Forum Name: Oily Skin
Forum Description: Discussions on Oily Skin
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=32220
Printed Date: Dec 17 2017 at 10:58am

Topic: Cosmetics for oily skin?
Posted By: Lilaca
Subject: Cosmetics for oily skin?
Date Posted: Aug 11 2006 at 3:52am
    Whats the best cosmetic powder foundation or concealer have u used for oily skin?

Replies:
Posted By: hair-girlie
Date Posted: Sep 27 2006 at 11:31am
Rimmel stay matte powder and liquid foundation. I look out for anything that is oil-free.

Posted By: kittikat24
Date Posted: Oct 24 2006 at 3:45pm
I use Maybelline's pure.makeup liquid foundation. It's oil free, light, and doesn't leave any shine!

Posted By: DetroitGal929
Date Posted: Apr 24 2007 at 10:59am
As hair-girlie has said...you want to use products that are oil-free.
I highly recommend mineral makeup for oily skin...Ever since I started using mineral makeup I have less shine and fewer breakouts...
Glo Minerals
Bare Essentials
Powder foundation is much better for oily skin IMO.

Posted By: babyu21
Date Posted: Apr 30 2007 at 7:34pm
Bare Essentials is the truth.  I have very oily skin and it is the best powder I've ever used and to top it off it doesn't break me out even if I forget to take it off at night.

If you haven't tried it its well worth the money to order it. 

Posted By: NonKommon
Date Posted: May 23 2007 at 1:17pm
Physician's Formula is affordable and awesome!  The only drawback is the tones don't go as as deep into ethnic skin tones but it's still great.

Posted By: Sophie
Date Posted: May 31 2007 at 4:17pm
maybelliene has a good line as somebody mentioned before...PURE

I don't use the foundation...the powder touch-ups are sually enough

Posted By: queenk87
Date Posted: Jun 05 2007 at 6:30pm
I use loreal hip foundation.  It's oil free and works really well on my VERY oily skin.  I live in vegas, and even when I sweat it doesn't break me out.  As far as powder the black opal shine control powder is good, as well as loreal true match.

Posted By: Reservechic
Date Posted: Jun 06 2007 at 10:11pm
My 2 recommendations:

1)Bare Escentuals Powder Foundation
2)Milani Pressed Mineral Powder Foundation

They are the only two that I use now and would hate to ever run out of! Mineral makeup has changed my skin for the better! And I will never switch to using liquid or cream foundations ever again!

Posted By: ndavis
Date Posted: Jun 23 2007 at 5:34pm
I have to say some of the best make up I have found is the Bare Minerals..I have oily skin  and some dark marks and this helps with all that and does'nt look like your all made up and last a long time.

Posted By: dolcerenee
Date Posted: Aug 27 2007 at 3:04pm
I straddle between two concealers: Prescriptives and MAC
I also use Clinique T Zone Matte on my most oily area on my face, my nose
Then I follow up with MAC Blot Powder

Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Aug 28 2007 at 3:39am
i use Maybelline Pure line too and my skin loves and it very light feel

Posted By: reeweegee
Date Posted: Aug 30 2007 at 1:33pm
I work as a freelance makeup artist for 3 different lines as a side hustle and am a make up junkie.  So if it's a foundation for cocoa skinned women, I've probably tried it before.

Priming my partially oily, acne prone skin has been the most effective way to prepare it for any oil free nonacnegenic makeup I use.  Exfoliation, treatments, serums, appropriate day & nighttime moisturizers and masks make a HUGE difference in the look and feel of my skin, as well as how foundation looks on it.  That said, I use MAC Studio Fix, Studio Tech, Studio Fix Fluid, Studio Stick, Blot Loose and Pressed Powders as my primary foundations. Their foundations have a silica ingredient that really reflects light well and softens the way my skin looks, thus hiding dark marks from acne.  Definitely the best I've ever used and match more skin tones of color.  Let me also say, I do not work for MAC.

I tried HIP but wasn't too happy.  Still have it so might try again.  I believe Bare Minerals made my skin itch and break out but I might try it again.  Philosophy Supernatural is a great concept but the color isn't quite a match for my skin in the summer.   I plan to try Iman Second to None Luminous Stick Foundation.

Posted By: DarknLovely13
Date Posted: Sep 11 2007 at 11:03pm
I use Peter Thomas Roth Max Anti-Shine Mattifying Gel...you can use it under any foundation or alone...it helps control the oil...recently I bought Per-fekt foundation and primer in one...it feel nice and it is not greasy...it also has a lot of anti-oxidents...so it is good for your skin...

Posted By: mytime
Date Posted: Dec 29 2007 at 10:32am
SmileI ONLY USE IMAN FOUNDATION, PRESSED POWDER, BUT I FELL IN LOVE WITH HER LUMINIOUS FOUNDATION YOU CAN WEAR IT WET OR DRY,  I STILL GET A GOOD COVERAGE EITHER WAY.  YOU CAN GET HER MAKEUP AT SOME WALGREENS AND WAL-MART.  I DO HAVE HER OIL-CONTROL SERUM THA'TS PRETTY GOOD TOO.

I MAY CHECK OUT  MAC, I HEAR SO MUCH ABOUT IT.

Posted By: C.Nicole
Date Posted: Jan 15 2008 at 12:37am
Clinique, will keep suck that oil up so quick, you woulda though it was a vacumn. They have foundations and powders just for us oilies... Love Em  ClapClap

Posted By: yellalady08
Date Posted: Jan 15 2008 at 4:27pm
I've tried Bare Minerals and I did notice I had fewer breakouts while using it. However, my skin is warmer in tone, and the powders were too dull looking for my skin. I switched to Amazing Cosmetics and I like it alot.  It has hints of gold in it. Not just a flat color.

Posted By: *braidbeauty*
Date Posted: Jan 15 2008 at 11:30pm
mac studio fix and powder have been the most effective, although I have not tried too many brands so there could be better. But I don't get a blatent shine and my face looks fresh and smooth when I wear it. I get a lot of compliments.

whatever u do, stay away from black opal. it works for some, but for me, my skin has never looked more oily than after a few hours of wearing their foundation.

Posted By: NYDee
Date Posted: Jan 17 2008 at 10:48am
Nothing seems to work for me. The shine always comes back in few minutes:(

Posted By: NYDee
Date Posted: Jan 17 2008 at 10:56am
Foundation on my skin looks messy, I have uneven tone on my face. They always give me a darker tone because of that but I end up not being able to use cos I look funny with it.

Posted By: May13baby
Date Posted: Mar 08 2008 at 1:22am
I have tried MAC Clinique Bare Minerals Loreal Maybeline Queen Collection  Mary Kay and some others and nothing absolutely nothing has managed to keep my face from becoming greasy. I have tried powders, liquids, and creams. I don't hav any trouble finding colors that blend perfectly with my skin tone.  My face just always gets greasy with or without makeup.

Posted By: May13baby
Date Posted: Mar 08 2008 at 1:26am
I carry around a trail size box of kleenex which works for eliminating shine

Posted By: ruserious
Date Posted: May 08 2008 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by May13baby May13baby wrote:

I have tried MAC Clinique Bare Minerals Loreal Maybeline Queen Collection  Mary Kay and some others and nothing absolutely nothing has managed to keep my face from becoming greasy. I have tried powders, liquids, and creams. I don't hav any trouble finding colors that blend perfectly with my skin tone.  My face just always gets greasy with or without makeup.

I feel you. This is me. I sell Mary Kay and have tired everything!!! I thank God for the back of my handLOL. Within 1hr I'm shining like new moneyCry

Posted By: FATIMA6830
Date Posted: May 09 2008 at 10:50am
Bare Minerals if you have no marks on your skin and dont need alot of cover-up or concealer.

Mary Kay medium coverage foundation if you do.

Posted By: caramelly
Date Posted: May 12 2008 at 5:50pm
I like using cover up from a line called Cover FX.  I really like this specific product because of it's quality (lasts a long time), and especially because it has a good variety of tones for women of colour. 

I found that this product worked even better (for me) when I invested in a better daily moisturizer.  I used to have pretty bad oily skin lol.  So if anyone wants I can show you some pics of me now and before so you get a better idea of what kind of skin I had and have now :)

Posted By: LadyBird
Date Posted: May 19 2008 at 10:31am
I find that i can only use the Covergirl Queen Collection face powders. I have oily skin but everything else irritates my skin...i get this burning feeling like in the creases of my nose and around my cheekbones....I tried Bare Escentuals...but it stings my face too.

I haven't tried MAC's powders yet....im afraid to use them!

Posted By: SEXYMAMA
Date Posted: May 23 2008 at 7:53pm
i only use Covergirl Queen Collection. I finally found a line that match my complexionBig%20smile. Nothing else work for me.

Posted By: crysm2k
Date Posted: May 25 2008 at 7:28pm
I use this hide and clear acne treatment kit I ordered from avon. The only prob is I think its discontinued b/c I'm running low and haven't seen it in any of the recent catalogs. It contains the ingred salicylic acid which helps w/ healing a breakout bump.

Posted By: JMilz86
Date Posted: May 25 2008 at 10:02pm
So far MAC has been doing the trick for me. I have an extremely oily tzone!

Date Posted: May 29 2008 at 1:29pm
I'm really oily and I want to get some Bare Mineral. The lady was so nice at Sephora and told me to try Make up Forever. OMG this off the chain. Well worth the $32.

Posted By: Lomm
Date Posted: May 30 2008 at 1:57am

I use Clinique and its working pretty well.

Posted By: urbanista
Date Posted: Jun 09 2008 at 7:54pm
I use Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder. It's a little pricey at $28 but it's well worth it.

Posted By: likecandee
Date Posted: Jun 12 2008 at 7:24am
Bare Escentuals and other mineral makeup products.

Posted By: Lovey99
Date Posted: Jun 13 2008 at 8:30pm
I use Makeup Forever All Mat---It is the TRUTH!!  I have oil slicks on my skin and upon application, the oil is absorbed!

Date Posted: Jun 16 2008 at 11:14am
Originally posted by Lovey99 Lovey99 wrote:

I use Makeup Forever All Mat---It is the TRUTH!!  I have oil slicks on my skin and upon application, the oil is absorbed!

ITA!!!!

Posted By: Miss ViVi
Date Posted: Jun 16 2008 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by DetroitGal929 DetroitGal929 wrote:

As hair-girlie has said...you want to use products that are oil-free.
I highly recommend mineral makeup for oily skin...Ever since I started using mineral makeup I have less shine and fewer breakouts...
Glo Minerals
Bare Essentials
Powder foundation is much better for oily skin IMO.

I gotta check out mineral make-up

Posted By: marieeugene
Date Posted: Jun 28 2008 at 1:45am
I use Buffd minerals....Huge difference...

Posted By: kurvalyshous
Date Posted: Jul 01 2008 at 10:25pm
I use mineral foundation powder:

Zinc Oxide is a key ingredient in mineral makeup for its beneficial capabilities of treating acne prone, inflamed, and irritated skin. Titanium Dioxide is also an important ingredient because of its ability to provide sun protection to the skin. The Silk Powder & Mica ingredients impart a soft focus effect that creates a natural, healthy, and youthful glow that instantly fills facial lines to reduce the appearance of wrinkles. These powders are absorbed into the skin and help control the effects of oily skin, for a shine-free, matte glow that visibly smoothes the skin and refines its texture.

Posted By: mzhoneythang
Date Posted: Jul 08 2008 at 10:19am
i recently started using covergirl trublend powder foundation with minerals and that is MOST DEFINITELY what i'll be using from now on, i was using maybelline pure liquid foundation and it didn't do anything for me, i came home from work yesterday and it looked like i put crisco all over my face, and that was only 3 hours after i had used three blotting sheets to take the oil off my face!

Posted By: Tameka28
Date Posted: Jul 23 2008 at 10:17pm

Trublend liquid foundation matches my skin PERFECTY so I'm gonna try the mineral powder. I'm sure that'll be better for my skin.

Posted By: GoodKarma4me
Date Posted: Aug 04 2008 at 4:32pm
Bare Essentials all the way!Tongue

Posted By: *braidbeauty*
Date Posted: Aug 10 2008 at 10:28am
just to update, I have stopped using mac because it does not help with shine and often breaks me out. I wanted to try mineral make up but the woman at sephora suggesed makeup make up forever, saying mineral makeup doesn't blend well with darker skin tones. I like it, but it doesn't completely stop the shine, however it doesn't cause me to break out. That said, I think I'm just going to focus on clearing up my complexion so I don't need to wear foundation. It just doesn't work for me and I prefer to not have to wear it.

Posted By: SCARLETT
Date Posted: Aug 14 2008 at 8:15am
I use Studio Fix from Mac which is a full coverage power foundation.
If applied with a sponge it can look a little divaish.

But I apply it with a large brush, and it gives a lovely finish which you can build to the correct level of coverage.
Used in conjunction with blot powder, I rarely shine anymore.

Date Posted: Aug 14 2008 at 3:15pm
the only bad thing about trublend minerals is that it only comes in like....6 shades, so i got the one that matched me the closest, i look a little ghostly under bright light, but i think the next shade might be too dark.

Posted By: melvytx
Date Posted: Aug 20 2008 at 3:26am
I have tried bare minerals but I wasn't crazy about. I like mac studio fix & blot powder but both still leaves me oily. Lately, I've been using Estee Lauder Double Matte powder. I still see a slight trace of oil but this makeup really works with my skin & tone.

Posted By: Lomm
Date Posted: Aug 20 2008 at 5:16am
Clinique true compact something.. too lazy to check. its what i use.

Posted By: gemofagirl
Date Posted: Sep 05 2008 at 5:29pm
Right now I am using mary kay loose mineral powder it is ok my skin mainly the t zone is extremely oily so nothing keeps me  oil free all dy however I recenty ordered some matte chance  it is  an oil mattifying lotion from MARK it's a line from avon anyhoo it seems to help when I use this over my daily moisterizer which is oil of olay for sensetive skin spf 15. I also love Iman's pressed powder I have been using that forever I actually saw her when she toured and launched the line this powder is really good and I have tried clinique,black opal ,and others this was the best to me.

Posted By: aquariangirl
Date Posted: Jan 06 2009 at 1:30pm
I've looked through this entire post and didn't see the new love of my makeup bag mentioned:  Smashbox, ladies it's the truth and I've been a MAC queen for quite sometime and have tried everything in between.  The Smashbox mineral makeup is called Halo Hydyating, you can wear this alone or over foundation.  unlike BareEsentials, this makeup absorbs into your skin and doesn't sit on top of it or cake up!  I wanted to go back to the store and kiss the man's feet who sold it to me.  It's pricey but worth it!  I use it with the creme to powder foundation and the concealer.  The anti shine also really helps to control shine.  My skin is SUPER DUPER oily and breaks out a lot, after using the Halo Hydryating mineral makeup, my skin is thanking me for the switch from MAC!!!Clap

Date Posted: Jan 24 2009 at 12:19pm
i know it's late, but the only thing that works for me is cover girl freshlook powder, i use the translucent honey shade so it gives my skin a nice tone, but you can't tell i have makeup on. keeps the shine at bay the best out of everything i've tried, liquid just looks cakey on me.

Posted By: vanity1
Date Posted: Jan 30 2009 at 11:59am
Originally posted by mytime mytime wrote:

SmileI ONLY USE IMAN FOUNDATION, PRESSED POWDER, BUT I FELL IN LOVE WITH HER LUMINIOUS FOUNDATION YOU CAN WEAR IT WET OR DRY,  I STILL GET A GOOD COVERAGE EITHER WAY.  YOU CAN GET HER MAKEUP AT SOME WALGREENS AND WAL-MART.  I DO HAVE HER OIL-CONTROL SERUM THA'TS PRETTY GOOD TOO.

I MAY CHECK OUT  MAC, I HEAR SO MUCH ABOUT IT.

I love that foundation...i have tried many but I always go back to this one.

Mac makes me look orange...but I love their lipsticks, eyeshadows and brow compacts..

Date Posted: Feb 02 2009 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by marieeugene marieeugene wrote:

I use Buffd minerals....Huge difference...

I just checked their website...trying to decide which color...I never knew their were so many mineral make ups.

Date Posted: Feb 02 2009 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by aquariangirl aquariangirl wrote:

I've looked through this entire post and didn't see the new love of my makeup bag mentioned:  Smashbox, ladies it's the truth and I've been a MAC queen for quite sometime and have tried everything in between.  The Smashbox mineral makeup is called Halo Hydyating, you can wear this alone or over foundation.  unlike BareEsentials, this makeup absorbs into your skin and doesn't sit on top of it or cake up!  I wanted to go back to the store and kiss the man's feet who sold it to me.  It's pricey but worth it!  I use it with the creme to powder foundation and the concealer.  The anti shine also really helps to control shine.  My skin is SUPER DUPER oily and breaks out a lot, after using the Halo Hydryating mineral makeup, my skin is thanking me for the switch from MAC!!!Clap

THis is what i need for the hot weather in florida....if his makes you want to kiss the mans feet...now I know that might be worth it....ClapClap

Did you get this at sephora...might go their for a sample..

Posted By: Denny56
Date Posted: Mar 01 2009 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by reeweegee reeweegee wrote:

I work as a freelance makeup artist for 3 different lines as a side hustle and am a make up junkie.  So if it's a foundation for cocoa skinned women, I've probably tried it before.

Priming my partially oily, acne prone skin has been the most effective way to prepare it for any oil free nonacnegenic makeup I use.  Exfoliation, treatments, serums, appropriate day & nighttime moisturizers and masks make a HUGE difference in the look and feel of my skin, as well as how foundation looks on it.  That said, I use MAC Studio Fix, Studio Tech, Studio Fix Fluid, Studio Stick, Blot Loose and Pressed Powders as my primary foundations. Their foundations have a silica ingredient that really reflects light well and softens the way my skin looks, thus hiding dark marks from acne.  Definitely the best I've ever used and match more skin tones of color.  Let me also say, I do not work for MAC.

I tried HIP but wasn't too happy.  Still have it so might try again.  I believe Bare Minerals made my skin itch and break out but I might try it again.  Philosophy Supernatural is a great concept but the color isn't quite a match for my skin in the summer.   I plan to try Iman Second to None Luminous Stick Foundation.

ITA - you  must cleanse, treat, exfoliate, and moisturize oily skin with approiate AM/PM products.

Mineral make-up has been working well on my very oily skin.

Posted By: jack2009
Date Posted: Apr 21 2009 at 12:10am

Posted By: jack2009
Date Posted: Apr 21 2009 at 12:12am

NatrolŪ products are manufactured with the objective to provide necessary nourishment to the human body and mind, and thus encourage sound health for their customers.

--------------
http://www.ukflooringdirect.co.uk/Engineered_Wood_Flooring/Walnut_Engineered_Flooring.htm" rel="no follow - Engineered Walnut Flooring
http://www.mysofabeds.co.uk" rel="no follow - Sofa Beds

Posted By: boomboompow
Date Posted: Apr 23 2009 at 5:48pm
All the products mentioned so far are good quality and are pretty good. Obviously some will be better than others depending on the person, their skin, etc. One suggestion I have would be maybe see if you can get samples at various makeup counters. Sometimes stores will do that and if you're lucky they might even demonstrate on you. Hopefully the results would be good but you could always wait until you're ready to leave and if you didn't like the results you could wash it off as soon as you leave the store and/or get home! Yea kinda sounds a little corny I guess but hey if we can get samples why not?!

Posted By: stasi3209
Date Posted: Apr 26 2009 at 8:39am
I've noticed when I wear powder foundation and concealer, my face breaks out awful. Lately I haven't even been wearing anything to let my skin clear up some.

I think I am gonna try some of the mineral products that you all suggested. Thanks for the tips!

Posted By: beautifuldolce
Date Posted: May 08 2009 at 5:38pm
I use MAC'S foundations when I feel I need the coverage. However, my holy grail of foundations is PRESCRIPTIVES TRACELESS. I have tried PRESCRIPTIVES for concealer...but MAC beats them out in my opinion.

Posted By: cityvixen
Date Posted: May 08 2009 at 10:27pm
I don't know what it is , but every foundation makes my skin feel heavy and oily.

Posted By: dynamite23
Date Posted: May 09 2009 at 10:15pm
I tend not to wear any makeup on my oily skin. I exfoliate, moisturize and call it a day

Posted By: siMple_pleasurZ
Date Posted: May 11 2009 at 11:00am
I went BareEscentuals and I'm never going back.  It gives you a beutiful airbrushed finish.  The mineral veil can be used with or without the foundation for oil control and if you're super oily like me and have breakthrough, you can blot with out removing the makeup. 

One thing I don't miss is my makeup running by 10 am.

Posted By: siMple_pleasurZ
Date Posted: May 11 2009 at 11:04am
Originally posted by yellalady08 yellalady08 wrote:

I've tried Bare Minerals and I did notice I had fewer breakouts while using it. However, my skin is warmer in tone, and the powders were too dull looking for my skin. I switched to Amazing Cosmetics and I like it alot.  It has hints of gold in it. Not just a flat color.

They have fixed that ish hallelujah!  That was a problem I was having when I started using it a few years ago.  They now have foundations perfect for skin with warm undertones.

Posted By: boomboompow
Date Posted: May 15 2009 at 11:38pm
I'm going to try the MAC foundation to see how it works on my skin as a concealer.  Thanks for the tip!

Posted By: africanbeauty10
Date Posted: Aug 03 2009 at 8:38pm
I want to try mineral foundation next. I only use powder foundations so ill probably try bareescentuals or bare minerals next

Posted By: sexich33ks
Date Posted: Aug 18 2009 at 1:34am
bump

Posted By: Bambii
Date Posted: Aug 18 2009 at 2:06pm
Hey, i cant post topics so i'm just gonna ask
my question here; does anybody know a quick
way to get rid or RINGWORM?Unhappy

Posted By: GoodKarma4me
Date Posted: Aug 18 2009 at 6:22pm
You can only post a topic when you have more than 50 post Bambii. Not sure what is the remedy for ringworm. You can ask this question in the health section to get a more helpful response i think. HTH

Posted By: pretty_14u
Date Posted: Sep 18 2009 at 11:11pm
esteee lauders double wear liquid which is oil free... clinques superbalanced which controls oil

and setting your liquid foundation with a loose powder

Posted By: IslandSuga
Date Posted: Sep 22 2009 at 11:05am
I want to wear foundation from time to time but I'm so afraid of breaking out. I usually just go out bare faced but my oily skin wreaks havoc and I'm a greasy mess within a few hours. I'm trying to go the natural route and not have to wear foundation, but sometimes you just wanna make yourself up. I'm trying to find a natural way to take care of my oily skin, but I have yet to find it, hopefully soon though.

Posted By: sunshine321511
Date Posted: Sep 26 2009 at 8:22pm
I also wear makeup forever (MUFE) mattifying liquid foundation in a color 70 and it for me is the best I have tried so far.  I have purchased several over the counter and MAC Tech and MUFU just looks the best.

But take a minute to check on the following site = http://www.makeupartistschoice.com" rel="no follow - www.makeupartistschoice.com    they sell a series of products for oily skin in the area of washes and serums to use. They have a product called beta hydroxy serum which reduces the production of oil.  I use it at night.  YOu have to readup on it. 

also try http://www.platinumskincare.com" rel="no follow - www.platinumskincare.com    I have purchased several peels in low dosages which have made a difference in my oily skin.  From this site I also purchased the glycolic facial wash which helps for oily skin and acne.

A product that made a big difference in my skin and the removal of makeup is the Clarisonic cleaning system.  I purchased mine from http://www.qvc.com" rel="no follow - www.qvc.com and paid it on an easy pay - little each month on your credit card type plan.  I was hesistant for a very long time but this item does work especially since I am prown to breakout.  I hardly break out and I know it is due to getting all the makeup OFF my face...so my prescriptions can truly work.

Posted By: Dakotablu
Date Posted: Sep 27 2009 at 2:37pm
I have worn Milani (its a bronzer oil absorber) for years but am going to try mac

Posted By: iid0rk
Date Posted: Dec 28 2009 at 11:38pm
I would have to say MUFE HD foundation and the translucent powder are really good. After I apply my foundation and the powder I never have to reapply the powder

Posted By: iid0rk
Date Posted: Dec 28 2009 at 11:41pm
ITA, I don't wear foundation as much as I used to but when I did I used many but MUFE HD was my favorite. I now wear foundation when I go clubbing or something really special. But to help with my oiliness when I'm not wearing foundation, I use a toner, moisturize (oil free), and use my MUFE HD translucent powder and it really helps. I don't get oily and my skin feels really smooth

Posted By: lovelove
Date Posted: Mar 06 2010 at 9:48am
they say to use liquid foundations.which is ironic to me

Posted By: NaturallyDivine
Date Posted: Mar 16 2010 at 9:50pm
I have learned to embrace my oily skin and have come to love it because I love the dewy look of my skin. My day foundation is Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer spf 20. Night foundation is Make Up ForEver HD (liquid) and I dust with M.A.C Mineralize Skinfinish Natural which keeps my skin dry with a glow the entire night. I personal dislike the matte look on me so..my oil is my own dew...lol! However, I do plan on trying M.A.C Oil Control Lotion.

Posted By: MilionDollaGirL
Date Posted: Mar 28 2010 at 5:45pm
i use bare minerals primer and powder foundation helps keep the make up on longer and for my eye lids since they are very oily i use urban decay primer for the eyelid and this helps to keep my eye shadown on for hours a good 8 hours if you want to get technical..

Posted By: ilovepink
Date Posted: Jul 29 2010 at 3:53pm
Definitely Clinique, they specialize in products for oily skin.

Posted By: PtownSublime
Date Posted: Jul 29 2010 at 6:30pm
I've stuck with bare minerals for 5+ years now and it works really well with my oily skin.

I also use Proactivs "Daily Oil Control" and "Mattifying Gel"under my foundation and I can go oil free for most of the day without touch ups!

Origins makes a really good moisturizer called Zero Oil...its water based and super lightweight. I use it daily too!

Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: Jan 01 2011 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by Lilaca Lilaca wrote:

Whats the best cosmetic powder foundation or concealer have u used for oily skin?

Here is my suggestions:
Black Radiance Mineral makeup
Cover FX powder foundation

Posted By: traccy
Date Posted: Feb 12 2011 at 9:29pm
 you are clean oil skin o use oil free products. keep your ski very clean.limit washing your face to two or three times a day.use hot water than washing your face. to clean face excess oil use a clay on mud mask.

http://how-to-jump-higher.yourhealthorbit.com/" rel="nofollow - ways to jump higher
http://bodybuilding-tips.yourhealthorbit.com/" rel="nofollow - bodybuilding workouts

Posted By: DarkBrown
Date Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 4:42am
great ideas

-------------
A man falls in love through his eyes, a woman through her ears.

Posted By: margaritahh
Date Posted: Aug 06 2011 at 10:08am
Cliniqic has a good pressed powder foundation but it's too matte for me. It's called Stay Matte.

Idk if anyone mentioned this but milk of magnesia has been working miracles for me. I went to a party last week that was a sweat fest. Parts of my body I didn't could sweat was sweating (my poor thighs) but my face remains the same, no sweat no oil. Sooo right now I don't worry about if the makeup is going to cause me to be oiling cause I have M.O.M. The bad part is it's hard for me to wash my makeup off at the end of the night.

Posted By: PurplePumps
Date Posted: Aug 06 2011 at 10:17am
I really wanna try Bare Minerals powder.  I'm kinda getting over the liquid foundation and want my skin to breathe a little bit.

-------------
No additional f*cks shall be given until further notice. -DeliciouslyWeird

NL--{SL}--APL--BSB--MBL--WL--HL--TBL

Posted By: miana79
Date Posted: Aug 17 2011 at 2:26pm
Bare minerals sounds like it is worth trying!

Posted By: DarkBrown
Date Posted: Oct 19 2011 at 7:00am
Originally posted by miana79 miana79 wrote:

Bare minerals sounds like it is worth trying!

agree

-------------
A man falls in love through his eyes, a woman through her ears.

Posted By: Elsa Tobin
Date Posted: Dec 05 2011 at 1:55am
i also do wanan know 

Posted By: mzbsweetz
Date Posted: Dec 16 2011 at 7:14pm
Cliniqic has nothing to match my shade, Bare minerals looks dull on my skin.. the queen collection by cover girl matches perfect but still leves me oily. im gonna try fashion fair's stick foundation before i go to mac. i just dont like my face feeling heavy. if all else fails..im going to air brush my make up!

Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: Jan 03 2012 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by malindablas malindablas wrote:

The great advantage of oily skin is that it ages at a slower rate than other skin types.Oily skin needs special cleansing with plenty of hot water and soap to prevent the pores from being clogged. Avoid harsh products that strip your skin of oil and encourage flakiness. They can cause a reaction known as reactive seborrhoea, where the oil glands work overtime to compensate for the loss of natural oils.

Hot water and soap?  Unless the soap has a pH level of 5.5, I can't cosign with this but if it works for others, I will gladly stand aside and let others take this advice.  Heck I heard some folks use Dawn liquid dishwashing soap to control the oil.

If mineral foundation does not help, try using a concealer and setting powder.  Just cover the dark areas, blend and set with powder.

-------------
Laws are not written to protect children and women. They are written to protect MEN. - TokyoRose (truncated unfortunately)

Posted By: ManeMessDeux
Date Posted: Apr 01 2012 at 11:30pm
I currently use Bare Minerals and my skin is either really dry in some areas or is very extra oily in others. My make up does not last and find that I am glistening an hour so two later :(

Posted By: lacc06
Date Posted: Apr 13 2012 at 10:40pm
I just wanted to give to trick to anyone who wants to try. I have tried several different make up brands and never really found one that controlled the shine (oiliness) completey. I have recently joined the BE wagon only because I found my perfect shade in there matte fondation. BE controls most of the shine but not all.

So here is my trick I found this gel at sephora years ago when I was looking for a primer during for make up trial and error.

Here is the link:
http://www.sephora.com/anti-shine-mattifying-gel-P21170 - http://www.sephora.com/anti-shine-mattifying-gel-P21170

It is a miracle worker for me!!!! Love it!!

You can apply it under or over your make up

Posted By: naturalskincarer
Date Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 5:00am
I using my oily skin is.
1 teaspoon arrowroot powder,
3 drops lavender or tea tree oil,
1 tablespoon honey
Blend ingredients well and apply to cleansed skin.  Leave on for 5 to 10 minutes and then rinse off.

Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 5:36am
I have been using Mac Select Cover up concealor for under my eyes and Mac Studio Finish for blemishes.  For powder, I use either Clinique Stay Matte or Mac Studio Fix powder

-------------

Posted By: sabellamarconi
Date Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 12:15am
I used many skin care products for my oily skin but Obagi-C Rx C-Clarifying Serum only works for me.It
reduce the visible effects of age spots on my face and  it gradually brightens and evens skin tone.

Posted By: AlisonClarke
Date Posted: Apr 25 2013 at 6:25am
I have an oil skin. Whatever product I used to apply gave me pimples and eventually scars. I was so frustrated. Every week I used to find new pimple on my face. That seemed so gross.

Later I changed my skin care product. I now prefer products with vitamin E and no oily base.

Tips: Wash your face often. Don't apply soap, use wash-face and gently clean your face with a soft towel.

---
http://www.skinrx4less.com/ - obagi nu derm starter kit

Posted By: Bribby
Date Posted: Apr 27 2013 at 12:15am
Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

I have been using Mac Select Cover up concealor for under my eyes and Mac Studio Finish for blemishes.  For powder, I use either Clinique Stay Matte or Mac Studio Fix powder

I really want to try the Mac Studio Fix Plus Foundation, I hear stuff about Clinique as well I've used a liquid foundation I don't really feel they took the time to match me up. Which powder did you like best? I really want to get the Mac I hope they have my color. 

Posted By: AlisonClarke
Date Posted: May 27 2013 at 1:08am
For Dry skin,do'nt apply soad directly on the face. Use gently face wash for dry skin.

http://www.skinrx4less.com - obagi nu derm starter kit

Posted By: rohanjain
Date Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 7:19am
The best product for oily skin and to control the oil from face is SPF 15 face powder.

Posted By: rohanjain
Date Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 7:20am
To control the oil from face the best and suitable product is SPF 15 face powder.

Posted By: Giom54878963
Date Posted: May 20 2014 at 7:36am
Good cream is available from pure chimp.
Their super face cream is great and I like its effect.

Posted By: moarsauce
Date Posted: Aug 23 2014 at 1:46am
nars sheer matte foundation

Print Page | Close Window