Forum Name: Weaves / Extensions
Forum Description: Discussions on Weaves
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=300796
Printed Date: May 26 2018 at 5:59am

Topic: Weft Sealers
Posted By: OnYourMind
Subject: Weft Sealers
Date Posted: Feb 22 2011 at 5:24pm
Which sealers are the best in your opinion? Where do you buy them?

Replies:
Posted By: ms.blue
Date Posted: Feb 22 2011 at 5:27pm
The best to me is HE101 weft sealer. It can be bought at www.hairextensions101.com.

Posted By: mocharoni
Date Posted: Feb 22 2011 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by ms.blue ms.blue wrote:

The best to me is HE101 weft sealer. It can be bought at www.hairextensions101.com.

Posted By: OnYourMind
Date Posted: Feb 22 2011 at 5:29pm
thanks so much! would one bottle be enough to seal enough hair for a full weave?

Date Posted: Feb 22 2011 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by OnYourMind OnYourMind wrote:

thanks so much! would one bottle be enough to seal enough hair for a full weave?

I bought the large bottle and it is enough to seal 8 oz twice w/ some left over.

Posted By: UrbanLegend
Date Posted: Feb 22 2011 at 5:33pm
I actually like HE101 and Mane Depot's sealants. Reason being, that the viscosity of the sealant is nice and thick. It's easy to work with. It dries clear, and it works.  HE101 will let you order tinted sealant, but I suggest you use a few drops of hair dye to change the color of your sealant to match your weft.

The thing with sealants is that the safe ones (non-toxic, for use on fabrics, washable, etc.) are often resin-based, silicone based, or latex based. The problem with that is, as we wear our hair, the oils from our hair breaks down the seal over time.  I've had to re-seal wefts more than once.

When it comes to using sealants that arent marketed for sealing (nail polish, crazy glue, culk, hot glue gun, etc.) you still can run into the oil break down, but also, you can damage your wefts by over applying.

Date Posted: Feb 22 2011 at 5:35pm
8 oz, yes.  Anything over that I'd get a second bottle.  They are selling 1 oz bottles now. 

Don't seal by a fan or air conditioner/heater.  The sealant thickens pretty quickly if you do (blowing air on the brush), making it difficult to brush onto the weft.  Unless you use a syringe but I've never sealed that way.

The product is the consistency of fingernail polish but it soaks right into the weft.

Posted By: yaya24
Date Posted: Feb 22 2011 at 5:36pm
HE 101 Is the best.

Mane Depots is okay.. but it dries opaque

Posted By: oh-s0-priceless
Date Posted: Feb 22 2011 at 6:02pm
Do you have to wait for this sealant to cure too?

Date Posted: Feb 22 2011 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by oh-s0-priceless oh-s0-priceless wrote:

No, the hair can be installed as soon as the sealant is dry, which doesn't take long at all.

Posted By: Mizz_Sunshine_69
Date Posted: Feb 22 2011 at 6:38pm
I just ordered some HE101 weft sealant like 3 days ago. I was having trouble with the checkout because I was doing international shipping to th UK. I emailed Sherrie and she is the sweetest. Got back to me super fast and sent me a paypal invoice.

I've heard that this sealant is the best so I can't wait to get it. Aleene's Stop fraying takes too damn long to dry!

Posted By: teendancer88
Date Posted: Feb 22 2011 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by mocharoni mocharoni wrote:

Originally posted by oh-s0-priceless oh-s0-priceless wrote:

No, the hair can be installed as soon as the sealant is dry, which doesn't take long at all.
Just dont wash for about 5 days. Oh so I've been told.

Posted By: mocherry
Date Posted: Feb 22 2011 at 8:10pm
what a minute....So Dritz is no good? I bought a bottle last week along with Rit black powder dye and my hair should be here Thursday and I need to install this on Sunday. Not trying to jack the thread, but how long does it take for Dritz to dry?

Posted By: ifeyini
Date Posted: Feb 23 2011 at 7:14am
clear acrylic sealer and you can get it from walmart. Its by mod something but its in the craft section. You can seal within 10 sec bc its in a spray paint can. goes on clear and no shedding.

Date Posted: Feb 23 2011 at 7:16am
it takes less than 5 minutes for dritz to dry but the only issue is sometimes it can leave a white residue. get some clear acrylic sealer from walmart in the craft section. its in a spray paint can.
Originally posted by mocherry mocherry wrote:

what a minute....So Dritz is no good? I bought a bottle last week along with Rit black powder dye and my hair should be here Thursday and I need to install this on Sunday. Not trying to jack the thread, but how long does it take for Dritz to dry?

Date Posted: Feb 23 2011 at 7:26am
Originally posted by ifeyini ifeyini wrote:

it takes less than 5 minutes for dritz to dry but the only issue is sometimes it can leave a white residue. get some clear acrylic sealer from walmart in the craft section. its in a spray paint can.

I will go to Walmart today to look for the clear acrylic sealer....But I read somewhere on the board about adding the rit dye to dritz to eliminate the white residue..

Date Posted: Feb 23 2011 at 7:31am
@mocherry that is too much work. You can seal within 10 seconds with the clear acrylic sealer. You can also purchase it at any fabric store but walmart and target are closer to me. Smile

Date Posted: Feb 23 2011 at 7:48am

^^ok, I am trying to do the quickest method to ensure I can get this in my head by Sunday. I was just at Joanns last Sunday.

**off to Walmart on my lunch**

Date Posted: Feb 23 2011 at 7:51am
you wont be dissapointed. i just sealed my friends hair last week when i did her hair. she was skeptical and i was like i do it all the time. she said she hasnt experienced any shedding and her hair was shedding before i redid it. it will be  your best friend and its so fast to spray and go!

Posted By: Helz
Date Posted: Feb 23 2011 at 8:03am

I wanted to get some HE101 but it wouldnt give me shipping price to the UK so i assumed you couldn't ship over here.

How much did the shipping cost you?

Posted By: Helz
Date Posted: Feb 23 2011 at 8:04am
Originally posted by Mizz_Sunshine_69 Mizz_Sunshine_69 wrote:

I just ordered some HE101 weft sealant like 3 days ago. I was having trouble with the checkout because I was doing international shipping to th UK. I emailed Sherrie and she is the sweetest. Got back to me super fast and sent me a paypal invoice.

I've heard that this sealant is the best so I can't wait to get it. Aleene's Stop fraying takes too damn long to dry!
 sorry, the above question was for Mizz Sunshine

Date Posted: Feb 23 2011 at 8:04am

clear acrylic sealer and you can get it from walmart. Its by mod something but its in the craft section. You can seal within 10 sec bc its in a spray paint can. goes on clear and no shedding.
But how do you apply it from a spray can and not get the adhesive in the hair?

Date Posted: Feb 23 2011 at 8:07am
When I wore lace wigs I would use the acrylic spray in the can on my knots.

How does that work well on track hair?

Date Posted: Feb 23 2011 at 8:13am
Originally posted by UrbanLegend UrbanLegend wrote:

you spray it on the weft not the hair in a straight line. its not hard at all. I usally have someone hold the hair and i spray it or vice versa.

Date Posted: Feb 23 2011 at 8:15am
Not sure. I never sprayed it on a wig so i dont know how it held up my for my wefts ive had no issues.
Originally posted by yaya24 yaya24 wrote:

When I wore lace wigs I would use the acrylic spray in the can on my knots.

How does that work well on track hair?

Date Posted: Feb 23 2011 at 8:25am

Originally posted by UrbanLegend UrbanLegend wrote:

you spray it on the weft not the hair in a straight line. its not hard at all. I usally have someone hold the hair and i spray it or vice versa.
Interesting, so if I was to use something like a long sheet of foil as a guide over the hair, you think that would work?

Date Posted: Feb 23 2011 at 8:32am

^^^^ LOLLOLLOL you dont have to use foil at all. if you can get someone to hold the weftfor you horizontally you and spray it on the weft and it instantly dries. remember its not a paint its a clear acrylic sealer so if you get it on the hair by accident its fine. it wont damage or do anything to the hair.

Posted By: mzsophisticated
Date Posted: Feb 23 2011 at 11:57am

June Tailor Fray block works great and dries really quick. I paid like $3.00 from crafting section at walmart.

Date Posted: Feb 23 2011 at 12:00pm

^^^^ LOLLOLLOL you dont have to use foil at all. if you can get someone to hold the weftfor you horizontally you and spray it on the weft and it instantly dries. remember its not a paint its a clear acrylic sealer so if you get it on the hair by accident its fine. it wont damage or do anything to the hair.

Thanks! I'm going to use that to reseal my Wags NC

Posted By: MommaK
Date Posted: Feb 23 2011 at 12:19pm

This is good to know.
I bought this for my closure, but never thought to use it on my wefts.

Posted By: Mizz_Sunshine_69
Date Posted: Feb 23 2011 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by Helz Helz wrote:

I wanted to get some HE101 but it wouldnt give me shipping price to the UK so i assumed you couldn't ship over here.

How much did the shipping cost you?

Send an email via the "contact us" section on the site. Sherrie emailed me back so quickly even on a saturday! For regular post (which might take a couple of weeks) it's $6.50 and express is $15. I did express because I need to seal in a couple of weeks and didn't wanna take the chance with snailmail. It should be here soon.

Posted By: missyo67
Date Posted: Feb 23 2011 at 12:39pm

I love the HE101 sealant.  This is my 1st choice.  I have tried the Mane Depot sealant and I don't like it.  It wasn't as durable IMO as the HE101.  Also, the leftovers dried hard in the bottle.  I was unable to use it after a month.  Typically when I seal with HE101 I get at least 3 installs before resealing as a precautionary measure.

I recently resealed some hair using Dritz.  It dries clear and the nozzle helps with the application precision.  I would definitely use this as a less expensive alternative. 

Posted By: BlackstarBlue
Date Posted: Feb 23 2011 at 12:47pm
HE101 is the only one i have used

Posted By: Jaymarie
Date Posted: Feb 23 2011 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by Oyekade1 Oyekade1 wrote:

I ordered some weft hair from http://www.wholesalewigsonline.com/" rel="nofollow - http://www.wholesalewigsonline.com/   and they were 16inches heavy yaki and afro kinky curl 18" and 20" all in malaysian virgin hair. The hair so far is very beautiful and very soft. he was very fast, the faster CV I have ever had for a custom order. He notified me within 5 days to tell me my order has been completed. He gave me the tracking number and it was sent overnight to me.

Dead
Wink

Posted By: Tasha_Fierce
Date Posted: Feb 23 2011 at 12:50pm
Any one ever sealed with Fabri-Tac?? If so, how was it?

Posted By: Gods Child
Date Posted: Feb 23 2011 at 12:53pm
So far my favorite is HE101. However, I also love Aleene's Stop Fraying, which can be picked up at JoAnn's or any fabric store.

Sealing Wefts is a must and I absolutely LOVE both of the products that I mentioned above.

javascript:void%280%29;" rel="nofollow">large image view

Posted By: blackbar-b
Date Posted: Feb 23 2011 at 12:59pm
i have aleenes, he101 and ep's weft sealer . aleens is ok but it will break down from the oils but use very little so its not clumpy because it does get shiney. he101 will also look shiney but is a great sealant but you may only want to seal one side and ive yet to use ep's sealant. oh, ive also tried dritz which imo is the worst and it flakes offDead

Posted By: *Belle*Femme*
Date Posted: Feb 23 2011 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by Gods Child Gods Child wrote:

So far my favorite is HE101. However, I also love Aleene's Stop Fraying, which can be picked up at JoAnn's or any fabric store.

Sealing Wefts is a must and I absolutely LOVE both of the products that I mentioned above.

javascript:void%280%29;" rel="nofollow">large image view
This is what I use and will not turn back. I put a pretty thick amount on my weft so it took like 2-3 days for it to cure/dry. But I am very satisfied with it. I use to use Krazy glue but it made the weft hard. And now that I am not cutting my weft and just bending it when I sew it I need something that is strong but malleable. This wins hands down

Posted By: QueenBee
Date Posted: Feb 23 2011 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Tasha_Fierce Tasha_Fierce wrote:

Leave it alone.  It leaves a white/hard clear residue.  When it dries it dries like the glue from a hot glue gun.   

Posted By: DaBaddest
Date Posted: Feb 23 2011 at 1:45pm

thanks i'm going to try that!!

Date Posted: Feb 23 2011 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by QueenBee QueenBee wrote:

Leave it alone.  It leaves a white/hard clear residue.  When it dries it dries like the glue from a hot glue gun.   

Oh thanks cuz i was just about to buy some of that today

Posted By: Ivy_Grad
Date Posted: Feb 23 2011 at 3:03pm
Ok so far I've only used  HE101 sealant on my wefts, but both times I used it, I was sealing "quality" hair with pretty decent weft construction, so the lack of shedding could be due mostly to the fact that the wefts were fairly sturdy.  So now my real question is would any of you use HE101 sealant to seal BSS hair? LOL  Just curious!

Posted By: Merin
Date Posted: Feb 23 2011 at 3:07pm
I have been using Alenes however it turns an odd color when wet so I can't use it anymore. Does your HE101 stay clear? How about that stuff you guys are buying from Walmart?

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Feb 23 2011 at 3:37pm
I used He101 sealant on my Wags and I have installed that hair 4 times......the best sealer yet and its pliable comes in different shades and cures instantly..............

Posted By: sweeti1980
Date Posted: Feb 23 2011 at 4:10pm
If using krazy glue to seal, if you plan on sewing around the wefts, does it really matter if the wefts are hard?

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Feb 23 2011 at 4:27pm

\

Thank you for this post because you have given me an idea of something to try. I use the Mod Podge puzzle sealer on my jigsaw puzzles after I complete them.  I have oodles of bottles of that stuff. It never occurred to me that it could be used to seal wefts, but now that you mention the Mod acrylic sealer, it reminded me that the Mod sealer I use on my puzzles dries clear, and definitely seals puzzles together nicely so it might work on wefts. . I am going to try using some to seal a weft. The stuff I have is in a bottle with an applicator brush.

Date Posted: Feb 23 2011 at 4:32pm
Are you supposed to seal both sides of the wefts?

Date Posted: Feb 23 2011 at 4:53pm

Are you supposed to seal both sides of the wefts?

You can, I've done both or one side depending on how the weft is constructed, whether it looks sturdy, and is/isn't shedding before sealing.

Posted By: QueenBee
Date Posted: Feb 23 2011 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by Ivy_Grad Ivy_Grad wrote:

Ok so far I've only used  HE101 sealant on my wefts, but both times I used it, I was sealing "quality" hair with pretty decent weft construction, so the lack of shedding could be due mostly to the fact that the wefts were fairly sturdy.  So now my real question is would any of you use HE101 sealant to seal BSS hair? LOL  Just curious!

Heck no.   Go old school (clear nail polish or super glue).  HE101 on BSS hair.  LOL

Date Posted: Feb 23 2011 at 5:43pm
So I went to Walmart and got the Mod Podge Clear Acrylic Sealant. It was 5.97.

So I will see how it works.....

Posted By: ekg4ever
Date Posted: Feb 23 2011 at 9:09pm
This might sound weird or unconventional but I use nail glue. Its cheap and it works. Just beware of the fumes they can be strong! Also don't glue on the part that you put the needle through glue the portion right underneath the actual weft. If you put the glue right on the weft it will be too hard to push the needle through. 

Posted By: glow-music-sass
Date Posted: Feb 23 2011 at 9:41pm
Mmmmm sealant

Date Posted: Feb 23 2011 at 11:58pm
yay!!! I have a can too!! I just sealed my friends hair that I did this past week. She was so skeptical about it and said no. I was like whatever and told her to hold the hair and i sprayed the weft. she thought i was going to spray the hair.

Date Posted: Feb 24 2011 at 5:51am

I bought this to seal my closure and my closure shedded badly.

Date Posted: Feb 24 2011 at 2:08pm
^^Shocked, who was the closure from?

Date Posted: Feb 24 2011 at 2:52pm

I can bet HC

Date Posted: Feb 24 2011 at 4:06pm
Is HE101's owner a member here?

Posted By: missyo67
Date Posted: Feb 24 2011 at 6:09pm

She used to be back in the day(Sherry).  Hairextensions.com has a forum so I don't think she's active here. 

Date Posted: Feb 24 2011 at 6:14pm
Thanks Missyo.

Posted By: GOBLUE
Date Posted: Feb 25 2011 at 4:24pm

^^^Mocherry how did it this turn out?

Posted By: brittsbee
Date Posted: Feb 25 2011 at 4:43pm
I usually use fray check but it had left some white residue on my wefts

I just purchased HE101 for my cutescorpio hair that will be here soon

Posted By: Gods Child
Date Posted: Feb 25 2011 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by brittsbee brittsbee wrote:

I usually use fray check but it had left some white residue on my wefts

I just purchased HE101 for my cutescorpio hair that will be here soon
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Funny, I just did the same EXACT thing for the same EXACT purpose! LOL

Date Posted: Feb 25 2011 at 5:06pm

I thought that the sealer would stop the knots from coming out after I bleached them but it didn't. It was my first closure so I could have over bleached the knots.

Date Posted: Feb 26 2011 at 2:45pm

I think she is a white woman. Not sure

Date Posted: Feb 26 2011 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by GOBLUE GOBLUE wrote:

This is similar to the sealer I have used for my lace wigs.

As for sealing track hair.. what happens after you wash while it is installed?

Posted By: peace86
Date Posted: Mar 04 2011 at 2:37pm
Bump

Posted By: PerfectBlending
Date Posted: Mar 04 2011 at 4:42pm
so basically for MOD's it is a two person job? mannnn. I hate sealing. it is a task!

Posted By: KeyBoo
Date Posted: Mar 04 2011 at 6:21pm

The 1st time I sealed, I used Aleene's Stop Fray on both sides of the weft and it dried completely clear. My hair stylist complained though saying that it was too hard for her to work the needle through the weft and that she was probably going to have to sew around the weft. I think I might have applied it too thick, since I was just applying using the bottle applicator. And I did not like that when wet the wefts turned a whitish-blue color, but later dried clear.

On my new install, I sealed with Aleene's OK To Wash-It,  I thought it would work better and stay clear when wet, since it was made to be able to go in the water and be washed. I also mixed some black Rit Dye liquid in it to, it turned the adhesive a dark blue color, but it dried completely black. I liked that the liquid Rit Dye thinned out the adhesive a little bit, so it was able to seep into the wefts better and I took off the cotton ends of Q-tips and just used the plastic stick to work in the adhesive into the wefts. This worked wonders!! I only sealed on the side that would be towards my head this time too. So far, I have had my install in for 5 days and have experienced No Shedding at all! I am very happy with my results. I purchased everything at Michael's Arts and Crafts. The Rit Dye and Aleene's OK To Wash-It came out to be under $7. The last test will be what color the wefts turn when I wash.

Posted By: Princess_S
Date Posted: Mar 04 2011 at 7:03pm

Originally posted by GOBLUE GOBLUE wrote:

This is similar to the sealer I have used for my lace wigs.

As for sealing track hair.. what happens after you wash while it is installed?

im gonna try this. i didnt care for Aleenes. The hair sterted shedding toward the end of the install. It definetely breaks downs after few weeks.

Posted By: KeyBoo
Date Posted: Mar 04 2011 at 7:30pm
I definitely want to try the spray, seems a litte quicker and not very messy

Date Posted: Mar 04 2011 at 7:35pm
The sealer worked great....Only thing is the vapors.....They are SOOOO intense. I didnt comb the hair for 2 days, but when I did it shedding a little, but from the 12", but I am thinking because its where I cut a piece to go around my leavout....

Other than that I havent had any shedding.

Posted By: Princess_S
Date Posted: Mar 04 2011 at 8:32pm

The sealer worked great....Only thing is the vapors.....They are SOOOO intense. I didnt comb the hair for 2 days, but when I did it shedding a little, but from the 12", but I am thinking because its where I cut a piece to go around my leavout....

Other than that I havent had any shedding.
i saw it on youtube before and i didnt try it because i dont have a balcony and i wouldnt wanna do it in the house so i may have to go to my aunt house and use her backyard.

Posted By: PerfectBlending
Date Posted: Mar 04 2011 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

\

Thank you for this post because you have given me an idea of something to try. I use the Mod Podge puzzle sealer on my jigsaw puzzles after I complete them.  I have oodles of bottles of that stuff. It never occurred to me that it could be used to seal wefts, but now that you mention the Mod acrylic sealer, it reminded me that the Mod sealer I use on my puzzles dries clear, and definitely seals puzzles together nicely so it might work on wefts. . I am going to try using some to seal a weft. The stuff I have is in a bottle with an applicator brush.

good idea. please let us know how it turns out!

Posted By: Yazmin
Date Posted: Mar 05 2011 at 12:02am

I'm glad I saw this.  I was planning to buy sealer from my local BSS tomorrow, but bought this instead. Thanks!

Date Posted: Mar 05 2011 at 12:09am

I think she is a white woman. Not sure

Okey dokey. 

Date Posted: Mar 07 2011 at 9:41am
Question: When dry does the HE101 sealer keep the weft flexible?

Date Posted: Mar 07 2011 at 9:47am
Originally posted by *Belle*Femme* *Belle*Femme* wrote:

Yea

Date Posted: Mar 07 2011 at 12:02pm
i dont have much shedding from my sealant either. i love my clear acrylic sealer. no issues. the only issue i have with my hair is when i dont comb it and go to sleep without a bonnet but shedding isnt a problem. you should try it. much easier and dries instantly

Date Posted: Mar 07 2011 at 12:06pm

Yea
Is it flexible like when you apply alene's stop fraying sealant. I have the alene's and as stated earlier i think the oil in my hair is breaking the sealant down. But I dont cut the wefts when im doing the sewn in so I need for my weft to be flexible.

Date Posted: Mar 07 2011 at 12:15pm

Yea
Is it flexible like when you apply alene's stop fraying sealant. I have the alene's and as stated earlier i think the oil in my hair is breaking the sealant down. But I dont cut the wefts when im doing the sewn in so I need for my weft to be flexible.

It will flexible enough to fold over the wefts. Even though I don't self install, I keep the hair bundle tight and I never had a problem w/ folding the hair to make the bundle.

Posted By: cajuncutie2008
Date Posted: Mar 07 2011 at 4:44pm
I TRYED THIS ON MY WEFTS AND I HAD MINIMAL SHEDDING, IT DRIES REAL QUICK AND CLEAR. I GOT IT FROM WALMART FOR $3.00 IN THE CRAFT DEPARTMENT. HOPE THIS HELPS

Date Posted: Mar 07 2011 at 4:46pm

Date Posted: Mar 07 2011 at 4:53pm
http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/liquid-stitch-tube-107607/" rel="nofollow - http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/liquid-stitch-tube-107607/

Posted By: shea_914
Date Posted: Mar 07 2011 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by cajuncutie2008 cajuncutie2008 wrote:

http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/liquid-stitch-tube-107607/" rel="nofollow - http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/liquid-stitch-tube-107607/

I plan on using this and the acrylic spray that was mentioned for my next install! Aleene's, HE 101, etc have never worked well for me. Fingers crossed!

Posted By: thegreat1
Date Posted: Mar 08 2011 at 12:25am
Thanks for starting this topic, I was desperate to find a solution to shedding wefts.

Posted By: regardless
Date Posted: May 08 2011 at 3:32am
Originally posted by shea_914 shea_914 wrote:

Originally posted by cajuncutie2008 cajuncutie2008 wrote:

http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/liquid-stitch-tube-107607/ - http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/liquid-stitch-tube-107607/

I plan on using this and the acrylic spray that was mentioned for my next install! Aleene's, HE 101, etc have never worked well for me. Fingers crossed!
so did you use this liquid stitch tube? did it work? pls give details

Posted By: **YaKiGurL**
Date Posted: May 10 2011 at 4:55pm
I'm bout to buy my first Bdogg 18" curly- am I gonna haveta reseal his stuff or does his hair usually not shed?

-------------

Posted By: so_GLAM
Date Posted: May 10 2011 at 5:01pm

BUMP

Posted By: DonBellaDiva
Date Posted: May 10 2011 at 7:33pm
His hair isnt as bad as others, pretty minimal in comparison but I always recommend sealing. Walmart carries a lot of this stuff in store as well.

-------------
http://glowtxt.com/" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: **YaKiGurL**
Date Posted: May 12 2011 at 11:53am
Thanks Gurl!

-------------

Posted By: Nigerian_princess
Date Posted: May 20 2011 at 1:42pm
i have the patricianimocks sealer but i bought it in gloss instead of matte. do you think that makes a difference?

-------------
follow me on Instagram @ Ijeomamama
watch me @ www.youtube.com/pajamagirl123

Posted By: Anuli
Date Posted: May 20 2011 at 3:21pm
How do you use the spray on the wefts? Doesn't it get on the hair?

-------------

Posted By: dee1672
Date Posted: May 20 2011 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by Anuli Anuli wrote:

I place my wefts on something disposable (towel, bag, mat, etc.) and spray VERY lightly on the edge of the wefts.

Posted By: Anuli
Date Posted: May 20 2011 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by dee1672 dee1672 wrote:

Originally posted by Anuli Anuli wrote:

I place my wefts on something disposable (towel, bag, mat, etc.) and spray VERY lightly on the edge of the wefts.

Oh like put a towel to cover the hair, but leave the wefts out.. then spray?

-------------

Posted By: DIVA007
Date Posted: May 28 2011 at 5:00pm
I've used acrylic sealer on my lace wigs, frontals and closures but never thought to try it on my wefts. I've used HE101, Dritz and Aleene's, and though I love HE101 sometimes shipping is a turn off. I like Dritz and Aleenes and personally don't have a problem using either one, I noticed SS has one, I may try that out.

Posted By: glamrock
Date Posted: May 28 2011 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by Nigerian_princess Nigerian_princess wrote:

i have the patricianimocks sealer but i bought it in gloss instead of matte. do you think that makes a difference?

Did you see the warning on the back of that can that explains that it is toxic/hazardous to health?

Posted By: Nigerian_princess
Date Posted: May 29 2011 at 1:32am
Originally posted by glamrock glamrock wrote:

Originally posted by Nigerian_princess Nigerian_princess wrote:

i have the patricia nimocks sealer but i bought it in gloss instead of matte. do you think that makes a difference?

Did you see the warning on the back of that can that explains that it is toxic/hazardous to health?

I didn't but I'm not surprised. Kids where I live try and get high off this stuff so the lady at AC Moore asked to see my ID and unlock it for me Shocked but i wore a painter's mask when i used it, and I used it outside. So far I have barely any shed hairs so thank you for the tip ifeyini!! This saved me a bunch of time and money!

-------------
follow me on Instagram @ Ijeomamama
watch me @ www.youtube.com/pajamagirl123

Posted By: MsDLO
Date Posted: May 29 2011 at 2:04pm
I use acrylic sealer all the time on my wefts and it DOES WORK, never had issues with shedding, just spray in a well ventilated room...

Posted By: Bribby
Date Posted: Oct 12 2011 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by PerfectBlending PerfectBlending wrote:

Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

\

good idea. please let us know how it turns out!

I reallyyy wanted to get the Mod Pdge Cleary acrylic spray & I was until I got up to the counter & was told I needed to be 18 so my mom came back with me & we started to read the can & it said it's known to cause birth defects in california, Idk what that meant, but it scared me because I am pregnant so I couldn't get it :( SO I was going to get the alenes craft something pen but I got the mod podge puzzle saver stuff. I really hope this works. but since it is waterbased do you think that means it will wash out? it says waterbase sealer, glue & finish. I hope this works . Have you tried it yet? i'm doing it right now

Posted By: Falisse
Date Posted: Oct 17 2011 at 5:47pm
Instead of sealing has anyone sent hair to Sam to reinforce wefts? If so what's been your experience and can you pretty please send me Sam's info?

Thanks divas!

Print Page | Close Window