Print Page | Close Window

Eggs and Mayo ?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Natural Hair Care
Forum Name: Homemade Hair Recipes
Forum Description: Discussion on HomeMade Hair Recipes.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=292301
Printed Date: Jun 25 2018 at 4:13am

Topic: Eggs and Mayo ?
Posted By: Rachellee92
Subject: Eggs and Mayo ?
Date Posted: Dec 20 2010 at 7:53pm
hmmmmm has anyone tried Eggs and mayo on their hair ?
whats the best thing to use ?

Replies:
Posted By: BunnieHoney
Date Posted: Dec 21 2010 at 12:09pm
Personally, I like using mayo because it not only contains eggs, but it also contains vinegar. The vinegar helps with balancing the ph level in you hair: you get two things for the price of one.

If you chose to use eggs, do not, I repeat, do not use heat and please rinse your hair out with lukewarm to cold water. Beleive me, the eggs will cook in your hair.

Posted By: Triniwithspice
Date Posted: Dec 21 2010 at 12:13pm
I use eggs as my protein treatment once a month..never tried the mayo tho Confused

I just crack an egg and put some olive oil or coconut oil in and leave it in for about 10 mins, but as bunniehoney says..don't use heat.

Date Posted: Dec 21 2010 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by Triniwithspice Triniwithspice wrote:

I use eggs as my protein treatment once a month..never tried the mayo tho Confused

I just crack an egg and put some olive oil or coconut oil in and leave it in for about 10 mins, but as bunniehoney says..don't use heat.
  oh okay. does it help with growth or shine?

Date Posted: Dec 21 2010 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by BunnieHoney BunnieHoney wrote:

Personally, I like using mayo because it not only contains eggs, but it also contains vinegar. The vinegar helps with balancing the ph level in you hair: you get two things for the price of one.

If you chose to use eggs, do not, I repeat, do not use heat and please rinse your hair out with lukewarm to cold water. Beleive me, the eggs will cook in your hair.
  very true ! and lord knows i dont want cooked eggs in my hair lol

Posted By: hairgirl88
Date Posted: Jan 04 2011 at 5:34pm
This works wonders. It smells, but is amazing for shine and strength. I've been doing this every week since I was a child!

Date Posted: Jan 04 2011 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by hairgirl88 hairgirl88 wrote:

This works wonders. It smells, but is amazing for shine and strength. I've been doing this every week since I was a child!
ima try it soon as i take my hairr outt :)

Posted By: mskraizy
Date Posted: Jan 11 2011 at 2:51pm
I love this as a protein treatment. I do it like once every 2 months (or whenever I happen to remember). I use about eggs, mayonnaise, olive oil, jojoba oil, and a few squirts of a cheap condish. Mix that up really well and apply it to my hair. Makes my hair looks so shiny afterwards, and it's also good for strengthening the hair.

Posted By: Benni
Date Posted: Feb 09 2011 at 3:08pm
I love this treatment also !!!!
I add EVOO, and Honey.

Posted By: NoMoreCrappyHai
Date Posted: Mar 20 2011 at 12:34am

OMG! I did not know the eggs would cook in your hair...Wow, that's interesting.

But I know I have been wanting to try the mayo technique, I know on another post on BHM, someone said they use the Olive Oil Mayo they have out now, and she said, she really likes and how it makes her hair feel. 

Posted By: Chanee007
Date Posted: Mar 21 2011 at 12:59am
I just tried it for the first time today. I didn't like how my hair felt sticky afterward, but after I rinsed, and put regular conditioner on it and rinsed again, my hair was super soft, and my bf says it is silkier. I will be trying it again next week.

Posted By: new2dagame
Date Posted: Mar 21 2011 at 2:39pm

I use a mixture of avocado, egg and Ors Mayonaise. I love it!  It smells good and leaves my hair really soft and shiny

Posted By: Annie225
Date Posted: Apr 01 2011 at 5:58pm
I remember when I tried putting an egg in my hair.  It scrambled and was hard to remove.  Never again.

Posted By: Natural_Amber
Date Posted: May 09 2011 at 5:36am
Deep Condition:Avocado,Mayonnaise, Olive Oil and A egg yolk (never use the whole egg) Big smile
Shampoo:Baking SodaShocked
Baking soda and water is so much more healthier for your hair because shampoos have sulfates which in terms dry your hair out completely...Baking soda is a NATURAL ingredient and it works better than shampoo and is cheaper.Approve
My deep conditioning is better than any conditioner I've ever used. It brings back your natural curls. It's affordable and last longer, and lets not mention that it's ALL NATURAL...And what's better than that? Cool
*Rinse everything with cold water, this keeps the frizz down and hair looking tamedWink
You can also put a little coconut oil, jojoba oil or olive oil in a spray bottle, mix it with water and spray your hair in the morning and at night to keep it moisturized all day NATURALLY.Thumbs Up

-------------
Natural Is Beautiful, Bold, Black...Confidence, Courage, Committed

Date Posted: May 10 2011 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Natural_Amber Natural_Amber wrote:

Deep Condition:Avocado,Mayonnaise, Olive Oil and A egg yolk (never use the whole egg) Big smile
Baking soda and water is so much more healthier for your hair because shampoos have sulfates which in terms dry your hair out completely...Baking soda is a NATURAL ingredient and it works better than shampoo and is cheaper.Approve
My deep conditioning is better than any conditioner I've ever used. It brings back your natural curls. It's affordable and last longer, and lets not mention that it's ALL NATURAL...And what's better than that? Cool
*Rinse everything with cold water, this keeps the frizz down and hair looking tamedWink
You can also put a little coconut oil, jojoba oil or olive oil in a spray bottle, mix it with water and spray your hair in the morning and at night to keep it moisturized all day NATURALLY.Thumbs Up
ohhh wow, veryyy good info :)

Posted By: afroqueenz
Date Posted: May 26 2011 at 4:10pm
I've never done it together, I'm still learning here beyond what my mother has taught me over the years.  We always did mayo for moisture and the egg for the protein, so does mixing it make it work better?

Posted By: AllMixedUp88
Date Posted: May 26 2011 at 4:18pm
I like eggs (rinse with cold water or u get scrambled eggs in your hair)

I like yogurt, grapeseed oil, peanut oil, coconut oil 

I do NOT like mayo bc I have curly hair and the smell never leaves

-------------
http://www.vote4bombshell2.blogspot.com

Posted By: izzesparks
Date Posted: May 26 2011 at 8:55pm
I have tried both and love both, sometimes I use them both together with other ingredients. and yes the previous advice is wise, do not use any kind of heat in your hair with eggs, made that mistake once, was picking eggs out of my hair all day and so were other people, it is very hard to rinse it all out once the egg has hardened 

Date Posted: May 26 2011 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by AllMixedUp88 AllMixedUp88 wrote:

I like eggs (rinse with cold water or u get scrambled eggs in your hair)

I like yogurt, grapeseed oil, peanut oil, coconut oil 

I do NOT like mayo bc I have curly hair and the smell never leaves

Yeah, me too, sometimes it doesn't come out for the days, the smell of mayo.

Date Posted: May 28 2011 at 12:52am
Originally posted by Annie225 Annie225 wrote:

I remember when I tried putting an egg in my hair.  It scrambled and was hard to remove.  Never again.

This will happen if you used heat, or even if the water is too warm

Date Posted: May 28 2011 at 12:07pm

How do you use baking soda as a shampoo?

Date Posted: May 28 2011 at 4:49pm

[/QUOTE]

How do you use baking soda as a shampoo?
[/QUOTE]

I have used a mixture of Baking Soda and Conditioner and massaged it onto my scalp. It does a great job.
It is advised, that you should do an Apple Cider Vinegar(an acid) rinse after using Baking Soda (an alkaline) to bring your hair back to a proper pH balance.

HTH

Posted By: redbone.savage
Date Posted: Sep 16 2011 at 10:02am
SO AFTER USING THIS, YOU CANT FLAT IRON UR HAIR OR ANYTHING ???Confused

-------------

Posted By: Loveroflife
Date Posted: Sep 16 2011 at 10:07am
@Annie 225 Your hair scrambled?  haha that is funnyLOL

Posted By: Clivernima
Date Posted: Sep 16 2011 at 9:44pm
 ah.............
a good forum !!
I like these topics you talk!
Tongue
Tongue

-------------
Runescape Gold
RS Gold
Buy RS Gold

Posted By: Coiled up
Date Posted: Jun 25 2012 at 10:10am
You can also use hair mayo sold in almost every beauty supply. Personally I think ima go the organic way and crack open a couple of eggs, slap a tablespoon or two, a lil CO or coconut oil and let it o it's thing. I'm going to try this right after my relaxer (as suggested by many on BHM) but before I neutralize poo. Thank BHM

Posted By: spice415
Date Posted: Jul 12 2012 at 8:31am
The way to get it not to cook in your hair is by mixing it in with your deep condition treatment. When I mix my concoction I mix 2 eggs in the mixture well so it all blends. I wouldn't recommend just breaking an egg over the top of your head for a direct application.

Date Posted: Jul 12 2012 at 11:06am
Ummmmm I never said I was going to crack eggs over my head...??? I do coconut oil, condi, mayo and 2 eggs...I still rinse with cool water bcz the benefits of moisture retention using cool/cold water. This so far has worked grrrrreat for me! No more shedding or hair in the comb after just 3 treatments with my daughter's hair. At this point w hair blogs, Internet, you tube, common sense, and just plain ol' reading you should get an idea of the proper way to do any treatment to your hair.

Posted By: jasmineheaven
Date Posted: Jul 15 2012 at 5:33pm

Will it work the same without the avocado?

Date Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 9:27am
Jasmine, nice recipe thanx!!!! Im so over shampoo knowing what I know now. I now clarify bfr co washing with acv and it works grrrrreat. However? The rare times I feel as though I need a lil poo in my life I lalalalaluv creme if nature argan oil line (sulfate free) or dr. Bronners peppermint...add a lil co to it and BAM! I haven't used the baking soda yet so I researched and it got rave reviews but it did strongly recommend to use acv to balance the PH. Thanx again for the recipe !!!!!!

Posted By: Bmcduffie
Date Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 11:56am
made my hair super soft...

Posted By: Bristal Birita
Date Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 1:20am
I 've tried eggs and curd ... lemme try this mayo n eggs

Date Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 10:54pm
@bristal

Hey girlie, got something great I want to share w you! Plain Greek yogurt has 23g of protein YAAAAAY! No smell. No chance of cooked egg left behind and it's cheap for a big tub 4-7$. I mix it w a lil condish, honey and my fave oil NAPA VALLEY GRAPESEED OIL and/or a lil CO.   I know it worx well bcz when I need the results of a good protein treatment (once a month) I get it. I also nook it in the microwave bcz I have low porosity hair and heat opens my cuticles. You can baggy or a 30 min under dryer...it rinses clean and doesn't scramble when heated LOL!! Try it and make it your own...but the key ingredient is the PGY. Great luck

Posted By: RedSoxtober
Date Posted: Jan 19 2013 at 2:03am
I tried using mayonaise many years ago....it was a waste of mayo for me. Ouch

Posted By: koffeebeans
Date Posted: Mar 21 2013 at 9:17am
Oh yes, mayo hun, mayo. Beware: it's gonna stink. But it's goodness for your hair if you can venture through the..... 'aroma' lol Wink

Posted By: mirajonson
Date Posted: Mar 30 2013 at 11:05am
I`ve tried eggs and mayo, it seemed to work for me.

Posted By: hairfanatic501
Date Posted: Apr 02 2013 at 6:40pm
Eggs and Mayo worked for my hair. Made it softer and easier to comb through.   

Posted By: LaurenNicole
Date Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 1:11pm
I tried this but it made my hair hard =/ Maybe I'll try it again

Date Posted: Oct 17 2013 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by koffeebeans koffeebeans wrote:

Oh yes, mayo hun, mayo. Beware: it's gonna stink. But it's goodness for your hair if you can venture through the..... 'aroma' lol Wink

I've also used Eggs and Mayo with Honey. I love it !!!!!

Posted By: BHappy_01
Date Posted: Aug 31 2014 at 10:15pm
Wow! That sounds like a great mixture that would work well on my hair.  I have been natural for almost 2 years now but I kept weave in my hair until my hair grew out.  Now I want to wear my natural hair with out weave but it was lacking protein and it was very dry and brittle.  I mixed two egg yolks and too teaspoons of olive oil together and it did wonders.  I have always heard about using eggs in your hair but I just recently decided to http://www.instantrewardspays.com/behappy%20 - try it and I am so satisfied with the results. My next treatment will be your mixture though.  I really want to try the avocado, I have been reading alot about that.

Posted By: Keezyanduknoit
Date Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 12:02pm

ive used eggs not mayo...

Posted By: shardtorch
Date Posted: Oct 07 2014 at 10:59am
Hello, I haven't tried eggs on my hair but I did put mayonnaise on my hair when I was still in high school. It made my hair soft and shiny. Just remember to wash twice and rinse your hair properly.

Posted By: CammiCutie
Date Posted: Oct 23 2014 at 10:59pm
cook eggs in hair...lolLOL gonna have a try with mayo

Print Page | Close Window