Forum Name: Break Outs
Forum Description: Discussion of Break Outs
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=323927
Printed Date: Dec 15 2018 at 11:42pm

Topic: Black soap, causing breakouts?
Posted By: rholemodel
Subject: Black soap, causing breakouts?
Date Posted: Oct 11 2011 at 1:42pm

I've been using all natural black soap and i'm breaking out, I wondering if my skin is not liking black soap or it's the black soap bringing out impurities (like some good acne medicines do). I'm trying to decide whether or not to stop and try another facial regimen or to keep on.

Is anyone else having breakouts due to black soap?

Replies:
Posted By: PinkDiorDoll16
Date Posted: Oct 11 2011 at 4:18pm
You know the same thing has been happening to me recently my skin has been breaking out more since yousing black soap it does still work for me because it has really gotten rid of my blackheads but know im breaking out n red bumps it might be my skin reacting to the soap know but i think ill stop using it all together.

-------------
"Carry Yourself Like A Queen & You'll Attract A King"

Posted By: Napp
Date Posted: Oct 11 2011 at 11:33pm
most blacksoaps i have used irritated and dried my skin and caused it to break out even more.

-------------
Bougier than a can of Fancy Feast

Posted By: eleisha26
Date Posted: Oct 11 2011 at 11:37pm
it may be bringing out the impurities..but i couldn't take it. it had me breaking out with these ugly cysts, and i had never had face cysts until i started using black soap. i had to put that to an end real quick.

-------------

Posted By: sparel
Date Posted: Oct 12 2011 at 10:04pm
I have experience this and decided not to use black soap on my face 

Posted By: rholemodel
Date Posted: Oct 13 2011 at 12:40pm
So I decided to stop using Black Soap and decided to just go get Queen Helenes Mint Julep and will start doing the Oil regimen. What i have noticed is no more new bumps are popping up since I stopped using black soap, it's a shame because I read so many good things about it.

Posted By: redbone.savage
Date Posted: Oct 13 2011 at 8:44pm
I KNOW THAT MY SISTER USED BLACK SOAP & IT ONLY MAKE HERE BREAKOUTS WORSER. I WAS THINKING OF TRYING IT BUT CHANGED MY MIND :(

-------------

Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: Mar 19 2012 at 5:45pm
I only tried one but it was the camwood in the soap that irritated my skin.  

-------------
Laws are not written to protect children and women. They are written to protect MEN. - TokyoRose (truncated unfortunately)

Posted By: thatChicDrine
Date Posted: Apr 02 2013 at 11:51am
Dudu Osun.. broke me out badly! but I bought liquid black soap and that cleared my face and I just recently bought raw black soap..and that has broken me out and is working.. so it may just be the brand...I also tried Alffafia Black soap(sp?) and that was the absolute worst.

Posted By: HaitianDiva64
Date Posted: Apr 11 2013 at 5:36am
I honestly think the only good black soaps are the big blocks that you get from africans all the others are most likely mixed with something

Posted By: thatChicDrine
Date Posted: Apr 12 2013 at 10:11am
YES! @ HaitianDiva64 .. i completely agree if its a block of soap thats best...if its liquid it should have like 4 ingredients 

Posted By: girlysquared
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 7:23pm
If you still rather use a bar soap I recommend Clear Essence Olive Oil Soap. It clears my sick of oil and it sincerely helped my acne. Also I had dark spots from previous acne breakouts and I've noticed those starting to fade using the Olive Oil Soap. My mom has been using their Carrot Oil soap and has noticed similar results. I never thought a bar soap would clear my acne and I'm usually more comfortable using liquids. 

Posted By: Shardd:)
Date Posted: Dec 15 2013 at 12:20pm
Yep that crap made me breakout too

Posted By: Cream1970
Date Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 2:30pm
Keep in mind, even Rx acne meds may cause an "Initial Breakout", which means that all the zits that are under your skin, that haven't come to the surface yet, are brought to the surface a lot sooner and at the same time. The skin is purging.

Sometimes, it gets worse before it gets better. The med/soap may not be causing the break out, simply accelerating the maturation of zits that were already forming where you couldn't see them.

Posted By: Ava BIN Badd
Date Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 2:41pm
I"ve been using the DUDU Osen black soap and i have noticed new cystic bumps on my face which I've never had before..

Posted By: KFORKARESS
Date Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 7:21pm
I used it and broke out. I now use a soap called "Grandmama Lye Soap". Its made of Lye and Lard.

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 3:21am
no i never have breakouts....it makes my skin shine like a flashlight though. thats what i hate about it.Angry

Posted By: Cream1970
Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 11:58am
Originally posted by KFORKARESS KFORKARESS wrote:

I used it and broke out. I now use a soap called "Grandmama Lye Soap". Its made of Lye and Lard.
My grandmother used to have lye soap. lol
She had beautiful skin though.

Lye is similiar to the mail ingredients in relaxers and hair removal creams. A great exfoliant, no doubt.

Posted By: OhMyCurlz
Date Posted: Mar 09 2014 at 1:06am
I hate black soap on my skin. It's abrasive and doesn't do much for acne in my opinion. 

I would recommend Kojie San soap. It will help get rid of blemishes too. Phisoderm Ph Cleansing wash is also AMAZING. This soap by itself helped me get rid of years of acting and balanced my sebum production to the point where I don't have acne issues anymore. It's mild too. 

Posted By: Selena12
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 3:16am
From what I’ve heard is that there might be a purging period where the dirt and bacteria in our skin is being pushed to the surface. It depends on how long you have been using it, if you have given it more than a few weeks it might just be something that your skin does not agree with. If you have only tried it a few days, I would recommend trying to it again and sticking with it.

Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 11:19am
Originally posted by Selena12 Selena12 wrote:

From what I’ve heard is that there might be a purging period where the dirt and bacteria in our skin is being pushed to the surface. It depends on how long you have been using it, if you have given it more than a few weeks it might just be something that your skin does not agree with. If you have only tried it a few days, I would recommend trying to it again and sticking with it.

Not in my case.  When I tried the Dudu Osun soap on my body, where I have no acne whatsoever, I was itching, rashing up with pus filled lesions.  I am not pressed to try the regular black soap because I found something that doesn't cause a reaction on my skin.

Posted By: achampongadjoa
Date Posted: May 09 2014 at 10:34pm
Black soap dries my skin but it works wonders for my friends!

Posted By: SunshineDiva
Date Posted: May 09 2014 at 10:45pm
i had a similar reaction to the black soap the one I got wasnt pure black soap but have you tried oil cleansing, as of lately i have been doing it and it is amazing

Print Page | Close Window