Print Page | Close Window

2012 APL Challenge (CLOSED!)

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Hair Care
Forum Name: Hair Growth (Newbies)
Forum Description: Hair Growth issues, solutions, and discussions (for Newbies)
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=324576
Printed Date: Jul 16 2018 at 10:13am

Topic: 2012 APL Challenge (CLOSED!)
Posted By: KikiScorpio92
Subject: 2012 APL Challenge (CLOSED!)
Date Posted: Oct 19 2011 at 3:46pm

Okay m'loves, I want APL, I need APL, I crave APL, and I WILL get it in 2012 so here are the rules if you would like to join me Smile:

1. Post Your regime before Jan 3rd 2012. (I made the closing date later just in case there are any last minute joiners of the forum that may see it.)

2. Post a picture of your current length and state before Jan 3rd 2012. ANYTIME!!!! (10/11)

3. Answer the questions :
Have you been APL before?
When do you think you will make APL?
How are you planning to reach this goal?

4. UPDATES,UPDATES,UPDATES!!! We like to hear the good, the bad and the mad strange were here to encourage one another to our hair goals.

5. I don't have rule #5 I just want everyone to have fun on this challenge, hair is suppose to be fun, right?!

ETA: IF YOU DO NOT ADD A STARTING PIC BY JANUARY 2012 I WILL REMOVE YOU FROM THE LIST, THANKS FOR YOUR COOPERATION.
Smile

Anyone willing ?!?! Wink

Challengers:
KikiScorpio92 (19/10) pic added
<span id="userPro8853217" title="View Drop Down"></span>lacehairwigs uk (19/10)
AmberColour (20/10) pic added
XBrownEyesX (20/10) pic added
Choongy (20/10)
Nelleebean(20/10) pic added
blackarosoe(20/10)
ydlwhite(20/10) pic added
yaya24(20/10)
Skate_Lova(20/10) pic added
gold e locks(23/10) pic added
Lemoncake(23/10) pic added
DeniseHuxtable(25/10)
buttefly4(26/10) pic added
DEE80(27/10)
Shondadini(1/11) pic added
JamCaygirl(2/11)
nedu09(6/11) pic added
StarzBaBi(8/11) pic added
DarkCoCo9(8/11) pic added

ADDED ON 26/01/2012
Jaydee_89
Lil_Mama4sho1
Elizaface
J_Shawty
Heffalumcutie
GlamourAddict
AmyAmyAmy
Soratachi
PrincessD
momolicious21
nikasut
IrisaK
Evallusion
londongirl87
eboni1
LaurenUK
daysha11
Morenita09
sunlightw
reashairjourney
whosbotheringme

Replies:
Posted By: lacehairwigs uk
Date Posted: Oct 19 2011 at 3:55pm
Have you been APL before? no
When do you think you will make APL? Late summer(August) 2012
How are you planning to reach this goal? protective style,mini twists and just my regular maintenance regimen

current length SL

regimen
hot oil,shampoo,deep condition weekly.co wash mid week.moisturise daily.seal 2x per week on wash and co wash day.Ayurvedic hair mask every 2 weeks

Date Posted: Oct 19 2011 at 3:57pm
- Shampoo and Conditon on Thursdays (HE Hydration Shampoo/CON Herba Rich & HE Hello Hydration and Beautiful Ends)
- CoWash and Deep Condtion on Sundays ( HE Hello Hydration & Beautiful Ends & ORS Replenishing Conditioner)
Spritz(Water/Oil Mix) and Seal(Castor Oil/Dax Green/D&L Intensive Condtioner) whenever I feel it drying.
Styling with ECO styler Argan Oil and Elasta QP Olive and Mango Butter.
Pills: multivitamin, b vitamins, cod liver oil, phyto skin&nails
[This is my winter regime so I will update during the warmer months what I change.]

CBL Natural mostly.

- Have you been APL before? Not that I remember when I was little always shoulder length.
- When do you think you will reach APL? May 2012, random month. LOL
-How are you planning to reach this goal? low mainpulation styles, it'll stop me from length checking everyday.

Star Kiki

-------------

Date Posted: Oct 19 2011 at 3:59pm
Nice to see you join lacehairwigs uk Thumbs Up

-------------

Posted By: AmberColour
Date Posted: Oct 19 2011 at 4:19pm
Yeah, I'm in.Cool
I'll bbl to post my information/starting pictures.

I'm busy trying to finish my essay for ENGC.
It's so late now. T_T

Posted By: Nelleebean
Date Posted: Oct 19 2011 at 9:07pm
I really want to try but I don't think there's anyway. I'm going to reach apl in 2012

Date Posted: Oct 19 2011 at 9:40pm
1. Have you been APL before? Yes, I have (relaxer days).Cool

2. When do you think you will make APL? Hopefully, before the halfway mark of the year.

3. How are you planning to reach this goal? Being patient and babying my hair. No more heat!!

I'll post a length picture sometime this week or so.

Posted By: XBrowneyesX
Date Posted: Oct 19 2011 at 11:27pm
Have you been APL before? Yes I have. I was apl or longer when I had a relaxer and before I had gotten one.

When do you think you will make APL? Somewhere in March 2012 maybe earlier...I just realized how close I am lol.

How are you planning to reach this goal? By taking better care of my hair, protective styling, and low manipulation.

Regimen: Protein and deep moisture treatment 1x a week, shampoo 1x a week, cowash 3x a week, and seal. I'll add a picture soon.

-------------
Au Naturale

Hair Type: 3b, Coarse, Normal porosity.
BSL

Date Posted: Oct 19 2011 at 11:31pm
Hey there AmberColour & XBrownEyesX your welcome to join and thank you Smile

Star Kiki

-------------

Date Posted: Oct 19 2011 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by Nelleebean Nelleebean wrote:

I really want to try but I don't think there's anyway. I'm going to reach apl in 2012

Hey Nelleebean, what's your current length if you don't mind me asking ? I always think you should aspire to your highest capability, please feel free to lurk also if you are unsure you have until Jan 3rd 2012 anyway Smile.

Star Kiki

-------------

Posted By: Choongy
Date Posted: Oct 20 2011 at 3:40am
i need to join, i was in the APL 2011 challenge i was 2in away and then bc'd im now SL so i hope i can reach APL my July

Have you been APL before? No Cry
When do you think you will make APL? i estimate July 2012
How are you planning to reach this goal? GHE, growth aid, protecting my hair A LOT

Date Posted: Oct 20 2011 at 7:19am
Well come on in Choongy theres plenty of room Tongue, what did it feel like to be nearly APL? Also why did you bc were you transitioning/setback/change?

Star Kiki

-------------

Date Posted: Oct 20 2011 at 9:26am
Hey, fellow uk BHMer, it felt fantastic i always had my hair hidden or at least the ends so when i did have my hair down people were amazed i was amazed myself at times. i cut it because as much as i loved relaxer my hair didnt i felt that it was thin and sad looking even though it had length and i wanted it to be happy and thick as well as long, i transitioned for 5months and then just said fack it cut it off lol

Date Posted: Oct 20 2011 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by KikiScorpio92 KikiScorpio92 wrote:

Hey Nelleebean, what's your current length if you don't mind me asking ? I always think you should aspire to your highest capability, please feel free to lurk also if you are unsure you have until Jan 3rd 2012 anyway Smile.

Star Kiki

I BC'd septemeber 17th.. soooo its really short..
*This was taken last week i believe

Date Posted: Oct 20 2011 at 12:59pm
@ChoongyWell I'm glad you have found happiness with you hair and hope it continue to flourish thickness and in health, AMEN! LOL

Ohh and hi five with UK BHMer it's about time we reach the american in the hair game. Big smileLOL

Star Kiki

-------------

Date Posted: Oct 20 2011 at 1:02pm

Star Kiki

I BC'd septemeber 17th.. soooo its really short..
*This was taken last week i believe

I really think you could do it love with just time, patience and wicked retention! You have a whole year and what have you got to loose really ?! Wink

Star Kiki

-------------

Posted By: ydlwhite
Date Posted: Oct 20 2011 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by Choongy Choongy wrote:

i need to join, i was in the APL 2011 challenge i was 2in away and then bc'd im now SL so i hope i can reach APL my July

How are you planning to reach this goal? GHE, growth aid, protecting my hair A LOT
Ditto.. I have the same issue with my hair. I was almost APL but my hair was diff lengths and what not from my original BBC in Aug of 07--- so I just worked towards getting my hair even and then BC'ed again in Aug of this yr.. now I'm at SL and just praying that my hair will take off. I haven't done a challenge in a min... nor have I been on here in a min.. but I want to get back on track with my hair growth and tracking it, and so I'm just gandering at the new challenges... AND the new people here lol..

Date Posted: Oct 20 2011 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by ydlwhite ydlwhite wrote:

Ditto.. I have the same issue with my hair. I was almost APL but my hair was diff lengths and what not from my original BBC in Aug of 07--- so I just worked towards getting my hair even and then BC'ed again in Aug of this yr.. now I'm at SL and just praying that my hair will take off. I haven't done a challenge in a min... nor have I been on here in a min.. but I want to get back on track with my hair growth and tracking it, and so I'm just gandering at the new challenges... AND the new people here lol..

You are welcome to join us ydlwhite I'm new here so recruiting people will be hard as no one is familiar with me Cry but I want to have fun on this journey and encourage others. Thumbs Up

You have until Jan 3rd 2012!
Star Kiki

-------------

Date Posted: Oct 20 2011 at 2:01pm
Although i feel it may be somewhat of a stretch... i'm willing to give it a shot. even though i will be hurt if i'm not atleast grazing APL by Dec 2012.

Current Length
Front: Mid Nose
Sides: Chin length
Back: Neck Length 

i was grazing APL before i BC'd just couldn't deal with the two textures anymore
i don't know.. taking babysteps til i get there..
- moisturizing and sealing daily
- trimming when necessary
- co-washing 1-2X weekly
-washing 2x monthly
- deep conditioning 2x monthly
- i will probably wear braids from time to time.

*i already posted a photo in this thread, but if neccesary i could post another.

Date Posted: Oct 20 2011 at 2:07pm
Awww Nelleebean I'm so glad you decided to join, your going to be fine I believe you can do it and that photo is just fine. Wink Adding you now!

-------------

Date Posted: Oct 20 2011 at 2:11pm

Yay SL crew!!! i know what you mean, i want even hair idk if its even coz i never straighten my hair next time i see my stylist i may ask her to check for me

Date Posted: Oct 20 2011 at 2:13pm
dont worry about lots of people joining or not you have a decent amount of people already. we are all here for the same goals and motivation thats what matters 

Date Posted: Oct 20 2011 at 2:16pm

dont worry about lots of people joining or not you have a decent amount of people already. we are all here for the same goals and motivation thats what matters 

Thanks love, that makes me feel a bunch better. Smile

Star Kiki

-------------

Date Posted: Oct 20 2011 at 2:40pm
No probs hun, im gonna post pics of my hair soon im just lazy to do it *covers eyes*

which part of the uk are you in? i live in north london

Date Posted: Oct 20 2011 at 3:23pm

No probs hun, im gonna post pics of my hair soon im just lazy to do it *covers eyes*

which part of the uk are you in? i live in north london

Yeah Yeah no problem you got time to post, and I'm a Birmz chick born and bred I'd rather be in LDN though sometimes, can't stand it here!

Star Kiki

-------------

Date Posted: Oct 20 2011 at 3:38pm
ahh my friend from my old uni is from birmz shes lovely i find that everyone is faster and more inpatient in london, the uni im at now theres some ppl from liverpool and wolves theyre all lovely too

Date Posted: Oct 20 2011 at 3:48pm

ahh my friend from my old uni is from birmz shes lovely i find that everyone is faster and more inpatient in london, the uni im at now theres some ppl from liverpool and wolves theyre all lovely too

They are most definately like that there but I find I get things done up there faster and in good time, well I hope your enjoying your degree? and getting all you can from it.

Star Kiki

-------------

Date Posted: Oct 20 2011 at 3:53pm
I'm so tired from school atm.
I'll bbl later to post a picture/regimen. 
Sleepy

Date Posted: Oct 20 2011 at 3:56pm
That's fine Amber.

Star Kiki

-------------

Date Posted: Oct 20 2011 at 3:59pm

They are most definately like that there but I find I get things done up there faster and in good time, well I hope your enjoying your degree? and getting all you can from it.

Star Kiki

yea thats true. yeah im a student nurse so far i love it but its only been a month so its early days lol

Posted By: blackarosoe
Date Posted: Oct 20 2011 at 4:12pm
I want to join 2 please.I will answer the questions later I am on my phone.

Date Posted: Oct 20 2011 at 4:14pm

Yay SL crew!!! i know what you mean, i want even hair idk if its even coz i never straighten my hair next time i see my stylist i may ask her to check for me
haha! Clap yay!! We're going to get there.. well yea I definitely wanted even hair.. I feel like your hair strands communicate better when they're on the same level LOL
I'm pretty sure I'm down to join... I'll post pics in a few days or so just so you guys will know where I'm at as far as length goes.. and my regi as well so you'll know what I'm doing as we progress... *crosses fingers*

Date Posted: Oct 20 2011 at 4:14pm
No problem blackarosoe , adding you to the list!

Star Kiki

-------------

Date Posted: Oct 20 2011 at 4:16pm

You are welcome to join us ydlwhite I'm new here so recruiting people will be hard as no one is familiar with me Cry but I want to have fun on this journey and encourage others. Thumbs Up

You have until Jan 3rd 2012!
Star Kiki

Girl... a handful is plenty! Just as long as we're all down to motivate each other along our journeys! I honestly feel like when there's a crowd, things get super confusing and hard to keep up with anyways.

Posted By: yaya24
Date Posted: Oct 20 2011 at 4:19pm
me,me,me

But I won't have a starting pic until January 2012

Regimen from October 14, 2011-Jan 14, 2012
(while in extension twists)

castor oil on scalp nightly
spray twists with sulfur 8 fresh spray every other day

vitamins:
MSM powder
Ester C powder
Garlic supplement 
D3 2000 iu
Bcomplex
Nioxin
vitamin C
Horsetail

-------------
iRep ♥ Naija
TexLAXED 1.25.13'
SL starting alllll the way over. Watch me work.
APL 2013

<

Date Posted: Oct 20 2011 at 4:19pm
yup i agree with ydlwhite too many cooks spoil the broth or something along those lines i forget lol

Date Posted: Oct 20 2011 at 4:20pm
Thanks ydlwhite I'm definately seeing the benefit of have just a few at the moment I get messages straight to my blackberry so that red light will be broken by next year with all the pinging LOL

Signing you up now !!

Star Kiki

-------------

Date Posted: Oct 20 2011 at 4:26pm
Yaya24 your being added lovely, you've actually made me think if I should change the closing date to 3 days later but I think I'll stick to the 3rd I need to be diligent and strict with this challenge.

Star Kiki

-------------

Date Posted: Oct 20 2011 at 4:29pm
I think January 3 is plenty of time.. (maybe even too much time)

But thanks for adding me!!!

I am aiming for FULL APL.
and I hope to be there before June 2012.

-------------
iRep ♥ Naija
TexLAXED 1.25.13'
APL 2013

<

Date Posted: Oct 20 2011 at 4:40pm
I see we have a lot of May - June (Summer) goals so..

Lets do this Ladies!!! Thumbs Up

Star Kiki

-------------

Posted By: Skate_Lova
Date Posted: Oct 20 2011 at 5:26pm
im sO in! This is my ultimate goal for 2012
1. Post Your regime before Jan 3rd 2012. (I made the closing date later just in case there are any last minute joiners of the forum that may see it.)

I will be weaved up until december 2012. I'm doing a hardcore protective styling challenge so let's see what comes of it. Weave Regimen: Shampoo with diluted shampoo once a month, co- wash once a week and oil scalp with castor oil, deep condition every 2 weeks. take down weave every 16 weeks( clarify, protein treatment, moisture treatment, and weave back up)

2. Post a picture of your current length and state before Jan 3rd 2012.

Current length is FULL NL and Natural. (I will post a pic when I take this install down. I believe i'm grazing Shoulder length.

Have you been APL before? (I have never been APL in my adult or child life. This is new territory I will crossing into and i'm ultra excited!)
When do you think you will make APL? ( I have 5 inches from APL. I believe I can be there by August and full APL by the end of the year hopefully) *crosses fingers*
How are you planning to reach this goal? (hardcore protective styling, moisture/protein balance, taking my nioxin, biotin and multivitamin and also drinking tons of water, using my MT and JBCO mixture. )

-------------
Natural since April 1, 2011
EL(5/11) NL(8/11) SL(?) APL(?) BSL(?) MBL(?) WL(?)

Weaving my way to BSL =]

Date Posted: Oct 20 2011 at 6:51pm
I updated my fotki and made a new album.. BHM is tripping a bit. I don't have a shot of my BC yet... but my album will just let you know where I'm at presently in my journey (2011). I'll post a pic after I take my braids down.. I'm currently wigging it (hiding my hair for the winter).

-------------
http://members.fotki.com/ydlwhite/

Date Posted: Oct 21 2011 at 3:58am
You know I'll be stalking your fotki now ydlwhite, in the none creepy way if that exists. LOL
Skate_Lova -  added!!

-------------

Date Posted: Oct 21 2011 at 6:55am

Have you been APL before? Yes
When do you think you will make APL? Full APL by June 2012
How are you planning to reach this goal? PS with twists and maybe wigs

-------------
iRep ♥ Naija
TexLAXED 1.25.13'
APL 2013

<

Date Posted: Oct 21 2011 at 1:19pm
hey guys!!! i got 2/3 of my silicon mix products in the post today im waiting on one more its coming from the dominican so its gona be a while *sigh* i cant wait to try them im not a PJ BUT i have alot of conditioners i figured coz i have curly hair id use them up by putting them on my ends for moisture in the morning when styling.....does anyone think this is a bad idea at all?

Date Posted: Oct 21 2011 at 1:25pm
@Choongy Not a bad idea at all when I was on holiday with no leave in left in condtioners in when I went swimming , went beach and since coming back still do it often, leaves my hair super soft and moisturised.

-------------

Date Posted: Oct 21 2011 at 1:41pm
thanks kiki i thought about it coz i saw on YT alot of curlies were doing it, thought id try it i have like 12 or more conditioners in one cupbaord falling down every time i open it im tryna keep to a few products

Date Posted: Oct 21 2011 at 6:20pm

I'm so close.
I'm going to be in ps, so I might be there really soon,
but that will only be the longest hair in the back.
If I want my hair to be the same length--and I do--I know i'll have to cut my hair eventually.

Date Posted: Oct 22 2011 at 7:37am
@AmberColour same also with my longest are back the layers but I did a brief cut last motnh so it's probably just at CBL in the back the front don't even get me started on that mess.

StarKiki

-------------

Posted By: gold e locks
Date Posted: Oct 22 2011 at 4:08pm
I would love to join this challenge!!!! I would like to say that this will be my very first challenge if accepted WinkWink
Current length: SL
Have you ever been APL before?: no
When do you think you will make APL?: June 2012
How are you planning to reach this goal?: protective styling and no heat what-so-ever

Regimen:
*pre-pooing every Friday overnight
*shampoo/co-washing weekly (alternating weekly)
*deep condition after every shampoo/co-wash
*air dry only
*moisturize and seal every other day
*baggy every night

Starting pic coming as soon as I figure out howErmm

-------------
ms.quita

Posted By: ChocolatePie777
Date Posted: Oct 22 2011 at 4:21pm
forget itEmbarrassed

-------------
"I came into this World kicking and screaming and covered in someone else's blood; I wouldn't mind going out the same way"

Posted By: ChocolatePie777
Date Posted: Oct 22 2011 at 4:21pm
dbl post

-------------
"I came into this World kicking and screaming and covered in someone else's blood; I wouldn't mind going out the same way"

Date Posted: Oct 23 2011 at 4:44am
Originally posted by ChocolatePie777 ChocolatePie777 wrote:

forget itEmbarrassed

EmbarrassedLOL don't be shy, give it a try.

StarKiki

-------------

Date Posted: Oct 23 2011 at 4:47am
@gold e locks, Open up a fotki or photbucket account and upload pictures onto the online album. I'll add you.

Star Kiki

-------------

Date Posted: Oct 23 2011 at 4:59am
hey kiki im tryna get a hooded head band idk if you heard of it or any other ladies? its in rickys in ny but they dont ship to the uk ugh! im about to head to paks and see if they sell one i dont really fancy using tights in fear that my hair will rip from the material

Date Posted: Oct 23 2011 at 5:14am
@Choongy, I know what your on about but I'm afraid I have not seen them anyway in my area at the moment, do you know what it's made out of? Just asking if there is an equivalent that is available, probably do some research but I'm deep condioting right now so will have to get back to you.

Star Kiki

-------------

Date Posted: Oct 23 2011 at 5:19am
aww thanks love i went on some forums and ladies were saying to get a loc soc im not paying $18 for it and lord knows the shipping price or they use tights but ummmmm tights im not really down for that cause. ive been on YT looking at the other curlies but theyre in america and got the hooded one

im off out to see if i can find it outside!!!

enjoy your hair treatment i will update ya upon my arrival home

Posted By: gold e locks
Date Posted: Oct 23 2011 at 9:43am
Okay, I finally figured how to upload pictures to fotki, unfortunately I don't know how to make it a click-able link.  I am not the most computer savvy person, but I'm learning.Clap

public.fotki.com/CopperTresses/my-first-album/

-------------
ms.quita

Posted By: Lemoncake
Date Posted: Oct 23 2011 at 11:08am
I would like to join! Ill be back later to post pic/reggie.

-------------
Forever in love with my hubby:)

Proud mommy of two!

Date Posted: Oct 23 2011 at 11:16am
ok i traisped to two big hair shops and didnt find this stupid a$$ hooded headband so i made one myself with scissors and tights that no longer fit no money spent!! 

Date Posted: Oct 23 2011 at 11:47am
@gold e locks, The pictures are perfect and dont worry about being a wiz at the pc as long as you know how to type and get to the internet your fine. LOLSmile
@Lemoncake, alright bab.
@Choongy, thats what I like to here being inventive with stuff you already have I mean $18 nah uh, we need to be saving in this economy what little we have. Wink

-------------

Date Posted: Oct 23 2011 at 11:51am
TRUST ME!!!! i didnt wanna spend any money in the first place so i was like f*ck it im sure i can make this im only gonna wear it to bed wth am i spend all that on it for lol

Date Posted: Oct 23 2011 at 1:28pm
Updated my fotki again!!

And did some rearranging. It was a God awful mess. haha.

Anyway, a question for the ladies who baggy. How often do you baggy, and how much is.. too much for you? haha

Also, I'm trying to figure out a new staple line of con for my hair-- What do you guys think is the best con and DC?

This is so weird starting over again--- I fell off hard! My last album was from 2009! haha.

I also made an album to show where I was before I BC'ed in August. Located in my 2012 APL Challenge folder.

Date Posted: Oct 23 2011 at 1:35pm
@ydlwhite Im doing GHE its similar to baggying some say its the samething I dont mind either which way its called, anywho I do it every other night and apply my growth aid the night im not doing it if that makes sense?

Date Posted: Oct 23 2011 at 3:15pm

Hopefully the pic works.

My regimen:
Shampoo/DC once per week
Clarify once per month
Moisturize and seal every day.
Co-wash every 3 days

Ive never been APL before so im excited!

I believe I should hopefully make APL by Aug 2012

Plan to make it to APL by bunning with a phony pony and wearing half wigs until Aug. Im new so this is my first challenge! Good luck e everybody

-------------

Proud mommy of two!

Date Posted: Oct 23 2011 at 3:18pm

Hope this works. I am 7 months pregnant so excuse my "fluffyness" lol

-------------

Proud mommy of two!

Date Posted: Oct 23 2011 at 3:23pm
@Lemoncake, it's my first time to hun and starting a challenge and being apl hopefully lol were going to do this!! I can't see your picture since I don't have a fotki and you have password but I know you have added a picture so I'll add 'pic added' to your name.Thumbs Up

I see it now!! Smile And congrats on 7 months!! Big smile

-------------

Date Posted: Oct 23 2011 at 7:01pm
Thanks Maybe being pregnant will help with my hair growth *crossing fingers** I really slacked on haircare in the beginning of my pregnancy. Ive been growing out a "Rihanna Pixie" cut since sept 2010.

-------------

Proud mommy of two!

Date Posted: Oct 24 2011 at 3:50am
@Lemoncake, I'm sure it will definately help your feeling good, positive vibes and I feel thats important with anything life changing. I hope you also to continue to let your hair thrive and reach it's full potential and were all here to push one another along. Wink

-------------

Date Posted: Oct 24 2011 at 12:42pm
I am in twists atm...
With this protective styling more of my hair will be catching up in no time.
Maybe not, but I'm just being positive.
Cool

-------------

Date Posted: Oct 24 2011 at 1:24pm

Here's my photo. I hope it's okay.

-------------
Au Naturale

BSL

Date Posted: Oct 24 2011 at 5:21pm
I cant wait till my hair gets even to your length brown eyes! U dont havr long to go before u get to APL!

-------------

Proud mommy of two!

Date Posted: Oct 24 2011 at 6:48pm
my starting pic! hopefully I did it correctly..lol. this was taken before I put my install in so i'm about an inch and a half longer than that now (at NL) i will have my sew in for another 2 months so i had to use an old length check.

eek sorry its so big =[

-------------

Weaving my way to BSL =]

Date Posted: Oct 25 2011 at 1:56pm
@XBrownEyesX, your hair is legit! , It's gorgeous now watch me scissor that off in your sleep and stick upon my head  LOLWink You will be there in no time.

@Skate_Lova, Thanks for adding the pic, I will love seeing your progress in this challenge, I believe I'm going to be left speechless.

-------------

Date Posted: Oct 25 2011 at 1:58pm
I'm considering getting a wig next year but I love to play in my hair but I think it will save me from possible setbacks. I hope everyone has there plans for next year down??

Keep us posted!!

-------------

Date Posted: Oct 25 2011 at 2:01pm
Update: hey guys just co washed my hair after reading the CG method i think it may help me my hair does actually feel/look better and is drying with less frizzy, frizz and knots always leave me having to get trims and i cant achieve APL with too many trims now can i LOL

Date Posted: Oct 25 2011 at 2:03pm

I'm considering getting a wig next year but I love to play in my hair but I think it will save me from possible setbacks. I hope everyone has there plans for next year down??

Keep us posted!!
I used to make wigs you could try that if you have the time and what not

Date Posted: Oct 25 2011 at 2:05pm

Keep us posted!!
I used to make wigs you could try that if you have the time and what not

Hmmm well at the looks of things in this new job that won't be anytime soon but I'll consider anything for now I'll just play dress up in my mommys. Embarrassed

-------------

Date Posted: Oct 25 2011 at 2:14pm
yea to be fair when i was making them i had lots of time on my hands i used to do my own weave installs too but my hairdresser has advised i do not wear wigs or weaves now i am not relaxed because my hair needs moisture badly!!! and knowing me i will leave it dry like the dessert and it end up breaking off 

Date Posted: Oct 25 2011 at 2:18pm
You got me thinking I don't even remember why my relaxed hair broke off it was moisturised and everything , I wish I was that hands on with my own hair I mean with sewing in and putting extensions in, one day.. one day. Cool

-------------

Date Posted: Oct 25 2011 at 2:41pm
did you colour or straighten it alot, unfortunately i love to be blonde but my relaxed hair didnt

lol trust me i couldnt canerow for shyt!!! i just practised even when i thought i had crappy installs people liked them so i guess over time i got better at it,  Google and Youtube has helped me alot with my hair care with finding people with similar hair/goals/ideas ect and of course BHM

Date Posted: Oct 25 2011 at 2:51pm
Nope not at all I was relaxed from the age of 7 or 8 to the age 12, my mom would do it and she wasn't harsh at all so no colour, no straightners it might have been down to the fact I was growing also she only relaxed it every 6 months so now I understand about stretches my hair would go back natural , maybe it was that. CryShockedLamp

Well since I started this journey I  googled flat twists, canerow and watched videos, it gets better everyday but I'm low manipulation so I don't care for presentation now. LOL

-------------

Date Posted: Oct 25 2011 at 2:52pm

@XBrownEyesX, your hair is legit! , It's gorgeous now watch me scissor that off in your sleep and stick upon my head  LOLWink You will be there in no time.

Aha lol thanks Smile

-------------
Au Naturale

BSL

Date Posted: Oct 25 2011 at 2:59pm

Nope not at all I was relaxed from the age of 7 or 8 to the age 12, my mom would do it and she wasn't harsh at all so no colour, no straightners it might have been down to the fact I was growing also she only relaxed it every 6 months so now I understand about stretches my hair would go back natural , maybe it was that. CryShockedLamp

Well since I started this journey I  googled flat twists, canerow and watched videos, it gets better everyday but I'm low manipulation so I don't care for presentation now. LOL

LoL I agree w presentation now i just throw on a hairband or something and do wash and goes im trying to perfect the art of second day hair (EVEN TRY TO GET 7TH DAY IF I CAN) we will see 2mrw morning how that works out

Date Posted: Oct 25 2011 at 4:14pm
Just posting for the heck of it. :)
LOL

-------------

Posted By: DeniseHuxtable
Date Posted: Oct 25 2011 at 4:46pm
Am I too late to join? Ermm ...lol

Date Posted: Oct 25 2011 at 5:14pm
Not at all DeniseHuxtable you have until Jan 3rd 2012.

-------------

Date Posted: Oct 25 2011 at 5:20pm
Great! Be back later with my info

Date Posted: Oct 25 2011 at 11:56pm
@Kiki - its going to be an interesting year! lol because I definitely need to stay on point to retain every inch. But i definitely think i can make it. I just hope its during the summer instead of during the winter.

-------------

Weaving my way to BSL =]

Date Posted: Oct 26 2011 at 12:02pm
Pissed off!!! co washed my hair last night and it rained today, i work outside i feel like it was such a waste so not happy!

Posted By: buttefly4
Date Posted: Oct 26 2011 at 3:04pm
Hi guys, my first ever challenge Big smile I'm so excited! Please add me to the list Smile

Current Length:

Neck length :[

Regimen: 

Shampoo wash 1x a week
Co wash 1x a week
Moisturise and seal 2x a day
Protein Treatment 1x month
Black tea rinse 1x every 2 weeks
Relax every 12 weeks
Trim ever 6 months or when needed

Have you been APL before? When I was younger I think I can't remember it though :[

When do you think you will make APL? By June 2012 for Year 11 Prom!!

How are you planning to reach this goal? Braid outs, roller sets, twist outs and buns and cute little updos. Also by sticking with my regimen and not giving up!

Starting Picture ---->24/10/2011

Good luck everyone! <3

Posted By: DEE80
Date Posted: Oct 27 2011 at 9:50am
Current Length:

TWA

Regimen:

Shampoo with sulfate-free or sulfate 'poo 1x a week
Water-rinse daily
Co-wash when needed
Deep condition 1 x week
Moisturize and seal 2x a day
GHE 4x a week

Yes, when I was relaxed, but I had MBL when I did the BC; now natural

December 2012

Hiding the scissors, no trims, moisturizing and sealing twice a day, and obtaining an inch of hair a month with GHE method.

Date Posted: Oct 27 2011 at 9:55am
Ok, I'm back with a reggie but I still need to snap a photo

Reggie
co-wash with HH once a week
clarify once a month
moisturize everyday with Infusium 23
seal everyday with Africa's Best oil (I believe this is the name)
possibly baggy 
Protective style with a bun, sew-in in December
deep condition once a week with Nexxus Humec.
Take a multivitamin and fish oil once a day...nothing extreme
Trying to keep heat to a minimum...but its hard :-/

Thats all I can think of for now

Date Posted: Oct 27 2011 at 11:33am

Pissed off!!! co washed my hair last night and it rained today, i work outside i feel like it was such a waste so not happy!

What was your hair like wash 'n' go or something you know you can never rely on the english weather for blue skies Angry

-------------

Date Posted: Oct 27 2011 at 11:37am
@buttefly4 , your hair looks so healthy and it looks like you have a solid routine so I' think it will work in your favour for a JUne prom,, aww I remember mine , my scalp was purple. OuchLOL

Hello there Dee80 can one you ladies explain to me about this GHE thing your using I'm curious whats it do or taste like. Confused

-------------

Date Posted: Oct 27 2011 at 11:42am
I did a quick shampoo and condtioning today but I hate this no airdrying thing in cold weather blowdrying takes up time and my hair is still moist almost damp. Sleepy

-------------

Date Posted: Oct 27 2011 at 12:12pm

What was your hair like wash 'n' go or something you know you can never rely on the english weather for blue skies Angry

yea i did a wash n go in the night time and threw my hair in a banana clip for work in the morning i checked the weather (bbc london weather) is usually accurate Cry boy oh boy i wish i wore a hoody i had to put conditioner in my hair last night for my GHE and then add hair cream today my hair was drier then the sahara

Date Posted: Oct 27 2011 at 12:22pm

yea i did a wash n go in the night time and threw my hair in a banana clip for work in the morning i checked the weather (bbc london weather) is usually accurate Cry boy oh boy i wish i wore a hoody i had to put conditioner in my hair last night for my GHE and then add hair cream today my hair was drier then the sahara

Sorry to hear that bab which makes me even more determined to get a wig next year, I really can't cope with not airdrying in the winter.

-------------

Date Posted: Oct 27 2011 at 1:34pm
yea im thinkin if i have the time i might out my hands to work and make myself a half wig or a wig idc if my wigs or weaves get wet up 

Posted By: buttefly4
Date Posted: Oct 27 2011 at 1:47pm

@buttefly4 , your hair looks so healthy nad it looks like you have a solid routine so I' think it will work in your favour for a JUne prom,, aww I remember mine , my scalp was purple. OuchLOL

Aww thanks :'] I so hope it do make it for prom! Your scalp was PURPLE?! What on earth happened?! LOL

Print Page | Close Window