Forum Name: Wigs
Forum Description: Discussions on Wigs.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=340211
Printed Date: Jun 19 2018 at 7:34pm

Topic: How to make Your Wig Look its BEST
Posted By: sunshine321511
Subject: How to make Your Wig Look its BEST
Date Posted: May 30 2012 at 6:44pm
Hey Ladies - I was home today watching the tube, and their are a lot of good tips but none are written in one place.  I was thinking it would be helpful to many sisters....to have a 101 Tips for Wigs posting. We have a lot of readers who never post, I'm going to encourage every one to please post at least one idea or trick that you have learned in your wig journey.  Many posters of the past helped me greatly and I'd love to see others new ideas.

Tip:
If your natural hair is very short, (like mine)...I find that lace wigs are "easier" to wear because most half wigs have the long comb in the front and it has a hump.  While I can wear a lace wig, just like a half wig, 1 - 1 1/2 inchs behind my front hairline and it lays so much flatter and looks better.

Replies:
Date Posted: May 30 2012 at 6:46pm
Tip:
Wig company colors vary, one companies 1B may be super black while another companies 1B is like a color 4.

Well, Freetress wigs are SUPER DARK, a 1b in Freetress is like a jet black 1 in other companies, so with Freetress a 2 which is normally a dark brown is the shade of a 1b.

Embarrassed

Date Posted: May 30 2012 at 6:50pm
Tip:
Shiney wigs....

Sometimes you try on a wig and it is too shiney, you can tone is down with solid deodorant, but you are rubbling very little down the weft of the hair and using the palm of your hand, rubbing the hair in a left to right motion and the shine is gone.

Many people use flour but too me, you have no control of the amount because each time you put your hand in the flour you pull out a different amount so ....some place in the hair is dull, other places is shiney.

Always attempt to tone down the shine in your wigs because a wig that looks GREAT in the house, can look like PLASTIC in the bright sun when you are outside Confused

Posted By: TOUSHA11
Date Posted: Jun 12 2012 at 9:03am
Remember you make the wig it does make you. Fix your wigs to alter your needs that may mean cutting them,tilting them to the side, finger combing or brushing them to get your desired look. Just because a wig does not work at that time does not mean it is a fail come back to later sometimes certain moods or outfits just do not fit the hairstyle at that time. Try to step outside the box sometimes and try different styles different colors depending on how often you change your hair people know it is a wig anyway no matter how natural it looks just be comfortable with knowing you look good.

Date Posted: Jun 12 2012 at 3:57pm

When you buy a wig, remember to keep the stock card that is attached to the wig.  This will allow you to know the vendor, and name of the wig.  I have a binder that I keep my favorite wig stock card in so even in the future, I know the vendor and wig name.

Many times, you buy a wig, and forget the name, or see a similar name and it is a totally different wig.

If you find a great wig, buy 2-3 at a time.  I that once you find the wig you like it is better to purchase it online.  You are more likely to find the shade you want.

Also, when a online vendor say color choice 1, then select color choice 2 - YOU can select the same color in both spots.

If you want a 1b then list that in both blocks.  don't feel that you have to select another color.

Date Posted: Jun 12 2012 at 4:00pm
Remember, You Tube reviews are not always accurate, a wig might look good on the computer but when you get it the texture is too silky.

Always ask the texture and shine factor of a wig when requesting comments.

Date Posted: Jun 12 2012 at 4:03pm
Wig texture 101

Alot of these wigs are Yaki - which is the light silky texture hair. 

While YAKY is the more corse african american hair that is really perfect for afro americans.  But it is hard to find yaky...we find yaki most of the time.

Date Posted: Jun 12 2012 at 8:13pm
Curling Syn Hair -
FAIL...THIS DOES NOT WORK....IGNORE

I purchased a lacewig that claimed to be heat resistant and able to curl up to 400 degrees.  I found that it would not curl at 400 degrees.

One way to curl syn. hair is to use a curling iron and run it over the section of hair several times until the hair is "warm" then roll it up right away and let it sit overnight.

YOU should have new curls in the morning.

Only try this on futura fiber heat resistant hair...not any synthetic w ig.

Date Posted: Jun 13 2012 at 2:22pm
Curling Futura Fiber Hair -
I don't know why but the wig I got does not curl.  I tried the tip above and it did not give a tight curl.  I also tried with a 400 degree curling iron and it did not curl.

The wig I am wearing is ....Freetress Gala - which is a lace wig and I cut it open and made a small U Part Wig.

The only way this wig re-curls is to boil water on the stove in a pot, put the pot in a sink, roll up the hair with hard rollers and place the wig rollers side DOWN into the pot.  Let it sit in the water for at least 20 minutes, take out of water, let water drip off, put on towel. either let air dry or use hard hat dryer to dry.  (Leaving in ROllers.)   Then when totally dry, (next day) take rollers out and style.

Date Posted: Jun 15 2012 at 7:29pm
Color - Motown Tress Wig

The coloring on Motown Tress wig are very DARK, a color 1 is super super black.  Please never order a 1 order a 1B or a 2.

ALso when you see the Letter P in the color...for some companies that means ....PIANO....so the color would be nicely spread throughout the wig.

Well with Motown tress  - The letter P means - patchy....Angry

That means big patches of color.  Here is a link showing what patchy looks like -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjvNErRwJcA" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjvNErRwJcA

Posted By: tSyvione
Date Posted: Jun 18 2012 at 12:21am
Hi Sunshine, I have the Freetress Gala and Estelle wig.  I was able to straighten the back of the Gala.  The lace front Estelle is easier to curl.  BTW Vivica Fox Amanda has thin lace looks real and the Napoli has 3.5 parting and a great top hairline.  the side is a lil moon but still good.  

Freetress colors are awesome..  437 and 4/27  Tonya

Posted By: tSyvione
Date Posted: Jun 18 2012 at 12:24am
Originally posted by sunshine321511 sunshine321511 wrote:

Wig texture 101

Alot of these wigs are Yaki - which is the light silky texture hair. 

While YAKY is the more corse african american hair that is really perfect for afro americans.  But it is hard to find yaky...we find yaki most of the time.

I notice after brushing/curling my wigs out I get the yaki look to it.  

Date Posted: Jun 20 2012 at 4:10pm
Synthetic colors are different than human hair colors.

A 1B in syn is like a 1 in human
A 2 in syn is like a 1b in human

If you are trying to match syn and human hair tracks remember this ....so say you are cutting a lace wig open in the middle to make a U part wig.  But you need one or two tracks in the opening where your hair would be....

If the syn wig is a 1B then consider getting your track hair in a color 2

This is especially true with any FREETRESS Wig

Outre/Syn I'm not sure, I will test and update shortly.

Date Posted: Jun 20 2012 at 4:13pm
one way to make your wig look super REAL.....is to cut the middle open and make it a U Part wig.

Please see link below:
http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/how-to-transForm-a-lace-frOnt-wig-into-a-u-part_topic336846.html" rel="nofollow - http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/how-to-transForm-a-lace-frOnt-wig-into-a-u-part_topic336846.html

Products, wig clips, videos, tips...are all included

Date Posted: Jun 20 2012 at 4:14pm
How to cut a CURLY SUPER FULL wig - see link

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/how-to-cut-a-curly-wig_topic339540.html" rel="nofollow - http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/how-to-cut-a-curly-wig_topic339540.html

Date Posted: Jun 23 2012 at 8:00am
How long can I wear my wig:

The way I make my wigs last longer is to take them off as soon as possible.  When I get home, I take my wig off first thing.  Now for those with families that might be more difficult, but consider having a house wig (older wig that you don't wear out anymore) so you are not wearing your work wig/social wig sitting around the house.

Invest in a styrofoam wig head and the wig silver "T" shaped pins.  It is very helpful when you are rolling up your wig to be able to place it on something.

Date Posted: Jun 24 2012 at 8:27pm
I can't braid my hair or my hair is too short to braid -

Well, I did the big "chop" and I can not braid my hair.  What I Do is ....I use morning glory grow protect solution and mold my hair down. Do the process required for this product which is apply gel, dry throughly, apply grow protect solution, dry...

I clip the  hair I plan to leave out seperate from the hair to be under the wig.  So for example, if I paln to wear a headband in the front, I seperate say 1 inch of my hair all the way across the front and don't put the GPS on that hair.  THen this hair left out can be pressed, flat ironed whatever required for wig blending.

Date Posted: Jun 24 2012 at 8:29pm
Where to purchase wigs -

THere are a lot of websites on line but clairhair and hairsisters.com have a timeclock on page one.  This tells you if you order by X time....your item will be shipped TODAY.  NOrmally I get my items in 3 days because they are FLYING it to you instead of it going by truck across country.

THat is key....

I find sites that don't have that....it can take from 1 week or even 1 1/2 weeks to get your item.

Date Posted: Jun 24 2012 at 8:34pm

What to do about family and kids....

This is not talked about much but just because YOU love wigs and weave does not mean that your family, husband and Kids do....deep down inside.

I never try and embarass my spouse, I try to be consistent, and wear the same style for a while.  I don't like for all his friends to be like...."Man, we going over John's house....I bet his wife's hair is some wild color, or yesterday it was 22 inches, the next day its Halle Barry short... HA HA HA"

Or your child being joked on at school, Oh, John mother weaves be crazy, John...what color your mama gonna have today, or she took out her weave, tomorrow it gonna be done her back, like last week.......HA HA HA

People are funny and mean, so I'm mindful to just think about others and not only myself.  I try and keep my weaves/wig around the same length, if I put in color I wear it for at least one month, if I wear a style, I try and wear it for at least 2 weeks, If I go a little longer, I try and wear it longer for at least a few weeks.

Date Posted: Jul 03 2012 at 9:18am
Invest in a Table Top Hair Dryer Bonnet.

Why -
This item cost around 40.00 and it is a life saver.

1) When you wear wigs, and you wash them you can sit them on a towel and allow the hair dryer to speed up the drying process.

2) When you re-curl syn. hair with hard rollers, after you put the rolled up wig in a pot of boiling water in the kitchen sink, after you let the hair "set" in the hot water - you can place the wig while still rolled up on a towel and put the hair dryer over the hair.  It speeds up the drying process and I usually let it dry for like 30 minutes and the wig is completely dry and ready to GO.  Especially if you don't have time to air dry overnight.

3) Normal hair care and conditioning of your natural hair.

4) Sold at local BSS, and remember to keep the BOX for storage.  Can be placed in a corner or bottom of the closet.

Here is a link - http://www.amazon.com/Table-Dryer-Bonnet-Vented-Settings/dp/B007F2Q1AO" rel="nofollow - http://www.amazon.com/Table-Dryer-Bonnet-Vented-Settings/dp/B007F2Q1AO

Date Posted: Jul 03 2012 at 9:37am

Changing texture of wig hair -

By texture, I mean making the wig not look so silky, babydoll hair and changing it to corse more natural afro-american hair texture.  This will work on SYN WIGS ONLY.

This will not eleviate shine but only texture.

First off, this does not work with all syn. wigs.  I tried this on my Vanessa Wig and this brand wig provided the most noticable difference.  I have done this on motown tress and it did not get as course, I also did this on freetress and I did see a difference in texture but not as much as the vanessa brand wigs.

Please do not do this with an expensive wig for the first try. 

What I did:
I did my normal, cute open my lace wig to make a U part

Re-Rolled the hair with hard rollers, did not add any product
Did the normal boiling water process
Full instructions in one of the postings above

After taking wig out of pot of water
Let some of water drip off and put on towel
Turn on hard hat dryer

NOW THIS IS THE KEY PART -
I put the hard hat dryer at the highest and hottest setting
Now wig is laying rollers up on the towel
You lay your hard hat dryer down over the wig

I let the dryer run for like 40 minutes at the hottest temp. with rollers facing up
Then I turned it over with the inside wefts and let it dry for say 20 minutes at the hottest temp.

THen I turned off the dryer and let the rollers sit in the wig for a while.
THen when I took the rollers out the hair texture was super CORSE and YAKY like natural afro-american hair.

What wig did I use -
Vanessa Top Lace Wig Ivan
https://elevatestyles.com/p/vanessa-/2476-vanessa-lace-front-top-ivan.html" rel="nofollow - https://elevatestyles.com/p/vanessa-/2476-vanessa-lace-front-top-ivan.html

I cut it open to a U part
After the process above, the wig was too full
I had to cut out wefts, starting at the bottom.
This made the wig look much more natural.
Hair looks dull afterwards, I used wig sheen and sprayed to bring a little shine.

Date Posted: Jul 03 2012 at 9:57am
How to secure your wig  with CONFIDENCE....

I always say - its better to overpin and be more secure then worry.

Here are some tips:
The wig may have combs but don't EVER EVER RELY on them.
Use Bobby pins not open hair pins. link below of a bobby pin.
I use long bobby pins around the sides and several small bobby pins around the entire head.
What I mean,
SO I might have 2 in the front on each side,
One in front and behind the ear
at the nape, have several small bobby pins
For extra security, you can always lift up the wefts in the back middle of your hair, and add a few bobby pins across the length of the weft.
These steps should make you feel secure and you will be SECURE!!!
LINK: what is a bobby pin -
http://www.sta-riteginnielou.com/Bobby_Pins/1/c/2?gclid=CMCI_uTg_bACFRR7Ogod4BgTuw" rel="nofollow - http://www.sta-riteginnielou.com/Bobby_Pins/1/c/2?gclid=CMCI_uTg_bACFRR7Ogod4BgTuw

Date Posted: Jul 03 2012 at 3:19pm
Received a PM about what is easier cutting a lace wig open or making a U part wig -

For ME, I'd say cutting a lace wig open is 100000% easier because remember, when you make your own U part wig, that is just the starting point....you still have to cut, layer, curl hair  and style....plus the cost of the hair.

While if you buy a regular lace wig and cut it open.....guess what, the wig is already styled, layered and curled.  At most, I use my weave needle and sew in my flat wig combs by MHRW International, and its a complete.  I can make a U part lace wig in 5 minutes, if I choose to re-curl it that is an option.  If I choose to add a track at the part area, that is an option.  I don't even have to really use the MHRW wing combs - one could use bobby pins and secure the wig. 

But I do encourage purchasing the MHRW super flat wig combs, they just make it easier.

I re-curl my syn wigs in hot water and wear it OVER AND OVER AND OVER again. 

SO for me, I attempted to make my own U part following the hype on YOU TUBE and it took me like 2 hours to sew th hair, then I had to still cut, layer, and curl...I made the mistake of not buying various layers of hair...and it was just a mess.

NEVER AGAIN for me,  to me it's cheaper to just buy a 40.00 lace wig, cut it open and keep it moving.

Date Posted: Jul 04 2012 at 7:15pm

Brand - Vanessa Wigs -

Each wig company is different some have thicker, fuller wefts, some have thinner wefts. 

I have worn several Vanessa Lace Front Wigs and they are very full wigs.  Every Vanessa Wig I have had requires thinning out the wig or cutting out a few of the wefts. 

But I will say some of the curly wigs also have low sheen and don't look as shiney as some of the other brands of wigs.

Here is a link to see the entire collections of Express Vanessa Wigs - it is 4 screens of lace front wigs
http://www.vanessahair.com/top_list.asp" rel="nofollow - http://www.vanessahair.com/top_list.asp

Date Posted: Jul 10 2012 at 7:49am
WIG SALE -
CLair Hair has all Outre Halfwigs for 14.99 - also they are having a shipping 2.99 promotion.  I'm not sure if that is the entire US or just the eastern side - here is the link

I don't know how long it last, I did not buy anything because I have so many wigs i have not worn yet but please take a looksie....you might see something

http://www.clairhair.com/en/ShoppingList.php?ManufactureId=&BrandId=11&BrandSubId=&BrandOptId=&CategoryLId=&CategoryMId=&StyleCateId=&LengthCateId=&ProductEventId=&CustomCateId=&PriceRangeId=&ProductTitle=&Type=Brand&Keyword=QUICK" rel="nofollow - http://www.clairhair.com/en/ShoppingList.php?ManufactureId=&BrandId=11&BrandSubId=&BrandOptId=&CategoryLId=&CategoryMId=&StyleCateId=&LengthCateId=&ProductEventId=&CustomCateId=&PriceRangeId=&ProductTitle=&Type=Brand&Keyword=QUICK COLLECTION

Date Posted: Jul 11 2012 at 8:42am
What is the difference between a hair pin and a bobby pin -

A bobby pin are CLOSED and used to secure wig to your head.  These come in several lengths - the longer ones are 3 inches, the shortest ones are 1 1/2 inches
Styling Essentials Firm Hold Bobby Pins, Black

Goody Styling Essentials Bobby Pins, Black, 3 Inches, 18 Count (Pack of 6)

A hair pin is the OPEN item - I do NOT use these to secure to my wig cap.  I use these to pin hair down in place.  For example if one is trying to blend your hair with the wig and you need to pin your real hair into the wig.  These also come in various sizes

http://www.discountdance.com/dancewear/related/style_BH437.html?TopCat=&cat=&Shop=Style&SID=359845480" rel="nofollow">2 1/2 Hair Pins - Style No BH437

Diane Hair Pins Assorted Size, Black, 100/card

Date Posted: Jul 11 2012 at 10:27am
How to easily straighten a synthetic wig

This video is quite helpful, it shows a curly wig and how the young lady boiled hot water, put the wig in the tube and poured the hot water over the wig several time and the syn. wig became
straight again.

Remember, if it's not straight enough the first time, you can repeat the process. Take alot of care when combing it, use a wide tooth comb and work your way down to a smaller one if necessary because wigs don't grow back if you pull the hair

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LNRIbst6dY" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LNRIbst6dY

Date Posted: Jul 14 2012 at 10:18am
Wig Stock Cards and Similar Wig Names -

WHen you buy a wig for the first time, take a second to put the wig stock card in your nightstand, or at a minimum email yourself the name of the vendor and name of the wig.

WHY....If you end up loving the wig....you want to be able to order the wig online or every re-buy it and know the correct name.

There are so many wigs with the same name -
Beverly Johnson Sunshine
Outre Sunshine

Having the stock card makes it so much easier...I went to my local drugstore and bought a binder which is in office supplies and I keep all my wig cards in this one spot.  WHY....you might wear a wig for a while....then move on to something else then say next year want to revisit a old favorite....but what is that wigs NAME????

Keep your stock cards.....

Date Posted: Jul 14 2012 at 10:49am
U Parts and PROBLEMS...

I have been wearing my U part lace wigs for about 2 months.  They look great but with everything...we need to be CAREFUL....At my part area in the top....I have been bonding in tracks.  I have been using grow protect solution and I have not lost a large amount of hair but MY HAIR IS THINNING a little.

I noticed it so that means what....TIME FOR A CHANGE....time to switch it up....

SO I washed my hair today and I'm going to one of my "more" natural syn wigs.  It's a curly wig by Freetress called Coconut Girl.

I plan to do a twist out with my natural hair in the front and wear the wig with headbands.  Here is how I plan to wear it...notice about 1 1/2 inches of my hair is out the front.  TO ME...this looks so much better than having the head band right at the end of your head.

Date Posted: Jul 14 2012 at 10:51am
Ooops the picture is not showing....
here is the link -
http://www.flickr.com/photos/boutiquedebandeaux/4316007553/" rel="nofollow - http://www.flickr.com/photos/boutiquedebandeaux/4316007553/

Date Posted: Jul 15 2012 at 10:50am
How to tame....those big wigs.....

Yesterday, I opened one of my staple wigs.....Freetress Coconut girl. 
I guess since I had not worn it for a long time, wow....it is big.
Some sisters love the big wigs....but I work in a office and I did not want to wear mine that FULL.

What does Coconut Girl look like - It is a syn wig with big rodded like curls.  Here is a picture....don't be turmed off by the stock card.  I know it looks crazy....

Here is a link - notice it's a rodded type curl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObjT2hu0bLY" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObjT2hu0bLY

How did I tame it down:::::
Now For those who don't like to cut out wefts these tips are not for you.
This is just MY Way...

I run my fingers through the curls a little.
THen I place the wig on my head and pin it in how I would wear the hair.
Then I put on my headband like I would wear it to get a full image.

Then I cut the length to my desired length (area touching my shoulder)
ThenI look at the sides of the wig and look at wear it is too full and use a bobby pin and pin that area.
Not the entire area, I'm just putting a pin to show myself wear to cut

Then I take the wig off with the pins showing me wear is too full
I go to the pinned area, with duck clips and determine which row of the weft is the problem
Then I cut the hair as close to the weft without cutting the weft.
I'm cutting straight across from right to left

The goal for me was to make the wig not look so FULL and FAKE but I wanted you to be able to see through the curls like a natural's person real hair would look

I always always leave the bottom 2 wefts and cut above that point.
So I ended up cutting several wefts but I cut one leave one cut two leave one

At the very top by the comb ...the wig was too full.  I cut some of the very top wefts.

NOW I want to be clear....I am wearing wide headbands so this part will be COVERED...IF you are not wearing you hair as I showed in the picture above NEVER CUT YOUR TOP WEFTS unless you have OWN NATURAL hair in a similar texture to cover it. 

Now I am finished...but I was not DONE...see next posting....

Date Posted: Jul 15 2012 at 11:00am
What I do with my NEW WIGS..

For me, I notice that when I open new wigs....they move so much...so floppy like a jumping fish....
Sometimes, when you first put the wig  on you kind of are like....AUGH...this is a mess....

That could be because it has no structure. 

Let me finish explaining, my curly wig from above....SO...after I cut it and it's ready.
I get the wig and either spray net spray or pump it up spray...something to hold the hair in PLACE.
I'm not saying, spray your entire wig super hard, I'm saying...when you put wig net spray or some pump it up it allows you to see the structure and final possibilities of a wig.

Then I put the wig on my styrofoam head and  use my T pins to secure until I"m ready to wear the item.

I hope this helps someone...

Posted By: shamieya
Date Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 8:29pm
You can reshape your wigs if you find them pointy at the top. Keeping them on a mannequin head will help alleviate this. I've also stuck a bobby pin right in the middle of my wig to make sure it dips or las flat in the middle.

-------------
Shop for Wigs Online at http://www.StyleIllusions.com . Free wig shampoo & spray included. Wigs ship the same day.

Date Posted: Jul 21 2012 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by shamieya shamieya wrote:

You can reshape your wigs if you find them pointy at the top. Keeping them on a mannequin head will help alleviate this. I've also stuck a bobby pin right in the middle of my wig to make sure it dips or las flat in the middle.

Thank you so much, I was trying to figure out how to do that...some put the wig on the mannequin head with the hair side down...and spray with oil sheen and use pins and tie a scarf over the head to make it flatter. 

Your comments are really appreciated.

Date Posted: Jul 21 2012 at 1:56pm
Recently, I rolled up a wig in hard rollers and did my normal boiling water process and hair dryer and the wig turned GRAY.

I went over to the lacewigs page, those ladies told me what I did wrong...with syn wigs they are esentially a form of plastic. So when I boiled the hot water and then let the wig sit in it so lon then topped it off by putting in under the hard hat dryer....that was just TOO MUCH...and that is what turned the wig color gray.
Well I was determined to find the middle ground....
I did like the fact that the wig texture changed from silky silky to kinky. Well today I Did a test and it WORKED TongueTongueTongueTongue
Okay, i got an new syn straight wig, I boiled my water on the stove for like 30 minutes until it was pipping hot. While the water was boiling, I rolled up the hair with hard rollers. Then I took the pot off the stove and placed it in an empty kitchen sink.
I put the wig down in the water and lit it sit for exactly 30 minutes...when I took it out the texture was coursier....it worked...
Then I put the wig on a towel after letting some of the water drip off and I put it under my hard hat dryer for EXACTLY 10 minutes...
THen I took out the rollers and the hair was kinky and NOT GRAY....BUT I know this is the limit so if you do at home make sure you use a kitchen timer like I did so you actually know the timelines.

Date Posted: Jul 22 2012 at 7:10am
Things everyone who wear wigs should have in their arsenal....

Styrofoam wig head - mandatory when re-styling, prepping hair,rolling hair, storage
Metal "T" wig pins - use to secure wigs to wig heads,
Duck clips - manadatory to seperate wefts for cutting hair out and prepping wig for wear.
Wide headbands - must have black (which will go with most outfits), dark navy, dark chocolate.

Wide head bands -  A wide headband is 2 inches
good for half wigs with wide comb in the front, if your hair is short in the front or does not blend well with the wig, the wide headband allows you to "hide" most of your hair.  Your hair DOES NOT have to be exactly blendable only a similar color because the wide headband is doing the work.  All you have to do is put gel on your hair line, and brush your hair straight back, you are placing in at least 1/2 inch behind your edges so people don't see much of your hair...but dont put the headband RIGHT AT YOUR EDGE...that does not look "good" to ME.

Thin head bands - A thin headband is less than 1/2 inch, super thin strips
good for lace wigs, more so than halfwigs, UNLESS...you enough har in the front to cover the wig combs and your hair is blendable with wig.

Site to get headbands for $1.00 - YES, I found this site on YOU TUBE when it was mentioned by MrsDivaLike

https://www.mizoutlet.com/category.php?cid=56&type=hair-accessories&cat=head-bands" rel="nofollow - https://www.mizoutlet.com/category.php?cid=56&type=hair-accessories&cat=head-bands

THey have a lot of headbands and head scarfs (fabric headbands) and I could not get over the PRICE.  Shipping is FREE for overs over 20.00
THis eliminates the trips to BSS looking for different colors or you can't find a wide headband.  I just love the internet.  THey also ship to canada and overseas.

Date Posted: Jul 22 2012 at 8:08am
ALERT....SECOND UPDATE on changing wig texture from silky to kinky
I did a second test today with another Outre syn. straight full cap wig...and it did not work. 
I did the exact same steps as above and the wig's hair silky texture DID NOT CHANGE
Yes, I did the exact same steps with a timer and it did not work.
So I discovered the difference, yesterday's wig was a outre "normal" 100% kanekalon and/or toyokalon fiber wig - so it changed its texture quickly.

Also I took out the hard rollers from yesterday's test wig and if one did not air dry and put the hair under your hardhat dryer...the time is 5-8 minutes...at best...10 minutes is too long...there were some very small gray sections at the top...so obviously 10 minutes is too long.  THe middle/sides and back were black and had no color change.  I just used spray in black color and covered the gray but I have not reached perfection yet.

Today's test wig was - outre high heat resistance fiber quick weave, heat resistant to 400 degrees and I did not get my water/dryer "HOT" enough so no change.
THis is an important fact I learned today if the wig is kanekalon or toyokalon..you can change the texture and make it more kinky.

If its a heat resistance, futura fiber...its a wrap and you can only curl the wig in hot water but it will remain as silky as when you purchased the item. 

Date Posted: Jul 22 2012 at 1:55pm
Update
I did more research, I wanted to see if scientifically 1) Can I change the texture of a futura/high heat resistant wig 2) if one could boil water above 400 degrees or if my hair dryer is above 400 degrees.
I rearched on line and boiling water at its highest temp. is 212 degrees.
And a hard hat dryer does not reach higher than 200 degrees.
So If the wig is heat resistant/Futura fiber it will be very very difficult to change the wig from silky to kinky.
Not that I'm going to be doing this with all my wigs but just note, if you buy a wig and it is too silky you might be "stuck" with it.
I'm still researching because the only thing in a home that goes over 400 degrees is the oven, because if you use a curling iron it is too time consuming to do piece by piece. 

Still investigating, any comments or past experience appreciated.

Date Posted: Jul 24 2012 at 2:46pm
Pictures -
What to do with your curly wig at night

I put on the wig head, put in duck clips, spray with net spray....so in the morning it is ready to go.
Why do I spray some net spray - because curly wigs can be floppy like fish and I don't like my wig shifting, flopping, and excessivley shaking....

-

Date Posted: Jul 29 2012 at 4:16pm
UPDATE - STILL WORKING ON CHANGING WIG TEXTURES
Okay, today I did another "science" project.
once again, this is a syn wig that was silky that I tried to change to course texture.

This time it did NOT TURN GRAY...

Step 1 - Rolled up hair with hair rollers - less rollers - loose curls ///// more curls - more rollers

Boiled the water for a long time (until water rolling in pot - 25 minutes) until super hot
Take off stove, put in empty sink
Put hair in pot - rollers face down
Let it sit in roller for 20 minutes - no more...no less
Use cooking spoon and take wig out of pot
Let water drip off
Put wig on towel to air dry
(did not put under hair dryer at all, will more than likely take 2 days to dry)

Checked hair color.....no gray hair or even a hint of a grayish color

I'm going to come back and report back.

I think the hair dryer which speeds up the drying process may be the culprit of the gray hair.  Even just 5 minutes might turn the wig gray and I just did not want to RISK.
I've already LOST 2 wigs trying to perfect this technique.

with this revised technique - please don't do this sunday night and plan to wear the wig monday morning to work.  Air drying takes so long and that is why I started using the hair dryer in the firstplace.  I wonder if a "cold" air dryer could speed up the process without changing th hair color???

Date Posted: Aug 04 2012 at 3:49pm
Fall and Winter....Hats and WIGS
The fall is my favorite time of year for wearing all my hats.  If you have a wig that is "old" or looks too fake...don't throw it away.  Put it in your "hat" wig category.  One the weekend, when running to the mall or going out...one of my staple fall outfits is some boots, a nice bright colored coat/jacket, a cute hat and my wig.  Here are some pictures ideas....

Crochet Cap or Slouch Hat Adult Medium to Large Daisy and Feathers Turned up BrimSlouch Bubble Beret Crochet Pattern.Permission to sell finished items.Crochet Pattern Ribbed Slouchy Beret - Avery

Pattern Knit Slouch Hat

Date Posted: Aug 04 2012 at 3:59pm
10% Off - Hand Crocheted Hat Womens Hat - The Escargot Beret in Red Violet - Back To School Fall Fashion Autumn FashionThe Marcie hat with pink flowerTaupe Beige Slouchy Beret, Womens Hat, Black Ribbon, Chunky, Teens, Winter, City Hat, Birthday Gifts, Gifts for Her, JE368BTR2Pink Crochet Hat with Lots of FlowersCrochet Beret Slouchy Hat- PlumWinter Beret  Slouchy Hat  Boho Fashion Stylish  Tam For Women And Teens In Maroon Multicolored

Date Posted: Aug 04 2012 at 4:12pm
where do I buy my hats:
Well...I am always looking out for hats....

I find some in my beauty supply stores
forever 21
etsy

Colors:
I always have the basics - black, dark navy, brown
But I really go for the brights...yellow, orange, red...

Once can have on a pajama top, black leggings, black boots, black coat and then throw on a yellow knit hat with fly jazzy earrings....and youare DONE!!!

Another thing I do....you can add a flower pin to the front of your hat....so when you see flower pins that are cheap, think about adding one to your hat.  This is not the exact example I am looking for but you see the idea.

Hand knit beanie wool hat with crochet flower in GRAY womens fashion - autumn accessories - womens hat with flower - rose crochet

Date Posted: Aug 04 2012 at 4:20pm
Wearing headbands with wigs.....this is my STAPLE....I do this a lot....especially when I'm not wearing my U part. 

What I'm trying to show below is that wider headbands help make a wig look real.  I perm my edges so that is the first 2 inchs in the front only.  THis helps my hair blend.  I hope these pictures gives you ideas. 

Large Black Lace HeadbandHead band Sapphire Blue Stretch Lace Headband Hair Band Head Wrap Scarf Covering HeadcoveringIvory Headband- Ivory Lace - Adult Headband - Metal Headband - Womens Headband - Flower Headband - Lace HeadbandHibiscus lace headband bright spring green

Date Posted: Aug 04 2012 at 4:25pm
Where do I buy a lot of my headbands...

forever 21
etsy - nice crochet headbands and site where headbands in posting above are sold.
msmizoutlet - link in prior posting - cheapest place I have ever seen 1.00 - i prefer headwraps they are wider than headbands.  But both are good on this site.
http://www.mizoutlet.com/category.php?cid=57&type=hair-accessories&cat=head-wraps" rel="nofollow - http://www.mizoutlet.com/category.php?cid=57&type=hair-accessories&cat=head-wraps

target - has basic black/brown
nordstroms - when you want to treat yourself, headbands are nice and unique but vey expensive
clair- acessory stores in local malls

Posted By: shamieya
Date Posted: Aug 07 2012 at 8:52pm

The fall is my favorite time of year for wearing all my hats.  If you have a wig that is "old" or looks too fake...don't throw it away.  Put it in your "hat" wig category.  One the weekend, when running to the mall or going out...one of my staple fall outfits is some boots, a nice bright colored coat/jacket, a cute hat and my wig.  Here are some pictures ideas....

Crochet Cap or Slouch Hat Adult Medium to Large Daisy and Feathers Turned up BrimSlouch Bubble Beret Crochet Pattern.Permission to sell finished items.Crochet Pattern Ribbed Slouchy Beret - Avery

Pattern Knit Slouch Hat

Yesssss! I'm so ready for hat season!

-------------
Shop for Wigs Online at http://www.StyleIllusions.com . Free wig shampoo & spray included. Wigs ship the same day.

Date Posted: Aug 11 2012 at 3:32pm
Gray Hair and WIGS...

This is not for the young sisters because your time will come....

As I approach my mid 40's I now have a lot of gray hair.  Honestly, my entire head is gray now.  My immediate family is not like this so I wonder if stress in my life has not grayed me. 

Sometimes, when you have a full head of gray a wig cap does not hide all the gray hair.  Sometimes half wig wefts are thin and if someone is seated behind you on the bus or train they can see through your wig.  I have seen this myself and a wig cap is like a stockening cap and it is see through.  So I could see the ladies gray hair - NOT ALL OVER - don't misunderstand...it was just a small small section here and there.

So I was on you tube and a sister with gray recommended wearing a dome cap as your wig cap because it is totally black and you can't see through it at all.  This will not be necessary for everyone but some people with an entire head of gray it may help. So I wear my dome cap as a wig cap.  It is no hotter, it last longer than a normal wig cap, I was it in the washing machine like every 2 weeks and I have worn the same one for at least 5 weeks now....just washing and wearing.

As a sidenote, I don't go to the gym in my wig, and when I get home I take my wig off shortly after arriving home.  I don't jog in my wig or anything so for ME.....it's not a problem at all.  I also secure my wig with bobby pins and you just slide in your pins as you normally would.

Hope this helps!!!

Date Posted: Aug 11 2012 at 3:43pm
UPDATE - Changing wig texture...

Well I have perfected this now.  First off, for it to work it must by syn. hair...not futura fiber.
TWO...boil the water so the water is rolling hot, roll hair in hard roller, put in water.....
I'm sure many of you have read the instructions in earlier postings above.

Well, if the hair is a outre syn wig, model model, sensational - please do not let it sit in the hot water for more than 20 minutes

If it is a freetress wig - those are more resistant and it can sit in the hot water for like 35 minutes.

Changing the texture ONLY works if the hair is NOT A FUTURA FIBER OR HEAT RESISTANT WIG. 

Also sometimes after the hair texture is changed the wig sometimes the wig will be a little "fuller" so I had to thin out the wig or remove a weft.

For me, that is not a problem because my goal is to change the texture to be closer to a rougher, thicker, african american texture.One wig brand worked so perfectly I was so surprised.  The brand name is masterpiece.  This wig after being placed in the water, it because so corse it was so perfect that I plan to research this brand and make it a staple in my arsenal.

Date Posted: Aug 23 2012 at 9:10am

Wig Brand Find that is closer to afro-american texture

As many of you know, I don't care for the silky wig hair that so many of these companies use.  Especially for sisters like me who don't want to perm their hair often. 

I do perm my edges but as I'm getting older and have more gray around my edges I don't want to perm my edges very often.  So I'm always searching for a closer match so that I can just press my edges and wear my wide headbands and my wigs.

Similar to this look -

Large Black Lace Headband

Well, I was looking through my wig stash and I found a wig I purchased a while ago by the brand masterpiece.  THe texture is very corse in the wigs I purchased and I think it is a good match or at least the "BEST" match I have seen for pressed hair or not recently relaxed natural hair.

I found this wig brand in one BSS in md but I have not been able to find it again.  ALso it is not sold on a lot of hairwebsites.  BUt I did find it one a few and I did order one this week so I can provide a quality review.

I will post the links below in the next posting so this one is not too long.

Date Posted: Aug 23 2012 at 9:26am
Below is the link for the website that sells Masterpiece Wigs
Now before you click on the link, the wigs look CRAZY!!!!  These are by far the worst wig pictures I have seen in a long time.  I have not purchased all the wigs. 

I purchased Secret 2 which is very short but it might work for some.  But it is not super corse so please don't misunderstand.

http://www.hairandwigcouture.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=masterpiece+lace+front" rel="nofollow - http://www.hairandwigcouture.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=masterpiece+lace+front

Date Posted: Aug 31 2012 at 4:33pm
Are you tired of wigs and want a quick and easy break.  Well, I need a break but I wanted to spend a little money and do it myself.  SO here is what I did...

1) permed the first 2 inches of my hair
2) bought a weave net wig cap - for those who don't know what it is....Its similar to a wig cap but much stronger, it has elastic all the way around and it has rows of nets in the middle.  I will attach a picture
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-2519492840586_2226_1201790527" rel="nofollow">Click to enlarge

Link to weaving cap - http://store.goldenmartbeautysupply.com/wecapcltop.html" rel="nofollow - http://store.goldenmartbeautysupply.com/wecapcltop.html
The cap may have extra netting at the top, you just tuck that down into the cap.

3) Track hair - 12 inches or whatever length you want.  One pack is ENOUGH
4) Weave Thread and Weave Needle - iT CAN BE STRAIGHT OR EVEN WET AND WAVY HAIR.
iF WW HAIR IS USED THEN MOUSSE WOULD BE REQUIRED ON THE WEAVE AND NATURAL HAIR

Then what you do is -
Wash your hair, get a comb and seperate the front portion that you want to leave out.
then with the back of your hair, brush it as flat as possible and apply a little gel or mousse and either sit under the hardhat dryer or use hand held hair dryer
But make sure the hair is DRY
Then remember the front is seperated by clips and you are doing nothing to that hair right now, just make sure it is dry.
THen you put on your weave net cap - Dont worry

The weave cap will stay on your head, Then you get your weave hair and you are starting at the lower nape of your head.
The first track should be like 1/4 ti 1/2 inch from the nape
Then you just sew the tracks straight across.  TO keep the rows straight use a hair pins (3) to indicate the start, middle and end of each track.
You just keep going adding tracks.
Tracks should be like a finger width a part.
Then when I got up to the top I was done.

I have in about 8 rows of tracks, the when you get to the 2nd/3rd from the last row you sew it forward so when you flip it back the hair has a "hump" and appears more FULL like the picture below.  Then the last track is sewn as normal.

And I wear my headbands...in the following style.....remember, this is a quick and dirty break from wigs. This is not an elaborate, weave. 

With my hair in the front I just flat iron it, and at night I put small rollers in my natural hair so it lays down.  Also I just cut in a few layers and that is it.  
Then I wear my million and one headbands...and I'm done...Here is the final result.

NOTHING FANCY...JUST A BREAK FROM WIGS.

Date Posted: Sep 25 2012 at 7:08pm
Today I wore my wig again.  I had a nice break for a few weeks.  I found out that one of my staples is being discontinued.  I ordered 7 of them in color 1b.  THe cost was 135.00 and I was thinking THANK YOU JESUS, for the invention of these wigs because....for 135.00 that is not even enough to buy some of the weave hair that is all the range.  I could not buy the hair and pay at stylist for 135.00.

Point is....if you find a wig that you like, keep the stock card...and buy in bulk so if and when it is discontinued you have a supply.  These 7 wigs will last me 6 to 7 months. 

Posted By: femmemuscleisback
Date Posted: Sep 26 2012 at 9:37am
Wow Sunshine!

Thank you for all of the wig tips!  This is great, i started reading from page one, and stay abreast, even up til now!

you'd be surprised at who's lurking, and taking notes.  Me, for one...

Wink

-------------
I've always said: If you have to wear a uniform to work? it's usually a sh*&tty job.

Date Posted: Sep 26 2012 at 9:43am
i've done exactly as you've stated regarding saving the "stock card"..  

Also, i'm learning that wig companies take advantage of wigs that will be discontinued by hiking up the price.

Wig.com/Ebonyline had a Human hair model that i liked called "Rona".. i bought it for $39.99.  3 months later? the wig has been discontinued.  they only had 3 left in stock, with colors that didn't suit me.

I went to the Wilshirewig.com website.  This same wig is now $72.

Other websites because of it's clearance?  the highest i've seen was $89.99.

I finally went to a  website called "Beauty of New York.com".. The same wig is in stock, with a variety of colors for $45.00. Thus i bought 2 more.

-------------
I've always said: If you have to wear a uniform to work? it's usually a sh*&tty job.

Date Posted: Sep 26 2012 at 9:47am
Sherri Shepard has come out with her own wig line (through the LUX hair company)..

It's on the Wigs.com (used to be wowwig.com) website.  I decided to go for a short wig called "Full-on Curls"..

Here's the difference.  Wigs.com is hasn't fulfilled the order for this wig as of yet, and i ordered it 5 days ago.

Whereas Beauty of New York.com has fulfilled my wig order the next day, and they've sent an email with tracking information.

Maybe the reason Wigs.com isn't sending it right away?  its because the Sherri Shepard wigs are a new celebrity launch.

-------------

Date Posted: Sep 29 2012 at 10:36am
Ms. Femme - THank you so much for your encouraging words.  Many times I post my ideas and its like.....silence...birds singing.....

But I am glad my ideas and experience has been helpful.

Handshake

Date Posted: Sep 29 2012 at 10:58am
DISCONTINUED WIGS 101

This has not been  a good wig week for ME.  WHy did  I just find out that my ultimate favorite wig, Easy Vera by Janet is being discontinued.  Angry

I will attach a link of the wig.  I looked through my hair binder and this wig has been around for over 3 years and I wonder if that is the average timeframe before wigs are discontinued.  My other staple top cassy by vanessa was also recently discontinued.

Well, I will encourage you to perodically check online for your favorite wig and budget your money to purchase an extra one here or there.  Lord knows, I have enough wigs to last my until the end of 2013 but I am glad to know the wigs were being discontinued so I had the option to stock up.

How I wear this wig - 

First off, I may have the same wig with two or three different wigs in rotation or for different uses.   
THis helps because once you cut a wig to fit a certain style, it is difficult to switch it to fit another sytle. 

Let me clarify...to wear your wigs in certain styles, you might need to tweak it to that style.  SO I might have one that I wear back with headbands, one that I wear to the front like the picture below. I store the wigs in the plastic bag it comes in and write a note and place it in the inside indicating..cut for headband or cut shoulder length.

Weekend - Travel - I wear it longer more like the picture -  when I travel and go out with hubby on the weekends.
To work - I cut it shoulder length. I also wear it similar to the picture or with a head band.  Cuting this wig shorter does not take away from the style

This wig is shiney so I do my solid speedstick method.  The hair texture is silky so one MUST PERM THEIR EDGES!!! 

Link to Easy Vera -
http://www.hairstopandshop.com/shop/pc/Easy-Vera-half-wig-br-By-Janet-Collection-4p608.htm" rel="nofollow - http://www.hairstopandshop.com/shop/pc/Easy-Vera-half-wig-br-By-Janet-Collection-4p608.htm

javascript:;" rel="nofollow">By Janet Collection" src="http://www.hairstopandshop.com/shop/pc/catalog/EASYVERAWIG-2T.jpg">

Date Posted: Sep 30 2012 at 8:20pm
How to feel comfortable in your first wig... I received a PM and here are my tips....I hope this HELPS!!!

1) stay close to your natural length or your length before the big chop.  If you keep it close to the same length of your natural hair or a weave worn recently, it won't gather too much  comments.
THe "funny" comments is what makes ANYONE...second guess themselves and loose confidence.  Keep it simple.

2) stay close to your natural color...when you stay close to your natural color, it is 1000% easier to blend and once again it will draw less comments.

3) leave out some of your edges..not a lot but 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inces..., and perm those edges so they "BLEND" better with the wig hair.  ANYTIME your edges are shown the wig/weave looks more real

4) Have your supplies on hand BEFORE you start  - edge tamer, hicks edge tamer, I use weave aid straight edge pomade so you can lay down your edges.

5) Have some kind of spritz spray, wig hair spray so you can spray the wig to make it "firm"...sometimes when you open the wig pack the wig is so shaky, flippy, floppy that it needs some structure.

6) wear your wig on the weekends for a while before you wear it to work.  So you gain confidence.

7) once you start wearing your wig to school/work make sure you are ready and confident so you can continue to wear it for a while.  DOnt have a long wig MOnday, then back to Halle Berry on Tuesday...that draws unnecessary attention.

8) don't go too long at first so you won't draw unnecessary comments or attention.  When something is "NEW" to you...and you are just starting out...don't go to crazy so everyone from the bus driver to the mail man is commenting on your hair.  Keep it simple to start

9) Don't buy into every tutorial on YouTUbe, you don't need to invest in a $300.00 lace wig,  you don't need to always get a remi wig, do what is right for you. Honestly, when you are just starting out with wigs I honestly don't recommend investing in the SUPER expensive wigs because you are still in the learning stages and will make cutting, styling, and various other mistakes.

10) Don't get caught up in the tube and buying every wig a person says looks good, because many of the tubers get their wigs FREE to promote. I made that mistake!!!

11) Buy and Wear a wig that is appropriate for your age, size and your facial features.  A wig that looks great on my slim 20 year old niece, can look like a royal mess on a 45 year old woman.  We have to honest with ourselves and our genetic makeup.  A wig that might look good on a white or latino sister might look crazy on a darker sister. 

Date Posted: Sep 30 2012 at 8:37pm
Where you work makes a difference....Wigs and the workplace...I received two PM's today so I hope this helps...

Everyone is different.....if you are in corporate america...and you are trying to advance and move ahead please be mindful in your wig selections.  HOW i wear my wig on the weekend with my husband is different then the wigs I wear to work.

When I'm at work I don't want my hair to be the JOKE of the office.  I don't want my hair to be so much of the conversation that it over shadows my work.  I don't want white people asking me about my wig or making statements in the group meeting about my hair. I saw this happen to a black girl at work, the white supervisor commented about her hair in a meeting. 

If your goal is to be a director, senior executive just keep these comments in mind and be mindful in your wig selections. 

Posted By: honeybee10
Date Posted: Sep 30 2012 at 10:20pm
Sunshine I love these tips. Thank you ladies that keep this section alive. My budget is synthie friendly, so I try to make them work as best I can lol. Need to squeeze every ounce of beauty and life from them I can get. I appreciate your help so much!

-------------
In mourning for the sex section...CHOGH for life

Team CHOGH Charter Member

Date Posted: Oct 01 2012 at 8:23pm
Expensive WIgs vs Cheap Wigs....which one looks better

I was on You Tube today and was watching a few videos and the poster was reviewing a 300.00 wig.
It made me think, I hope my sisters don't think this is required.

Well my 2 cents is....I have seen cheaper wigs look better than expensive wigs.  WHY...

The application. Just because you spend 350.00 for a wig does not mean it is flattering to your face shape, it does not mean the color looks good on your complexion, if you have not permed your edges and a blind man can tell that it does not blend...how is that the best purchase.

All my wigs are less than 60.00.  I don't have any expensive wigs.  Except 2 lace wig that are in individuals which I will wear when I get some individuals put around my front edges.

To me, the key to a good wig is blending and flattering to your face.  It may seem like a waste for some, some natural sister refuse to do it, but I believe perming my edges makes my wigs look so much better. 

Today I received one of the nicest compliments from a coworker...she complimented my hair and I told her it was a wig. And she said you would never know cause it blended so well, and she could never tell when I had a wig on, or my natural hair out that everything blends so seamlessly.

That was one of the best compliments of the year for ME.. That is what we want.  We don't want everyone to know the  when's, whats and how of OUR HAIR...just that it looks nice and BLENDS...

Date Posted: Oct 03 2012 at 8:04pm
Good post on the expensive/cheap wigs.

i bought 3 wigs from Beauty of New York.  Each of them were about $40.00  average. 

I decided to support a "sistah" named Sherri Shepard who apparently is hair obsessed - and bought this wig called "Full-on Curls".. $75.00 with shipping.

The moment i took it out of the box, i knew that EXPENSIVE wig was a mistake.  damn.. it's synthetic with these huge curls everywhere.  it is absolutely BIG HAIR for a short wig.  It's mostly "large" at the crown.  

According to Wigs.com (the wig experts) it's ready to wear?  don't do it.  I had to soak the wig 3x to relax those curls, and it's STILL big. It's very curly..but too much..

I'm thinking of cutting this wig specifically at the crown, but i heard that's a no no..

The other 3 wigs named "Rona?"  they were cheaper, and i get a lot of looks and compliments when i wear it.

the "Full-on curls"?  my SO told me "Use it as a back up - only!"LOL

-------------

Date Posted: Oct 03 2012 at 8:12pm

now that i'm looking at the pic of that "Full-on Curls" wig?  that wig is the same size as the model's head.

-------------

Posted By: honeybee10
Date Posted: Oct 04 2012 at 11:48am

-------------
In mourning for the sex section...CHOGH for life

Team CHOGH Charter Member

Date Posted: Oct 29 2012 at 8:16pm
Half Wig and (Braids) individuals in the Front...

WEll, I decided to post my latest hair style.  I am wearing my favorite, Easy Vera - here is the link

http://www.hairstopandshop.com/shop/pc/Easy-Vera-half-wig-br-By-Janet-Collection-4p608.htm" rel="nofollow - http://www.hairstopandshop.com/shop/pc/Easy-Vera-half-wig-br-By-Janet-Collection-4p608.htm

But I went to a braider up the street and got individuals put in the front of my hair.  The braids are from the ear forward so about 2 inches. 

WHy - Just to give my hair a break.  I noticed that my edges had thinned a little when I had in my U part wig.  I wanted to take a break from the perms and I said...what can I do...

SO....I said just put some braids in the front.  Then with my hair in the back, she just did 5 big braids going straight back.

What type of braided hair to buy - I bought human hair and only needed 1 pack and a little of another pack.  I used human hair because I wanted the option of being able to curl my hair.  I also bought the human hair that had a body curl.  Now I'm not talking about wet/ wavy but the human hair that has a body curl or loose curl pattern.

WHy did I need a pack and 1/4 - because I asked the braider to use as much hair as possible for the braids to ENSURE that it would be full enough to cover the wig.  I have done this several times and you don't want to get your hair braided to then don't have enough to cover the hump or wig.

What COlor Hair and What COlor Wig - Just make sure they match, I did 1B wig and 1 human hair - in this particular wig the 1B was a little shiney and the 1 human hair matched it better.  You have to really take your wig with you when you buy the braiding hair.

How am I wearing my hair:

Well, I have been wearing it pinned up in the top and just hanging in the back.  Here is an example  -

If the picture does not appear - it is a half up half down hairstyle - You just gather the top and pin it and leave the back curls hanging down.

Hair Accessories - I have just work nice hair clips in the back and glitter hair combs.

What does the hair look like - It looks like a person with styled individuals.  Some people might think that it is not fully braided but I like it and I have received a lot of compliments.

At night - I take the half wig off and pin a scarf and bonnet down over my braids.

How Long- I plan to keep it in for at least 4-5 weeks.

Half Updos, Half up Half down Hairstyles">

Posted By: hairfanatic501
Date Posted: Oct 30 2012 at 1:08pm
Personally, I think the best wigs are handmade. They lay flatter to your scalp and are made to fit your head shape, hairline and face. While it costs more than $40 to have one made it's well worth it in the end. I have wigs that are almost two years old that are still wearable.  Take it from me, I've worked at the BSS and purchased many synthetic wigs, if you're a serious wig wearer (daily usage) the best way to go is to invest in a handmade human hair wig. You'll save $100s in the end.   

Date Posted: Oct 31 2012 at 1:00pm
Here is a picture of my braided front - half wig in the back hairstyle.  I hope this helps.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=ao4ygi&s=6" rel="nofollow">View Full Size Image

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=3523biu&s=6" rel="nofollow">View Full Size Image

Date Posted: Oct 31 2012 at 1:45pm

Here is a picture of my braided front - half wig in the back hairstyle.  I hope this helps.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=ao4ygi&s=6" rel="nofollow">View Full Size Image

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=3523biu&s=6" rel="nofollow">View Full Size Image

Did you make this or Buy it IF you bought it from WHERE AND WHAT IS THE NAME AND HOW MUCH PLEASE?

Date Posted: Oct 31 2012 at 6:11pm
The picture above is a half wig with individuals braided in the front. 

Date Posted: Oct 31 2012 at 6:50pm
My fault I did 
not read your other post I understand now

Date Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 7:47am
Well, I took out my individuals in the front and did a good hair conditioning and PUT IT RIGHT BACK IN.
I went back to the braider and got my edges rebraided again.

THis will be my last time, because you KNOW...we much take a break and switch it UP.  I say that because have you ever seen ladies who wear braids TOO LONG and TOO OFTEN and their edges are GONE.

That can happen to anyone if we are not VIGILENT and make ourselves change up the style.  Any style after a while can take break your hair off. 

If you wear a ponytail in the same spot, over and over...that spot will thin.
If you wear braids over and over, some people will lose their edges little by little
I wore my U PART and loved it, but where I was bonding my little track...it started to thin.

SO no matter what any style and all styles can effect your hair if you are not careful.

My plan is to keep these braids in for about 5 weeks, then I'm go  back to the braider and just get a few flat braids, leaving out just a little like 1/2 inch in the front and I'm going to wear my wig as close to the hairline as possible.

I'm going to wear the wig on an angle where it comes to the hairline on one side and further back on the other. I'll see i I can find a picture or video to post showing this technique.

The braider charges like 170.00 to do a weave...I said to myself, it is cheaper for me to pay you 35.00 for some big braids, and wear my WIG.  With my wig, no working with it in the morning, just shower, get dressed and GO.

Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 7:10pm
Wearing a WIG and TRaveling....

I just came back from Dallas and I thought I'd post how my wig experience went....

Okay, on my last trip, I had my wig pinned in with bobby pins.  The pins caused a little too much attention and I just told the lady TSA person that I had on a wig and had pins.  She took me aside and was touching my hair extensively.  Now mind you, I'm with hubby so he was able to go through security and he had to wait for me.   Ouch
He didn't make a big deal, he knows the wig status, but I didn't like all the "extra" attention.  So this time, I planned in ADVANCE for this trip.

What I did was .....sew my wig down.

My own HAIR:
I had my hair braided in a circle with a 5 braids down the middle.
I believe that is the KEY, you must have your hair sewed in a circle

Wig -
I used the easy vera but you could use any wig
I gathered up the wig all the way around with a pony tail holder
then I pinned it down to my braided circle

How to Sew down:
I attached a net wig cap (I have a link to this item above)
I sewed a few sections of the wig cap down before sewing the WIG DOWN.
Then I pinned the wig down to my wig cap in a few places to secure
THen I got my curved needle and sewed the wig down around the front and sides.

Airport -
Make SURE when you go to the airport that you have NO PINS IN YOUR HAIR
I secured my hair with a cloth scruchie

Experience at Airport -
From BWI to dallas no one blinked an EYE, I walked through, spread my feet and raised my hands in the circle booth.  NO ATTENTION

Does it affect how long wig will last -
I do beleive the wig will NOT LAST as long because when you can take off your wig each night to ME it last a WHOLE LOT Longer, but this is an option to consider when traveling or when you just want an option.

REturning at Dallas airport, I went in, they had me go in a second time, the TSA lady said, I need to feel the back of your hair and it was a quick 5 second thing.

It was not like the first experience when I had in all these bobby pins to secure my wig.  THis will be my new method when possible for travel. 

Here is a video showing how to attach wig - speed up to around 3:20 - you will get the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mebh-8hFfnE&list=PLPSTsyrUsP_eKAy-40mH09DVTox4sbwqZ&index=1" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mebh-8hFfnE&list=PLPSTsyrUsP_eKAy-40mH09DVTox4sbwqZ&index=1

Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 7:51am
thanks for the airport advice, Miss Sunshine.

i learned not to wear bobby pins long time ago, after the 9/11 situation.  A week after that incident i had to travel Delta airlines.  The attitude of airport security totally changed.  One of the security guards (filipino male) went overboard, and took out my tampons from my back pack, held it up and asked "What is this?" like he'd never seen one of THOSE before.

One of the female security guards (hispanic) eyed it with suspicion.  When i finally just said "It's a TAMPON, ladies and gentlemen, a TAMPON"..Ouch

When i finally retrieved my back pack, i held up the suspicious looking TAMPON BOMB for all to see, waved it around and said "Super Plus! Super Plus"!!!

LOL

-------------

Posted By: 902sexxi
Date Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 10:52pm
So glad I read about the traveling with wigs, I was planning on traveling tomorrow and wearing a wig pinned down as a quick style. Ixnay on the wignay LOL, I'll wear a slouchy tam and KIM. Thanks for the tips.

-------------
4a/b natural and color treated.
Fotki.com/nubian7
Password is myhair

Date Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 2:12pm
 HOW TO CUT A BANG INTO YOUR WIG

Okay, so I took out my braids yesterday and I want to get all my hair braided up again.  I was looking at a bob type wig but it looked kind of fake....to me...so I said...I wish this wig had a bang so I would not need to have any of my hair out.

I went to the tube and saw these videos...which were very helpful to ME. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivvSV6VouwU" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivvSV6VouwU
THis video is a hairstylist teaching how to cut hair. He has great videos and I did this technique and it worked.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECkWlCUtJhs" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECkWlCUtJhs

Date Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 2:21pm
MISTAKE I MADE YESTERDAY WITH MY WIG...
The purpose of this post is to encourage others to not give up on a wig..

I tried on my bob wig and was like...I dont like this, it looks fake, so I went back to my old "top cassey" wig.  I will admit, I looked a mess, sniffling with a cold, eyes sort of sick looking and I said this wig is a MESS. Ouch SO...I said forget it and I didn't leave the house, I was sick like and decided to just go lay down.  My plan of action was just go back to "top cassey" when I return to work.

Well today I am going out shortly and I showered, did makeup up and I said to myself, go ahead and try on that bob wig again.  I don't think I'll wear it as a bob, that style never really "fit" me...but
I said well I could always wear the bang in the front and do a pony tail in the back.

A sister on you tube, I think her name is phillypoet, she said in one of her videos ....that when trying on wigs, put on your makeup, maybe earrings and then try and style the wig.

WHAT A DIFFERENCE TODAY, her statement is try...

SO I had my self "together", sprayed the wig for some of those flyaways, and I could see potential.

SO just don't be discouraged if a wig does not work at first....Thumbs Up

Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 5:58am
Update -
Cutting Bang in Wig

I made a mistake and I thought I'd share it.  I cut the bang and it was a little to long, so I had this brainy idea to put some hard rollers in the bang and dip the wig in hot water.

My thinking was to get a bump in the bang.  WELL, this idea did NOT WORK, it curled the hair too tight.  So I had to dip it again in hot water to take out the curl.

NOW what if I had done this the night before I planned to wear it to work.  SO luckly I am off this week otherwise this would have been a mess.

Also a lesson learned is always have a extra wig ready to go, so if one idea does not work that you have another plan of action.

What I should have done is......after watching several vides on you tube

What I should have done is when th wig bang was too long, I should have cut it shorter instead of trying to bump syn hair like it was human hair.

ANother option if the wigh hair is going in the wrong direction, I could have wet a brush with a little tap water, and then get my blow dryer and brush the hair in the direction I wanted it to go with the dryer warm air blowing over the brush.

Hope this helped someone...Big smile

Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 6:13am
What to do with your own hair under a wig -

Months ago I did a big chop, and for me it was easier to just mold my hair with grow protect solution and wear my wigs (leaving out hair in front 1 inches)

Now that I have had some hair growth, and after doing the braids in the front and having the briader put my back hair in larger braids....I now realize that it is better to get your hair braided well under your wig if possible.

I used to do the molding or try and plait up my hair to the best of my ability, which was not good.  Having it braided well, makes such a DIFFERENCE, it is so much easier and honestly better for my hair.

THe braid pattern done the first time was a circle,with 5-6 braids going straight back. This was fine but I don't think it was the flatest method.  The braider did use a little syn braiding hair but this did not make it bulky.

Yesterday I went to get it braided in the back only and I did the beehive method, all the way around and it was done very small and flat.  I really like this, I only left out a SLIVER of hair in the front, maybe a little less than 1/2 inch.

So if you have a braider near you, it is really worth it to just get your hair braided. 

Date Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 9:59am
Excellent tip...THANKS!!!!

Date Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 9:52am

I purchased my first "EXPENSIVE" wig - I purchased an RPG Show ES-119s.  Here are the details.  I posted this on the lace wig board -

Details, links, price, shedding, how to apply, etc are all on the link below. 

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/got-my-1st-rpg-show-wig_topic352843.html" rel="nofollow - http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/got-my-1st-rpg-show-wig_topic352843.html

Date Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 2:26pm
How to wear you wig in a ponytail -

The things you will need
1 - wig, 2 - Hair pins, 3- Scarf, 4 - Scrunchie (black), 5 - mirror to see how it looks all the way  around

How to put wig in pony tail -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOxWtQjwJtE" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOxWtQjwJtE

Now this video shows options on how to tie the scarf.  Now all these ideas may not apply but I leave a bang in the front and tie the scarf more to the middle and tuck the ends. here is a link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcRWFEzrzMQ" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcRWFEzrzMQ

Date Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 2:51pm
Pictures of final look - 

I wear my wig in the style of picture one and three.  But two is a good idea that I will look into.

http://adella.com/its-a-wrap-three-ways-to-wear-hair-scarves" rel="nofollow - http://adella.com/its-a-wrap-three-ways-to-wear-hair-scarves

Date Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 7:56pm
Where to purchase scarfs for hair and what size do you look for -

Okay, we all know you can get scarfs in forever 21, target, etc. 

But I found a few cute prints that you may not know about -

Vera Bradley sells cloth dinner napkins in cute prints.  I have bought a few and wear them in my hair.  Vera Bradley stores are at most larger malls, as well as you can order items off amazon.Now use your imagination, these are prints but they are vibrant and look so good with jeans, leggings and a sweater, etc.

Here is the link - below

http://www.verabradley.com/product/Category/Home/Napkin/154789/defaultColorVariantId/173467/c/638/sc/649/p/154789.uts?fromSearch=1" rel="nofollow - http://www.verabradley.com/product/Category/Home/Napkin/154789/defaultColorVariantId/173467/c/638/sc/649/p/154789.uts?fromSearch=1

Now this gave me an idea, so I went on amazon and ordered a pack of12 cloth dinner napkins, the size is 20 X 20 in solid colors and they also look great.  Please check your local walmart, sears, jcpenney, target etc for cloth dinner napkins.

Posted By: Starrygurl
Date Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by shamieya shamieya wrote:

Pattern Knit Slouch Hat

Yesssss! I'm so ready for hat season!

Same even though I live in a hot place. Most hats are too small, I have a big head.Thumbs Down Thanks for the tips. I am checking out Yesstyle again they have a good sale going on especially on hats and hair things.
http://www.yesstyle.com/en/home.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.yesstyle.com/en/home.html
I may get some of these.
http://www.yesstyle.com/en/59-seconds-bow-accent-beanie-wine-red-and-black-one-size/info.html/pid.1031285597" rel="nofollow - http://www.yesstyle.com/en/59-seconds-bow-accent-beanie-wine-red-and-black-one-size/info.html/pid.1031285597

http://www.yesstyle.com/en/59-seconds-bow-accent-rhinestone-beanie-yellow-one-size/info.html/pid.1031885100" rel="nofollow - http://www.yesstyle.com/en/59-seconds-bow-accent-rhinestone-beanie-yellow-one-size/info.html/pid.1031885100

http://www.yesstyle.com/en/59-seconds-cable-knit-beret-black-one-size/info.html/pid.1031545085" rel="nofollow - http://www.yesstyle.com/en/59-seconds-cable-knit-beret-black-one-size/info.html/pid.1031545085
http://www.yesstyle.com/en/cuteberry-jeweled-hair-tie-bow-white-one-size/info.html/pid.1030866989" rel="nofollow - http://www.yesstyle.com/en/cuteberry-jeweled-hair-tie-bow-white-one-size/info.html/pid.1030866989

Date Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 9:18pm
Hey Starry - THanks for the links, I was not familar with this site at all.  THANKS!!!

Posted By: Starrygurl
Date Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 5:56pm
^^Your welcome.Tongue

Date Posted: Jan 21 2013 at 8:50am

Planning to take a cruise next month -

Next month I'm going on a cruise, I'm not sure how I'm going to wear my hair but we KNOW...that if you are taking the plane you should NOT secure your hair with pins.

My trip is Feb 14 so I am planning now.

I ordered 1 fridaynight wig to see how it would look, I have several ideas...either I'm going to sew down a U part wig, I'm going to sew down a lace wig or I"m going to sew down a half wig.

The purpose of this post is to remind everyone....plan ahead...if you know you are traveling don't wait until the week before your trip to order hair.  Order a few weeks in advance.

I'll post an update of what I end up doing.

Date Posted: Jan 21 2013 at 8:54am
If you find a wig, that you really like....and it fits your face shape.....I encourage you to order several.

On youtube when I see a video of a sister in a wig that I like.... I save the video in my playlist.  I was going thru the videos and you would be surprised how many wigs that I like are no longer made.

So just keep that in mind, wigs have a cycle and after a while unless you are wearing a very popular wig like "bally girl" for example...your wig might be discountinued.

I have a staple wig called Top Cassey and she has been discountinued so....when I found out I order like 8 and I have them in a plastic crate in the pacakging in my garage.    So if you have a favorite occasionally buy one and put it aside when your funds permit.

Date Posted: Jan 21 2013 at 5:29pm
Good tip Sunshine!

Date Posted: Jan 21 2013 at 7:25pm

If you find a wig, that you really like....and it fits your face shape.....I encourage you to order several.

On youtube when I see a video of a sister in a wig that I like.... I save the video in my playlist.  I was going thru the videos and you would be surprised how many wigs that I like are no longer made.

So just keep that in mind, wigs have a cycle and after a while unless you are wearing a very popular wig like "bally girl" for example...your wig might be discountinued.

I have a staple wig called Top Cassey and she has been discountinued so....when I found out I order like 8 and I have them in a plastic crate in the pacakging in my garage.    So if you have a favorite occasionally buy one and put it aside when your funds permit.

yep, i agree.. My "go to wigs" for work at Stella(HH) and Ann Wig (Synthetic).  to be honest, i bought the Ann by accident when the Stella suddenly became popular and the price went up, or discontinued on some sites. 

Knowing that i will be using this wig everyday, i bought 3 of each to rotate out each week .. Didn't wish to buy a lot because i'm sure i'll get tired of the style in a year..

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 24 2013 at 9:59am
Well Ladies, I'm back from the cruise.

My hubby and I went on royal carib. allure of the seas.  This is the largest cruise ship and we had a great time. 

I ended up sewing down my easy vera wig.  I worked out very well and I had no problems at the airport. 

Here are the steps:

1 - I permed my edges, I only leave out like 2 inches
2 - put on black dome cap
3 - then put on net weave cap
4 - sew it around the parimeter of my natural hair wich is braided in a circle

5 - I wear the black dome cap because I have a lot of gray hair and in case for some crazy reason the wig tracks shift or blow in the wind all the person see's is black.  Just imagine if your hair blows and the person see's a gray like color of your natural hair.

This only applies to older sisters like me with a lot of gray hair.  Most people can just apply the net weave cap and sew that down.

6 - Use weave needle

7 - Put wig in a ponytail and pin it to your head then sew it down.

8 - I did not sew it all the way around but I did the entire front from ear to ear and the back from say nape to nape.

9 - once I got home from the cruise I cut the wig out and am able to wear it as normal.

The reason I did not keep the wig sewn on is because I wanted it to last.  Remember syn wigs don't last as long when you are sleeping in it every day and never take it off. 

Date Posted: Feb 24 2013 at 10:03am
Why do I perm my edges -

I am 90% natural but the reason I perm my edges is because I think the wigs look more natural when some of your hair is out at the edges.  If the hair out a at the edges do not blend than it screams fake.  Also if the hair is not permed then for ME...it requires much more work...to make it blend, flat iron, pressing etc.

So I just perm the first 1 1/2 to 2 inches and that is that.

What kind of perm do you use.....I use dark and lovely nothing special and I do it at home myself.  Since it is only the edges being permed it does seem like a waste of product but it is okay to have a more natural wig appearance.

Also please note, I wear my lace wigs and half wigs with some of my hair out.

Hope this helps!!!

Date Posted: Mar 27 2013 at 7:49pm
Well Ladies - I mentioned a while ago that I purchased a RPG Show wig.  Well I FINALLY wore it to work this week and I am hear to report the outcome.  WIG ELS-119

TEXTURE - I purchased the yaki hair.  The yaki texture is not kinky it is a ligh yaki.  Unless you are very light in complexion please do NOT UNDER ANY circumstances order the SILKY.  Because honestly the yaki is very very much on the silky side.

HOW IT COMES OUT THE BOX -
The hair looks nice out the box, but depending on the wig you order, if you order ELS it is NOT CUT in any style.  You will have to do something.  Don't make my mistake, please please make sure you cut the hair with a razor comb or some kind. 

I did not do that initally and wow what a different, I will post a video showing how to cut.  This video helped me tremendously.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI8YcKwoV_0&list=PLPSTsyrUsP_fsgt2LrMubp4-tmw1eUDTi&index=2" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI8YcKwoV_0&list=PLPSTsyrUsP_fsgt2LrMubp4-tmw1eUDTi&index=2

This video helped me 1000% you must invest in a razor comb from sally.  The hair looks so much better then when I tried to "cut" it.

Date Posted: Mar 27 2013 at 8:10pm
Cont
When I took it out the box I did not have a hump of any kind.

Cap Size - I ordered a cap number 2.  I have 2 RPS SHow wigs and both are in a cap 2.  The sizing is slighlty different.  So measure your head and if you are on the border please....order the larger size.

HOW DID I SECURE -
At first, I thought oh this is slipping off.  This wig has two combs on the side in the front and no comb in the back.  At first, I was wearing a "regular wig cap.  That was my mistake, I decided to try a "net" weave cap.  That was better because the bobby pins could go through the openings in the cap.  Here is a picture of a net weave cap. Here is a picture.  It is small but see how the weave cap has little openings where you can slide the bobby pins

http://store.goldenmartbeautysupply.com/anmewecapbl.html" rel="nofollow - http://store.goldenmartbeautysupply.com/anmewecapbl.html

Also because I am not using tape, I used the small bobby pins and did an X shape with two pins for added security.  I used the normal size bobby pins in the back.

Date Posted: Mar 27 2013 at 8:19pm
Cost -
RPG shows wigs are not cheap.  It is an investment.  This wig cost about 275.00 and I was the first to say....you don't have to buy expensive wigs.  I still say that for some cases but ....there is a difference.

I have received more compliments from everyone....with this wig then all my other wigs.  I have always been told that my wigs look natural but this one is the most compliments I have received.

HUMAN HAIR -
Yes, this wig is human hair.  WHich is quite different then synthetic wigs.  I love my syn wigs because the curls are permanent.  While this wig looks good, but YOU MUST ROLL IT UP WITH A CURLING IRON OR hard/spong rollers.

YOU HAVE TO DO SOMETHING WITH IT.  For me, every night i have put hard rollers at the top and sponge rollers at the bottom.  For me this is better then waking up at 5:30 am to start bathing and hot curling hair. 

PRODUCT -
I have put some prodcut on the hair just to "firm" it up a bit. 

COLOR - I purchases a 1B, for this kind of money I did not want any foolishness where the color was crazy.  The 1B is not a super black it is a natural off black shade.

Would I buy it again -
YES, but you have to make up in your mind that you are going to pay for this wig.  PERIOD and end of story.

PERMING EDGES
Yes, I did perm my edges because I leave out less than 1/8 or an inch.  I leave out something in the front. 

CUT -
I cut it with a swoop bang so I only have a little edge out on one SIDE, but with this texture - even though it is "YAKY"....if your hair is not permed don't even think about leaving out any edges unless you plan to super flat iron everyday.

Date Posted: Mar 27 2013 at 8:51pm
"net weave cap" good tip Sunshine. 

Date Posted: Mar 27 2013 at 9:00pm
I use thinning shears to decrease the bulk. 

Date Posted: Mar 28 2013 at 2:51pm
thanks for the reminder... I have a thinning shears and did not use it.  I will use it tonight on the sides. 

Date Posted: Mar 29 2013 at 9:25am

Just as another update -

I paid for this RPG SHow Wig, I did not get my wig FREE...they dont' know me at RPG SHow.  BUT I will say this again after wearing every day this week, getting compliments from WHITE MEN, WHITE WOMEN, SISTERS, BROTHERS....I go so many COMPLIMENTS.....

ANd I'm not the best hair cutter.  I just used the razor comb, and rolled up the hair with sponge rollers.

This wig is worth the money to ME!!! 

Date Posted: Apr 17 2013 at 7:27pm
Tip for using spray in color on gray hair.

In the front of my edges, I have gray hair. I do not want to dye my hair much because it appears to be thinning out my hair.  I use Jerome Russell spray in color in black.  Here are some tips -

1) If you need gel for your edges put that on first
2) Brush hair as needed
3) SPray on spray color lightly
If for some reason you need hair spray USE IT NOW
the last step is step 4
4)get your hair dryer or even a small bathroom fan and let some air blow on your edges for a minute or two.
5)This will set the hair and color.

Remember, if you spray first then add gel or anything you might have dripping of the spray color. It happen to me a couple of times like 1 hour later black dye is running down my face.Cry

Don't let that happen to you.

Print Page | Close Window