Print Page | Close Window

biracial women with white mothers

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk (Newbies)
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=307127
Printed Date: Jan 28 2022 at 1:19pm


Topic: biracial women with white mothers
Posted By: Lilacflower1988
Subject: biracial women with white mothers
Date Posted: Apr 21 2011 at 11:21am
Do you think that biracial women with white mothers and black fathers should be able to call themselves black women? I get fustrated with this because how can they be a black woman when they didn't even come from one and really don't know much about us. I don't think they should get that title. I hate hearing Halle Berry (who has a white mother) be called "The most beautiful black woman). To me, that just seems unfair. Who else feels this way?



Replies:
Posted By: egyptiennequeen
Date Posted: Apr 21 2011 at 11:30am

I don't think anyone who's biracial (that is, black and white) regardless of which one of their parents is black or white should be calling themselves black. If the mother's white and the father's black, you are mulatto. If the mother's black and the father's white you are a mulatto. Case closed.



Posted By: Bunnyahh
Date Posted: Apr 21 2011 at 11:49am
Basic Bish.....is that you???

-------------
Hi BHM!! Lovely day I'm having. How about you?


Posted By: missbueno
Date Posted: Apr 21 2011 at 11:49am
i use to feel this way..but honestly it all about how they are raise..if they want to identify themselves as white or black they have the right to..what would you say if it were you?

-------------
I BLAME ONIKA


Posted By: LightSkinGoodHair
Date Posted: Apr 21 2011 at 12:06pm
I always tell people that I'm mixed with some Native American blood.


Posted By: Lilnicka4u2nv
Date Posted: Apr 21 2011 at 12:13pm
What if they dark as Nicoal???

-------------


Posted By: coilyartist
Date Posted: Apr 21 2011 at 12:27pm
as a multi-cultural woman, I refer to myself as black, because that is the first thing that a person sees when they see you. And you never know how they are being raised in their home.

Do you have something against white people or something?


-------------
lolliesnlife.blogspot.com
locsladylocs.blogspot.com

"You know why we're stuck with the myth that only black people have soul? Because white people don't let themselves feel things"

- Janis J


Posted By: coilyartist
Date Posted: Apr 21 2011 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by egyptiennequeen egyptiennequeen wrote:

I don't think anyone who's biracial (that is, black and white) regardless of which one of their parents is black or white should be calling themselves black. If the mother's white and the father's black, you are mulatto. If the mother's black and the father's white you are a mulatto. Case closed.


The word mulatto is so archaic and outdated, and is still used to hurt people in the south. The modern term is bi-racial.


-------------
lolliesnlife.blogspot.com
locsladylocs.blogspot.com

"You know why we're stuck with the myth that only black people have soul? Because white people don't let themselves feel things"

- Janis J


Posted By: missbueno
Date Posted: Apr 21 2011 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by Lilnicka4u2nv Lilnicka4u2nv wrote:

What if they dark as Nicoal???

girl on tyra was dark skin that was biracial (white mother), but identify herself as a white rocking a confederate flag and all..but it her decision she looked like a fool in my opinion.


-------------
I BLAME ONIKA


Posted By: coilyartist
Date Posted: Apr 21 2011 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by missbueno missbueno wrote:

Originally posted by Lilnicka4u2nv Lilnicka4u2nv wrote:

What if they dark as Nicoal???

girl on tyra was dark skin that was biracial (white mother), but identify herself as a white rocking a confederate flag and all..but it her decision she looked like a fool in my opinion.

I saw that episode, and she did look like a fool, but I think it's all in how a child with a mixed or multi racial background is raised. That is why you can't say that you don't want them to call themselves a black woman/man when that is all that they know and how they were raised. 


-------------
lolliesnlife.blogspot.com
locsladylocs.blogspot.com

"You know why we're stuck with the myth that only black people have soul? Because white people don't let themselves feel things"

- Janis J


Posted By: solo
Date Posted: Apr 21 2011 at 1:01pm
-_________-

-------------
- solo


Posted By: Lilnicka4u2nv
Date Posted: Apr 21 2011 at 1:20pm
You know what I just realized??...why do people think of mutliracial people like they are slices of pizza???

Genetics dont work like that LOL...


-------------


Posted By: Lilacflower1988
Date Posted: Apr 21 2011 at 1:20pm
I saw that episode and the girl's mother was actually a black woman. Also, I have a VERY hard time believing she was biracial. She looked way too black to me. Her mama must've lied to her about who her real daddy is cause she was darker than her mama.


Posted By: missbueno
Date Posted: Apr 21 2011 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by coilyartist coilyartist wrote:

Originally posted by missbueno missbueno wrote:

Originally posted by Lilnicka4u2nv Lilnicka4u2nv wrote:

What if they dark as Nicoal???

girl on tyra was dark skin that was biracial (white mother), but identify herself as a white rocking a confederate flag and all..but it her decision she looked like a fool in my opinion.

I saw that episode, and she did look like a fool, but I think it's all in how a child with a mixed or multi racial background is raised. That is why you can't say that you don't want them to call themselves a black woman/man when that is all that they know and how they were raised. 
my point exactly, thats what i stated in my first response..its their personal choice, the world could love it or hate it lol


-------------
I BLAME ONIKA


Posted By: missbueno
Date Posted: Apr 21 2011 at 1:23pm
AlSO, i rather someone tell me their either black or white.. rather than running around screamin "im mixed" all the time

-------------
I BLAME ONIKA


Posted By: coilyartist
Date Posted: Apr 21 2011 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by Lilacflower1988 Lilacflower1988 wrote:

I saw that episode and the girl's mother was actually a black woman. Also, I have a VERY hard time believing she was biracial. She looked way too black to me. Her mama must've lied to her about who her real daddy is cause she was darker than her mama.

You do know that genetics are a hell of a thing right? My sisters have a different father from me, and they are Afro-Latina and look like what I guess YOU would call an average black woman, when they are indeed mixed/multi-racial, however you want to put it. It's all in you genetic make-up....


-------------
lolliesnlife.blogspot.com
locsladylocs.blogspot.com

"You know why we're stuck with the myth that only black people have soul? Because white people don't let themselves feel things"

- Janis J


Posted By: ChocolatePie777
Date Posted: Apr 21 2011 at 1:25pm
op you are on a roll aren't ya

-------------
"I came into this World kicking and screaming and covered in someone else's blood; I wouldn't mind going out the same way"


Posted By: coilyartist
Date Posted: Apr 21 2011 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Lilnicka4u2nv Lilnicka4u2nv wrote:

You know what I just realized??...why do people think of mutliracial people like they are slices of pizza???

Genetics dont work like that LOL...

That's a good question?

*sits*


-------------
lolliesnlife.blogspot.com
locsladylocs.blogspot.com

"You know why we're stuck with the myth that only black people have soul? Because white people don't let themselves feel things"

- Janis J


Posted By: Lilacflower1988
Date Posted: Apr 21 2011 at 2:01pm

I know there are instances where a child can come out looking all of one race but be biracial. But, I really don't believe that girl was biracial. I think her mama was lying to her. But, I'm not trying to force my opinion on anyone. That's just my thought.



Posted By: hautsdeseine
Date Posted: Apr 21 2011 at 2:44pm
I think white people call every bi racial person black just because they are darker.
Ive only see people sometimes calling biracial white in Africa.
Plus, for me its hard to see biracial peeps with white mothers who raised them feeling they are black just because they have white culture. When you have a black mother and live with her, you feel black just because of what your mother thaught you.
But some biracial with white moms, who know they are rejected by their white part, take advantage on the black community since they like them. I guess OP thats the Hally berry case.


Posted By: AllyOrNotAlly
Date Posted: Apr 21 2011 at 2:49pm
If I were white, I'd still call my kiddies black.

-------------
Sleep paralysis occurs when you fall asleep... a Pikachu climbs on you and uses thunder wave.


Posted By: egyptiennequeen
Date Posted: Apr 21 2011 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by coilyartist coilyartist wrote:

Originally posted by egyptiennequeen egyptiennequeen wrote:

I don't think anyone who's biracial (that is, black and white) regardless of which one of their parents is black or white should be calling themselves black. If the mother's white and the father's black, you are mulatto. If the mother's black and the father's white you are a mulatto. Case closed.


The word mulatto is so archaic and outdated, and is still used to hurt people in the south. The modern term is bi-racial.
 
 
 
Not all biracial people are half black and half white.


Posted By: shoulderlengthb
Date Posted: Apr 21 2011 at 5:23pm
I don't really think about this kind of stuff..

-------------
I be calling out names, but I ain't taking attendance


Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Apr 21 2011 at 6:10pm
It's hard argue something this when you don't have an agreeable definition of what "Black" is even amongst those of African proportions


Posted By: coilyartist
Date Posted: Apr 21 2011 at 8:33pm
@egyptian.

I know. Either way you swing it, I know that people of mixed race don't want you calling them a mulatto. I say, respect their wishes and call them what they prefer. plain and simple.


-------------
lolliesnlife.blogspot.com
locsladylocs.blogspot.com

"You know why we're stuck with the myth that only black people have soul? Because white people don't let themselves feel things"

- Janis J


Posted By: iLoveMrCortez
Date Posted: Apr 21 2011 at 8:51pm
um it depends. i think mixed girls with white moms tend to be more whitewashed. i dont view some of them as true black people because they identified with their white mom more so of course they are gonna have that white influence.  vs. a mixed person with a black mom who was the main influence a lot of times u can just tell a difference. plus some of them like hauts said feel better than regular blacks and take advantage of the praise and attention. NOT ALL MIXED PEOPLE, BUT SOME

also if you are half nonblack and half black, you cannot be the prettiest black anything. how that work when half your genes come from a white woman? halle may be the prettiest mixed woman but her beauty cannot represent black women b/c she is not fully black

-------------
SNATCHIN WIGS & TAKIN NAMES


Posted By: Lilacflower1988
Date Posted: Apr 21 2011 at 9:29pm
Clap Could not have said that better myself.


Posted By: shebastacey
Date Posted: Apr 22 2011 at 6:44pm
I believe people should identify themselves how best they feel comfortable and what their parents believe is comfortable. For some it's to say bi-racial, for others it's to verbally identify according to appearance. It says nothing about what goes on in their home or their relationship with their parents.

If Halle identifies as Black, I don't have a problem with it. If Rashida Jones identifies as White I don't have a problem with it. I Mariah Carey identifies a White and Black-Venezualean (sp) I don't have a problem with it.

Sonja Sohn identifies as Black. That doesn't mean she doesn't embrace her Korean heritage or identity.

Jennifer Beals identifies as bi-racial though early in her career she rarely played a Black character or even a bi-racial character.  When she made her debut in Flashdance and the studio felt like revealing that her father is Black would hurt the movie and her career, she gave them the finger and showed up proudly at the premiere with her father and her mother as her dates. lol

Sue Simmons identifies as Black because her Black father and her White mother raised her to do so. Her mother told her that when people look at her, they don't see White and the hateful people only see (insert slurs). They thought it was best and she accepted it and she believes what they taught her was the right thing for her life. And, that is what matters. What she thinks. Not what others, who have no stake in her life think.


Posted By: mscaribbeanma
Date Posted: Apr 22 2011 at 6:52pm
is the rule..
you are what you father is (are)?. has anyone ever heard that


-------------
current length- APL
goal length - MBL-WL
current weight- 167
goal weight-135


Posted By: Lilacflower1988
Date Posted: Apr 22 2011 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by mscaribbeanma mscaribbeanma wrote:

is the rule..
you are what you father is (are)?. has anyone ever heard that
I personally never agreed with that. I tend to go with how jewish people feel. The child is the same as the mother is. That's what I personally believe. Everyone's first teacher is their mother and most biracial children (with a white mother) don't have their father's present so they are taught everything by their white mother's, alone. So, as a result, the biracial female child is not gonna be able to identify with a black woman. On the other hand, a biracial female child born to a black woman will pretty much understand everything about black women. And, that's why, in MY opinion, THEY have the right to self identify as a black woman but not those born to white women.


Posted By: laceyfront
Date Posted: Apr 22 2011 at 8:05pm

Everybody who is mixed will be considered black.....deal with cause it will never change.



Posted By: ImThatDiva
Date Posted: Apr 22 2011 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by Lilnicka4u2nv Lilnicka4u2nv wrote:

What if they dark as Nicoal???



IseewhatyoudidthereGeek 

-------------
Mrs.ImThatModdlessDiva
TWERKIN' MY WAY DOWNTOWN
CARS DRIVE PAST
DRIVERS CRASH AND I'M LOWDOWN
-Midna


Posted By: Lilacflower1988
Date Posted: Apr 22 2011 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by laceyfront laceyfront wrote:

Everybody who is mixed will be considered black.....deal with cause it will never change.

I refuse to deal with it and will ALWAYS remain that way!


Posted By: coilyartist
Date Posted: Apr 22 2011 at 8:40pm
Lilac, you never answered my question in your previous thread....do you not like white people?

-------------
lolliesnlife.blogspot.com
locsladylocs.blogspot.com

"You know why we're stuck with the myth that only black people have soul? Because white people don't let themselves feel things"

- Janis J


Posted By: Lilacflower1988
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 1:28am
Originally posted by coilyartist coilyartist wrote:

Lilac, you never answered my question in your previous thread....do you not like white people?
Honestly. No, I don't.


Posted By: Bahiyieh
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 1:49am
I am biracial and I call myself black, I  also check biracial on forms but I don't think we're to say what others call themselves. I really dont understand these type of attitudes, though I better learn them because my daughter, (6months) currently has reddy light brown hair and bright blue eyes, doesn't look mixed for a second (she's a 1/4 black) ...but im sure she'll encounter this attitude.

This is why mixed ppl develop complexes, white people call them black and black ppl call them white...im obviously not white. so i get called too black to be mixed...the world is rough. lol


-------------
May the long time sun

Shine upon you,

All love surround you,

And the pure light within you

Guide your way on.


Posted By: Lilacflower1988
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 1:52am
Originally posted by Cyance Cyance wrote:

they're usually the best kind of black woman especially if they're from a stable home

they look black but was raised with some white habits and manners
They will NEVER be black women. Your biracial female children will never be us (and d%mn sure will never be better) and that's the last I'mma say to you about that.


Posted By: Bahiyieh
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 1:53am
Originally posted by Lilacflower1988 Lilacflower1988 wrote:

Originally posted by coilyartist coilyartist wrote:

Lilac, you never answered my question in your previous thread....do you not like white people?
Honestly. No, I don't Confused.
Shocked
Wow. so this is where it comes from. At least you're honest, but dang. A white man doesn't like black ppl and he's a racist assh*le, a black woman doesn't like white ppl and she's just honest 


-------------
May the long time sun

Shine upon you,

All love surround you,

And the pure light within you

Guide your way on.


Posted By: Bahiyieh
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 1:55am
Originally posted by Lilacflower1988 Lilacflower1988 wrote:

Originally posted by Cyance Cyance wrote:

they're usually the best kind of black woman especially if they're from a stable home

they look black but was raised with some white habits and manners
They will NEVER be black women. Your biracial female children will never be us (and d%mn sure will never be better) and that's the last I'mma say to you about that.

LOLInteresting stuff. In Africa it was the opposite, you are what your father is. Either way, my daddys the white one so. I guess Im black now. lol


-------------
May the long time sun

Shine upon you,

All love surround you,

And the pure light within you

Guide your way on.


Posted By: Bahiyieh
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 1:56am
Originally posted by Cyance Cyance wrote:

black people can't be racist

at worst we can just be prejudiced

Really? and how is that?! thats actually not true. black ppl cannot be racist...lol


-------------
May the long time sun

Shine upon you,

All love surround you,

And the pure light within you

Guide your way on.


Posted By: Bahiyieh
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 2:12am
Definition of racism: The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.

Okay, we're talking about racist ideology not politics. But there are in fact black people in politics (uhm, hello our President)  and working on policy. As for whether they, black, white or yellow would act on it, putting into policy ideas which work against others of another race, they shouldn't nor should anyone its unethical. The goal is not that the once oppressed start to oppress. 



-------------
May the long time sun

Shine upon you,

All love surround you,

And the pure light within you

Guide your way on.


Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 3:14am
Originally posted by Bahiyieh Bahiyieh wrote:

Originally posted by Cyance Cyance wrote:

black people can't be racist

at worst we can just be prejudiced

Really? and how is that?! thats actually not true. black ppl cannot be racist...lol


They can't. Not in America


Posted By: Bahiyieh
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 3:46am
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

Originally posted by Bahiyieh Bahiyieh wrote:

Originally posted by Cyance Cyance wrote:

black people can't be racist

at worst we can just be prejudiced

Really? and how is that?! thats actually not true. black ppl cannot be racist...lol


They can't. Not in America


You're right. We live in a melting pot, if anyone are the real underdogs here, it's Mexicans, they're the ones being paid under the table whilst we turn a blind eye, they're the one putting food on your table...But we live among too much beautiful culture and are interdependent on each other for survival to despise each other. Plus, it'd make Martin Luther King look down upon us and frown. We've come to far to play silly games...
But back to the topic "Can biracial women with white mothers be called black?" UM- DUUUUUUH! they're BI-RACIAL, why are they "BI-"RACIAL, what does that mean?  It means that they are BLACK/WHITE. Now, you look at me in my avi and try telling me that I should call myself a white woman. You are crazy. And oh, perhaps not me because why, I'm darker than other biracial ladies? Well then that's being worst than racist, that's focusing truly on someone color and that's pretty despicable. 
As black women we should stick together..Confused



-------------
May the long time sun

Shine upon you,

All love surround you,

And the pure light within you

Guide your way on.


Posted By: lacehairwigs uk
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 4:39am
my daughter says "mummy you're black","daddy is white" and "i'm black and white"


Posted By: carli_80
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 4:43am
So... which is it to be?according to BHM we can't claim both our white and black parents because that automatically means that we are only doing so because we think we're special or better than everyone else and we should only claim black.
 
But we can't claim only black if we are born to white mothers??...
this is why people need to forget the one drop rule and just let people identify with whatever makes then happy.
 


Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 4:46am
Originally posted by Bahiyieh Bahiyieh wrote:



You're right. We live in a melting pot, if anyone are the real underdogs here, it's Mexicans,


As black women we should stick together..Confused



Wtf@ mexicans lol

& you are bi-racial. You can denounce your white side if you want.


Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 4:47am
Originally posted by Bahiyieh Bahiyieh wrote:

Originally posted by Lilacflower1988 Lilacflower1988 wrote:

Originally posted by coilyartist coilyartist wrote:

Lilac, you never answered my question in your previous thread....do you not like white people?
Honestly. No, I don't Confused.
Shocked
Wow. so this is where it comes from. At least you're honest, but dang. A white man doesn't like black ppl and he's a racist assh*le, a black woman doesn't like white ppl and she's just honest 


she is prejudiced/bigoted


Posted By: solo
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 6:47am
#TeamBahiyieh

-------------
- solo


Posted By: Spokenword
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 10:51am
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

Originally posted by Bahiyieh Bahiyieh wrote:

Originally posted by Cyance Cyance wrote:

black people can't be racist

at worst we can just be prejudiced

Really? and how is that?! thats actually not true. black ppl cannot be racist...lol


They can't. Not in America
word.


Posted By: Spokenword
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 11:00am
i remember halle berry said her mother told her when she was young and having trouble with being bi-racial, to look in the mirror and to identify with whichever makes her comfortable, and halle said she identified herself as a black woman.
 
i really think it is unfair to try to push people of bi-racial/multi-racial backround to choose one or the other or to tell them they can't claim part of their background.  it seems like black women have the biggest issue with this (the OP is a prime example).  people don't come into this world picking and choosing their racial make-up.  people should do what makes them comfortable and happy.  bi-racial/mult-racial is becoming more of the norm now anyway, i suggest those who have issues learn someway to cope with it. 


Posted By: Flowing-Ice
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 11:14am
IMO if you don't claim both your sides you are doing a disservice to your parents. and there is no "looking" mixed. genetics is weird that way. So... yeah claim both. black people can be racist. I've never really met a mixed person that didn't have a million complexes in one. They feel like they have to "choose" who they want to be. and then they have to "choose" who they want to date. motherfPcker this is not multiple choice be yourself. 

anyways. mixed people are all diluted blacks or whites to me. in america they usually are under the term of "reject" so they (feel obligated to) identify with the black community. *shrug* just my observation. 


-------------
And Jean Paul Gaultier and a Hermes bag and four inch tips made of ostrich ;Sharp enough to slit your wrists her lips spread gossip ;Won't say sorry when she offends


Posted By: Bahiyieh
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 11:14am
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

Originally posted by Bahiyieh Bahiyieh wrote:



You're right. We live in a melting pot, if anyone are the real underdogs here, it's Mexicans,


As black women we should stick together..Confused



Wtf@ mexicans lol

& you are bi-racial. You can denounce your white side if you want.

Confused Why would I denounce my white side? I love my Dad, I love my family, they've both been nothing but good to me, even if they hadn't...still technically, why am I going to run from the truth, ya I'm bi-racial but I'm also a black woman. As for calling myself a mulatto, I've never head anyone say that word, I speak french so I say I'm "metisse." 


-------------
May the long time sun

Shine upon you,

All love surround you,

And the pure light within you

Guide your way on.


Posted By: coilyartist
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 11:36am
Bahiyieh....yes, you are metisse(en France et peut-etre en Louisiane toute facon)....but like I was telling another, people don't like the term mulatto, it's seen as derogatory because of the context it was used in. I say just say you're bi-racial/multi-racial to others, but let them know how you identify.

To Lilac. I'm really sorry to hear that you don't like white people. My pop pop was a kind old white man who taught me many, many things in life, and I love him for that. Not all white people are the devil. What happened to make you feel that way?

And are you telling me that I myself shouldn't claim black either, even though when others see me, they wouldn't be able to tell that I was multi-racial? Why can't we just let people be who they want others to perceive them as?


-------------
lolliesnlife.blogspot.com
locsladylocs.blogspot.com

"You know why we're stuck with the myth that only black people have soul? Because white people don't let themselves feel things"

- Janis J


Posted By: Nic
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 11:52am
I could care less. Identify with whatever they please.


 In the South,they are never regarded as white,even though they have a white parent.The black community,more often than not,is the one that accepts them and they choose to identify with us. But they are both and can claim both.It really doesn't matter to any of us what another person calls themselves.

In a way,I kind of understand what the OP is saying. In mainstream AND our television,music videos, and movies,the most common image of a black woman is usually a biracial one of white/black parentage instead of a black woman. They call it the 'not quite black' trope and yes,it pisses off quite a few folks.It also reinforces issues of colorism and inadequacy as the image of beauty for us means we either have to be mixed or very light.  Someone like Tika Sumpter, imo,is a far better and realistic version of AA female beauty than Halle Berry. The racism from the OP is unfortunate but I know many people who feel this way.




-------------


Posted By: Lilacflower1988
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by carli_80 carli_80 wrote:

So... which is it to be?according to BHM we can't claim both our white and black parents because that automatically means that we are only doing so because we think we're special or better than everyone else and we should only claim black.
 
But we can't claim only black if we are born to white mothers??...
this is why people need to forget the one drop rule and just let people identify with whatever makes then happy.
 
First of all, you're not speaking for me and I'm only stating MY opinion so why are you bringing everyone else into this? And, no, I don't think you, with a white mother, should be able to self identify as a black woman because you don't know anything about us. Your mindset is that of a white woman because you were raised by one. That's really all you know. And, I hate to sound hypocritical but biracial women born to black mothers are different in my eyes. They actually came out of a black woman and have been taught everything from a black woman. But, you don't know anything about us so, in MY honest opinion, I feel like you don't have the right to call yourself a black woman. You can't identify with us. You can learn everything about our culture but at the end of the day, I feel you STILL have a mindset of that white woman you came from and there's no changing it. You should be able to only identify as a biracial or a white woman IN MY OPINION.


Posted By: Lilacflower1988
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by Spokenword Spokenword wrote:

i remember halle berry said her mother told her when she was young and having trouble with being bi-racial, to look in the mirror and to identify with whichever makes her comfortable, and halle said she identified herself as a black woman.
 
i really think it is unfair to try to push people of bi-racial/multi-racial backround to choose one or the other or to tell them they can't claim part of their background.  it seems like black women have the biggest issue with this (the OP is a prime example).  people don't come into this world picking and choosing their racial make-up.  people should do what makes them comfortable and happy.  bi-racial/mult-racial is becoming more of the norm now anyway, i suggest those who have issues learn someway to cope with it. 
Sorry, but I'm not gonna pretend like I agree with something and I don't. I'm not just gonna sit back and just deal with something I don't like. I may not be able to change the way others feel but I'll ALWAY have control of how I feel. Nobodies gonna tell what to think.


Posted By: Lilacflower1988
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 12:50pm
I respect everyone's individual opinion so why can't you all respect mine? I'm not forcing my opinion down your throat. So, don't tell me how I should feel about this topic. All I asked for was others opinions. I didn't ask anyone to tell me why I need to change my outlook. That's the problem with a lot of people. They can't accept differing opinions. What you may like, someone else may not. Now, you deal with THAT.


Posted By: Bahiyieh
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by Lilacflower1988 Lilacflower1988 wrote:

I respect everyone's individual opinion so why can't you all respect mine? I'm not forcing my opinion down your throat. So, don't tell me how I should feel about this topic. All I asked for was others opinions. I didn't ask anyone to tell me why I need to change my outlook. That's the problem with a lot of people. They can't accept differing opinions. What you may like, someone else may not. Now, you deal with THAT.

Really? REALLY? REALLY, do you think that you respect everybody's opinion? that's clearly not true, since you have issues respecting someone's right to identify with that they truly are, and deep down you KNOW this. Seeing as you don't respect white people because the color of their skin, any kind of them, I'd be hard pressed to believe that you respect EVERYBODY's opinion. 

Deep down there must be a logical part of you when you type: "Why can't we call women with a black parent and a white parent- just white?" It's because of SCIENCE, it's because of GENETICS, it's because even someone with an unscientific and ungenetics oriented mind should be able realize that, it's like painting, OP- if you mix black paint and white paint, what color is the paint now? White? No, it's prob. grey, but still much closer to black than white. 

Again, if you truly think a brown skinned girl is going to call herself white, you're really odd. I know for a FACT that the black community would hate her even MORE. Now, I don't know what you think that white mothers aren't teaching their black daughters, more important to me than learning how to speak with black intonation, is learning about black history, knowing who the prominent black people are, who are our role models and who has brought us, to the place where we now stand. 

And, if I look at my Dad's sister, a white woman, married a black man, has a daughter whose adopted way more black mannerisms than I had a few years ago. However, is this what it comes down to? People are different, just because they may speak and act differently, does not mean that they are uninformed about their history- screw mannerisms, and usage of language towards expression. Being black is way more deep than that...You do not EARN the right to be called a race. And Black people, like white people, are not homogeneous, we don't all act the same, talk the same, or believe the same ..


-------------
May the long time sun

Shine upon you,

All love surround you,

And the pure light within you

Guide your way on.


Posted By: Spokenword
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by Lilacflower1988 Lilacflower1988 wrote:

Originally posted by Spokenword Spokenword wrote:

i remember halle berry said her mother told her when she was young and having trouble with being bi-racial, to look in the mirror and to identify with whichever makes her comfortable, and halle said she identified herself as a black woman.
 
i really think it is unfair to try to push people of bi-racial/multi-racial backround to choose one or the other or to tell them they can't claim part of their background.  it seems like black women have the biggest issue with this (the OP is a prime example).  people don't come into this world picking and choosing their racial make-up.  people should do what makes them comfortable and happy.  bi-racial/mult-racial is becoming more of the norm now anyway, i suggest those who have issues learn someway to cope with it. 
Sorry, but I'm not gonna pretend like I agree with something and I don't. I'm not just gonna sit back and just deal with something I don't like. I may not be able to change the way others feel but I'll ALWAY have control of how I feel. Nobodies gonna tell what to think.
yes, you can voice your opinion like everyone else can and say you don't like it but the fact of the matter is some bi-racial people identify themselves as black.  you don't have to agree, like, etc. but it is what it is.


Posted By: Lilacflower1988
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by Bahiyieh Bahiyieh wrote:

Originally posted by Lilacflower1988 Lilacflower1988 wrote:

I respect everyone's individual opinion so why can't you all respect mine? I'm not forcing my opinion down your throat. So, don't tell me how I should feel about this topic. All I asked for was others opinions. I didn't ask anyone to tell me why I need to change my outlook. That's the problem with a lot of people. They can't accept differing opinions. What you may like, someone else may not. Now, you deal with THAT.

Really? REALLY? REALLY, do you think that you respect everybody's opinion? that's clearly not true, since you have issues respecting someone's right to identify with that they truly are, and deep down you KNOW this. Seeing as you don't respect white people because the color of their skin, any kind of them, I'd be hard pressed to believe that you respect EVERYBODY's opinion. 

Deep down there must be a logical part of you when you type: "Why can't we call women with a black parent and a white parent- just white?" It's because of SCIENCE, it's because of GENETICS, it's because even someone with an unscientific and ungenetics oriented mind should be able realize that, it's like painting, OP- if you mix black paint and white paint, what color is the paint now? White? No, it's prob. grey, but still much closer to black than white. 

Again, if you truly think a brown skinned girl is going to call herself white, you're really odd. I know for a FACT that the black community would hate her even MORE. Now, I don't know what you think that white mothers aren't teaching their black daughters, more important to me than learning how to speak with black intonation, is learning about black history, knowing who the prominent black people are, who are our role models and who has brought us, to the place where we now stand. 

And, if I look at my Dad's sister, a white woman, married a black man, has a daughter whose adopted way more black mannerisms than I had a few years ago. However, is this what it comes down to? People are different, just because they may speak and act differently, does not mean that they are uninformed about their history- screw mannerisms, and usage of language towards expression. Being black is way more deep than that...You do not EARN the right to be called a race. And Black people, like white people, are not homogeneous, we don't all act the same, talk the same, or believe the same ..
I think a biracial child born to a white woman should identify with HER. Not a black woman. You're not gonna ever change my outlook/opinion so just deal with it. I will never view as a black woman. EVER. CASED CLOSED.


Posted By: Spokenword
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by Bahiyieh Bahiyieh wrote:

Originally posted by Lilacflower1988 Lilacflower1988 wrote:

I respect everyone's individual opinion so why can't you all respect mine? I'm not forcing my opinion down your throat. So, don't tell me how I should feel about this topic. All I asked for was others opinions. I didn't ask anyone to tell me why I need to change my outlook. That's the problem with a lot of people. They can't accept differing opinions. What you may like, someone else may not. Now, you deal with THAT.

Really? REALLY? REALLY, do you think that you respect everybody's opinion? that's clearly not true, since you have issues respecting someone's right to identify with that they truly are, and deep down you KNOW this. Seeing as you don't respect white people because the color of their skin, any kind of them, I'd be hard pressed to believe that you respect EVERYBODY's opinion

Deep down there must be a logical part of you when you type: "Why can't we call women with a black parent and a white parent- just white?" It's because of SCIENCE, it's because of GENETICS, it's because even someone with an unscientific and ungenetics oriented mind should be able realize that, it's like painting, OP- if you mix black paint and white paint, what color is the paint now? White? No, it's prob. grey, but still much closer to black than white. 

Again, if you truly think a brown skinned girl is going to call herself white, you're really odd. I know for a FACT that the black community would hate her even MORE. Now, I don't know what you think that white mothers aren't teaching their black daughters, more important to me than learning how to speak with black intonation, is learning about black history, knowing who the prominent black people are, who are our role models and who has brought us, to the place where we now stand. 

And, if I look at my Dad's sister, a white woman, married a black man, has a daughter whose adopted way more black mannerisms than I had a few years ago. However, is this what it comes down to? People are different, just because they may speak and act differently, does not mean that they are uninformed about their history- screw mannerisms, and usage of language towards expression. Being black is way more deep than that...You do not EARN the right to be called a race. And Black people, like white people, are not homogeneous, we don't all act the same, talk the same, or believe the same ..
yep.


Posted By: Spokenword
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 2:34pm

dp.



Posted By: Bahiyieh
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by coilyartist coilyartist wrote:

Bahiyieh....yes, you are metisse(en France et peut-etre en Louisiane toute facon)....but like I was telling another, people don't like the term mulatto, it's seen as derogatory because of the context it was used in. I say just say you're bi-racial/multi-racial to others, but let them know how you identify.

To Lilac. I'm really sorry to hear that you don't like white people. My pop pop was a kind old white man who taught me many, many things in life, and I love him for that. Not all white people are the devil. What happened to make you feel that way?

And are you telling me that I myself shouldn't claim black either, even though when others see me, they wouldn't be able to tell that I was multi-racial? Why can't we just let people be who they want others to perceive them as?


Yah, dude no ONE uses the term mulatto, that's like the equivalent of saying just call yourself coloured, it's not going to happen! 





T'as raison, merci pr la commentaire...


-------------
May the long time sun

Shine upon you,

All love surround you,

And the pure light within you

Guide your way on.


Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 2:40pm
I find it funny that people, who are at the most only 80% African, are telling people who are genetically maybe 20% - 30% less African than they are, that they're not Black.... it's like 'Ni99a, by YOUR theory don't you know YOU'RE not Black!" LOL

#sityoassdown


Posted By: Spokenword
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 2:46pm
@Lilac, what do you mean when you say she should identify with her mother if she is white.  but the child is not white, so that dosent  even make sense. what do you mean when you say "identify"..... 


Posted By: Lilacflower1988
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Spokenword Spokenword wrote:

@Lilac, what do you mean when you say she should identify with her mother if she is white.  but the child is not white, so that dosent  even make sense. what do you mean when you say "identify"..... 
I tend to agree with how jewish people feel. You are what your mother is.


Posted By: Caligirl85
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

I find it funny that people, who are at the most only 80% African, are telling people who are genetically maybe 20% - 30% less African than they are, that they're not Black.... it's like 'Ni99a, by YOUR theory don't you know YOU'RE not Black!" LOL

#sityoassdown


lol you know what i was just thinking that....we are all mixed with something! if you identify with something that gives you self esteem and happiness, go for it!


Posted By: carli_80
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by Lilacflower1988 Lilacflower1988 wrote:

Originally posted by carli_80 carli_80 wrote:

So... which is it to be?according to BHM we can't claim both our white and black parents because that automatically means that we are only doing so because we think we're special or better than everyone else and we should only claim black.
 
But we can't claim only black if we are born to white mothers??...
this is why people need to forget the one drop rule and just let people identify with whatever makes then happy.
 
First of all, you're not speaking for me and I'm only stating MY opinion so why are you bringing everyone else into this? And, no, I don't think you, with a white mother, should be able to self identify as a black woman because you don't know anything about us. Your mindset is that of a white woman because you were raised by one. That's really all you know. And, I hate to sound hypocritical but biracial women born to black mothers are different in my eyes. They actually came out of a black woman and have been taught everything from a black woman. But, you don't know anything about us so, in MY honest opinion, I feel like you don't have the right to call yourself a black woman. You can't identify with us. You can learn everything about our culture but at the end of the day, I feel you STILL have a mindset of that white woman you came from and there's no changing it. You should be able to only identify as a biracial or a white woman IN MY OPINION.
 
The thing is, Im not telling you you can't have your opinion, and I do agree with some of what you're saying , which is why I don't claim to be a black woman for the very reason that I'm part white, it's society that tries to define me that way, with the one drop rule.
How do you know I know nothing about black women? or even who rasied me..  I could have been raised by my dad alone, or black family members. I'm not going to sit here and say I do know what it's like to be a black woman, I never said that.
 
 
 


Posted By: carli_80
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by Lilacflower1988 Lilacflower1988 wrote:

[QUOTE=Bahiyieh]
I think a biracial child born to a white woman should identify with HER. Not a black woman. You're not gonna ever change my outlook/opinion so just deal with it. I will never view as a black woman. EVER. CASED CLOSED.
 
the thing is a lot of America or the world doesn't agree with you, and I don't think anyone is trying to change your outlook/opinion they just don't agree with you.....


Posted By: creole booty
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 4:14pm
I think people can call themselves whatever they want. If a man feels he shouldve been born a woman, he's a woman. If a half black half Chinese girl feels black, she's black. Who am I?

Personally, I would say if u are mixed, that's just it, u r mixed. U don't have to choose sides. U r unique. I'm also against categories too so...yeah.

As far as our media goes, mixed people should not represent one race. They are mixed. It just seems like a safe way to exclude black without really excluding it. Or to add hispanic without really adding it. Same for Asians. We end up so divided because everyone doesn't feel included.


Posted By: Lilacflower1988
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by carli_80 carli_80 wrote:

Originally posted by Lilacflower1988 Lilacflower1988 wrote:

[QUOTE=Bahiyieh]
I think a biracial child born to a white woman should identify with HER. Not a black woman. You're not gonna ever change my outlook/opinion so just deal with it. I will never view as a black woman. EVER. CASED CLOSED.
 
the thing is a lot of America or the world doesn't agree with you, and I don't think anyone is trying to change your outlook/opinion they just don't agree with you.....
That's all fine and good. But, as long as I can have MY opinion, that's all that matters. I would never look at you the way I look at a woman born to a black mother. You're different from us. Very different.


Posted By: Lilacflower1988
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by carli_80 carli_80 wrote:

Originally posted by Lilacflower1988 Lilacflower1988 wrote:

Originally posted by carli_80 carli_80 wrote:

So... which is it to be?according to BHM we can't claim both our white and black parents because that automatically means that we are only doing so because we think we're special or better than everyone else and we should only claim black.
 
But we can't claim only black if we are born to white mothers??...
this is why people need to forget the one drop rule and just let people identify with whatever makes then happy.
 
First of all, you're not speaking for me and I'm only stating MY opinion so why are you bringing everyone else into this? And, no, I don't think you, with a white mother, should be able to self identify as a black woman because you don't know anything about us. Your mindset is that of a white woman because you were raised by one. That's really all you know. And, I hate to sound hypocritical but biracial women born to black mothers are different in my eyes. They actually came out of a black woman and have been taught everything from a black woman. But, you don't know anything about us so, in MY honest opinion, I feel like you don't have the right to call yourself a black woman. You can't identify with us. You can learn everything about our culture but at the end of the day, I feel you STILL have a mindset of that white woman you came from and there's no changing it. You should be able to only identify as a biracial or a white woman IN MY OPINION.
 
The thing is, Im not telling you you can't have your opinion, and I do agree with some of what you're saying , which is why I don't claim to be a black woman for the very reason that I'm part white, it's society that tries to define me that way, with the one drop rule.
How do you know I know nothing about black women? or even who rasied me..  I could have been raised by my dad alone, or black family members. I'm not going to sit here and say I do know what it's like to be a black woman, I never said that.
 
 You don't know anything about black women. I know this because you weren't born to one. And, I'm just gonna keep it real and honest here. MOST biracial women with a white mother and a black father, I HAVE ENCOUNTERED, have been some of the most racist people towards black women. I've personally noticed that a lot of you like to be called "black women" but at the same time you hate black women. It's strange. Also, in my honest opinion, I really don't think you belong on this site. If we're gonna be completely honest. You're not a black woman and will NEVER be one.
 


Posted By: Bahiyieh
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 5:15pm
I hardly think that mixed race women are asking for your approval to call themselves black if they so wish. 
I feel like some ppl gt some unresolved issues


-------------
May the long time sun

Shine upon you,

All love surround you,

And the pure light within you

Guide your way on.


Posted By: coilyartist
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 5:26pm
Pause, you don't think she belongs on this site?

There are plenty of people who would have to disagree, because she still has "black" hair, and this is a site that is called BLACK HAIR media, and since she has "black" hair, she belongs here just as much as you and I. 

Point.Blank.Period.
This is an open forum, and whomever may want to become a member here or lurk, can do so as they wish.

You know that there are also white women here right? 

I understand that you may have your issues with white people, but who are you to say that mixed/multi-racial people don't belong here?


-------------
lolliesnlife.blogspot.com
locsladylocs.blogspot.com

"You know why we're stuck with the myth that only black people have soul? Because white people don't let themselves feel things"

- Janis J


Posted By: creole booty
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 5:36pm
Jeez is this what mixed people deal with? I was completely ignorant to this kind of treatment towards mixed people. That's some cold stuff right there. That was like Jim crow bad, dang.


Posted By: coilyartist
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by creole booty creole booty wrote:

Jeez is this what mixed people deal with? I was completely ignorant to this kind of treatment towards mixed people. That's some cold stuff right there. That was like Jim crow bad, dang.

'Tis mind boggling! I've never been so flustered over a topic such as this....


-------------
lolliesnlife.blogspot.com
locsladylocs.blogspot.com

"You know why we're stuck with the myth that only black people have soul? Because white people don't let themselves feel things"

- Janis J


Posted By: Lilacflower1988
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by coilyartist coilyartist wrote:

Pause, you don't think she belongs on this site?

There are plenty of people who would have to disagree, because she still has "black" hair, and this is a site that is called BLACK HAIR media, and since she has "black" hair, she belongs here just as much as you and I. 

Point.Blank.Period.
This is an open forum, and whomever may want to become a member here or lurk, can do so as they wish.

You know that there are also white women here right? 

I understand that you may have your issues with white people, but who are you to say that mixed/multi-racial people don't belong here?
If eveyone is welcome here, why is it called blackhairmedia in the first place? I'm confused. And, since when has biracial hair even be close to your average black person's hair. I don't have hair like that. Anyways, they can go where ever they please, but don't expect ME to welcome them with open arms. It's funny because the very people you're defending don't even like you.


Posted By: Lilnicka4u2nv
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 6:03pm
I find it weird that some AA's are so fixed up and argue about the purness of multiracial people when they arent even pure themselves...

and Lilac there is no such thing as "biracial hair" just like there is no specific "black hair"...Multiracial people have wide ranges of hair types, and so do blacks , and many other races, thats all genetics...How could you come here to learn about haircare, see a wide range of hair types on blacks and non blacks and still believe ignorance like that? C'mon son...


-------------


Posted By: Lilacflower1988
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 6:05pm
This is the last thing I'm gonna say concerning this topic. You black women coming down on me for my supposed "racists" beliefs need a serious reality check. The white women (and the biracial females born to them) who come on this site DON'T EVEN LIKE YOU. They're just here to snoop all in our buissness and figure out how to be like us. At the end of the day, they will never have your back so you look like fools trying to take up for them. I've heard and seen some of the most racist things come out of their mouths. They don't have love for ya'll. I remember this one time, there was this white women on this website trying to get advice for her biracial child's hair from black women. And, I told her that we didn't know how to care for her hair because it's nothing like ours. And, you know what she said in response to that? She started telling me how white women are better than black women and that's why black men date them and not us. I've encountered several other situations like that, too. And, these same white women pass down their hatred and disdain for black women to their biracial offsprings. How do I know? Because, ONCE AGAIN, I've come accross so many biracial women who despise black women. I knew this one girl who always talked about how black women were mammies and how black men didn't want to date us because we're not attractive. THAT is why I don't like them. If someone could show me an example of those who don't feel that way, please show me in that direction because I haven't seen it. I have every right to feel the way I do. My emotions are very much justified. And, I'm gonna keep on feeling the way that I do. But, you all can continue your conversation cause I'm done. I'm not about to sit up here and embrace those who CLEARLY don't like me. So, ya'll can say what you want.


Posted By: coilyartist
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by Lilacflower1988 Lilacflower1988 wrote:

Originally posted by coilyartist coilyartist wrote:

Pause, you don't think she belongs on this site?

There are plenty of people who would have to disagree, because she still has "black" hair, and this is a site that is called BLACK HAIR media, and since she has "black" hair, she belongs here just as much as you and I. 

Point.Blank.Period.
This is an open forum, and whomever may want to become a member here or lurk, can do so as they wish.

You know that there are also white women here right? 

I understand that you may have your issues with white people, but who are you to say that mixed/multi-racial people don't belong here?
If eveyone is welcome here, why is it called blackhairmedia in the first place? I'm confused. And, since when has biracial hair even be close to your average black person's hair. I don't have hair like that. Anyways, they can go where ever they please, but don't expect ME to welcome them with open arms. It's funny because the very people you're defending don't even like you.

All black people have different types of hair. That's a given. Nobodies hair will be the same or respond to the same products. Sigh. Also, I'm sure the creator of BHM isn't bigoted or racist towards anyone here. When you signed up, did you have to click a box that asked you your race? No? Didn't think so.
And btw, most of my good friends are bi-racial/mixed/multi-racial, however you want to put it, and a lot of "those people" go to my school, and I get a long with them just fine, and they get along with "regular" black people just fine.
Just because you have obvious unresolved issues with bi-racial/mixed/multi-racial people don't mean they have a problem with you or anyone else. That also means that I have a problem with them and they have a problem with me.
If people don't like me, they have a valid reason, not because of my genetic make-up.

ETA: Nicka, I like what you said.



-------------
lolliesnlife.blogspot.com
locsladylocs.blogspot.com

"You know why we're stuck with the myth that only black people have soul? Because white people don't let themselves feel things"

- Janis J


Posted By: Lilacflower1988
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by Lilnicka4u2nv Lilnicka4u2nv wrote:

I find it weird that some AA's are so fixed up and argue about the purness of multiracial people when they arent even pure themselves...

and Lilac there is no such thing as "biracial hair" just like there is no specific "black hair"...Multiracial people have wide ranges of hair types, and so do blacks , and many other races, thats all genetics...How could you come here to learn about haircare, see a wide range of hair types on blacks and non blacks and still believe ignorance like that? C'mon son...
Who said I was african american?? And, while there might be dfferent hair textures in the black race, most of us pretty much have the same hair type (which is 4a/4b). Quit pretending like you don't know that.


Posted By: Lilnicka4u2nv
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 6:19pm
)
Originally posted by Lilacflower1988 Lilacflower1988 wrote:

Originally posted by Lilnicka4u2nv Lilnicka4u2nv wrote:

I find it weird that some AA's are so fixed up and argue about the purness of multiracial people when they arent even pure themselves...

and Lilac there is no such thing as "biracial hair" just like there is no specific "black hair"...Multiracial people have wide ranges of hair types, and so do blacks , and many other races, thats all genetics...How could you come here to learn about haircare, see a wide range of hair types on blacks and non blacks and still believe ignorance like that? C'mon son...
Who said I was african american?? And, while there might be dfferent hair textures in the black race, most of us pretty much have the same hair type (which is 4a/4b). Quit pretending like you don't know that.

If thats the case then why does this even matter to you? you have absolutely no place to be telling someone what they can or cannot identify with, but I can cleary see that you are... and I sorry but ya'll (AA's) seem to be the only people who care so much about race and stuff, this topic alone makes it much easier to figure out what you are...

its crazy how ya'll wanna be all kumbaya with eachother but wanna be quick to target and single people out just to feel better about yourself, this petty ignorance has gotta stop...there are too many seriously important things to be worrying about in your community than something as simple as this. Mind you this (race) was man made (by guess what color that man was? Tongue) to separate people...

and I aint pretending to see sh*t, im stating what I know as a person who been in the hair game for years and does all types of hair, just like black people come in different shades we have different hair types...


-------------


Posted By: iLoveMrCortez
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 8:01pm
LMAO lilacflower trill as hell. agree or disagree thats how she feel

-------------
SNATCHIN WIGS & TAKIN NAMES


Posted By: AllyOrNotAlly
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 8:15pm
O_O Nicka has biracial hair?

-------------
Sleep paralysis occurs when you fall asleep... a Pikachu climbs on you and uses thunder wave.


Posted By: Flowing-Ice
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 8:28pm
yo. team MFin Lilac on this one. she real. 

-------------
And Jean Paul Gaultier and a Hermes bag and four inch tips made of ostrich ;Sharp enough to slit your wrists her lips spread gossip ;Won't say sorry when she offends


Posted By: Spokenword
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by Lilacflower1988 Lilacflower1988 wrote:

Originally posted by Spokenword Spokenword wrote:

@Lilac, what do you mean when you say she should identify with her mother if she is white.  but the child is not white, so that dosent  even make sense. what do you mean when you say "identify"..... 
I tend to agree with how jewish people feel. You are what your mother is.
comparing religion to race/color, i see.  so what about the black kids being raised by white parents ex/adopted children.  should they also identify themselves as white?


Posted By: missbueno
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 10:02pm
lilacflower1988 what are you??

-------------
I BLAME ONIKA


Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 10:03pm
I don't understand why you are so obssessed with generalizing African Americans Confused
Please, stop acting as if NO West Indians and Africans have color and racial complexes

Ignorance and the White supremacy has it's everlasting effects on Blacks everywhere, no need to make yourself feel better about not being an African American

and this is not the first time I've heard you say this... clearly you're on this site and all up in these race threads too so maybe you're more obsessed than you give yourself credit for Geek

Originally posted by Lilnicka4u2nv Lilnicka4u2nv wrote:

)
Originally posted by Lilacflower1988 Lilacflower1988 wrote:

Originally posted by Lilnicka4u2nv Lilnicka4u2nv wrote:

I find it weird that some AA's are so fixed up and argue about the purness of multiracial people when they arent even pure themselves...

and Lilac there is no such thing as "biracial hair" just like there is no specific "black hair"...Multiracial people have wide ranges of hair types, and so do blacks , and many other races, thats all genetics...How could you come here to learn about haircare, see a wide range of hair types on blacks and non blacks and still believe ignorance like that? C'mon son...
Who said I was african american?? And, while there might be dfferent hair textures in the black race, most of us pretty much have the same hair type (which is 4a/4b). Quit pretending like you don't know that.

If thats the case then why does this even matter to you? you have absolutely no place to be telling someone what they can or cannot identify with, but I can cleary see that you are... and I sorry but ya'll (AA's) seem to be the only people who care so much about race and stuff, this topic alone makes it much easier to figure out what you are...

its crazy how ya'll wanna be all kumbaya with eachother but wanna be quick to target and single people out just to feel better about yourself, this petty ignorance has gotta stop...there are too many seriously important things to be worrying about in your community than something as simple as this. Mind you this (race) was man made (by guess what color that man was? Tongue) to separate people...

and I aint pretending to see sh*t, im stating what I know as a person who been in the hair game for years and does all types of hair, just like black people come in different shades we have different hair types...


Posted By: Lilnicka4u2nv
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

I don't understand why you are so obssessed with generalizing African Americans Confused
Please, stop acting as if NO West Indians and Africans have color and racial complexes

Ignorance and the White supremacy has it's everlasting effects on Blacks everywhere, no need to make yourself feel better about not being an African American

and this is not the first time I've heard you say this... clearly you're on this site and all up in these race threads too so maybe you're more obsessed than you give yourself credit for Geek

Originally posted by Lilnicka4u2nv Lilnicka4u2nv wrote:

)
Originally posted by Lilacflower1988 Lilacflower1988 wrote:

Originally posted by Lilnicka4u2nv Lilnicka4u2nv wrote:

 I find it weird that some AA's are so fixed up and argue about the purness of multiracial people when they arent even pure themselves...

and Lilac there is no such thing as "biracial hair" just like there is no specific "black hair"...Multiracial people have wide ranges of hair types, and so do blacks , and many other races, thats all genetics...How could you come here to learn about haircare, see a wide range of hair types on blacks and non blacks and still believe ignorance like that? C'mon son...
Who said I was african american?? And, while there might be dfferent hair textures in the black race, most of us pretty much have the same hair type (which is 4a/4b). Quit pretending like you don't know that.

If thats the case then why does this even matter to you? you have absolutely no place to be telling someone what they can or cannot identify with, but I can cleary see that you are... and I sorry but ya'll (AA's) seem to be the only people who care so much about race and stuff, this topic alone makes it much easier to figure out what you are...

its crazy how ya'll wanna be all kumbaya with eachother but wanna be quick to target and single people out just to feel better about yourself,this petty ignorance has gotta stop...there are too many seriously important things to be worrying about in your community than something as simple as this. Mind you this (race) was man made (by guess what color that man was? Tongue) to separate people...

and I aint pretending to see sh*t, im stating what I know as a person who been in the hair game for years and does all types of hair, just like black people come in different shades we have different hair types...

Yes you are right, and I will say the same thing whenever I see this same tired ole topic come up again, AND AGAIN and I feel like replying...
 
  I never said African and WI dont have issues and complexes, but I will say and repeat that we dont have the same EXACT issues, you know that, everyone knows that....I know the white race has done damage all over...but ya'll are the only ones who are all up in arms about labeling people, your in America duh, its an American thing obviously because you live in a place with people with of all kinds of cultures and ethnicities...

This thread could of been an intellegent dicsussion about the topic, but it was obviously driven from hate and ignorance...the multiracial bashing n sh*t is just plain stupid, and I really see no point in even arguing about it...Someone is sitting here actually spewwing hate to people who (in her terms) dont even like her?Confused...C'mon son , all that energy could be used in something positive...

and no im not obsessed I dont wake up in the morn with these thoughts on my mind, it doesnt even come to my mind in RL...I post in threads all over this damn forum so just because you happen to see me respond once in a blue to thread that you happen to be in doesnt mean anything, that was actually my first response here...I post wherever when I feel like taking the time to post...

If anything you are the one all obsessed in sh*t because majority of the threads you start are always about race...


and Niké feels no need to feel better than anybody, I dont operate like that, so dont make assumptions about my persona because of insecurities of your people....I love everybody, and respect all types of people, but I dont respect ignorance of any kind...



-------------


Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by Lilnicka4u2nv Lilnicka4u2nv wrote:


Yes you are right, and I will say the same thing whenever I see this same tired ole topic come up again, AND AGAIN and I feel like replying...
 
  I never said African and WI dont have issues and complexes, but I will say and repeat that we dont have the same EXACT issues, you know that, everyone knows that....I know the white race has done damage all over...but ya'll are the only ones who are all up in arms about labeling people, your in America duh, its an American thing obviously because you live in a place with people with of all kinds of cultures and ethnicities...

This thread could of been an intellegent dicsussion about the topic, but it was obviously driven from hate and ignorance...the multiracial bashing n sh*t is just plain stupid, and I really see no point in even arguing about it...Someone is sitting here actually spewwing hate to people who (in her terms) dont even like her?Confused...C'mon son , all that energy could be used in something positive...

and no im not obsessed I dont wake up in the morn with these thoughts on my mind, it doesnt even come to my mind in RL...I post in threads all over this damn forum so just because you happen to see me respond once in a blue to thread that you happen to be in doesnt mean anything, that was actually my first response here...I post wherever when I feel like taking the time to post...

If anything you are the one all obsessed in sh*t because majority of the threads you start are always about race...


and Niké feels no need to feel better than anybody, I dont operate like that, so dont make assumptions about my persona because of insecurities of your people....I love everybody, and respect all types of people, but I dont respect ignorance of any kind...



Every time I read your posts it's "AAs this"... or "AAs that"

You act like you droppin terds of knowledge then you turn around and make a big ass generalization as if these things don't exist outside of the AA community

You would be take more seriously if actually addressed the people with the actual complexes and not just "African Americans"... seriously you're no better than the people you speak of, it's just silly

so dont make assumptions about my persona because of insecurities of your people...

So you don't live in America? Geek

If you do then I don't understand why you don't included yourself in these conversations... as if your heritage has created a protective bubble around you simply because you're not "African America"... ni99a please


Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by Lilnicka4u2nv Lilnicka4u2nv wrote:



This thread could of been an intellegent dicsussion about the topic, but it was obviously driven from hate and ignorance...




And oh. The irony


Posted By: AllyOrNotAlly
Date Posted: Apr 24 2011 at 12:23am
XD @Alias having a problem with Nike

-------------
Sleep paralysis occurs when you fall asleep... a Pikachu climbs on you and uses thunder wave.


Posted By: coilyartist
Date Posted: Apr 24 2011 at 1:50am
I get what Nicka is saying, and I have to agree with her on this one. 
Unfortunately, she has to make a mass generalisation in order to get the point across, no foul there.


-------------
lolliesnlife.blogspot.com
locsladylocs.blogspot.com

"You know why we're stuck with the myth that only black people have soul? Because white people don't let themselves feel things"

- Janis J


Posted By: LightSkinGoodHair
Date Posted: Apr 24 2011 at 2:26am
Lilac is right though...an Oreo woman won't go through the same experiences as a full-black woman. Just like an African goes through different trials and tribulations also.


Posted By: LightSkinGoodHair
Date Posted: Apr 24 2011 at 2:39am
Originally posted by Bahiyieh Bahiyieh wrote:

Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

Originally posted by Bahiyieh Bahiyieh wrote:

Originally posted by Cyance Cyance wrote:

black people can't be racist

at worst we can just be prejudiced

Really? and how is that?! thats actually not true. black ppl cannot be racist...lol


They can't. Not in America


You're right. We live in a melting pot, if anyone are the real underdogs here, it's Mexicans, they're the ones being paid under the table whilst we turn a blind eye, they're the one putting food on your table...But we live among too much beautiful culture and are interdependent on each other for survival to despise each other. Plus, it'd make Martin Luther King look down upon us and frown. We've come to far to play silly games...
But back to the topic "Can biracial women with white mothers be called black?" UM- DUUUUUUH! they're BI-RACIAL, why are they "BI-"RACIAL, what does that mean?  It means that they are BLACK/WHITE. Now, you look at me in my avi and try telling me that I should call myself a white woman. You are crazy. And oh, perhaps not me because why, I'm darker than other biracial ladies? Well then that's being worst than racist, that's focusing truly on someone color and that's pretty despicable. 
As black women we should stick together..Confused



I have no sympathy for the illegal Mexicans that come over here and try to demand rights and benefits most Americans don't have. Confused


Posted By: Bahiyieh
Date Posted: Apr 24 2011 at 2:39am
Originally posted by Lilacflower1988 Lilacflower1988 wrote:

Originally posted by coilyartist coilyartist wrote:

Pause, you don't think she belongs on this site?

There are plenty of people who would have to disagree, because she still has "black" hair, and this is a site that is called BLACK HAIR media, and since she has "black" hair, she belongs here just as much as you and I. 

Point.Blank.Period.
This is an open forum, and whomever may want to become a member here or lurk, can do so as they wish.

You know that there are also white women here right? 

I understand that you may have your issues with white people, but who are you to say that mixed/multi-racial people don't belong here?
If eveyone is welcome here, why is it called blackhairmedia in the first place? I'm confused. And, since when has biracial hair even be close to your average black person's hair. I don't have hair like that. Anyways, they can go where ever they please, but don't expect ME to welcome them with open arms. It's funny because the very people you're defending don't even like you.

You're not very well informed on this issue, the hair issues too which surprises me, I thought you'd be more aware of the hair issues that bi-racial ppl have. Hair is very diff. depending on what you're mixed with, Somali people who are very much black Africans, and Ethiopians (ditto) have some of the most Indian yaki weave looking hair you've ever seen. 
 For someone who is very comfortable with their opinion, I do hear a lot of anger and suffering from your tone. I know you've been offended and hurt, you expressed this, but to think that all bi-racial people/white ppl are the same is abiding by stereotypes that we ppl of color (is this the one banner we can unite under?) have dealt with for years. You were hurt by racism (from bi-racial and white ppl) so now you are embodying that same thing that hurt you? what does this accomplish, I do not believe you are a very happy person....No, this is a deep rooted, very personal hurt that you have experience that you undoubtedly let out..
BUt, people have much better things to do than stay away because just one person out of thousands of ppl here do not welcome them with open arms. 
BESIDES this is called the "black hair media forum." So anyone who has black hair, is welcome...lol black texture...black color..who knows. its not called black womens hair forum. 

Y




-------------
May the long time sun

Shine upon you,

All love surround you,

And the pure light within you

Guide your way on.


Posted By: LightSkinGoodHair
Date Posted: Apr 24 2011 at 2:41am
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

Originally posted by Bahiyieh Bahiyieh wrote:

Originally posted by Lilacflower1988 Lilacflower1988 wrote:

Originally posted by coilyartist coilyartist wrote:

Lilac, you never answered my question in your previous thread....do you not like white people?
Honestly. No, I don't Confused.
Shocked
Wow. so this is where it comes from. At least you're honest, but dang. A white man doesn't like black ppl and he's a racist assh*le, a black woman doesn't like white ppl and she's just honest 


she is prejudiced/bigoted

How is she bigoted? Her dislikes for whites are only a natural reaction...all the things that whites have done to blacks!


Posted By: Bahiyieh
Date Posted: Apr 24 2011 at 2:42am
Originally posted by LightSkinGoodHair LightSkinGoodHair wrote:

Originally posted by Bahiyieh Bahiyieh wrote:

Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

Originally posted by Bahiyieh Bahiyieh wrote:

Originally posted by Cyance Cyance wrote:

black people can't be racist

at worst we can just be prejudiced

Really? and how is that?! thats actually not true. black ppl cannot be racist...lol


They can't. Not in America


You're right. We live in a melting pot, if anyone are the real underdogs here, it's Mexicans, they're the ones being paid under the table whilst we turn a blind eye, they're the one putting food on your table...But we live among too much beautiful culture and are interdependent on each other for survival to despise each other. Plus, it'd make Martin Luther King look down upon us and frown. We've come to far to play silly games...
But back to the topic "Can biracial women with white mothers be called black?" UM- DUUUUUUH! they're BI-RACIAL, why are they "BI-"RACIAL, what does that mean?  It means that they are BLACK/WHITE. Now, you look at me in my avi and try telling me that I should call myself a white woman. You are crazy. And oh, perhaps not me because why, I'm darker than other biracial ladies? Well then that's being worst than racist, that's focusing truly on someone color and that's pretty despicable. 
As black women we should stick together..Confused



I have no sympathy for the illegal Mexicans that come over here and try to demand rights and benefits most Americans don't have. Confused

My only POINT was that the government knows they do it, turns a blind eye and takes advantage of them. Not that we should welcome illegals, I think you misunderstood.


-------------
May the long time sun

Shine upon you,

All love surround you,

And the pure light within you

Guide your way on.


Posted By: LightSkinGoodHair
Date Posted: Apr 24 2011 at 2:52am
Originally posted by Bahiyieh Bahiyieh wrote:

Originally posted by LightSkinGoodHair LightSkinGoodHair wrote:

Originally posted by Bahiyieh Bahiyieh wrote:

Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

Originally posted by Bahiyieh Bahiyieh wrote:

Originally posted by Cyance Cyance wrote:

black people can't be racist

at worst we can just be prejudiced

Really? and how is that?! thats actually not true. black ppl cannot be racist...lol


They can't. Not in America


You're right. We live in a melting pot, if anyone are the real underdogs here, it's Mexicans, they're the ones being paid under the table whilst we turn a blind eye, they're the one putting food on your table...But we live among too much beautiful culture and are interdependent on each other for survival to despise each other. Plus, it'd make Martin Luther King look down upon us and frown. We've come to far to play silly games...
But back to the topic "Can biracial women with white mothers be called black?" UM- DUUUUUUH! they're BI-RACIAL, why are they "BI-"RACIAL, what does that mean?  It means that they are BLACK/WHITE. Now, you look at me in my avi and try telling me that I should call myself a white woman. You are crazy. And oh, perhaps not me because why, I'm darker than other biracial ladies? Well then that's being worst than racist, that's focusing truly on someone color and that's pretty despicable. 
As black women we should stick together..Confused



I have no sympathy for the illegal Mexicans that come over here and try to demand rights and benefits most Americans don't have. Confused

My only POINT was that the government knows they do it, turns a blind eye and takes advantage of them. Not that we should welcome illegals, I think you misunderstood.

Yes, they take advantage of them but don't think for one second that blacks and Mexicans are cool with each other. They have their color complexes also and look down upon blacks.


Posted By: coilyartist
Date Posted: Apr 24 2011 at 3:02am
I need to meet some of these people that some of you speak negatively about.....

-------------
lolliesnlife.blogspot.com
locsladylocs.blogspot.com

"You know why we're stuck with the myth that only black people have soul? Because white people don't let themselves feel things"

- Janis J



Print Page | Close Window