Print Page | Close Window

My daughter is getting too fat!!!

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Children's Hair
Forum Name: Children's Health
Forum Description: Health Care or Discussions on Childrens Health
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=29787
Printed Date: Jan 23 2021 at 5:52pm

Topic: My daughter is getting too fat!!!
Posted By: almetta
Subject: My daughter is getting too fat!!!
Date Posted: Jul 19 2006 at 7:42am
Confused  My seven year old daughter has been gaining weight at a steady pace for almost a year now.  Im concerned for her health.  She is active and eats a healthy diet.  We dont eat fast food much maybe once a month including pizza.  With all the juvenile diabetes emerging does anyone have suggestions?????/    Thanks

Replies:
Posted By: Ebonyqueen010
Date Posted: Jul 20 2006 at 4:31pm
maybe you should take her 2 a doctor bc that is  kinda wierd 4 her 2 live a healthy life but gain weight or maybe it just her growing?

Posted By: royalty25
Date Posted: Jul 20 2006 at 8:12pm
yeah she might gain alot of weight now and then
stop and start growing taller.  thats how my son grew and now hes tall and skinny.  but i would take her to the doctor just to be sure

Posted By: ChocolateCookie
Date Posted: Nov 06 2006 at 8:00am
Take her to the doc, could be a underactive thyroid...sp!!

Posted By: luvmybiga$$fro
Date Posted: Nov 06 2006 at 11:30am
Take her to the pediatrician for a check up of her thyroid as stated. She could also be going through "precocious puberty", menstration and/or puberty that can start as young as 2 yrs in some females. Take your baby to the doc. Hope all is well.

Posted By: Luv2LuvMyHair
Date Posted: Feb 07 2007 at 9:36am
I was just discussing this topic today about over weight children and from my experience I was an over weight child and it was because of the eating habbits my family had, we often ate fried foods if not daily then almost every other day, I was allowed to cook and eat as much as I wanted to and with daily trips to the treat store I ballooned up to 230 by the time I was 14. At 17 I adopted a vegitarian way of eating, lost 40 pounds and felt better health wise. As a new mom I promised myself to promote better eating habbits to my daughter because I do not want her to be over weight and not because of vanity purposes but to stop the cycle of bad eating habbits and risks of developing diabetes, hypertention and other diseases associate with being over weight.

Posted By: Luv2LuvMyHair
Date Posted: Feb 07 2007 at 9:36am
Originally posted by royalty25 royalty25 wrote:

yeah she might gain alot of weight now and then
stop and start growing taller.  thats how my son grew and now hes tall and skinny.  but i would take her to the doctor just to be sure

You have beautiful babies Royalty25.  Smile

Posted By: Zainabou
Date Posted: Feb 07 2007 at 10:28am
I would also look at the school lunch menus.  That food is so fattening.  When I started eating school lunches I gained like 15 pounds, I was only ten.  My Mom started packing my lunch and I lost the weight.

Posted By: naturesgift
Date Posted: May 10 2007 at 3:34pm
please take a good look at the diet that you are feeding your child most of the food sold in supermarket's can be dangerous for human's they have all this unnatural stuff in it causing many problems in american families. one place to start is http://www.notmilk.com" rel="no follow - www.notmilk.com , http://www.drnatura.com" rel="no follow - www.drnatura.com infact google superfoods and natural nutrition
whole foods market is great palce to start if you have one in your hood, other wize check you local health food store or food co-op

Posted By: hunnyswifey
Date Posted: May 25 2007 at 11:36pm
take her to the doctor to get her checked out...to make sure she is okay..do you have diabetes in your family? well don't worry too much..usually with kids things tend to even out as they get older and they "grow into" themselves..try to go to the playground or simple strolls with her so she gets more exercise which might set ur mind at ease..

Posted By: NaturaleMommi
Date Posted: Jul 16 2007 at 11:45am
Originally posted by Zainabou Zainabou wrote:

I would also look at the school lunch menus.  That food is so fattening.  When I started eating school lunches I gained like 15 pounds, I was only ten.  My Mom started packing my lunch and I lost the weight.

You're right the school lunch menu's are full of nothing but high calories and high fatty foods. I blame school lunches for giving my daughter high cholesterol and she's only 9 Angry.....

I would suggest lowering the amount of fat she takes in every day, replacing white bread with wheat or whole grain, replacing juices/soda's with water and an extra-curricular activity that involves excercise...

Posted By: chainlace2
Date Posted: Nov 15 2007 at 6:01pm
SEND HER TO SCHOOL WITH A SAK LUNCH AND TAKE HER FOR FUN WALKS AND TRY TO BE MORE ACTIVE WITH HER. MAYBE YOU CAN GET HER IN SOME TYPE OF SPORTS , GYMNASTICS OR SWIMMING CLASSES. GOOD LUCK

Posted By: Toonie
Date Posted: Dec 18 2007 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by chainlace2 chainlace2 wrote:

SEND HER TO SCHOOL WITH A SAK LUNCH AND TAKE HER FOR FUN WALKS AND TRY TO BE MORE ACTIVE WITH HER. MAYBE YOU CAN GET HER IN SOME TYPE OF SPORTS , GYMNASTICS OR SWIMMING CLASSES. GOOD LUCK

I agree, my daughter loves to eat and this is what I have to do. During the winter months, a lot of parents (sometimes myself as well) slack off on the excercise. Kids should get an hour a day. Every day. I have a membership to the museum where she can be physical during the winter, and we are usually there for more than hour because of all the fun interesting things to do.  I pack her lunch, and FYI MOtts for Tots are GREAT juice boxes, because they have the water already mixed in plus 100% juice. I am willing to spend the extra cents for something healthy. We don't eat french fries, sodas, or chips. Rarely if we do.

Posted By: Anah
Date Posted: May 12 2008 at 12:50am
1st suggestions: call a doc.

2nd suggestion: refer to suggestion 1.

3rd suggestion: refer to suggestions 2 and 1

Embarrassed

She may have a thyroid issue. Get it checked ASAP.

Print Page | Close Window