Print Page | Close Window

Do people still use Netflix?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=337863
Printed Date: Jul 22 2018 at 8:08am

Topic: Do people still use Netflix?
Posted By: starflower7
Subject: Do people still use Netflix?
Date Posted: Apr 23 2012 at 1:08pm
Looking at their website it seems pretty good. Every movie I've searched for came up. My only question is are all these movies available for online streaming? Or would I have to receive them by mail, in DVD form?

Movies I looked up: The Bad Seed; Mission: Impossible; Hostel; Femme Fatal; 2001: A Space Odyssey; Eve's Bayou; Night of the Living Dead (1968) and all of them came up. Does Netflix really have all these movies streamable for $7.99 a month for serious? Or is this some kind of trap? Confused LOL
Please share your experiences with Netflix's streaming service.

Replies:
Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Apr 23 2012 at 1:09pm
Just streaming.
They recently added Bobs Burgers.
Im sold.

-------------
Never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant

Date Posted: Apr 23 2012 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Just streaming.
They recently added Bobs Burgers.
Im sold.

So do you use it? Do you love it? Is there a catch?

Date Posted: Apr 23 2012 at 1:12pm
The movie selection is subpar but if I want to find a movie I use other sites.
I like it for TV shows. Mostly
I do sometimes luck up on an interesting movie.

-------------
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant

Posted By: nitabug
I try, but mostly my sister, best friend and my ex use mines.

Everything sucks

-------------
God forgive me for my brash delivery
But I remember vividly what these streets did to me

Posted By: tropical-punch
I have the streaming service. Its alright. The DVD package has way more content. I honestly think netflix should nix the DVD package and switch to all streaming. They have way more movies/tv shows/etc on the DVD package. I am certain that would hike the price up quite a bit though. Possibly to the point where I would cancel. 

Date Posted: Apr 23 2012 at 1:14pm
Yeah I'm thinking those movies I looked up have to be DVD only. There's no way they could have just any random movie I look up. I knew it was a trick, those bastids. I'm gonna get the free trial to make sure. Thanks, guys.

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Apr 23 2012 at 1:16pm
I had the dvd service and just got rid of it. DVD's would sit here for 5 months at a time. It was wasteful.

-------------
God forgive me for my brash delivery
But I remember vividly what these streets did to me

Date Posted: Apr 23 2012 at 1:17pm
Ia tropical everything should be streaming.
For 10 or 12 bucks a month

-------------
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant

Date Posted: Apr 23 2012 at 1:17pm
Those Mf'ers had the Bodyguard streaming at one point then took it away. *grr*

Posted By: kandi*tess
Date Posted: Apr 23 2012 at 1:18pm
I have netflix, they recently launched in the UK so they're still in their free trial period stage. I don't think I would pay for it though.

I only stream.

-------------
"Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut because you're on a diet"

Posted By: tbaby123
Date Posted: Apr 23 2012 at 1:21pm
they used to have a mucchh better movie streaming selection and now it seems liek its only like old movie

Posted By: iGotSunshine
Date Posted: Apr 23 2012 at 1:22pm
i have it.
i like it

-------------
“Don't be in a hurry to condemn because he doesn't do what you do or think as you think or as fast. There was a time when you didn't know what you know today.”
― Malcolm X

Date Posted: Apr 23 2012 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by tropical-punch tropical-punch wrote:

Those Mf'ers had the Bodyguard streaming at one point then took it away. *grr*

See, it doesn't say that when you look it up. I guess they're waiting for me to join so they can say "Gotcha! This one is DVD only! Upgrade and pay more $$$!"

Posted By: Random Thoughts
Date Posted: Apr 23 2012 at 1:33pm
I just did a search on the streaming and none of the movies you listed are available for stream. I can tell you that A Space Odyssey and Night of the Living Dead were available for stream about a few months ago (I watched both) but Netflix switches out what's available every few months.

Netflix Instant Stream isn't very good with new releases. They usually only have a handful new releases available. The selection is hit or miss.

The newest movies they have available for stream are movies like Madeas Big Happy Family (2011), No Strings Attatched (2011), and Toy Story 3 (2011), and True Grit (2010).

What Netflix DOES have a lot of is great documentaries and tv shows. Newer shows Shows like Mad Men, Breaking Bad, How I Met Your Mother, Switched At Birth, NipTuck, Teen Mom, The Office, Prison Break, Lost, Sons of Anarchy, Glee, Greys Anatomy, Walking Dead, Family Guy, Futurama, South Park,  Jersey Shore, are all available.

Older shows like Law and Order, The Twilight Zone, Married with Children, Satruday Night Live, Beavis and Butthead, Bernie Mac Show, are available. And a lot of older childrens shows like Power Rangers, Saved By The Bell, Rugrats, and Avatar: The Last Airbender, are available.

They have a pretty good selection of classic movies like The Graduate, Planet of The Apes, Cassablanca, Clockwork Orange, and Chinatown.

For 'black' movies, they have films like Soul Food, Dont Be A Menance, Waiting To Exhale and Friday After Next.

The best part of netflix is their collection of anime, wrestling series, tv shows and documentaries. They have an excellent collection of all of the above, esp when it comes to documentaries. I spend about 95% of my time on those things.

I'd say netflix instant stream isn't worth it if you only want to search for popular movies. But if you are into watching indie movies, foreign movies, documentaries, tv series, and some older movies then I think it's pretty good value.

I have Amazon Prime and Netflix on my ps3 and I use it way more than I do cable. Thinking about dropping cable altogether.

Date Posted: Apr 23 2012 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

I just did a search on the streaming and none of the movies you listed are available for stream. I can tell you that A Space Odyssey and Night of the Living Dead were available for stream about a few months ago (I watched both) but Netflix switches out what's available every few months. 

Wow, I knew it was too good to be true...thanks. I'm not paying 7.99 to only watch what they want me to watch. I do love cartoons and documentaries, though so I may get the free trial, but I doubt I'll sign up now since my hopes are dashed. Disapprove

Posted By: lexis83
Date Posted: Apr 23 2012 at 1:40pm
It depends on ur taste. I've seen and enjoyed many movies I'd normally not consider

Posted By: Ladycoils
Date Posted: Apr 23 2012 at 1:57pm
I have it. I would be great it they had new releases. 

-------------
To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are.

Posted By: Jr1127
Date Posted: Apr 23 2012 at 2:09pm
I have it. But after netflix no longer is partner with starz the movies started to suck.

Posted By: indiecat
Date Posted: Apr 23 2012 at 2:10pm
i use someone elses netflix

-------------
"It's ignorant to try to invalidate someone else's experience because it hasn't happened to you yet."

Posted By: HUgirl13
Date Posted: Apr 23 2012 at 2:16pm
I have it and I like it. I used to have the DVD package too until they doubled the price. but they ship pretty fast and stuff so if you just want to rent DVDs I think it'd probably be worth it. 

Posted By: honeyb87
Date Posted: Apr 24 2012 at 5:29pm
I agree with the person who said you may not enjoy it if you only want popular movies. I love old school/ indie/ 80's/documentaries so I always find something to watch. I also found a lot of TV shows that I haven't seen in years (The Wonder Years, Ren and Stimpy, Hey Arnold, Rugrats, Rocko's Modern Life, etc)

I'm putting my account on hold until June because it can be distracting lol. I have over 200+ movies in my quene. 

I'm going on a Netflix fast for one month..

-------------
Going through a quarter life crisis. Judge me if you will. No fcks will be given though.

Don't call a b*tch a b*tch unless you like the b*tch

Posted By: Babydoll9163
Date Posted: Apr 24 2012 at 6:51pm
RT between netflix and amazon prime which would you like?

Also do they have reality shows (BBW, RHOA, Bridezillas etc)?

I'm looking for something to replace cable.

-------------
Stupid ppl are like a unicorn. They too do not exist. They are just liberated... liberated from knowledge. -nycdiva

Posted By: Ladybird0724
Date Posted: Apr 24 2012 at 6:54pm
i used to have it, but might get it back b/c they will show the new "arrested development" season

-------------
It is said it takes seven years
to grow completely new skin cells.
To think, this year I will grow
into a body you never will
have touched.
— Brett Elizabeth Jenkins

Posted By: JasmineE02
Date Posted: Apr 24 2012 at 6:56pm
I got rid of cable have hulu plus and netflix with one dvd.  It makes me happy. Heart  I get to watch my favorite shows and still get popular movies at a much more reasonable price.  

Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Apr 24 2012 at 6:57pm
all the movies you can rent, are not available for streaming. thats why i cancelled. 2 years ago, there streaming library was sh*t. i rather pay for newsgroups 

Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: Apr 24 2012 at 7:04pm
I Like it, i'm gifted w/picking Good Movies so it works out for me...

Posted By: Babydoll9163
Date Posted: Apr 24 2012 at 7:05pm
Tell me more about hulu...

Will that work on my Wii? LOL

-------------
Stupid ppl are like a unicorn. They too do not exist. They are just liberated... liberated from knowledge. -nycdiva

Posted By: PeacefulOne
Date Posted: Apr 24 2012 at 10:27pm
I like my Netflix.  Streaming only.  Under 8 bucks a month.
I use basic Hulu, but I hate the commercials! 

I have seen some good movies on netflix, and I love the documentaries.

I even watched Memphis on it, cause I didn't get to see it in NY.  Now I've seen it like 8 times, lol

Posted By: keishe83
Date Posted: Apr 24 2012 at 11:01pm
I have the streaming Netflix...and it's awesoooome:-) lol

Posted By: honeyb87
Date Posted: Apr 24 2012 at 11:57pm
Yeah, the 7.99 Netflix bill is awesome lol! 

I would like to learn about Hulu and amazon prime though. 

-------------
Going through a quarter life crisis. Judge me if you will. No fcks will be given though.

Don't call a b*tch a b*tch unless you like the b*tch

Date Posted: Apr 25 2012 at 12:13am
Oh and Netflix has shows one season late.
I have hulu plus as well. That one has shows the day after they air.

Posted By: QueenBee
Date Posted: Apr 25 2012 at 12:26am
I love it for the kids section for my son.

Posted By: Allure.
Date Posted: Apr 25 2012 at 12:35am
Most of the good movies I searched weren't available for streaming, had to order DVDs. But there are some good movies on live streaming

-------------

Posted By: Allure.
Date Posted: Apr 25 2012 at 12:40am
Originally posted by JasmineE02 JasmineE02 wrote:

I got rid of cable have hulu plus and netflix with one dvd.  It makes me happy. Heart  I get to watch my favorite shows and still get popular movies at a much more reasonable price.  

I plan on doing this too.Cable casts too Damn much and I only watch a few channels lol

-------------

Posted By: Gumdrop92
Date Posted: Apr 25 2012 at 1:07am
We tried the free trial on our wii. I was so pissed because my dad updated the wii and it messed up my hack.
Then he said he didn't even like it after downloading it. I watched a couple of movies, old school cartoons, and anime though.

-------------
"A miracle is another name for hard work," -Kang Tae Joon 아름다운 그대에게
SL to BSL in 2012

Posted By: *Belle*Femme*
Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 4:59pm
Soooo good people. I'm thinking about canceling my cable as well. I'm never home enough to watch so I want to get netflix or Hulu plus. What do y'all thinking.

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 5:01pm
I never got netflix either. Just yesterday I was asking about hulu plus. Yesterday I signed up for the bait and switch/free trial.

Posted By: Mixer
Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 5:02pm
On my Xbox 360, my little brother downloading his account on to it so I play games online and watch Netflix for free. It's awesome.

Posted By: mangachan
Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 5:04pm
I got the free netflix trial so I could binge on walking dead before it came back on tv.  I forgot the cancel the free trial so now I just have the regular streaming service.  It's pretty cool even though it doesn't have everything.

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by mangachan mangachan wrote:

I got the free netflix trial so I could binge on walking dead before it came back on tv.  I forgot the cancel the free trial so now I just have the regular streaming service.  It's pretty cool even though it doesn't have everything.

Yeah that good ole bait and switch. I was wondering why they needed my payment info for a free trial.

Posted By: kfoxx1998
Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 5:19pm
I have all three because like someone said one is all seasons past and the other will have day after.  I get some great free movies with Amazon Prime so there's thatLOL

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 5:22pm
 we have hulu plus, amazon, netflix. They came installed on the tvs. hub uses them mostly. I use Amazon sometime.

eta: also cinemaNow and vidi(?) HD movies

Posted By: *Belle*Femme*
Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 5:25pm
I feel like getting all three will add up to the cost of cable. I just want one. The best one out of them.

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 5:38pm
Hell yeah how you think I watch House of Cards and Orange is the New Black?

Plus a bunch of other shows.
I don't feel like looking for them all so nice to have them in one,
Same reason I have Hulu plus even though the commercials make me unsub habitually

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 5:40pm
It honestly depends on what you watch.

I have all three too.

Netflix is cool for catching up on past seasons and watching movies, but it doesn't have current seasons of anything. Hulu has episodes available the day after they air, but they don't have a lot of shows I love like Project Runway, the Real Housewives franchise, Pretty Little Liars, Sons of Anarchy, etc.

If you care about up to date episodes, Netflix isn't for you. You might like Hulu, but make sure shows you actually watch are on there.

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 5:45pm
I keep meaning to cancel my cable.

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 7:53pm
ugh I've given so many ppl my Netflix information that they actually call me talkin about, "can you log off, it says too many devices."...bish...and it's not even me on it.  I'm changing my password on everybody one of these days.

Posted By: Tbaby
Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 9:18pm
I like netflix for TV shows--love House of Cards, and been watching Grays Anatomy seasons.

It has great kids shows and mine love it.  I have a Roku box that I use which has other programming on it--cooking shows and other movie providers.

Print Page | Close Window