Forum Name: Alternative Religions
Forum Description: Discussions on Alternative Religions
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=294031
Printed Date: Oct 19 2018 at 9:18pm

Topic: Alt. Religions Random Thoughts 2011
Posted By: Arielle
Subject: Alt. Religions Random Thoughts 2011
Date Posted: Jan 02 2011 at 5:08pm
Is anyone opposed to the starting of a new Random Thoughts Thread?

I saw that the old one is at a good place to stop.  It's got a full year of posts, and ironically 365 pages.

What say you?

Replies:
Date Posted: Jan 02 2011 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by tantoine tantoine wrote:

I hope no one takes offense, but I remember seeing that some Alt Rel crew members celebrate Christmas. To those that do -

1) Do your friends and family question why you do so if you don't believe in Jesus?  The reason for the season is the tilt of the earth's axis, and this is what I tell people when they ask me.  However, with my family's culture, Christmas is celebrated and that's what I was raised with, so that's what I partake in when I'm with them.  No big deal to me.

2) To those with children, do you have to explain to them why you guys celebrate after their friend tells them it's Jesus birthday?  N/A

Posted By: STricky
Date Posted: Jan 02 2011 at 8:32pm
Happy New Year!

Posted By: coilyartist
Date Posted: Jan 02 2011 at 10:37pm
Wham! Joyeux nouvel an tout le monde!

Posted By: tantoine
Date Posted: Jan 03 2011 at 6:17am
Thanks for answering my question Arielle.

Happy New Year to all. May it be better than the last.

Posted By: JungleDrum
Date Posted: Jan 03 2011 at 6:02pm
Happy New Year everyone! Great idea Arielle. It's a fresh start.

This year, I'm committing myself to eating right (that includes no sugar and no grains, more meat, veggies and a lil fruit once in a while) and focus myself on school.

I really feel good about 2011.Big smile

Date Posted: Jan 03 2011 at 7:01pm
It annoys me when people don't take the time out to listen to another person's belief. I get that you don't personally believe that, but take the time out to LISTEN instead of insulting them.

I'm also tired of my mom trying to guilt me into going to church. Guess what? It doesn't work.

Posted By: supermodelsonya
Date Posted: Jan 03 2011 at 7:25pm

It annoys me when people don't take the time out to listen to another person's belief. I get that you don't personally believe that, but take the time out to LISTEN instead of insulting them.

I'm also tired of my mom trying to guilt me into going to church. Guess what? It doesn't work.
StarStarStarStarStar

Date Posted: Jan 03 2011 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by supermodelsonya supermodelsonya wrote:

StarStarStarStarStar

Hi SMS. I know you know which thread I'm talking aboutOuch.

Date Posted: Jan 03 2011 at 7:28pm
Yes! Why can't the girl just not believe in Hell and let her go about her merry way? Christians frustrate me so much and act like THEIR way is the ONLY way and THEIR truth is the ONLY truth!

Date Posted: Jan 03 2011 at 7:30pm

Yes! Why can't the girl just not believe in Hell and let her go about her merry way? 

I've never understood why people are so happy to believe in hell. I would be disgusted with a God so vindictive, that he would want someone to burn for eternity. No thanks.

Also, she didn't come in and said "You should not believe in hell". She just wanted to explain why SHE doesn't. Then she's called Satan and told that she's misleading others. I already knew that thread was going to go that way. That section is not a fan of teachings that aren't mainstream.

Date Posted: Jan 03 2011 at 7:34pm

Yes! Why can't the girl just not believe in Hell and let her go about her merry way? 

I've never understood why people are so happy to believe in hell. I would be disgusted with a God so vindictive, that he would want someone to burn for eternity. No thanks.

Also, she didn't come in and said "You should not believe in hell". She just wanted to explain why SHE doesn't. Then she's called Satan and told that she's misleading others. I already knew that thread was going to go that way. That section is not a fan of teachings that aren't mainstream.

I couldn't even read all the responses because I could feel my blood pressure rising.....I just can't with that section sometimes.

That's why I like it here. We all have very different beliefs but yet I'm not forcing you to believe what I do. We merely discuss what we believe here and that's that.

Posted By: Carib_n_curly
Date Posted: Jan 03 2011 at 7:55pm
i'm craving oatmeal and grilled fish Confused
i'm buying some fish tomorrow and i'm having oatmeal for breakie

i wish i was craving healthy food earlier on today

happy new year every body Party

Date Posted: Jan 04 2011 at 3:14am
why am I up so damn early? My flight is for 4 pm, but I'm up at 4 am.....sigh

Date Posted: Jan 04 2011 at 1:44pm
About to leave to catch my flight....I'll check you cool cats later!

Posted By: camille07
Date Posted: Jan 04 2011 at 3:17pm
i was being all patient for your internet hiatus to be over and you're up on bhm posting. jesus f*cking christ. 

Originally posted by Arielle Arielle wrote:

I saw that the old one is at a good place to stop.  It's got a full year of posts, and ironically 365 pages.

What say you?

Date Posted: Jan 04 2011 at 4:46pm
Camille,

No shade meant at all.  I'm posting from my phone these days, and that particular email account isn't set up on it.

I was back in town on Jan 2, after the New Year, like I said I would be.  How are things?  Email me, we'll catch up.

Date Posted: Jan 04 2011 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by camille07 camille07 wrote:

i was being all patient for your internet hiatus to be over and you're up on bhm posting. jesus f*cking christ. 

What say you?

Well where in the satanic majesty have YOU been?

Date Posted: Jan 06 2011 at 1:39pm
I liked the "quick bible question" thread in TTT. It didn't get off track and everyone was respectful of each others beliefs. That's how I feel most religious threads should go. Plus it gave me a chance to refresh my biblical memory.

Posted By: purpulicious01
Date Posted: Jan 06 2011 at 2:23pm

Posted By: OoDles O
Date Posted: Jan 06 2011 at 4:38pm
hello team.

just posting a fun status update from a fellow facebook friend...lol

I don't normally do this but ummmm keep the party going! This is a status I just could NOT pass up: When you carry the Bible, Satan gets a headache. When you open it, he collapses. When he sees you reading it, he faints. When he sees you living it, he flees. And just when you're about to re-post this, he'll try to discourage you. I JUST DEFEATED HIM! Copy and re-post if you can. Any takers??

Date Posted: Jan 06 2011 at 4:46pm
LOL That's like those text messages that I receive from friends saying "Forward this if you're not ashamed of Jesus."Stern Smile

Date Posted: Jan 06 2011 at 5:00pm
LOL....  I just picture a Satan like creature getting headache or fainting   LOL..

I so was about to leave a comment that said ...."Satan, Headache? Really?"

I had to leave it alone...lol

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Jan 06 2011 at 5:02pm

LOL That's like those text messages that I receive from friends saying "Forward this if you're not ashamed of Jesus."Stern Smile
Wait...what? LOL

Date Posted: Jan 06 2011 at 7:13pm
i've got e-mails like that before taintoine
i'm always like lol wut? 

Posted By: TransitAngst
Date Posted: Jan 08 2011 at 2:51pm
Every day I get more and more tired of living in this country....Sleepy

Date Posted: Jan 08 2011 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by TransitAngst TransitAngst wrote:

Hug Kinda feels like everywhere is falling apart, though.

Date Posted: Jan 08 2011 at 3:52pm
I need to stop playing around and get dental insurance. My wisdom tooth is killing me and I need to get it taken out.

Posted By: camille07
Date Posted: Jan 08 2011 at 6:25pm
as it turns out, europe does not want new citizens. 

Date Posted: Jan 09 2011 at 1:43am

This is one reason I'm glad to have another passport issued from an African country.  When things get really bad, I'll just pretend that I'm a refugee fleeing from a 3rd world nation for political asylum.  Nigeria is always in some sort of mess or other, they'll totally believe me. Thumbs Up

Date Posted: Jan 09 2011 at 5:34pm

This is one reason I'm glad to have another passport issued from an African country.  When things get really bad, I'll just pretend that I'm a refugee fleeing from a 3rd world nation for political asylum.  Nigeria is always in some sort of mess or other, they'll totally believe me. Thumbs Up

LOL That would be awesome! I guess my choice if things get really sucky will be to run off and live with relatives in England or Italy. Could probably work for/with my uncle in London. That or go down to Ghana and wreak havoc on the people who are apparently creeping up on my family's land. Angry

Date Posted: Jan 09 2011 at 7:52pm

LOL That would be awesome! I guess my choice if things get really sucky will be to run off and live with relatives in England or Italy. Could probably work for/with my uncle in London. That or go down to Ghana and wreak havoc on the people who are apparently creeping up on my family's land. Angry

Hint... once you're an EU citizen, you can practically work anywhere within the union with greater ease.  Have a relative sponsor you first, that may be your ticket. Good luck! Cool

Posted By: purpulicious01
Date Posted: Jan 10 2011 at 12:22am
got snowed into tonight ... yay for me

so i watched The Count of Monte Cristo (recent version) with my mom. Forgot what an absolutely amazing movie that was.

Posted By: gabi03
Date Posted: Jan 10 2011 at 5:36am
i hate 2011 already

Date Posted: Jan 10 2011 at 6:02am

Hint... once you're an EU citizen, you can practically work anywhere within the union with greater ease.  Have a relative sponsor you first, that may be your ticket. Good luck! Cool

Shocked But I thought it had to be an immediate family member, like a parent or sibling. If that's not the case, then...Handshake
I'm pretty determined to do it, if only for the experience of living in another setting. But I have to wait and see if I get into grad school first! Big smile

Date Posted: Jan 10 2011 at 9:16pm

Shocked But I thought it had to be an immediate family member, like a parent or sibling. If that's not the case, then...Handshake
I'm pretty determined to do it, if only for the experience of living in another setting. But I have to wait and see if I get into grad school first! Big smile

Trying to transition into "resident" status straight after grad school is tough pickings.  I would say, try and land residency before going to grad school... otherwise your job prospects there afterward are almost slim to none, unless you have a science/engineering degree from the States already.  Other than that, nope.  They won't give you a position that can go to an EU resident first, by law.

Date Posted: Jan 11 2011 at 6:31am

Trying to transition into "resident" status straight after grad school is tough pickings.  I would say, try and land residency before going to grad school... otherwise your job prospects there afterward are almost slim to none, unless you have a science/engineering degree from the States already.  Other than that, nope.  They won't give you a position that can go to an EU resident first, by law.

I'd be going to grad school here, not there. I have to wait because if I'm accepted, I'm staying in the States for at least two more years.

Date Posted: Jan 11 2011 at 9:51am
I got a new roommate you guys, and it's freaking lovely!
I was packing in my ex-roommates face yesterday, and she said nothing to me, right, so when I had two friends help me bring stuff to my new room, she was all like "Oh, you're moving? Why?" I gave her the 'bitch, you saw me doing this earlier and you said nothing' face, so I said, "YUP, that's right!" really happy.....she looked sad, but it's her fault.
I have no remorse.

Date Posted: Jan 11 2011 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by coilyartist coilyartist wrote:

I got a new roommate you guys, and it's freaking lovely!
I was packing in my ex-roommates face yesterday, and she said nothing to me, right, so when I had two friends help me bring stuff to my new room, she was all like "Oh, you're moving? Why?" I gave her the 'bitch, you saw me doing this earlier and you said nothing' face, so I said, "YUP, that's right!" really happy.....she looked sad, but it's her fault.
I have no remorse.

LOLClap
Clap

Date Posted: Jan 12 2011 at 7:49pm
sigh....

Date Posted: Jan 13 2011 at 12:51am
What's wrong SMS?

Date Posted: Jan 13 2011 at 11:37am
CryI'd give anything for a change of scenery right now.....Ouch

Date Posted: Jan 13 2011 at 12:53pm

whats wrong super model 
is it the weather?need a vacation?some water?EmbarrassedHug

Date Posted: Jan 13 2011 at 7:16pm

aww...come on down to New Orleans for a while and let me free load off of you....that should help you out!

Date Posted: Jan 13 2011 at 8:32pm

aww...come on down to New Orleans for a while and let me free load off of you....that should help you out!

Send me some of that N'awlins food. Geek I'm in Fl, shipping won't be too bad.

Date Posted: Jan 14 2011 at 6:13am

Hug
Don't listen to coily Stern Smile, she doesn't know what she's talking about. Come up to NYC and let me freeload off you instead. Star

Date Posted: Jan 14 2011 at 3:19pm
Sometimes....I just feel like beating the shyt out of people. I imagine myself just beating them to a bloody pulp....and then my vexation subdues and I'm me again.....

Date Posted: Jan 14 2011 at 5:02pm

Sometimes....I just feel like beating the shyt out of people. I imagine myself just beating them to a bloody pulp....and then my vexation subdues and I'm me again.....

>>>>>we are here<<<<<<

I just call a tennis buddy and i wack the sh8t out of the ball. It's more therapeutic than those phony therapists. 

Date Posted: Jan 14 2011 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by gabi03 gabi03 wrote:

>>>>>we are here<<<<<<

I just call a tennis buddy and i wack the sh8t out of the ball. It's more therapeutic than those phony therapists. 

I really need to take up a contact sport. I get too worked up sometimes. I need to beat the hell outta something(body).

Date Posted: Jan 14 2011 at 8:30pm

Hug

Date Posted: Jan 15 2011 at 12:10am
Aw coily! Hug

Date Posted: Jan 15 2011 at 8:56am
You guys are nutsLOLLOLLOL

Date Posted: Jan 17 2011 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

hello team.

just posting a fun status update from a fellow facebook friend...lol

I don't normally do this but ummmm keep the party going! This is a status I just could NOT pass up: When you carry the Bible, Satan gets a headache. When you open it, he collapses. When he sees you reading it, he faints. When he sees you living it, he flees. And just when you're about to re-post this, he'll try to discourage you. I JUST DEFEATED HIM! Copy and re-post if you can. Any takers??
Hmm. I might re post one of these on FB if it's more threatening.

Like, "Jesus is king! And if you are not a punk a** for the devil, you'll repost this on your page!" LOL

Date Posted: Jan 20 2011 at 8:52pm
Everybody's busy being devilish, huh?

I am woooooorn out. Thank Ceiling Cat it's Friday tomorrow. Meowmen, forever.

Date Posted: Jan 20 2011 at 11:05pm
I found out what my life has been lacking.
First, let me start by saying that my first love is poetry--I am a poet.
Second, let me say that I have fallen off tremendously.
However, after listening to Nikki Giovanni last night at MLK week of peace, I realised that I had been estranged from my writing for way too long.
She said something about how the arts are always the first to go in schools, and I also realised that I had been writing all these years to help keep the arts alive, and whilst I was away from it, I did a horrid job at keeping the arts alive.
It was a major eye opener for me.
I wrote two poems back to back today, feeling more than inspired to go forth in my journey of writing.
I don't care about the criticism, for it's my art....my pleasure....my passion
I feel naked and new to it again, but I'm more than pleased that I had someone open my eyes to help me start all over again.

Date Posted: Jan 21 2011 at 12:40am

I found out what my life has been lacking.
First, let me start by saying that my first love is poetry--I am a poet.
Second, let me say that I have fallen off tremendously.
However, after listening to Nikki Giovanni last night at MLK week of peace, I realised that I had been estranged from my writing for way too long.
She said something about how the arts are always the first to go in schools, and I also realised that I had been writing all these years to help keep the arts alive, and whilst I was away from it, I did a horrid job at keeping the arts alive.
It was a major eye opener for me.
I wrote two poems back to back today, feeling more than inspired to go forth in my journey of writing.
I don't care about the criticism, for it's my art....my pleasure....my passion
I feel naked and new to it again, but I'm more than pleased that I had someone open my eyes to help me start all over again.

ClapStar

I've always loved the arts, and like you, I focus on writing. Whenever I don't do it, my patience gets waaaaay too thin. I can sincerely feel the difference when I don't have something creative going on, like when you stop exercising and start eating a lot of crappy food.

Yay for you!Clap

Star

Date Posted: Jan 21 2011 at 5:36pm
coilyartist the same thing happened to me last year. i realised i need it in my life. i stopped drawing and became grossly out of touch with art. i was so f*cking miserable on my course. i HAD to change it and even though its hard getting back into it i feel so much more complete. 

its kinda scary but no one should ever deny their natural talent. even if its only a hobby 

Date Posted: Jan 28 2011 at 2:25pm
* vacuums spider webs & dust. brushes out tumble weed* 

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Jan 29 2011 at 2:29am
At this time, my identity as a female is curb-stomping my other identities. It's nice.

Date Posted: Jan 29 2011 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

At this time, my identity as a female is curb-stomping my other identities. It's nice.

What are these other identities?Geek

Date Posted: Jan 29 2011 at 7:33pm
Yes Nita.....I would like to know

Date Posted: Jan 29 2011 at 10:31pm
*pulls up a chair*

http://www.hollywoodgo.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/morgan-freeman.jpg

Do tell Nita.

Date Posted: Jan 30 2011 at 10:07pm
She pulled that disappearing act.

Date Posted: Jan 31 2011 at 3:40pm
I just watched giada on food network put olives, scallion and mozzarella cheese into her cornbread mix.....and not to mention....her cornbread mix looked dry as hell...

when you pour the mix into the pan, it's supposed to go a bit freely, correct? Yea....she had to spoon it out....I would not eat at her house.

Date Posted: Jan 31 2011 at 3:43pm
Woot woot!  I got gold corded* this weekend.  I am so very happy.  Do the happy dance and celebrate with me!

*For alt rel. folks who don't know what this means, my PM box is open.

Date Posted: Jan 31 2011 at 5:20pm
Yay Arielle!Party

Coily, once I saw that her father was a big name in Hollywood, it made sense why she might have a cooking show.

I must vent! My hillbilly neighbor is moving! Leaving! She's taking her hill folk friends with her! I'm hoping my neighbor who likes to play her music loud leaves soon as well. Then I'll have peace and quiet again.

Date Posted: Jan 31 2011 at 6:20pm
Yay Arielle Beer

i could almost punch a kitten right now if it meant the cold would go away
i can't take it Cry i'm not built for the cold

Posted By: kfoxx1998
Date Posted: Jan 31 2011 at 6:25pm
Hi y'all.  I miss our awesome posts down here.  I've been thinking about a few things and I want to post an article I saw.  I've been slacking hard but I love you guys HeartHug

Date Posted: Jan 31 2011 at 7:38pm
Congrats Arielle!!!!!!!!
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date Posted: Jan 31 2011 at 9:42pm
Don't know what it means outside of grad ceremonies but:

Date Posted: Jan 31 2011 at 10:35pm
*fist balled*

Date Posted: Feb 01 2011 at 11:42am

*fist balled*

Why?Cry

Date Posted: Feb 01 2011 at 11:56am
Originally posted by STricky STricky wrote:

*fist balled*

Why?Cry

Let me tell you why....I went in the "My Experiences" section to back up purps thread on Joshua and Islam, and they kept calling it a false religion. So I went in there with my opinion, and the only thing that the girl could throw at me was some Bible scriptures and she kept saying it was a false religion.

Now, I would never...NEVER....denounce anyone's religion, so what makes this chick think she can? She acts like her God is better than the next God, when they are all the same God! I'm sick of it!
If you don't want to broaden your horizons and look at things outside of church, you are nothing more than an insignificant spec on my radar! Like, how dare you!?

Purp wasn't doing anything malicious, but they made it out to be, and it made me mad.

My fist got unballed when I went to bed last night though
LOL

Date Posted: Feb 01 2011 at 4:01pm

Don't know what it means outside of grad ceremonies but:

Thanks! LOLLOLLOL

Date Posted: Feb 01 2011 at 4:03pm
Coily,

Purp has more class and patience than many BHMers, Christian or not.  She is above all that High & Mighty nonsense.  Those "Christians" could learn a thing or two from her about how to comport one's self as a lady in public forums.

Posted By: adll
Date Posted: Feb 01 2011 at 4:31pm
My first random thought...been reading this section. I think I'm more of an atheist nowadays. Was christian before. Then bad things happen, I became an atheist. Looked into my indigenous culture religion.  Then looked into being a muslim. I'm most likely still an atheist though. 

Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Feb 01 2011 at 6:53pm

Coily,

Purp has more class and patience than many BHMers, Christian or not.  She is above all that High & Mighty nonsense.  Those "Christians" could learn a thing or two from her about how to comport one's self as a lady in public forums.

I STILL think it's fear.  There are too many people out there who have to be RIGHT.  They can't hold a decent discussion to save their life about anything to the contrary of what they have been taught.

Now, I'm not a fan of religion, be it Christianity, Islam, Buddhism or the like, but jeez, I can at least hold a proper discussion on it (unless the person is being completely ridiculous).

I just find their behavior up there completely hypocritical, sometimes.

Date Posted: Feb 01 2011 at 8:32pm

Coily,

Clap Purp can definitely have all my Classy Lady tea.

Date Posted: Feb 01 2011 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

Coily,

I STILL think it's fear.  There are too many people out there who have to be RIGHT.  They can't hold a decent discussion to save their life about anything to the contrary of what they have been taught.

Now, I'm not a fan of religion, be it Christianity, Islam, Buddhism or the like, but jeez, I can at least hold a proper discussion on it (unless the person is being completely ridiculous).

I kind of agree. What if those evil people don't actually get their comeuppance in the next life? What makes me better than them? What is the point of getting up early on Sundays if I don't get a castle after I die?

And considering how scared people are of death, thinking that someone's going to be there with riches and waiting with a smile is comforting.

I think no matter what you believe, you should do good things because you want to. Because you think that it says something about your character. Because that's how you want to be seen.

Date Posted: Feb 01 2011 at 9:06pm

Coily,

I kind of agree. What if those evil people don't actually get their comeuppance in the next life? What makes me better than them? What is the point of getting up early on Sundays if I don't get a castle after I die?

And considering how scared people are of death, thinking that someone's going to be there with riches and waiting with a smile is comforting.

I think no matter what you believe, you should do good things because you want to. Because you think that it says something about your character. Because that's how you want to be seen.

I completely agree with this and I have been saying for a long time that I am a good person because I want to be.  I am not a good person because I am threatened into it, nor am I a good person because I think I am going to get some kind of a reward.

I, am also afraid of death, which is why, when I think of my own mortality, I try to make the very best of my life.  I can't sit back and wait for death to come, thinking that an after life will somehow be better than what is on earth.  You waste your life doing that. 

Again, while I am against religion, myself, I think that if one believes, maybe it's should be because they WANT to believe and because that particular religion makes sense to them.  Believing in something out of fear or threats is pointless.  I feel like there are a lot of Christians out there who, if they didn't have religion, they would let loose like wild turkeys.  Shoot, I remember not long ago, a lot of BHM Christians admitting as such. 

Side note: Pet peeve, I hate it when believers automatically associate atheists and agnostics with bad behavior.  "If I weren't a Christian, I'd run wild in the streets, just like a lot of atheists I know."  If I hear that statement one mo' time! LOL  Belief has fukk all to do with behavior.

Posted By: JasmineE02
Date Posted: Feb 01 2011 at 11:38pm
Purp is definitely one of my favorite posters.  I know she handled herself well without me even having to look. Thumbs Up

Date Posted: Feb 01 2011 at 11:53pm
This is why I love my people in Alt. Religions.....^^^

Date Posted: Feb 02 2011 at 8:16am
Originally posted by adll adll wrote:

My first random thought...been reading this section. I think I'm more of an atheist nowadays. Was christian before. Then bad things happen, I became an atheist. Looked into my indigenous culture religion.  Then looked into being a muslim. I'm most likely still an atheist though. 

Welcome!!

Date Posted: Feb 02 2011 at 3:45pm

Coily,

I completely agree with this and I have been saying for a long time that I am a good person because I want to be.  I am not a good person because I am threatened into it, nor am I a good person because I think I am going to get some kind of a reward.

I, am also afraid of death, which is why, when I think of my own mortality, I try to make the very best of my life.  I can't sit back and wait for death to come, thinking that an after life will somehow be better than what is on earth.  You waste your life doing that. 

Again, while I am against religion, myself, I think that if one believes, maybe it's should be because they WANT to believe and because that particular religion makes sense to them.  Believing in something out of fear or threats is pointless.  I feel like there are a lot of Christians out there who, if they didn't have religion, they would let loose like wild turkeys.  Shoot, I remember not long ago, a lot of BHM Christians admitting as such. 

Side note: Pet peeve, I hate it when believers automatically associate atheists and agnostics with bad behavior.  "If I weren't a Christian, I'd run wild in the streets, just like a lot of atheists I know."  If I hear that statement one mo' time! LOL  Belief has fukk all to do with behavior.

LOL Because they have that heathen on Saturday, Christian on Sunday mentality. Godless!

Date Posted: Feb 02 2011 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by JasmineE02 JasmineE02 wrote:

Purp is definitely one of my favorite posters.  I know she handled herself well without me even having to look. Thumbs Up
Yes! She came out looking like a classy lady as usual.Clap

I think the more nutty responses were due to feeling like their beliefs were being threatened by a simple youtube vid. Why else would you bully someone who is just posting an appropriate thread in the appropriate section?

Date Posted: Feb 02 2011 at 5:23pm
i want to bake something. not now, its too late for that.
i want to TRY making velvet cake. i've never had it before but the amount of raves on BHM got my attention. i haven't seen it in shops here either. 

Date Posted: Feb 02 2011 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by Carib_n_curly Carib_n_curly wrote:

i want to bake something. not now, its too late for that.
i want to TRY making velvet cake. i've never had it before but the amount of raves on BHM got my attention. i haven't seen it in shops here either. 

Red Velvet Cake?Shocked

I am more than willing to help you eat that.

Date Posted: Feb 02 2011 at 9:38pm
Craving a Costco Red Velvet Cake right now.

I introduced the general awesomeness of this dessert to my mother--who hates chocolate by the way--and she went and ate more than half of it!  Now all she talks about is Costco Red Velvet Cake.

Date Posted: Feb 02 2011 at 10:24pm
I don't understand the appeal red velvet cake.  How can anybody trust a baked good that comes out that color?  

Date Posted: Feb 02 2011 at 11:18pm
forget the colour of the cake, it's the taste of the cake that brings the appeal out....it's so damn tasty!

Blue velvet is good too....

CNC...there are no red velvet cakes in London, or anywhere else in England?

Date Posted: Feb 03 2011 at 1:01am

I don't understand the appeal red velvet cake.  How can anybody trust a baked good that comes out that color?  

Shocked

The cake overlord will not be pleased, Arielle.

SHOO!

Angry

Date Posted: Feb 03 2011 at 8:11am

Ugh.  This is classic delusion right here.  If Christians could only hold a mirror up to themselves they would see more atheists and agnostics living in peace than Christians.  I wish there were some statistics in their face about where the majority of the debauchery in the US comes from. 

Date Posted: Feb 03 2011 at 9:45am
coily i've never heard of red velvet cake until last year when people on BHM kept raving about it.
if there is any red velvet cake its probably in central london somewhere. idk about the rest of england.

blue velvet cake! *googles*  

Date Posted: Feb 03 2011 at 10:15am
f*ck these cravings!Angry i'm baking some banana cake. i don't have everything to attempt red velvet cake but i have nanas 
*shakes fist at uterus* 

i hate that my skin looks sh*tty when i'm on. it looks like i don't believe in moisturising Disapprove
2 3 days then its over

Date Posted: Feb 03 2011 at 11:33am

Shocked

The cake overlord will not be pleased, Arielle.

SHOO!

Angry

Naw, I'm good.  I stay stroking The Cake Overlord.   I pay homage by consuming my weight's worth of strawberry shortcake.  And have you seen my infamous deep dark chocolate with strawberry frosting cupcakes??? ShockedEmbarrassedTongue

Date Posted: Feb 03 2011 at 1:15pm

Naw, I'm good.  I stay stroking The Cake Overlord.   I pay homage by consuming my weight's worth of strawberry shortcake.  And have you seen my infamous deep dark chocolate with strawberry frosting cupcakes??? ShockedEmbarrassedTongue

I would love to um see thoseTongue

Date Posted: Feb 03 2011 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

I would love to um see thoseTongue

I, too, am interested.Stern Smile Research purposes.

Date Posted: Feb 03 2011 at 8:01pm

Craving a Costco Red Velvet Cake right now.

I introduced the general awesomeness of this dessert to my mother--who hates chocolate by the way--and she went and ate more than half of it!  Now all she talks about is Costco Red Velvet Cake.

drolls...i love those big ass cakes. super cheap too...i might go grab one. 

Date Posted: Feb 03 2011 at 8:26pm
Pics and/or recipe Arielle? Evil Smile

Date Posted: Feb 04 2011 at 9:47am

I love how black this turns out!

Print Page | Close Window