Print Page | Close Window

Under 50 Posts? Ask WEAVE Questions Here Part 2

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Hair Care
Forum Name: Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
Forum Description: Discussions on Weaves / Extensions (for Newbies)
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=308901
Printed Date: Nov 25 2017 at 2:28am

Topic: Under 50 Posts? Ask WEAVE Questions Here Part 2
Posted By: MsMahoganyRed
Subject: Under 50 Posts? Ask WEAVE Questions Here Part 2
Date Posted: May 09 2011 at 9:02am
Since the old thread is now posting out of order due to the amount of posts and pages, I am starting a new thread so the newbies and anyone else can get questions answered.

Here is the old thread:

forum_posts.asp?TID=111564&title=under-50-posts-ask-weave-questions-here - http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=111564&title=under-50-posts-ask-weave-questions-here

-------------
Not all people can understand the way I am. Some people hate me while others love me. I love the way I don't pretend to be someone I am not just to impress anyone. #Fitting

Replies:
Date Posted: May 09 2011 at 9:12am
Originally posted by wolfparty wolfparty wrote:

Originally posted by wolfparty wolfparty wrote:

Hey does anyone know where i can get this hair or something very close to it? 

anyone? ahaha

You should be looking for a deep wave or deep curl...here's an example below:

http://www.myluxehair.com/#%21__shop/productscoverflow0=21 - http://www.myluxehair.com/#!__shop/productscoverflow0=21

-------------
Not all people can understand the way I am. Some people hate me while others love me. I love the way I don't pretend to be someone I am not just to impress anyone. #Fitting

Posted By: **YaKiGurL**
Date Posted: May 09 2011 at 9:16am
Very purdy that deep wave- looks like around 22"

-------------

Date Posted: May 09 2011 at 9:16am
Originally posted by Carmenlita Carmenlita wrote:

Hi everyone, I've tried to find info before asking but I think I'm a bit overwhelmed.

I currently have a full head of Halley's Curls Gentle Wave Relaxed. What products can I use for sheen and frizziness. I've tried the Dove sheen serum, Ion and I know that oil sheen and such will weigh my hair down. I just want smooth, shiny hair that doesn't poof when I go outside. I live in Louisiana so humidity is an issue.

Thanks!

When I wore/wear my HCGWR I used Sabino Moisture Block (Loc and Bloc is the new name) on the hair, it works on all types but I didn't have issues with frizzing and it does give it a slight shine but not too much.  You can also add a clear rinse to the hair for the shine factor (one similiar to what Clariol offers and Jazzing offers a clear rinse as well).  HTH

-------------

Date Posted: May 09 2011 at 9:20am
Originally posted by divatude divatude wrote:

regarding kevincn, would the chinese light yaki match 4a/4b hair pressed? or is it just better to pick italian yaki?

I think either will work, it will depend on if you have fine or coarse hair.  If you have fine hair go for a texture on Indian or Mongolian hair. If you have coarse hair go for Chinese or Malaysian hair.  If you don't want to press your hair often go for Italian Yaki, however, if you don't mind pressing for a perfectly sleek look then go with Light Yaki.

-------------

Date Posted: May 09 2011 at 9:22am
Originally posted by Yazmin Yazmin wrote:

Using a variety of search parameters on this forum, Google and YouTube, I still have not found an answer to this question:  how long do (or should) you wait to wash you hair after it's installed?  I've been told to wait two weeks to allow the braids to set underneath.  Has anyone else heard the same thing?

It doesn't really matter as long as you are delicate when washing.  You can wash the next day if you like or have the need to...so no, you don't have to wait two weeks.

-------------

Date Posted: May 09 2011 at 9:27am
Originally posted by snickerdoodle17_1 snickerdoodle17_1 wrote:

Can anyone help me find a dupe of janet king yaky? Its the best hair ever its SUPER thick and the most natural coarse yaky texture ever. the only problem is its bss hair and not remy so it doesnt last. Does anyone know a vendor that makes hair like this that lasts?

I think the many CV's that are listed on this forum can dupe the texture you are looking for, you just have to be very specific.  If you happen to have a piece of the hair leftover - find a reputable one and send them the weft and have them duplicate it.  That will be as good as trying to provide a description to them.

-------------

Posted By: snickerdoodle17_1
Date Posted: May 09 2011 at 11:41am
Can anyone help me find a dupe of janet king yaky? Its the best hair ever its SUPER thick and the most natural coarse yaky texture ever. the only problem is its bss hair and not remy so it doesnt last. Does anyone know a vendor that makes hair like this that lasts?

Posted By: afrikan gal
Date Posted: May 09 2011 at 3:45pm
wow thanks for this, i know this is a stupid question but i'm ordering from a cv and the wefts are offered in 7 ounces, i'm getting the Chinese light yaki. should i order another 3.5 ounces just in case or do you think it will be enough for a full install?
ps i have a medium to big head. thanks in advance.

Posted By: Anuli
Date Posted: May 09 2011 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by afrikan gal afrikan gal wrote:

wow thanks for this, i know this is a stupid question but i'm ordering from a cv and the wefts are offered in 7 ounces, i'm getting the Chinese light yaki. should i order another 3.5 ounces just in case or do you think it will be enough for a full install?

The wefts are offered in 7oz? Or...your buying 2 packs (3.5x2). With straight hair i'd get 3 packs cause you can always cut it or take some out if it's too much, plus if its not enough you don't want to pay the $25 shipping for one pack of hair.

-------------

Posted By: Yazmin
Date Posted: May 10 2011 at 12:20am
Originally posted by MsMahoganyRed MsMahoganyRed wrote:

Using a variety of search parameters on this forum, Google and YouTube, I still have not found an answer to this question:  how long do (or should) you wait to wash you hair after it's installed?  I've been told to wait two weeks to allow the braids to set underneath.  Has anyone else heard the same thing?

It doesn't really matter as long as you are delicate when washing.  You can wash the next day if you like or have the need to...so no, you don't have to wait two weeks.

Thank you for answering my question!

Posted By: afrikan gal
Date Posted: May 10 2011 at 9:19am
Originally posted by Anuli Anuli wrote:

The wefts are offered in 7oz? Or...your buying 2 packs (3.5x2). With straight hair i'd get 3 packs cause you can always cut it or take some out if it's too much, plus if its not enough you don't want to pay the $25 shipping for one pack of hair.

Thanks anuli, they quoted me the price for 7oz, i guess they come in 3.5 a pack. i'm buying another pack don't want to take chances.
ps. your avi is funny and disgusting lolTongue

Posted By: mocharoni
Date Posted: May 10 2011 at 9:47am

Thanks anuli, they quoted me the price for 7oz, i guess they come in 3.5 a pack. i'm buying another pack don't want to take chances.
ps. your avi is funny and disgusting lolTongue

Before you order, ask the cv if the wefs are doubled.  CLY looks most natural if you split the wefts first (seal your wefts!).  7-8 oz of light yaki can be quite heavy looking.  If you split the wefts, 7 oz will likely be more than enough.

eta:  What lengths are you getting?

-------------
Genarice in spirit, and concious-mineded

Posted By: kaliangel03
Date Posted: May 11 2011 at 12:07pm
Thanks for doing this post!  There is so much information that I am getting kind of confused Smile  Anyways....I would like to get a full weave to promote hair my natural hair growth.  My hair is natural, no chemicals.  My question is how would I go about washing it and making sure my natural hair is being taken care of.  (Making sure it is staying moisturized, not breaking off, etc...)

Also it seems as though some ladies braid a net into their hair underneath the weave so the tracks are attached to the net and not their hair.  Would you recommend doing that?  Does it make that much of a difference?

Sorry if the questions seem kind of juvenile but I am new to the process. Thank youSmile

Posted By: Fcgriffin
Date Posted: May 12 2011 at 10:19pm

*sigh*

I have so many questions but I am scared I'll get the "we've discussed this before...do a search" answer Cry

Could someone please adopt me... a weave noob?Big smile  I'm seriously thinking about going back to weaves for protective hair styles until the end of 2011.    I've scoured bhm archives, other hair forums, sites that sell hair, youtube, recent hair threads (but then I get caught up in pics/random foolishness and get all off track)...

...............but  I still have some questions about blending and full weave installs on my own hair.  

Please PM me if you can spare a few minutes!Big smile Geek Purty please???

*I PROMISE I'M NOT A SCAMMER*

Posted By: lastfemstanding
Date Posted: May 17 2011 at 10:24am
Hi..
Im just wondering if Kevin cn gives a specific time frame of shipment or should i assume he's more of a ''pay and wait'' sorta vendor...
Thanks in advance

Posted By: tafkap4d
Date Posted: May 17 2011 at 12:07pm
LOVE the site!  It is overwhelming at first but I'm trying to learn.

I have a BoBraz question - I got my first BoBraz two months ago and it's official - I'm loving it!  We did not cut the hair but it has shedded quite a bit.  When we first sewed it in - the hair was past my shoulders and now two and a half months later it's on the middle of my neck.  Still looks good BUT I want to keep the length.

I am reading that I need to seal the weft (with dritz), let it dry and sew the weft in.  I got that!  What I want to know is:  This dritz will alleviate the shedding when I comb and brush the hair, correct?  I know it will still shed but I guess just not as much.

My weave artist (and she truly is) recommends I just wet the hair and not use product.  I used all kinds of product on it - NoodleHead, Twisted Sister, Curl Activator, Soft Sheen products (I am NOT affliated with any products), etc.  What is your recommendation on shampooing and maintaining this gorgeous style.

Thanks!

Crystal

Posted By: AaTech
Date Posted: May 17 2011 at 5:40pm
Hi, I need some help. I keep hearing about KevinCN and wanted to purchase hair from him. I wanted to get the kinky straight chinese virgin. does any one have pics? how many oz. would be enough i dont want to spilt the wefts. I just want 14inch in the back and 10 inch in the front.  ALL HELP IS APPRECIATED THANKS :)

Posted By: BigBossLady29
Date Posted: May 18 2011 at 4:31pm
I have a question about megatek and OCT I usually apply a mixture of half Megatek half OCT everyother day but I wash my hair once a week, is that ok or should I rinse every time I apply?

Posted By: brittsbee
Date Posted: May 18 2011 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by lastfemstanding lastfemstanding wrote:

Hi..
Im just wondering if Kevin cn gives a specific time frame of shipment or should i assume he's more of a ''pay and wait'' sorta vendor...
Thanks in advance

pay and wait.  Right now its about a 6 week wait. 

He's worth it

-------------
Studying for the CPA exam!!!

Join Swagbucks and win FREE money http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/busybee88

Avi: RHO Afro KC

Posted By: Prtybrwneye_z
Date Posted: May 19 2011 at 10:32pm
Hi ladies,
Which closure would best match EPSRT? SSRR or ONYC Mongolian relaxed...also any other suggestions would be great. I'm looking for a good quality closure that's not as pricey as EP. Thanks!

Posted By: tafkap4d
Date Posted: May 20 2011 at 12:29pm
How do you tell if your Bohyme Brazilian Wave weave is authentic?  I went to their website and did a search by zip code and the stores I called in my area said they no longer carry it.  :(

Posted By: Pretti_Ink
Date Posted: May 20 2011 at 5:48pm
My birthday is June 24 and Im looking for some quality Virgin Indian Hair with a Lace closure to match. I have bought some previously and wasnt impressed with the quality of the hair. I was going to order from silkbaseclosure.com but I have been hearing horribble things about their shipping and Im nervous that if I order the bundle package it wont come on time. Please help

Date Posted: May 20 2011 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by Pretti_Ink Pretti_Ink wrote:

My birthday is June 24 and Im looking for some quality Virgin Indian Hair with a Lace closure to match. I have bought some previously and wasnt impressed with the quality of the hair. I was going to order from silkbaseclosure.com but I have been hearing horribble things about their shipping and Im nervous that if I order the bundle package it wont come on time. Please help

Try 510queen.

-------------

Posted By: Carmenlita
Date Posted: May 21 2011 at 12:34pm
Thanks so much! I've noticed that my hair is extremely rough. In fact, it's been rough since I bought it. I recently contacted Halley's and they suggested I use a curl activator. I'm really disappointed because I was expecting much more. I'm scheduled for another install Tuesday and I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to permanently fix my hair. Would a relaxer or something help?

Posted By: Inayis
Date Posted: May 23 2011 at 12:50pm
Can someone tell me the differences between how virgin hair is processed for curls? Do CV/IV steam process curls? some of them? I want my curls to be soft not hard like the BSS. Am I making this up?

Posted By: kimora04
Date Posted: May 23 2011 at 2:58pm
Okay. For wagman site....i have no idea what im doing. I just want a slight wavy hair. But the site is sooo confusing.

Date Posted: May 23 2011 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by Inayis Inayis wrote:

Can someone tell me the differences between how virgin hair is processed for curls? Do CV/IV steam process curls? some of them? I want my curls to be soft not hard like the BSS. Am I making this up?

Some steam.. Some don't. Even if its not steamed doesn't mean the curls will be hard. I think steaming will make the hair last longer. You could always buy straight hair and boil it yourself.

-------------

Date Posted: May 23 2011 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by kimora04 kimora04 wrote:

Okay. For wagman site....i have no idea what im doing. I just want a slight wavy hair. But the site is sooo confusing.

You can buy virgin straight, the natural state of the hair is wavy.

-------------

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: May 23 2011 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by Inayis Inayis wrote:

A lot of vendors will not admit that they steam process their curls. Crunchy curls usually derive from products that are used on the hair not from steam processing. To be honest once the hair is steamed/dyed or anything it is no longer in its natural state and thus NOT virgin anymore.

-------------
If you about to send me a pm about something I said don't, it is what it is. If you want to pm me about some half ass hair bidness you trying to start with your tax refund I will ignore you.

Date Posted: May 23 2011 at 6:39pm

Thanks so much! I've noticed that my hair is extremely rough. In fact, it's been rough since I bought it. I recently contacted Halley's and they suggested I use a curl activator. I'm really disappointed because I was expecting much more. I'm scheduled for another install Tuesday and I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to permanently fix my hair. Would a relaxer or something help?

Do a Google search for Halleys Curl + BHM + Reviews, Cry. From my experience and many others I know you should have lowered expectations. The hair I purchased from her was a shedding vulture nest that kept matting and bunching at the back of my neck. I just threw it in the trash and never gave her another dolla. 

Good LUCK!

-------------
If you about to send me a pm about something I said don't, it is what it is. If you want to pm me about some half ass hair bidness you trying to start with your tax refund I will ignore you.

Date Posted: May 23 2011 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by tafkap4d tafkap4d wrote:

LOVE the site!  It is overwhelming at first but I'm trying to learn.

I have a BoBraz question - I got my first BoBraz two months ago and it's official - I'm loving it!  We did not cut the hair but it has shedded quite a bit.  When we first sewed it in - the hair was past my shoulders and now two and a half months later it's on the middle of my neck.  Still looks good BUT I want to keep the length.

I am reading that I need to seal the weft (with dritz), let it dry and sew the weft in.  I got that!  What I want to know is:  This dritz will alleviate the shedding when I comb and brush the hair, correct?  I know it will still shed but I guess just not as much.

My weave artist (and she truly is) recommends I just wet the hair and not use product.  I used all kinds of product on it - NoodleHead, Twisted Sister, Curl Activator, Soft Sheen products (I am NOT affliated with any products), etc.  What is your recommendation on shampooing and maintaining this gorgeous style.

Thanks!

Crystal

Every Bohyme product I ever had shed like a sick dog so next time before installing seal the wefts. I did not like Noodlehead it seemed to make my curls hard, I just co washed with Pantene/Tresseme comditioner and let air airdry. Maybe a lil cocnut oil if it looked dry.

-------------

Date Posted: May 23 2011 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by BigBossLady29 BigBossLady29 wrote:

I have a question about megatek and OCT I usually apply a mixture of half Megatek half OCT everyother day but I wash my hair once a week, is that ok or should I rinse every time I apply?

You might get a better response in the growth section. Wink I think that is where they discuss megatek.
You wanna grow your hair, we just but ours. {just joking}

-------------

Date Posted: May 23 2011 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by Fcgriffin Fcgriffin wrote:

*sigh*

I have so many questions but I am scared I'll get the "we've discussed this before...do a search" answer Cry

Could someone please adopt me... a weave noob?Big smile  I'm seriously thinking about going back to weaves for protective hair styles until the end of 2011.    I've scoured bhm archives, other hair forums, sites that sell hair, youtube, recent hair threads (but then I get caught up in pics/random foolishness and get all off track)...

...............but  I still have some questions about blending and full weave installs on my own hair.  

Please PM me if you can spare a few minutes!Big smile Geek Purty please???

We are sooo nice we won't tell you that.. Well we might, it depends o how tight our sew in is. 

The main thing about blending is be realistic, only you know what the texture of your hair is. If you have some say it loud, I'm black and proud fist pump afro hair then I am 100% sure Virgin Indian is NOT BLENDING.Confused

So get a closure or wear hair that is like your own texture. I am filled with niceness so PM me if you have more questions. Big smile
*I PROMISE I'M NOT A SCAMMER*

NVM

-------------

Posted By: Jones22
Date Posted: May 25 2011 at 5:48pm
If anyone doing a Bdogg group order please PM me!

Date Posted: May 25 2011 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

Do a Google search for Halleys Curl + BHM + Reviews, Cry. From my experience and many others I know you should have lowered expectations. The hair I purchased from her was a shedding vulture nest that kept matting and bunching at the back of my neck. I just threw it in the trash and never gave her another dolla. 

Good LUCK!

YES! It sheds like crazy too. I'm so disappointed and I did so much research before I ordered. is there really nothing I can do besides throw it away? 

Date Posted: May 26 2011 at 2:38pm
Just bought some 18" curly from an IV and when I brush thru it I can tell Imma need to seal the weft- so got me some aleene's n black liquid rit dye (to keep the glue from turning white if wet)- I have three questions before I tear this hair up....first how much of the rit dye to I need to add to the aleene's? Is the powder rit dye a better application? and does this really work and look good for the long term? ha -cause I'd like to get a few months outta this hair it wasn't cheap ;) Thanks gurls!

-------------

Posted By: June28
Date Posted: May 26 2011 at 6:33pm
Just recently ordered hair from this company WARNING !! GARBAGE HAIR
i ORDERED THE DELICIOUS DEEP WAVE 14 - 16 I FOLLOWED ALL INSTRUCTIONS WITH WASHING AND CONDITIONING , WHEN I APPLIED WATER & CONDITIONER THE HAIR LOOKS MATTED , IT LOOKS NOTHING LIKE THE PHOTOS ON THE SITE.. SO I'M PENETRATING THE CONDITIONER INTO THE HAIR COMBING THROUGH THE HAIR IT SHEDS LIKE CRAZY REMEMBER THE HAIR IS STILL IN THE STATE IT WAS WHEN DELIVERED I DIDN'T EVEN OPEN THE BUNDLE IF THE HAIR SHEDS WHEN I'M COMBING THROUGH IT I KNOW ITS GOING TO SHED ON MY HEAD. ( HELL TO THE NO ) I WANT A REFUND.. FOR NOW ON I'M STICKING TO WHAT I KNOW " EXTENSION'S PLUS " NEVER EVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS HAIR IS SORTA PRICEY BUT I GUESS YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR, I EMAILED THE COMPANY WITH PICTURES I'M JUST WAITING ON A RESPONSE
COMPANY LUXEHAIRBOUTIQUE.COM SHIPPED FROM KIM CAREY 49 W. La Crosse Ave Lansdowne, PA 19050
EMAIL mailto:BRNSUGAGIRL@YAHOO.COM - BRNSUGAGIRL@YAHOO.COM   THE RES NO DIRECT # TO CALL
Any Questions

mailto:cappuccinofrappe@gmail.com - cappuccinofrappe@gmail.com
I will be happy to inform you on the outcome..

Posted By: coco89
Date Posted: May 26 2011 at 6:58pm
*i'm a new self installer* i plan on doing my 2nd self install this weekend. i want to do a swoop, should i leave my edges out? with this last install my edges have really broken off and idk why... does anyone have pics of installs w/o edges being left out?

Posted By: DonnaDaDiva
Date Posted: May 26 2011 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by MsMahoganyRed MsMahoganyRed wrote:

Using a variety of search parameters on this forum, Google and
 YouTube, I still have not found an answer to this question:  how long do (or should)  you wait to wash you hair after it's installed?  I've been told to wait two weeks to 

allow the braids to set underneath.  Has anyone else heard the same thing?

It doesn't really matter as long as 

you are delicate when washing.  You can wash the next day if you like or have the need to...so no, you don't have to wait two weeks.

Thank you!!!!

-------------
I be da sheeyit.

Posted By: HAILIEMATH
Date Posted: May 27 2011 at 4:27pm
I have a question. I want to buy hair from a CV off of aliexpress, I can provide the store number if wanted. They go up to 32 inches. I have been lurking on this board for a couple of years and I'm pretty sure that lengths past 20 mean that the width is shorter and not the weight right? Anyway I'm looking at what the widths are for the 30 to 32 inches and it says that the grams are 105 which is more than the 14-28Confused and all the widths are the same for 14-32, 100 cmConfused. Should I still order or email them and ask? My plan is to buy straight hair and boil it since I want long curly hair, instead of buying shorter lengths and then boiling it and it being even shorter. The CV's don't speak good english so I'm afraid I won't be understood. Oh, and man these error messages on the board are redamndiculous.

Date Posted: May 27 2011 at 4:42pm
Also what is the standard length of the widths for lengths 20 and up? Another vendor has 61cm for 24, 22 is 56cm, and 20 is 51cm.

Posted By: 510QUEEN
Date Posted: May 27 2011 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by HAILIEMATH HAILIEMATH wrote:

I have a question. I want to buy hair from a CV off of aliexpress, I can provide the store number if wanted. They go up to 32 inches. I have been lurking on this board for a couple of years and I'm pretty sure that lengths past 20 mean that the width is shorter and not the weight right?

correct.  the weight is the same 3.5 oz but the width of the wefts is shorter

Anyway I'm looking at what the widths are for the 30 to 32 inches and it says that the grams are 105 which is more than the 14-28Confused and all the widths are the same for 14-32, 100 cmConfused.

Im ConfusedConfusedConfused too thats odd..........please ask all your question befor eyou send money........you kow thats not too accurate since you get less weft on longer hair.....the grams could very well be the same but 5 grams isnt that hugh of a difference from 100g
Confused now the length ot the weft should not be the same  as shorter hair unless the weft has gaps in inConfused

Should I still order or email them and ask? My plan is to buy straight hair and boil it since I want long curly hair, instead of buying shorter lengths and then boiling it and it being even shorter. The CV's don't speak good english so I'm afraid I won't be understood. Oh, and man these error messages on the board are redamndiculous.

-------------

Date Posted: May 27 2011 at 5:03pm
Thanks. Maybe I will ask them to send me pictures. The description says 100cm for each length or as I requestConfused. Hmmm.

Date Posted: May 29 2011 at 3:57pm

Hi guys, I just want to share my frustrations with Halley's Curls. I've been having issues almost as long as I've had the Gentle Wave Relax and their customer support has been less than supportive. I asked about what products I need to use to make the rough, dry, frizzy, shedding, easily tangled hair more manageable and they said use Care Free Curl. I tried and it didn't work and now they're telling me that my hair is tangled because it's dirty and I need to wash it once or twice a week. The problem is, I DO wash my hair on a regular basis and even after I wash and air dry, it tangles. It always tangles. Then they tell me not to use any type of heat on the hair: no flat iron, no blow dryer, no curlers, just wash and wear. If this hair is only useful for one install and can't take heat, why in the hell didn't I just by some $20 synthetic hair? Every instruction they’ve listed, I’ve followed. And to make it worse, customer service tells me they’re not selling magical items that can’t be damaged. Seriously? He also says I need to google how to prevent heat damage, though I only use heat on my hair maybe every two weeks. I can understand and even accept if I received a bad batch; however, their customer service is beyond PATHETIC. I spent over $200 for some hair that needs to be thrown away after the first install. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

I really took my time with this purchase too, I watched hours and hours and hours worth of video to get feedback. I’m new to the weave game, but I believe in research. I’d heard rave reviews for Halley’s and it wasn’t until after the fact that I’d seen so many horror stories. Ah well. I’m glad I found out how they roll before I’d purchased some more from them. Ridiculous that they don’t believe in showing the customer some type of respect.

Posted By: kimora04
Date Posted: May 29 2011 at 5:48pm
Any tips on blending hair? I have straight brown hair but my natural hair is darker (Im a newbie at this.....go easy on me). Until I can get more hairhow can I blend?

Posted By: June28
Date Posted: May 29 2011 at 6:50pm
ALL OF THE HALLEYS CURL HAIR IS GARBAGE ..
IT ALL SHEDS , SO WHATEVER INSTRUCTIONS THEY TELL YOU ITS A LIE..
THE HAIR IS GARBAGE .. Cry I WASTED SO MUCH $$$$$$$$$$$$ ON HALLEYS CURLS HAIR..

Date Posted: May 29 2011 at 10:04pm
semi-perm color it that's all I got for ya girl

HTH

-------------

Posted By: Chelly1113
Date Posted: Jun 02 2011 at 7:20pm
Anyone tried this hair? It's supposed to mimic Jennifer's hair from Basketball Wives? Is it any good..sheds..tangles....etc..Details please! I am thinking about buying some.
http://glamourhouseofhair.com/item_75/Blow-Out.htm

Posted By: starun
Date Posted: Jun 03 2011 at 8:54am
hi everyone...i have a question. For some reason I order a light brown closure (wasnt thinking) its a tad too light so I would like to darken it. Also I need to bleach the knots. So im wondering which should i do first? darken or bleach? If it matters, i want to try to darken it with tea before I go out and buy the rit dye. Thank you

Posted By: dreamz
Date Posted: Jun 03 2011 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by starun starun wrote:

hi everyone...i have a question. For some reason I order a light brown closure (wasnt thinking) its a tad too light so I would like to darken it. Also I need to bleach the knots. So im wondering which should i do first? darken or bleach? If it matters, i want to try to darken it with tea before I go out and buy the rit dye. Thank you

bleach then dye.

-------------
specs: handmade 8" kinky curly upart wig. wefts purchased from http://www.kinkycurlyyaki.com

Date Posted: Jun 03 2011 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by Chelly1113 Chelly1113 wrote:

Anyone tried this hair? It's supposed to mimic Jennifer's hair from Basketball Wives? Is it any good..sheds..tangles....etc..Details please! I am thinking about buying some.
http://glamourhouseofhair.com/item_75/Blow-Out.htm

$99 for 10" - NO.

it's remi kinky straight hair, shop around for a better deal.

-------------
specs: handmade 8" kinky curly upart wig. wefts purchased from http://www.kinkycurlyyaki.com

Posted By: LovesLace
Date Posted: Jun 03 2011 at 5:54pm

Hi guys, I just want to share my frustrations with Halley's Curls. I've been having issues almost as long as I've had the Gentle Wave Relax and their customer support has been less than supportive. I asked about what products I need to use to make the rough, dry, frizzy, shedding, easily tangled hair more manageable and they said use Care Free Curl. I tried and it didn't work and now they're telling me that my hair is tangled because it's dirty and I need to wash it once or twice a week. The problem is, I DO wash my hair on a regular basis and even after I wash and air dry, it tangles. It always tangles. Then they tell me not to use any type of heat on the hair: no flat iron, no blow dryer, no curlers, just wash and wear. If this hair is only useful for one install and can't take heat, why in the hell didn't I just by some $20 synthetic hair? Every instruction they’ve listed, I’ve followed. And to make it worse, customer service tells me they’re not selling magical items that can’t be damaged. Seriously? He also says I need to google how to prevent heat damage, though I only use heat on my hair maybe every two weeks. I can understand and even accept if I received a bad batch; however, their customer service is beyond PATHETIC. I spent over $200 for some hair that needs to be thrown away after the first install. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

I really took my time with this purchase too, I watched hours and hours and hours worth of video to get feedback. I’m new to the weave game, but I believe in research. I’d heard rave reviews for Halley’s and it wasn’t until after the fact that I’d seen so many horror stories. Ah well. I’m glad I found out how they roll before I’d purchased some more from them. Ridiculous that they don’t believe in showing the customer some type of respect.

They are hit or miss, more miss than hit. See if you can do a charge back on your credit card or paypal and report them to the Better Business Bureau for the crappy hair and poor customer service.

-------------
Losers make excuses! Winners make things happen!

Posted By: azsunny77
Date Posted: Jun 04 2011 at 9:24am
Hi Ladies, I am mostly a lurker usually afraid to say much and have definitely been entertained and educated by the board. I have been out of a weave since last fall but now plan to get an install for the summer for easier maintenance and summer fun (water!!)    I took the plunge and ordered curly hair from a CV. I have 2 wefts of Chinese curly and a closure. All are "natural color" and none of them are the same. I googled search the boards and really only found how to lighten hair. I could ask my stylist but the weave pros are here who I hope can save me $ and time!! Can you guys give me an easy way to color all three the same color? I saw a brief mention of a ziploc? I would like a soft black or darkest brown. There are no BSS near me so preferably something I can get at Sallys or Target. If it's not too complicated I would like to know if I can add a few highlights too. Thanks!

Posted By: mocharoni
Date Posted: Jun 04 2011 at 11:40am
Originally posted by azsunny77 azsunny77 wrote:

Hi Ladies, I am mostly a lurker usually afraid to say much and have definitely been entertained and educated by the board. I have been out of a weave since last fall but now plan to get an install for the summer for easier maintenance and summer fun (water!!)    I took the plunge and ordered curly hair from a CV. I have 2 wefts of Chinese curly and a closure. All are "natural color" and none of them are the same. I googled search the boards and really only found how to lighten hair. I could ask my stylist but the weave pros are here who I hope can save me $ and time!! Can you guys give me an easy way to color all three the same color? I saw a brief mention of a ziploc? I would like a soft black or darkest brown. There are no BSS near me so preferably something I can get at Sallys or Target. If it's not too complicated I would like to know if I can add a few highlights too. Thanks!

I use Loreal Preference #3 Natural Black to dye my wefts. Mix equal portions of the color and 10 volume developer, you don't need a higher volulme if you're going darker in color.  I put my wefts in a plastic grocery bag for the required amount of time.

If you want highlights, section those portions off BEFORE you dye the hair.  It's very dificult to lighten/lift color from black (dyed) hair.

HTH

-------------
Genarice in spirit, and concious-mineded

Posted By: beautyspy
Date Posted: Jun 04 2011 at 12:20pm
QUICK QUESTION LADIES, MY 23RD BDAY IS COMING UP AND IWANTED SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. HOW CAN ACHIEVE BOTH LOOKS, IF YOU GUYS KNOW. AND ALSO, WOULD IT BE BEST AS SEW-IN OR QUICKWEAVE? THANKS LADIEESSSSS

Date Posted: Jun 04 2011 at 12:23pm
^^^^I would do a quick weave w/ "cheap" hair since you're going to have to chop it up.

-------------

Posted By: starun
Date Posted: Jun 04 2011 at 2:51pm
Thank you dreamz

Posted By: azsunny77
Date Posted: Jun 04 2011 at 3:11pm
Thank You! I'll head out to look for it.

Date Posted: Jun 07 2011 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by kimora04 kimora04 wrote:

Any tips on blending hair? I have straight brown hair but my natural hair is darker (Im a newbie at this.....go easy on me). Until I can get more hairhow can I blend?

I would suggest minimal leave out if possible and or just rinse the hair...a hair rinse is far cheaper and not permanent than having horrible blending.  Good luck!

-------------

Posted By: mscaribbeanma
Date Posted: Jun 08 2011 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by brittsbee brittsbee wrote:

^^^^I would do a quick weave w/ "cheap" hair since you're going to have to chop it up.

-------------
current length- APL
goal length - MBL-WL
current weight- 167
goal weight-135

Date Posted: Jun 08 2011 at 9:27pm
i can go for a BSS hair for this short look right?

im gonna go for the shoulderlength bob  THEN the body for the rest of the summer so should i still go for a bss "remy" or just regular yaki hair?
http://fabulousweavesbybrittni.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=54989084">

-------------
current length- APL
goal length - MBL-WL
current weight- 167
goal weight-135

Date Posted: Jun 10 2011 at 11:37am
^^^^^ I bought BSS hair when I did a bob.....it was chopped up in so many layers! Next time I may see if a CV has 6-8" hair

-------------

Posted By: seebo123
Date Posted: Jun 10 2011 at 4:44pm
Hi everyone. All around newbie here.

I hope this is indeed the correct place to ask weave questions. I am a 3a/b who has recently been diagnosed with a hormonal imbalance and a thyroid problem. As a result, my hair texture has changed on certain parts of my scalp. My thyroid problem (which I'm on meds for now) also triggered alopecia areata from much of the area just below my ears. These are the parts in which my hair texture (the short bit that is still left) changed, and I think it changed to being 4c. So now I've got uneven hair length, and two drastically different hair textures on my head.

With all that being said (hope that wasn't too tmi or long winded), I am looking for...tracks I think? I have always been completely natural, so I honestly don't know much about this. I want to put these tracks in where my hair loss/hair texture change is, of course. So I would want them to be 3a/b, and be able to be manipulated. In my natural state, I would go back and forth being curly and straight.

How do I go about doing this? Where do I go? My current hairstylist does weaves, but I'd rather show up at her door with some kind of knowledge first. I have no idea where to start.

I'm sorry for being so new, but i would appreciate any help. Embarrassed

Posted By: JAlexandria
Date Posted: Jun 11 2011 at 1:05pm
< ="utf-8">
I have some BoBraz in #1 and I want to add a few highlights.  I'm thinking of a copperish color something similar to what I've seen here. I was gonna try it with a 40 and I read that it was almost mission impossible, but it as been done. Any suggestions? 

Please and thanks.

Date Posted: Jun 12 2011 at 12:38am
Originally posted by seebo123 seebo123 wrote:

Hi everyone. All around newbie here.

I hope this is indeed the correct place to ask weave questions. I am a 3a/b who has recently been diagnosed with a hormonal imbalance and a thyroid problem. As a result, my hair texture has changed on certain parts of my scalp. My thyroid problem (which I'm on meds for now) also triggered alopecia areata from much of the area just below my ears. These are the parts in which my hair texture (the short bit that is still left) changed, and I think it changed to being 4c. So now I've got uneven hair length, and two drastically different hair textures on my head.

With all that being said (hope that wasn't too tmi or long winded), I am looking for...tracks I think? I have always been completely natural, so I honestly don't know much about this. I want to put these tracks in where my hair loss/hair texture change is, of course. So I would want them to be 3a/b, and be able to be manipulated. In my natural state, I would go back and forth being curly and straight.

How do I go about doing this? Where do I go? My current hairstylist does weaves, but I'd rather show up at her door with some kind of knowledge first. I have no idea where to start.

I'm sorry for being so new, but i would appreciate any help. Embarrassed
try making your own thread post sweetz. youll probably get help faster that way.

-------------
current length- APL
goal length - MBL-WL
current weight- 167
goal weight-135

Posted By: niktotmor
Date Posted: Jun 15 2011 at 12:33am
Can some one point me in the right direction, what is the prep process for a chinese lite yaki install? I've tried searching for the process on bhm but I'm finding anything. Thanks in advance

-------------
Thanks!!!!

Posted By: ProductJunkie404
Date Posted: Jun 15 2011 at 2:49pm
Anyone know hair that's a look-a-like for RJUNI 2a?

Date Posted: Jun 15 2011 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by ProductJunkie404 ProductJunkie404 wrote:

Anyone know hair that's a look-a-like for RJUNI 2a?

virgin indian straight imo.

-------------

Date Posted: Jun 15 2011 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by niktotmor niktotmor wrote:

Can some one point me in the right direction, what is the prep process for a chinese lite yaki install? I've tried searching for the process on bhm but I'm finding anything. Thanks in advance

wash
condition
airdry
seal
install

-------------

Posted By: beautifulprincess
Date Posted: Jun 16 2011 at 11:42am

HELPP. my hair is pretty long it reaches my bra strap. i am natural and it is pretty thick. i want to get a sew-in to see how i look with short hair. http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_7bTLuiStujE/TBTsE3JKnuI/AAAAAAAACR0/qLoDqfBvCPE/s640/Rihanna-Black-Afro-HairStyles-2010.jpg&imgrefurl=http://coitasundvi.blogspot.com/2011/06/black-women-short-haircuts-2010.html&usg=__Oh1lIHA7-OjTENUY4oCBLb91noc=&h=556&w=400&sz=49&hl=en&start=107&sig2=I8r99DV50B2rgIwWGpOjFg&zoom=1&tbnid=y1F9dY8nhKe8pM:&tbnh=160&tbnw=123&ei=0TH6TZqpCI_ogQeT8cWRBQ&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dshort%2Bhaircuts%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1419%26bih%3D673%26gbv%3D2%26tbm%3Disch&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=660&vpy=136&dur=1748&hovh=265&hovw=190&tx=130&ty=145&page=5&ndsp=26&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:107&biw=1419&bih=673 - http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_7bTLuiStujE/TBTsE3JKnuI/AAAAAAAACR0/qLoDqfBvCPE/s640/Rihanna-Black-Afro-HairStyles-2010.jpg&imgrefurl=http://coitasundvi.blogspot.com/2011/06/black-women-short-haircuts-2010.html&usg=__Oh1lIHA7-OjTENUY4oCBLb91noc=&h=556&w=400&sz=49&hl=en&start=107&sig2=I8r99DV50B2rgIwWGpOjFg&zoom=1&tbnid=y1F9dY8nhKe8pM:&tbnh=160&tbnw=123&ei=0TH6TZqpCI_ogQeT8cWRBQ&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dshort%2Bhaircuts%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1419%26bih%3D673%26gbv%3D2%26tbm%3Disch&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=660&vpy=136&dur=1748&hovh=265&hovw=190&tx=130&ty=145&page=5&ndsp=26&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:107&biw=1419&bih=673

i'm afraid that this wont look right because my hair may be too thick to braid correctly. any advice? helpppppp

Posted By: beautifulprincess
Date Posted: Jun 16 2011 at 11:43am

HELPP. my hair is pretty long it reaches my bra strap. i am natural and it is pretty thick. i want to get a sew-in to see how i look with short hair. http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_7bTLuiStujE/TBTsE3JKnuI/AAAAAAAACR0/qLoDqfBvCPE/s640/Rihanna-Black-Afro-HairStyles-2010.jpg&imgrefurl=http://coitasundvi.blogspot.com/2011/06/black-women-short-haircuts-2010.html&usg=__Oh1lIHA7-OjTENUY4oCBLb91noc=&h=556&w=400&sz=49&hl=en&start=107&sig2=I8r99DV50B2rgIwWGpOjFg&zoom=1&tbnid=y1F9dY8nhKe8pM:&tbnh=160&tbnw=123&ei=0TH6TZqpCI_ogQeT8cWRBQ&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dshort%2Bhaircuts%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1419%26bih%3D673%26gbv%3D2%26tbm%3Disch&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=660&vpy=136&dur=1748&hovh=265&hovw=190&tx=130&ty=145&page=5&ndsp=26&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:107&biw=1419&bih=673 - http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_7bTLuiStujE/TBTsE3JKnuI/AAAAAAAACR0/qLoDqfBvCPE/s640/Rihanna-Black-Afro-HairStyles-2010.jpg&imgrefurl=http://coitasundvi.blogspot.com/2011/06/black-women-short-haircuts-2010.html&usg=__Oh1lIHA7-OjTENUY4oCBLb91noc=&h=556&w=400&sz=49&hl=en&start=107&sig2=I8r99DV50B2rgIwWGpOjFg&zoom=1&tbnid=y1F9dY8nhKe8pM:&tbnh=160&tbnw=123&ei=0TH6TZqpCI_ogQeT8cWRBQ&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dshort%2Bhaircuts%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1419%26bih%3D673%26gbv%3D2%26tbm%3Disch&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=660&vpy=136&dur=1748&hovh=265&hovw=190&tx=130&ty=145&page=5&ndsp=26&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:107&biw=1419&bih=673

i'm afraid that this wont look right because my hair may be too thick to braid correctly. any advice? helpppppp

Date Posted: Jun 17 2011 at 2:23pm
Anyone use a HCSR closure with SSRR hair?I know It may be a risk but after seeing the "swoop bang" post/pic the closure looked so natural... And now I'm a little indecisive. Initially I was going to order the SS closure to match but wondering if the HC would be a good match. Any info would be helpful. I need to order this weekend for upcoming install. Thanks.

Posted By: Melialy
Date Posted: Jun 17 2011 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by Prtybrwneye_z Prtybrwneye_z wrote:

Anyone use a HCSR closure with SSRR hair?I know It may be a risk but after seeing the "swoop bang" post/pic the closure looked so natural... And now I'm a little indecisive. Initially I was going to order the SS closure to match but wondering if the HC would be a good match. Any info would be helpful. I need to order this weekend for upcoming install. Thanks.

I'm interested in getting SSRR too!! I've never tried their closures, but the one review I read on this board wasn't good. HC usually has good closures. I don't see why it wouldn't match since they're both relaxed texture.

What lengths did you get for the SSRR??

Date Posted: Jun 17 2011 at 5:58pm
I got 12in and 14in 1b. Haven't done anything to the hair yet. But love the texture right out the pack. Plan to wash and seal over the weekend and also got some if SS weft sealer to test out. I'm thinking they should match but wondering if the SS may be a bit more coarse than the HC.

Posted By: Melialy
Date Posted: Jun 17 2011 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by Prtybrwneye_z Prtybrwneye_z wrote:

I got 12in and 14in 1b. Haven't done anything to the hair yet. But love the texture right out the pack. Plan to wash and seal over the weekend and also got some if SS weft sealer to test out. I'm thinking they should match but wondering if the SS may be a bit more coarse than the HC.

I wish I could help more. But let me know how that SSRR works out! I'm obsessed with getting it and I've heard nothing but good reviews Thumbs Up

Posted By: neolady22
Date Posted: Jun 18 2011 at 9:46pm

SSRR is relaxed process on Indian hair.  HC uses Maylay hair to process the hair

Date Posted: Jun 19 2011 at 12:21pm
Hey ladies sorry for jackin the thread but Imma kill my vendor I just got these two textures a few days ago and their supposed to be curly but the first bundle looks more like a loose wave and the second bundle (pic) looks more like a romantic wave....Cry
What specific textures do u guys think these look like? Thanks for the help-
http://public.fotki.com/YaKiGuRl/virgin-hair/ - http://public.fotki.com/YaKiGuRl/virgin-hair/

Posted By: dflower
Date Posted: Jun 20 2011 at 5:08pm
I'm a complete newbie when it comes to sew-in's and I'm trying to self install. I hope this isn't a dumb question, but when you're sewing the hair in, do you sew with the needle going through the actual track, or do you go under? 

Date Posted: Jun 20 2011 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by dflower dflower wrote:

I'm a complete newbie when it comes to sew-in's and I'm trying to self install. I hope this isn't a dumb question, but when you're sewing the hair in, do you sew with the needle going through the actual track, or do you go under? 

you can do either.
but i'd say do under, less shedding and it doesn't ruin the wefts. makes them longer lasting.

-------------

Date Posted: Jun 20 2011 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by **YaKiGurL** **YaKiGurL** wrote:

Hey ladies sorry for jackin the thread but Imma kill my vendor I just got these two textures a few days ago and their supposed to be curly but the first bundle looks more like a loose wave and the second bundle (pic) looks more like a romantic wave....Cry
What specific textures do u guys think these look like? Thanks for the help-
http://public.fotki.com/YaKiGuRl/virgin-hair/ - http://public.fotki.com/YaKiGuRl/virgin-hair/

both look like plain wavy hair, the first one looks coarse. very pretty.

-------------

Posted By: LawDiva1908
Date Posted: Jun 22 2011 at 2:39pm
I am obsessed with replicating the look & versatility of Jennifer Williams of Basketball Wives hair. 
http://www.stylebistro.com/lookbook/Jennifer+Williams - http://www.stylebistro.com/lookbook/Jennifer+Williams
Is there any expert who has an idea of what her hair details are.  Meaning what kind of hair and what kind of installation as well.  Do you think she just has a perfect match in textures and she has her natural hair out at the top or is she using some type of closure/frontal.  I initially thought she just had a great blend like in this picture:
http://chocolatefashionblog.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/just-wright-5.jpg - http://chocolatefashionblog.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/just-wright-5.jpg
but as I've been doing more research I believe at least sometime it's some type of closure bc if you look closely sometime her part doesn't go all the way to the end of the hairline (but close enough that if I hadn't been obsessing & researching this I wouldn't have noticed) like in this picture:
http://videos.brokencurve.com/1edfd3362c8a49c58225319d666cc90e.jpg - http://videos.brokencurve.com/1edfd3362c8a49c58225319d666cc90e.jpg
Or she does "interesting" things w/ her parts:
http://mstrendy.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/jennifer-williams.jpg - http://mstrendy.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/jennifer-williams.jpg
Which makes me think, it's not hers at the top.  And I think I've seen her on the show with a pretty neat high ponytail so PLEASE any real HELP you can give would be greatly appreciated as I am SERIOUSLY obsessed!!!

Date Posted: Jun 23 2011 at 10:08pm
that is amazing diva-cool stuff!

Posted By: VickiO912
Date Posted: Jun 24 2011 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by LawDiva1908 LawDiva1908 wrote:

I am obsessed with replicating the look & versatility of Jennifer Williams of Basketball Wives hair. 
http://www.stylebistro.com/lookbook/Jennifer+Williams - http://www.stylebistro.com/lookbook/Jennifer+Williams
Is there any expert who has an idea of what her hair details are.  Meaning what kind of hair and what kind of installation as well.  Do you think she just has a perfect match in textures and she has her natural hair out at the top or is she using some type of closure/frontal.  I initially thought she just had a great blend like in this picture:
http://chocolatefashionblog.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/just-wright-5.jpg - http://chocolatefashionblog.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/just-wright-5.jpg
but as I've been doing more research I believe at least sometime it's some type of closure bc if you look closely sometime her part doesn't go all the way to the end of the hairline (but close enough that if I hadn't been obsessing & researching this I wouldn't have noticed) like in this picture:
http://videos.brokencurve.com/1edfd3362c8a49c58225319d666cc90e.jpg - http://videos.brokencurve.com/1edfd3362c8a49c58225319d666cc90e.jpg
Or she does "interesting" things w/ her parts:
http://mstrendy.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/jennifer-williams.jpg - http://mstrendy.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/jennifer-williams.jpg
Which makes me think, it's not hers at the top.  And I think I've seen her on the show with a pretty neat high ponytail so PLEASE any real HELP you can give would be greatly appreciated as I am SERIOUSLY obsessed!!!

She wears Glam Luxe hair extensions. http://www.facebook.com/glamluxehair and http://glamluxe.net/

Date Posted: Jun 25 2011 at 12:01am
single or double drawn? lookin t my vendors pricelist and i dont understand what that means

-------------
current length- APL
goal length - MBL-WL
current weight- 167
goal weight-135

Posted By: QUEST__love
Date Posted: Jun 25 2011 at 8:46pm
Hey everyone... I'm trying to save some money before I go back to school and I was wondering if anyone had a good CV referral?!:]

Date Posted: Jun 26 2011 at 1:11am
Originally posted by QUEST__love QUEST__love wrote:

Hey everyone... I'm trying to save some money before I go back to school and I was wondering if anyone had a good CV referral?!:]
this question is a question that will get in trouble girly lol

-------------
current length- APL
goal length - MBL-WL
current weight- 167
goal weight-135

Posted By: quwii
Date Posted: Jun 27 2011 at 10:10pm
Hi ya'll:) I just got some AAMH kinky Curly and wanted to know if I should deep condition it before the install? I've been looking on the boards and can't find anything that says what exactly and why i should be doing certain things to it. Do I HAVE to seal the wefts if i'm not splitting it? I heard that its hard to sew through if its sealed. I also heard that you should wait 5days before your install if you seal it in. I'm installing it in on Wednesday (36hours from nowTongue) do you guys think I'll be able to condition, seal, and air dry in 24 hours? Thanks for the adviceBig smile

Posted By: darlinnic
Date Posted: Jun 28 2011 at 10:37am
Hi!
I am a newbie and this is my 2nd post.
So, I am six months post relaxer, I plan to relax someday but for the meantime I am wearing sew ins back to back. I have been lurking around this forum looking at all of the pretty curls, waves and kinks and I want some too.
I have never purchased virgin hair so this will be my first time.
I was thinking of getting some virgin Indian wavy and I have a few sources that I can purchase from but do you think it will blend right? I have about 2.5 inches of new growth.
I know about twisting it at night and adding serum.. Which is what I do now (I have bobbi boss ocean wave installed be nice)
I don't know anyone who can install a closure.
Will Malaysian hair be better for me?
I think my hair type is 4B

I will be in the pool and in the hot Vegas heat later in the month.
I was also considering touching up where my leaveout will be (it's a very small amount)..
Do you think Malaysian hair would be better than Indian ?
I just want virgin hair with a wave that I don't constatntly have to apply heat to.
I appreciate all suggestions.. Even the ones that point me back to the 101 thread 
Thanks!

Posted By: QUEST__love
Date Posted: Jun 28 2011 at 2:24pm
mmmk. or not. 

Posted By: suckafreemc
Date Posted: Jun 28 2011 at 10:25pm
i have a challenge for the serious weave pros...

i want a sew in, with i guess the egdes left out. i am a relaxed 4 b/c shoulder length, so i would probably get a 12 and 14 inch...

problem? well i'm having a horrible time figuring out what hair to get! i really don't know if i'm ready to spend a big stack on vendor hair, because i am a college student, and my money goes to clothes and partying and emergency fund first, this will be my first sew in.

truthfully, i'd prefer BSS store hair, because i could get that bobbi boss indi remy (i think thats it). at the same time, i like, no I LOVE BIG hair, and I know I'll look fly in it too, but if i get virgin hair, i'll have the hardest time blending my leave out with the curls that i would want in my weave...

what to do :/ ?

Date Posted: Jun 28 2011 at 10:26pm
^^^order hair from a chinese vendor for less than BSS hair

-------------

Posted By: Curlii_Sue
Date Posted: Jun 28 2011 at 10:34pm
I'm new to BHM & ii have a question about curly perming tracks/weaves/wefts. I have Indian hair, but I'd rather *muck* up sum Outre Euro Straight first. So my question is can I achieve the curls in the picture with a curly perm and if so, how. Thanks in advance!

-------------
Hug a Hater 2dayy & tell that hoe, she too will make iit sumdayy!!!
♥ ♥ ♥ muah!!!

Posted By: Curlii_Sue
Date Posted: Jun 28 2011 at 10:48pm
I'm new, but while I was peaking around, I found a forum on ONYX Mongolian hair.  Check the the link, one woman was satisfied with her first closure, but her next one was horrible.  Hope it helps with your decision!

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=313468&PN=9&title=Onyc-kinky-curly-is-not-worth-the-mOney - http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=313468&PN=9&title=Onyc-kinky-curly-is-not-worth-the-mOney

-------------
Hug a Hater 2dayy & tell that hoe, she too will make iit sumdayy!!!
♥ ♥ ♥ muah!!!

Posted By: jamaicancutie
Date Posted: Jun 29 2011 at 12:49pm
hi,
i just turned 16 and i was wondering what would be best for a sew in for me arujuni hair or bobbi boss from the bss?
and what is some good chinese vendors?
thanks

Posted By: dflower
Date Posted: Jun 29 2011 at 4:40pm

Originally posted by dflower dflower wrote:

you can do either.
but i'd say do under, less shedding and it doesn't ruin the wefts. makes them longer lasting.

Thank you so much Anuli Big smile! I was so confused about this. Such a newbie Ouch

Posted By: NAAN
Date Posted: Jun 30 2011 at 9:14am

poof*

-------------

Posted By: Ejisubroni
Date Posted: Jun 30 2011 at 10:43pm
Well cant say I know who the Laniks vendor is but all the best in trying to find that out lol. In regards to your other question, I purchase some wefts and a frontal form a cv sometime in nov/dec and i have abused it a lot but its still doing just amazing! It just depends on who you buy from so read through and ask questions or pm and youll be amazed at how gracious people on this board are.

Posted By: NAAN
Date Posted: Jul 01 2011 at 2:17am

K cool bt can you possibly PM that CV tho if you dont mind?

lol well gurl I'ma PM u the vendors name for Laniks once I discover it. Wink

Now where do I begin... * googles*

-------------

Posted By: Ejisubroni
Date Posted: Jul 01 2011 at 8:53am
Sure no problem. Lol waiting patiently for the vendor for Laniks.

Print Page | Close Window