Forum Name: Hair Types
Forum Description: Discussions on Hair Types
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=308737
Printed Date: Dec 13 2017 at 7:39pm

Topic: Black women with 3c hair
Posted By: shontayshontay
Subject: Black women with 3c hair
Date Posted: May 07 2011 at 7:36am
Okay I'm gonna apologize in advance if this this offends any one sorry but I'm just curious are there any FULLY black women with 3c hair

Replies:
Posted By: Lilnicka4u2nv
Date Posted: May 07 2011 at 9:38am
Yes.

-------------

Posted By: hall367
Date Posted: May 08 2011 at 3:31pm
Both my parents are black. I am 3c 4a. I am African American, so I know theres been a lot of racial mixing in my past - but my parents, grandparents, and great grandparents were all black.

Posted By: ms.blue
Date Posted: May 08 2011 at 3:37pm
Even though you asked about women my grandfather on my mother side who is Ghanaian has 3b/3c hair.

Posted By: Insensitive.
Date Posted: May 08 2011 at 5:18pm
I was told so far I look like I am a 3c and I am black.

-------------

Posted By: renee728
Date Posted: May 08 2011 at 6:21pm
I have 3c/4a hair and both of my parents are black.  My mother's grandfather was caucasian.  I have three sisters ; one sister is the same as I and the other two are 3a/3b.  

Posted By: nOB0DYb33TT3R
Date Posted: May 08 2011 at 6:40pm
I'm fully black and I too have 3c hair

-------------
It's called neighborhood watch. If you only use your eyes nobody dies!- B Fox,Nancy Grace commentator

Posted By: msprettycute
Date Posted: May 08 2011 at 8:56pm
I am fully black. My parents, grandparents, and great grandparents are black. I have 3b/3c hair. Being fully black does not mean you can't have a looser or less "kinky" hair texture. I personally know  white girl with kinkier looking hair than mine.

Posted By: ChocolatePie777
Date Posted: May 08 2011 at 9:31pm
rofl

-------------
"I came into this World kicking and screaming and covered in someone else's blood; I wouldn't mind going out the same way"

Date Posted: May 08 2011 at 9:34pm
am I the only one who considers 3c hair "black hair" anywayz???...I swear it is yo....I understand you questioning 3b , but 3c, nah thats usually where the "kinkyness" begins...

-------------

Date Posted: May 08 2011 at 9:35pm
Not only that, but I figured black people are just about all mixed for the most part, and even if you are not, curls are common. 

-------------

Posted By: ego
Date Posted: May 09 2011 at 2:40am
Geek I got 3b/3c and I'm fully blacc.

-------------
I ain't did sh*t bruh.

Date Posted: May 09 2011 at 3:03am
Thank you all for your responses I don't mean to catergorize but where I live at the only fully black women that I know with 3c and even 4a are mixed with indian or white so I just went with the conclusion that all fully black women have 4b hair

Posted By: esther78
Date Posted: May 09 2011 at 3:44am
wher do u live

Posted By: CurlySky
Date Posted: May 09 2011 at 3:59am
I'm fully black & I have 3b7/3c hair, but neither of my parents do. It just depends on the person, sometimes genes don't play much of a role.

Date Posted: May 09 2011 at 7:33am
Sorry I meant to say the only black women I know who have 3c+ hair are mixed and the fully black have 4b
@Esther78 Arizona

Date Posted: May 09 2011 at 10:00am
I'm curious too, OP, where do you live?

Date Posted: May 09 2011 at 10:03am
Sorry, I didn't see your response OP before I posted.  you live in Arizona

Date Posted: May 09 2011 at 10:17am
Probably a lot of 3c down there bing 7a's due to that high heat and not using a good conditioning treatment or hair product with no SPF

-------------

Posted By: esther78
Date Posted: May 09 2011 at 11:38am
Originally posted by Insensitive. Insensitive. wrote:

Probably a lot of 3c down there bing 7a's due to that high heat and not using a good conditioning treatment or hair product with no SPF

I was asking because I lived most part of my life between Africa and France before I moved to the state,and I too never seen a black girl with 3c s hair in the past.
I mean none of my friend,family mumbers or even black people that I used to see in the salon had 3cs hair .I don't pretend to have seen all black people head over there,but...
So I was wondering,Tongue

We all have the same  African ancestors even though in europe its usually the 1st 2nd,3rd ,4th,..generation,but it never goes as deep as here in the united state where most African American have been here for generation and generation.

I quote you because you mentioned the heat and the conditioning,... but I really don't know why it is this way

Posted By: msprettycute
Date Posted: May 09 2011 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by Lilnicka4u2nv Lilnicka4u2nv wrote:

am I the only one who considers 3c hair "black hair" anywayz???...I swear it is yo....I understand you questioning 3b , but 3c, nah thats usually where the "kinkyness" begins...

+1

Posted By: PurpleMoonShine
Date Posted: May 09 2011 at 9:38pm
I am African American with 4a hair.  My daughter is also fully AA and has 3b/3c hair.  Go figure.  But all I can think of is Mr. Kotter.  What was he, because he had an AWESOME 'FRO!  Isn't that actor white?  (lol, hello Mister Kot-tear!)

Date Posted: May 11 2011 at 7:20am
Maybe idk but I have noticed that a lot of black women down don't condition there hair after shampooing a to be honest I don't think most of them use conditioner at all moisturizers either

Posted By: slayfresh
Date Posted: May 11 2011 at 7:32am
i'm full black and I have 4a hair my daughter is full black and is 3c/4a

-------------

Posted By: AllyOrNotAlly
Date Posted: May 12 2011 at 3:14pm
Depends on what you consider fully black.

But I have 3c hair.

And pretty sure there are some people in Africa who are "blacker" than me that have looser curls than me.

-------------
Sleep paralysis occurs when you fall asleep... a Pikachu climbs on you and uses thunder wave.

Posted By: hall367
Date Posted: May 12 2011 at 4:18pm
I was wondering, are most black women in your area relaxed? I know here they are. If they are there too, how do you know they are 4b?

Posted By: missyo67
Date Posted: May 12 2011 at 7:20pm
I'm 3c/4a.....  very black.....

-------------
What is your "BRAND"?
Leptin Reset and CT = BanginBody.com
www.jackkruse.com

Posted By: 504CreoleBeauty
Date Posted: May 13 2011 at 8:03am
If u don't ask you won't know The natural texture of my hair is kinda 3b/c. My family is creole so I'm sure that has a lot to do with me but there are many of us black ppl with no other lineage (that we kno of) that has hair this texture naturally.

Posted By: ViviMx95
Date Posted: May 13 2011 at 8:21am
I know this might be ignorant, but I think the stereotyped 3c is only found in mixed girls.....don't attack.

-------------
Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference...

Posted By: missdezy
Date Posted: May 13 2011 at 11:41am
^hmm, I agree

Date Posted: May 13 2011 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by ViviMx95 ViviMx95 wrote:

I know this might be ignorant, but I think the stereotyped 3c is only found in mixed girls.....don't attack.

The bolded is key, blacks wouldn't really know what the majority of our hair is like because the majority relax...

remember there was originally no "3C"  3c is nothing but curl size, which is smaller than the original 3b but bigger than 4a...I think mixed people have a stereotyped texture more than curl size, which is quite interchanged...

-------------

Date Posted: May 17 2011 at 1:16am
The sad part is that there are women straight out of Africa with very little if any mixed heritage with everything from 2a to 4z hair. I guess some of you are still too brainwashed by you know who to understand that. 

-------------

Date Posted: May 17 2011 at 1:27am

The sad part is that there are women straight out of Africa with very little if any mixed heritage with everything from 2a to 4z hair. I guess some of you are still too brainwashed by you know who to understand that. 

true....sighs...but we cant get on them, just educate...some people cant help that they have been taught ignorance...

-------------

Posted By: Stam
Date Posted: May 29 2011 at 6:58pm

If you know what you're about to say is ignorant don't say it.

Yes OP it does exist. Ethiopians and Eritreans have 2a,2b,2c,3a,3b, and 3c hair. Black.

Posted By: tammygirl
Date Posted: May 29 2011 at 7:52pm
Most black people in america are mixed to some degree. I don't believe that the majority of western and sub-saharan africans have type 2 or 3 hair. Many of you are referring to north-eastern africans (like somalians, ethiopians, egyptians, etc) that often have looser textures. A black person in the U.S. may not be half black or a quarter black, but I do believe that mixed ancestry somewhere down the line (including possible mixing with north-eastern africans, asians, caucasians, indians, etc) causes looser textured hair. But the misconception is that that person with 3b hair MUST be only half black or something.

Posted By: iLoveMrCortez
Date Posted: May 30 2011 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by tammygirl tammygirl wrote:

Most black people in america are mixed to some degree. I don't believe that the majority of western and sub-saharan africans have type 2 or 3 hair. Many of you are referring to north-eastern africans (like somalians, ethiopians, egyptians, etc) that often have looser textures. A black person in the U.S. may not be half black or a quarter black, but I do believe that mixed ancestry somewhere down the line (including possible mixing with north-eastern africans, asians, caucasians, indians, etc) causes looser textured hair. But the misconception is that that person with 3b hair MUST be only half black or something.

IA

-------------
SNATCHIN WIGS & TAKIN NAMES

Posted By: rredict
Date Posted: May 31 2011 at 9:55am
I guess i don't understand what is so unique??. Most African Americans are mixed with something if you go back a few generations. Both my parents were AA, but my great and great great grandparents were bi-racial on both sides of my family. Their is white and indian. 

My real hair is 3C, which is no biggy to me.

Posted By: mscaribbeanma
Date Posted: May 31 2011 at 10:02am

-------------
current length- APL
goal length - MBL-WL
current weight- 167
goal weight-135

Posted By: KurlieBeautie
Date Posted: May 31 2011 at 12:15pm
I'm fully black. And I agree with the above statement. 

-------------
Couldn't go very long w/o a puppy Avi! <3

Wags NC. Full p0rn when I finally install to my satisfaction.

Posted By: LovesLace
Date Posted: May 31 2011 at 1:12pm

-------------
Losers make excuses! Winners make things happen!

Posted By: ms.blue
Date Posted: May 31 2011 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by LovesLace LovesLace wrote:

True statement. My family is from Ghana and the hair ranges in my family is 3b-4b.

Posted By: Alexis303
Date Posted: Jun 11 2011 at 7:14am

^^This.  We just can't seem to understand that Africa was always very rich in diversity.  People varied quite substantially in everything from size, to skin tone, to hair texture.  I'm Black and 3C.  I think that is actually pretty common.

Posted By: NaturalBeauty01
Date Posted: Jun 11 2011 at 11:32pm
ITA with Alexis303 and some others. Africa was always rich in diversity, that is why scientifically speaking, all other ethnicities and physical traits were able to come out of her. True for most African-Americans our ancestors came from certain parts of Africa where maybe 3b/3c hair was not very common, so that is why we don't see it much over here...

Posted By: NaturalBeauty01
Date Posted: Jun 11 2011 at 11:37pm
And also some people don't realize that the genes for skin tone and hair are not really connected. That is why it does happen that an African American (assuming the average multi-racial ancestry) may have dark skin but 3b or 3c hair. My brother is an example. Or vice versa- light skin, maybe even light hair, but 4b texture.

Lots of misconceptions out there about heredity.

Date Posted: Jun 11 2011 at 11:41pm
Dont jump all over me yall, but what black africans straight outta africa with all black ancestry have hair in the 2b-3c range? i always thought that type of hair was indicative of some mixture

-------------

Date Posted: Jun 12 2011 at 5:53am
There are many different ethnicities on the African continent and always have been.  There is a lot of misconception IMO, even here, about what people "straight from Africa" look like.  As I said in my first post, they vary quite a lot in physical feature, skin tone, and hair type and yes- I am talking about people whose ancestors are from Africa as well and are not of mixed heritage.  Not all are dark skinned with the kinkiest of hair.

Posted By: DeliciouslyWeird
Date Posted: Jun 13 2011 at 1:49pm
For the most part I really don't think so. At least not what comes to mind when I think of 3c which is like Corbin Blue lol or Rachel True. But a mix of 3c/4a sure, that's my texture.

Date Posted: Jun 13 2011 at 1:54pm
Just because you're straight from Africa means you aren't mixed? Can someone explain the logic?

Posted By: AllyOrNotAlly
Date Posted: Jun 13 2011 at 6:33pm
http://www.happygirlhair.com/2009/12/hair-day_20.html - http://www.happygirlhair.com/2009/12/hair-day_20.html

Ethiopian twin girls with beautiful, yet completely different hair.

I don't know what(if anything) that they are "mixed" with. But hair type is diverse among many people with similar backgrounds.

-------------
Sleep paralysis occurs when you fall asleep... a Pikachu climbs on you and uses thunder wave.

Posted By: khivey
Date Posted: Jun 13 2011 at 6:40pm

Because Africa is so close to Spain, France, Italy and is part of the UK...Africa is very diverse and there are white Africans because they were born in Africa so they are African. Plus you have the Moroccans and the Arabs as well. You have a lot of black Africans that mix with other races so you do have various hair types and textures. African Americans are mixed with a whole lot of things...when most people think of Africa they think of the Africans in certain parts where you see the really dark and kinky hair people. So most people associate that to black and so when people see a black person with loosely curly hair or 3b-c texture they say ´they are said to have that good hair´when that is the texture of a lot of indirectly mixed black people (what I mean by indirectly is the mom-grand-great parents look fully black and have kinky hair so their mix comes from deeper down the line). But like someone else said..a lot of people have chemically processed hair and have had it most of their lives so they don´t really know their texture it is just assumed based off of their immediate and extended family. I also agree with what another person said that ..black americans mainly have 3b-c hair pretty much.

-------------
Hair Type:3c/4a
Hair Length:SBL
“The approval of others often forms an essential part of our capacity to think we are right.”

Date Posted: Jun 14 2011 at 4:43am
Originally posted by DeliciouslyWeird DeliciouslyWeird wrote:

Just because you're straight from Africa means you aren't mixed? Can someone explain the logic?

If you are talking about my post, I didn't say that.  I said that it is possible to be from Africa, not be mixed, and still have any number of different hair textures.  Several different hair textures are found in people of pure African descent (a brief study of anthropology would prove this).  I didn't say that it is not possible to be mixed and from Africa.  I am not sure how you got that from my post if I am the one you are talking about.  

Of course, it's possible to be from Africa and be mixed.  I can't believe anyone would even question that.  As I said, it is also possible to be from Africa, NOT be mixed, and have natural 3C hair.

Date Posted: Jun 16 2011 at 1:31pm
was ethiopia ever invaded or colonized by any european countries?

-------------

Date Posted: Jun 23 2011 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by iLoveMrCortez iLoveMrCortez wrote:

Nope. Ethiopia is of the only two African countries that were not colonized by Europeans. Italy tried and failed. They are a joke in Ethiopia, and Italians never speak of it. They also comitted HORRIBLE genocide there.

Date Posted: Jun 23 2011 at 8:48pm

North Africans, and North-East Africans aside, 90% of West, Central and Southern African men and women have type 4 hair. It is gorgeous hair.

Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: Jun 23 2011 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by Stam Stam wrote:

Nope. Ethiopia is of the only two African countries that were not colonized by Europeans. Italy tried and failed. They are a joke in Ethiopia, and Italians never speak of it. They also comitted HORRIBLE genocide there.

What group was responsible and who was it against?

Date Posted: Jun 24 2011 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

Originally posted by Stam Stam wrote:

What group was responsible and who was it against?

Italians invaded and murdered Ethiopians.

Posted By: shortnsweet08
Date Posted: Jun 24 2011 at 9:55pm
Yes. African features, skin color, hair types, etc. are a LOT more diverse than people think. 

Posted By: bellacnella
Date Posted: Jun 24 2011 at 10:00pm
my mother is african american with true 3b/c hair...we are not "mixed" by any common understanding of the term "mixed"  It is beautiful.  My hair is type 4 with type 3c in certain areas.  my sisters have a weird in between hair type...they do not chemically alter their hair at all.   Black people are a diverse group with many hair types.

-------------
http://public.fotki.com/bellacnella18/

Posted By: mimi0505
Date Posted: Jun 24 2011 at 10:08pm
interesting topic, i'm new to the forum but decided to post to share my two cents on Africans and hair texture.

i'm 100% African, my family is from Somalia and most of us have a mix of 3B/3C. majority of Ethiopians, Eritreans, and Somalis have 3b or 3c hair... although some do have 4a hair. North Africans like some Sudanese have looser textures as well, but that is mostly due to Arab mixture from the North.

Posted By: juniordetective
Date Posted: Jul 07 2011 at 6:24pm
Uhm hi! I don't have 3c hair, I have 4a and some sprinkles of 4b and 3c in my hair. My family does have some admixture, but my mother has straight up 4b hair, it's thick and long. I have 4a hair that has defined curls. Not all type 4 hair looks the same is what I'm trying to get at. But I saw a mixed girl with hair JUST LIKE MINE except her's was blonde. She was half black and half white. And I saw another mixed girl who's hair was super kinky. Like a cloud. And not all type 4 hair is kinky. I wouldn't call my hair kinky becuz my hair has defined curls/coils on it's own. I call it coily. Even curly sometimes.

-------------
So now we got signatures....(4/13/2011)

Posted By: queenb714
Date Posted: Jul 12 2011 at 9:19pm
Confused

Posted By: soyini53
Date Posted: Jul 19 2011 at 9:56am
Define "fully black".

Date Posted: Jul 19 2011 at 12:06pm
If you are African American you're not all black, somewhere down the line you have other ancestry. And I know people from the horn of Africa are a different story, but I'm talking straight black, sub-saharan/west/south/central africa with no mixture....I wonder if they would have 3c hair. I was under the impression that they would have 4b/4c and sometimes 4a

-------------

Posted By: RebeccaMarie
Date Posted: Jul 19 2011 at 12:10pm

If you are African American you're not all black, somewhere down the line you have other ancestry. And I know people from the horn of Africa are a different story, but I'm talking straight black, sub-saharan/west/south/central africa with no mixture....I wonder if they would have 3c hair. I was under the impression that they would have 4b/4c and sometimes 4a

I would think that they'd have 4b/4c hair but you never know

Posted By: momentoindigo
Date Posted: Jul 19 2011 at 12:14pm
@ilovemrcortez.

That's what I think, too. I don't know what people mean when they say "I'm black and my parents are black and I have so-so hair..."

Are you saying you the lot of you have brown skin or known relatives of other or halved ethnicities so that makes you all black? 
It is my understand that most every "black" person is derived from mixed descendants somewhere. I, too, think that can (meaning not ALL the time) play a part of textures and complexions. It is also my understanding that certain ethnicities are created on mixing (puerto rican, cuban, dominican, cape verdean (sp?), etc...

So I think the question is, if there is in fact a such thing as being NOT at all mixed? And if that question were answered... what would their texture be

Just trying to clarify?

-------------
www.urbaneccentrik.com

Posted By: Veemack
Date Posted: Jul 19 2011 at 12:20pm
Afroid people hair texture is curly,no matter if you are African American or African. We are Afro people. Afro people have curly hair period. It always has been. God made us with curly hair. Now we as people, put degrees of curls on each other. And then assign a number to it. When Afro hair is just curly period.

Posted By: teendiva
Date Posted: Jul 19 2011 at 12:28pm

Would? Do you mean could? Confused
Anyway, the answer is YES. Reading is fundamental.

Posted By: Babykittyjade
Date Posted: Jul 19 2011 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Veemack Veemack wrote:

Afroid people hair texture is curly,no matter if you are African American or African. We are Afro people. Afro people have curly hair period. It always has been. God made us with curly hair. Now we as people, put degrees of curls on each other. And then assign a number to it. When Afro hair is just curly period.
Clap

Posted By: bellacnella
Date Posted: Jul 19 2011 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by Veemack Veemack wrote:

THIS!!!

Type 3 hair is nothing out of the ordinary for black people.

-------------
http://public.fotki.com/bellacnella18/

Posted By: kurlykiss
Date Posted: Jul 20 2011 at 7:39pm
its not about the curl pattern really i think its more about texture. like someone can have 3b hair and it be very coarse and another person can have 3b hair and it be very silky. most aa women have more coarse hair but it can be curly, not just kinky

-------------

Posted By: mangachan
Date Posted: Jul 22 2011 at 3:01pm

My dad's hair is 3c and after tracing his family back on all sides 4+ generations back, their is virtually no non-black ancestry.  Many black people have varied textures but they don't care enough to find out what it is, what it does, or what really works for it so they lump it all in one category and usually not in a good way.

Date Posted: Jul 23 2011 at 10:27am
Originally posted by kurlykiss kurlykiss wrote:

its not about the curl pattern really i think its more about texture. like someone can have 3b hair and it be very coarse and another person can have 3b hair and it be very silky. most aa women have more coarse hair but it can be curly, not just kinky

Actually most AA have fine hair. Type 4 hair tends to me the finest. But the pattern is tight. And most of us do have 3c and 4a hair.

-------------

Posted By: corenybay
Date Posted: Jul 23 2011 at 10:33am
I knew this Ethiopian girl. She had like 3c hair. But I think your hair changes textures the longer it gets.

-------------
No More Relaxer April 19, 2011. :]

Date Posted: Jul 23 2011 at 10:54am
Originally posted by juniordetective juniordetective wrote:

Actually most AA have fine hair. Type 4 hair tends to me the finest. But the pattern is tight. And most of us do have 3c and 4a hair.

by fine do you mean like thin? i never said anything about that im talking about texture. my words were silky and coarse so does fine also count as silky?

-------------

Date Posted: Jul 24 2011 at 8:25am

by fine do you mean like thin? i never said anything about that im talking about texture. my words were silky and coarse so does fine also count as silky?

No. By fine I mean thin strands. Texture is different from pattern. Texture is the feel of the strands (spongy, wiry, silky, etc) you can have coarse silky hair. Asians tend to have it. The strands are thick but straight, giving them the silky effect. I'm saying most AA have fine strands, and yes a lot of them are silky, but since the pattern is so tight, you're not feeling the actual strand, you are feeling the strand's curl pattern. Density also plays a part on how the hair looks as a whole. For example, if you have a tight curl pattern, a lot of strands per square inch, and fine strands, it can come off as being coarse when in fact it's not. Just like a lot of people assume naturally straight hair is fine when in fact it can be any of the three strand thicknesses.

-------------

Date Posted: Jul 24 2011 at 10:36am

No. By fine I mean thin strands. Texture is different from pattern. Texture is the feel of the strands (spongy, wiry, silky, etc) you can have coarse silky hair. Asians tend to have it. The strands are thick but straight, giving them the silky effect. I'm saying most AA have fine strands, and yes a lot of them are silky, but since the pattern is so tight, you're not feeling the actual strand, you are feeling the strand's curl pattern. Density also plays a part on how the hair looks as a whole. For example, if you have a tight curl pattern, a lot of strands per square inch, and fine strands, it can come off as being coarse when in fact it's not. Just like a lot of people assume naturally straight hair is fine when in fact it can be any of the three strand thicknesses.

you know what? that actually makes sense because i see a lot of black girls with coarse looking hair in their pony tails but on the tops of their head its all smoothed down. and ill ask how come you dont just smooth it all like that? okay so fine = thin strands which are the opposite of thick strands. i understand wiry hair, it usually just looks unhealthy IMO. but what the heck is spongy hair? all i think of when i think of sponges is that they soak everything up, does the same thing apply with hair? if so how can that be a type of texture?

-------------

Date Posted: Jul 24 2011 at 11:38am
Originally posted by DeliciouslyWeird DeliciouslyWeird wrote:

I honestly don't remember if I was talking to you or not. I feel like I would've quoted but idk. Generally speaking though this seems to be the consensus at least irl. It's sad.

-------------
Man free my Blass!!
....Witcha Bitch Ass!!

Posted By: Livvydivvy96
Date Posted: Jul 28 2011 at 5:06pm
Yes. My dad is nigerian and my mom is black. We haven't traced any non black people in her family.
I'm 3c with a little 3b and 4a

Posted By: toohot1000
Date Posted: Aug 19 2011 at 9:50am

'Because Africa is so close to Spain, France, Italy and is part of the UK..'

Actually Khivey this is not the case. The UK as in the United Kingdom consists only of Wales, England, Northern Ireland & Scotland. The UK is part of the continent Europe as is France, Italy & Spain. But Africa is no way shape or form is a part of the UK or Europe, it is a separate continent.

Signed Linda

Welsh  & proud of it.

Posted By: Cleopatra Jones
Date Posted: Aug 21 2011 at 2:20am
how many times is this gonna be discussed?
there are NO FULLY BLACK WOMEN, 4b is a Black texture, period
now the case is, you don't have to have MUCH of admixture to get it, the same with light skin, you can be 90% afro and get that texture, but at least don't be delusional as to where it came from

Posted By: Lolliren
Date Posted: Aug 21 2011 at 2:28am
Originally posted by Cleopatra Jones Cleopatra Jones wrote:

how many times is this gonna be discussed?
there are NO FULLY BLACK WOMEN, 4b is a Black texture, period
now the case is, you don't have to have MUCH of admixture to get it, the same with light skin, you can be 90% afro and get that texture, but at least don't be delusional as to where it came from

wat
http://www.rebelrockrunners.org/gallery/d/15896-2/what.gif

-------------

Date Posted: Aug 21 2011 at 2:38am
I said the before and imma say it again...3c is a"black curl type" tooErmm...its kinky curly hair wtf!  just like we have we have a variety of skintones, and features, its the same for hair textures and hair types...

I was just chilling with my Nigerian side of the fam this past weekend, we have a variety of skin tones , hair textures and even eye colors...and my Naija side def aint mixed...I see the same for alot of West Africans...

-------------

Date Posted: Aug 21 2011 at 2:39am

I said the before and imma say it again...3c is a"black curl type" tooErmm...its kinky curly hair wtf!  just like we have we have a variety of skintones, and features, its the same for hair textures and hair types...

I was just chilling with my Nigerian side of the fam this past weekend, we have a variety of skin tones , hair textures and even eye colors...and my Naija side def aint mixed...I see the same for alot of West Africans...
same with eye colors. light eyes originated in Asia, Africans CANNOT have them without outside influence

Date Posted: Aug 21 2011 at 2:45am

same with eye colors. light eyes originated in Asia, Africans CANNOT have them without outside influence

do you even know how "nappy" hair originated? early peoples would burn their heads off if they didnt have tightly coiled strands lol

Date Posted: Aug 21 2011 at 2:49am

you do know that Asians and African share alot of the same features right?...and no Naija my fam isnt mixed at all...I know my powerful African bloodline really far back...and light eyes don't come from Asia, they have dark hair and eyes too thats Caucasoid trait...

-------------

Date Posted: Aug 21 2011 at 2:50am

you do know that Asians and African share alot of the same features right?...and no Naija my fam isnt mixed at all...I know my powerful African bloodline really far back...and light eyes don't come from Asia, they have dark hair and eyes too thats Caucasoid trait...

thats what i meant Confused
Asia - Caucasians, Caucasians come from Asia . get it? not gonna argue about it tho, peace

Date Posted: Aug 21 2011 at 2:51am
why would it be unbelievable to you that your naija fam can have some outside influence from 10000 years back? there were migrations. duh, igbos claim they descended from jews

Date Posted: Aug 21 2011 at 3:02am
I'm not Igbo...my family has strong political influence, so were are recorded pretty far, we know who our greats are and who their children are...

-------------

Posted By: thelurkingKind
Date Posted: Aug 25 2011 at 7:58pm

IOW, black mom/black dad? Of course, anecdotal evidence aside though , that is not the norm. 

Posted By: long and strong
Date Posted: Sep 04 2011 at 2:53am
Even though hair texture is seemingly set in stone, I found that hair texture can change depending on how the hair is handled. For instance I had a hair cut years ago in the back of my head. The hair in the back went from a 4a texture to a 3c texture. The hair on the top of my head remained 4a until that was cut in a mini chop and began to resemble a 3c texture. The time cut my hair I was still in high school and after I was done my mother had told me that cutting my hair would make it thicker. She never said anything about it permanently changing in texture. I know that my hair texture changed because it was cut that short. Now none of my hair resembles its' original texture. This isn't something that I was prepared for or intended to do. For years it bothered me that I had two distinct hair textures in my head so out of frustration I decided to cut hair on the top of my head to match the texture in the back. The hair on the top an in front of my head changed has well but no to the same degree as the hair in the back.

What I'm trying to say is that we don't always know who has what in terms of hair type so therefore we shouldn't stress ourselves about it especially not someone else's hair type. I never worried about what my hair type was, I never thought about it before coming to hair boards and now that I know about hair typing I don't feel it has any real application IRL except as a point of reference, well for me anyway. I just work with it and accept it for what it is...finally.

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Sep 04 2011 at 7:08pm
*Backs out of thread*

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR

Posted By: Livvydivvy96
Date Posted: Oct 22 2011 at 5:41pm
I don't understand why some people just don't wanna believe 100% black African people can't have non nappy hair. That's ridiculous. Seriously. EVERY SINGLE ancient African had nappy hair? Please.

Posted By: Alisha
Date Posted: Oct 22 2011 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

*Backs out of thread*

+1

-------------
Im just a weirdo doing what i consider normal

Posted By: mspatty
Date Posted: Oct 22 2011 at 6:27pm
sigh/....................

Posted By: Afrobuttafly
Date Posted: Oct 24 2011 at 5:05pm
SMH. We will never get over this skin/hair texture/eye color issue will we. 

-------------
}|{ Afrobuttafly

Date Posted: Nov 03 2011 at 9:23pm
My boyfriend is Somali/Egyptian and he has tighter curls than mine. His looks to be 4b but idk for sure. His sister looks to have 3c hair, maybe even 3b. But his grandmother also had blue eyes. My dad is about 1/5 white and he has light brown eyes. So genes from other "races" do play a roll on how people look.

And if you look at the migration patterns, Caucasians did come after Asians. It goes Africans, Eurasians, Asians, Europeans, then Native Americans.

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 03 2011 at 10:59pm

why would it be unbelievable to you that your naija fam can have some outside influence from 10000 years back? there were migrations. duh, igbos claim they descended from jews

Usually, if your hair is substantially odd for your race, its because of a parent, grand parent, or great grand parent may have been of another race or mixed. Not from your evolutuionary great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great grand parents .

Humans, especially ethnic ones, come in all shades, shapes, and forms. The fact that just MAYBE we don't all have the same hair type is not that hard to understand. Especially if you look at the true reason why we evolved these hair types. 

-------------

Posted By: littlebabybug
Date Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 12:53pm
this isn't offensive. 
the answer is yes. but of course, what does one mean by full black? i consider myself full black, but i am aware that far back in my blood line there is "other" admixture that my family claims is native american although i'm somewhat inclined to say white. 
but in my family everyone has type 3a-3c hair, with no type 4. i myself have 3b/3c, but apart from my hair look like a "regular" black girl lol
it's only when i wear makeup that people start comin out the woodwork questioning my ethnicity haha
but yeah, a lotta people assume it's only biracial people that have type 3 hair, but it's not exactly true. 

Posted By: LadyAradia
Date Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 9:59am
Frederick Douglass was 1/2 White.   I think we would agree he actually looks like a typical Black that is around nowadays. Henry Gates showed on his DNA tv show that even the darkest blacks have 17% or so Caucasian DNA these days. And a lot of people who "look" Black are as much as 60 some percent WHITE! Nowadays we would not believe Frederick Douglass is  half white because we are so diluted that we expect those who are 1/2 white to look like what is really like only 1/4 black. 
They've even discovered Michelle Obama's White relatives. SO long story short, what we are calling BLACK people these days are really only 40-70% black and like the other 1/2 white any how. 
I am 1/2 white so I guess that means I am really maybe 1/3 or 1/4 black by today's diluted standards. 
So YES, A LOT of people who call themselves pure black have 3c hair because most "blacks" nowadays are close to 1/2 white like Frederick Douglass due to the whole race being a lot more diluted than it was 100 years ago.

Posted By: juniper angel
Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 11:48pm
Bhm is not real life

Print Page | Close Window