Print Page | Close Window

How long will you stay on bhm/hairboards?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Hair Care
Forum Name: Hair Growth
Forum Description: Hair Growth issues, solutions, and discussions.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=319060
Printed Date: Aug 21 2018 at 5:13pm

Topic: How long will you stay on bhm/hairboards?
Posted By: bellacnella
Subject: How long will you stay on bhm/hairboards?
Date Posted: Aug 18 2011 at 2:42am
How long do you think you will visit hair boards?

I can see myself visiting these boards for about another year or so.  For a variety of reasons. 
I think I will have reached my hair goals by then.  I think hair will have become boring to me and I am tired of seeing some of the trolls (well mostly in other sections). 

How about you guys?

-------------
http://public.fotki.com/bellacnella18/

Replies:
Posted By: Blue1206
Date Posted: Aug 18 2011 at 3:27am
I think I'd always drop by to see what's new and try to encourage others

-------------
Current Length: SL
My site:
http://shaystouch.wordpress.com/

x Perfectly Imperfect x

Posted By: AllMixedUp88
Date Posted: Aug 18 2011 at 3:32am
I've learned a lot... It's getting boring.

It saddens me to see all the haters in the world....

... hate on random azz sh*t
someone growing their hair long in a yr
sexuality
the color or lack there of someone's skin
weight
clothes
cars
being a hoe
not being a hoe

I srsly think 97% of the people have to be trolling or else they're effing retarded. 
it's just too much... 
I only watch 4 t.v. shows bc it's too much for me to keep up with 

too much and im already having enough drama with Charlie Sheen not being on 2 1/2 Men.. it's just too much for me... 

-------------
http://www.vote4bombshell2.blogspot.com

Posted By: Lilacflower1988
Date Posted: Aug 18 2011 at 4:10am
Probably 2 more years. I have a twa right now. That's why.

Posted By: kandi*tess
Date Posted: Aug 18 2011 at 4:39am
Good question. I usually come and go, so I'm not sure when I'll leave.

-------------
"Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut because you're on a diet"

Posted By: alaysha
Date Posted: Aug 18 2011 at 7:56am
Forever if I have the time. When I have long luscious gorgeous shiny healthy hair I wanna help others and try to add to the resources here, y'know? 

Posted By: daretobe
Date Posted: Aug 18 2011 at 8:19am
as long as it's up I guess, I want to reach my goal length mbl/wl and then also share my tips with others :)

Posted By: eleisha26
Date Posted: Aug 18 2011 at 8:26am
as long as i keep learning new info from this board..i will keep coming. i try not to pay attention to any of the bafoonery on here, just get my info,share info,and dip lol.

-------------

Posted By: Nicole38
Date Posted: Aug 18 2011 at 8:29am
As long as it is up. I wanna reach my hair goals as well as help someone reach theirs.

Posted By: .black.sassi.
Date Posted: Aug 18 2011 at 10:28am
Originally posted by Nicole38 Nicole38 wrote:

As long as it is up. I wanna reach my hair goals as well as help someone reach theirs.

Yup.

I'm expanding my blog too, so I'm always looking for new topics to research and talk about.  The forums give me good ideas.

-------------
Certified BHM Troster.

My hair blog: http://hautepinkheels.blogspot.com

NL--{SL}--APL--BSB--MBL--WL--HL--TBL

Posted By: caiomhe
Date Posted: Aug 18 2011 at 11:23am
I can see myself visiting for quite awhile. Maybe not posting as much, but seeing if there is anything new to learn. Also, I'd like to help people just starting out.

Posted By: SimplyME.
Date Posted: Aug 18 2011 at 11:36am
I think I will stay until I make WL.

After 2012, I probably won't be on the BHM anymore. However, I will continue to grow my hair to HL!

I might change my mind and stay until I make HL, if the growth section picks up.

Posted By: Marzgreen
Date Posted: Aug 18 2011 at 3:12pm
I'd like to say even after ive reached my hair goal i'll still be here spreading words of wisdom but that would be Lie.
Its probably another 2 -3 years for me . If the world dont end in 2012.

Date Posted: Aug 18 2011 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by Marzgreen Marzgreen wrote:

I'd like to say even after ive reached my hair goal i'll still be here spreading words of wisdom but that would be Lie.

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

world wont end in 2012 dear, unfortunately.

LOL

-------------

Posted By: Marzgreen
Date Posted: Aug 18 2011 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by bellacnella bellacnella wrote:

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

LOL

LOL
Unfortunately ?? Im hoping that was a speeling mistake

Posted By: LegendaryLady83
Date Posted: Aug 18 2011 at 3:53pm
I probably would still come to BHM after I make my hair goal.  This place can be entertaining.  Plus, I hear about several news stories here first versus in the newspaper, LOL.  

-------------

Date Posted: Aug 18 2011 at 4:40pm
After a little more deliberation, I will probably leave the hair forums after July '12.

After lurking over at this other forum today, I realized that the forums have changed a lot since I joined or began lurking. There's just so much drama.

All the hair veterans seems to have left or will be leaving and now there's just hair drama queens left. I am sick of this whole relaxed vs. natural crap. There's more drama than hair progress pics, hair challenges, etc.

Why do most women feel the need to concern their selves with someone else's hair method? Everyone on these hair forums have one thing in common (whether relaxed or natural) and that is growing healthy, long hair. These forums are just not the same. Smh.

Anyways, sorry for venting in the thread. I just wanted to give my reason behind leaving.

Posted By: so_GLAM
Date Posted: Aug 18 2011 at 4:44pm
10yrs plusTongue

Posted By: Burbujas
Date Posted: Aug 18 2011 at 4:47pm
Not sure, I guess time will tell.

Posted By: Lolliren
Date Posted: Aug 18 2011 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by SimplyME. SimplyME. wrote:

After a little more deliberation, I will probably leave the hair forums after July '12.

After lurking over at this other forum today, I realized that the forums have changed a lot since I joined or began lurking. There's just so much drama.

All the hair veterans seems to have left or will be leaving and now there's just hair drama queens left. I am sick of this whole relaxed vs. natural crap. There's more drama than hair progress pics, hair challenges, etc.

Why do most women feel the need to concern their selves with someone else's hair method? Everyone on these hair forums have one thing in common (whether relaxed or natural) and that is growing healthy, long hair. These forums are just not the same. Smh.

Anyways, sorry for venting in the thread. I just wanted to give my reason behind leaving.

why dont you just leave now?

-------------

Date Posted: Aug 18 2011 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by Lolliren Lolliren wrote:

Because she is awesome and I love her.

-------------

Date Posted: Aug 18 2011 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by Lolliren Lolliren wrote:

Uhh, because I chose July '12.

Nah, because I still have a lot of questions that I know I will need answered. I'm a bottomless pit of questions when it comes to my hair.

I think I will be confident enough to leave the forum by then. So, for now, I will tolerate the drama.

Date Posted: Aug 18 2011 at 5:06pm
Thanks, Bella!
Ily, too and your hair!

Posted By: 2coreysluvum
Date Posted: Aug 18 2011 at 5:20pm

Maybe just another year...

I been here for quite sometime and seen my share of craziness and well I know I can just not look at it or ignore the craziness and trolling...but it is distracting to those of us who are really here to learn and teach each other... so I dont post much at all...hence the reason I am still just a Jr. after being here since 2006!

-------------
www.fotki.com/2coreysluvum
Bald and beautiful!
#teamNatural

Posted By: flwonline
Date Posted: Aug 18 2011 at 5:50pm
Good question...
after reaching my hair goals, I may venture out into other areas of the forum - actually, I already have. I think I'll always come back to check in or to help a newbie or something. Once you're a sister here, you really can't stay away for long b/c there's too much to learn in a lifetime.

Posted By: hername
Date Posted: Aug 18 2011 at 6:07pm
i really dont know

-------------
A woman's heart should be so hidden in God that a man has to seek Him in order to find her.

Posted By: NataleeC
Date Posted: Aug 18 2011 at 7:38pm
Even after I've reached all my goals. Some members here have really helped me; they provided tips, were very friendly, and solved some of my hair problems. I wanna exemplify their behaviour by being the same to other noobs. :)

Posted By: babyk94
Date Posted: Aug 18 2011 at 9:09pm
Probably Forever lol I learn something new everytime I come on here

Posted By: bajanbklyngirl
Date Posted: Aug 18 2011 at 9:19pm
I have no idea. As long as I have the time. I don't really come here for hair advice anymore. I come to help newbies and look at the f*ckery in the TTT section.

I imagine myself getting busier when I graduate college.

If anything, it will be a hiatus, I left for a year or so and cameback.

-------------
30 Month Transition
BC Date: 12/7/12

~SL~APL~BSL~MBL

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0An2guFmfaZl6dGNDeWhMNDNLakxkMzdCWVB1LU5wUUE" rel="nofollow - Challenge

Posted By: rolin
Date Posted: Aug 18 2011 at 9:26pm
Probably to I understand how to care for my hair 110% - so never...Confused

-------------
Just happy my hair is finally growing :D

Date Posted: Aug 18 2011 at 10:56pm

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

LOL

LOL
Unfortunately ?? Im hoping that was a speeling mistake

Stern Smile

-------------

Posted By: Alex Urameshi
Date Posted: Aug 18 2011 at 11:31pm
Maybe two more years :) by then I should be at my goal.

-------------

Posted By: yaya24
Date Posted: Aug 19 2011 at 2:09pm
Until I reach full MBL
Then i'll lurk and give advice

-------------
iRep ♥ Naija
TexLAXED 1.25.13'
SL starting alllll the way over. Watch me work.
APL 2013

<

Posted By: mangachan
Date Posted: Aug 19 2011 at 3:00pm
I dunno.  I took a break this spring but I'm back so there really is no telling.

Posted By: prettystar
Date Posted: Aug 19 2011 at 3:51pm

Posted By: HeFFaLUmP~cUtiE
Date Posted: Aug 19 2011 at 6:05pm
wow...I guess I don't see much of the drama...then again I just stay in the natural, growth, and  sometimes twist and  braids sections... but I definitely will be staying for a while, probably not as often when I'm in school.There's alot to learn here, and I wanna be one of those ladies that inspires people with their super long, healthy hair :)

-------------
3 Years post BC!!!
STG: BSL
LGT:WL

Posted By: modelbusiness82
Date Posted: Aug 19 2011 at 6:41pm
I don't think I would ever "not come to bhm" but I definitely have my peaks and lows with bhm. When I first joined in 07 (I know it says 08 but I originally joined in 07 & forgot my username/password bc I had been gone for 6+ mos) it was a near daily thing. But as my hair game improved (I was initially only on the weaves section & when I first came to bhm I was a Sensationnel Pro-10 wearer and no I only where KevinCN flw's for the most part) I ventured to other sections of the board. 

Now I only really come on every few months or so when I'm either researching a technique (like when I decided to try henna or wear my hair in a more natural texture) or in the market to buy hair (because I'll never stop wearing extensions!). I'm on religiously for like 2 months and then I let it go by the way so that I can get back to RL. The boards are just as drama filled now as they were when I first started coming on here - just a new crop of crazies is all. I don't participate as much as I used to, mainly research or post a thread for info purposes. 

BHM is useful, you just have to not get sucked into the mental insanity that sometimes dominates the boards. 

-------------
digital entertainment marketer -
BASM Blog: www.bigapplestyle.com

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Aug 19 2011 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by alaysha alaysha wrote:

Forever if I have the time. When I have long luscious gorgeous shiny healthy hair I wanna help others and try to add to the resources here, y'know? 
+me. Star

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR

Posted By: MinnieMe
Date Posted: Aug 19 2011 at 10:48pm
Probably a long time.. I will want to share and have others share useful information. AT the end of the day I love BHM regardless of our love hate relationship and dark holes I get sucked in to LOL

-------------
HJ Anniversary 2-17-13

Posted By: Kocoa
Date Posted: Aug 19 2011 at 11:27pm
I can't tell how long I'll stay on BHM. I've been lurking and reading all over and have learned so much. It was because of the information that I've gained that helped me decide that I should go natural and stop damaging my hair with thermal straightening/microlink extensions (just say no to microlinks). I used to get my hair straightened because I thought that my hair was too "nappy" and hard. Turns out all I needed was moisture and to use the right products. As a matter of fact, after I went natural, I've almost completely stopped buying expensive products (thanks to the Hello Hydration tips) and I only use oils/shea butter in my hair now.

Posted By: Napp
Date Posted: Aug 20 2011 at 10:54am
ill stay just for the weave and lace front sectionApprove

-------------
Bougier than a can of Fancy Feast

Posted By: Miss SDY
Date Posted: Aug 20 2011 at 12:34pm
I will hold on until I get to my goals. I lurk more than I post... I do even see myself lurking after I reach my goals just because I like to read about what other people are dealing with.. Im here for the information about hair anyway. Im about to be really busy starting in another week so I hope to be able to come on here on the weekends. Im still a newbie so Im still getting the hang of my reggie, learning my natural hair, and trying to figure out what works and what doesnt work for my hair. I mostly hang out in the natural, growth, and health sections anyway. I just read the f*ckery and rarely comment on it. I do feel like that some members take things too seriously here, but I digress. I think everyone is here for similar reasons and I do not look too far off into people who are here to cause drama.

-------------
http://daisypath.com" rel="nofollow">

NL----[SL]----APL----BSB----BSL

Closing in on APL!!!

Posted By: cutie
Date Posted: Aug 22 2011 at 4:42am
i'll probably be here until it shuts down.  i joined in 2006 with scraggly relaxed ends and tried in vain to grow long healthy relaxed hair.  then when i went natural i used bhm for info about natural hair.  and when i reach my goals, i'll still be here to show others that nappy hair can and will grow with proper care.
i also need bhm for entertainment purposes b/c i dont know nobody in real life as foolish as some of the people on  hereLOL

-------------

Date Posted: Aug 22 2011 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by cutie cutie wrote:

i'll probably be here until it shuts down.  i joined in 2006 with scraggly relaxed ends and tried in vain to grow long healthy relaxed hair.  then when i went natural i used bhm for info about natural hair.  and when i reach my goals, i'll still be here to show others that nappy hair can and will grow with proper care.
i also need bhm for entertainment purposes b/c i dont know nobody in real life as foolish as some of the people on  hereLOL

LOL

agreed. 

-------------

Posted By: HunnyB
Date Posted: Aug 22 2011 at 6:55pm
idk...prolly when 
i reach mbl

()3

Posted By: prettystar
Date Posted: Feb 01 2012 at 2:34pm
To be truly honest,this is my very last and FINAL post ever on BHM. I'm going to be deep down honest,it is boring as HELL and dry as a desert here in the Hair Growth section here. Boring sahara dry haha. The Hair Growth Section just isn't interesting anymore. It's not just BHM either,it's other hair boards as well. I've really been getting most of my hair knowledge from lhcf,hair blogs and youtube more,even before i signed up on here,honestly. I've done toooooons of research on hair products,ingredients,techniques,hair types/textures,done lots of trial & error and etc.for I've been on my hair journey for 2½ yrs now throughout my hair journey.

As a matter of fact,I've FINALLY reached my ultimate goal of full WL!!!!!

I will not be coming back nor lurking on BHM ever again. Since lhcf have alot more archives and more helpful info that i can research,i'll be doing more searches and lurking more on there instead. I actually wasted my time with this dry wack ass site and since i don't want to waste another second nor minute on here.......

DEUCES!!!

Posted By: twistie_t
Date Posted: Feb 01 2012 at 5:54pm
probably forever. as boring as it can be sometimes (the boredom comes in cycles), i still like keepin up with journeys, learning about some new stuff, getting inspiration when i'm aggravated with my own hair. i've mostly been in severe lurkdom though, cause once you know the basics, there's not much else to post about.

Posted By: morenaloca
Date Posted: Feb 02 2012 at 2:26pm
I will leave when I can afford to subscribe to lhcf Lol

Posted By: blackarosoe
Date Posted: Feb 02 2012 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by Miss SDY Miss SDY wrote:

I will hold on until I get to my goals. I lurk more than I post... I do even see myself lurking after I reach my goals just because I like to read about what other people are dealing with.. Im here for the information about hair anyway. Im about to be really busy starting in another week so I hope to be able to come on here on the weekends. Im still a newbie so Im still getting the hang of my reggie, learning my natural hair, and trying to figure out what works and what doesnt work for my hair. I mostly hang out in the natural, growth, and health sections anyway. I just read the f*ckery and rarely comment on it. I do feel like that some members take things too seriously here, but I digress. I think everyone is here for similar reasons and I do not look too far off into people who are here to cause drama.
i agree

Posted By: Fashionista922
Date Posted: Feb 02 2012 at 10:29pm
I will probably check in every now and then until I reach my hair goals. My goal is TBL so that's at least 2 years away, maybe more if I trim.
I don't log on nearly as much as I used to though. I used to be on here allllll day everyday at my old job since no one cared, but now since I've got a pretty solid regimen I really only feel the need to log on a few times a week sometimes less than that.

-------------
No relaxer since 8/2008 and loving it♥
*MBL natural* heat-trained*

Posted By: love_akihsoy
Date Posted: Feb 04 2012 at 1:35pm
Yeah, IDK...

I used to be a BHM junkie... now I don't log on very often at all. I do think that a lot of it has to do with how "boring" it has become. Most of the threads on the first page are challenges (nothing wrong with them but what happened to the regular threads?)

Also, other forums that I frequent have actual apps so that I can visit them at any time (not just on my computer...) which means that when I have a second, I'm more likely to log on there, on my phone).

Do I think I will ever completely desert BHM? No. But I can see myself becoming less and less of a frequent contributor...

-------------
Currently: Full APL
2012 Goal: Full BSL
STG: touching BSL by 5/6/12

WWW.HAIRIAMWORLD.COM

Posted By: LadySmiles
Date Posted: Feb 04 2012 at 9:17pm
For as long as I'm interested in hair I'll keep dropping by. That could be forever! I think I'll drop by for as long as BHM keeps running to be honest. This was my first "hair forum" and so it's hard to part ways Embarrassed

-------------
myhealthyhairjourney.blogspot.com

Start: Neck Length | Current: Midback Length | Goal: Waist Length (4 inches to go)

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Feb 05 2012 at 8:17am
i noticed that ppl bounce around the time of wl and i can see why.  i came up here a lot when i thought there was some secret to growing hair but now that i know what it requires its not as interesting, in fact all the extra stuff ppl are adding is just becoming frustrating.

Posted By: coilyque
Date Posted: Feb 05 2012 at 8:40am
As long as I see interesting content. Which I still do. I am interested in content not a lot of pictures. Seeing other peoples growth does not inspire me that much, since I do not know their personal capabilities of hair length.

Date Posted: Feb 05 2012 at 8:57am
and then there that Ermm

Posted By: belladiva
Date Posted: Feb 05 2012 at 8:29pm
I used to stay on this forum all day, everyday... and then I just felt like hair was consuming to much of time. Now I just drop in every once in awhile, just to see if there is any new tips or something I can try on my daughter

-------------
Mrs.jones

Posted By: bxbomber4life
Date Posted: Feb 09 2012 at 1:18pm
i will probably be on in full lurk mode for another year.  i think by then i will have reached my goal.  i already have my regimen and my breakage is under control (which is a major miracle).  i dont yet have the length to brag about but i can see it coming....... and i will be back to brag.

Posted By: AmyAmyAmy
Date Posted: Feb 09 2012 at 2:41pm
till my hair gets to mbl.

-------------

You haven't arrived until your twitter is verified.

Posted By: KunoichiNindroid
Date Posted: Feb 09 2012 at 3:58pm
For the sake of the other women around me, I shall stay here for as long as it takes. Or at least till my blog gets successful enough :P

Posted By: aNgElIc*SoUl
Date Posted: Feb 11 2012 at 12:44am
Originally posted by eleisha26 eleisha26 wrote:

as long as i keep learning new info from this board..i will keep coming. i try not to pay attention to any of the bafoonery on here, just get my info,share info,and dip lol.

this

-------------
I was here...
I lived, I loved
I was here...
I did, I've done, everything that I wanted
And it was more than I thought it would be
I will leave my mark so everyone will know
I was here...

Posted By: aNgElIc*SoUl
Date Posted: Feb 11 2012 at 12:46am
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

i noticed that ppl bounce around the time of wl and i can see why.  i came up here a lot when i thought there was some secret to growing hair but now that i know what it requires its not as interesting, in fact all the extra stuff ppl are adding is just becoming frustrating.

Most definitely this!

-------------
I was here...
I lived, I loved
I was here...
I did, I've done, everything that I wanted
And it was more than I thought it would be
I will leave my mark so everyone will know
I was here...

Posted By: .hott.pink.
Date Posted: Feb 15 2012 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by prettystar prettystar wrote:

To be truly honest,this is my very last and FINAL post ever on BHM. I'm going to be deep down honest,it is boring as HELL and dry as a desert here in the Hair Growth section here. Boring sahara dry haha. The Hair Growth Section just isn't interesting anymore. It's not just BHM either,it's other hair boards as well. I've really been getting most of my hair knowledge from lhcf,hair blogs and youtube more,even before i signed up on here,honestly. I've done toooooons of research on hair products,ingredients,techniques,hair types/textures,done lots of trial & error and etc.for I've been on my hair journey for 2½ yrs now throughout my hair journey.

As a matter of fact,I've FINALLY reached my ultimate goal of full WL!!!!!

I will not be coming back nor lurking on BHM ever again. Since lhcf have alot more archives and more helpful info that i can research,i'll be doing more searches and lurking more on there instead. I actually wasted my time with this dry wack ass site and since i don't want to waste another second nor minute on here.......

DEUCES!!!

Oh ok.

-------------
I'm only here because I'm bored. Don't expect much.

Posted By: FleureDeCheveux
Date Posted: Feb 17 2012 at 7:58am
I've never considered a shelf-life on how I use the site. I only drop by occasionally and in that, I can say what I like/don't like about the site:

1. I come here to search for ladies with photos that have a similar hairtype to me, simple routines and have good retention/tips. I revisit bookmarked pages e.g. those giving step by step instructions on how to moisturise effectively, pre-poo etc.

2.  I avoid the PJ threads which sadly take up a lot of space. I prefer to keep the cost low and the routine simple for my hair and am seeing progress as a result. I simply don't believe there is a wonder pill for hair growth, especially one that will replace good care.

3. Haircare challenges are so hit and miss to me. I see so many get started and part way through, support for them tapers off before the end is reached.

4. A lot of the same info/questions repeated time and time ago does get a bit annoying to read through. I try to use the search button and sometimes wish some other users would too.

So as a result, I just come back now and again. I don't find the site addictive because there is a lot of competition from YT, and some great hair gurus there that if I want inspiration I rather go there than on here.  I find it more efficient to find a video showing things rather than wading through a forum of posts. But this site is still OK and I'll probably use it for some time yet.

Posted By: relaxedtresses
Date Posted: Feb 17 2012 at 10:35am
I will probably always come and go.  I've already started to slow down a little bit.  I've learned so much so I'd like to share my knowledge with some of the new members.

-------------
TO WEAVE OR NOT TO WEAVE...THAT IS ALWAYS THE QUESTION

Posted By: Aggie
Date Posted: Feb 20 2012 at 1:38pm
I think that hang around the hair boards for another 2-4 years. After that, I most likely will have accomplished my hair goals of length, thickness, shine and beauty. However,  I feel that popping around every now and then to help out the newbies won't hurt at all.

So I guess, consistently active for another 4 years and seldom actively -  indefinitely! I see a lot of the hair gurus doing that now. They are not as active as when they first started out on these hair boards but every now and then, they would just pop in to give their helpful input. I like that.

Posted By: sweetcoils&curls
Date Posted: Jun 04 2012 at 7:59pm
It's funny...i used to get sooo excited/pumped up to see new threads in the Hair Growth Sections (BHM,LHCF,etc), but now i just lurk from time to time whenever i'm really bored. I'm only a member here at BHM and only post in the Hair Growth & Natural threads to share what i know & to bump threads whenever i'm REALLY REALLY bored.

I won't lie, BHM & LHCF Hair Growth sections are now boring as F*CK now!!! It's the same damn topics & questions over & over again! So i have absolutely no choice BUT to bump threads in the growth section. There could be many reasons of why the Hair growth sections are going dead. I would post new threads if i could, but then again, i choose not to cause:

1. i've realized it'll still be boring as f*ck & a waste of time here
2. i don't have enough posts to start a thread
3. What's the point of me even starting a thread, if no one barely gets on here or post anymore?

I know tooooooons about hair,hair ingredients,& etc in general. I know my hair VERY well; what it likes/hates due to lots of trial & error. I'm not gonna continue to come on here and pretend like threads are still interesting/fun, cause they're NOT!! So i honestly don't see the point of me continuing to post helpful tips on dead hair boards.

I've realized i've made a HUGE mistake signing up on here smh. This board and other hair boards are going dead and it'll never be the same anymore. Some of yall can deny it if ya want, but it is what it is. I see no point of me staying here if no one is barely gonna come back on here and/or make new interesting threads. I WON'T come back on here, nor will i even LURK on here anymore! So this is my very last post on here as well. Since i've bumped PLENTY of interesting threads today, hopefully the Hair Growth Section won't seem as dead for awhile, idk nor give 2 f*cks no more.

Like prettystar.....DEUCES!!!
*drops mic & never returns*

Posted By: longhairvisions
Date Posted: Jun 04 2012 at 8:09pm
I think I will be be consistently on hair boards for another two years or until I make my ultimate hair goals. After that I will stop in now and then because I would love to help others get to their goals as well.

Posted By: MsMiamiLady
Date Posted: Jun 12 2012 at 11:23am
I think I will be on here not as often as I use to be when I first joined BHM but I will definitely come in here time to time to contribute to some threads and update on my hair. 

Date Posted: Jun 13 2012 at 10:52am
I visit this board in waves. I've been on here off and on for a while. First I was only in the weaves section. Then I migrated to the lace front & weaves section. Then I started visiting the natural and growth sections.

When I'm super busy with work, I abandon BHM for months at a time because often the boards can be dry and/or catty. Or often I go into lurk mode and just gather info but don't really participate. :)

-------------

Date Posted: Jun 13 2012 at 11:02am
LOL...

Just realized I actually posted in this thread last year too. @_@

-------------

Posted By: littlebabybug
Date Posted: Jun 14 2012 at 6:11pm
probably until my hair starts retaining the length that i want. i may still pop in from time to time but i know it'll be more infrequent. maybe around MBL i'll go away lol what drew me to the boards in the first place was a desire for information pertaining to my own head of hair. it would be naive of me to think that i'd have learned everything there is to know about hair just because i have long hair, as there's always much one can take away and learn, but i'd like to think that i would have gotten the basics down enough to benefit by then! 
but i could see myself hanging around to impart my timeless wisdom to others LOLthat's my aim, is i genuinely want to help others once i've reached my personal goals. so i may officially become a lurker!! Star

-------------
4 inches to BSB!
**SL reached June 2013**
Check out my blog at http://thegrowthexperience.blogspot.com

Posted By: Heavy Rotation
Date Posted: Jun 20 2012 at 11:06pm
sigh. i thought it would be forever...but i stopped coming by as often i use to a few months ago and now i only come by to cruise.

so, i guess as a poster, i am definitely not as active and may not be for a while, but i pop in when i think i can offer some helpful advice or when i want to congratulate someone on meeting their goals.

bhm is a great forum!

-------------
Natural Hair Girls do it curled up.

Posted By: KikiScorpio92
Date Posted: Jun 21 2012 at 5:10am
I only been on since last September '11 before I was all over YouTube and watching lhcf from my phone.

I wanted to started to a thread saying what's missing and what others would like to see as this thread http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/hair-growth-challenges-please-bump-often_topic197331.html" rel="nofollow - http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/hair-growth-challenges-please-bump-often_topic197331.html
showcased people were ambitious and really got people motivated into challenges.

I think generally there is less people , less interest to share what people got, migration to tumblr,blogs,youtube etc. It's same old recylcled grab, and like someone said before me people should use the search feature on forums instead of asking something that has already been answered. That's how I got by instead of asking questions.

Anyways to answer the question , I don't know long I plan to be here as it's like with tumblr (left), facebook (rejoined) and yahoo answers(left) I will leave when my life takes me elsewhere. I have lot to say to. LOL

-------------

Posted By: afrikan gal
Date Posted: Jun 22 2012 at 3:18pm
probably never lol, i'm a serious lurker and also tend to be on/off with bhm. when i don't visit for a couple of months i feel lost, when i come back. i love bhm and have honestly learn't a lot from all the folks on this site.

Posted By: yekomod
Date Posted: Jul 27 2012 at 1:57pm
I'll probably continue to visit as long as they are still up and running. It wont be as frequent as when I first went natural but I'll poke my head in for a bit. I like to help others reach their hair goals because someone did the same thing for me.

-------------
Waist length by 30

Posted By: Shardd:)
Date Posted: Aug 02 2012 at 12:39pm
The longer my hair gets, the less I visit here

-------------
SL-CBL-{APL}-BSL-MBL-WL
Grow with me m'lovelies!
http://public.fotki.com/shardae

Posted By: urstruly
Date Posted: Aug 04 2012 at 11:37am
Originally posted by afrikan gal afrikan gal wrote:

probably never lol, i'm a serious lurker and also tend to be on/off with bhm. when i don't visit for a couple of months i feel lost, when i come back. i love bhm and have honestly learn't a lot from all the folks on this site.

This

Posted By: LifeIsGood
Date Posted: Aug 04 2012 at 11:58am
This is a great resource. As long as the site is open and active, I shall have some type of presence.

Posted By: Blue1206
Date Posted: Aug 05 2012 at 9:23am
I used to be on here everyday. Now, It's about on e a month. But I'm trying to post more regularly now.

-------------
Current Length: SL
My site:
http://shaystouch.wordpress.com/

x Perfectly Imperfect x

Posted By: moonglow_diva
Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 8:23pm
I fade in an out. I have been in this game for 5 years. I grew my relaxed hair out, cut it all off, and now I am natural. I don't really do hair board just by spells. I try to do youtube but it is a time issue and I try to maintain my blog but it is a  time issue.

Grace & Blessings,
~ Moonglow

-------------
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify you Father which is in heaven. ~ Matthew 5:16

Date Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 6:02pm
I keep coming back

*hangs head in shame*

-------------

Posted By: Cherry89
Date Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 8:53am
Probably never.. lol.. Ive learned soo much here. It might not be as frequent later on. But I will continue to pop up here and there. My Ultimate hair goal is Hip length once I reach that, I still want to share my thoughts and advice to others and newbies. 

Posted By: tvlady
Date Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 3:47pm
I joined in 2007 and used to spend hours and hours on here.  Then I disappeared for a few years and now I'm back, but I have to say it's not the same.  BHM use to be the only game in town, now there are so many forums/blogs/sites that this community just isn't as active.  I will never forget all the things I've learned here.  NL to BSL on relaxed hair in 3 years, now trying to do the same with my natural hair and feel better prepared in my natural journey because of what I learned here. 

-------------
BC March 2012
http://public.fotki.com/tvlady/

Posted By: RedSoxtober
Date Posted: Jan 20 2013 at 9:16pm
Next month will be 5 years since I've joined.....maybe I'll stick around for another five to learn and share knowlege.Smile

Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Jan 21 2013 at 5:04am
till i reach wl was gone for 2 year cuz i was loving my hair so much it was the length i wanted didn't feel i had a need for it had a hugh setback came crawling back real quick cuz knew my hair would come back to life.

Posted By: renee728
Date Posted: Jan 21 2013 at 6:30pm
I don't know.  I keep coming back.  Have learned soooooooooooooo much here!!!

Posted By: AmberColour
Date Posted: Jan 21 2013 at 6:56pm
^LOL
LOL. Prettymuch.

-------------

Posted By: femmemuscleisback
Date Posted: Jan 21 2013 at 7:04pm
mostly when i have time off from work which going to become a bit more frequent thank gawd.  And of course, if my nose isn't in a book, or my butt isn't in the gym.

There was a time i thought i had my growth regimen down packed.  That was 1 year ago.

Looked at the Black Strap Molasses thread, thinking my shedding was "normal"?  whelp!  after trying it out, it lessened it by 50% or more.  This is the time of year, where my androgenic alopecia kicks in and i have the usual "major setback".. (3/4 of my hair just falls out. The crown sides and part of the back...)..Confused

Thanks to BHM, and after 7 years of trying just about EVERYTHING..finally, i'm on a consistent, simple, hair journey..

After all of those years, and lots of trial and error, i hope i help someone.

-------------
I've always said: If you have to wear a uniform to work? it's usually a sh*&tty job.

Posted By: Miss ViVi
Date Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 9:30am
Well I've been here since '07...though I don't frequent the boards as often as I used to, I still try to pop in every now and again to see what's going on

Posted By: femmemuscleisback
Date Posted: Jun 14 2013 at 8:55pm

I keep coming back

*hangs head in shame*

LOL

Posted By: Ricky Martin
Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 10:09am

The Moroccan Oil can do way more than just what one can expect. As a very important cosmetic product, Argan oil can answer all your needs from the head to the toe. Completely packed with the essential fatty acids, minerals, antioxidants, and vitamins, the task of skin moisturizing and protection will be taken cared of.

Its wide variety of uses may bring forth many and different options, just right for Argan oil to be referred as a beauty elixir. To give a glimpse of its beauty wonders, the following are just simple uses of Argan oil.

Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by Ricky Martin Ricky Martin wrote:

The Moroccan Oil can do way more than just what one can expect. As a very important cosmetic product, Argan oil can answer all your needs from the head to the toe. Completely packed with the essential fatty acids, minerals, antioxidants, and vitamins, the task of skin moisturizing and protection will be taken cared of.

Its wide variety of uses may bring forth many and different options, just right for Argan oil to be referred as a beauty elixir. To give a glimpse of its beauty wonders, the following are just simple uses of Argan oil.

TROLL ALERT!!!

Date Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

Originally posted by Ricky Martin Ricky Martin wrote:

TROLL ALERT!!!

not even a good oneLOL
http://ezinearticles.com/?7-Health-Benefits-of-Pure-Argan-Oil-Exposed&id=7748937" rel="nofollow - http://ezinearticles.com/?7-Health-Benefits-of-Pure-Argan-Oil-Exposed&id=7748937

Posted By: littlebabybug
Date Posted: Jun 20 2013 at 3:56pm
will you go away? pesky troll

Print Page | Close Window