Forum Name: Hair Color
Forum Description: Discussions on Hair Color
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=302538
Printed Date: Dec 16 2017 at 9:28pm

Topic: Random Thoughts: Hair Color
Posted By: BeauTfllyBrwn
Subject: Random Thoughts: Hair Color
Date Posted: Mar 09 2011 at 7:45pm
I figure since everyone else has one I might as well bring it to hair color. We need some traffic down here too. Summer is approaching and it's time to show off your colorful side. Since my start date for Paul Mitchell is approaching, I am sure I will need this thread because color is the reason I'm paying this 16k tuition lol. 

Replies:
Date Posted: Mar 09 2011 at 7:46pm
I love this color... it's not practical but it is beautiful and creative.

Date Posted: Mar 16 2011 at 5:35pm
I corrected my color and I LOVE IT!!!! Again never color your hair while you're sleepy... I now have 3 tones of highlights... my natural base is a level 2, then level 5 golden brown, level 7 golden dark blond, and level 10 golden light blond. The blond was achieved using bleach and 10 volume developer.

Date Posted: Mar 16 2011 at 7:38pm

I'm trying to understand this color application... it's kind of hilarious because these 3 colors are the color of my highlights...

Posted By: Miss ViVi
Date Posted: Mar 21 2011 at 5:43pm
I want to go lighter, to a nice of brown...

Posted By: AriesBabe09
Date Posted: Mar 23 2011 at 1:10pm
IHeart Ferria...yes ladies a boxed dyeLOLWink

Posted By: IAmAliciaMarie
Date Posted: Mar 23 2011 at 7:09pm
I've used Dark & Lovely, Textures and Tones, and Revlon hair color. I've tried many colors (red, honey blonde, jet black, light golden brown, auburn brown, etc). Normally I prefer Dark & Lovely unless I want to save a few bucks then I'll get Revlon. I'm trying to get my hair a light/medium brown without any reddish color which is what usually happens. My next color is going to be Dark & Lovely Golden Bronze, hopefully that'll give me the desired color.

Date Posted: Mar 23 2011 at 8:29pm
I think this summer I'll do a medium brown or a golden brown

Date Posted: Mar 23 2011 at 9:02pm
Do you go to a salon or do it at home? What brand do you use?

Posted By: momentoindigo
Date Posted: Mar 23 2011 at 9:23pm
I really wanna change my color, but my natural color and texture don't really let my hair take on much color and when it does, it fades very quickly. I don't wanna strip my hair's color with bleach because that always results in damage and breakage... I just don't know how to get anymore than a little tint from dyes without damaging my hair.

Date Posted: Mar 23 2011 at 9:29pm
Momentoindigo, have you tried putting a shower cap on and using a blow drier? They say that heat helps the color penetrate more and some people add a booster to the developer/color mix...

Date Posted: Mar 23 2011 at 9:31pm
I'll have to try that. They always say leave in for like 25-35 minutes, but because my hair is thick I always use 2 boxes and leave it in for 45 minutes. And I have only used Feria and Revlon colors so far. I've probably died my hair 6 times in the past 3 years. I'm definitely gonna try that though, thanks.

Date Posted: Mar 31 2011 at 7:06am
I'm a wella and ion girl... When I get my license I'll be able to branch from there since I could go to pro shops. Or I could go to ebay I'm sure I could locate other color systems there without having to show my license... Hmmm

Date Posted: Mar 31 2011 at 8:21pm
I never leave the color on for the amount of time they say.  I have to leave it on longer for the color to show up right

Posted By: NoMoreCrappyHai
Date Posted: Apr 01 2011 at 1:50pm

I'm doing sew-ins for now, trying to get my hair back on track...

I'm a auburn at the top and deep brown on the bottomm, But I'm thinking about doing a golden brown with highlights for the summer.

Date Posted: Apr 01 2011 at 7:21pm
I think I'm going to go lighter this summer

Posted By: RedSoxtober
Date Posted: Apr 04 2011 at 10:45am
Time to go back to dyeing my hair black again...no more bleaching for a few years...again.

Posted By: CCdaHAIRvixxen
Date Posted: Apr 05 2011 at 4:40pm
any one knows how to make dark n lovely's honey blonde.. appear to what it shud b with starting from dark brown hair like number #2 ,. this is for weave tho not natural hair ..

Posted By: AllMixedUp88
Date Posted: Apr 05 2011 at 6:09pm
I'm going darker with indigo. I've already applied henna & I'm going to use henna one more time & then see how it goes and prob indigo my hair for my bday or so. I want to have dark hair this summer. I've was blonde for a year.

Date Posted: Apr 05 2011 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by CCdaHAIRvixxen CCdaHAIRvixxen wrote:

any one knows how to make dark n lovely's honey blonde.. appear to what it shud b with starting from dark brown hair like number #2 ,. this is for weave tho not natural hair ..

I wanna know the same thing!! I really like the look of that color.

Posted By: CCdaHAIRvixxen
Date Posted: Apr 05 2011 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by momentoindigo momentoindigo wrote:

Originally posted by CCdaHAIRvixxen CCdaHAIRvixxen wrote:

I wanna know the same thing!! I really like the look of that color.

me 222 lol

Date Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 3:24pm
Should I do a cinnamon brown or a honey brown

Date Posted: Apr 09 2011 at 7:17pm
Now I want to do a golden/chestnut brown.  I'll do cinnamon some other time

Date Posted: Apr 09 2011 at 7:31pm
I'm addicted to hair color.
I'm going to henna my hair again.
I'm going to continue to henna my hair over and over again bc im addicted to color.

then im going to indigo later in the yr... maybe

Posted By: Tantrum
Date Posted: Apr 10 2011 at 4:43am
lost a bet that i wouldnt buy any more hair. i did. but its ok ill take that L for this BEAUTIFUL color im about to have. im thinking a 6 on the bottom and a blondeish something on the top. Wish i knew more than that, but im gunna do what i normally do, which is wing it Wink. when i finally do ill post it here and up in the weave section.

Date Posted: Apr 20 2011 at 2:47am
Originally posted by Tantrum Tantrum wrote:

lost a bet that i wouldnt buy any more hair. i did. but its ok ill take that L for this BEAUTIFUL color im about to have. im thinking a 6 on the bottom and a blondeish something on the top. Wish i knew more than that, but im gunna do what i normally do, which is wing it Wink. when i finally do ill post it here and up in the weave section.

oooh sounds cute... Can't wait until you post it!!!

-------------

Date Posted: Apr 20 2011 at 5:50pm
Right now I have a love/hate relationship with this color

Date Posted: Apr 22 2011 at 12:24am

I used 'Sun In.' Got it at walmart for like 3 bucks. You like... spray it on and lay in the sun and the sun does the work with a little peroxide and lemon juice (the active ingredients). 
It's mostly for blonder hair to have blonder highlights and said not recommended for dark brown because reddish effects will occur.
But I took a risk... that's what I wanted, that's what I got. I'm satisfied with the results. Just  need to find a way to get my roots to take.

Date Posted: Apr 22 2011 at 6:24pm
Thanks. And for a healthy cover color for your current color, you could try henna.

Date Posted: Apr 26 2011 at 7:11pm
Cute, I'll have to look into that as well

Posted By: Lovelyred01
Date Posted: Apr 26 2011 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by momentoindigo momentoindigo wrote:

I used 'Sun In.' Got it at walmart for like 3 bucks. You like... spray it on and lay in the sun and the sun does the work with a little peroxide and lemon juice (the active ingredients). 
It's mostly for blonder hair to have blonder highlights and said not recommended for dark brown because reddish effects will occur.
But I took a risk... that's what I wanted, that's what I got. I'm satisfied with the results. Just  need to find a way to get my roots to take.

OMG They still sell sun-in?? I remember when i was like 12 i used "A touch of sun" and it killed my hair!!! 

Your hair color is aboslutely gorgeous though-very pretty!!!  (love presentation in the grass Wink)

Posted By: Lovelyred01
Date Posted: Apr 26 2011 at 7:56pm
So for my random thought....I really want some "Chunky Hi-lites".  Embarrassed

Posted By: Simone1987
Date Posted: Apr 27 2011 at 11:48am
i went lighter this year as well. i used the Loreal high lift color, and i loved the results, this brand lifts your hair 3 to 4 levels, i went from a raven head to autumn head in just 30 minutes. 

-------------
a woman who doesnt have any standards, will not meet anyone elses! -Simone

Date Posted: Apr 27 2011 at 12:47pm
I like my hair color now that I have seen it somewhat straight..... roots are pesky mo*&%^$#@Eas

-------------
http://www.vote4bombshell2.blogspot.com

Posted By: Natural_Tee14
Date Posted: May 03 2011 at 3:18pm
going blonde thursday :)

-------------
Just all kinds of natural

Posted By: intl_babygirl
Date Posted: May 03 2011 at 4:32pm
i want to get that perfect chocolate brown with cinnamon highlights

-------------
boing boing boing boing...

Date Posted: May 04 2011 at 2:17am
So I'm bored with my hair color already... I'm thinking about using a dark brown demi in level 3 or 4 and apply it to the first 6 inches of my hair for an the ombre effect...

-------------

Posted By: au_naturel
Date Posted: May 04 2011 at 2:38am
just bought color remover....wish me luck!! i'm trying to get this jet black color off my hair...i've had it in for 7 months now and it has not faded one bit unlike the previous time i dyed jet black.

-------------
Don't lose your dignity over something foolish. It ain't worth it!

Posted By: Natural_Tee14
Date Posted: May 04 2011 at 1:39pm
good luck! I did a jet black rinse and I didn't like it.. all the more reason I'm getting my hair done tomorrow.

-------------
Just all kinds of natural

Date Posted: May 04 2011 at 5:53pm
I'm still on the fence w/ this auburn color :/

Posted By: nostalgiajones
Date Posted: May 14 2011 at 4:33pm
I dont know if I want to go darker or lighter with my hair but I want to do something

Posted By: FemmeComplex
Date Posted: May 28 2011 at 5:29pm
I'm wondering if anyone can give me some recommendations :)

I'm about the same complexion as Nicki Minaj and was hoping to try a lighter hair colour for the summer. I want something that won't wash me out, but not too *shocking* either.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Date Posted: May 28 2011 at 11:03pm
I'd say an auburn or bergundy

Posted By: IndiaRemi89
Date Posted: May 30 2011 at 12:07am
After much research I think I really want to try out the color plum, something like this

Posted By: DeeDee58517
Date Posted: Jun 16 2011 at 7:07pm
OMG I want some color for the summer/fall

-------------
"Temporary layoffs, good times
Easy-credit ripoffs, good times
Scratchin' and survivin', good times...Ain't we lucky we got 'em?"

Check my FOTKI tho ---> http://public.fotki.com/mzdeejay/

Posted By: misjaghuar
Date Posted: Jun 16 2011 at 7:55pm
im gonna be doing black (which u know is my natural colour. lol j/k) with strpis going from ear to ear or like maybe something in the vicinity if caramel brown. something to show through all that black.

-------------
Large and Medium Mesh caps Available.

' Who gone check me, boo'!!

Posted By: lilbit65
Date Posted: Jun 17 2011 at 6:15am
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0PDoS0JN_tNhAEAHImJzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBqY2k5OThvBHBvcwM3OQRzZWMDc3IEdnRpZAM-/SIG=1k0anmt2s/EXP=1308338057/**http%3a//images.search.yahoo.com/images/view%3fback=http%253A%252F%252Fimages.search.yahoo.com%252Fsearch%252Fimages%253Fp%253DHalle%252BBerry%2526b%253D61%2526ni%253D20%2526xargs%253D0%2526pstart%253D1%2526fr%253Dslv8-yma2%26w=1074%26h=1400%26imgurl=ucesy-sk.happyhair.sk%252Fcelebrity_img%252Fberry1jl1109.jpg%26rurl=http%253A%252F%252Fwww.easyhairstyler.com%252Fcelebrity-hairstyles%252F%2526zoom%253D630%26size=305KB%26name=Prom%2bhairstyle%2b-...%26p=Halle%2bBerry%26oid=3003a24707d9036d1d1d14d13acb8c57%26fr2=%26no=79%26tt=598000%26b=61%26ni=20%26sigr=11s8401nf%26sigi=11k7i2g20%26sigb=133pp4m5d%26.crumb=eOeaeSnNND9">Go to fullsize image i like this color with some nice golden highlights.

Posted By: lilbit65
Date Posted: Jun 17 2011 at 6:16am
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0PDoS0JN_tNhAEAHImJzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBqY2k5OThvBHBvcwM3OQRzZWMDc3IEdnRpZAM-/SIG=1k0anmt2s/EXP=1308338057/**http%3a//images.search.yahoo.com/images/view%3fback=http%253A%252F%252Fimages.search.yahoo.com%252Fsearch%252Fimages%253Fp%253DHalle%252BBerry%2526b%253D61%2526ni%253D20%2526xargs%253D0%2526pstart%253D1%2526fr%253Dslv8-yma2%26w=1074%26h=1400%26imgurl=ucesy-sk.happyhair.sk%252Fcelebrity_img%252Fberry1jl1109.jpg%26rurl=http%253A%252F%252Fwww.easyhairstyler.com%252Fcelebrity-hairstyles%252F%2526zoom%253D630%26size=305KB%26name=Prom%2bhairstyle%2b-...%26p=Halle%2bBerry%26oid=3003a24707d9036d1d1d14d13acb8c57%26fr2=%26no=79%26tt=598000%26b=61%26ni=20%26sigr=11s8401nf%26sigi=11k7i2g20%26sigb=133pp4m5d%26.crumb=eOeaeSnNND9">Go to fullsize image Supposed to be a picture of HALLEY BERRY

Posted By: gdrea33
Date Posted: Jun 29 2011 at 1:57am
I just tried Bigen hair color in Oriental black and I am LOVING the results!  Thanks BHM for the product recommendationThumbs Up

Posted By: yekomod
Date Posted: Jul 03 2011 at 10:01pm
I've always wanted to dye my hair a strawberry or honey blonde color ...I don't know why, I just do

-------------
Waist length by 30

Date Posted: Nov 01 2011 at 5:21am
After these braids do I finally want to experiment with the Ombre trend, go to a lvl 3 base with lvl 9 highlights or just go back to my natural color.... #ThingsThatMakeYouGoHmmm

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 18 2011 at 4:06pm
I wonder how long I will stick with dark brown hair

Posted By: tigress85
Date Posted: Dec 18 2011 at 6:17pm
i'm thinking about going back to black hair but I'm debating which brand of rinse to use...

Date Posted: Dec 18 2011 at 6:39pm
I think I might go back to black once my hair/color grows out.  Just would need to find pieces that would match proper

Date Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 12:53am
I think I want to go back black but I don't want to deposit color on top of the blond. I may just cut it.

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 12:24am
Begining the long gradual process of fading this black hair dye out. Still debating on whether to bother dyeing it another color or not.

Date Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by RedSoxtober RedSoxtober wrote:

Begining the long gradual process of fading this black hair dye out. Still debating on whether to bother dyeing it another color or not.

I'm just going to take a break from hair dye/bleach and focus on getting my hair healthy again.  

Date Posted: Dec 24 2012 at 4:50am

I'm just going to take a break from hair dye/bleach and focus on getting my hair healthy again.  

Me too. But this line of demarcation though <<<<

Date Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 12:07am
Originally posted by BeauTfllyBrwn BeauTfllyBrwn wrote:

Me too. But this line of demarcation though <<<<
You could use a creme haircolor (they are a lot more gentle and conditiong than liquid) with 10 volume creme developer on the blonde section to match your natural haircolor. The color will fill in some of what was taken away when your hair was lifted.

Posted By: thebombdotkom
Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 12:16am
I want my hair to be purple...but I want it to just have a hint of purple. I don't want it to be BAM purple...just a purple "aura" if that makes sense LOL

I'm gonna dye my bundles when I get them.

-------------
Starting Length: Neck
Current Length: Longest layer @ WL
Short Term/2013 Goal: Full Waist Length
Ultimate Goal: Full Hip Length

Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 1:29am
Originally posted by thebombdotkom thebombdotkom wrote:

I want my hair to be purple...but I want it to just have a hint of purple. I don't want it to be BAM purple...just a purple "aura" if that makes sense LOL

"Aura" as in you can only see that it's purple in bright light and sunlight?

Posted By: Nadiesca
Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 4:03pm
is it ok to mix hair condioner to liquid peroxide to prevent it from getting dry while am dying the hair???

Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by Nadiesca Nadiesca wrote:

is it ok to mix hair condioner to liquid peroxide to prevent it from getting dry while am dying the hair???

No. it'll only dilute the developer and it will mess up the color results.  If you want to prevent the hair dye from drying out during application, make sure you're using enough to throughly saturate your hair and cover with a plastic cap. If you want to help prevent your hair from getting dried out from the coloring process, make sure you color your hair about 3 days after washing OR, apply some oil on your hair beforehand. I also recommend using a creme developer if your hair tends to dry out easily.

Posted By: thebombdotkom
Date Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 10:45pm

Pretty much. Kinda like this but I want you to be able to see this in the sunlight, not in lowlight.
This is quoted from another thread.

Originally posted by MsLiberty MsLiberty wrote:

-------------
Starting Length: Neck
Current Length: Longest layer @ WL
Short Term/2013 Goal: Full Waist Length
Ultimate Goal: Full Hip Length

Date Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 11:28pm

Pretty much. Kinda like this but I want you to be able to see this in the sunlight, not in lowlight.
This is quoted from another thread.

Originally posted by MsLiberty MsLiberty wrote:

Love this effect!!! Bold Purples, Blues and Reds on dark brown hair always look awesome in sunlight.

Posted By: Nadiesca
Date Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 6:30am

Originally posted by Nadiesca Nadiesca wrote:

No. it'll only dilute the developer and it will mess up the color results.  If you want to prevent the hair dye from drying out during application, make sure you're using enough to throughly saturate your hair and cover with a plastic cap. If you want to help prevent your hair from getting dried out from the coloring process, make sure you color your hair about 3 days after washing OR, apply some oil on your hair beforehand. I also recommend using a creme developer if your hair tends to dry out easily.

Thanks RedSoxtober

Date Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 10:31pm

Since I've been gradually fading out black hair dye for the past two months, I just noticed an auburn section of my hair. Currently resisting the urge to dye my hair again until it grows out a bit more.

Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 12:28am

Doing another treatment to help get this black hair dye to fade out as much as possible. I miss having blue hair....maybe I'll do that come spring.

-------------

Posted By: KikiScorpio92
Date Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 12:53pm
This red hair is right on time where i am in my everyday life. I can't wait to get the coverage down properly next time but now to jut concentrate on balance of my hair :)

-------------

Date Posted: Feb 24 2013 at 10:20pm

Would anyone be interested in a thread on removing and fading hair dye? Embarrassed

Date Posted: Feb 24 2013 at 10:54pm
Stepping up the hair dye fading regimen. Looks like mixing baking soda with a clarifying shampoo has taken out as much of the dye as it could....need something a bit stronger. Here's my options: 1; I could mix Vitamin C with my clarifying shampoo which worked okay when I tried it out a year ago.  or 2; I could go do a bleach bath/soap cap. It's a mixture of powder lightener, developer along with equal parts shampoo and water. I want to omit the usage of developer (granted it's only 10 volume but bleach baths work quickly)  just to see if it'll work the same way L'Oreal Effasol does....only more cost effective.

Edited to add: The young impatient me would've already been applying 7th stage with 2 activator packets tonight followed by step 1 of the ApogHee hardcore protein and then whatver conditioner I had on hand (maybe some Queen Helene) and then repeated the process again 24 hours from now. As quickly as that did work, it also fried my hair straight.....I'm lucky to even have hair after all the crazy hair dyeing stuff I've done in the past.LOL

Date Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 11:23am
I'm dying to touch up, I want my red back!!LOL

Date Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 11:24pm

Doing a light bleach bath using just lightening powder, water and shampoo lifted a bit more black dye than the baking soda did. I can now the the line of demarcation from the last time my hair was bleached about a year ago. Now comes the tricky part of lightening a year's worth of new growth and the ends evenly. This will be interesting...  

Date Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 12:15am

There's some good information about hair dye, lifting tins, dye ratios etc... if anyone's interested.

http://killerstrands.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow - http://killerstrands.blogspot.com/

Posted By: FABdotNET
Date Posted: Mar 04 2013 at 9:46pm
Do y'all think the whole Ombre thing is played out? I want to try it but I'm so tired of seeing the brown to blonde one that doesn't flow(if that makes sense) evenly.

Date Posted: Mar 05 2013 at 1:18am
Originally posted by FABdotNET FABdotNET wrote:

Do y'all think the whole Ombre thing is played out? I want to try it but I'm so tired of seeing the brown to blonde one that doesn't flow(if that makes sense) evenly.

I never follow trends ever but, this trend needs to just die already. It's hair, nails, clothing and makeup. Now they've come out with awful box dye kits. I keep seeing teenagers and twenty-somethings that tried to excute the technique and did a terrible job. 

Posted By: FABdotNET
Date Posted: Mar 05 2013 at 9:35pm
Yeah, those are the styles that I keep seeing that turned me off from getting it in the first place. I've only seen a few actually get it right. 

Date Posted: Mar 09 2013 at 11:17pm

It really bothers me when I overhear Sally's employees giving out bad hair coloring advice.Thumbs Down 

Date Posted: Mar 10 2013 at 6:58pm

Finally getting around to replacing my hair coloring tools. This tint bowl is awesome and it was only $1.29 (cheaper than the other standerd mixing bowl) at SALLY's. It's for measuring liquid (mL only), creme (the grid at the bottom) and it's round at the bottom for easier mixing and getting that last little bit of mixture out of the bowl. The row of teeth are for scraping out extra mixture to help keep product watse or overlapping to a minimum.

Date Posted: Mar 17 2013 at 3:32am
Well disappointed in this superdrug wash in wash out colour hair thing. It might just be because I washing my hair last night so it wasn't visible. I haven't checked, since I still have plenty of it I leave it on for longer next time.

Date Posted: Mar 17 2013 at 6:47pm

Just wound up with two FREE items beause of the special Ion is having this month. If you buy a 1lb tub of Ion Powder Lightener you get a FREE 32oz bottle of developer and because Ion is having a BUY 2 Get 1 FREE special, I got a tube of Ion Color Brillance Brights in Sky Blue (it was the last tube on the display) for FREE as well. I lucked out big time today!Smile

Date Posted: Mar 18 2013 at 1:50am
How NOT to lighten and color extensions.

1. The extensons should be unbundled separeated for each color application and layed out on plastic bags, not kitchen foil. The aluminum could cause a bad reaction with the lightener and color.

2. This person ISN'T wearing gloves.

3. Incorrect lightener, incorrect mixing and terrible application resulting in patchy results. 1-2 packets of powder lightener mixed with 2 parts 30vol developer and applied with a tint brush would've worked well. Combing lightener through the hair is a BIG NO-NO!

4. Coloring extensions next to lightening extensions is a bad idea; this could mess up the end results. Box dye.....blah. Once again these should be unbundled and on a separate sheet of plastic. Color should be mixed in a clean tint bowl and apllied with a clean tint brush for even results. Again with the rough combingConfused.

Date Posted: Mar 18 2013 at 6:26am
Since the superdrug colour effects was a epic fail for my hair I will defo try this adore red out. Wish I didn't have to use heat but oh well and must leave on longer than the allocated time.

Date Posted: Mar 18 2013 at 6:30am
Wow there so many videos online RedS that just scare me when it comes to dyeing or bleaching. Probably why I haven't dabbled in colour because of mediocre results or complete disasters.

Date Posted: Mar 20 2013 at 3:33am
Originally posted by KikiScorpio92 KikiScorpio92 wrote:

Wow there so many videos online RedS that just scare me when it comes to dyeing or bleaching. Probably why I haven't dabbled in colour because of mediocre results or complete disasters.
It's one of those things that I like about the internet; I can type in someting like "Indigo Blue hair" and find a bunch of photos, videos and detailed instructions of what that person did to their hair before and after. You kids are lucky....we didn't have all this information at our fingertips....it was really trial and error.DeadLOL

Date Posted: Mar 20 2013 at 4:25am
Here's wicked good video of a colorist doing the ombre/transitional look.The hair is parted in 1" sections and lightly teased  about 3-5" from the roots to blend the the line of demarcation. Powder lightener was applied using 40 vol developer at the ends then 30 at the midshaft then a sheet of plastic wrap covers each layer to keep from bleeding. Note how the colorist applies the lightener and color (Pravana Vivids)  by holding the tint brush vertically to further blend the transitions. Excellent technique here!ClapThumbs Up

Date Posted: Mar 20 2013 at 4:27am
Sat with some pink and purple in the back of my head pink came out amazing, the purple not so much :/
Research time.Geek

Date Posted: Mar 20 2013 at 10:43pm

Sat with some pink and purple in the back of my head pink came out amazing, the purple not so much :/
Research time.Geek

What color was your hair before using the purple and which purple did you use?

Date Posted: Mar 21 2013 at 5:00am

Research time.Geek

My hair at the back is my natural medium to light brown hair unfortunately I don't remember the brand at the top of my head It was my cousins but I know for sure it was semi permanent.

Date Posted: Mar 22 2013 at 1:00pm

Research time.Geek

My hair at the back is my natural medium to light brown hair unfortunately I don't remember the brand at the top of my head It was my cousins but I know for sure it was semi permanent.

Somtimes semi-permanent haircolor won't take to virgin hair unless it's highly porous.

Date Posted: Mar 22 2013 at 1:12pm

Letting VCO soak in may hair all day...hoping to actually get a chance to do a full on lightening tonight.

Date Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 9:36am
The orange roots and the red rinse ummm yeah thats looks funny. Definitely going darker in Summer if we have a one. Still snowing -_-

Date Posted: Mar 27 2013 at 11:17pm
It's only been a few days and I'm already bored with the outcome.....time to start fading this out. Also, Ion Color Briliance Lightening Powder only works well as a bleach shampoo for me. This would be a the third time in the past two years I've used it as a full on bleach and I wasn't satisfied with the consistancy or the results. Ah well...I have enough to last about 3-4 soap caps and then that's the end of that.

Date Posted: Apr 02 2013 at 4:43pm

Sitting here with round 2 of the Vitamin C treatment to fade the color out as much as possible. A lot of blue dye came out fromthe first round and my hair was a dirty dishwater type blonde/brown/green/grey shadeDead.  I mixed 1oz Vitamin C powder and 1oz clarifying shampoo then applied to damp hair. I have a baggy, a shower cap over that and then a towel over that to help keep everyting warm and to cath some of the streaks of color running down. Probabaly gonna leave it on for an hour again then DC.

ETA: I can't wait to correct this awful brown shade!!!! I hate having brown hair!!! 

Date Posted: Apr 15 2013 at 2:36am
I only notice when it's sunny that all women showing there colours. Where are they the other 99% of thee time. Feel alone in this lack colour environment. CryLOL

Date Posted: Apr 18 2013 at 3:58am
It's been a wicked sh*tty week so far.CryAngry  Trying to resist coloring my hair back to black.

Date Posted: Apr 27 2013 at 2:22am
Can't wait until I'm darker, I actually miss my natural hair colour or any colour that makes me look illuminous. ^_^

Posted By: morenaloca
Date Posted: May 04 2013 at 3:13am
Has anyone used a cellophane on their brown hair? I want my hair to look more shiny and vibrant but I am relaxed so my options are limited.

Posted By: SuperSweetSunsh
Date Posted: May 12 2013 at 9:31pm
I bleached 3 bundles of my hair with BW2 and Clairol 30 developer. I ran out of BW2, and had a few packets of 7th Stage lightener- I used it on my last bundle and OMG, the haor must love 7th stage because by the time I got to the end of applying bleach to the bundle- the hair was getting WAY lighter than normal.

I think I'm going with 7th stage the next time. The hair didn't get as blonde as I wanted. I hate to have to double drab, but that might be my only choice with my next batch of hair.

Date Posted: May 23 2013 at 9:34am
Well plans to go darker will have to wait until I have a load of new growth that will be enough for the majority.

Print Page | Close Window