Print Page | Close Window

Would you tell your brother?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=300643
Printed Date: Apr 21 2018 at 12:30pm


Topic: Would you tell your brother?
Posted By: EPITOME
Subject: Would you tell your brother?
Date Posted: Feb 21 2011 at 4:02pm
my cousin is in France.  He knocked some girl up and is getting married.

He hasn't told his father in HaitiOuch

my mom knows bc his uncle told my mom

my mom's friends told her to stop being so damn american and tell her brother.  my mom was like "No he [my nephew] didn't tell me."

i first told her i wouldn't tell bc he didn't tell her.  but then my mom was like if it was your sister would you tell her, and it was about her kids.  and i was like yes.Ouch

he's getting married this week.


what say you BHM?



Replies:
Posted By: browneyez4548
Date Posted: Feb 21 2011 at 4:06pm
Tough one.

Since this is something that he will eventually find out about:

I think you should tell, because he will eventually find out...and once he finds out that you all knew about it...he'll prob be pissed as hell...and you know Haitians know how to hold a grudge..or atleast my folks doLOL


Posted By: MsFabCee
Date Posted: Feb 21 2011 at 4:07pm
She should tell her brother.
I don't see why she should withhold such important information from her own family member.


Posted By: BeatriceBean
Date Posted: Feb 21 2011 at 4:07pm
I'd tell him

Maybe it's because I run my mouth too much, or maybe I'd feel that he should know. But I know for sure that I'd tell him.

Why doesn't he want to tell his father, when everyone else knows? Your cousin may as well just tel him. I'm surprised his dad doesn't know already.


Posted By: Wildfire
Date Posted: Feb 21 2011 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by BeatriceBean BeatriceBean wrote:

I'd tell him


Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Feb 21 2011 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by BeatriceBean BeatriceBean wrote:

I'd tell him

Maybe it's because I run my mouth too much, or maybe I'd feel that he should know. But I know for sure that I'd tell him.

Why doesn't he want to tell his father, when everyone else knows? Your cousin may as well just tel him. I'm surprised his dad doesn't know already.


well he only told his uncle and his sister. my uncle has a reputation of being a hard ass.

for years he disapproved of my cousins boyfriend and said he woudnt go to her wedding. whyy? one time he saw my cousin carrying heavy luggage and her boyfriend walking besides her empty handed. that and i guess he's poor. idk

but he's mellowed out. my mom and dad talk to him a lot about being more accepting and now he's going to her wedding and stuff and is supportive.

he's a tough one but he's such a softie underneath

his son is still scared of him even as an adult i guess


Posted By: Flowing-Ice
Date Posted: Feb 21 2011 at 4:13pm
yeah, I would tell him. why doesn't he want to tell his dad?


Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Feb 21 2011 at 4:22pm
its not anyone's place but the son to tell.

he has his reasons and people should just leave it be

unless he is hitting family up for money. if he isnt, its really not anyone's business


Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Feb 21 2011 at 4:22pm
I probably wouldn't tell. I've been in this position a number of times with secret marriage, pregnancy, divorce, etc.  My nephew had the hardest time telling our mom that he was divorcing. It was a long time after before he finally told her. And many babies have been born without her knowing until they were walking or later. lol.


Posted By: IslandSuga
Date Posted: Feb 21 2011 at 4:24pm
Let your cousin tell his dad. 


Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Feb 21 2011 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

its not anyone's place but the son to tell.

he has his reasons and people should just leave it be

unless he is hitting family up for money. if he isnt, its really not anyone's business


uhm..he is. his dad sent him some money like 2 weeks ago. american dollars to euros....that exchange rate is tough. he told his dad he was hungryOuch

his uncle sent him like $400 a few weeks ago too


Posted By: NotUrAvg
Date Posted: Feb 21 2011 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

its not anyone's place but the son to tell.

he has his reasons and people should just leave it be

unless he is hitting family up for money. if he isnt, its really not anyone's business
 
Basically.  He's grown. Allow him to tell his father in his own time and the way he wants to.


Posted By: Flowing-Ice
Date Posted: Feb 21 2011 at 4:29pm
He's still being semi-supported by his parents, and he thinks he is ready for a family and marriage? really? Ermm


Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Feb 21 2011 at 4:29pm

this is a toughy...

all i know for sure is the the uncle probably shouldn't have told your mom...



Posted By: misatisha
Date Posted: Feb 21 2011 at 4:29pm
mind your business


Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Feb 21 2011 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:


uhm..he is. his dad sent him some money like 2 weeks ago. american dollars to euros....that exchange rate is tough. he told his dad he was hungryOuch

his uncle sent him like $400 a few weeks ago too
 
wow...ummmmmm....well...


Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Feb 21 2011 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Flowing-Ice Flowing-Ice wrote:

He's still being semi-supported by his parents, and he thinks he is ready for a family and marriage? really? Ermm


i dont think he thinks he's ready...but he has no choice. i think he just finished his masters or phd or something like that


Posted By: Flowing-Ice
Date Posted: Feb 21 2011 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by Flowing-Ice Flowing-Ice wrote:

He's still being semi-supported by his parents, and he thinks he is ready for a family and marriage? really? Ermm


i dont think he thinks he's ready...but he has no choice. i think he just finished his masters or phd or something like that

wow.. I don't know but I think if anything telling his father wouldn't harm the situation. Do you think the father will stop giving money?


Posted By: NotUrAvg
Date Posted: Feb 21 2011 at 4:34pm

Even with the money issue--- his father and uncle gave him the money without knowing.  That doens't entitle them to know ALL his business.



Posted By: Spokenword
Date Posted: Feb 21 2011 at 4:34pm

Let the son tell his father himself.

this is not a life or death situation, i think that if anything, someone should talk to him and see why he dosen't want to tell his father  - this is what i would do.
 
 


Posted By: NotUrAvg
Date Posted: Feb 21 2011 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by Flowing-Ice Flowing-Ice wrote:

He's still being semi-supported by his parents, and he thinks he is ready for a family and marriage? really? Ermm
 
I agree with Ermm


Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Feb 21 2011 at 4:37pm
she should tell.  he probably wants someone to do it anyway.

and that is no way to introduce a woman to his family.


Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Feb 21 2011 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by NotUrAvg NotUrAvg wrote:

Even with the money issue--- his father and uncle gave him the money without knowing.  That doens't entitle them to know ALL his business.



no his uncle knows.  the money is for the wedding.

that uncle told my mom.

my moms is calling him and she said she's gonna tell him to tell his dad or she will.


Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Feb 21 2011 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by Spokenword Spokenword wrote:

Let the son tell his father himself.

this is not a life or death situation, i think that if anything, someone should talk to him and see why he dosen't want to tell his father  - this is what i would do.
 
 


we know why. his dad is a hard assLOL but he's mellowed out with age, and help from my parents.

my mom called him awhile ago and told him not to be afraid of his dad.  she like dropping hints the way the US drops bombs




Posted By: BeatriceBean
Date Posted: Feb 21 2011 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by BeatriceBean BeatriceBean wrote:

I'd tell him

Maybe it's because I run my mouth too much, or maybe I'd feel that he should know. But I know for sure that I'd tell him.

Why doesn't he want to tell his father, when everyone else knows? Your cousin may as well just tel him. I'm surprised his dad doesn't know already.


well he only told his uncle and his sister. my uncle has a reputation of being a hard ass.

for years he disapproved of my cousins boyfriend and said he woudnt go to her wedding. whyy? one time he saw my cousin carrying heavy luggage and her boyfriend walking besides her empty handed. that and i guess he's poor. idk

but he's mellowed out. my mom and dad talk to him a lot about being more accepting and now he's going to her wedding and stuff and is supportive.

he's a tough one but he's such a softie underneath

his son is still scared of him even as an adult i guess


That's a shame. He definitely put his uncle in a predicament by telling him, unless he actually wanted him to tell his dad.

Depending on how he thinks his brother will react, I would try to convince my nephew to tell his father himself.


Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Feb 21 2011 at 5:53pm
what does the brother have to do with this story ? 


Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Feb 21 2011 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

what does the brother have to do with this story ? 


hmm?

it's my moms brother..my uncle.

this is about his son


Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Feb 21 2011 at 5:55pm
lmao @ stop being american, minding your got damn business is unhaitianlike  ? 


Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Feb 21 2011 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

lmao @ stop being american, minding your got damn business is unhaitianlike  ? 


apparently yesLOL

his uncle was like "im not telling. his mom is hyper emotional and im not sending her to the hospital"


Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Feb 21 2011 at 6:02pm
hmm.. 
I would want to automatically tell my brother something important like that.. but it would depend on my relationship with my nephew. If we werent close, id prolly tell.. if we were even remotely close, i wouldnt. 
Id feel like its none of my business though and i wouldnt want my nephew to hate me.. especially when there are other people that know that could tell him instead of me. 

I kinda think she shouldnt tell... cus its like.. what is his dad gonna do? stop him from getting married? i feel like his son is grown and can make his own choices/mistakes.  


Posted By: goodm3
Date Posted: Feb 21 2011 at 6:03pm
OP - if ANYBODY tells his mom....what will that change? 
 
if the girl is keeping the baby, within 9mos there will be a baby here whether the family likes it or not. If this couple REALLY wants to get married for the right reasons, they will still be together if a wedding happens this week or not.


Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Feb 21 2011 at 6:06pm
brother? mine? wouldnt care


Posted By: pattigurlatl
Date Posted: Feb 21 2011 at 6:08pm
Nope.

I don't know why Haitians like to be in everybody's business.

It gets on my last nerves.


Posted By: Tigerlilygurl
Date Posted: Feb 21 2011 at 6:12pm
All I can say is: damn. That sounds like something out of a soap opera. I just hope everything turns out well with everyone invloved.


Posted By: goodm3
Date Posted: Feb 21 2011 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by Tigerlilygurl Tigerlilygurl wrote:

All I can say is: damn. That sounds like something out of a soap opera. I just hope everything turns out well with everyone invloved.
 
it is good family drama. but stuff like this is only good when it announced at family gatherings like Thanksgiving or Grandpa's birthday dinner. LOL


Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Feb 21 2011 at 6:17pm
my mom called--his girlfriend answered and he wouldnt come to the phone

his uncle called and spoke to him and was like i told your aunt.

he apparently was like "yeah i am going to call my parents." he apparently has called and tried to tell them and couldn't.

so he's going to tell them he's getting married but not that the girl is pregnant. lawd.

im all about getting awkward convos out in one swoop. i told my parents i was moving out, had a bf, and wasnt going to church in 1, max 2 awkward convos, spaced very closely together.


Posted By: Baggettcindy
Date Posted: Feb 21 2011 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by IslandSuga IslandSuga wrote:

Let your cousin tell his dad. 
I agree with this....


Posted By: glamrock
Date Posted: Feb 21 2011 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

my cousin is in France.  He knocked some girl up and is getting married.

He hasn't told his father in HaitiOuch

my mom knows bc his uncle told my mom

my mom's friends told her to stop being so damn american and tell her brother.  my mom was like "No he [my nephew] didn't tell me."

i first told her i wouldn't tell bc he didn't tell her.  but then my mom was like if it was your sister would you tell her, and it was about her kids.  and i was like yes.Ouch

he's getting married this week.


what say you BHM?
I do not like holding secrets from my loved ones, so I would call his uncle that told me (bolded above)^^^ and I would guilt trip him into telling the guy's parents. How is his uncle going around telling folk about the baby and marriage anyway? If the boy told him, he should have either kept his mouth shut or reported it directly to the guy's parents. All this telling other folk is rather messed up IMO.


Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Feb 21 2011 at 7:12pm
I'd tell


Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Feb 21 2011 at 7:26pm
omg he told his mom and she's like "Oh my God! She's pregnant?! You need to start working?! The hell?!!!"

and then he asks to speak to his dad

lord.....and his dad goes "i dont have that boys time." lmao

and now the girls family wants to throw a wedding in Trinidad


Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Feb 21 2011 at 7:35pm
lmao they still getting married ? 


Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Feb 21 2011 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

lmao they still getting married ? 


yeah. they already had a french civil ceremony. lmao. this sucks for his sister bc she's getting married in May.

and he's apparently getting married in May too.




Posted By: solo
Date Posted: Feb 21 2011 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

its not anyone's place but the son to tell.

he has his reasons and people should just leave it be

Exactly. He's a grown man. It's not anyone's business but his.


Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Feb 21 2011 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by glamrock glamrock wrote:

How is his uncle going around telling folk about the baby and marriage anyway? If the boy told him, he should have either kept his mouth shut or reported it directly to the guy's parents. All this telling other folk is rather messed up IMO.
 
this was my thought as well...


Posted By: Flowing-Ice
Date Posted: Feb 21 2011 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

lmao they still getting married ? 


yeah. they already had a french civil ceremony. lmao. this sucks for his sister bc she's getting married in May.

and he's apparently getting married in May too.



whattt? he's hijacking her wedding month? smh, if I were the daughter I would say eff that shotgun wedding. Angry. thats just me and my selfishness though. 


Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Feb 21 2011 at 8:11pm
Lol @ the dad...I feel him though


Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 2:55pm
did they get married and are they still together ?


Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 3:02pm
now bunz, you know it's against the rules to bump threads older than 1 month

lol


Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 3:04pm


it is ? when they made this rule ?  i wanted an update


Posted By: Diane (35)
Date Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 3:07pm
Long time bunz long time. Bumping old threads is against the rules. Sometimes i wanna do it but if i get banned what would i do?


Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 3:16pm
lol


Posted By: JasmineE02
Date Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 3:30pm
I'm mad I read this whole thread thinking it was new. LOL


Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 3:38pm
i said this? i guess im messy

i dont believe this anymore lol...


Originally posted by femmefatale85 femmefatale85 wrote:

I'd tell


Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

now bunz, you know it's against the rules to bump threads older than 1 month

lol


it is a rule but I'm just playing with you since it sounds a bit silly when you say it out loud LOL   1 month?

but you're supposed to start a new thread and reference/link the old one.LOL


Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by femmefatale85 femmefatale85 wrote:

i said this? i guess im messy

i dont believe this anymore lol...


Originally posted by femmefatale85 femmefatale85 wrote:

I'd tell


Heart


Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 3:48pm
uh oh, bunz in troublllll.....LOL

<< Do not dig up old threads. If you want to continue an old discussion (older than 1 month), create a new thread and reference the old one in your post.>>


Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 3:52pm
aint nobody got time for that


Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 3:54pm
LOL


Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 3:56pm
2011... i'm done with y'allStern Smile


Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 3:58pm
B,
I'm  here for the 3 years later update tho. So thanks for the bump lol


Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

2011... i'm done with y'allStern Smile


LOL I would be curious about how he ran across this old thread but..


Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

2011... i'm done with y'allStern Smile


LOL I would be curious about how he ran across this old thread but..


i was looking for this

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/am-i-over-reacting-my-family-aint-shiet_topic273156.html" rel="nofollow - http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/am-i-over-reacting-my-family-aint-shiet_topic273156.html

and i ran across this thread trying to find it.


Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 6:32pm
smh, the mods letting the ban hammer collect dust anyways, bump it up yall Beer



Print Page | Close Window