Print Page | Close Window

MN Challenge 2012

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Hair Care
Forum Name: Hair Growth
Forum Description: Hair Growth issues, solutions, and discussions.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=332358
Printed Date: Sep 21 2017 at 10:28pm

Topic: MN Challenge 2012
Posted By: AS82
Subject: MN Challenge 2012
Date Posted: Jan 31 2012 at 5:43pm
Anyone up for an MN Challenge? After performing a search I only saw posts that were years old. I'm starting mine tonight, below is the video of me mixing my mix and a quick length check.

Here are some helpful links
http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/topic83200.html" rel="nofollow - http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/topic83200.html
http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/topic70540.html" rel="nofollow - http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/topic70540.html

Rules of the challenge
-Post a starting pic/video
-Include your Regimen
-How you mix your MN
-How long you will participate
-Post at least once every 2 weeks to let us know how you're doing
-Post ending pic

Challengers

1. AS82
  2. Lindsaywhat? 
  3. Talia 

Editted to add new challengers.

Replies:
Posted By: AmberColour
Date Posted: Jan 31 2012 at 6:11pm
Iono how many people will join. It's been seeming like the Growth section hasn't been that activeErmm

Glad you posted a starting video, and length and stuff. ^^;

It's been too many challenges where people don't have results and before and after progress.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 31 2012 at 6:23pm
Exactly, it seems like people who got a lot of growth, don't ever post pics. I say post pics whether you got growth or not so we'll know what worked or even if it didn't.

Posted By: Lindsaywhat?
Date Posted: Jan 31 2012 at 7:03pm
i wanna join! Ive already been using MN/Sulfur mix for about a week and a half and ive seen some extremely great growth. Ive been in cornrows and i have so much new growth its not even funny. im definatly in!
-Post a starting pic/video Will do when i take my cornrows out

-Include your Regimen Cowash every other day, baggy/GHE nightly, apply MN/Sulfur/oils and eo's mix to scalp every night, moisturize hair as needed with oil/water/eo mix, cleanse hair weekly with either giovanni shampoo or ACV rinse. DC weekly with either Giovanna DC or honey, oil under cap for 2 hours, 64 oz of water a day, monthly bentonite treatment, PS in cornrows for 3-4 weeks at a time.  Current vitamins: prenatal, GNC hair skin and nails, garlic, biotin, vitamin c, no heat, thats pretty much it lol

-How you mix your MN I mix it, along with powder MSM (which is sulfur) in about 6-8 oz of oil (castor, coconut, olive, glycerin, peppermint and rosemary. Shake well before each use. After I run out of this mix i want to just mix it with MN, sulfur, jbco, rosemary and peppermint.

-How long you will participate Til june which i HOPE to be APL. Im currently shoulder/CB lenght 

-Post at least once every 2 weeks to leet us know how you're doing Yes ma'am!
-Post ending pic Will do in june

Date Posted: Jan 31 2012 at 7:05pm
everything you saying is true. Its been real quiet around here lately. maybe its because its the beginning of the semester?

Date Posted: Jan 31 2012 at 7:32pm
I forgot to post my info
Rules of the challenge
-Post a starting pic/video in orginal post
-Include your Regimen PS'ing, wash once per week, Condition with Megatek once a week, Protein treatments as needed
-How you mix your MN  50% MN and 50% Kids Organcis Gro Strong, applied nightly
-How long you will participate 2-3 months
-Post at least once every 2 weeks to let us know how you're doing, of course
-Post ending pic will do at the end of March and will straighten at the end of April (B-day)

Posted By: talia
Date Posted: Jan 31 2012 at 9:13pm
You are a trooper for starting this --- yes it's been dead around here so dead cob webbs are growing.  LOL.

I'm in, this past weekend I bought the Equate walmart brand 7 day, 2% MN so I put the entire tube in my sulfur mix.  

Reggie - apply every night or every other night, baggie overnight and cowash.

Pics - last pic taken in December - I'm currently in a weave.
IMG 1073-vi[2]

-------------
PSing all the way to WSL with weaves.
12/11 - grazing MBL need about 5 inches to WSL
http://public.fotki.com/taliamqz2/

Date Posted: Feb 01 2012 at 11:06am
Thanks Talia, I figured I wouldn't get a lot of participation moreso cause some people will not admit to using 'coochie cream' on their head lol. Between this and the Megatek I'm going to be taking a break once this is done and just focus on maintaining.

Posted By: MuayThaiLadii
Date Posted: Feb 01 2012 at 11:20am
I would love to join but I have a product that has MN and Sulfur in it (Bliss du Jour) ...I did this challenge before and posted some pics on my Fotki it did ok for me I guess www.fotki.com/muaythailadii

Im mainly using this product for the short part of my hair needs to grow like the rest of my hair...

Date Posted: Feb 01 2012 at 11:35am
I am not going to "officially" join this challenge but I am using MN 2% diluted in lots of oil (Castor oil then EVOO being the most).

I have been applying it since 1/23 except the one night I skipped because it got so late. :\

@AS, it's not like "coochie" is in the ingredient.LOL
but w/e.

So, since I'm not officially joining I will post end pictures on 2/23. Big smile

Oh yeah, and I'm with muaythai, I'm only applying to the shorter piece in the front.

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 01 2012 at 12:13pm
That's cool ladies this isn't a super strict challenge. Either way I would still love to see any progress pics you would like to share.

Posted By: csungrl09
Date Posted: Feb 01 2012 at 1:51pm
Just started using an mn/mtg mix. I'll post pics when I get out of these kinky twists. My mixture is 1oz of: olive oil, alma oil, castor oil, and mn. .5oz of eucalyptus oil and 2.5 oz of mtg.

We will see how this goes.

-------------
Even with a low LSAT, i'm a hot commodity.

Date Posted: Feb 01 2012 at 11:38pm
Y'all. It seems like I have gotten some growth already. I could be wrong though.
I guess I will see in the next few weeks. *crossing fingers*

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 02 2012 at 6:47am
@Amber take a couple of pics to track your growth, even if you don't post them on here it will help you track your progress. 
On another note, why did I see this story yesterday on sandrarose. http://sandrarose.com/2012/02/medical-minute-monistat-7-does-not-grow-hair/" rel="nofollow - http://sandrarose.com/2012/02/medical-minute-monistat-7-does-not-grow-hair/
I'm still going to finish my challenge just for myself :-) I'll either prove it right or wrong, but I'm gonna have some proof :-) 

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Feb 02 2012 at 7:41am
Originally posted by AmberColour AmberColour wrote:

Iono how many people will join. It's been seeming like the Growth section hasn't been that activeErmm

It's been too many challenges where people don't have results and before and after progress.

yeah ive noticed that and was thinking the same after someone was making miraculous hair growth claims but not pic to show for it.Ermm

Date Posted: Feb 02 2012 at 9:33am
Yep. @AS, with my findings mn has worked for some but not all. Guess it depends. I can not view your link atm but will do so when i get home. I'll take pictures when I get home and then take some new pics in another week and a half for comparison. Any pics I take will be posted at the month mark of my usage. :)

-------------

Posted By: HunnyB
Date Posted: Feb 02 2012 at 6:14pm

-Post a starting pic/video - Nape CBL; Sides APL
-Include your Regimen - PS weave, Moisture daily, mix 4+ /wk
-How you mix your MN  - with megatek, moisturizer, oils
-How long you will participate - 2 months

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 02 2012 at 8:07pm
I checked out the link AS posted. 
And I don't really care. I have seen some people get growth with this (it's still too early to determine if it works for me), so I'm going to continue to use it and see if it works for my hair growth.

But anyways, chavascandie or something she definitely got me curious.
And I have seen some other videos of people getting 2+ in. growth in 3 months.
Which is still more than average.

And to me it just sounded like they were comparing the two when not all growth aids have the same "active" ingredient.

But then again I only skimmed through it and read stuff towards the bottom.

And I think somewhere I saw a man who was experiencing balding, particularly on the front portion (edges), who started using MN on that spot, and he noticed new tiny hairs in the aforementioned area within days.

I was just like O_O 

-------------

Posted By: osopretty
Date Posted: Feb 02 2012 at 8:40pm
I'm in I will come back and post by the end of this weekend

Date Posted: Feb 02 2012 at 9:48pm
What do you think about mixing this with cantu shea butter?

Date Posted: Feb 02 2012 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

Originally posted by AmberColour AmberColour wrote:

yeah ive noticed that and was thinking the same after someone was making miraculous hair growth claims but not pic to show for it.Ermm

True dat!  I'm thinking of folks that poo-poo everything anyone else does....they are just negative nellys....me no likeyConfused

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 03 2012 at 3:24pm
I tried to take pics today..
Let me just say that was one of the hardest hair pics I ever took.
And most of them turned out crap anyways. Dead
I may just have to get my sis to do it next time.

I got y'all covered.
LOL.
Whether it worked for me or not. Y'all know I'm gonna show my results at the end of 1 month.

But Idk how I'm gonna know whether it worked for me or not (Though I did take a "length" picture).. Oh natural hair girls.
It's easier to tell on relaxed hair.LOL

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 03 2012 at 3:40pm
I don't like the negative folks either, matter of fact I think I'm allergic to em lol. Definitley easier to see the growth on relaxed hair, with us naturals we have to either straighten it or pull it straight. I'll update the list as well in just a few. I haven't missed a day yet although I was really tired yesterday I still applied my mix before I went to bed.

Date Posted: Feb 03 2012 at 3:43pm
Challengers
  1. AS82
  2. Lindsaywhat? 
  3. Talia 
  4. AmberColour 
  5. MuayThaiLadii 
  6. csungrl09 
  7. HunnyB 
  8. osopretty 

Posted By: Veemack
Date Posted: Feb 03 2012 at 8:22pm
Hello AS82 I see you started  a challenge. Awesome!
Well I wish you blessings on your journey. I have heard different things about the MN pertaining to hair growth. I believe products such as MN or any other product that kills fungus can help your hair to thrive, if your hair is growing slow or not at all because of the presence of a fungus. We can pick up fungus from a number of things, some fungus die on their own others just grow on your scalp and retard your growth. I will come back to see your progress. As always blessings to you and everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-------------
I am a happy positive God fearing sister, this is why I can show my face. Freely I speak irl, so I do not need to get on the net to vent. I love positivity. Don't be mad nor confused about that.

Date Posted: Feb 04 2012 at 7:42am
Thanks Veemack, I'm also still GHE'ing periodically too :-)

Posted By: Tanzi2001
Date Posted: Feb 04 2012 at 9:55am
I want to join!

I currently use 2 MN mixes

The first is Flwonline's MM4 mix, but I added some sulfur and a few more oils. Mine is a little more oily than hers.

The second is to mix it in Motions Weightless Clear Hairdressing. It's oil free and Walmart has a perfect 1.5oz trial size jar for $0.97. I use this mix more like a hair grease.

I am natural and I am wearing weaves as my PS

My Fotki has my last length check from November before the install that I have now:
http://public.fotki.com/tanzi2001/my-wl-hair-journey/photo.html#media

Date Posted: Feb 04 2012 at 3:32pm
I finally used my mn/mtg mix last night...the smell kept the bf away but he know how important my hair is to me. He even said that if it worked, he'd try it lol (he's bald)

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 04 2012 at 4:29pm
Welcome Tanzi2001, if you can please post a pic even if it's between installs, thanks :-)
csungrl I've heard of people complaining about the smell of MTG, I guess since my mix doesn't have MTG or sulfur I don't have to worry about that. But again I hear the result of sulphur products are phenomenal :-)

Date Posted: Feb 04 2012 at 4:54pm
I'm almost at the halfway mark (15 days), and for the most part, I have been applying consistently.
Except the one day.

Is anyone using sulfur in their mix, because I want too.
But I am wondering how bad the funk is.LOL

And if you are using sulfur in your mix, are you using oil and how much sulfur are you using?

Off to check out the other posts to see. ^.^

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 09 2012 at 9:29am
I'm just bumping this to say
Yay. It's been about 17 days that I've been applying this growth aid, and I think I definitely got growth.
I'm not sure how much as my hair is coiling where it's been growing in.
Usually my hair is almost stick-straight in the front with little to no wave.

Darn and I noticed I put a typo in my last post, too late to edit now.

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 09 2012 at 9:48am
Glad to hear you're having such great growth :-) Can't wait to hear more good reports.

Posted By: Heavy Rotation
Date Posted: Feb 09 2012 at 9:52am
can i be an official lurker in this challenge?  i don't use mn, but i want to post when i can!

-------------
Natural Hair Girls do it curled up.

Posted By: Aggie
Date Posted: Feb 09 2012 at 11:45am
I'm in. I have a twa again and looking to grow my hair out to full and thick APL by December 2013.....again! I am in no rush this time around. I just want my hair healthy and my ends without SSKs and splits and with that I will be super happy.

I use primarily sulfate-free shampoos from Moroccanoil, Keracare and Aubrey Organics and use the conditioners too. I am mildly texlaxed so I also use Mizani Thermasmooth and Moisturfusion conditioners to further soften my hair.

I am particularly fond of AO HSR, GPB, and White Camellia, Moroccanoil Hydrating Moisturizing conditioners and also Keracare Creme Humecto.

I deep condition my hair one to two times a week depending on the time I have to do it. I texlax and henna my hair once every 3-4 months and protective style using wigs only for now.  

I alternate between Dudley's drc 28, Duo Tek and Keracare Super Reconstructor hardcore protein treatments for strengthening my hair but I also use some milder protein treatments in between when my hair needs them.

I baggy my whole head one to two times a week, massage my scalp with some MN/sulfur/jbco mix about 2-3 times a week,  moisturize with Keracare Oil Moisturizer with Jojoba oil or BB Oil Moisturizer with Castor Oil and seal with Jamaican Black Castor Oil.

I do hot oil rinses/treatments when necessary and use an awesome prepoo (AVG, EVOO, and EVCO) that softens my new growth really well. These are especially helpful on shampoo and henna days.

Shampooing my hair is not necessary everytime I wash but I do so at least once a week to get the product buildup off my hair and scalp to prevent itchiness and to keep my scalp pores clean. A clean scalp to me means healthy hair growth.

Here's my starting pic:

http://www.public.fotki.com/ladyaggie/" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: Feb 09 2012 at 12:57pm
Of course you can lurk @HR.
Welcome @Aggie, sounds like you have a good plan. The only thing that I noticed is about the SSK, I'm pretty sure everyone gets them, I do a Search and destroy and I cut mine out when they come. I've also heard that using a good oil on your ends will help. What are you doing to prevent/lessen them?

Date Posted: Feb 09 2012 at 12:58pm
Challengers
  1. AS82
  2. Lindsaywhat? 
  3. Talia 
  4. AmberColour 
  5. MuayThaiLadii 
  6. csungrl09 
  7. HunnyB 
  8. osopretty 
  9.  Aggie

Posted By: bxbomber4life
Date Posted: Feb 09 2012 at 1:20pm
i am lurking here too......i love mn and sulfur combo!

Date Posted: Feb 09 2012 at 1:24pm
Hi ladies I'm just checking in! I've been using my mn sulfur mix and lemme tell u, I got so much growth! I had to get my cornrows redone (3 week old cornrows) because of all the new growth, however, I've been wearing african wraps and turbans over them anyway so it was no biggie. My hair was noticably longer and thicker, and I didn't even do a lenght check. I'm gonna MN my way to APL :-) actually, I'm only gonna use it a month at a time, too much of a good this is no bueno.Tongue

Date Posted: Feb 09 2012 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by AS82 AS82 wrote:

Of course you can lurk @HR.
Welcome @Aggie, sounds like you have a good plan. The only thing that I noticed is about the SSK, I'm pretty sure everyone gets them, I do a Search and destroy and I cut mine out when they come. I've also heard that using a good oil on your ends will help. What are you doing to prevent/lessen them?
I'm using quite a bit of jbco now and you are right, oiling really does help a whole lot. I haven't had one issue since using the jbco on my ends to seal in my moisturizer.

By the way, thanks for the wonderful welcome.

Date Posted: Feb 10 2012 at 6:39am
All Lurkers are welcome @bxbomber :-) Glad to hear you are getting some noticeable growth @Lindsay. After I see what if any additional greowth I got when I do my lengthcheck I may take a break from the MN as well. But I really need to see if it is even affecting my growth at all after consistent usage. When I first started last year I wasn't being consistent and I didn't feel like i got any more than my usual  1/2 inch per month. But this time I have measured and I've only missed one whole day so far so we shall see. @Aggie I've heard wonderful things about JBCO, I may have to give that a shot one day. When I did my chunky twists this time I sealed my ends with regular castor oil and put some around my edges.

Posted By: Queensheba
Date Posted: Feb 10 2012 at 8:39am
yes! iI will most def. join ive done my own little personal  60 day challenge just to see if it would work for me and the results are crasy iI will continue using it with my megatek for the rest of 2012 apl here iI come!! :)

Date Posted: Feb 10 2012 at 8:49am
Welcome to the group @Queensheba, please post your info especially Pics you know how BHM love hair pics.
Challengers
  1. AS82
  2. Lindsaywhat? 
  3. Talia 
  4. AmberColour 
  5. MuayThaiLadii 
  6. csungrl09 
  7. HunnyB 
  8. osopretty 
  9. Aggie
  10. Queensheba 

Date Posted: Feb 10 2012 at 11:43am

Yep, you should at least give the jbco a try @AS82. It is worth it. I just added a few drops each of lavender, rosemary, sage, and cedarwood essential oils to it to mask the smell. Love itTongue!

Date Posted: Feb 10 2012 at 11:57am
I'll definitely give it a shot, but for now I had to put my self on a hair product Hiatus lol I was about to get out of hand, I'll try it next month when I stock my hair products :-)

Date Posted: Feb 10 2012 at 12:01pm
@AS, Omg, me too.
And also I've had too many fails.
I just need to stay consistent with using what I have that works. xD

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 10 2012 at 12:24pm
It's soooo easy to slip into Product Junkie'ism lol.

Date Posted: Feb 10 2012 at 12:51pm
Lol..
You ain't lyin'.Embarrassed

LOL

-------------

Posted By: honniecake
Date Posted: Feb 12 2012 at 1:27pm
<-- will be watching this thread.

-------------

R.I.P. my buddy, Chavis Carter

Overcome evil with good. Jesus did.

Date Posted: Feb 12 2012 at 2:27pm
Feel free to watch Honnie, love your Avatar (is that all yours, even if it's not it's FIERCE). I'm considering getting a sew-in ladies, considering like I've already purchased some hair and everything :-) I know this is a challenge thread, but if anyone has any tips on how to prep my hair before I get it, feel free to message me :-)

Posted By: MuayThaiLadii
Date Posted: Feb 12 2012 at 9:48pm
OK finally got some pictures ready to show:

This is my hair now I straighten my hair to see where I was at...

Ponytail

I still have to trim my ends and the top part of my hair is suffering so I must baby that. I totally forgot I was in this one! ...I try to use my mega mixture often. I put my hair in a ponytail and baggy the ends

Date Posted: Feb 15 2012 at 9:05am
Great pics. I also prefer to straighten for my length checks, it's just so much easier to compare photos that way. But I am starting to realize that since my 6 months no heat challenge I actually don't desire to straighten my hair that much any more it's weird.
Oh yeah I've been meaning tell you all it is a lot harder for me to apply my MN since I don't have my braids in. So I'm thinking of putting braids in again for a month, if I do I'll do my Aphogee 2 step the day before to keep my hair strong. Or maybe I'll do long twists, we'll see.

Date Posted: Feb 22 2012 at 6:13am
Hello Ladies I just wanted to post an update, I'm still using my MN I have missed a day here or there but never more than a day at a time. I keep pulling my hair to see where I'm at. I think I'm going to put braids in next month just to keep my hands out of my hair. How is everyone else doing with your applications?

Posted By: cutescorpio
Date Posted: Feb 22 2012 at 1:26pm
Hello ladies,

I've been slacking on my growth reggie, so I would like to join. My biggest problem areas are my edges, nap, and right in the top.

-Include your Regimen: Apply everyday on my thinning areas, maybe once a week on my full head
-How you mix your MN: Add it with my vitamin e, MT, sulfur, and JBCO mix
-How long you will participate: However long it takesLOL 

-------------
FWM, you know I got it. Not on here much- email: daysnakia01@hotmail.com

Date Posted: Feb 22 2012 at 1:35pm
Welcome, @cutescorpio do you have any pictures you'd like to share with us? Also how long have you been using your mix?

Challengers
  1. AS82
  2. Lindsaywhat? 
  3. Talia 
  4. AmberColour 
  5. MuayThaiLadii 
  6. csungrl09 
  7. HunnyB 
  8. osopretty 
  9. Aggie
  10. Queensheba 
  11. CuteScorpio

Date Posted: Feb 22 2012 at 4:06pm
I've been very consistent with my growth aid, but there were a few days I missed, due to being sick or being on a very busy schedule or DCing nightly.
And everyday that I applied my mix I baggied which really helped too. :)

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 22 2012 at 8:35pm
Great job Amber.

Date Posted: Feb 22 2012 at 9:26pm

I've been using my mix only for a month so far.

Date Posted: Feb 22 2012 at 9:33pm
Good job Aggie, seeing any additional growth yet?

Date Posted: Feb 22 2012 at 9:53pm
@AS82 I think I joined awhile ago but I didn't see my name on the list.

Posted By: Yakuria
Date Posted: Feb 22 2012 at 10:43pm
Every time I come in here I think "Minnesota" challenge. I got so excited. I was like "we can do meet ups and everything go Minnesota". Then I watch the video.....Cry You guys and your acronyms!!!!

Posted By: catredtip
Date Posted: Feb 22 2012 at 10:46pm
Where can I buy MN and how much does it cost?

TIA

Date Posted: Feb 23 2012 at 6:32am
I'm sorry I missed adding you, my mistake.
Challengers
  1. AS82
  2. Lindsaywhat?
  3. Talia
  4. AmberColour
  5. MuayThaiLadii
  6. csungrl09
  7. HunnyB
  8. osopretty
  9. Aggie
  10. Queensheba
  11. CuteScorpio
  12. Tanzi2001

Sorry, we're not in Minnesota Yakuri, well atleast I'm not lol.  Catredtip, you can get your MN at Walmart or a drug store. Some people use the Monistat brand (about $7) but others say the off brands work just as good (about $4). I've started with Monistat but my next batch will be an off brand.

Date Posted: Feb 23 2012 at 11:50am

Welcome, @cutescorpio do you have any pictures you'd like to share with us? Also how long have you been using your mix?

I'll have to take some, I just took out my sew-in.

I started back yesterday.

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 23 2012 at 1:26pm
Alright ladies we have to start being consistent with using our Growth Aides :-)

Date Posted: Feb 23 2012 at 4:14pm
Thanks AS82

Date Posted: Feb 23 2012 at 4:16pm
Catredtip, you can get your MN at Walmart or a drug store. Some people use the Monistat brand (about $7) but others say the off brands work just as good (about $4). I've started with Monistat but my next batch will be an off brand.

Date Posted: Feb 23 2012 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by osopretty osopretty wrote:

What do you think about mixing this with cantu shea butter?

I wanna know too.

Date Posted: Feb 23 2012 at 4:51pm
I've never used it with Cantu, but I don't see why not.

Date Posted: Feb 23 2012 at 5:22pm
you can buy it at the dollar store also iI mixed the whole 2% tube w/ megatek hot six oil and a TOUCH of caynne pepper im trying to find a 4% mn for my mix.

Date Posted: Feb 24 2012 at 6:26am
checking in  - still applying it with my sulfur mix....after every wash.  Now I'm washing my hair more often cause I've been sweating up a storm.  I took up kickboxing and twice a week I'm drenched in sweat - cowashing won't do :)

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 24 2012 at 7:54am
@Queen let us know if you experience any difference when using the 4% when you get it.
Glad to hear you are still here @Talia, I've also been working out more like 5+ times a week and the back of my hair is drenched.

Date Posted: Feb 25 2012 at 8:31am

@Queen let us know if you experience any difference when using the 4% when you get it.
Glad to hear you are still here @Talia, I've also been working out more like 5+ times a week and the back of my hair is drenched.

Girl you and me both - on the five times a week....I've been hitting the gym in addition to the kickboxing and now I need to incorporate some race prep for a run in March.  Let's hope that our hair benefits from all the increased cardiovascular activityLOL

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 25 2012 at 7:54pm
I certainly hope so Talia :-)

Date Posted: Mar 01 2012 at 11:24pm

Mn is very expensive here(Canada). It starts at $12 to $18 :(
What is the difference between monistat 1, 3, & 7.

Date Posted: Mar 02 2012 at 6:13am
I'm not sure what the difference is but you should be able to look up the ingredients list online somewhere.

Posted By: Glamouraddict
Date Posted: Mar 03 2012 at 10:19pm
Is it too late to join this challenge? If not I'd like to join. I realize I have slow growth and need a boost. 

-------------
Life is what you make it. Make it good.

http://public.fotki.com/Glamouraddict
/

Twitter.com/Glamouraddict

GlamourusG.blogspot.com

Date Posted: Mar 04 2012 at 5:37pm
Sure you can join, the reason I created this Challenge was mainly because all the othe MN challenges I came across were several years old. I just want everyone to post their experience and results, it may work for some and not others but I definitely wanted to give it a shot. So welcome to the group, please post your info :-)
Challengers
  1. AS82
  2. Lindsaywhat?
  3. Talia
  4. AmberColour
  5. MuayThaiLadii
  6. csungrl09
  7. HunnyB
  8. osopretty
  9. Aggie
  10. Queensheba
  11. CuteScorpio
  12. Tanzi2001
  13. Glamouraddict

Date Posted: Mar 04 2012 at 11:14pm
I just found my jar of MN mix. Thank God! Anyways, I bought more MN to make more. I just oiled my hair with it and it feels great. I'm getting a new install on Tuesday and I wanted to make sure that I got my mix on for a couple days before.

Date Posted: Mar 05 2012 at 1:23am
Any updates? I have been using my mn mix for a lil while now & I haven't noticed much...I'm just super oily lol. Definitely going to have to change up the measurements on my next batch,

-------------

Date Posted: Mar 05 2012 at 1:24am
Any updates? I have been using my mn mix for a lil while now & I haven't noticed much...I'm just super oily lol. Definitely going to have to change up the measurements on my next batch.

-------------

Date Posted: Mar 05 2012 at 2:00pm
Glad you found your MN mix, I'm about 2 weeks from finishing up my first batch. I haven't been as consistent with it as I'd like I missed a few days last week but I'm going to try to do better for the rest of the challenge. I don't think I've gotten any spectacular growth yet but I also haven't measured.

Posted By: healthyhair42012
Date Posted: Mar 05 2012 at 9:36pm
Hello ladies! I have been lurking for about 2 months now trying to get my hair together! My hair has been breaking off really bad for about a year now. it is so embarassing. If you were to part my hair from ear to ear, the back half is only a 1/4 of an inch while the front half is about 6 inches. no I did not have a short haircut, my hair just broke off that bad I was applying a lot of tracks with that awful black glue!

I began using MN mid january and i recently applied a relaxer after stretching for 16 weeks. My back hair grew at about a 3/4 of an Inch more than normal. I am pretty sure it was the MN! I did start a regimen that seems to be working. My hair is very slow to grow and I never retain length. I have had no breakage since my relaxer a week ago(normally my hair is always breaking) I think MN really works for me.
Anyways, I am posting to wish all you ladies the best of luck and I hope you have success with MN!

Date Posted: Mar 06 2012 at 11:37am
Thank you for posting HealthyHair42012.
I have a very important update. As I was putting in my 2 strand twists yesterday I notice my ends were especially frazzeled. I moisturized and sealed today but I think I'm going to blow my hair out and do a trim so this may effect my length when I do my check in.

Date Posted: Mar 07 2012 at 9:58pm
I started using my MN last tuesday. My mix consists of MN, CANTU SHEA BUTTER, and a splash of castor oil. I didn't want to dillute my mix too much to dumb down the effects. I have about 1/4 of an inch of new growth. Super excited about that because it's only been a week!

Date Posted: Mar 08 2012 at 6:15am

That's amazing growth you are getting osopretty, at that rate you will get an entire inch in one month. I still can't tell with my hair yet, but when I do my blow I may measure before I do my (much needed) trim.

Date Posted: Mar 14 2012 at 1:55pm
i found the 4% mn at walmart only after im done with my current 2% bottle i will be using this one

Date Posted: Mar 14 2012 at 2:17pm

Cool let us know how it works, your recipe, ratios, etc.

Update: Here is my mini update. I went ahead and put some color in my hair, permanent color. Although it didn't turn out exactly how I wanted it, I'm happy enough with it righ now. I'm scraping the bottom of my MN mix now so I'll whip up another batch tonight. So it looks like one tube lasted me one and a half months (even though I missed some days). Also I barely dusted my ends so I'll have to take that into consideration when I measure my hair.

Date Posted: Mar 16 2012 at 12:10pm
How's everyone doing?

It will be a month for me next week. My husband says he notices my edges growing, but I can't really tell. Some days it looks like it and some days it doesnt. I really need ot get back to taking pictures.

-------------

Date Posted: Mar 16 2012 at 1:55pm
Definitely take some pics, thats the best way to be able to compare your growth, at least for me it is.

Date Posted: Mar 21 2012 at 7:19pm
im finally out of  my mix which  iI have been using  since dec (megatek,mn,hotsix oil). ill be getting  some jamaicain black castor oil in a few days and ill be just mixing those two togather....megatek is making my thick hair toooo dry.but the growth is still crasy im only 6 weeks post andim thinking if iI can make it to ten weeks  lol but iI will update in a few weeks

Date Posted: Mar 21 2012 at 7:45pm
Just applied my MN mix a couple of minutes ago.

Date Posted: Mar 21 2012 at 8:29pm
Good updates every one, and BTW I'm loving that pic QueenSheeba, your baby is too cute :-)
I finally whipped up my second batch of MN and gro strong, started applying it yesterday. I also put in my protective style.

Posted By: Saniyah5
Date Posted: Mar 22 2012 at 3:03pm
Ok so i started my MN challenge last night!!!!
My mix contains of: about 3tbs of Organic Root Stimulator Hair Fertilizer, 1-2 cap fulls of EVOO, 1 cap full of JBCO and 3 tubes of the MN and half of the small tube from the MN7.

I washed and DC and braided my hair on TUE.....I will be applying my mix @ night about 2hrs before bed and ill be spraying my hair with my moisturizer mix in the mornings (going to try and keep these braids in for 6weeks while wearing wigs) For washing ill spray my hair with ACV and get a real good scalp rinse and ill follow up with a DC mixed with water spray and leave it in for about an hr under a shower cap and then rinse and air dry(WISH ME LUCK)........... Also i want to thank you ladies for the help:)

PS:Im only on day one and my scalp is itching like crazy WTF???

Date Posted: Mar 22 2012 at 3:40pm
Saniyah5 I don't have any problem with intching but I'm using a much simpler mix. be careful mixing stuff on your own.

Date Posted: Mar 22 2012 at 4:30pm
Do you think thats too much?
i only added the evoo and jbco to add a lil more moisture :(

Date Posted: Mar 22 2012 at 6:02pm
I only mixed mine half and half so I can't say. Just be careful as with any mixture. Have you used those products before, growth oil etc?

Date Posted: Mar 22 2012 at 6:18pm
yes, i use them often

Date Posted: Mar 25 2012 at 4:57pm
I haven't been consistent, **hangs head in shame**.  I applied some again today after I washed my weave.  This is the start of week 13 for this weave...and ummm yeah, I need to take it out and soon.

-------------

Date Posted: Mar 25 2012 at 8:36pm
We're getting there. Can't beleive it's almost length check time.

Date Posted: Apr 06 2012 at 5:20pm
2 quick videos one about my inconsistency the second month. Ladies upload your picture/video or written measurements, I'd love to know what results you got :-)

2nd video with my hair finally straightened.

Print Page | Close Window