Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Children's Hair
Forum Name: Children's Health
Forum Description: Health Care or Discussions on Childrens Health
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=298546
Printed Date: Jul 19 2018 at 5:11am

Topic: ECZEMA DILEMMA HELPPPPP!!!!!!!!
Posted By: cajuncutie2008
Subject: ECZEMA DILEMMA HELPPPPP!!!!!!!!
Date Posted: Feb 03 2011 at 5:05pm

HAVE ANYONE EVER HEARD OF TREATING ECZEMA WITH (ACV).

Replies:
Posted By: xxCocoxx
Date Posted: Feb 03 2011 at 6:59pm
Umm... I need to find this out too my little niece has it BAD!! Nothing works and all the doc's prescribe are steroid creams. It might help though i know its good for hair! 

Posted By: BeautifulNightmare
Date Posted: Feb 07 2011 at 9:40pm
My daughter (18months old) has had eczema since she was born. Her doctor would just prescribe a cream with steriods that could only be used on her 3days at a time and for the days she was off the cream she would break out terribly. I finally went to Walgreens and got Cortizone 10 Eczema Intensive Healing Lotion (its in a red box). I used it three times a day for 2 days and she was completly clear. Now I put it on her once a week and her skin stays soft and eczema free. Try it for your child, you should see results the first day.

Posted By: Cali naps
Date Posted: Feb 07 2011 at 11:34pm

Hemp body butter from the body shope works miracles for my eczema but if you dont want to use that aquaphor works as well....just not as good LOL

Posted By: Honey sweet
Date Posted: Feb 24 2011 at 7:04am
 Citronella (lemon grass tea), drink 3 times a day and Organic coconut oil, 3 teaspoon a day to be taken oral. Get Epizone or Epimax cream. 

Posted By: ImThatDiva
Date Posted: Feb 25 2011 at 3:24pm
yes...i used to take baths with acv...it helps calm the itching...doesn't cure it...

Posted By: leelee82
Date Posted: Mar 12 2011 at 2:51pm
I had/have eczema ever since I was a baby.  I say "had' because I have NOT had a flair since using Shea butter/coconut oil/ vitamin e.

Posted By: Miyuki
Date Posted: Mar 14 2011 at 5:53pm
I had bad eczema on my legs because I have varicose veins and I was using apple cider vinegar on my legs for only 3 weeks 1-2 times a day.  I would soak a washcloth in half apple cider vinegar and half water and wrap it around my calf with plastic wrap.  After 3 weeks it was almost completely gone after being on my legs for almost a year.  Nothing else worked, lotions, oatmeal baths, etc.

Posted By: petiteone29
Date Posted: Mar 30 2011 at 1:43pm
wow! interesting. i never heard of this. ive heard of everything from vaseline to bleach but never acv. Hmmmmm! my 1yr old has a stubborn patch of eczema on the folds of his elbows and nothing seems to 100%cure it. I might give this a try.

Posted By: GoatGoatEtc.
Date Posted: Mar 31 2011 at 3:20am
yes

Posted By: GoatGoatEtc.
Date Posted: Mar 31 2011 at 3:35pm
ACV is tearing my eczema a new one!
I can't believe this is such a secret!

Posted By: sasha299
Date Posted: Mar 31 2011 at 3:45pm
DS has really bad eczema (related to food alergies) and i use a 3 pronged approach.
1. Bath everyday with vinegar in water
2. as he gets out slather him with crisco (not butter but the blue vegi shortening)
3. Eliminate all dairy, eggs, soy, nuts and wheat from his diet - those are his triggers so they get removed. Any accidental exposure, besides causing a full body rash, will cause his eczema to flair.

He's had it from about 6 weeks old.

Posted By: ExoticMami215
Date Posted: Jul 18 2011 at 6:16pm
My son used to have eczema but every since I  put him on fish oil for his adhd, his eczema cleared up completely

Posted By: Angel2011
Date Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 8:20pm
My daughter used to have eczema, my doctor prescribed epaderm ointment her eczema cleared within weeks.

Posted By: Bunnybanx
Date Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 10:58pm
I have terrible eczema that comes up when I get stressed out , I  currently don't have insurance so I can't get a steroid cream from my Doctor I was thinking of trying diluted bleach my aunts derm  recommend using it on her son so I thought i might try it ( I've  tried the drugstore cortizone one for eczema but it leaves a dark spot where ever the eczema was no pretty Cry

Posted By: misslexy22
Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 9:34pm
glad i found this thread

Posted By: naturesgift
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 2:33am
The tip about the food allergens I think is the best (NO DAIRY NO GLUTEN etc.)

Posted By: GrandmomA
Date Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 10:29pm

Help Ladies my Granddaughther has Eczema very bad, poor baby 1years old creams seem 2 be working for skin. But her Doctor hasn't giving anything for her hair she once had a head full of hair. Now she losing her hair and it's very thin it was thick. Anybody that has a cure and used something to restore hair for a baby help email me. I just found this site and I praying for a answer to my grandbaby. Thank uCry

Posted By: GrandmomA
Date Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 10:31pm
Somebody tell me whats ACV

Posted By: pinkecube
Date Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 10:46pm
apple cider vinegar

Print Page | Close Window