Forum Name: Weaves / Extensions
Forum Description: Discussions on Weaves
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=288530
Printed Date: Sep 23 2017 at 6:54am

Topic: Closure Density
Posted By: GA_Diva
Subject: Closure Density
Date Posted: Nov 22 2010 at 2:15pm
What is the best way to thin out a already installed closure?

Replies:
Posted By: DIVA007
Date Posted: Nov 22 2010 at 5:52pm
I find this easy to use if the hair is already installed. http://www.chicksaddlery.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/TC2495.JPG

Posted By: marie67
Date Posted: Nov 22 2010 at 5:56pm

If the base density is too thick there isn't too much you can do ,because  the hair is placed very close together on the base when it was ventilated.  If you use the razor to texturize the hair, you will still have a thick base in the crown area while the hair is thinned. The only other option is to take some tweezers and pick out some hair one by one from the base,however this requires great skill and patience. Now if the base is ok but the hair is too thick then use  a razor to thin it out.

Date Posted: Nov 23 2010 at 12:32pm
Thank you ladies

Posted By: Yumppie1
Date Posted: Nov 24 2010 at 8:31am
To all the ladies who wear closures......What density is the best to achieve a natural appearence?

Posted By: Hotlanta Peach
Date Posted: Nov 24 2010 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by marie67 marie67 wrote:

If the base density is too thick there isn't too much you can do ,because  the hair is placed very close together on the base when it was ventilated.  If you use the razor to texturize the hair, you will still have a thick base in the crown area while the hair is thinned. The only other option is to take some tweezers and pick out some hair one by one from the base,however this requires great skill and patience. Now if the base is ok but the hair is too thick then use  a razor to thin it out.

This.

I was going to suggest getting some tweezers and pluck random strands but i didnt because i thought it may may compromise the closure base.  But after thinking about it, it's an excellent idea.

Posted By: pretty_agot
Date Posted: Nov 25 2010 at 11:45am
nice thread...LOL

Date Posted: Dec 04 2010 at 6:54am
Originally posted by DIVA007 DIVA007 wrote:

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">I find this easy to use if the hair is already installed. http://www.chicksaddlery.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/TC2495.JPG

I am going try this, thanks

Posted By: prettykey
Date Posted: Dec 05 2010 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by marie67 marie67 wrote:

^^ Great answer. I'm going to try the tweezers. Hoping I don't damage the base!

Posted By: Yardgirl
Date Posted: Dec 05 2010 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by Yumppie1 Yumppie1 wrote:

To all the ladies who wear closures......What density is the best to achieve a natural appearence?
I think people prefer 80% density.

Posted By: MAHALO
Date Posted: Dec 05 2010 at 6:20pm

I've used the tweezer method on silk closures and the ladies upstairs use the tweezer method on lace wigs. It's tedious but you get a good result if you take your time.

Date Posted: Dec 06 2010 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by MAHALO MAHALO wrote:

I've used the tweezer method on silk closures and the ladies upstairs use the tweezer method on lace wigs. It's tedious but you get a good result if you take your time.

I'm a little scare to try this method. Lol

Posted By: Hateharder
Date Posted: Dec 06 2010 at 11:09pm
No, No, NO! Thinning shears! not the razor, you'll give yourself a beard & there will be little hairs sticking up, will  you will get frustrated with & then will have to pluck out. hold the hair up, start at the base place the shears on the hair like a scissor at the base &slowly & gently pull up. Thins out hair like greatness.

Posted By: MikoCee
Date Posted: Dec 07 2010 at 9:05am
I actually tweezed a closure I thought was too dense yesterday. The closure was too dense for a natural side parting so I only had to tweeze a straight line for the parting. I didnt think it was too bad actually, but I do think the snugging and pulling on the closure could destroy it. After a while I got really impatient and I took a pair of scissors and cut the hair off from the base/root.. and that was much faster. HTH..

Date Posted: Dec 07 2010 at 10:54am
Originally posted by Hateharder Hateharder wrote:

No, No, NO! Thinning shears! not the razor, you'll give yourself a beard & there will be little hairs sticking up, will  you will get frustrated with & then will have to pluck out. hold the hair up, start at the base place the shears on the hair like a scissor at the base &slowly & gently pull up. Thins out hair like greatness.

Thank you hateharder Smile

Posted By: Hateharder
Date Posted: Dec 09 2010 at 1:12pm
lol your welcome. i felt like I was pushing you from the front of a bus lol

Print Page | Close Window