would look uniformed as far as straightness. ......May God give you strength to complete all your tasks, I understand being busy, you just learn to work around your schedule and still get your beauty time in. Blessings!!!!!

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 6:08am
< ="RDVideo" ="application/x-rn-downloaderpepperflashvideoshim-plugin" ="" width="300" height="0" -offsetleft="2" -offsettop="2">

Hi Veemack,
Thank you! I really thought i had this planned out but I knew the leave out idea and constant straightening wouldn't have been ideal. I'm trying to keep my hair moistured whilst its in the weave but the weave pattern underneath makes it quite difficult, but Im still coping, i will buy a nozzle bottle which should do the trick, I will hopefully be taking this hair out around new years and doing long twists which will be great for protection and easy moisturizing.

I totally love that idea of the 2 people working on 2 halves, I never thought of that or 2 separate days! definitely going to try that, and I really want to post a pic but i dont know how!

Do you have any tips for split ends? I heard olive oil helps, is there anything else i could do?

Thank you so much @Veemack for all your help so far, you are soooo encouraging it really amazes me, keep on spreading the lovely info you have for us!! 

I will definitely keep you updated more regularly

Stay Blessed! x

Date Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 3:26pm

Hi Veemack,
Thank you! I really thought i had this planned out but I knew the leave out idea and constant straightening wouldn't have been ideal. I'm trying to keep my hair moistured whilst its in the weave but the weave pattern underneath makes it quite difficult, but Im still coping, i will buy a nozzle bottle which should do the trick, I will hopefully be taking this hair out around new years and doing long twists which will be great for protection and easy moisturizing.

I totally love that idea of the 2 people working on 2 halves, I never thought of that or 2 separate days! definitely going to try that, and I really want to post a pic but i dont know how!

Do you have any tips for split ends? I heard olive oil helps, is there anything else i could do?

Thank you so much @Veemack for all your help so far, you are soooo encouraging it really amazes me, keep on spreading the lovely info you have for us!! 

I will definitely keep you updated more regularly

Stay Blessed! x
You are so welcomed! Anytime! I try to help people get results, if they do the work.....For split ends, purchase a pair of cutting shears to use only for your hair and cut the split ends off. Keeping your strands lubricated with oil does help but do it daily continue with the olive oil but alternate with coconut oil because it strengthens the hair also. The key is preventing them from appearing, because once you get them, you can hide them but only get rid of them by cutting them off. When your hair is weak and dry your strands will start to split in most cases from the bottom. So keeping your hair strong and moisturized is going to eliminate split ends. Also take a look at the comb your are using, if you use a comb daily it is best to use a seamless comb. These cost more than the average comb but they are so worth it. Google seamless combs. Do not brush your hair at all or very little if you must use a brush. Watch how your hair rubs against things as you go throughout your day. Like your coat, car seat and chair at home. Try to wear your hair up and off your shoulders as much as you can. You look pretty young so you should be healthy, but if your diet is full of junk food or fast food you may need to consider a good multi vitamin. Being deficient is certain vitamins can lead to chronic split ends. Drink lots of water to stay hydrated.

Summary:
Cut off split ends
develop a regimen to prevent them from occuring
Wash and deep condition (with heat) weekly
oil your scalp and hair daily with coconut oil or olive oil (natural oils only)
Purchase a seamless comb
No brushes or low brushing
Wear low manipulation hairstyles at least 5 days a week
Drink lots of water
consider a multi vitamin if your diet is full of fast food.
Less heat or not heat styling. If you need to flat iron then do not blow dry your hair, let it air dry.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 10:10pm

Hey veemack i will be taking my hair out this week so, I will be giving my leave out a well deserved break and to be honest with you my diet hasnt been great recently because of having time off from college, but I will definitely be stepping my game up. Do you take any multi-vitamins? if so which ones?

Date Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 7:15am
I understand that, I remember when I was in college, but what you can do is try to keep healthy snacks that you like and type of fruits or nuts. This way at least your snack foods are healthier....I take One Source hair skin and nail vitamin it is a good vitamin that absorbs really well into your system. It is cheap like $11 at Walmart. Then I take a more expensive liquid vitamin called Mineral Rich which I ordered off line.....But at your age a simple vitamin that absorbs really good is all you need. I would even recommend the gummies multi vitamins they are good find them right at Walmart or CVS.....Add more exercise to your life, the more you move the better your blood circulates, good blood circulation is need for hair growth and living. Blessings!!!

-------------

Print Page | Close Window