Print Page | Close Window

Treatment for Stretch Marks

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=344015
Printed Date: Jun 18 2018 at 8:48am


Topic: Treatment for Stretch Marks
Posted By: Jewelsnyc
Subject: Treatment for Stretch Marks
Date Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 1:35pm
This is a spin off of sorts...I came across this product called a dermaroller, which is said to drastically reduce stretch marks. It is a device that has small needles that you roll over the problem area and I guess causes the skin to regenerate faster, as well as allows for any topical cream to penetrate better...
 
 
Have any of you tried it?
 
Do you have any other products that worked on stretch marks?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
It's supposed to help with acne scarring too...
 


-------------
You gon get this work Nicca



Replies:
Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 1:36pm
are those sharp spikes ? are you cutting yourself with that roller ? 


Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 1:38pm
That thing looks painful
 
 


Posted By: Jewelsnyc
Date Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

are those sharp spikes ? are you cutting yourself with that roller ? 
Derma rolling is also known as micro-needling, skin rolling or collagen induction therapy (CIT). Our derma roller is made of high grade micro needles which roll over and penetrate the skins upper surface painlessly. Our roller is a class 1 medical device which is simple and easy to use at home. In fact, it has very similar results to Laser Treatment, Chemical Peels and Dermabrasion, but is considerably less invasive (without any of the skin trauma) and carries only a fraction of the cost. This revolutionary device provides two major benefits. Firstly, they stimulate collagen growth which significantly improves the appearance of scars, fine lines, wrinkles, stretch marks, and acne scars. Secondly, they allow the application of creams, gels and oils, to be absorbed more effectively boosting their effectiveness. This treatment also assists hair loss treatments and cellulite reduction.


-------------
You gon get this work Nicca


Posted By: HowardAlumAKA
Date Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 1:41pm
A friend told me about this procedure, its best that you have it done by a professional. The longer the needles the better the results.


Posted By: Jewelsnyc
Date Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 1:45pm
Here is what I found on the process:
 

There are two methods of Derma Rolling. One version involves the use of cream to numb the area, followed by more aggressive use of the derma roller once per week. The second alternative, involves using the device with slight pressure up to 5 times per week. Using the device gently gives a tickling feeling and is not painful – although your face is more sensitive to it than your body.



-------------
You gon get this work Nicca


Posted By: HowardAlumAKA
Date Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

Here is what I found on the process:
 

There are two methods of Derma Rolling. One version involves the use of cream to numb the area, followed by more aggressive use of the derma roller once per week. The second alternative, involves using the device with slight pressure up to 5 times per week. Using the device gently gives a tickling feeling and is not painful – although your face is more sensitive to it than your body.





I have some marks on my thighs...I'll do it if you do....lol


Posted By: BakedCookie
Date Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 1:51pm
no leaves scars and hyperpigmentation on people with darkskin. it dont work


Posted By: Jewelsnyc
Date Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 1:53pm
my son actually has stretch marks & on his arms and along his back...I was thinking about getting it for him. My stretch marks...please who don't like'em...oh well...

-------------
You gon get this work Nicca


Posted By: Jewelsnyc
Date Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by BakedCookie BakedCookie wrote:

no leaves scars and hyperpigmentation on people with darkskin. it dont work
You've tried it personally? Or have you read up on it?

-------------
You gon get this work Nicca


Posted By: BakedCookie
Date Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

Originally posted by BakedCookie BakedCookie wrote:

no leaves scars and hyperpigmentation on people with darkskin. it dont work
You've tried it personally? Or have you read up on it?
yep i tried it. a waste of money. the needles would get dull or bend after one session. i went through half of them just needling one stretch mark. and then it left me with hyperpigmentation. i dont recommend


Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 1:57pm
Soy Butter and time.

-------------
When I read some of the post on BHM.


Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 1:58pm
emu oil?

-------------


PEACE


Posted By: Jewelsnyc
Date Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by BakedCookie BakedCookie wrote:

Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

Originally posted by BakedCookie BakedCookie wrote:

no leaves scars and hyperpigmentation on people with darkskin. it dont work
You've tried it personally? Or have you read up on it?
yep i tried it. a waste of money. the needles would get dull or bend after one session. i went through half of then just needling one stretch mark. and then it left me with hyperpigmentation. i dont recommend
 
It says light pressure...did you draw blood??


-------------
You gon get this work Nicca


Posted By: Jewelsnyc
Date Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Soy Butter and time.
Soy butter works? I'll have to research that!

-------------
You gon get this work Nicca


Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 2:00pm
what about dry brushing ? or is that just for cellulite.


Posted By: BakedCookie
Date Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

Originally posted by BakedCookie BakedCookie wrote:

Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

Originally posted by BakedCookie BakedCookie wrote:

no leaves scars and hyperpigmentation on people with darkskin. it dont work
You've tried it personally? Or have you read up on it?
yep i tried it. a waste of money. the needles would get dull or bend after one session. i went through half of then just needling one stretch mark. and then it left me with hyperpigmentation. i dont recommend
 
It says light pressure...did you draw blood??


the needles I bought were not as strong as advertised. they would bend at the slightest pressure


Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Soy Butter and time.
Soy butter works? I'll have to research that!

Yep but its not a miracle......it does take times. 


-------------
When I read some of the post on BHM.


Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by BakedCookie BakedCookie wrote:


the needles I bought were not as strong as advertised. they would bend at the slightest pressure
 
did you get the one in the op or another brand.  maybe there are versions of this thing with better quality.
 
anyway, is this thing supposed to hurt?


-------------
you say i need some time to meditate...naaaaah b*tch i'm fly! i need time to levitate... ~yeezy


dacoldesteva


Posted By: Butta Cookie
Date Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

Originally posted by BakedCookie BakedCookie wrote:

Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

Originally posted by BakedCookie BakedCookie wrote:

no leaves scars and hyperpigmentation on people with darkskin. it dont work
You've tried it personally? Or have you read up on it?
yep i tried it. a waste of money. the needles would get dull or bend after one session. i went through half of then just needling one stretch mark. and then it left me with hyperpigmentation. i dont recommend



 

It says light pressure...did you draw blood??


Sorry for but that "draw blood" was funny to me jack!

-------------
#TeamFitz-Scandal
#TeamTN-CEO



Posted By: Jewelsnyc
Date Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 2:06pm
lol...

-------------
You gon get this work Nicca


Posted By: Jess
Date Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 2:06pm
Deep tissue massages twice a day are working for me with MSM cream.
I'm working on them.  I have them all over my ass. I grew too tall too fast.


-------------


Posted By: Jewelsnyc
Date Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

Originally posted by BakedCookie BakedCookie wrote:


the needles I bought were not as strong as advertised. they would bend at the slightest pressure
 
did you get the one in the op or another brand.  maybe there are versions of this thing with better quality.
 
anyway, is this thing supposed to hurt?
You feel it, because it is tiny little needles. I've seen a few videos on youtube, but it was mostly for people with deep acne scars.

-------------
You gon get this work Nicca


Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 2:08pm
feel it? or hurt?  lol

-------------
you say i need some time to meditate...naaaaah b*tch i'm fly! i need time to levitate... ~yeezy


dacoldesteva


Posted By: BakedCookie
Date Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

Originally posted by BakedCookie BakedCookie wrote:


the needles I bought were not as strong as advertised. they would bend at the slightest pressure
 
did you get the one in the op or another brand.  maybe there are versions of this thing with better quality.
 
anyway, is this thing supposed to hurt?
i bought mine from owndoc. the derma roller was absolutely useless, it barely penetrates the surface. i also bought the sharpest individual needles they had. they were so cheap and bended very easily. honestly you'd be better off just going to the arts and crafts department of walmart and buying some needles and using those. they are much stronger and penetrate a lot better. however if you are a person of color with darkskin you risk hyperpigmentation with this method. it didn't do anything for my stretch marks just left some dark scarring

yes, it does hurt if you penetrate it deep enough. you can buy licodaine to numb the skin so you wont feel any pain


Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 2:12pm
I wonder if this would create more problems if you are prone to scarring.

 


-------------


PEACE


Posted By: Jewelsnyc
Date Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

feel it? or hurt?  lol

MTS Derma Roller

Some of you may remember that I mentioned about http://www.vivawoman.net/2008/01/23/derma-roller-facial-for-new-collagen-growth/" rel="nofollow - derma rolling as a http://www.vivawoman.net/2010/06/16/how-to-save-your-face-with-thick-skin-ahem/" rel="nofollow - way to thicken your skin in an entry dated in June. The thing is, I’ve been hesitating if I should write about it because while derma rolling does induce collagen production and remove scars to a certain extent, the therapy isn’t for everybody. So do read my review and exercise discretion should you want to consider using this beauty tool.

What is derma rolling?
Derma rolling, also known as micro needling or skin needling is used to perform collagen induction therapy (CIT). It aims to stimulate the body’s own production of collagen by causing a minute injury to the dermis, which results in the start of the wound healing cascade – filling out depressed or pitted scars, reducing and smoothing stretch marks, and repairing wrinkles. To do this, you will need to use what is commonly known as a derma roller comprising a series of fine surgical steel micro-needles, which are used to puncture the skin and cause wounds and inflammation. If the procedure is done by a dermatologist, it is considered a minimally-invasive skin rejuvenation treatment because the roller used by doctors have longer needles, usually measuring 1.5mm in size that can penetrate the dermis layer. However, the same procedure can be done at home, using rollers with shorter needles, from 0.25mm to 0.5mm.

Why it interest me?
I’ve been interested in derma rolling since 2008 but was told by a dermatologist that I didn’t need it then. However, since having my acne breakout, I was grieved by the numerous scars on my face and it so happen that there was an opportunity for me to test it out for free at a workshop conducted by http://www.truebeauty.com.sg/" rel="nofollow - True Beauty . I’ll tell you that I actually took days to mull over the decision because whatever you might read on the Net, derma rolling is not a natural remedy. I mean, how can deliberately injuring your skin ever be natural right? But the scars were getting on my nerve and I decided to throw caution to the wind and went ahead to try it at the workshop.

dermarolling

What’s my first experience like?
So here’s me having my face rolled at the workshop with a derma roller that has 600 needles measuring 0.5mm. It’s not painful but it’s slightly uncomfortable as it felt like I had little ants biting my skin. The discomfort was more intense when the needles were being rolled on my forehead because of the thinner skin there. I had a mini facial prior to this because it was said that my face needed to be relaxed. After the rolling, I had a mask applied to my face and was told that I should apply a serum to help with the healing. My skin was slightly red after the session. I was also told not to apply any cream or oil but continue applying the serum for at least a day before resuming with my normal skin care routine. And because my skin would be quite raw and sensitive, it is important to apply sunscreen to my face too if I was out.

What’s the results for me like?
I was told that I should see visible improvement to my skin three days after the session and it was true. On the third day, my skin tone seemed better and I could feel that my skin looked more plumped up and by day five, my face actually looked quite radiant. The scars were still visible though and I didn’t see much improvement to them. However, my understanding is that it will likely take a few rolling sessions to improve them or get rid of them completely.

Why I decided to get myself a derma roller?
So bolstered by the positive results, I decided to get myself a derma roller. I was also encouraged by the reviews I read at the forum in http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=22460" rel="nofollow - Essential Day Spa . There’s a whole community of ladies rolling their faces, necks and even hands and they call themselves the dermarolling gals! And the truth is, it’s not that difficult to do it yourself really. All derma rollers come with specific instructions on how to divide your face into sub-divisions, for instance the forehead, nose, cheeks, mouth area, and neck area. You are to roll with the same amount of pressure on the skin throughout, vertically, horizontally and diagonally.

MTS Derma Roller

What derma roller did I get?
I combed the forums and found a few sources. Eventually, I purchased this http://tinyurl.com/28jn26q" rel="nofollow - MTS Skin Roller with 0.5mm needles and paid around S$150 for it excluding shipping. Unlike the one I tried at the workshop that comes with 600 needles, this one comes with 200 very fine stainless steel pins. However, it still works well for my face, but I had to rolled a bit more since it has lesser needles. If you want to seriously reduce your scars, I would say you’ll need a derma roller with longer needles. However, for home use, anything beyond 0.5mm is not encouraged, although the gals at Essential Day Spa seem to think otherwise.

What are the pros and cons?
But what I found best about derma rolling is that it allows maximum absorption of your skin care products. It is safe if you do it properly. The results are visible days later. However, the downside is that you have to be careful about what you apply to your face after rolling. I found that it’s best to apply serums that are in liquid form. Because your skin is punctured, applying a product that is oily or of thicker viscosity would mean your pores can easily get clogged. In addition, anything that is anti-inflammatory is considered counter productive to the healing process and would hinder the production of new skin cells. So products containing aloe vera for example, are not encouraged.

before & after derma rolling

How does my skin look now?
I thought I’ll just show you all a before and after picture. All in all, I’ve rolled five times on my own. I’ve stopped rolling for over a month now and have just been relying on my skin care products instead. The reason I stopped is because while there is no downtime, I found it quite troublesome because I had to stop using my normal skin care products for a day or two. In addition, my face itched whenever I perspire so it’s actually best to stay indoors for at least a day after the rolling. My skin texture did improve and I have to say, I love it for helping my products penetrate better into the deeper skin layer. However, once I was not careful and used it on a new scar and actually caused a bit more problem to the scar.



-------------
You gon get this work Nicca


Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 2:25pm
oh wow.  so it is also being used for treating wrinkles...

-------------
you say i need some time to meditate...naaaaah b*tch i'm fly! i need time to levitate... ~yeezy


dacoldesteva


Posted By: Jewelsnyc
Date Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 2:27pm
Yep...there are a bunch of videos on it. I don't know how much pain..but because you are doing it yourself, you cang gauge the amount of pressure you can tolerate.

-------------
You gon get this work Nicca


Posted By: Bunnyahh
Date Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 2:43pm
no thx

-------------
Hi BHM!! Lovely day I'm having. How about you?


Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 2:56pm
raw cocoa butter ftw




Posted By: JazzSlow2
Date Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 3:35pm

I remember this white lady was talking about her experience with the dermaroller and she f*cked her stomach up. She had tracker truck trails all over her stomach. I don’t know if it was the size of the needle but I can see a difference in this sistas skin.  



She used a cream to numb her stomach as she used the dermaroller.

 


She used black soap and some other products to help restore skin after using the dermaroller.



Posted By: Babydoll9163
Date Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 3:48pm
I use African Black soap, natural butters, and vit e oil.

It does take time but they're fading. I don't think I'd go for derma rolling unless it was extreme.


-------------
Stupid ppl are like a unicorn. They too do not exist. They are just liberated... liberated from knowledge. -nycdiva


Posted By: Soratachi
Date Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 5:15pm
I'll check on it.

-------------
http://images58.fotki.com/v154/photos/7/1850227/11141506/DSC00292-vi.jpg" rel="nofollow - My Natural 4b/c Bun


Posted By: *Belle*Femme*
Date Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 7:28pm
interesting

-------------
My mind explodes


Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by Jess Jess wrote:

Deep tissue massages twice a day are working for me with MSM cream.
I'm working on them.  I have them all over my ass. I grew too tall too fast.
IA.

Time is the only thing that's helped me.


-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR



Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 7:46pm
MsM cream you say?

-------------
When I read some of the post on BHM.


Posted By: Jess
Date Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 8:31pm
Yup.  I also use African Black Soap and that fishnet.   I scrub scrub scrub dat ass.

-------------


Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by Babydoll9163 Babydoll9163 wrote:

I use African Black soap, natural butters, and vit e oil.

It does take time but they're fading. I don't think I'd go for derma rolling unless it was extreme.


which natural butters?? how's that been working for you?


-------------
hip measured is from fullest part on butt:
start: 32C-24-35

http://24.media.tumblr.com/9bbbc000b1aa15d0337a651ec6e3f36c/tumblr_n1g94wvCbW1rk74v1o1_400.gif

http://i63.tinypic.com/2hn7ui0.jpg


Posted By: Wildfire
Date Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by BakedCookie BakedCookie wrote:

no leaves scars and hyperpigmentation on people with darkskin. it dont work


oh, cause i was wondering if i was imagining that that guys' arm now looks like it has a dark patch where the stretch marks used to be...



-------------
You'll be a memory for someone someday. Try to be a good one


Posted By: Yardgirl
Date Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 3:14pm
Apparently all those supermodels who get pregnant and are back on the runway 2.5 days later are using Egyptian Magic Cream before they start to show and all throughout the pregnancy. 

-------------


Posted By: Wildfire
Date Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 3:17pm
Pity they cant put luck in a bottle. sure worked for meLOL

-------------
You'll be a memory for someone someday. Try to be a good one


Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 3:24pm
people should learn to love their growth scars



-------------
I just can't stand the negro british midget. He brings out the worst in me.....

...
I sometimes think AfroK is gay and either doesn't know it or won't admit to it..


Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Yardgirl Yardgirl wrote:

Apparently all those supermodels who get pregnant and are back on the runway 2.5 days later are using Egyptian Magic Cream before they start to show and all throughout the pregnancy. 


I love this stuff. You can use it for everything (hair, remove makeup, moisturize skin,  etc) It's my go to product when I'm packing light/camping/boating, etc; aka roughing it LOL.


-------------


PEACE


Posted By: Missvw
Date Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 3:34pm
I've got a derma roller and it really does hurts Pinch


Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 3:35pm
does it work vw?

-------------
I just can't stand the negro british midget. He brings out the worst in me.....

...
I sometimes think AfroK is gay and either doesn't know it or won't admit to it..


Posted By: Yardgirl
Date Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

Originally posted by Yardgirl Yardgirl wrote:

Apparently all those supermodels who get pregnant and are back on the runway 2.5 days later are using Egyptian Magic Cream before they start to show and all throughout the pregnancy. 


I love this stuff. You can use it for everything (hair, remove makeup, moisturize skin,  etc) It's my go to product when I'm packing light/camping/boating, etc; aka roughing it LOL.

I'm buying a case of it when I get pregnant


-------------


Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 3:46pm
LOL

-------------


PEACE


Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by Yardgirl Yardgirl wrote:

Apparently all those supermodels who get pregnant and are back on the runway 2.5 days later are using Egyptian Magic Cream before they start to show and all throughout the pregnancy. 


I read a month ago about some actress using this magic cream..but I think it was to rub on her skin. She mentioned that it made it smoother...I think it was Kate Hudson.


-------------
hip measured is from fullest part on butt:
start: 32C-24-35

http://24.media.tumblr.com/9bbbc000b1aa15d0337a651ec6e3f36c/tumblr_n1g94wvCbW1rk74v1o1_400.gif

http://i63.tinypic.com/2hn7ui0.jpg


Posted By: Yardgirl
Date Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

Originally posted by Yardgirl Yardgirl wrote:

Apparently all those supermodels who get pregnant and are back on the runway 2.5 days later are using Egyptian Magic Cream before they start to show and all throughout the pregnancy. 


I read a month ago about some actress using this magic cream..but I think it was to rub on her skin. She mentioned that it made it smoother...I think it was Kate Hudson.

And she had a baby last year


-------------


Posted By: Missvw
Date Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 5:40am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

does it work vw?
I didn't seen a difference in appearance and I will using it for a month straight.



Print Page | Close Window