Forum Name: Fashion
Forum Description: Talk About Fashion!
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=295846
Printed Date: Nov 16 2018 at 10:33pm

Topic: According to Kim K
Posted By: -xfashion-
Subject: According to Kim K
Date Posted: Jan 14 2011 at 5:47pm
Color coordination your accessories is the way to go..

Thoughts?

Replies:
Date Posted: Jan 14 2011 at 5:48pm

I Heart this one!

Posted By: UrMom
Date Posted: Jan 14 2011 at 6:03pm
lol no. she doing the most. i dont like any of the looks really. 

Posted By: msbhavn90250
Date Posted: Jan 14 2011 at 6:06pm
I like the Berkin Bag

Posted By: CityFashionista
Date Posted: Jan 14 2011 at 6:15pm
I was thinking about getting a Birkin but I don't think I'm in love with them. I like them fine but for 10k I need to feel the love.

I have to say though the way she has styled her Birkin is making me rethink it again. I think shes wearing them well.

Posted By: natalie2u
Date Posted: Jan 14 2011 at 6:18pm
I think she looks goodThumbs Up

Date Posted: Jan 14 2011 at 6:19pm
Hey City, I too love that bag, started looking at the Birkin several years ago, but still I have not acquired one

Date Posted: Jan 14 2011 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by CityFashionista CityFashionista wrote:

I was thinking about getting a Birkin but I don't think I'm in love with them. I like them fine but for 10k I need to feel the love.

I have to say though the way she has styled her Birkin is making me rethink it again. I think shes wearing them well.

I need your job so i can buy these things!

Date Posted: Jan 14 2011 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by msbhavn90250 msbhavn90250 wrote:

Hey City, I too love that bag, started looking at the Birkin several years ago, but still I have not acquired one

I know. So did I>

We should've gotten them a few years ago. They were 3k when I was looking at them.Shocked

Boy do I wish!

Date Posted: Jan 14 2011 at 6:25pm
City?? They were once cheaper than 3k?? Oh I wish my mother had me earlier :( lol

Date Posted: Jan 14 2011 at 6:26pm

I know. So did I>

We should've gotten them a few years ago. They were 3k when I was looking at them.Shocked

Boy do I wish!

I went on the list several years ago when they were 5K, needless to say they have not called me yet

Date Posted: Jan 14 2011 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by -xfashion- -xfashion- wrote:

I need your job so i can buy these things!

LOL I keep going back & forth with the Birkin. It's not my ultimate bag. I have a lot of designer bags & it's not like I will stop carrying those bags to carry the Birkin & I don't have it like Kim K where I could just have a Birkin collecting dust in my closet.

Its not I think I should carry it everyday because I don't carry none of my bags everyday but I do feel like if I had a Birkin it should be my favorite bag & out of all the bags I have I like a few of them more than I like the style of a BirkinConfused

I feel wrong for saying that but its my personal taste.Embarrassed

However I still wish I would've gotten one when they were cheaper & I still may let DH buy me one. He would if though he doesn't like them.

Date Posted: Jan 14 2011 at 6:31pm

I know. So did I>

Boy do I wish!

I went on the list several years ago when they were 5K, needless to say they have not called me yet

Awh man! Thats not cool. They don't even use the list for Birkins anymore.Confused Its been that way for about 2 years.Ouch

Posted By: ChicFrenchy
Date Posted: Jan 14 2011 at 6:51pm
No I don't like the way she wears them at all...A bag inspired by Jane Birkin who has effortless, timeless styleEmbarrassed. Victoria Beckham wear them so much better.

My 1st Hermes was a Kelly though, in Ostrich leather. It was a gift. I would wear it all the time, with jeans and all. It's still one of my favorites.
 I got into the Birkins later borrowing my mothers'. But I'm still more a Kelly girl, I find them more ladylike, elegant. My mother has litterally a stash/collection of Hermes purses, belts, scarves ( a lot of "carres")...I'm her only daughter so what's hers is mineBig smile 

Date Posted: Jan 14 2011 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by ChicFrenchy ChicFrenchy wrote:

No I don't like the way she wears them at all...A bag inspired by Jane Birkin who has effortless, timeless styleEmbarrassed. Victoria Beckham wear them so much better.

My 1st Hermes was a Kelly though, in Ostrich leather. It was a gift. I would wear it all the time, with jeans and all. It's still one of my favorites.
 I got into the Birkins later borrowing my mothers'. But I'm still more a Kelly girl, I find them more ladylike, elegant. My mother has litterally a stash/collection of Hermes purses, belts, scarves ( a lot of "carres")...I'm her only daughter so what's hers is mineBig smile 

That's a beauty!Clap I love Ostrich. I have a Ostrich Prada bag & I love the material.

Posted By: ScorpioLuv
Date Posted: Jan 14 2011 at 6:57pm
Do it all the time unle4ss im using my accessory as an accent 

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Jan 14 2011 at 7:16pm

jealousLOL

and no i do not like how kim is dressed.  it looks so damn forced.  nothing about her if effortless. like EVER!

i like them in exotic skins...then again i like anything in exotic skins.

sigh *one day*

Date Posted: Jan 14 2011 at 7:25pm
^^^I like exotic skin a lot too! I don't really care for the brand, it just has to be real
skin. Even dressed down you look chic.

Date Posted: Jan 14 2011 at 7:27pm

^^^I like exotic skin a lot too! I don't really care for the brand, it just has to be real
skin. Even dressed down you look chic.

i think an exotic skin is subtle yet powerful at the same time. 

Posted By: kaai
Date Posted: Jan 14 2011 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by ramblerGAMBLER ramblerGAMBLER wrote:

this is a very nice photo of her

I agree... she seldom put clothes together badly... she was a stylist for a while so I got to give it to her Clap

I luv the Kelly bag also......
Ya'll think the Birkin will ever lower its price......
coach had a look-a- like last yr.... I couldnt...Cry I just couldn't it wasn't the same....Cry

Date Posted: Jan 14 2011 at 10:26pm
i like the way kimora wears her birkin

i think kim looks like a turdSleepy

http://fashionbombdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Kimora-at-the-Grove-January.jpg

Date Posted: Jan 14 2011 at 10:37pm
I like the way kimora paired it better as well epitome

Date Posted: Jan 14 2011 at 10:48pm
She needs to fire her stylist Monica Rose...And yes Kimora wore it better.

Jane Birkin and Grace Kelly themselves

Posted By: kaai
Date Posted: Jan 18 2011 at 5:38pm
is it me? cause looking up close at Kimora's bag (to be exact) the leather doesn't look that soft....

with
that price tag I want the leather to be like butta!Tongue

Posted By: Amillion
Date Posted: Jan 19 2011 at 11:47am
I hate Birkin bags. I think woman only buy them because of their "status".  They look like cheap canal street purses to me. Their like the most overrated purses I've ever seen.

Posted By: UrMom
Date Posted: Jan 19 2011 at 12:50pm
LOL They are just really simple looking. They look like reg. bags you can find in the dept. store. They are so basic though, I guess thats why people like to make them staples. I would prefer the Chloe bag Kim have more.

Posted By: Amillion
Date Posted: Jan 19 2011 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by UrMom UrMom wrote:

LOL They are just really simple looking. They look like reg. bags you can find in the dept. store. They are so basic though, I guess thats why people like to make them staples. I would prefer the Chloe bag Kim have more.

They are STUPID.  Nothing about that bag is worth the money they are trying to sell them for.  I could raise my own farm of alligators and pigs and skin them for cheaper

Posted By: shangrila
Date Posted: Jan 19 2011 at 1:25pm
Clapthat Chloe bagClap......

Posted By: MissCapricorn
Date Posted: Jan 19 2011 at 2:31pm
I too have always preferred the "Kelly" and the Chloe (the Heloise is one of my faves). I can only wish...still on a college student budget though Ouch

Posted By: YeezyPeezy87
Date Posted: Jan 19 2011 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by -xfashion- -xfashion- wrote:

Color coordination your accessories is the way to go..

Thoughts?

I like how she looks in this picture

Date Posted: Jan 20 2011 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by Amillion Amillion wrote:

I hate Birkin bags. I think woman only buy them because of their "status".  They look like cheap canal street purses to me. Their like the most overrated purses I've ever seen.
They are really well made. And in person, you can definitely see the quality. They look ok in picture but trust me IRL you know they don't come from Canal Street. Very high quality leather. The baguette from Chanel has the same "problem": looks ok in picture but IRL it's really well made.
Trust me, IRL, Hermes is a whole other level when it comes to maroquinerie. You see one carried, you just can tell.

Posted By: shoefreakbaby
Date Posted: Jan 20 2011 at 10:47pm
I will never understand the appeal of that purse. It is plain, and smug. Yes it is smooth buttery looking but ist just to plain for allllll that money. 

The money could save a whole village. At a point fashion becomes even too vain for the devil, the "burkin" is  that point.

My momma Michael Kors bag look better than that  lol

Posted By: Chey
Date Posted: Jan 20 2011 at 10:58pm
I think it looks better if you match two of your accessories- not all.

Where are you going with those red pumps, bag, belt and hat?
TackyDead

Posted By: Missvw
Date Posted: Jan 21 2011 at 5:00am
She looks great

Posted By: Caramel_Mimi
Date Posted: Jan 21 2011 at 12:14pm
Ditto!

Posted By: purple.chuckz
Date Posted: Jan 21 2011 at 2:11pm

I adore the Chloe Paraty with every fiber of my being. The Marcie bag is also nice.
Kim just cheapens the Birkin bag. Do y'all take your Birkins to the gym too?

edited--there was supposed to be an image of Kim leaving the gym with a black birkin bag.

Posted By: miana79
Date Posted: Jan 21 2011 at 6:16pm
I agree with Kim. K

Posted By: MdDyme07
Date Posted: Jan 21 2011 at 6:54pm
I like how Kim is dressed...I truly do not see what the hype is over birkin bags, they look really plain and simple to me. Maybe it's the exclusivity that make people go crazy over these bags? *shrug*

Posted By: Only1biancab
Date Posted: Jan 22 2011 at 8:20am
Kinda off-topic, but Reiss has a pretty knockoff of the Hermes Birkin.

No comment on Kim's outfits. 

Print Page | Close Window