Print Page | Close Window

Post your texturizer results...Pretty Please :)

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Hair Care
Forum Name: Texturizers
Forum Description: Discussions on Texturizers
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=279022
Printed Date: Dec 11 2017 at 8:01pm


Topic: Post your texturizer results...Pretty Please :)
Posted By: Mrs.Me
Subject: Post your texturizer results...Pretty Please :)
Date Posted: Sep 07 2010 at 3:22pm
I'm having a hard time finding photos of texturizer or curly perm results on real people. Especially for us type 4's. So I was hoping to start a thread of just results. Please post photos of your results, hair type and which brand you are using. All types of brands are welcome (S-Curl, Carefree, Duke, Wave Nouveau or texlaxing)
Thank you in advance.   



Replies:
Posted By: Lrigyttiw
Date Posted: Sep 21 2010 at 3:58pm
I've been textlaxing for a year. I had a major setback in August, but onward I march.
 
 
Actually, my hair is a bit longer. These pictures were taken in August and the beginning of September. I'm in dire need of a touchup, but I wrecked my hair removing the color (then turning around to textlax) and it's coming out. I've done two Aphogee 2 Step Treatments (spaced 6 weeks apart).
 
I use Silk Elements MegaSilk Mild Formula relaxer.  I believe I'm a 4a before textlaxing.


Posted By: kristenshair
Date Posted: Sep 23 2010 at 3:36pm
^ your hair is sooo pretty ! how long do you leave the relaxer on for ?


Posted By: Lrigyttiw
Date Posted: Sep 24 2010 at 1:11pm
Supposedly 5-7 minutes, but this last time, instead of doing two sections (front and back), I did it all at the same time, and paid the price for that stupid manuever. The back processed too long, and my hair came out on the left side and a little in the back middle. Luckily, with my hair being as curly and full, you can't really tell. I'm scared to touch the relaxer now, and I'm badly in need of a touch up. Sometimes I can get really bored with my hair, and I start doing things. What caused it to break was a couple a weeks before, I decided to remove the color from my hair. I don't even want to think about it. I think I'm just going to touch up my edges, but not the rest of my hair.


Posted By: Choongy
Date Posted: Sep 24 2010 at 7:31pm
pretty!!! Clap


Posted By: MissprettiRed
Date Posted: Sep 24 2010 at 7:49pm
this is pretty..


Posted By: AfroBella
Date Posted: Oct 26 2010 at 1:08pm

First texlax ever.  Loving it so far.  Now just learning which products will do what as far as styling goes Embarrassed

TexLax Day 3This is day three of my Texlax.  I cowashed the previous products out and styled this time with curls by donna marie.  Gives a fuller dryer look  although this product did not work for me at ALL prior to texlax.  It just sat on top of my 4a/4b hair and stayed puffy. I also cowashed because I had read on here about the potential for reversion....So far so good! no reversionClap


Posted By: AfroBella
Date Posted: Oct 26 2010 at 1:11pm
Sorry for the tiny pic.  Still learning my way around BHMOuch
TexLax Day 3Hope this on is a bit better


Posted By: Cookiez189
Date Posted: Oct 27 2010 at 7:53am
THIS THREAD NEEDS MORE PICS!!!
 


Posted By: AfroBella
Date Posted: Oct 27 2010 at 8:42am
Originally posted by Cookiez189 Cookiez189 wrote:

THIS THREAD NEEDS MORE PICS!!!
 
Thumbs UpI agree Cookiez189!  Especially since the whole texlaxing threads was one of the BEST things that I found!  I was so frustrated with my  type4 natural hair that I was about to try some CRAZY things until I found the texlax thread and saw the few examples which really encouraged me! 
 
So PLEEEEEEEEEEEZE post ladies Cry


Posted By: Lrigyttiw
Date Posted: Oct 30 2010 at 1:11pm
  http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_kUzO4qYjfIc/TL06ort0AUI/AAAAAAAADPI/08ak0axg6BM/s1600/10+18+2010+full+textlax+%285%29.JPG" rel="nofollow">


Posted By: Lrigyttiw
Date Posted: Oct 30 2010 at 1:13pm
My hair growth journey started here on April 2009 - took my boyfriend's clippers and shaved my head:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_kUzO4qYjfIc/S8ydStlKqlI/AAAAAAAACyw/zCLG3nAXLO4/s1600/04+19+2009+%283%29.JPG" rel="nofollow">
 
Various months and stages of growth in 2010:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_kUzO4qYjfIc/TJ0v_fYhkuI/AAAAAAAADMk/dC5Pj_DA39c/s1600/09+23+2010+%2811%29.JPG" rel="nofollow">   http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_kUzO4qYjfIc/TFYcDoSBY2I/AAAAAAAADDU/OPu7J0vTbig/s1600/08+01+2010+aphogee+2+step+treatment+%285%29.JPG" rel="nofollow">  
 
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_kUzO4qYjfIc/TFYcDJTMAlI/AAAAAAAADDM/DRYZsUc8a6E/s1600/08+01+2010+aphogee+2+step+treatment+%283%29.JPG" rel="nofollow">   http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_kUzO4qYjfIc/TFYcCzsX1CI/AAAAAAAADDE/cuAwNZ1TXQQ/s1600/08+01+2010+aphogee+2+step+treatment+%284%29.JPG" rel="nofollow">
 
  http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_kUzO4qYjfIc/TFYcCdJ2avI/AAAAAAAADC8/e5C3pZI269I/s1600/08+01+2010+aphogee+2+step+treatment+%286%29.JPG" rel="nofollow">   http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_kUzO4qYjfIc/TE-0e60j_1I/AAAAAAAADBk/stHf8zy9viQ/s1600/07+27+2010+%282%29.JPG" rel="nofollow">
 
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_kUzO4qYjfIc/TE-0ggk3lGI/AAAAAAAADCE/gIhpJJreVfk/s1600/07+27+2010.JPG" rel="nofollow">   http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_kUzO4qYjfIc/TE-0f5NnitI/AAAAAAAADB0/-ZsDPT-QZEs/s1600/07+27+2010+%284%29.JPG" rel="nofollow">
 
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_kUzO4qYjfIc/TBm89Ft7NOI/AAAAAAAAC_Q/LBuN4ZkO7gc/s1600/06+16+2010+%2814%29.JPG" rel="nofollow">   http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_kUzO4qYjfIc/TBm9k9b6khI/AAAAAAAAC_Y/tZczoX_QUkQ/s1600/06+16+2010+%2822%29.JPG" rel="nofollow">  
 
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_kUzO4qYjfIc/S_g4yIP15AI/AAAAAAAAC7I/XLJr7GbZ8t0/s1600/05+22+2010+%288%29.JPG" rel="nofollow">
 
most recent (this month):
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_kUzO4qYjfIc/TL078GZ-FHI/AAAAAAAADPw/xlcM0hqcUzg/s1600/10+18+2010+full+textlax+%2816%29.JPG" rel="nofollow -    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_kUzO4qYjfIc/TL076b7e5jI/AAAAAAAADPY/1XCVazFoMqk/s1600/10+18+2010+full+textlax+%283%29.JPG" rel="nofollow">
For those who want to know, all I use on my hair is conditioner. I use MegaTek once a month (when I think about it). I wash my hair once a month, but I co-wash every week (except on the shampoo week). I use over the counter stuff like Tressemme Moisture Rich or Smooth & Silky, I use the Organix brand (love the Vanilla Silk), I use the 99 cents VO5 conditioners and the cheap Suave conditioners also. I think the best thing for me is not applying any heat to my hair. When I want to wear my hair straight (which is not often), I'll put on a lace wig. Other than that, I'm just a wash and go gal.


Posted By: AfroBella
Date Posted: Nov 04 2010 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by Lrigyttiw Lrigyttiw wrote:

My hair growth journey started here on April 2009 - took my boyfriend's clippers and shaved my head:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_kUzO4qYjfIc/S8ydStlKqlI/AAAAAAAACyw/zCLG3nAXLO4/s1600/04+19+2009+%283%29.JPG" rel="nofollow">
 
Various months and stages of growth in 2010:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_kUzO4qYjfIc/TJ0v_fYhkuI/AAAAAAAADMk/dC5Pj_DA39c/s1600/09+23+2010+%2811%29.JPG" rel="nofollow">   http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_kUzO4qYjfIc/TFYcDoSBY2I/AAAAAAAADDU/OPu7J0vTbig/s1600/08+01+2010+aphogee+2+step+treatment+%285%29.JPG" rel="nofollow">  
 
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_kUzO4qYjfIc/TFYcDJTMAlI/AAAAAAAADDM/DRYZsUc8a6E/s1600/08+01+2010+aphogee+2+step+treatment+%283%29.JPG" rel="nofollow">   http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_kUzO4qYjfIc/TFYcCzsX1CI/AAAAAAAADDE/cuAwNZ1TXQQ/s1600/08+01+2010+aphogee+2+step+treatment+%284%29.JPG" rel="nofollow">
 
  http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_kUzO4qYjfIc/TFYcCdJ2avI/AAAAAAAADC8/e5C3pZI269I/s1600/08+01+2010+aphogee+2+step+treatment+%286%29.JPG" rel="nofollow">   http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_kUzO4qYjfIc/TE-0e60j_1I/AAAAAAAADBk/stHf8zy9viQ/s1600/07+27+2010+%282%29.JPG" rel="nofollow">
 
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_kUzO4qYjfIc/TE-0ggk3lGI/AAAAAAAADCE/gIhpJJreVfk/s1600/07+27+2010.JPG" rel="nofollow">   http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_kUzO4qYjfIc/TE-0f5NnitI/AAAAAAAADB0/-ZsDPT-QZEs/s1600/07+27+2010+%284%29.JPG" rel="nofollow">
 
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_kUzO4qYjfIc/TBm89Ft7NOI/AAAAAAAAC_Q/LBuN4ZkO7gc/s1600/06+16+2010+%2814%29.JPG" rel="nofollow">   http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_kUzO4qYjfIc/TBm9k9b6khI/AAAAAAAAC_Y/tZczoX_QUkQ/s1600/06+16+2010+%2822%29.JPG" rel="nofollow">  
 
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_kUzO4qYjfIc/S_g4yIP15AI/AAAAAAAAC7I/XLJr7GbZ8t0/s1600/05+22+2010+%288%29.JPG" rel="nofollow">
 
most recent (this month):
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_kUzO4qYjfIc/TL078GZ-FHI/AAAAAAAADPw/xlcM0hqcUzg/s1600/10+18+2010+full+textlax+%2816%29.JPG" rel="nofollow -    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_kUzO4qYjfIc/TL076b7e5jI/AAAAAAAADPY/1XCVazFoMqk/s1600/10+18+2010+full+textlax+%283%29.JPG" rel="nofollow">
For those who want to know, all I use on my hair is conditioner. I use MegaTek once a month (when I think about it). I wash my hair once a month, but I co-wash every week (except on the shampoo week). I use over the counter stuff like Tressemme Moisture Rich or Smooth & Silky, I use the Organix brand (love the Vanilla Silk), I use the 99 cents VO5 conditioners and the cheap Suave conditioners also. I think the best thing for me is not applying any heat to my hair. When I want to wear my hair straight (which is not often), I'll put on a lace wig. Other than that, I'm just a wash and go gal.
I LOVE your hair!  You are on my list for TexLax Shero!  Which of the conditioners that you use are safe for Leave in/Conditioner only methods? Which is your favorite?


Posted By: Lrigyttiw
Date Posted: Nov 04 2010 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by Lrigyttiw Lrigyttiw wrote:

For those who want to know, all I use on my hair is conditioner. I use MegaTek once a month (when I think about it). I wash my hair once a month, but I co-wash every week (except on the shampoo week). I use over the counter stuff like Tressemme Moisture Rich or Smooth & Silky, I use the Organix brand (love the Vanilla Silk), I use the 99 cents VO5 conditioners and the cheap Suave conditioners also. I think the best thing for me is not applying any heat to my hair. When I want to wear my hair straight (which is not often), I'll put on a lace wig. Other than that, I'm just a wash and go gal.
 
Originally posted by AfroBella AfroBella wrote:

I LOVE your hair!  You are on my list for TexLax Shero!  Which of the conditioners that you use are safe for Leave in/Conditioner only methods? Which is your favorite?
 
Lol... everything I listed in my paragraph. I use a different conditioner everyday. I lightly rinse my hair in the mornings just to get it wet, so I know I have a little build up from the day before. Then I use the conditioner as a leave in. I love the Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship right now. I also love the Tressemme lines I mentioned above. I really love Silk Elements Luxury Moisturizing conditioner. It smells so good.  I'm not into figuring out cones and stuff like that. If it smells good, I'm buying it.
 
An important thing to note - I only comb my hair maybe once or twice a month. All the other days, I just finger comb my hair and let it airdry.


Posted By: AfroBella
Date Posted: Nov 05 2010 at 11:52am
Thank you!  I am going to try some of the conditioners you mentioned and try the conditioner only method.  Big smile  I'm with you on the cones and what not.  My hair is so difficult sometimes I simply have to use what works..cones, mineral oils, carnuba waxes,sulfates, lol ...whatever works, I cant be trippin!  LOL


Posted By: hautsdeseine
Date Posted: Nov 07 2010 at 4:09pm
Your hair look so good... And you had hudge growth in 1.5 year congrats. I just big choped like you i hope in 1.5 i will acheive your length. Do you tave vits?


Posted By: Lrigyttiw
Date Posted: Nov 08 2010 at 11:26am
I used to. When I can remember, I take 5000 mgs of Biotin. I think my success with growth is to just leave my hair alone, meaning, not comb it that often and absolutely no heat. I either use a headband, little clippy things in the front, or slicking it back into a puff with Ecogel and conditioner.


Posted By: skittles2j
Date Posted: Nov 08 2010 at 12:25pm

That is too cute.  I'm going to have to give that a try.  Have you ever tried to straigten it?  What's the outcome when you do?  Do you have any pictures of that?

cj  http://HairStoreAddict.com" rel="nofollow - http://HairStoreAddict.com



Posted By: Lrigyttiw
Date Posted: Nov 09 2010 at 2:15am

skittles2j, I will never straighten my hair again. If I want straight hair, I'll put on a straight lace wig, which is not that often. I've come to accept my curly hair as is. I also like that my hair doesn't look like everyone else's. That Chris Rock movie really hit home for me. The less I have to do to it, the better off I am.



Posted By: HoneyS7
Date Posted: Nov 09 2010 at 2:23am
I loovvve your hair texture LRIGY!!!


Posted By: candycan
Date Posted: Nov 28 2010 at 4:24pm
I'm trying to post pics of my texturized but the copy paste method not working.  How do you post pics? Thanks!  Sorry for being totally computer challenged


Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Dec 14 2010 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by candycan candycan wrote:

I'm trying to post pics of my texturized but the copy paste method not working.  How do you post pics? Thanks!  Sorry for being totally computer challenged


tinypic.com



Posted By: demilee27
Date Posted: Dec 17 2010 at 1:17am
what is texlax?


Posted By: ChrANGist
Date Posted: Dec 17 2010 at 6:37pm



Posted By: ChrANGist
Date Posted: Dec 17 2010 at 6:41pm
Awww Gee, I was trying to post a text result. Sorry so big and blurry. I tried the tiny pic thingy.


Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Dec 18 2010 at 8:19am
Originally posted by ChrANGist ChrANGist wrote:

Awww Gee, I was trying to post a text result. Sorry so big and blurry. I tried the tiny pic thingy.


you can adjust the pic were it says resize



Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Dec 18 2010 at 8:24am



Posted By: Lrigyttiw
Date Posted: Dec 23 2010 at 2:12am
^^Tatee, I love your hair!!!


Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Dec 23 2010 at 7:42am
Originally posted by Lrigyttiw Lrigyttiw wrote:

^^Tatee, I love your hair!!!


thank you


Posted By: Browngirlchinkyeyes
Date Posted: Jan 07 2011 at 8:46pm

what kind of relaxers are you using?



Posted By: BlackAngelPlayah
Date Posted: Jan 09 2011 at 2:34am
This topic is so interesting to me, because I'm thinking of doing this. I'm locked right now. ( nearly 5 1/2 years now!!) And I'm in the process of taking them down. I would just go plain and natural with no issues what so ever with just leaving it natural, but DH wants me to at LEAST texlax it, so that's what I'll do. (Hello, 1954!!! :Dead) Anyway, I'm new so I guess I should introduce myself officially first 'fo' I just start runnin' my big azz mouth up in here.  TongueTongueTongueTongue
Jen


Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Jan 09 2011 at 6:43am
Originally posted by Browngirlchinkyeyes Browngirlchinkyeyes wrote:

what kind of relaxers are you using?



i've only ever had my hair texturized at a salon.  when i first started she was using S-curl.  I really like the results and had really nice curls.  she then switched to PCJ and i didnt like the results as well, it made the hair too loose.



Posted By: Renae
Date Posted: Jan 12 2011 at 7:39pm
HI tatee--would you post your entire texlax regimen?
 
How long do you keep the relaxer on your hair and the process you use?
What do you do after you wash at home? What products do you use? Do you air dry o use hair dryer etc.
 
Please, I'd really appreciate it if you would give a step by step--thanks!


Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Jan 13 2011 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by Renae Renae wrote:

HI tatee--would you post your entire texlax regimen?i'll try but i can tell this isnt going to be funLOL
 
How long do you keep the relaxer on your hair and the process you use? ive never, ever texturized my own hair.  its only been done by one stylist that I trust.
Zupreme has a really good thread on texlaxing:

how to texlax: update!



What do you do after you wash at home? What products do you use? Do you air dry o use hair dryer etc. I see i have to make another post for this
 
Please, I'd really appreciate it if you would give a step by step--thanks!


Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Jan 13 2011 at 2:18pm
http://forum2.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=255555&title=how-to-texlax-update" rel="nofollow - how to texlax


Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Jan 13 2011 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by Renae Renae wrote:

What do you do after you wash at home? What products do you use? Do you air dry o use hair dryer

Shampoo- 1x a month.  right now i really like HE Hydralicious  self targeting shampoo.  but im not really picky with shampoos.

Deep Condition-  I DC 1x week.  im lazy so i may leave it in for a day or 2 b4 rinsing it outEmbarrassed

Conditioner-  I condition 1x-3x a week depending on the season and how my hair feels

Liquid leave-in-spray  I make my own concoction of infusium/aloe vera juice/oils/gycerin (i use after every wash year around)

Moisturizer-  Cantu shea butter (only in late spring and summer)
                                         or
                     Homemade mixture of activator gel/coco butter/oil (spring and summer)
                                         or
                     100% aloe vera gel (winter)
                     (i use about 2 or 3 table spoons for my entire head)

Oils- I use a mixture of (coconut oil, sunflower oil, and wheat germ oil)
        castor oil
        I never use more than 4 drops of oil for my entire head.


Creamy moisturizers- Roots of Nature shea butter green tea
                                         or
                                   HE LTR leave-in
                                  (i use mostly on my ends dime size amount)


I use very little of each of these product.  when my hair is dry or i need to re-activate the product thats already on my hair, i either spray on the leave-in mixture or use a conditioning cap over night.


Posted By: Lonisha87
Date Posted: May 09 2011 at 12:02pm
Your hair is very pretty tatee that's what I want mine to look like


Posted By: Nubenap22
Date Posted: May 09 2011 at 4:50pm
So Tatee....what method did you use to texturize and do you have before and after pics?


Posted By: lexie636
Date Posted: May 14 2011 at 8:09pm
ClapClapClapClapClap
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:




Posted By: equestrian
Date Posted: Jun 05 2011 at 10:42pm
 
 
 
 
texlaxed


Posted By: candygrl2467
Date Posted: Jun 07 2011 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by equestrian equestrian wrote:

 
 
 
 
texlaxed


do you mind me asking you what type of hair you had before the texlax? And what type of texturizer you have in and how long you left it in?


Posted By: candygrl2467
Date Posted: Jun 07 2011 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:




same question to you if you dont mind.


do you mind me asking you what type of hair you had before the texlax? And what type of texturizer you have in and how long your stylist leaves it in? Also where is your stylist located?


Posted By: equestrian
Date Posted: Jun 09 2011 at 10:29am
@candygrl2467,
 
I have 4a/4b hair, a mixture of the two.  Alot of my natural curls (non texlaxed) are about the size of the spring on the inside of a click pen.  Some of the curls are even smaller than that, but none of my strands actually zig zag.
 
After texlaxing, they loosen to what you see.  I do it myself, I use Creme of Nature Super relaxer and leave it on for about 5-8ish minutes.  If I leave the relaxer in a lil too long, I take and put some sulfur 8 grease on my hair and that brings some curl back.
 
Hope I helped? Smile


Posted By: LetMeFixMyHurr
Date Posted: Aug 04 2011 at 3:36pm
Man I want to tex lax sooooooooo bad! But I'm nervous, lol... Maybe I will do one little section and see how it takes...


Posted By: iGotSunshine
Date Posted: Aug 11 2011 at 9:29am
Originally posted by LetMeFixMyHurr LetMeFixMyHurr wrote:

Man I want to tex lax sooooooooo bad! But I'm nervous, lol... Maybe I will do one little section and see how it takes...
 
 
I just did my edges last night because they are 4A and I couldn't get them to lay down for anything lol. The rest of my hair is 3b-3c but those damn edges ugh lol.
 
I used the Just for Me Softener (it comes with activator and sunflower seed oil) and i put it on the front of my hair and the sides for about 5 minutes.. It's straight with a loose wave now.
 
So if you're going to do it I would use a relaxer but mix in some type of oil (virgin olive oil is fine) to weaken it a little bit.


-------------
“Don't be in a hurry to condemn because he doesn't do what you do or think as you think or as fast. There was a time when you didn't know what you know today.”
― Malcolm X


Posted By: LetMeFixMyHurr
Date Posted: Aug 11 2011 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by iGotSunshine iGotSunshine wrote:

Originally posted by LetMeFixMyHurr LetMeFixMyHurr wrote:

Man I want to tex lax sooooooooo bad! But I'm nervous, lol... Maybe I will do one little section and see how it takes...
 
 

I just did my edges last night because they are 4A and I couldn't get them to lay down for anything lol. The rest of my hair is 3b-3c but those damn edges ugh lol.

 

I used the Just for Me Softener (it comes with activator and sunflower seed oil) and i put it on the front of my hair and the sides for about 5 minutes.. It's straight with a loose wave now.

 

So if you're going to do it I would use a relaxer but mix in some type of oil (virgin olive oil is fine) to weaken it a little bit.


Okay. I'm thinking about using the mazani butter blends and adding some olive oil or something to it...


Posted By: thebombdotkom
Date Posted: Aug 12 2011 at 9:41am
Originally posted by equestrian equestrian wrote:

@candygrl2467,
 
I have 4a/4b hair, a mixture of the two.  Alot of my natural curls (non texlaxed) are about the size of the spring on the inside of a click pen.  Some of the curls are even smaller than that, but none of my strands actually zig zag.
 
After texlaxing, they loosen to what you see.  I do it myself, I use Creme of Nature Super relaxer and leave it on for about 5-8ish minutes.  If I leave the relaxer in a lil too long, I take and put some sulfur 8 grease on my hair and that brings some curl back.
 
Hope I helped? Smile


Your hair looks good! Do you just follow the instructions on the box or do you add oil & stuff to doctor it up?




Posted By: LetMeFixMyHurr
Date Posted: Aug 12 2011 at 12:53pm
*


Posted By: karkar28
Date Posted: Dec 26 2011 at 10:27pm
this post really makes me wanna do this now 


Posted By: NaturallyMickee
Date Posted: Feb 04 2012 at 12:34am
hmmmm im contemplating.......

-------------
Big chop 1-11-11

2YEARs NATURAL!!!
**fOCUSING ON HEALTHY HAIR FOR 2013**
<<**YEAR 3 WILL BE MY BEST**>>
*Goals*
EL NL SL {FSL} APL BSL



Posted By: KunoichiNindroid
Date Posted: Feb 10 2012 at 2:46am
Oh wow! I wish I knew about texlaxing way back. I've always wanted that type of hair :( I thought you had to be born with it


Posted By: SweetBlueTee
Date Posted: Feb 10 2012 at 8:45pm
Me 2!!! i've recently went from transitioning to natural to back to using a relaxer.. if i knew how to do this.. i wud have done this instead!!! ahhhh.. one day.....


Posted By: samiro
Date Posted: Feb 20 2012 at 12:49pm







My hair is naturally in the 4's. I'm not sure exactly what my hair type is because I've been fully, bone straight relaxed for like ever. But anyway, I used just for me and I've been transitioning to texlaxed for a year (2/12/11 - now) and I loooooove it :P I still have relaxed ends I'm not ready to let go of though lol.




I dyed my hair with manic panic's rock and roll red and raven's black. I meant for the two colors to be seperate, but I effed up and they mixed a bit, but I like it.


In the pics, I'm sporting a wash and go. Moisturizer + that kinky curly gel like stuff(i don't feel like getting up to see the actual name of it)

-------------
I'm a peacock, you gotta let me fly!

Apl - {BSB}-BSl - mbl - wL - hl-tbl


Posted By: AS82
Date Posted: Feb 27 2012 at 10:07am
@samiro did you have any color or bleaching on your hair before using Manic Panic? I want to try a red but I'm nervous.


Posted By: BoutThatLife
Date Posted: Feb 28 2012 at 10:58pm
samiro, that's cute. How long do you leave the relaxer in and what type do you use?


Posted By: samiro
Date Posted: Feb 29 2012 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by AS82 AS82 wrote:

@samiro did you have any color or bleaching on your hair before using Manic Panic? I want to try a red but I'm nervous.





Yes, I bleached my hair with manic panic's flash lightening kit, but I did in small sections and left it on for like less than a minute per section so it didn't lighten all that much. I've heard of some women using henna and then a manic panic red afterwards and getting a nice color though. The parts that I didn't bleach only appeared reddish in the sunlight.

-------------
I'm a peacock, you gotta let me fly!

Apl - {BSB}-BSl - mbl - wL - hl-tbl


Posted By: samiro
Date Posted: Feb 29 2012 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by BoutThatLife BoutThatLife wrote:

samiro, that's cute. How long do you leave the relaxer in and what type do you use?




I used Just For Me Texture Softener and I have no idea how long I left it in. I left it in until my curls felt loose enough.

-------------
I'm a peacock, you gotta let me fly!

Apl - {BSB}-BSl - mbl - wL - hl-tbl


Posted By: SuperKam
Date Posted: Mar 10 2012 at 4:55pm
Hello Ladies!

My first post and it's to show some nice results from my recent texlax...


I was relaxed most of my life. Then I did the BC back in September of 2011 after transitioning briefly for about 6 months. I went natural for 4 months before I decided to texlax a few days ago. I had fun getting to learn my natural hair, but my natural hair was a lot more work for me.

The major differences between my natural hair and my texlaxed hair is just my curls were loosened which created a greater definition because they weren't as tightly coiled and it retains moisture better (my natural hair was a SPONGE and ALWAYS thirsty). And while my natural hair was never nappy or tangled, on the rare occasion that I do use my Denmark brush - it did not "catch" on any edges or ends.

In the pictures above, I had Creme of Nature Leave-in-Conditioner, Castor oil and Ecogel OLIVE OIL edition on it after a wash-n-go. :)

My daily regime includes a shampoo with Aussie Moist Shampoo, Suave Humectant Conditioner, and then the above, though most days I go without the gel. About once or twice a month I deep condition (Queen Helen's Cholesterol with Oils) and do a protein treatment (Aphogee 2-minute). And every two weeks I also wash with Roux Porosity control.

I will also mix Aphogee Leave-in-Conditioner with my Creme of Nature as Aphogee is mostly a protein leave-in. And too much protein tends to dry my hair out and make it crunchy.

I use a variety of other oils such as Virgin Coconut Oil, EVOO, and Grapeseed oil. I also will go without the leave-in and simply not rinse out the Suave Humectant, but I find Suave to not be as "creamy" and more watery and my hair needs a balance of creamy and smooth so I'll swap out with Aussie Moist Conditioner or Tresemme.



Posted By: SuperKam
Date Posted: Mar 10 2012 at 5:22pm
Whoops! Issues with the pictures coming up...

http://i42.tinypic.com/amb393.jpg - http://i42.tinypic.com/amb393.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/rm1s01.jpg - http://i40.tinypic.com/rm1s01.jpg

Originally posted by SuperKam SuperKam wrote:

Hello Ladies!

My first post and it's to show some nice results from my recent texlax...

I was relaxed most of my life. Then I did the BC back in September of 2011 after transitioning briefly for about 6 months. I went natural for 4 months before I decided to texlax a few days ago. I had fun getting to learn my natural hair, but my natural hair was a lot more work for me.

The major differences between my natural hair and my texlaxed hair is just my curls were loosened which created a greater definition because they weren't as tightly coiled and it retains moisture better (my natural hair was a SPONGE and ALWAYS thirsty). And while my natural hair was never nappy or tangled, on the rare occasion that I do use my Denmark brush - it did not "catch" on any edges or ends.

In the pictures above, I had Creme of Nature Leave-in-Conditioner, Castor oil and Ecogel OLIVE OIL edition on it after a wash-n-go. :)

My daily regime includes a shampoo with Aussie Moist Shampoo, Suave Humectant Conditioner, and then the above, though most days I go without the gel. About once or twice a month I deep condition (Queen Helen's Cholesterol with Oils) and do a protein treatment (Aphogee 2-minute). And every two weeks I also wash with Roux Porosity control.

I will also mix Aphogee Leave-in-Conditioner with my Creme of Nature as Aphogee is mostly a protein leave-in. And too much protein tends to dry my hair out and make it crunchy.

I use a variety of other oils such as Virgin Coconut Oil, EVOO, and Grapeseed oil. I also will go without the leave-in and simply not rinse out the Suave Humectant, but I find Suave to not be as "creamy" and more watery and my hair needs a balance of creamy and smooth so I'll swap out with Aussie Moist Conditioner or Tresemme.



Posted By: hairADDICT
Date Posted: Mar 16 2012 at 8:39pm
aaww i wish mine came out like that , i really don't like it  . it looks like a relaxer that didn' t take well . no curls really , just weird waves and some straight parts ...


Posted By: DEE80
Date Posted: Mar 18 2012 at 11:58am
Pretty hair, SuperKam.

I texlaxed in Jan. but didn't like how my hair felt, so I shaved it all off. I have an inch of hair all over now. IF I ever consider consider using chemicals again, which at the moment, I have no desire, I would just relax it. When I used to self relax, my hair was texlaxed, but I didn't add any oils to the mix.


Posted By: myoic
Date Posted: Apr 16 2012 at 3:51pm
3 years ago, I went natural for 4 months and my hair broke off as a result of it. For the last 9 months, I relaxe my hair for 10 minutes. I prefered this method because I avoided the BIG CHOP. I wear weaves as a protective style. I wouldn't have it any other way. :) Unfortunately I have no pic OP


Posted By: DEE80
Date Posted: Apr 16 2012 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by myoic myoic wrote:

3 years ago, I went natural for 4 months and my hair broke off as a result of it. For the last 9 months, I relaxe my hair for 10 minutes. I prefered this method because I avoided the BIG CHOP. I wear weaves as a protective style. I wouldn't have it any other way. :) Unfortunately I have no pic OP


Were you transitioning or were you completely natural? If you still had some relaxed ends, maybe that is the reason for the breakage. Either way, I'm glad you found something that works. Clap


Posted By: redbone.savage
Date Posted: Apr 16 2012 at 4:16pm
bump, im loving this thread !

-------------


Posted By: samiro
Date Posted: May 23 2012 at 11:54am
Texlaxed yesterday for my birthday(today :D) I was 3 months post. Here are my results. I did it the same way as I did it the last time(view my first post in this thread with last results) it's like 70% dry in the photo. When it dries completely, it's bigger and curlier (I'll take pictures of it when i'm less lazy)



-------------
I'm a peacock, you gotta let me fly!

Apl - {BSB}-BSl - mbl - wL - hl-tbl


Posted By: breBR3bre
Date Posted: May 23 2012 at 12:44pm
I wanna texlax so bad, but its so hit or miss I would rather not take the chance. These pics really make me want to.


Posted By: redbone.savage
Date Posted: May 23 2012 at 1:25pm
Looks good samiro, whats your hair type ?

-------------


Posted By: samiro
Date Posted: May 23 2012 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by redbone.savage redbone.savage wrote:


<!-- bmi_SafeAddOnload(bmi_load,"bmi_orig_img",0);//-->

Looks good samiro, whats your hair type ?



Thanks! I'm not sure, but my guess is 3c in the back and 4a/4b every where else

-------------
I'm a peacock, you gotta let me fly!

Apl - {BSB}-BSl - mbl - wL - hl-tbl


Posted By: samiro
Date Posted: May 27 2012 at 9:59am


Refreshed the semi permanent color that i put in in the first post I have in this thread. Black on top, red on bottom

-------------
I'm a peacock, you gotta let me fly!

Apl - {BSB}-BSl - mbl - wL - hl-tbl


Posted By: samiro
Date Posted: May 27 2012 at 10:07am
Originally posted by samiro samiro wrote:








My hair is naturally in the 4's. I'm not sure exactly what my hair type is because I've been fully, bone straight relaxed for like ever. But anyway, I used just for me and I've been transitioning to texlaxed for a year (2/12/11 - now) and I loooooove it :P I still have relaxed ends I'm not ready to let go of though lol.




I dyed my hair with manic panic's rock and roll red and raven's black. I meant for the two colors to be seperate, but I effed up and they mixed a bit, but I like it.


In the pics, I'm sporting a wash and go. Moisturizer + that kinky curly gel like stuff(i don't feel like getting up to see the actual name of it)


Originally posted by samiro samiro wrote:

Texlaxed yesterday for my birthday(today :D) I was 3 months post. Here are my results. I did it the same way as I did it the last time(view my first post in this thread with last results) it's like 70% dry in the photo. When it dries completely, it's bigger and curlier (I'll take pictures of it when i'm less lazy)


Originally posted by samiro samiro wrote:



Refreshed the semi permanent color that i put in in the first post I have in this thread. Black on top, red on bottom


Just so all my posts will be together

-------------
I'm a peacock, you gotta let me fly!

Apl - {BSB}-BSl - mbl - wL - hl-tbl


Posted By: whitrhymes
Date Posted: Jun 13 2012 at 1:56pm
Bad pic from instagram, im washing tonight so I will try to take a better one. I texlax with ORS olive oil regular... My hair was wet in this pic, it dries tighter than this.
 
This is going to sound really bad but I really don't know what my hair pattern is, when I was natural I didn't bother to research it.


-------------
I know you aint a pimp but pimp remember what I taught ya
Keep your heart 3 stacks, keep your heart


Posted By: KunoichiNindroid
Date Posted: Jun 13 2012 at 4:59pm
I like it. You should post a whole head pic of it dry. What texlax method do you use?



-------------
http://alterna-tickers.com" rel="nofollow">
www.hairgeekly.com" rel="nofollow - www.hairgeekly.com


Posted By: BoutThatLife
Date Posted: Jun 27 2012 at 12:18am


Wet hair before I added any conditioner or product

Last texlax was probably a month ago

This is my 2nd time doing the texlax product. I think it will get looser the more I do it. I'm also trying to heat train my hair to loosen up the wave.  It dries poofy

I use just for me texture softener for about 10 minutes

Hair before texting was a mix of 3c-4a with some 4b

Tell me what you think!


-------------
I AM THE AUTHOR OF MY OWN SCRIPT AND I PLAY BY MY RULES.

POSITIVITY + LOVE AND ALL GOOD THINGS SURROUND ME


Posted By: whitrhymes
Date Posted: Jun 27 2012 at 6:06am
This is my hair air dried with only a leave in.  I don't get it very straight at all. When I plan on wearing it straight, I have to use a blow dryer. It irons out like a fresh relaxer, it gets a little too straight imo...



-------------
I know you aint a pimp but pimp remember what I taught ya
Keep your heart 3 stacks, keep your heart


Posted By: Coiled up
Date Posted: Jul 06 2012 at 10:34am
How long do u leave it in generally as 4b, virgin hair and using mega silk mild with oils added to relaxer. Your hair look pretty. Wonder what it's doing 2 years later.


Posted By: Coiled up
Date Posted: Jul 06 2012 at 1:33pm
Yikes! Beautiful girl! Simply beautiful!!!!


Posted By: Coiled up
Date Posted: Jul 06 2012 at 1:37pm
New to BMH please tell me what BUMP means. I see it alot but I don't know what it means lol!


Posted By: Coiled up
Date Posted: Jul 06 2012 at 1:44pm
Ok I'm not slowwwww lol! So sorry, your posts have answered my questions. And I looked at the date a d it was as recent as June 2012 not 2 yrs ago. Uuuuggghhhhh!!!! I got so excited I just started going in lol.


Posted By: Coiled up
Date Posted: Jul 06 2012 at 1:57pm
I'm not too shabby as a kitchen ' beautician' lol, and w the knowledge you tube and BHM has given me I feel like a chemist damn near lol! However, IF I have 90%virgin hair (transitioning) and have decided to texlax, do I put the relaxer on all parts that is virgin? Back in the day I had a stylist that took care of the relaxer portion of my styling, bits it's been over 2 years and I want to learn to texlax mysel. So again 1. Put relaxer on all parts unrelaxed? 2. Wld the texlax community recommend going to a shop for the first time in forever? Please & thank yall


Posted By: destinee1483
Date Posted: Jul 07 2012 at 3:37pm
Ahh these pics make me want to tex lax but I am scared!!! Your results are amazing! Any tips or advice for the first time?


Posted By: destinee1483
Date Posted: Jul 07 2012 at 3:40pm
coiled did you texlax yet?


Posted By: Coiled up
Date Posted: Jul 07 2012 at 4:04pm
Hey! Nope lol! In fact I still have my kinky twists in. I'm trying to decide if I shld go to the shop or go for it myself. Hey, can u answer my question? When u r relaxing/texlaxing etc. do you put it all over the virgin parts? Or still just the roots. May be a silly question but nonetheless I'm not clear. Pls & Ty


Posted By: Coiled up
Date Posted: Jul 07 2012 at 4:20pm
Ha! Destinee we in the same boat I see!


Posted By: destinee1483
Date Posted: Jul 07 2012 at 4:46pm
yeah. I want to but I am scared!! I actually bought the just for me kit and opened it and then returned it :-/  so confused! keep us updated! also what texture is your hair?


Posted By: Coiled up
Date Posted: Jul 08 2012 at 4:54am
I know I'm a 4, but know if abc etc. well ima be taking these twist out asap! So ima have to make a decision quick so I'm not looking like " give us free" lol!


Posted By: Nicouture
Date Posted: Aug 02 2012 at 8:17pm
how do i post pics? Wacko duh lol


Posted By: Coiled up
Date Posted: Aug 06 2012 at 1:28pm
Heyyyyy! Yes yes yes! I finally texlaxed and baaaaaby It came out great. I did it myself, I used mild motions oil relaxer, I added evo & tressemme to the relaxer ( bcz I truly just wanted loosened not straightened) also I had been in twists for so long...too long, and I hadn't had a relaxer in over a year so my thought process was be under processed rather than over...if there was a mistake. Anyhow I used aphogee 2 min before I neutralized and did a deep condi after I neutralized 5xs 1 two washings I let neutralizer sit for 8 min, next two 5 min, last 10 min (paranoid, yes!). I also found out my front is quickest to process so starting in the back is a must. So front cane out more wavy-loose curled, and the back to a jheri loosened curl (which I love) aloooooot of texture! I had hardly no shedding (after I got all the dead hair from the 4 mth straight kinky twists). When I say barely anything in the comb... Thats exactly what I mean! I also did roux leave in protein bottle. It comes in a grey box w 3 lil bottles. Anywho bcz of the weather I weaves it up a few days later w Bobbi boss ocean wave. By the time I take my weave out I'll be ready To dive head 1st w my journey. I feel so empowered. BHM and you tube wb my saving grace as time goes on.


Posted By: Coiled up
Date Posted: Aug 06 2012 at 1:42pm
Your hair is beautiful texlaxed! Sorry tobhear about the britlle battle, but happy you corrected it! Now my question/ quest is to find out if just 4 me or reg relaxer in mild is better. Any thoughts? I did hear that j4m has a mineral base which may not be good, but I read good things and I'm thinking that will help me to as close to texturized as possible...open to any comments regarding this


Posted By: stephshe
Date Posted: Aug 06 2012 at 10:44pm
I just used the scurl texturizer tonight on my hair, I was about to give up on my newly natural journey because of the different textures and how hard it was to get curl definition in some areas. I was really nervous because the top of my hair is a looser 3c or even 3b type curl and I have a mixture in the rest of my hair. I think I left the cream on about a total of 5 minutes starting from the back, then front and doing the top last. The definition is sooo much better I can't wait until my hair gets longer Smile


Posted By: Coiled up
Date Posted: Aug 07 2012 at 10:15am
*stephshe* owow! Been hearing so much about just for me, didn't Cross me to look up scurl! I appreciate you sharing your experience! SCURL let me hit you tube right now!!!!


Posted By: HoneyS7
Date Posted: Aug 09 2012 at 7:34am
Originally posted by Coiled up Coiled up wrote:

Heyyyyy! Yes yes yes! I finally texlaxed and baaaaaby It came out great. I did it myself, I used mild motions oil relaxer, I added evo & tressemme to the relaxer ( bcz I truly just wanted loosened not straightened) also I had been in twists for so long...too long, and I hadn't had a relaxer in over a year so my thought process was be under processed rather than over...if there was a mistake. Anyhow I used aphogee 2 min before I neutralized and did a deep condi after I neutralized 5xs 1 two washings I let neutralizer sit for 8 min, next two 5 min, last 10 min (paranoid, yes!). I also found out my front is quickest to process so starting in the back is a must. So front cane out more wavy-loose curled, and the back to a jheri loosened curl (which I love) aloooooot of texture! I had hardly no shedding (after I got all the dead hair from the 4 mth straight kinky twists). When I say barely anything in the comb... Thats exactly what I mean! I also did roux leave in protein bottle. It comes in a grey box w 3 lil bottles. Anywho bcz of the weather I weaves it up a few days later w Bobbi boss ocean wave. By the time I take my weave out I'll be ready To dive head 1st w my journey. I feel so empowered. BHM and you tube wb my saving grace as time goes on.


Did you take any pictures of your results?


-------------
I often wish that I could save everyone, but I'm a dreamer.


Posted By: Coiled up
Date Posted: Aug 09 2012 at 12:55pm
@HoneyS7, sorry but I didn't. I have to get better with remembering especially since I love pics. PSA for any1 wondering...I will always block my face due to professional reasons. I want freedom to talk ish, open dialogue and my opinions w/o being tracked on social media sites. Ty for understanding.


Posted By: Sw33ti3_205
Date Posted: Aug 11 2012 at 1:12am
Congrats on your texturizer!! I used the same texturizer and followed all the directions and my hair came out bone straight in parts, wavy on others, and curly on some. I also had a lot of shedding and dryness even with products that usually kept my hair well moisturized

I loved my natural hair before and this was a huge set back for me. Recently I found a natural stylist and she told me I have to cut my hair ,which is about 6in right now, to gain my natural style and texture back so now I'm looking for ways to speed up my growth process. So I recommend that if you find a natural stylist before you go back to the creamy crack's baby sister. Best of luck to you on your hair journey though


Posted By: nicks_hotmama06
Date Posted: Oct 17 2012 at 12:17am
How do you ladies move so quickly when applying the texlax???? When I was relaxed it took me at least 15 minutes to apply it. Would it be best to slather on like conditioner the first time on virgin hair? What about when touch up time comes.......how do you get it only on the new growth but in such a small amount of time as 5-10 minutes??????

-------------
I don't understand all His ways, but my faith keeps me going.....


Posted By: Curlyblossom12
Date Posted: Apr 09 2013 at 10:58pm
What brand did you use? 


Posted By: osopretty
Date Posted: Apr 10 2013 at 1:36pm
I used Silk Elements Regular strength and left it on about 20 minutes.


Posted By: Hairsage1
Date Posted: Apr 17 2013 at 7:37am
This is really pretty - is this the result of Silk Elements only or Silk Elements w/ conditioner mixed in?Tongue


Posted By: osopretty
Date Posted: Apr 17 2013 at 11:04am
Silk elements only, no conditioner. It was an accident, I was actually going for a bone straight look.LOL


Posted By: LadyAradia
Date Posted: Apr 17 2013 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by nicks_hotmama06 nicks_hotmama06 wrote:

How do you ladies move so quickly when applying the texlax???? When I was relaxed it took me at least 15 minutes to apply it. Would it be best to slather on like conditioner the first time on virgin hair? What about when touch up time comes.......how do you get it only on the new growth but in such a small amount of time as 5-10 minutes??????

Would be best to have it professionally done. It is a skill that not everyone has. Best not to practice w/ chemicals. Go to an expert.


Posted By: Coiled up
Date Posted: Apr 17 2013 at 6:19pm
Use 2 ppl or split your hair in 2sections, do one section rinse neutralize etc. then repeat on other section. Maybe more work than you want but guaranteed results.



Print Page | Close Window