Forum Name: Relaxers
Forum Description: Discussions on Relaxers
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=310376
Printed Date: Jan 28 2022 at 1:51pm

Topic: Oprahs Relaxer
Posted By: etoile
Subject: Oprahs Relaxer
Date Posted: May 24 2011 at 12:19am
So Oprah uses Dr. Miracle's No Lye relaxer. I saw Andre, her stylist, applying it to her edges on her behind the scenes show. All this time, I thought she used phytospecific (I thought I read that in Essence a few years back) which, used to by my relaxer back in the day.  I am now natural but thought that this might be an interesting tidbit for this section of the forum.

Replies:
Posted By: prettypeal09
Date Posted: May 24 2011 at 12:24am
Hmmm I'm natural too, but I wonder if that is what she really uses or if that it some type of product placement/product sponsorship thing.

-------------

Posted By: CaramelDelight89
Date Posted: May 24 2011 at 4:13pm
Dr. Miracles? That's the reason her hair looks jacked up sometimes. I cant stand that cheap Censored. That's one "miracle" I don't need!

Posted By: reeniebabie1289
Date Posted: May 24 2011 at 4:27pm
Disapprove that woman is not using dr. miracles on her head. that stuff is crap. i call product placement

-------------
meh.

Posted By: SoBlue
Date Posted: May 24 2011 at 8:02pm
Oprah using Phytospecific relaxer its all natural and she has used this for years! It's $65 dollars a box.

Posted By: samorya
Date Posted: May 25 2011 at 12:17am
maybe it was just for her edges. u know how our kitchen can get sometimes. lol

-------------
i dont have nappy hair, i have HAPPY HAIR!!! :D

Posted By: glamrock
Date Posted: May 25 2011 at 12:19am
I didnt know that she had a relaxerShocked
I thought that she had unrelaxer hair and a Brazilian Keratin Treatment.

Date Posted: May 25 2011 at 12:24am

Yeah all of the complaints that I heard about Dr. Miracle is the reason why it didn't seem right to me unless she gets a special version of the product.  The commercials for the product alone is reason enough to avoid it.

-------------

Date Posted: May 25 2011 at 12:28am
Originally posted by prettypeal09 prettypeal09 wrote:

Yeah all of the complaints that I heard about Dr. Miracle is the reason why it didn't seem right to me unless she gets a special version of the product.  The commercials for the product alone is reason enough to avoid it.

lmao, those commercials. ha ha ha ha ha LOL

-------------

Date Posted: May 25 2011 at 12:29am
Originally posted by glamrock glamrock wrote:

i thought she was natural and they just straightened her hair with some million dollar flat iron. lmao. silly me

-------------

Posted By: glamrock
Date Posted: May 25 2011 at 12:40am
Originally posted by samorya samorya wrote:

i thought she was natural and they just straightened her hair with some million dollar flat iron. lmao. silly me
Yeah, b/c they have shown Andre doing her hair b4 and it was a big, full look that seemed unrelaxed and semi-heat trained, and when she was talking to the ladies from The View a few months back, Joy Beiher mentioned that they both use BKT and Oprah gave her the evil eye and said something to abruptly shut doen the conversation and to change the subject.

Like someone else said, it is possible that she just does a halo to keep the edges extra straight. I cant imagine Dr. Miracles being beneficial to anyone's hair but I wouldnt know. Im just biased about that company b/c I think that they are China based and I imagine low quality like KISS & VIA and other BSS level hair care products that are made by Chinese companies for black hair.

Maybe Branded Product Placement like the other member said or Andre had an emergency where Oprah insisted on sleek edges and didnt want flat iron straight and Andre stopped in a CVS drugstore on the way to the studio and grabbed the first box perm that he sawLOL

And I agree with the people that hate the Dr. Miracle commercials. I find the company name and the ads & commercials extremely offensive and I am not a person that gets worked up easily.

Date Posted: May 25 2011 at 1:06am

Originally posted by samorya samorya wrote:

Yeah, b/c they have shown Andre doing her hair b4 and it was a big, full look that seemed unrelaxed and semi-heat trained, and when she was talking to the ladies from The View a few months back, Joy Beiher mentioned that they both use BKT and Oprah gave her the evil eye and said something to abruptly shut doen the conversation and to change the subject.

Like someone else said, it is possible that she just does a halo to keep the edges extra straight. I cant imagine Dr. Miracles being beneficial to anyone's hair but I wouldnt know. Im just biased about that company b/c I think that they are China based and I imagine low quality like KISS & VIA and other BSS level hair care products that are made by Chinese companies for black hair.

Maybe Branded Product Placement like the other member said or Andre had an emergency where Oprah insisted on sleek edges and didnt want flat iron straight and Andre stopped in a CVS drugstore on the way to the studio and grabbed the first box perm that he sawLOL

And I agree with the people that hate the Dr. Miracle commercials. I find the company name and the ads & commercials extremely offensive and I am not a person that gets worked up easily.
yeah, we can do without those commercials. its like some other race(other than a person with black hair) sat around and imagined what it is like when we need a perm. all they had to do was ask. damn gina, we could do without that corny, extra a$$ commercial.

-------------

Date Posted: May 25 2011 at 5:20am
I remember reading Andre's book years and years ago but I couldn't remember what it said.  I thought Oprah was natural too for some reason.  

@glamrock I know Joy didn't try to call Oprah out Shocked!  Interesting....the great Oprah hair mystery lol.

-------------

Posted By: mrphantuan
Date Posted: May 27 2011 at 2:34am
$65 a box?? wow, hope she doesnt spill any.. LOL!!

Posted By: Mymamasdaughter
Date Posted: Jun 04 2011 at 12:28pm
Andre Does Hair? I have a copy of that somewhere and he said somethng about drying hiar while it is still sopping wet, among other things.

Posted By: GoingNatural86
Date Posted: Jun 13 2011 at 10:05am
Off to google Phytospecifi... $65... no wonder Ive never heard of it...lol

Posted By: naturesgift
Date Posted: Jun 15 2011 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by GoingNatural86 GoingNatural86 wrote:

Off to google Phytospecifi... $65... no wonder Ive never heard of it...lol
don't believe the hype I bought this stuff a couple of years ago at RICkys BSS in NYC and it did not do anything special IMO my hair was less dry than a no-lye relaxer but I think there are many diffrent routes for this.  They sell the products also at Sephora Great conditoners $$$ though

Print Page | Close Window