Forum Name: Beauty Tips - General
Forum Description: General Discussions on Beauty Tips
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=311926
Printed Date: Nov 15 2018 at 9:15pm

Topic: Best sunscreen/sunblock
Posted By: Mzcnic87
Subject: Best sunscreen/sunblock
Date Posted: Jun 07 2011 at 7:28pm
What is a good brand of sunscreen/sunblock?? I have a generic one with an spf of 50. It smells horrible, but if there aren't any other alternatives that's ok. I'd rather smell than not be protected!

Replies:
Posted By: Creation
Date Posted: Jun 08 2011 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by Mzcnic87 Mzcnic87 wrote:

What is a good brand of sunscreen/sunblock?? I have a generic one with an spf of 50. It smells horrible, but if there aren't any other alternatives that's ok. I'd rather smell than not be protected!

The main thing is you want to make sure that your sunscreen has an SPF of at least 15.  And it's also vitally important to make sure it has an active ingredient to provide proper sun protection.  Some active ingredients could include Titanium Dioxide, Avobenzone, or Zinc Oxide.  It also depends on where you want to put your sunscreen.  For your face my favorite is Neutrogena Ultra Dry Touch Sunblock.  For swimming and all other places other than our faces my family uses the Banana Boat SPF 50 with the pink label.  Sorry I can't remember the name.

Posted By: ExoticMami215
Date Posted: Jun 13 2011 at 6:41pm
I love the copper it smells very good BUT, this year I went right to my local Dollar Tree and bought Max's SUnblock SPF 30 and Maxb lock Aloe Vera and for them to be $1 they are darn good, the smells lasts all day, it isnt sticky, has that summer, beachy fresh smell, doesnt ruin my nails, and overall, its cheap and a good product I haven't gotten dark yet from using this stuff I stocked up as well

Posted By: luvlytresses
Date Posted: Jul 02 2011 at 11:35am
Clinique city block it comes in 25 and 40 SPF. I recommend that darker skin get the 25, as it can leave a white cast on skin.

Posted By: DeDeMd
Date Posted: Jul 03 2011 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by luvlytresses luvlytresses wrote:

Clinique city block it comes in 25 and 40 SPF. I recommend that darker skin get the 25, as it can leave a white cast on skin.

I agree with you! I use the City Block spf 40. The BEST thing about it is that they have a PA+++! This means that for some of us with unevenness and hyperpigmentation, the darker areas of our skin is TRULY blocked, and protected from the sun's rays. They won't get darker. As with most spf creams, they leave us looking ashy, so I buff on some of my Bare Minerals foundation. Just so I don't look crazy. LOL!

Posted By: luvlytresses
Date Posted: Jul 03 2011 at 10:19pm
It's the best! I have been complaining about acne marks, but they are fading now b/c of city block. It's pricy and leaves a white cast, but it is worth it!

Posted By: yaya24
Date Posted: Jul 03 2011 at 10:26pm
I started using cetaphil spf 15 moisturizer in April and it has been great for my face/neck

-------------
iRep ♥ Naija
TexLAXED 1.25.13'
SL starting alllll the way over. Watch me work.
APL 2013

<

Posted By: yekomod
Date Posted: Jul 27 2011 at 6:59pm
I needed this thread. I just ran out of sunscreen & was looking to try something different. 

-------------
Waist length by 30

Posted By: sexich33ks
Date Posted: Aug 31 2011 at 12:53pm

Any suggestions for a sunscreen/sunblock board-spectrum spf 30  that does not cause a white cast/halo when wore under Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation and Laura Mercier tintded moisterizer

-------------

Posted By: rororebel
Date Posted: Sep 01 2011 at 12:42am
La Roche Posay Anthelios Ultra Light fluid. It's especially for your face and neck. It is expensive but it rubs in just like cream and there's no white cast even with factor 80.

Posted By: sexich33ks
Date Posted: Sep 02 2011 at 11:40am
Originally posted by rororebel rororebel wrote:

La Roche Posay Anthelios Ultra Light fluid. It's especially for your face and neck. It is expensive but it rubs in just like cream and there's no white cast even with factor 80.

This brand gets alot of good raves.  I'll have to look into to it.

-------------

Posted By: osLOVER
Date Posted: Sep 02 2011 at 11:49am
Ti-Silc is EXCELLENT!!!!! I get this from my esthetician but it's available online. Perfect for the face and body especially facial or body treatments.

Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: Sep 09 2011 at 12:24pm
For me it is the DermaDoctor Ain't Misbehaving Skin Clarifying & Mattifying sunscreen SPF 30+++.  It doesn't break me out but it doesn't mattify.  I like it better than some of the La Roche Posay sunscreen.

-------------
Laws are not written to protect children and women. They are written to protect MEN. - TokyoRose (truncated unfortunately)

Posted By: DarkBrown
Date Posted: Sep 12 2011 at 2:45pm
coppertone spray

-------------
A man falls in love through his eyes, a woman through her ears.

Posted By: Bonjour baby ooowee
Date Posted: Sep 14 2011 at 5:33pm
http://www.carolsdaughter.com/portal.aspx?CN=CCCA073FB372&BCID=42A064626060&SR=sr3_154886195_go&gclid=COX2x6vknasCFQNggwod4mqsoA - http://www.carolsdaughter.com/portal.aspx?CN=CCCA073FB372&BCID=42A064626060&SR=sr3_154886195_go&gclid=COX2x6vknasCFQNggwod4mqsoA

this is what i use now that i live in arizona (it stays sunny year round) i loved using it during the 100degree months bcause it didn't run in my eyes (like the others do), it does have a 15spf, it smooths on sooo easily & the smell is outta this world 'unique' ( i had ALOT of people who'd get close to me while in passing say 'what is that you're wearing it smells sooo good"
Thumbs Up

-------------
"Fulfilling ALL of My Dreams while experiencing ALL of My Positive Successes & Prosperities"

Posted By: MsDidi13
Date Posted: Oct 11 2011 at 1:51am
Here are two brands I wanna try...the last SPF I used broke me out and I found out the ingredient oxybenzone is highly toxic and offers no protection... :(

These two are good for those who are acne prone...the Japanese one is matte and non-greasy...I hear all Japanese brands are matte and offer the best protection...but some of them you have to wash off with a cleansing oil or make-up remover...this one is not hard to wash off but I use cleansing oils anywho...they are awesome for oily skin...

Elta MD UV Clear SPF 46 ->  http://www.eltamd.com/ProductDetail.aspx?p=18 - http://www.eltamd.com/ProductDetail.aspx?p=18   This has niacin in it which helps your skin barrier function...

Sofina Perfect UV Lucent SPF 50 ->  http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=105085/Sofina_Pefect_UV_Lucent_SPF_50+_PA+++_%28formerly_named_UV_Cut_Milk_Extra_Block%29_%5d_%5bDISCONTINUED%5d/Sofina/Sunscreen - http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=105085/Sofina_Pefect_UV_Lucent_SPF_50+_PA+++_(formerly_named_UV_Cut_Milk_Extra_Block)_]_[DISCONTINUED]/Sofina/Sunscreen  
This is to be oil controlling they also have one that is to even out skintone called White Protect...but I am more interested in the Lucent one...

I would just use these on your face...and use something useful and cheap on your body like Bull Frog ... it is all natural and effective...

Posted By: Nithi
Date Posted: Nov 25 2011 at 4:47am
Spf isn't the only measure of a sunscreen's effectiveness. PPD is a factor that measures the protection from UVA,which causes darkening.

I prefer physical sunscreen as it is broad spectrum(both uva and uvb) protection.Also mixing some chemical sunscreen ingredients makes them cancel each other out.
Find more info here. Hth.
angstandhumor.blogspot.com/2011/07/sunscreen-post.html

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Dec 03 2011 at 1:29am
I'm gonna try Asian sunscreens. I keep hearing that the Japanese have some of the best sunscreens!

I really wanna try Shiseido's Anessa sunscreen. It has physical sunblock ingredients, but doesn't leave a white cast, and depending on which one you get, it actually leaves your face matte and makes a great primer!

That sounds AWESOME! Makeupalley introduced me. Big smile

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 03 2011 at 1:39am
Originally posted by MsDidi13 MsDidi13 wrote:

Sofina Perfect UV Lucent SPF 50 ->  http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=105085/Sofina_Pefect_UV_Lucent_SPF_50+_PA+++_%28formerly_named_UV_Cut_Milk_Extra_Block%29_%5d_%5bDISCONTINUED%5d/Sofina/Sunscreen" rel="nofollow - http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=105085/Sofina_Pefect_UV_Lucent_SPF_50+_PA+++_(formerly_named_UV_Cut_Milk_Extra_Block)_]_[DISCONTINUED]/Sofina/Sunscreen  
This is to be oil controlling they also have one that is to even out skintone called White Protect...but I am more interested in the Lucent one...

I would just use these on your face...and use something useful and cheap on your body like Bull Frog ... it is all natural and effective...

I've been wanting to try this one, but it's now discontinued. u.u
I'll try the other available Sofina sunscreens. Tongue

-------------

Posted By: kaai
Date Posted: Dec 05 2011 at 11:19pm
Nutrogena 45 or 55......

dont waste your money on the higher spf they'll leave a white film

photoderm max 100 spf by derma went on my feet!!!....... in socks

Posted By: masonwilliams
Date Posted: Feb 17 2012 at 6:40am
acne scar treatment

Have you been trying to get rid of the embarrassing acne and acne scars with various acne scar treatment crèmes?

Well we offer you Clear Skin Max – the best product to use for acne problems.

Perhaps you have tried many different products of this kind, trying to find one that actually works, but without success.

Your search is now over, since there is a solution for your problem and it is called Clear Skin Max – a tea tree oil acne scar treatment product.

Since it first appeared Clear Skin Max’s popularity is ever increasing, which we think is a good proof for its reliability that is satisfying ever greater number of people with acne problems.

Clear Skin Max is a smart and above all permanent solution for acne which is a pretty common skin disease and some other skin affecting problems like scars and spots.

It is actually a 6 part acne scar treatment kit, consisting of 6 different substances – each with its specific action.

It will purify and cure your skin from acne and it will prevent it from occurring again in the future.

It is a 100% natural product and all 6 components of the kit are made of popular natural ingredients often used in traditional medicine with great results.

http://www.weightlosssupplementse.com - weight loss supplements
http://www.acnescartreatmente.com - acne scar treatment
http://www.bestteethwhiteningproductse.com - best teeth whitening products

Posted By: PrettyLA
Date Posted: Mar 16 2012 at 12:50am
For my face, I really love Olay Complete with SPF 30 but it does leave a white glow. However, I used to use Aveeno Positively Radiant which was also SPF 30 and it was perfect except for some reason after using it faithfully for months, the skin under my eyes started tingling whenever I used it so I had to stop.

So it's Olay only for me now. 

Posted By: Bonjour baby ooowee
Date Posted: Mar 16 2012 at 3:08am
imma stick with carols daughter solei gelee
you all should check it out its worth it (bout 15bucks for 4ounces)
yet really good\stuffStar

-------------
"Fulfilling ALL of My Dreams while experiencing ALL of My Positive Successes & Prosperities"

Posted By: lexalexi
Date Posted: Apr 06 2012 at 9:59am
I use Ocean's Potion sunblock with spf 50. It smells like fruity pebbles and I've been using it since I was a teen (about 15), and I'm now 21. It works really well.

Date Posted: Apr 24 2012 at 4:45pm
I've been using La Rocha Posay Anthelios and it is great! I only require a tiny puddle to cover my face and the film it leaves is extremely minimal. Basically invisible.

-------------

Date Posted: Apr 24 2012 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by rororebel rororebel wrote:

It's grrreeeeeat!

I'm so happy I got it for free. =D (My sister is a manager at Walgreens)

-------------

Posted By: Melissa-bee
Date Posted: Apr 26 2012 at 5:52am
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

I've been using La Rocha Posay Anthelios and it is great! I only require a tiny puddle to cover my face and the film it leaves is extremely minimal. Basically invisible.

I've been hearing a lot about this. I'm gonna get it once my body shop sunscreen runs outs.

Posted By: KottonKandy
Date Posted: May 07 2012 at 8:05am
I tan so easily, it makes no sense that my face, arms, neck and feet are so much darker than the rest of my body. I think I started using sunscreen too late, but I'm currently using Ambi Essentials Daily moisturizer with spf 15, it's light and I haven't gotten any darker. I'm exfoliating and using lemon juice to help get rid of the tan I have..it's slowly working.

Posted By: pharmtx
Date Posted: Aug 19 2012 at 5:24pm
@ Midna
I second that.  I love this stuff. I was so happy to have discovered this product.

Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Mar 07 2015 at 4:09pm
a good sunscreen is one that has as ingredients Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide.

Posted By: marianclare
Date Posted: Jun 04 2015 at 4:59am
Summer season is now ongoing and I need natural sunscreen for my face to protect it from sun damages. I saw some natural sunscreen but it is expensive. I am looking for other natural sunscreen that is affordable. Can someone suggest a good natural sunscreen that I can use.

Print Page | Close Window