Forum Name: Weaves / Extensions
Forum Description: Discussions on Weaves
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=305458
Printed Date: Jul 19 2019 at 8:48pm

Topic: My Experience with....
Posted By: Babydoll9163
Subject: My Experience with....
Date Posted: Apr 05 2011 at 4:16pm
Ok ladies, I think it's time we create our very on "weave encyclopedia" filled with our experiences of various textures, vendors, styles, etc.

THIS IS NOT A QUESTIONS/COMMENTS THREAD...EXPERIENCES ONLY

Type up both the good and the bad of what you've dealt with. Make sure you spell out names of vendors/textures so when people search it'll come up right. And as always, pictures are more than welcome Smile

Again.....do not come up in here asking questions or posting comments on installs, this thread is not for that. Just people's experiences...may anyone who comes in here with a bunch of random stuff be blessed with cow's ass hair Smile

ETA Abbreviation Key for newbs:
KS= Kinky Straight
KC= Kinky Curly
VI= Virgin Indian
VS= Virgin Straight (usually Indian)
VW= Virgin Wavy (usually Indian)
VC= Virgin Curly (usually Indian)
BW= Body Wave
CLY= Chinese Light Yaki
EP= Extensions Plus
Wags= Wagman Primus
AAMH= All About My Hair
RHO= Real Hair Online/Real Hair Exclusive
HE= Hair Esthetics

Replies:
Date Posted: Apr 05 2011 at 4:20pm
My experience with Kinky Straight....

Vendor: private
Hair was dyed by vendor.
Installed: About 7 oz and a small closure

The good: Awesome texture. Even though I am wearing a closure it looks so natural. Holds curls awesomely. Most days I either moisturize then braid, knot, or flexirod for curls/waves and they last all day.

The bad: Typical KS stuff. Weather can make this hair poof really big. It requires a lot of product and taming, and MUST be clarified, conditioned, and flat ironed on the regular. But once you get the routine down...it's smooth sailing.

Consensus: This is my new favorite texture. I will definitely rock KS most of the year (only switching in spring/summer when it's time for curls).

Posted By: DonBellaDiva
Date Posted: Apr 05 2011 at 4:25pm
My experience with: "Virgin" Brazilian

Vendor: Dee Hair Palace
Installed 7.7 ounces

The good: I love the texture, blend well with my hair when the hair has been flat ironed straight. Holds a curl very well, flexi-rods a little too well lol.

The bad: Hair is hard to blend your natural hair with when in its wavy state, ends felt a lil dry first time flat ironing, used CHI Silk Infusion and they are good as new.

Consensus: Love the texture and the hair, minimal shedding , no tangling. This will be my go to hair for wearing straight hair.

ETA: Pics, see avatar and my better blending video on Youtube.

Posted By: bombchelle.
Date Posted: Apr 05 2011 at 4:33pm
My experience with...

Brazillian Wavy.

Vendor: Laila ( virgincurls )

It was my first "virgin" hair purchase last summer so I had no knowledge on virgin hair.

The Good: It was easy to blend with my hair & I'm relaxed. Even with multiple washes, the waves always popped back. It flat ironed very easily & had a nice course texture to it. The length was just as expected as well.

I ended up giving the hair to my friend because I wanted curlier hair. A year later, needless to say, it doesn't look the same. Definitely have to take care of it & keep the products to a minimum.

Posted By: LovesLace
Date Posted: Apr 05 2011 at 4:45pm
My experience with Miami Ripple and Miami Ripple Hybrid/Relaxed....

Vendor: Halley's Curls
Hair color: natural color 1b/2.
Hair origin: Malaysian
Installed: About 8 oz.

The good: The MR and MRH- beautiful 3b/c curls. Great textures in appearance and feel.

The bad: The MRH beautiful with no problems but the MR........ that ish crawled up, matted and tangled like a rabid bat!. Dead

Consensus: Halley's Curls is hit or miss and I would NEVER buy from them again.

Posted By: callmeDEva
Date Posted: Apr 05 2011 at 5:05pm
My experience with VS Superior

Vendor: Wagman's.
Hair Color: Dyed Black (by them)
Installed: Between 9 and 10 ounces

Good: Hair is already washed, ends clipped, colored. Wavy in it's natural state. Matches my hair texture (3c/4a) when blown out. Little to no shedding.

Bad: Whatever dye Wagman's used causes me to never be able to wear the hair flat ironed straight. Other people have this same problem. Flat ironing causes the hair to appear shiny and extremely synthetic. I wash/cowash every week and am going on three months, and still have this problem. Thus, I am only able to wear the hair with curls from an iron or flexis.

Consensus: Great hair. Great customer service. Going to reinstall soon.

Posted By: callmeDEva
Date Posted: Apr 05 2011 at 5:17pm
My experience with KC

Vendor: All About My Hair (AAMH)
Hair Color: 1B. I dyed the hair off black
Installed: 8 ounces

Good: The hair was soft..matched my hair in it's natural state..

Bad: They did not tell me they were on back order, nor did it state it on the website. So when I ordered, I had to wait about a week and a half to two weeks for my order. I experienced no shedding or tangling when I washed before install. I did not plan on splitting the wefts but had no choice because they were too short (even with 8 ounces) to get full coverage. First time splitting wefts and I did a botch job to say the least. I did seal though. I had issues keeping the hair moisturized and experienced EXTREME SHEDDING/TANGLING to the point where every time I detangled the hair it became thinner and thinner. Not to mention I disliked how I styled it. The hair is in my current avi but I kept it in for about three weeks.

Consensus: Will purchase KC again but not from them, and in a looser curl pattern.

Posted By: dreamz
Date Posted: Apr 05 2011 at 6:26pm
Trying to contribute to my boo-thang's thread:

My Review for

LAVISH LENGTHS
www.lavishlengths.com

18" Bohemian Curly
8 oz
self install with approx 6 oz unsplit wefts

I was thoroughly impressed,
I felt the packaging was nice
and neat, and the hair looked
pretty. I initially thought the
curls looked very uniform.

At first I used Dove
Intensive Therapy Shampoo
and Conditioner. I also tried
Tresemme' Curly Shampoo
& Conditioner. Now I am
using Pantene Frizzy to
Smooth Shampoo and
Conditioner. I prefer the
Pantene.

It flat irons pretty
easily after blowdrying. It it
a little puffy when just
attempting to flat iron
without blowdrying first. On a high (450 degree) iron
my curls stayed intact
overnight.

I wash my hair every 2 or 3 days. I
washed it daily for about 4 days. Pretty
much, whenever I am going somewhere
and want it to look fresh, I wash it.
 I only straightened it twice.
Other than that, I wear it in its natural
state.

I sealed my hair with the he101.
I sealed the whole weft on one side, but I
do this with every hair type. The hair does
shed, but it is general detangle shedding. In
general, I've not noticed any excessive
shedding.

My hair tends to get dry and the ends will
tangle. I don't feel it is abnormal tangling
for the length and texture though. The hair
is NOT matted, but it will tangle up on
itself a bit. Once wet, the tangles sort of
disappear though.

I have tried Cantu Shea Butter, Dove
Products, Tresemme Products, Pantene
Products. I apply castor oil to the ends of
the hair to prevent drying and seal in
moisture.

Without product this hair gets HUGE. 
I
don't like to use a lot of product, so I
cowash every 2 days, then seal with a thin
coating of castor oil or evoo, let air dry and
go. I think the hair can look frizzy with too
many products. I prefer it to look as close
to its natural state as possible.

I rate this hair an 8 overall and about a 9
compared to other curly hair that I've worn. The owner Jessica is a doll.  She asked me to be a tester & I was sent this hair in exchange for review.

Posted By: TheSweetLife
Date Posted: Apr 05 2011 at 6:37pm
My experience with: Kinky Curly
Vendor: All About My Hair
Installed 7.5oz

The good: Absolutely loved the texture. It matched my 2b3c hair lovely. It didn't tangle or matte. It also didn't require a lot of manipulation.

The bad: I had to figure out what would make the hair thrive. I would get really big, so you wouldn't need the whole 7.5oz if you weren't into gigantic diva hair.  Nothing containing alcohol! The service was slow with communication.

Consensus: Love the texture and the hair, minimal shedding , no tangling. I would buy again in a heart beat unless I can find a CV to dupe it.

Posted By: Deluxe
Date Posted: Apr 05 2011 at 6:37pm
My experience with KS

Vendor: Hairesthetics
Installed: 4 ounces (14 inches). Next time with try about 5 -5.5ounces because I layered the hair, which reduced volume I had upon initial intall.

Good: LOVE THIS HAIR - perfect match for 3c-4a leave out.
KS allows me to reduce heat usage on my hair.
KS flat-ironed also looks beautiful.
Clarifying hair and conditioner refreshes hair bringing it right back to life.
Curls with flexi-rods (curls last ALL day) - trick is to use the smaller rods. Curls from bigger rods falls out after few hours.
Braid-outs/twistouts work a treat.
Shedding is a minimal...and I brush the hair thoroughly every night prior to braiding it.
Tangling is rare (but it does happen). But not diffcult to detangle.

Bad: KS hair can dryout - trick is to moisturise frequently as you would your natural hair. Also conditioners are your friendWink
Cannot use barrelled curling iron to achieve curl....waist of time, the curls will fall out.

Consensus: KS is the one for me. Will use this along with kinky straight to support my natural hair growth.

Posted By: miamiu1127
Date Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 7:14am
My experience with Virgin Curly

Vendor: B-Dogg
Installed: 7 ounces (14-16 inches). Think he sent more than 8 oz, I have alot of hair left over.

Good: I love the hair, its flows, its coarse, it is the only hair i have worn where people literally thought it was all mine even though it went below bra strap. When I straighten my leave out it matches to a tee. I twist it and bantu knot it and it holds the curl and twist all day. I haven't staightened it because I need it cut but I am sure it straightens well. No heavy products needed. Once you wash and condition let it air dry completely before laying down or it will tangle. Use a good moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. I also use the herbal essence conditioners for moisturizing. The curls are lovely once it has aired completely.  

Bad: The beards were long, so i decided to trim. It does tangle but not anything serious. It sheds, I sealed but still some shed. Nothing to go crazy over. 

Consensus: Love it, it is my go to hair. I will keep this in heavy rotation.

Date Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 7:22am
My experience with Kinky Curly

Vendor: Real Hair Exclusive
Installed: 9 ounces (12-14-16 inches).  Installed it all. I think the lengths were alittle longer, no complaints from me though.

Good: The curls are to die for. Nice loose kinky curl. The hair arrived and smelled great. Very soft, softest I have ran across. Curl definition at the ends were on point. Everyone thought it was my natural hair. Make sure you have a good cowash conditioner and leave alittle in when you rinse it out. Use a good frizz control serum (just alittle) John Frieda is my fave for this hair. Once it dried (no touching) it was beautiful, full and flowly, soft to the touch. It takes color very well.

Bad: It does tangle, but thats with any kinky curly. It does shed, I did seal.

Consensus: Love it for my kinky curly look, it is my go to hair for when I want to rock that. I think it is worth the buy. I will keep this in heavy rotation especially for the late summer fall look.

Posted By: ms.blue
Date Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 9:19am
My experiences with Kinky Wave
Vendor: Hairesthetics
Installed: Orginally 12 oz of 18" but removed 4 ozs

The good:  The waves were beautiful and I was able to blend my natural flatironed hair pretty well.
The bad:  Sealed but still shedded like a beast.  Hair tangles horribly and I wished I bought the cuticle brand instead of their remy which equals to low-mid range bss hair. 

I would buy this hair again (their cutitcle version) because they are generous with their lengths.  18" stretched to 20". 

Date Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 9:34am
My Experiences with Malaysian Yaki body wave color 1

Vendor:heavenlyhair4u
Installed: 4oz 16" 6oz 18" 4x4 lace closure 16"

The good:  I love this hair so much.  I received so much compliments when I wore this hair and it was such an easy maintenance hair.  All I did was wear a bun a night and finger combed in the morning.  Holds a curl really well when using either setting lotion or a really hot flatiron. No tangles and minimal shedding ( majority of the shed hairs came from using mane depot weft sealer which sucked compared to HE101 weft sealer)

The Con:  Most of the waves have fallen which gave the hair a real loose wave.  Next time I would request for a deep body wave.

One of my friends kept complimenting and hinting that she wanted the hair and I gave it to her but I secretly want to take it backLOL

Date Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 12:44pm
My Experience With...Processed Curls (using virgin Chinese hair)

Vendor: Private
Installed: 8oz and medium closure (which was made with Indian hair)
I ordered natural colored hair and dyed myself so it was double processed.

The good: Processed hair gets a bad rep on the boards but I LOVE my processed curls. The double process of color didn't affect it at all (I do baby my colored hair though). The curls are a nice size and it doesn't need a ton of product like virgin hair often does. All it needs is a condition, a Denman, and some plopping. I don't think I ever did much else to it (I'm not big on flat ironing my curls though, I just wear straight hair if I want straight hair LOL). The Chinese hair does not feel heavy nor weight the curls down. I look forward to reinstalling in a few weeks.

The bad: The hair is long so it tangles every now and then but nothing big. The VI closure did NOT handle the color well. It tangles often and required a lot more work than the actual hair. That's why when people ask about processed I prefer virgin Chinese to virgin Indian. The thicker texture just makes it more resistant to damage.

Consensus: Processed hair is my thing. Virgin is cool too, but in my experience processed hair is less work and it's more likely you'll get what you're looking for. I will definitely stick with dupes from CVs instead of trying to scrounge for the perfect virgin curls.

Date Posted: Apr 20 2011 at 3:26am
bump

Posted By: 510QUEEN
Date Posted: Apr 20 2011 at 3:49am
My experience with: Kinky Straight

VENDOR: (PV) Me

INSTALLED: 3.5oz 16'' Mongolian wefts and 5x5 Malaysian Closure both VIRGIN hair color

PROS:  Hair (both orgins) are soft BUT the Mongo is buttery soft. 

I colored both wefts and closure and the color took FABULOUSLY!  I didn't used any bleach to lift, just deposited color. ANd I went lighter!

The hair straightens lovely.  If I take my time I can really do tha fool.

Minimum to no shedding, and I didn't seal.

Weft constuctions is very good.  VERY thin foldable wefts.

The closure is ON POINT! This scalp is UNFREAKINBELIEVABLE!

I co-wash and walked out the house and let it air dry and it STILL looked good with NO heat.

This hair has NOT tangled one time.

Unbelievable BODY and BOUNCE!

The Mongo and Malay mathces perfectly EVEN though the Malay had MORE crimps in it.

CONS: 

Purchased 2 bundles and only used ONE.

OVERALL:  Oh yeah......this is one to be tucked in your back pocket! THIS is REAMING in MY stash.  MY #1 stunna

Posted By: MsCoKo
Date Posted: Apr 20 2011 at 8:45am
Originally posted by Babydoll9163 Babydoll9163 wrote:

Hair was dyed by vendor.

The good: Awesome texture. Even though I am wearing a closure it looks so natural. Holds curls awesomely. Most days I either moisturize then braid, knot, or flexirod for curls/waves and they last all day.

The bad: Typical KS stuff. Weather can make this hair poof really big. It requires a lot of product and taming, and MUST be clarified, conditioned, and flat ironed on the regular. But once you get the routine down...it's smooth sailing.

Consensus: This is my new favorite texture. I will definitely rock KS most of the year (only switching in spring/summer when it's time for curls).
Do you have some pix of what this looks like ?

-------------
Beauty Addict
www.stylesbycoko.com http://flickr.com/photos/stylesbycoko
http://www.facebook.com/stylesbycoko
http://thedazzlecartel.tumblr.com
http://CoKoChanel.tumblr.com
(imported from Detroit)

Date Posted: Apr 25 2011 at 6:41pm

Hair was dyed by vendor.

Update on this hair...

wooooo chile, I thought I had everything together....until it got warm outside. My hair went from nice kinky waves to a big Chaka Khan that will will catch fire if a warm wind blows mess. Cry I had to up my moisture to keep it under control because it swells soooo much.

Consensus: This is hair is very high maintenance in the spring/summer months. You CANNOT miss a day of moisturizing ever, but it's still a manageable and natural texture Smile

Posted By: meadow
Date Posted: Apr 26 2011 at 12:18am
please keep this going. I'm taking notes... Geek

Date Posted: May 02 2011 at 4:19pm
bump bump

Posted By: doubleaqueen772
Date Posted: May 02 2011 at 4:48pm
@510 queen gorgeous! gorgeous! I need that hair! http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=5490">

Steals hair and runs!

Posted By: conskeeted_IV
Date Posted: Jun 14 2011 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by meadow meadow wrote:

please keep this going. I'm taking notes... Geek
Smile

Posted By: shawnie
Date Posted: Jun 15 2011 at 2:06pm
My Experiences with Mongolian Light Yaki

Vendor: Royal Princess Hair
Installed: 4oz 16" 4 oz 18in

The good:  LOVE the hair!!! Silkier texture than I thought, but It didnt matter because I was getting a full sew in anyway. Initially I had some shedding, but I didnt seal, so that was to be expected.  But now I am in about week 6 with this hair and now there is no shedding at all, so thats great.  No tangles either.....this is all that I can possibly ask for with processed hairWink

The Con:  does not hold heat curls for more than a few hours......but if I flexirod I can get a couple days out of it.

conclusion: I would purchase from her again, and her customer service was excellent.Wink

Posted By: Kaorichan
Date Posted: Jun 15 2011 at 2:26pm
My Experiences with Italian Yaki

Vendor: Royal Princess Hair
Installed: 4oz 16" 4 oz 18in

The good:  Lovely and soft...and has the kink without having THE KINK if you know what I mean. It doesn't really hold a curl but I didn't expect it to. It doesn't really poof and when it does it just looks like healthy AA hair that hasn't been flatironed. I prefer it in its natural state as when flatironed it is too silky. I sealed before I installed and there was no shedding from the wefted hair (the shedding came from the closure I bought off a member here which isn't the same quality - have just ordered a closure too from RPH).

The Con:  lt hardly holds a curl. It is looks good in a braid out and that lasts about a day or so.

Conclusion: She has great customer service and have already bought my mid-summer hair from her (kinky curly) and can't wait to install.

Posted By: Alexis303
Date Posted: Jun 15 2011 at 3:29pm
My experience with Chinese Light Yaki...

Vendor:  KevinCN
Installed:  8 oz. usually in everything from 1B-4 and 1B/30, have installed from 16 to 22 inches depending on the install.

The good:  Beautiful texture that is extremely manageable and a great match for my relaxed hair.  I always buy this texture from the originator- KevinCN- and the quality has always been excellent.

The bad:  Honestly, nothing bad about the hair itself.  The only con really is that Kevin takes so long to full orders sometimes and only takes WU or wire transfer, no Paypal.

Conclusion:  I love this hair!  I have been wearing wigs/weave for well over 20 years and this is probably my favorite hair that I have ever worn.

Posted By: Alexis303
Date Posted: Jun 15 2011 at 3:37pm
My experience with Chinese Virgin Remy...

Vendor:  Several (KevinCN, Jacksun, and others)
Installed:  8 oz. usually, natural color/texture, which is usually straight and about 1-1B, rarely a little lighter in color and very slight wave.

The good:  Very durable and strong hair.  Can be very sleek and good match for relaxed AA hair.  Very easily handles chemical processing.

The bad:  Not as consistent in color/texture as processed hair.  Not quite as good a texture match as Yaki textures.

Conclusion:  This is probably my second favorite hair, right up there with Lt. Yaki.  The main benefit of the CVR is that it lasts a little longer than Lt. Yaki in my experience and it can be easily dyed.  Overall, I love the hair, but unless your vendor knows what you like you can sometimes get a batch that is not exactly what you want- like too silky or too light in color.  

Posted By: JayJay85
Date Posted: Jun 15 2011 at 5:42pm
My Experiences with Virgin Malaysian

Vendor: RoyalPrincessHair.com
Installed: 22", 18" and 16"

The good:  Customer service was excellent from before and after purchase.
The hair blended with my hair really good, had a natural sheen to it without using product... I never experienced any tangling and shedding was minimal as i later sealed on using the hair on a 2nd install

The Con:  I cant say i had any downsides, i reused the hair again and im planning on reusing as my winter hair

Conclusion: Will definetly purchase again because of both customer service and quality of hair

Date Posted: Jul 31 2011 at 1:11pm
bump and please read the OP before posting.

-------------
Losers make excuses! Winners make things happen!

Posted By: beautiful-stranger
Date Posted: Jul 31 2011 at 3:03pm
Hair: Mongolian Kinky Curly
Vendor: RoyalPrincessHairs
Specs: 14 & 16in / used about 7 oz

Pros: this is the most natural looking weave I've had. I'm transitioning into natural (although my hair has been natural for a long time I'm only now getting used to wearing my own hair so I wanted something that would make that transition easier for me) it does get bug but I've gotten so many compliments and people asking me for my regimen haha. It doesn't shed much only when I wash and detangle which I do about every 3 days but I expected as mychbecause I didn't seal. Once moisturizer properly the hair is very soft with a beautiful curl pattern!!

Cons: I do have a little tangling in my nape Area although not a huge deal still is a con. I straightened a piece and it was a little stiff and although I don't plan to straighten I would like to have that option.

Customer service: Dionne was a great help. I was nervous because I ordered about a week before I was going on vacation to NY and was unsure if I was going to recover my package on time and I also placed two separate orders and to ensure delivery she put both packages together and only chargedme for shipping once. She also put up with all my questions and really came through for me.

Conclusion: I would definitely continue to order from this company. Maybe try an Italian yaki!

Posted By: beautiful-stranger
Date Posted: Jul 31 2011 at 3:04pm
**sorry for the typos I'm on my iPhone lol

Posted By: BeautyAddiction
Date Posted: Jul 31 2011 at 4:45pm
My experince with Kinky Straight

Vendor: Kevin CN

Pros: Soft, matches my texture exactly when flat iron, no shedding and I split my wefts!

Cons: Takes up to 15-20 days to get hair

Conclusion: Is my go to guy for kinky straight

-------------
"... everything im not makes me everything I AM."

Posted By: nazjha
Date Posted: Aug 07 2011 at 12:22am
Virgin Straight

Vendor:Wagmans

Pros: Hair was light weight, no shedding, re-installed the hair 4 times still like new. Bleended in  almost perfectly wit my natural hair. When washed it had a beautiful curl pattern which I styled  with a diffuser.
Cons: The hair is kind of thin but appears thick when others see it.

Posted By: pretty_agot
Date Posted: Aug 07 2011 at 6:56am

My experience with KINKY CURL

Vendor: BOBRAZ
Hair Color: 1B

Good: The hair was matched my hair in the natural state..

Bad: OMG, this hair EXTREMELY SHEDS and MATTS on me, not mare tangling, real matting.  I’m taking it out.  To make it worst, the stylist did an awful job with the install.

Consensus: I will not purchase this BOBRAZ again, I don’t understand the rave.  Sorting for another Kinky Curl Hair.

Posted By: pretty_agot
Date Posted: Aug 07 2011 at 6:56am

My experience with KINKY CURL

Vendor: BOBRAZ
Hair Color: 1B

Good: The hair was matched my hair in the natural state..

Bad: OMG, this hair EXTREMELY SHEDS and MATTS on me, not mare tangling, real matting.  I’m taking it out.  To make it worst, the stylist did an awful job with the install.

Consensus: I will not purchase this BOBRAZ again, I don’t understand the rave.  Sorting for another Kinky Curl Hair.

Posted By: blkbuttafly
Date Posted: Aug 07 2011 at 8:18pm
My experience with: deep curly

Vendor: Jeffrey

Details: about 7oz of 16", 1b dyed by vendor

Pros: I think this hair Borders on kinky curly, but a very loose curl. I love the hair. Soft to the touch once you moisturize. It loves cantu leave in, suave Shea conditioner...heck, it seems anything that has moisture except for Aussie moist...it hated it.

Cons: its not low maintenance hair..no curly hair is. It sheds when detangling..BIG TIME. But once you find the right products, the shedding is at a minimum. I didn't seal, but I didn't cut the wefts either, soooo...LOL.

Verdict: love the hair anyways! LOL

-------------

Posted By: so_GLAM
Date Posted: Aug 07 2011 at 8:42pm
bump

Posted By: OneLove1987
Date Posted: Aug 08 2011 at 9:56am
Vendor: Halley's Curls
Texture: Gentle relaxed waves
Specs: 16 and 14 inch
Installed: pretty much all 8 oz except for maybe a few strips of weft left over

The Good: Ummmm....Ermm yeah

The Bad: right out the bag i should have returned it. it was very over processed, the ends were so fried they were white and it was very dry. i tried everything in life to make the hair manageable and nothing worked, all possible products and voodoo chants nothing. it puffed up, tangled instantly after it dried. when i tried to straighten it it would swell up and tangle. the 16inch was more like a 12 inch.

Conclusion: never ever again. and this was my first non-beauty supply store purchase imagine how discouraged i was.

Vendor:Bobbi Boss
texture: Natural Yaki
Specs:14 and 12
Installed: 7 ounces

The Good: it didn't tangle or mat. it was very flowy and pin straight. easy to manage

The Bad: it really didn't blend too well, it was very silky and any iota of oil or anything that got on it made it stringy as hell. it would hold a curl pretty well but it had no body what so ever. it did eventually tangle and i had no idea why. i never flat ironed it and i only curled the hair once for homecoming.

Conclusion: this hair is not for me

Vendor:Bobbi Boss
Texture: ocean wave
Specs: 16 and 14 inch
Installed about 7.5 ounces

The Good: the hair was gorgeous in the beginning, loved the curls. it was easy to manage just shampoo and condition, no deep conditioning was needed. i would scrunch a little and hair dry it and it didn't tangle. just spray in the morning with water and leave in and i was good to go. the older it got the more coarse and natural it looked. it was very pretty hair

The Bad: i think i may have ruined this hair but i won't get it again to find out if it was me or not. the times i would straighten the hair it was awesome body, it was gorgeous, but i think i was flat ironing it at too high of a temperature and i just bar-b-qued it. this was before i knew how to handle wavy hair and i never tried to blow dry it straight first i just jacked the flat iron to like 400+ degrees to get the waves out. then once i washed it to get the waves back it tangled and matted. so it may be due to the frying because other than that the hair was fine and i had it in for a while

Conclusion: I don't think ocean wave is that bad but don't fry it into extinction

Vendor: Senghori Shells
Texture: relaxed rhythms
Spec: 18 and 14 inch
Installed: all 8 ounces

The Good: LOVE THIS HAIR. it's great. easy to manage. just shampoo with a moisturizing shampoo and condition with panteen pro v women of color condition and dove conditioner.  when the hair starts to act weird like slightly tangle or get puffy its a cry for a deep condition. so i just use regular conditioner and leave it on for about an hour or so or sit under a hooded dryer for 30 minutes. then rinse the condition out with a acv rinse and cold water and its sooooo soft and perfect after that! i get compliments on this hair all the time people have nooooo idea it's crazy. the only time i get stupid tangles or knots is what i keep putting it into super messy ponytail or buns using like the 30 scrunchies i find around the house but even those knots can be taken out using one hand.

The Bad: this hair will not hold a curl to save it's life. no matter what i do. i will curl it and after curling it i will pin curl the hair co that it cools curled and once i take the pin curls out they fall right before my eyes it's like i'm being punked or something. even if i wet set it or use flexirods it still won't hold. hair spray does nothing but make the hair tangle and knot.

Conclusion: I will always use her hair. it's great great great

Posted By: ballinactress11
Date Posted: Aug 08 2011 at 3:53pm
bump bump bump

Posted By: maibabie1
Date Posted: Aug 14 2011 at 1:58am
bump, bump

Posted By: Kocoa
Date Posted: Aug 16 2011 at 9:34pm
My Experience with "Brazilian" Kinky Straight.

Specs: 24 in. coarse bulk human hair.
Installed: Individual open ended braids - Braided in around 250g of 300g (basically 2.5 packs).

The Good: This is my very first purchase from a CV. Now as we all know, Brazilian hair is very rare so I don't actually expect a CV to have authentic Brazilian hair. Nonetheless, I picked the Brazilian because I thought it would match my natural hair texture better. The hair is very beautiful and the color matches on point with my own off black coloring. When I had taken them out of the pack. I could've ran my fingers right through it without feeling tangles or anything. Being KS this hair was pretty thick but what I truly liked was that it didn't have the bling-bling shine to it. It was a nice low luster sheen that easily matches my natural hair. This hair doesn't need a lot of product to get it under control.

The Bad: I can't really say anything bad about this hair yet. I've had it installed a week today and the hair is still pretty much tangle free. It's behaving pretty well even while having spring/summer weather in the middle of winter here. If unwatched, it will get Diana Ross big but I'm into big hair anyway so it's not too much of a complaint. The only complaint I would have is that it can be difficult to do certain styles with this type of hair because the way that it is installed in my head. My braider may have used too much hair, so next time I go in, I'll ask her to use less hair in the braids.

The conclusion: I've been thoroughly enjoying wearing kinky straight and I doubt I'd be going back to just flat out yaki anytime soon. This hair does take a little work to take care of but I don't mind it one bit. I'm a natural and through this experiment, I've found that KS really does suit me.

Posted By: hairfiend504
Date Posted: Aug 16 2011 at 10:35pm
My experience with Fresh Relaxed...

Vendor: Laniks
Installed: 7.7 oz, 16 in

Good: the texture blends with my hair, i'm transitioning with about 2 inches of new growth. This hair holds curls very well, has tons of body and feels so realistic.

Bad: I guess I must have had it in the stash too long, because when I went to install it, the hair was really dry and almost brittle. It didn't feel like that when I received it. Once I deep conditioned the hair it was all good. This is my fault. (I'm still learning)

Overall I am so in love with this hair, and it was my first self install so its kinda like my baby now. LOL!!Wink

I would recommend that if you keep this hair put away for a while to take it out and do a deep conditioner.

I posted some pics after I curled the hair, this is the 2 day curls.

http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n488/hairfiend504/ - http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n488/hairfiend504/

Posted By: iGotSunshine
Date Posted: Aug 23 2011 at 1:59pm
My experience with "Brazilian" Curly
Vendor: The Virgin Hair Fantasy
Hair: natural brown color
Installed: 4 oz of 18in  4oz of 16in 2.5oz of 12inch
The good: Realistic Texture. Minimal Shedding. Hold A Great Curl with no product. I've been dry rodding with the blue flexi rods for curls and they last until i comb them out to re-rod for the night. The ends were already clipped. Hair is true to length. Straightened easily

Bad: when I first got the hair it had a processed smell but Jane did say it was steam processed to mantain and enhance the curls. I hate how steam processed and virgin are basically interchangeable now. Hair is not in stock so they take 7-10 days to process and then 2 days to ship. In my opinion this doesn't ensure the quality of the hair because you have no time to inspect it before it's sent out. When I ordered the hair it was due to a lot of good reviews and referrals and as soon as I ordered it that's when bad reviews started coming. So I guess i lucked up with a good batch.

Consensus: i dont know if I will order again because I dont have the time or money to play Russian Roulette with my hair but I will be saving this to my stash.

-------------
“Don't be in a hurry to condemn because he doesn't do what you do or think as you think or as fast. There was a time when you didn't know what you know today.”
― Malcolm X

Posted By: MiiSS kECiia
Date Posted: Sep 22 2011 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by LovesLace LovesLace wrote:

bump and please read the OP before posting.

Posted By: joy6899
Date Posted: Sep 22 2011 at 6:51pm
LOL i dont see the point of posting private vendors..your review means nothing if we dont know who it is

-------------

Posted By: Kocoa
Date Posted: Sep 22 2011 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by joy6899 joy6899 wrote:

LOL i dont see the point of posting private vendors..your review means nothing if we dont know who it is

Not really, some members are gonna completely stonewall when it comes to just outting their fav vendors but there are ppl that are willing share via pm (or at least I think there are a few that will share LOL).

Posted By: KIERY
Date Posted: Sep 22 2011 at 9:12pm
I wrote this entire review on the HC textures that I have tried but they didn't post.  

Ah well.

Vendor: Jai Traders "Virgin" Deep Curly

Good - Relatively inexpensive.  The hair  improved with time.  Straightened well and held a curl nicely.

Bad  - A couple bundles of the hair were dyed jet friggin black and hard to lift.  Weft construction was poor, Beards were and 1"+.  The longer lengths were barely wavy.  The ends were bad and the lengths were off.  Plenty, plenty, plenty greys.  Long turn around time.  When notified of the poor quality, the owner Priya Raj, blamed it on a rainy season and said it would be better next time.  

I ended up nursing this hair back to life and it really did improve with time and plenty of TLC, but I'd rather pay more money for a better quality product.  I prob would not buy again.  The only reason I would even be tempted is because I hope I got a bad batch and the next order would be better. 

Posted By: CelebPretty
Date Posted: Sep 23 2011 at 1:30am
Texture -- Brazilian Natural Straight (wavy) 16-24"
Oz - 14 oz
Vendor - Vimage Hair Company (CV)

Good - Beautiful waves when washed and conditioned. Great texture, and easy to blend. Tangling was slight, but not a big issue
Hair color is a natural 2, not too dark or too light, so again may be easy to blend
Pricing is very reasonable
Customer service - bomb !
Shipping --- purchased Thursday night, received Monday afternoon !!

Bad --- the hair sheds so ridiculously it counters every good thing I said. When I say shed, not 1-2 strands
but about 20-30 when you detangle (each time)
In the shower, expect to lose about 100 strands (I wish I was lying)

I sealed my wefts, and did not cut them !
and still experienced EXCESSIVE shedding. I understand hair sheds, but this is just pathetic.

Buyer Beware !!!!

Texture - Natural Straight (Indian) 22"
Vendor - Naya's Indian Hair

Good - Hair was naturally straight, and had a nice light wave pattern when the hair was manipulated when wet. The hair color was a natural 1B-2, and was silky
Nice luster.

Bad- shedding, but not excessive. Tangling, but not excessive . This hair is very lack luster. It will not "Wow" you, but will not make you run for the hills either. I recommend if you are on a budget, and are trying virgin hair for the first time.

Texture - Natural Straight
Vendor- Indian Hair.net

Good- Hair is pretty, silky, cute packaging, nice natural darkness, and true to length
great price, fast shipping

Bad- just about everything ?? Shed, but tangled way more than it shed
The tangling was unbearable, an indicator that the hair is NOT REMY
shedding was not excessive, but was more than usual (10-15 strands during detangling)

Again, BUYER BEWARE!!!

I hope this helps

Posted By: missjazzy27
Date Posted: Sep 27 2011 at 9:31pm
Beautiful!

Posted By: ixnmom
Date Posted: Oct 04 2011 at 3:52pm

BUMP!

Posted By: Blue1206
Date Posted: Oct 04 2011 at 5:14pm

You guys really know how to describe your weaves. All this weave terminology has just lost me.

When I go to the BSS I just ask for a 1B Yaky 10 inch. I need to upgrade my weave knowledge 

-------------
Current Length: SL
My site:
http://shaystouch.wordpress.com/

x Perfectly Imperfect x

Date Posted: Oct 04 2011 at 6:42pm
Glad to see this thread is still going. I hope it's helping you guys out.

My experience with..

Indian curly closure

Vendor: Idk (bought it from someone)

The good: The hair is versatile. The curly texture makes it manipulative to almost anything but kinky hair. I've worn it with a relaxed texture that it goes with nicely.

The bad: I dyed the closure when I first got it. I'm very careful with hair color and this hair is just DONE! It could not handle the color job in the least. I notice this a lot with indian hair. It just doesn't hold up well to manipulation. This is the second time I've worn this closure and after this it's trash. A shame too because it could be used multiple times if coloring weren't an issue.

Consensus: Indian hair is NOT what you want to use if you need to manipulate a lot (i.e. flat iron, color, etc.). Thicker textures like Malaysian and Chinese just handle it better. All my closures will be Chinese from now on.

-------------
Stupid ppl are like a unicorn. They too do not exist. They are just liberated... liberated from knowledge. -nycdiva

Date Posted: Dec 19 2011 at 4:47pm
Bump

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 20 2011 at 1:12am
Originally posted by joy6899 joy6899 wrote:

The vendor isn't the important part...you learn valuable info about the texture which is mostly what this thread is about.

-------------
Stupid ppl are like a unicorn. They too do not exist. They are just liberated... liberated from knowledge. -nycdiva

Posted By: Punkie aka Jay
Date Posted: Dec 23 2011 at 5:19am
^^ fully agree. Textures and how they work with colour and peoples desired looks etc is VERY important. a thred like this can help you decide whther to buy CLY or ILY for example.

im glad to see this thread up n running. My review on my recent purchase of Indian Light Yaki. 

So I made a mistake in my ordering should have been Chinese Light yaki but i didntspecify the chinese so Kev gave me indian as standard (Duh). The Indian is a bight lighter and there are a few more flyaways I never istalled the chinese texture before I have only seen it but there is a difference the chinese is thicke and denser. i didnt try to curl the hair thoughbut even when I plait it it didnt lock into a wave pattern which signifies it is really straight but i cant confirm if you curl it iff it would hold a curl. The hair is light so I think it probably would..

I also colored it a bit and it disnt tangle after i bleached it but i would not recommend you do drastic colours on it because the hair was a bit drer after coloring and i think the dryness would probably lead to tangling ...

anyway other than that love the texture blends beautifully with my hair when relaxed and not as shiny as just normal straight hair.

my .02 

Posted By: Memphisbaby
Date Posted: Dec 23 2011 at 6:43am
Originally posted by dreamz dreamz wrote:

Trying to contribute to my boo-thang's thread:

My Review for

LAVISH LENGTHS
www.lavishlengths.com

18" Bohemian Curly
8 oz
self install with approx 6 oz unsplit wefts

I was thoroughly impressed,
I felt the packaging was nice
and neat, and the hair looked
pretty. I initially thought the
curls looked very uniform.

At first I used Dove
Intensive Therapy Shampoo
and Conditioner. I also tried
Tresemme' Curly Shampoo
& Conditioner. Now I am
using Pantene Frizzy to
Smooth Shampoo and
Conditioner. I prefer the
Pantene.

It flat irons pretty
easily after blowdrying. It it
a little puffy when just
attempting to flat iron
without blowdrying first. On a high (450 degree) iron
my curls stayed intact
overnight.

I wash my hair every 2 or 3 days. I
washed it daily for about 4 days. Pretty
much, whenever I am going somewhere
and want it to look fresh, I wash it.
 I only straightened it twice.
Other than that, I wear it in its natural
state.

I sealed my hair with the he101.
I sealed the whole weft on one side, but I
do this with every hair type. The hair does
shed, but it is general detangle shedding. In
general, I've not noticed any excessive
shedding.

My hair tends to get dry and the ends will
tangle. I don't feel it is abnormal tangling
for the length and texture though. The hair
is NOT matted, but it will tangle up on
itself a bit. Once wet, the tangles sort of
disappear though.

I have tried Cantu Shea Butter, Dove
Products, Tresemme Products, Pantene
Products. I apply castor oil to the ends of
the hair to prevent drying and seal in
moisture.

Without product this hair gets HUGE. 
I
don't like to use a lot of product, so I
cowash every 2 days, then seal with a thin
coating of castor oil or evoo, let air dry and
go. I think the hair can look frizzy with too
many products. I prefer it to look as close
to its natural state as possible.

I rate this hair an 8 overall and about a 9
compared to other curly hair that I've worn. The owner Jessica is a doll.  She asked me to be a tester & I was sent this hair in exchange for review.

Really nice post.

Posted By: ty24isha
Date Posted: Dec 23 2011 at 7:31am
Originally posted by blkbuttafly blkbuttafly wrote:

My experience with: deep curly

Vendor: Jeffrey

Details: about 7oz of 16", 1b dyed by vendor

Pros: I think this hair Borders on kinky curly, but a very loose curl. I love the hair. Soft to the touch once you moisturize. It loves cantu leave in, suave Shea conditioner...heck, it seems anything that has moisture except for Aussie moist...it hated it.

Cons: its not low maintenance hair..no curly hair is. It sheds when detangling..BIG TIME. But once you find the right products, the shedding is at a minimum. I didn't seal, but I didn't cut the wefts either, soooo...LOL.

Verdict: love the hair anyways! LOL

Do you  have his contact info and or link I am trying to find a new vernder and i heard good stuff about him.

Posted By: mayloop
Date Posted: Dec 23 2011 at 9:35am
VENDOR: Jeffery
Installed: 18in/22in
Texture: Virgin Chinese

Good: Got bone straight, Held curls for a while , Fast shipping

Bad: Shed like a dog!( But i didnt seal and i cut the wefts) Had tangling issues at first but it lessened. The hair hated being deep conditioned and any product would weigh it down.

Conclusion: If i was really broke i would get this hair, just hated the constant shedding

Posted By: mayloop
Date Posted: Dec 23 2011 at 9:43am
VENDOR: Wagmans
Installed: 16/19-20/23
Texture: SUPERIOR Virgin Machine Weft/Natural Straight/Wavy

Good: Got better and better after time, held curls well, waves never went away after plenty of heat

Bad: Shed like crazy, Ends was soo frizzy but i refused to cut lol, Hair came shorter then expected, rinsed black after every wash ..maybe cause hair was dyed to 1. In the summer it was impossible to wear straight

Conclusion: Nooo hair is way to pricey can get hair for cheaper and better quality else where

Posted By: breBR3bre
Date Posted: Jan 29 2012 at 2:20am
bump i need more places to find kc

Posted By: 05girl
Date Posted: Feb 05 2012 at 10:17am
BUMP

one of the best threads on here because the reviews are to the point and organized!!

Posted By: KarmaCee
Date Posted: Feb 06 2012 at 9:33am
Originally posted by miamiu miamiu wrote:

My experience with Virgin Curly

Vendor: B-Dogg
Installed: 7 ounces (14-16 inches). Think he sent more than 8 oz, I have alot of hair left over.

Good: I love the hair, its flows, its coarse, it is the only hair i have worn where people literally thought it was all mine even though it went below bra strap. When I straighten my leave out it matches to a tee. I twist it and bantu knot it and it holds the curl and twist all day. I haven't staightened it because I need it cut but I am sure it straightens well. No heavy products needed. Once you wash and condition let it air dry completely before laying down or it will tangle. Use a good moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. I also use the herbal essence conditioners for moisturizing. The curls are lovely once it has aired completely.  

Bad: The beards were long, so i decided to trim. It does tangle but not anything serious. It sheds, I sealed but still some shed. Nothing to go crazy over. 

Consensus: Love it, it is my go to hair. I will keep this in heavy rotation.

How recent was your purchase?

Date Posted: May 25 2012 at 9:02pm
Bump
Please read the OP before posting.

-------------

Date Posted: Jul 02 2012 at 6:49pm
Bumped again. Hope this answers alot of questions for new folks.

A good read. (should read)

Posted By: supuu43
Date Posted: Jul 03 2012 at 12:10pm
Bump

Posted By: MsBMW
Date Posted: Jul 08 2012 at 8:44am
Thanks for Bumping I missed this thread

-------------

Posted By: *Belle*Femme*
Date Posted: Jul 09 2012 at 7:43pm

Ok ladies, I think it's time we create our very on "weave encyclopedia" filled with our experiences of various textures, vendors, styles, etc.

THIS IS NOT A QUESTIONS/COMMENTS THREAD...EXPERIENCES ONLY

Type up both the good and the bad of what you've dealt with. Make sure you spell out names of vendors/textures so when people search it'll come up right. And as always, pictures are more than welcome Smile

Again.....do not come up in here asking questions or posting comments on installs, this thread is not for that. Just people's experiences...may anyone who comes in here with a bunch of random stuff be blessed with cow's ass hair Smile
Virgin Straight/Indian- Why did I play myself and get this hair? It was many years ago but why would any AA woman with any type of 4 hair texture get this hair. I dont care what you do, it will never blend flawlessly. EVER!!!!

EP= Honestly, besides it being soooo damn expensive, I have nothing bad to say about this hair at all. Ive had it for almost a 1 1/2 and it just keeps giving me life. I think its worth the investment.

Exotic Hair LA- Where do I begin? It is awful. I bought a U-part wig, Course yaki straight. The tangles, the shedding in the first two days, the color not being true 1, the construction of the wig, the wig clips peeling, the straps in the back stretch out, need I go on. I beg thee, please dont play yourself and waste your money. Her customer service also was bad. I sent her three emails to find out when my wig was coming. I also emailed her telling her that the wig was shedding profusely. Do you think she responded? Absolutely not. DO NOT SHOP THERE. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

Halley's Curls- I always got the relaxed straight texture. My first purchase was emmaculate. The closure is so realistic and I was one of the lucky people who didnt have it go bald on in a month. I had that closure for a good 7 months. However, I repurchased hair in decemeber when they have that month wide sale and I swear she sent me all the crap that she had at the warehouse. It was horrible. It shed like crazy, it got dry so quick, my closure was balding after 4 months. I dont know how to rate them. My first experience was great, the second experience was horrible. I still do want to get a closure from them though. It so realistic

ONYC- Ive only purchased their mongolian closure. The first closure that i purchased from them was very realistic and on par with HC realistic nature. However, they changed the way they made closure and it seemed a little more dense the second time around which I wasnt feeling. The texture of the hair is nice.

-------------
My mind explodes

Date Posted: Jul 10 2012 at 7:54am
My experience with Kinky Curly

Vendor: ONYC
Installed: 8 ounces (14-16 inches). I purchased the 4a

Good: The curls were nice, the wefts were tight. It matched my hair somewhat but my natural curls were alittle looser than that hair.  

Bad: To me the hair was dry looking and frizzy.

Consensus: It is okay, I keep it so i can alternate it with a looser curl at the top of my install. A not uniformed look as far as curls are concerned so it blends alittle better with my hair.
Would I purchase again, no because I have found a CV that dups hair pretty well.  

Posted By: goldensolutions
Date Posted: Jul 11 2012 at 4:08pm
how long did it take for the bdogg hair to come? whats the condition of your hair know?

Posted By: HowardAlumAKA
Date Posted: Jul 11 2012 at 4:15pm
Bump

Side note: I think it would be somewhat fair to name the vendor for some of us newbies.......saying Kinky acts _____ ___ way is somewhat confusing because it might not act that way with all vendors...

Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:57pm
bump

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 8:07pm
My experience with:QHP more wavy
Installed approx 10.5 oz 16, 18 & 22

The pros: the hair handled 2 color jobs and a bleached job plus the waves came back every single time. It held curls with flexi rods and heat tools wonderfully. Also blended really well with my flatironed natural hair.

The cons: the cornchip smell never really went away but subsided greatly after the second color job. The 16" was 2" shorter so I had deep layers. The 14" also tangled excessively but didn't shed.

I had it installed for 5 weeks then gave it to the woman who installed the hair and she wore that hair for 7 months.

-------------
Only real women can support/compliment another without feeling some type of insecurity--Jay H.

Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 8:21pm
My experience with: Malaysian yaki curly
Installed: 2.5 bundles 18", 20, 22"

Pros: The hair was true to length, soft and handled the lifting for highlights. I loved how I could manipulate the hair into either waves or curls. I wasn't a fan of curly hair until I had this hair. Took me awhile to figure out how to blend but once I learned it was a breeze. The hair straighten and curled well plus the curls came right back after wash.

Cons: the hair sheds even thought I sealed with both he101 and extension plus weft sealer but twefts were cut and sewn through. The big density I had became thinner and thinner.

I wore the hair for I believe 8 weeks...will purchase again and make a wig instead of a sew in.

-------------
Only real women can support/compliment another without feeling some type of insecurity--Jay H.

Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 8:44pm
My experience with: Filipino straight
Vendor: Divine hair wigs
Installed: 2.5 (added two tracks of Indian light yaki for blending purposes) 16, 18, 20

Pros: 2 bundles were 2" longer than stated. The hair has gorgeous sheen to the hair plus the "weight" of the hair was beautiful. This hair held curls the best out of all the hair I ever had. I loved the body the hair had after airdrying...just beautiful.

Cons: my transaction with the vendor was horrible -poor communication, the longest bundle shed horribly even when sealed with extension plus weft sealer and tangled at the ends which I read seems to be a characteristic of Filipino hair

I had this hair installed for 6 weeks then lend the hair (which turned out to be permanently ) and she is still wearing the hair after two installs (the hair still looks good).

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 9:05pm
My experience with: "Russian" wavy/curly
Vendor: Glam Goddess Beauty
Installed: 2.5 bundles 14-16, 16-18 & 18-20

Pros: communicated with the vendor for more than a month before purchasing and the owner was quick to respond with lengthy detailed answers.   All my bundles measured longer than stated length.   The initial look was different but I didn't worry.   The hair is very soft and has amazing flow. Straightens really good with having to blowdry straight first. This hair barely sheds or tangle (I didn't seal out of laziness but the wefts weren't cut)

Cons: The wait time is really long. Each bundle was a different color but I put all those colors on my hair (I did color a few pieces around my leave out darker to help with blending)...not sure if that is really a con.

I wore the hair for 6-7 weeks...the only reason why I removed the install was I had issues with the braiding pattern.   I did end up making a wig with a custom made closure but it sucked b/c I constructed it horribly (will be redoing the wig once I get a different cap)
***My second purchase from them wasn't so good and currently waiting for replacement bundles.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 9:22pm
My experience with: "Russian" medium coarse straight (medium luster)
Vendor: Yummy Hair Extensions
Installed: 2 bundles 16-18 plus a chinese yaki straight closure on a wig.

Pros: effective communication.   I was interested in their medium-very coarse straight and waited until they had a new shippment. When the shipment arrived, she informed me that she didn't receive any very coarse bundles and we decided to go with medium coarse.   It took 2 weeks from when I placed my order to when I received my order (major plus). The bundles were thick which surprised me in a good way. I ordered 2 bundles of 16-18...one bundle measured 18 & the other measured 21.5". I colored the hair to violet black but it looks jet black. The hair straightens nicely and holds a heat curl for a couple of days.

Cons: so far-nothing because I only have been wearing the closure wig a little more than a week.   Will update later.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 9:24pm
All the installs I worn from late March/Early April until now...smh

-------------

Posted By: CrownRhoyale
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 9:43pm
Great review Ms. Blue!

Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by CrownRhoyale CrownRhoyale wrote:

Great review Ms. Blue!

Thank you CrownRhoyale!

-------------

Posted By: Posh Ams
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 11:48pm
Thanks Ms Blue! You know you a weaveaholic

Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 7:56am
Originally posted by Posh Ams Posh Ams wrote:

Thanks Ms Blue! You know you a weaveaholic

I am

-------------

Posted By: sweets2323
Date Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 1:02pm
I though this was a great post

Posted By: atlprincess09
Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 5:21pm
bump!

Print Page | Close Window