Print Page | Close Window

Updated OP: George Zimmerman Charge w/ Murder 2

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=337097
Printed Date: Nov 22 2017 at 5:09pm


Topic: Updated OP: George Zimmerman Charge w/ Murder 2
Posted By: Gia2009
Subject: Updated OP: George Zimmerman Charge w/ Murder 2
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:15pm

Florida state prosecutor Angela Corey has charged George Zimmerman with second degree murder in the shooting of http://globalgrind.com/tag/Trayvon-Martin" rel="nofollow - Trayvon Martin , the Associated Press is reporting. He is already in custody.

http://globalgrind.com/news/george-zimmerman-be-charged-today-details" rel="nofollow - STORY: George Zimmerman To Be Charged Today!

It has been over 40 days since Zimmerman shot and killed Trayvon inside a Sanford, FL gated community.

Zimmerman has been missing since the night of the shooting and the case has subsequently become worldwide news, prompting activists, celebrities and even President Obama to speak out.

Yesterday Zimmerman’s lawyers withdrew from the case, citing their inability to contact Zimmerman.

Lawyers Craig Sonner and Hal Uhrig expressed concern in a news conference about Zimmerman’s emotional and physical well being, claiming he has taken actions without consulting them.

According to reports, Zimmerman voluntarily surrendered himself to authorities, he has new council and he was out of the state of Florida. 

Zimmerman's new lawyer Mark O'Mara told http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/04/11/prosecutor-to-announce-decision-on-zimmerman/" rel="nofollow - CNN that his client turned himself into police.

Corey spoke with Sybrina Martin moments before she announced the charges against Zimmerman at a news conference in Jacksonville, FL. Corey told the room full of reporters: 

"We have charged George Zimmerman charged with murder in the 2nd degree and he is in custody." 

Corey continued saying: 

"We do not prosecute by public pressure or by petition. And it is the search for justice for Trayvon that has led us to this moment." 

Corey said she will not discuss evidence in the case, but says the standard is proof beyond a reasonable doubt. Right now, no bond is set on Zimmerman and prosecutors won't disclose Zimmerman's whereabouts for his safety. 

Below is the official STATE OF FLORIDA V. ZIMMERMAN: Charging document for 2nd degree murder-


Read more: http://globalgrind.com/news/george-zimmerman-charged-second-degree-murder-arrested-details#ixzz1rn19n7oc" rel="nofollow - http://globalgrind.com/news/george-zimmerman-charged-second-degree-murder-arrested-details#ixzz1rn19n7oc


-------------
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker" rel="nofollow][/URL]
   <a href="http://www.myfitnesspal.com" target="_b



Replies:
Posted By: Junior Jr
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:16pm
jr.

-------------


Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:17pm
Could be charged "as early as today."

We're still waiting.


-------------
When common sense fails, assume I am taking the piss and being sarcastic.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.


Posted By: Lilaca
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:18pm


-------------


Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:20pm


-------------
Chris and Koochie split! - Mrshairdo

Sometimes when sh*t happens...you say fucc - Cyndi Lauper

let's look death in the face and say "whatever man". -Hurley.


Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:20pm
YES.

And without everybody kicking up dust he would have walked away living life as if nothing happened.
I'm so happy about this first step

-------------
Never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant


Posted By: bindy
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:20pm
ok, now lets hope this does not end up like the Casey Anthony trial......


Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:20pm
MSNBC SAYS SHE WILL MAKE THE ANNOUNCEMENT LATE THIS AFTERNOON!


-------------
When common sense fails, assume I am taking the piss and being sarcastic.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.


Posted By: MissinCali
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:20pm
THANK YOU JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ClapCry
 


-------------


Posted By: Miss SDY
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:21pm
Sweet baby Jesus!!CryClap

-------------
http://daisypath.com" rel="nofollow">

NL----[SL]----APL----BSB----BSL

Closing in on APL!!!



Posted By: Junior Jr
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:22pm

what good is this if they cant find the Brotha?

 
jr.


-------------


Posted By: Addicted19034
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:22pm
yess i just changed to CNN


Posted By: Lilaca
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:23pm
where is this f*cks whereabouts anyhoo?

-------------


Posted By: marumaruyobi
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:23pm
Saving my seat. Clutching my pearls and ready to upend some tables.

-------------


Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:24pm
MSNBC says that the feds know where he is.  They'll get him.

-------------
When common sense fails, assume I am taking the piss and being sarcastic.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.


Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:24pm
This is good news but this would be GREAT news if he was to be charged with Murder or Murder in 2nd degree

but it is more likely that he will be charged with Manslaughter... smh


-------------
Change only arrives at the sense of urgency weather through external or internal forces, being in a state of comfort seldom brings change.


Posted By: James Avery
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:24pm


-------------
God bless




Posted By: whosbotheringme
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:24pm
OMG!!!  I have tears in my eyes.

The first hurdle!



-------------
http://img138.imageshack.us/i/trayvonmartin.jpg/" rel="nofollow">


Posted By: Lilnicka4u2nv
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:24pm
YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

-------------


Posted By: Sleek
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:25pm
YESSSSSSSSSSSSClap


Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:25pm
...

-------------
Never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant


Posted By: Claudie
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:25pm
YES!!  It is long overdue. 

-------------
"A lie has speed, but truth has endurance." - Edgar J. Mohn


Posted By: so_GLAM
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by Claudie Claudie wrote:


<font size="7">YES!!  It is long overdue. 




Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:28pm
Congratulations to the ladies of BHM for you're hard work paying off! Clap

I tip my hat to you all


-------------
Change only arrives at the sense of urgency weather through external or internal forces, being in a state of comfort seldom brings change.


Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by Junior Jr Junior Jr wrote:

what good is this if they cant find the Brotha?

 
jr.

I doubt he can't be found.
Where did out hear that nobody/ no agency knows where he is?


-------------
Never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant


Posted By: Addicted19034
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:28pm
so they said there will be no jury, what does this mean.

is he automatically going to jail?


Posted By: Allure.
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:28pm
I hope they don't go easy on him since he has rich Judges on his team/family. I hope and pray he gets a life sentence. He does not deserve to walk these streets since Trayvon never will again because of him.

-------------


Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by Junior Jr Junior Jr wrote:

what good is this if they cant find the Brotha?

 
jr.

I doubt he can't be found.
Where did out hear that nobody/ no agency knows where he is?


-------------
Never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant


Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:28pm
Feds got that BITCH.

-------------
When common sense fails, assume I am taking the piss and being sarcastic.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.


Posted By: iGotSunshine
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:28pm
WOW!!!! Clap

-------------
“Don't be in a hurry to condemn because he doesn't do what you do or think as you think or as fast. There was a time when you didn't know what you know today.”
― Malcolm X


Posted By: iGotSunshine
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by Addicted19034 Addicted19034 wrote:

so they said there will be no jury, what does this mean.

is he automatically going to jail?
 
LOL
i think they meant no grand jury but if George decides to he can forego a jury and let a judge decide his fate  


-------------
“Don't be in a hurry to condemn because he doesn't do what you do or think as you think or as fast. There was a time when you didn't know what you know today.”
― Malcolm X


Posted By: smaison
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:30pm
i'll jump for joy when i see that phucker in handcuffs. 


Posted By: Allure.
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by Addicted19034 Addicted19034 wrote:

so they said there will be no jury, what does this mean.

is he automatically going to jail?


It just means the decision about him going to jail will rest solely on Corey's shoulders instead of letting a jury make the decision. No other person would have a say in what happens to George

....unless she's getting bribed or paid under the table to let him go without a big sentence.


-------------


Posted By: *M. Gurl *
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:31pm
ClapClap


-------------


Posted By: iGotSunshine
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by smaison smaison wrote:

i'll jump for joy when i see that phucker in handcuffs. 
shid i'll get my weave wet


-------------
“Don't be in a hurry to condemn because he doesn't do what you do or think as you think or as fast. There was a time when you didn't know what you know today.”
― Malcolm X


Posted By: Addicted19034
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by iGotSunshine iGotSunshine wrote:

Originally posted by Addicted19034 Addicted19034 wrote:

so they said there will be no jury, what does this mean.

is he automatically going to jail?
 
LOL
i think they meant no grand jury but if George decides to he can forego a jury and let a judge decide his fate  


fuk what if the jury is all white?Cry casey Anthony all over again


Posted By: Addicted19034
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by Allure. Allure. wrote:

Originally posted by Addicted19034 Addicted19034 wrote:

so they said there will be no jury, what does this mean.

is he automatically going to jail?


It just means the decision about him going to jail will rest solely on Corey's shoulders instead of letting a jury make the decision. No other person would have a say in what happens to George

....unless she's getting bribed or paid under the table to let him go without a big sentence.


oohh then scratch my previous post. idk why she would make the decision to press charges if she wasnt gonna put him in jail. she better not play like that.


Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:35pm
praise jesus!

-------------


Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:37pm
CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAO!!

 ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap


-------------


Posted By: RoxieDream
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:37pm
Good! 

-------------
<< Swerve >>


Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by iGotSunshine iGotSunshine wrote:

Originally posted by smaison smaison wrote:

i'll jump for joy when i see that phucker in handcuffs. 
shid i'll get my weave wet


LMFAO


-------------


Posted By: Nisha
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:38pm
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-------------


Posted By: Flowing-Ice
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:39pm
Good progress.
When will he be arrested I wonder.

-------------
And Jean Paul Gaultier and a Hermes bag and four inch tips made of ostrich ;Sharp enough to slit your wrists her lips spread gossip ;Won't say sorry when she offends


Posted By: Yardgirl
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:40pm
I'll rejoice when I hear what he's charged with.  Because if they charge him with some bullsh*t....

-------------


Posted By: Spokenword
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:41pm
Hopefully, he will be charged with something that doesn't come with a weak sentence.  but this is good that he will be charged with something. i, too, want to see that punk in handcuffs. followed by speedy trial and lengthy sentence.



Posted By: nycdiva357
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:41pm
SUNSHINE???
wats up..lol


-------------
He follows what I'm saying.. I aint gotta twitter shyt.


Posted By: macyscorner
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:41pm
 
Originally posted by iGotSunshine iGotSunshine wrote:

Originally posted by smaison smaison wrote:

i'll jump for joy when i see that phucker in handcuffs. 
shid i'll get my weave wet


thisLOL
----

This is great news..He just better not get a bullsh*t charge


-------------
I miss my broder!


Posted By: MissinCali
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:42pm
They are saying that even if he is charged with manslaughter he can get 30 yrs..

-------------


Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:43pm
I don't think he'll get murder 1. Even when the story broke I was thinking Manslaughter

-------------
God forgive me for my brash delivery
But I remember vividly what these streets did to me


Posted By: iGotSunshine
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by nycdiva357 nycdiva357 wrote:

SUNSHINE???
wats up..lol
 
Originally posted by Addicted19034 Addicted19034 wrote:

so they said there will be no jury, what does this mean.

is he automatically going to jail?
 
On page 4, Addicted stated that there won't be a jury.
That cant be decided just yet correct? They were most likely talking about a grand jury? Or are they saying that George will forego his right to a jury and let a judge decide his fate?
 
Wouldnt it be too early for him to decide? Confused 
 
I only took four criminal justice classes in school. help me out lol


-------------
“Don't be in a hurry to condemn because he doesn't do what you do or think as you think or as fast. There was a time when you didn't know what you know today.”
― Malcolm X


Posted By: iGotSunshine
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

I don't think he'll get murder 1. Even when the story broke I was thinking Manslaughter
 
yeah i never thought it would be murder 1
 
i always thought manslaughter, stalking and a slew of other charges to pad the file


-------------
“Don't be in a hurry to condemn because he doesn't do what you do or think as you think or as fast. There was a time when you didn't know what you know today.”
― Malcolm X


Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:45pm
It's gonna take so long for this trial to start. Change of venue , mental tests, continuances , ugh.
But I'm still glad to hear this

-------------
Never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant


Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

I don't think he'll get murder 1. Even when the story broke I was thinking Manslaughter

he can't get murder 1 because there is no grand jury


update: news conference will be at 6pm eastern


-------------


Posted By: Lilaca
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:47pm
sometimes people can't face the court when they have mental breakdown....i hope this doesn't happen! i hope them prisoners are polishing his cell up ready and waiting...

-------------


Posted By: TiffanyinTX
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:47pm
wow, i totally thought they would find a way to wait this out.
 
awesome.


-------------
bhm will leave you broke, baldheaded and single-Afro

did she just say the 'sacred cow worship of black men'? ROFL. Woo!


Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by iGotSunshine iGotSunshine wrote:

Originally posted by nycdiva357 nycdiva357 wrote:

SUNSHINE???
wats up..lol
 
Originally posted by Addicted19034 Addicted19034 wrote:

so they said there will be no jury, what does this mean.

is he automatically going to jail?
 
On page 4, Addicted stated that there won't be a jury.
That cant be decided just yet correct? They were most likely talking about a grand jury? Or are they saying that George will forego his right to a jury and let a judge decide his fate?
 
Wouldnt it be too early for him to decide? Confused 
 
I only took four criminal justice classes in school. help me out lol

there won't be a grand jury to determine his indictment, i believe there is a difference from the actual trial by jury



-------------


Posted By: csungrl09
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:48pm
Whether he will be charged or not, its going down today!

-------------
Even with a low LSAT, i'm a hot commodity.


Posted By: nycdiva357
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:51pm
addicted... they meant grand jury..

to decide whether or not GZ is indicted or not.

so rather than have a grand jury decide if their was enough evidence to go to trial... Corey got to decide this.

the next step.. will be a trial... which will most likely happen in front of a regular jury. (not to be confused w/ a grand jury)


-------------
He follows what I'm saying.. I aint gotta twitter shyt.


Posted By: iGotSunshine
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by nycdiva357 nycdiva357 wrote:

addicted... they meant grand jury..

to decide whether or not GZ is indicted or not.

so rather than have a grand jury decide if their was enough evidence to go to trial... Corey got to decide this.

the next step.. will be a trial... which will most likely happen in front of a regular jury. (not to be confused w/ a grand jury)
 
^^^
what do you think the charges will be?
I hope they dont just charge him with stalking or something stupid


-------------
“Don't be in a hurry to condemn because he doesn't do what you do or think as you think or as fast. There was a time when you didn't know what you know today.”
― Malcolm X


Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:54pm

LOOKING FORWARD TO THE PERP WALK!!!



Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:55pm
I need to know how the law works, smh.
The only ones I know I either broke, or those around me did.


-------------
God forgive me for my brash delivery
But I remember vividly what these streets did to me


Posted By: ImThatDiva
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:58pm
I'm literally in tears!!! I'm satiated for now. I'll be elated if and when he gets sentenced for murder.

-------------
Mrs.ImThatModdlessDiva
TWERKIN' MY WAY DOWNTOWN
CARS DRIVE PAST
DRIVERS CRASH AND I'M LOWDOWN
-Midna


Posted By: SeducTress
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:58pm
FUKK YEAH! About gotdamn time. I'm not even happy. I'm a bit indignant because this step should have been taken eons ago. I'm not thanking NOBODY or shouting for joy until that muthapucka is in prison getting his butt dug out by something lethal.Angry


Posted By: nycdiva357
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 1:59pm
im hoping 2nd degree.. manslaughter...

come one florida.. i just really need this state to pull it together this time around.


we let them pass w/ the election.
we let them pass w/ casey

they really need to do right in this case.


-------------
He follows what I'm saying.. I aint gotta twitter shyt.


Posted By: aNgElIc*SoUl
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 2:00pm


-------------
I was here...
I lived, I loved
I was here...
I did, I've done, everything that I wanted
And it was more than I thought it would be
I will leave my mark so everyone will know
I was here...




Posted By: SeducTress
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Spokenword Spokenword wrote:

Hopefully, he will be charged with something that doesn't come with a weak sentence.  but this is good that he will be charged with something. i, too, want to see that punk in handcuffs. followed by speedy trial and lengthy sentence.


Hey girlieLOLHeart

I just replied to your email. Hopefully we can all galvanize efforts within 24 hours. 


Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 2:02pm
cnn is saying 2nd degree will be harder to prove beyond a reasonable doubt
that it's more likely to be manslaughter and prove that he acted negligently 


-------------


Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 2:03pm
What's the maximum for a manslaughter charge?


Posted By: iGotSunshine
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 2:05pm
Second Degree Manslaughter:
 
Up to 15 years in prison and a $10,000 fine plus court costs

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_prison_sentence_for_second_degree_manslaughter_in_the_state_of_Florida#ixzz1rlCKOg9a" rel="nofollow - http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_prison_sentence_for_second_degree_manslaughter_in_the_state_of_Florida#ixzz1rlCKOg9a


-------------
“Don't be in a hurry to condemn because he doesn't do what you do or think as you think or as fast. There was a time when you didn't know what you know today.”
― Malcolm X


Posted By: CamiK
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 2:05pm
Manslaughter ain't sh*t... they need to hang that mofo... I got the rope right hereStern Smile...

-------------
Last thing I wanna do is hurt you, but its still on my list..


Posted By: nycdiva357
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

cnn is saying 2nd degree will be harder to prove beyond a reasonable doubt
that it's more likely to be manslaughter and prove that he acted negligently 


it is harder to prove---
but from all the evidence  thats already been released.
if ppl w/ a good amount of sense were chosen to be in the jury--- i would feel more comfortable..

but asking for that--- is a lot.




-------------
He follows what I'm saying.. I aint gotta twitter shyt.


Posted By: Miss SDY
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by SeducTress SeducTress wrote:

FUKK YEAH! About gotdamn time. I'm not even happy. I'm a bit indignant because this step should have been taken eons ago. I'm not thanking NOBODY or shouting for joy until that muthapucka is in prison getting his butt dug out by something lethal.Angry


-------------
http://daisypath.com" rel="nofollow">

NL----[SL]----APL----BSB----BSL

Closing in on APL!!!



Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 2:08pm
i'm hoping there are some people with good sense out there
the trial better not be held in florida
and i definitely don't want them to make a deal. i think she can make a solid case against him




-------------


Posted By: SeducTress
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 2:10pm
Wow

The media is pissing me off. They continue to comment on the tension, fear, and reaction from the black community. Just STFU and arrest the muthaphucka already. Good grief. We have demonstrated patience, tact, and nothing short of peacefulness. They are hell bent on making something out of nothing. 


Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 2:11pm
Zimmerman will undoubtedly get the manslaughter charge. Although I feel he murdered Trayvon, I do not believe it was a premeditated murder and was just a situation he handled HORRIBLY that ended up with him killing Trayvon. This is manslaughter.

Quote In Florida, manslaughter, defined as: The killing of a human being by the act, procurement, or culpable negligence of another, without lawful justification according to the provisions of chapter 776 and in cases in which such killing shall not be excusable homicide or murder . . . is a second degree felony punishable by up to 15 years in state prison regardless of whether the act may have been intentional or not. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manslaughter#cite_note-1" rel="nofollow - [2] If manslaughter is committed upon a child via culpable negligence under FL statute 827.03(3), then the crime is aggravated manslaughter of a child which is a first degree felony punishable by up to 30 years in state prison. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manslaughter#cite_note-2" rel="nofollow - [3]


The man deserves more than 30, IMO.
I'm on the fence on whether it can be considered voluntary or involuntary, however. The line between them is honestly thin.

Quote http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperfect_self-defense" rel="nofollow - Imperfect self-defense : Allowed only in a limited number of jurisdictions in the United States, self-defense is a complete defense to murder.[ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Please_clarify" rel="nofollow - hit point Zimmerman was trying to fabricate! Zimmerman had everything needed to overpower this boy. I do believe Trayvon defended himself, but not enough to effectively save himself. Trayvon had every reason to be wary of Zimmerman. Zimmerman being the aggressor and continuing to harass Trayvon tries to use this self-defense plea because Trayvon reacted to such harassment. This isn't enough to call self-defense, especially since Zimmerman initiated this situation.

Zimmerman, although did not have the initial intent to murder Trayvon, he certainly did not have any positive motive when he called the police on this boy and stalked and harassed him against police orders. Zimmerman thinks he was protecting his neighborhood from this kid which is honorable, but his reasoning for thinking Trayvon was suspicious was UNREASONABLE. His decision to stalk and harass Trayvon against police orders was UNREASONABLE. Him letting the situation escalate to the point of physical violence was UNREASONABLE. Him deciding to fire a gun to "defend himself" into the flesh of a teen male who is undoubtedly physically weaker than him and armed with the merciless weapons that are a bag of Skittles and a can of Arizona Tea just because he seemed suspicious is UNREASONABLE.


-------------


Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 2:16pm
I noticed this too...

taking subliminal shots at us by continuing this ideology of African Americans being a violent vengeful savage group smh

Originally posted by SeducTress SeducTress wrote:

Wow

The media is pissing me off. They continue to comment on the tension, fear, and reaction from the black community. Just STFU and arrest the muthaphucka already. Good grief. We have demonstrated patience, tact, and nothing short of peacefulness. They are hell bent on making something out of nothing. 


-------------
Change only arrives at the sense of urgency weather through external or internal forces, being in a state of comfort seldom brings change.


Posted By: CamiK
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

Zimmerman will undoubtedly get the manslaughter charge. Although I feel he murdered Trayvon, I do not believe it was a premeditated murder and was just a situation he handled HORRIBLY that ended up with him killing Trayvon. This is manslaughter.

Quote In Florida, manslaughter, defined as: The killing of a human being by the act, procurement, or culpable negligence of another, without lawful justification according to the provisions of chapter 776 and in cases in which such killing shall not be excusable homicide or murder . . . is a second degree felony punishable by up to 15 years in state prison regardless of whether the act may have been intentional or not. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manslaughter#cite_note-1" rel="nofollow - [2] If manslaughter is committed upon a child via culpable negligence under FL statute 827.03(3), then the crime is aggravated manslaughter of a child which is a first degree felony punishable by up to 30 years in state prison. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manslaughter#cite_note-2" rel="nofollow - [3]


The man deserves more than 30, IMO.
I'm on the fence on whether it can be considered voluntary or involuntary, however. The line between them is honestly thin.

Quote http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperfect_self-defense" rel="nofollow - Imperfect self-defense : Allowed only in a limited number of jurisdictions in the United States, self-defense is a complete defense to murder.[ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Please_clarify" rel="nofollow - hit point Zimmerman was trying to fabricate! Zimmerman had everything needed to overpower this boy. I do believe Trayvon defended himself, but not enough to effectively save himself. Trayvon had every reason to be wary of Zimmerman. Zimmerman being the aggressor and continuing to harass Trayvon tries to use this self-defense plea because Trayvon reacted to such harassment. This isn't enough to call self-defense, especially since Zimmerman initiated this situation.

Zimmerman, although did not have the initial intent to murder Trayvon, he certainly did not have any positive motive when he called the police on this boy and stalked and harassed him against police orders. Zimmerman thinks he was protecting his neighborhood from this kid which is honorable, but his reasoning for thinking Trayvon was suspicious was UNREASONABLE. His decision to stalk and harass Trayvon against police orders was UNREASONABLE. Him letting the situation escalate to the point of physical violence was UNREASONABLE. Him deciding to fire a gun to "defend himself" into the flesh of a teen male who is undoubtedly physically weaker than him and armed with the merciless weapons that are a bag of Skittles and a can of Arizona Tea just because he seemed suspicious is UNREASONABLE.

This is great, so he could get 30 years?... imo he needs more than that...


-------------
Last thing I wanna do is hurt you, but its still on my list..


Posted By: nycdiva357
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 2:17pm
we are watching cnn here.
is anyone else?

they are currently talking about poor zimmerman... and him having ptsd...asd... etc.

i'm getting annoyed...

at this point... i dont care if he has ptsd, asd, hiv, std.

i want him in jail... forever... being some brolic black mans bish.


-------------
He follows what I'm saying.. I aint gotta twitter shyt.


Posted By: whosbotheringme
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 2:18pm
I'm watching MSNBC.  They are talking about how strange this mofo is acting.

And Sean Hannity is an @$$, just as an aside of course.



-------------
http://img138.imageshack.us/i/trayvonmartin.jpg/" rel="nofollow">


Posted By: whosbotheringme
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 2:20pm
Yes, NYC, I need Leroy, Bubba, Skillet anem to pass his @$$ around like a 40.

-------------
http://img138.imageshack.us/i/trayvonmartin.jpg/" rel="nofollow">


Posted By: Eden.
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 2:20pm
waits

-------------


Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 2:20pm
I know HLN is gonna call this the case of the century.

It's really gonna be a circus.

-------------
Never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant


Posted By: CamiK
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by nycdiva357 nycdiva357 wrote:

we are watching cnn here.
is anyone else?

they are currently talking about poor zimmerman... and him having ptsd...asd... etc.

i'm getting annoyed...

at this point... i dont care if he has ptsd, asd, hiv, std.

i want him in jail... forever... being some brolic black mans bish.

He gonna have more than that when he gettin it in the a&* in prison... with the big boys...


-------------
Last thing I wanna do is hurt you, but its still on my list..


Posted By: SeducTress
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

I noticed this too...

taking subliminal shots at us by continuing this ideology of African Americans being a violent vengeful savage group smh

Originally posted by SeducTress SeducTress wrote:

Wow

The media is pissing me off. They continue to comment on the tension, fear, and reaction from the black community. Just STFU and arrest the muthaphucka already. Good grief. We have demonstrated patience, tact, and nothing short of peacefulness. They are hell bent on making something out of nothing. 

Girl! Right?

It's ridic. The worse I have heard is the police car being shot sans police officer inside. 

Meanwhile in Tulsa you actually have racially motivated violence at the hands of whites Stern Smile

Someone needs to calm down this rhetoric. It's bullsh*t. Plain and simple.


Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 2:21pm
ugh, ill be at work when the press conference airs.. 



Posted By: _ConcreteRose_
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 2:21pm
good news... I can't wait to see what they charge him with.

-------------
https://40.media.tumblr.com/5ba9e0be75128d9fefb41178032b37f9/tumblr_nm5ltoJrGx1skqlxjo1_540.jpg


Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 2:23pm
i really feel like someone behind bars will rape him with a broom and end up killing him.. after making his life extra extra miserable by being their bitch/servant/slave for a few years. 

so even if he gets manslaughter (although ill be hella annoyed) he'll get what he deserves in jail. 


Posted By: Creation
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by SeducTress SeducTress wrote:

Wow

The media is pissing me off. They continue to comment on the tension, fear, and reaction from the black community. Just STFU and arrest the muthaphucka already. Good grief. We have demonstrated patience, tact, and nothing short of peacefulness. They are hell bent on making something out of nothing. 

EXACTLY!!  


Posted By: whosbotheringme
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 2:25pm
Yes.  I think in jail he will be put down quicker than Jeffrey Dahmer was.  Even in PC they got brothas that will do his @$$.

-------------
http://img138.imageshack.us/i/trayvonmartin.jpg/" rel="nofollow">


Posted By: whosbotheringme
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 2:26pm
I can't stand Martin Bashir tho so maybe I should turn to another station.  He's making me ill right now.

-------------
http://img138.imageshack.us/i/trayvonmartin.jpg/" rel="nofollow">


Posted By: SeducTress
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 2:28pm
Bump


Posted By: teendiva
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 2:30pm
Ok what's with the suspense?  This case feels like it was written in a TV script 

-------------
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else, is the greatest accomplishment.
-My dude Emerson


Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 2:31pm


-------------
God will never let you down.
Avi.. Bobby Brown and brother Tommy after singing at MY DAD Funeral. RIP..


Posted By: SeducTress
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 2:35pm
On another note. Imma need Zimmerman to get representation ASAP so there is no waaaaaaaaaay this case can get screwed up. I don't care if it's his Uncle Bubba....someone need to ensure this prick is lawyered up.


Posted By: lumii18
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 2:35pm
Wow and it only took 2months *sarcasm* while I'm happy...I don't want to get my hopes up until I hear the charges

-------------


Posted By: crzyabthair
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by nycdiva357 nycdiva357 wrote:

we are watching cnn here.
is anyone else?

they are currently talking about poor zimmerman... and him having ptsd...asd... etc.

i'm getting annoyed...

at this point... i dont care if he has ptsd, asd, hiv, std.

i want him in jail... forever... being some brolic black mans bish.
 
lol


Posted By: iGotSunshine
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by teendiva teendiva wrote:

Ok what's with the suspense?  This case feels like it was written in a TV script 
it does!
is this our generation's OJ?


-------------
“Don't be in a hurry to condemn because he doesn't do what you do or think as you think or as fast. There was a time when you didn't know what you know today.”
― Malcolm X


Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by lumii18 lumii18 wrote:

Wow and it only took 2months *sarcasm* while I'm happy...I don't want to get my hopes up until I hear the charges
this

-------------
I just can't stand the negro british midget. He brings out the worst in me.....

...
I sometimes think AfroK is gay and either doesn't know it or won't admit to it..


Posted By: crzyabthair
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 2:48pm
they are playing the 911 tapes on CNN.....played the ones of him screaming and the gunshotCry


Posted By: FarraFace
Date Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by SeducTress SeducTress wrote:

On another note. Imma need Zimmerman to get representation ASAP so there is no waaaaaaaaaay this case can get screwed up. I don't care if it's his Uncle Bubba....someone need to ensure this prick is lawyered up.

His father was a judge. He'll have a lawyer one way or another.


-------------



Print Page | Close Window