Print Page | Close Window

Scalp Massage for Hair Growth.

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Hair Care
Forum Name: Hair Growth (Newbies)
Forum Description: Hair Growth issues, solutions, and discussions (for Newbies)
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=325349
Printed Date: Sep 21 2017 at 1:26pm

Topic: Scalp Massage for Hair Growth.
Posted By: Veemack
Subject: Scalp Massage for Hair Growth.
Date Posted: Oct 28 2011 at 11:15am
I am such a fan of things that we can do for our hair, that do not cost a dime. And massage is number one on that list. We have heard that scalp massage can increase your normal hair growth rate. Right? So why is it that we find it so hard to do on a consistent basis? Is it just to easy? Some will quickly buy a hair growth product that claims to increase hair growth, before they take the time to massage their scalp on a daily basis, for hair growth.

I started out this year incorporating scalp massages into my haircare routine. But I did start slacking. So would anyone like to start a Scalp Massage for Hair Growth challenge with me? I figure I can get a jumpstart on the new year.

Scalp Massage challenge: Massage your entire scalp/neck for 10 minutes in the morning, and 10 minutes in the evening. For at least 5 days out of the week.

Measure your hair length before you start, so you can see if it affected your hair growth. Its just that easy! Nothing to buy!

I will post my weekly success record here to keep myself motivated and let yall know how it goes. Anyone is free to join me!

Challengers committed to Scalp massage:
Eboni1
Veemack

Kikiscorpio92
AmberColour
Yekmod

-------------
I am a happy positive God fearing sister, this is why I can show my face. Freely I speak irl, so I do not need to get on the net to vent. I love positivity. Don't be mad nor confused about that.

Replies:
Posted By: eboni1
Date Posted: Oct 28 2011 at 11:20am
ill join

Date Posted: Oct 28 2011 at 11:26am
Originally posted by eboni1 eboni1 wrote:

ill join

Okay, thanks for the support! HHJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-------------
I am a happy positive God fearing sister, this is why I can show my face. Freely I speak irl, so I do not need to get on the net to vent. I love positivity. Don't be mad nor confused about that.

Posted By: KikiScorpio92
Date Posted: Oct 28 2011 at 12:19pm
Aww go on then I'm in I rarely measure my hair so maybe it will motivate me to scalp massage my mom does it all the time.

-------------

Date Posted: Oct 28 2011 at 12:21pm
Thanks Kikiscorpio92!

-------------

Date Posted: Oct 28 2011 at 12:28pm
No problem Veemack I'm not into growth aids I'm more into going with the flow I will defo update all on Sunday as that's when I take down my plaits. Wink

-------------

Posted By: AmberColour
Date Posted: Oct 28 2011 at 12:39pm
Add me too.
Hopefully the warmth of my fingers will spread any nasty buildup that I have..smilies/icon_stare.gif
I'm going to use vit. e oil when I massage.

-------------

Date Posted: Oct 28 2011 at 12:44pm
Gotcha Amber, and thanks for the support......So have you tried ACV rinses or sulphur for your buildup problems. I have come to the conclusion that I cannot go longer than a week before my scalp gets buildup. I don't have dandruff and it does not itch. But I get buildup in certain spots. But when I wash it, I am fine. I was the type that washed my hair every two weeks. So I had to really work this into my schedule to wash weekly. But now its no problem.

-------------

Date Posted: Oct 28 2011 at 1:00pm
Yes, I've used ACV and it works wonder and helps with itchiness (which I have too much of) too.
I need to pick up some more though.
I'm hoping to pick up some this weekend when I buy groceries again.
Thanks for your post as I almost forgot. :)

I'm with you on that. I HAVE TO wash weekly because build-up always affects the front of my hair first with the rest being able to go longer without any.

-------------

Date Posted: Oct 30 2011 at 1:35pm
OKay my starting lengths are:

7inches the back
5 inches the front
6.5 inches in the crown
a little over 5 inches on the left

This is my first time measuring my hair as I don't care for lengths like as I can normally feel the new growth ad see sublte differences very easily. I've been massaging since I signed up, leaving me with very moist, greasy hands. LOL

-------------

Date Posted: Oct 30 2011 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by KikiScorpio92 KikiScorpio92 wrote:

I've been massaging since I signed up, leaving me with very moist, greasy hands. LOL

Haha. You're funny Kiki. :)
I've massaged my scalp too for the past two days.
I guess I'll check my length sometime and post.
I don't care for length checks either.Ouch
LOL

-------------

Date Posted: Oct 30 2011 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by AmberColour AmberColour wrote:

Originally posted by KikiScorpio92 KikiScorpio92 wrote:

I've been massaging since I signed up, leaving me with very moist, greasy hands. LOL

Haha. You're funny Kiki. :)
I've massaged my scalp too for the past two days.
I guess I'll check my length sometime and post.
I don't care for length checks either.Ouch
LOL
LOL that is funny!
Okay my update: We started Fri (no massage)  Sat (massaged twice for 10 minutes) Sun(massaged twice for 10 minutes each). So 2 out of the last 3 days is not bad.

Hair massage tip: What I do not like about scalp massaging is that no matter how careful I am, it tangles my roots. And tangles are a major problem for naturals such as myself. So since I am doing a GHE challenge also. To lazy to remove my plastic cap, I did my massage with the cap on. And out of my laziness sprung a good ideal. Massaging with a scarf or plastic cap on keeps my hair from tangling and I can still get to my scalp. So yayyyyyyy!Thumbs Up     And no greasy hands!!!!!

-------------

Date Posted: Oct 30 2011 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by Veemack Veemack wrote:

Massaging with a scarf or plastic cap on keeps my hair from tangling and I can still get to my scalp. So yayyyyyyy!Thumbs Up     And no greasy hands!!!!!
I will try this today! :)
LOL @ the bolded.

-------------

Posted By: yekomod
Date Posted: Nov 02 2011 at 11:43pm
I'll join! I have to come back with measurements. 

-------------
Waist length by 30

Posted By: TheSweetLife
Date Posted: Nov 03 2011 at 9:36am
Im not in on this challenge but I massage my scalp for at least 3 minutes after applying my growth aid. I never knew my own hands could feel so great on  my scalp. LOL I absolutely  love it. I'm probably going to get one of the Babybliss massagers from Sally's for 1.99. 

-------------
"A boss is one who guarantee we gone eat." Rick Ross

Date Posted: Nov 03 2011 at 9:56am
Originally posted by TheSweetLife TheSweetLife wrote:

Im not in on this challenge but I massage my scalp for at least 3 minutes after applying my growth aid. I never knew my own hands could feel so great on  my scalp. LOL I absolutely  love it. I'm probably going to get one of the Babybliss massagers from Sally's for 1.99. 
Babybliss massager for 1.99? Is this a scalp massager? Thats a good deal. I love my hands but every now and then that would be nice. I will look into this.

To the ladies of the Challenge:
It has been a busy week for me. So busy I thought today was friday, lol. So I missed some days massaging my scalp before bedtime. But I did make up for it in the evening. Today I will get back on track with the twice a day for 10 minutes, hopefully, lol.

Massage help: Did you know the biggest muscles on your scalp are located right above each ear, the lower back of your head and your forehead. So as you massage remember to stimulate these muscles to loosen them up. Plus it feels so good. Many times our scalp is very tense because we forget to give it attention.  A long time ago there was a study that suggested that people with loose scalps (some call them meaty scalps) hair grew faster than people without loose scalps. Now a meaty scalp is hereditary.
But we can relieve tension and loosen up our scalps with scalp massage.

So let those fingers do the massaging ladies.

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 03 2011 at 10:01am
Yup its the Babyliss Pro Scalp Massager  http://www.sallybeauty.com/scalp-massage-brush/SBS-345898,default,pd.html?cm_vc=SEARCH - http://www.sallybeauty.com/scalp-massage-brush/SBS-345898,default,pd.html?cm_vc=SEARCH

I usually use my hands but I thought to give this a try as well. I get headaches frequently and scalp massages give me life!

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 03 2011 at 10:28am

Yup its the Babyliss Pro Scalp Massager  http://www.sallybeauty.com/scalp-massage-brush/SBS-345898,default,pd.html?cm_vc=SEARCH - http://www.sallybeauty.com/scalp-massage-brush/SBS-345898,default,pd.html?cm_vc=SEARCH

I usually use my hands but I thought to give this a try as well. I get headaches frequently and scalp massages give me life!
Oh NOOOO a brush of any type get no where near this very coily hair of mines. So I guess I will have to pass on this, but I thank you for the link, you saved me some time. My hair is long and natural and I stopped brushing a long time ago and I even stopped using a comb. I just use my fingers for styling. This has improved the health of my hair strands by a lot.

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 04 2011 at 4:52am
Veemack your so informativ with your posts which I love. Smile
Anyways I straightened my hair yesterday whcih was a fail so scalp massaging really helps as it's so dry and matted I reallly don 't like my hair in this condition.

-------------

Posted By: yekomod
Date Posted: Nov 04 2011 at 12:03pm
Ok I'm back!

Sides: 6 inches
Crown: 7 inches
Back: 7 inches

-------------
Waist length by 30

Date Posted: Nov 04 2011 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by Veemack Veemack wrote:

Oh NOOOO a brush of any type get no where near this very coily hair of mines. So I guess I will have to pass on this, but I thank you for the link, you saved me some time. My hair is long and natural and I stopped brushing a long time ago and I even stopped using a comb. I just use my fingers for styling. This has improved the health of my hair strands by a lot.

They aren't brush bristles like from a boars head brush. They are like thick plastic finger shaped thingys...let me find a picture...

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 04 2011 at 1:54pm
I'll post my measurements later...
I'm DCing and such.LOL

-------------

Posted By: Lilacflower1988
Date Posted: Nov 04 2011 at 4:24pm
Too much work for me. I can't sit there rubbing my head for 5 minutes a day. Plus, I just don't think it would make that much of a difference for me anyways.

-------------
If lovin' massa is wrong, I don't wanna be right.........

Date Posted: Nov 07 2011 at 2:41am
Massaging last week went well but i need to be more on point now so I'm massaging as i type which is always nice to be able to feel the curly roots yum yum. Tongue

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 07 2011 at 7:54am
Hello Group, sorry I have not been on this thread for the last 3 days, but I was out of town with my sweetie. And I promised him, I would stay off the internet. I had a great mini vacation, and he even gave me my scalp massages, which felt so good, but his big hands tangled my hair. Well we must take the good with the bad right?

Besides that massage, I was slack about doing them myself, something about being on vacation that makes you slack with your beauty routine.Unhappy But I am back on track today!SmileSmileSmileSmile

@thesweetlife, that does look like a nice brush, but you do not understand my coily hair, that would still tangle it, I think. But I will still go to Sallys and check it out. So thanks for the picture.

@LilacFlower1988 I feel ya on the time thing. And its 10 minutes not 5 minutes. But it feels soooooo good. You do not even realize your scalp is tensed until you start massaging it. If you watch TV you have time. Give it a try.

@Yekomod okay I have your inches. And gurl your AFRo if Awesome! If I said it already, I am still saying it again.

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 13 2011 at 12:48pm
I've been doing so well massaging this week, if i couldnt do the 10 mintues in the morning I was 20 mintues in the evening and now that I got a wig I can easily massaging through my twists and canrows. Big smile

Bring on week 3 and a half.

Posted By: chichichobits
Date Posted: Nov 21 2011 at 8:37pm
I have an itchy scalp as well. I have a spray bottle in the shower with ACV. I don't know if I'm doing it too often, every time I shampoo I use it. I spray my hair and let it sit for like 3 to 5 minutes while I'm in the shower and then I rinse it out before I do deep conditioning with my steamer.

Posted By: bluishgreysky
Date Posted: Nov 22 2011 at 10:48am
Originally posted by chichichobits chichichobits wrote:

I have an itchy scalp as well. I have a spray bottle in the shower with ACV. I don't know if I'm doing it too often, every time I shampoo I use it. I spray my hair and let it sit for like 3 to 5 minutes while I'm in the shower and then I rinse it out before I do deep conditioning with my steamer.

I think I may try ACV rinses as well. My scalp gets really dry, tender, and sore. I think it worsened since I just took out my synthetic braids that I have had in for 5 weeks. I have been using witch hazel to cleanse my scalp, doing scalp massages, and GHE. I moisturize with only water and glycerin, then seal with evoo. Chichichobits, how is ACV working for your scalp?

Date Posted: Nov 28 2011 at 8:25am
Originally posted by chichichobits chichichobits wrote:

Switch your steps. The ACV rinse should be your last step, so you will do ACV rinse after your steam and deep condition. The ACV helps to balance the scalp and close the hair cuticles. 1/4 cup in 2 cups of cool water made fresh each time. Twice a month should be enough. You can apply to much ACV and have adverse affects. Rinse for at least 3 minutes in cold water.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 04 2011 at 1:07pm
Hello group!

I have not posted here in a week! But I am still massaging, and my scalp feels good. Massaging my scalp more really allows me to examine my scalp more consistently, than I did before. And its growing much faster than usual. However I am also doing a GHE challenge, but I started this before I started the scalp massages on a consistent basis. I am not doing them twice a day, as I would like to. I do once a day for 10 minutes 3 times a week. That is better than nothing. My goal was to gain an inch before Christmas and I am getting close to that.

So massage away, if you're game. Its cheap easy and effective! And it feels soooo good!Smile

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 06 2011 at 4:44am
i've slacked off this week, but i'll be proper next week. my scalp is okay though, so tonight i'll punish myslef with 20 minutes mwhahha  Evil Smile

Posted By: SoulSister87
Date Posted: Nov 09 2013 at 7:15pm
Just purchased a Babyliss Pro scalp massager. I am going to start massaging 5 mins a day and see if a difference is noticed. Seems a little challenging since I have thick curls, but we'll see :) Anyone else see great results?

Posted By: timmi-herry
Date Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 4:25am
You right, I regularly message my hair (at lest once in a week) and its grow my hair.

http://designstylesideas.com/ - Design Styles Ideas

Posted By: Benni
Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 3:11pm
Thank You for reviving this thread .

This is something I can really get into

Date Posted: Dec 04 2013 at 12:06am
Still massaging every opportunity I get

Posted By: oridniv
Date Posted: Dec 25 2013 at 1:23pm
I do the inversion method. I started 2 days ago and measured my length below
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc79E0EjMyc - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc79E0EjMyc

Posted By: oridniv
Date Posted: Dec 31 2013 at 8:42pm
I did the inversion method from the 23rd till yesterday. It's where you invert your head and use warm oil ( I didn't warm it) to massage your scalp. I did it for a maximum of 4 min for the entire 7 days. I will resume on the 23rd of next month and do it for another week. There are a few vids on youtube that explain it. 
Results:

I had no growth at the front. 0.5" on the right side and back, 1" on my right, and 1.5" on my crown! I'm excited to continue this for the rest of the year, results or not.Wink

Date Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 11:32pm
I massage just about every day, but it's nowhere near 3-5 mins. Sad to say, but I've gotten hair-lazy

Date Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 10:08pm
Sorry. Double post

Posted By: salon5nsw
Date Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 11:38pm
Scalp Massage is best way to hair growth, i alwase take scalp massage.

Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 11:11pm
Started massaging again. I have to because of Inversion

Posted By: mystykal
Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 11:12am
Am a newbie here. Scalp massage really sounds interesti g. Will participate

Posted By: sunglds1
Date Posted: Mar 04 2014 at 4:46pm
used to massage my scalp daily in the evening before bed and can't recall why I stopped but I did, probably lazy...  I started back about 3 months ago and scalp feels great, less tense, no headaches nor neck aches, just overall relaxed feeling. 

Date Posted: Mar 14 2014 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by sunglds1 sunglds1 wrote:

used to massage my scalp daily in the evening before bed and can't recall why I stopped but I did, probably lazy...  I started back about 3 months ago and scalp feels great, less tense, no headaches nor neck aches, just overall relaxed feeling. 

I hear you . It is not just for hair growth.

Enjoy ALL the benefits

Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 6:48pm
Indians do that, regardless of what oils they apply on their scalp.

Date Posted: Apr 04 2014 at 2:38pm
Still enjoying my scalp massages daily even if it's just for a minute or two

Posted By: eva92watson
Date Posted: Apr 11 2014 at 2:02am
Count me in. If this technique is really effective then why not? Massaging is one of the most easiest thing you can do yourself. It is like pampering your hair. Why to shell huge bucks when you can get your strands extended within 5 days.

Mine is 12 inches from the back, 6 in front. Let's see where it goes. ;)

Posted By: FyneTxChic
Date Posted: Sep 09 2015 at 1:10pm
I massage with the inversion method and enjoyed it.. I continue to do it at least 2x/week

Posted By: afrohairsolutions
Date Posted: Jan 21 2016 at 11:53am
This lady has a great ayurvedic scalp massage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaNt4zg7jVA.  I might start this again!

Print Page | Close Window